How did you get your HubPages name?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (47 posts)
  1. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 13 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2583016_f248.jpg
    If your HubPages name is different from your real name, how did you come up with it? Example, My favorite classic rock band is ZZ Top so I came up with zzron.

1. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like my mother and father. so I coined the the user name by combining both their name.

1. ImChemist profile image57
        ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I get my HP name from my work chemist.

2. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, of course I didn't realise you used the ZZ from the band Ron. Cool!

I got my name from Rory Gallagher, it was the title of one of his great rock tunes. Here's the man in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GazzTFxXGeE

3. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"vox vocis" is the way that the Latin word for "voice" is commonly cited in dictionaries. I try to keep my writing informative and trustworthy so I came up with this name...and I adapted the avatar, too :-)

4. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I refuse to be a door matt any longer. Plus, some other hubbers might rememeber DM for my initials. Ive been here before.

1. Abbasangel profile image65
        Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!! You are special and don't need to let people wipe their feet on you to be validated!! Good on you!!

5. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From the movie iamalegend  big_smile

1. profile image0
        Travis_S_Musicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

isnt the movie i am legend?

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Holle Abee = H. Abee = habee.

3. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

I feel most at home when I am near the ocean and I love riding the waves  . .add to that I was born on the 22nd of July!

4. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

my name is part of an anagram of my complete name.

5. Cam Anju profile image69
    Cam Anjuposted 13 years ago

My HP name is my first and middle initials Cassandra-Amber M. and then Anju is something I thought was pretty, it means from the heart. = Cam Anju smile

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Jase, common short name for Jason
    Kangaroo, well known marsupial and representative of signifying Australian characteristics or representing Australia.

7. lyndre profile image60
    lyndreposted 13 years ago

Two letters from each of my 3 kids names

8. vicki simms profile image67
    vicki simmsposted 13 years ago

Sadly i'm one of the boring ones that used my actual name sad really wish I had thought about it and used something different now!

9. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

I keep thinking mine is obvious, but have found otherwise.

I used to be called DJ (for short) a long time ago.

AKA is the usual "Also Known As"

Hence aka-dj big_smile

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...it's 2-fold...my love of music...the strive to be free...

11. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

After a good bit of:

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4448078_f248.jpg

And several shots of:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4448089_f248.jpg

... the sky's the limit. Or at least - ridiculous names are.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol....mornin' frogdropping... big_smile

12. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago
    1. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty awesome Skyfire. Anything but boring. I wanna be an autobot smile

13. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

I had a whole online career planned out for myself blogging about my crazy life after quittingmy career to be a stay at home mum. I spent ages thinking up an alternate name to use, and Spacey Gracey was born.

Then after doing a bit of research I realized blogging was not the way to make money and affiliate marketing was so instead I used the name to sign up to HubPages.

Still every time I look at the name it reminds me of how little I knew a about making money online when I started out.

1. amy jane profile image70
      amy janeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can so relate! When I first started out blogging (about the craziness of motherhood) I was Flaky Jane. smile By the time I found HP I decided to use my real first name with Jane instead, but now that I know better, it has stuck... I like the name Spacey Gracey though. It's memorable!

14. albc profile image60
    albcposted 13 years ago

i like straight forward and easy name as good as ABC, easy to say and easy to remember

but ABC seems meaningless

so i made it ALBC = al bee see

i think it is a nice name hahah

15. sagebrush_mama profile image60
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Nevada state flower is sagebrush...and my position as a mom...hence, Sagebrush_mama.

16. Extinct Soul profile image61
    Extinct Soulposted 13 years ago

I got my name from Maria Clara, a character from a book that was written by the Philippines national hero. She is a trademark of a true blooded Filipina. A quality of a woman that, for me, is already in its extinction because of the unstoppable growth of technology and influences from other countries.

So I've decided to carry her as my second soul. smile

17. profile image0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 13 years ago

Mine is..well. My first name, the initial of my last name, which is spelled out in my picture, and music, because my intentions were to write about playing the guitar, which is what i started with, and then it sorta branched off into other things

18. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

My Hubpages name comes from a name for my advocate company still in development.

Citizens
    Attain
    Greater
    Satisfaction
    In
    Life.

Cagsil smile

1. Abbasangel profile image65
      Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like that!! smile

19. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

My sister named me, then she passed away at 13 when I was 1 year old. It's very special to me that she got to name me. I wish I could have known her.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is so sad Dorsi, yet what a lovely tribute to her. It is a wonderful tribute and a good way to never forget her.

1. Dorsi profile image88
        Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misty. I love that I get to have the name she chose for me.

20. brimancandy profile image76
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Well I combined a few things. First was my a nickname everyone calls me by, and that is "Bri".

Next two would be that I am a "man' and I like "Candy"

So I came up with Bri-man-candy.

Sometimes I am also called Man candy, So that went in a little too.

21. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

Evvy09 is also my gamertag   Evvy means life.  The 09 part represents the year 2009, which was a really bad year for me.  I lost alot and learned a good about myself that year, good and bad and came out of it stronger.

22. Abbasangel profile image65
    Abbasangelposted 13 years ago

Mine is an old name I made up for a previous life public profile and found I used it as a username a lot....

It means Abba (as in a term of endearment for father God) Angel means Messenger.... I guess I do this differently these days... :s

23. warchild75 profile image64
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

mine was taken from a popular film called "Point Break" with Keanu Reeves, one of the bad surfers was called Warchild and at the time i was like 18 or so and was gym obsessed and had quite a ripped torso which all my mates thought made me look like warchild so that stuck,had it for about 17 years now and use it for all online activity!

24. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

elayne is my middle name and also my alter ego - it is my artist name because it sounds more polynesian than my first name - ruth. I just added the 001 to risk being confused with another elayne.

25. Audarah profile image68
    Audarahposted 13 years ago

Its the name of a toon I rolled on a popular (very popular game).

26. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 13 years ago

I chose the name Alicia because I like it and because I like plants. “Alicia”  is the first part of the scientific name of some flowering plants. “C” is the initial of my last name.

27. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I've used it as an alias name for a long time even before hubpages.

28. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4486028.jpg

Sometimes it happens, sometimes life gives you this and you can do nothing about it. In year 2006 my life turned into this. There was no hurricane but it hit like one. I lost everything including my home. Well, almost everything. I still have my kids and my 2 cats with me and that means a lot. That's why I am Home Girl. I am looking for my home...

29. profile image0
    Muldanianposted 13 years ago

I have written a few fairy tales, set in the fictional land of Muldania.  From this, I had the idea of calling myself Muldanian.

30. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

Big Issue magazine that I used to write for gave me the title.

31. SkinSurvival profile image61
    SkinSurvivalposted 13 years ago

Mine's the same as my Twitter profile, which is named after my eczema blog Sensitive Skin Survival.

32. ChemKnitsBlog profile image60
    ChemKnitsBlogposted 13 years ago

I'm a biochemistry PhD candidate, and my first blog was about knitting. smile

Adding the blog to the end of the username... that is something that I only do now to be consistent with all of my account ID's. (In retrospect it's pretty dumb... but I like people knowing that I'm the same person!)

33. guy1973 profile image56
    guy1973posted 13 years ago

mine is named after the year that i was born.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)