Same Sex will kill the marriage institution in few years time

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (185 posts)
  1. Felixedet2000 profile image58
    Felixedet2000posted 11 years ago

This may sound absurd to anyone who is carnally minded, but if i am given the benefit of the doubt i want to believe that same sex marriage is antithetical to what marriage stand for any way you look at it.
    Argument in support of it might logically be very sound because a lot of people have devoted their time and energy for that purpose, that's notwithstanding. No one can re-invent the wheel, you can’t use orange juice to drive a motor vehicle because it is outside the manufacturer’s instruction, and like-wise we can not undo God's wisdom in marriage and then expect miracles and wonder to happen on the social system that we run. Humanity is doomed.
    We are heading towards total annihilation of our kind because of the perverse nature of our brain (Mind)
    Nemeses will sooner or later catch up with all of humanity if this kind of perversity is not abated. Satan is having the fun of his life, when men and women that are suppose to be good role models use all their energy and resources to defend their fantasies, what do you expect?
    Let them have their way, but when the destruction comes, you will have no excuse.
    Same sex is now the number one topic in the world underlining the resiliency of this group of people, while Christians are busy sleeping and snoring in the cold thinking; there’s no big deal.
    Well i have something for you, and that's the fact that; My Bible made me to understand that the world will come to this stage and i am glad it happen during my time. Watch out for the day of the Lord is near. It will come like a thief in the night, will you be there?
    God loves you even though you choose to become a god unto yourself.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Religion will kill itself.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
        DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hopefully, Cagsil...

1. Paulshub profile image61
          Paulshubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually religion will be gone a lot sooner (not soon enough, unfortunately) than the marriage institution, whether same sex or not. Gay marriages are 4 times more stable than heterosexual marriage will ever be. Heterosexuals made such a mockery of marriage it’s amazing how they have the nerve to be against same sex marriage.

Felixedet2000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't imagine the boldness and confidence that people now have about this issue of same sex union; i will never call it marriage though.
            Marriage is between a man and a woman, it is a narrow minded concept(Sacred)and that's the way it is naturally.

Marriage is God ordained, anything outside that is not a marriage, but a union.
            Such  is perversion, irrespective of how superior the argument might sound. It doesn't change the truth of what is in focus.

1. Paulshub profile image61

I do imagine the boldness and confidence that people now have about this issue of same sex union and eventually it will be called marriage across the US.

Closed minded and people in denial once said the same thing about interracial marriages not so long ago.

Marriage is government ordained. That part is real, no myth about it. Who issues the license? The state or church? A couple doesn’t need to be married in a church to be "married” since there’s countless marriage ceremonies being performed by a judge where word “god” isn’t mentioned. I would just just assumed be married by Elvis in Las Vegas.

I quite don't understand what's so special in churches that same sex people want.
                I think there is something so special about the church that make them desire to be join together in their union by the church authorities
                .Truly Christianity is the most unique religion in the world. I don't even need a non-Christian to accept this truth.
                When Christians cough the whole world shivers, we are indeed the light of this world as the Bible rightly said.

2. Felixedet2000 profile image58

Paul, marriage is God ordained and not government, no  wonder you find it hard to differentiate from same sex union.

And too bad you don't know your place in this world.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
                  gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marriage is a societal construct and is artificial.   Marriage is not ordained by God.   People have been falling in love and living well together without the benefit of so-called marriage.   Love is love whether one is married or lives together. Oh boy, Felix, get with the 21st century!   Also, love is love regardless of sexual orientation.   As I have said before, you seem to be very obsessed with this issue.  You have two posts regarding this topic already! What gives!

Religion can not self destroy, adherent do.
        But these one is definitely on a self destructive move aimed at eliminating the only remaining core value worthy of emulations in the annals of human mentality.

Actually, since you choose a limited view. I'll agree to disagree.
          Again, with your limited understanding, I can see how you would think that.

I do have a suggestion for you, actually a couple-

(a) get over yourself
          (b) learn to be honest with yourself

You will require to do A first before you can actually accomplish B.

Good luck though.

Cagsil You are full of yourself while you would have love to have me belief in what you want without an opinion of mine, isn't that quite wonderful?
            Bravo, i am out of myself, i speak for posterity and only God can judge me.

about Honesty Cagsil, i can never ever lie to myself, i say what i belief.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://snl.jt.org/caps/episode_sketches/1989-11-18-10.jpg

editing provided by: Tonto, Tarzan, and Frankenstein inc.

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you not understand that Satan is a mythological character, with no real attributes whatsoever?  Wow!  What a fantastically foolish worldview.

lol

Then go ahead and rejoice!  Maybe you will get to see your ridiculously silly, invisible God soon.  lol

Getitrite, that's your own personal opinion about who Satan is, I differ on that definition or explanation whatever.
        Satan is a being, not a character, he is as real as you and i, and He has all our attributes and even more. He is the best or the smartest schemer God ever created. When you view the way he is, then we can make sense all the more.
        Telling me that Satan has no real attributes is way out of it; i see it as though you are trying to brainwash me. Are you?

1. getitrite profile image71

Of course you do, but you have NOTHING to back your opinion.

Yet you could not prove that, even if your life depended on it.  Do you see just how distorted your thinking is?

Are you saying that your perfect God created EVIL?  Why worship such a contradictory, nonsensical deity?

The only way that Satan makes sense, is when one becomes psychotic.

Me trying to brainwash you?  Don't be absurd.  Your religion has completely removed any chance of your critical thinking returning.  What a sad state for an adult to go through his entire life believing that imaginary characters, in a Bronze Age book, is real.

You can say whatever you like to say, Satan is who he is, and not because you said he is what he is.That's your own little world not mine.

I know who i am serving and i feel and communicate with him daily, i don't know about you, not that you care anyway, because as it seems you are clueless on what to belief in life.

Per-adventure you have a change of mind, the door of salvation is still wide open for people like you to come and have rest in the bosom of our Lord and savior.
            Even Christ was massively mocked and humiliated by clueless men. Understanding in life is not a function of logic, but a privilege. I pray for God to save your soul.

Yet you have no proof whatsoever.  Does telling the truth have any meaning to you? 

I know what you are serving too...you are serving your psychosis...nothing more.  What a sick mindset!

You mean because I refuse to drink the same rotten Kool-aid that you drink.  No, my friend, you are terribly misguided by your ridiculous indoctrination.  You have been told what to think, but what you were told to think is a LIE.  Pitiful that your brain isn't developed enough to discern when you have been taken advantage of.

Don't be silly.  Your worldview is like that of an inexperienced child.  Talk to me when you obtain the courage to be a grown up.

1. gmwilliams profile image85

Thank you and I totally concur with you on this.  It seems to me that the OP is obsessed with this issue.  The OP has posted the same premise on a previous post.   The OP should let this issue RIP.   It does not matter whom you marry and/or cohabit with as long as they have a commonality and love each other.  Their sexual orientation is totally a nonissue on this.   The OP should post another subject- this obsession is wearing quite thin.  The OP should move on!  In other words, ENOUGH ALREADY!

Yes, it's frightening that in this advanced stage of human evolution, some people still refuse to evolve beyond the Bronze Age.

Thank you again, getitrite.  I promised myself not to get involved with this post.  However, when I read the OP's responses, I just had to add my two cents!

You are still afar, your point are ridiculous. Satan is not a myth and has never been OK?
                Don't brainwash innocent children of the most high. You can dine with your mindset all i care.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                  Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Satan and Jesus are both myths.

Prove me wrong.

Mark, Satan is not a myth. He was not a myth in the Garden of Eden; he was not a myth when he tempted Jesus after a 40 days prayer and fasting.
                    He was not a myth when he entered into the hearts of Peter being a mortal man, psycho reading his mind and urging Jesus not to go through the way of the cross. The list is simply endless, this is what i believe, and you can call it delusion for all you care.
                    Jesus is the Son of God and i have fellowship with him regularly, you don’t have to believe me in anyway because doing so is against what you stand for, but that does not in any way invalidate the truth of my humble statements.
                    Oh, may be you want to be like the Biblical Thomas, Although he was one of the 12 yet he doubted that Jesus was indeed alive until he thrust his hands into his sides that was pierced and his hands that was nailed with a 6 inches nail.
                    I am not sure you are even remotely aware of what i am talking about here Mark; it’s the truth anyway.
                    I'm not proving you anything. Jesus answer those that ask for a similar sign that only the sign of the prophet Jonah was all they will get.
                    That sign was a 3 days under the earth to purchase our salvation.
                    In like manner, on the last day you will prove yourself wrong ultimately and then it will be too late friend.

Mark do you still need more proofs?
                    firstly: Satan was an arch angel in Heaven with the name Lucifer, He was call the devil when iniquity was found in him. Before i continue i need your consent to be sure you are in line with me.

i am not done, far from being done with this proofs, if only you will be honest with your conscience Mark.

2. getitrite profile image71

OK!  So just how many times have you said this...and how many times have you backed it up with irrefutable evidence?  I would say it's about 10000:0

Now do you see just how disturbing your thinking is?  Essentially you believe in things that, you, yourself, can't even prove to yourself...without the benefit of psychosis.

I long for the day when your religious views are no longer given the status that it has now...and people forcing this nonsense upon innocent children will be charged with child abuse...and rightfully so.

Childish drivel!

Perversity of the mind has beclouded the judgement of humans. What morals are embedded in what you just said?

2. Paulshub profile image61

You can not be brainwashed since you are already there. Stating that the "idea of Satan is being as real as you and I, and he has all our attributes and even more" sounds like someone in need of a mental health evaluation and psychological counseling.  I’m not even going to start into the god thing, since you get the idea where that’s going?

lol lol lol lol lol
            lol lol lol lol lol
            lol lol lol lol lol
            lol lol lol lol lol
            lol lol lol lol lol

Yep, Satan is as real as you and i. What do i mean?
            He is a being, a spirit just as we are but with evil powers capable of manipulating people's mindset not to believe that he exist, yet his influence in their life is simply awesome.
            I can't be brainwash still.

4. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just allow me to understand this loving god for one second in this context. This is a god who is all knowing all powerful and omnipresent so when he makes people he makes them gay or at least with the knowledge that they will be gay if he makes them as he did (he knows everything) then he sets them out into the world and determines that if they are gay as he made them he will burn them for all eternity in hellfire and apparently sets his followers to make the lives of same sex couples just a bit less fulfilling and happy in this life too.

With friends like that who needs enemies? The "loving" must surely be sarcastic that is sadistic cruelty.

lol  right on!  And to continue the argument along the same lines--what "loving, merciful, just"  and omnipresent/ominipotent godhead allows (or causes) innocent children to die of horrible diseases such as leukemia, or be hit by stray bullets.....???
        Thanks, but I can do without that kind of "help."  There is no afterlife "hell" ... we're having hell right here on Earth!

1. ShalahChayilJOY profile image59
          ShalahChayilJOYposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly." John 10: 10

that evil devil people refuse to believe exists is the god that puts disease on babies

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. lu. 10: 18

This is God:
          And his [Messiah's} fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.  Mat. 4: 24

Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them. Lu. 4: 40

But when Jesus knew [it], he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; Matt. 12: 15

And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed [them] all.Luke 6: 19

These writers were just like newspaper reporters of our day. They recorded what they observed.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev. 12: 19

soon to happen...
          I would not listen to his lies that he's not really real before it's too late.

People willingly make themselves gay, and not God., God did not create anyone gay Ok. It's a fantasy and very personal indeed.

5. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mean like Rush Limbaugh, great defender of the institution of heterosexual marriage and critic of marriage equality, who has been divorced four times? Is the growing support for same sex marriage what ruined Limbaugh's four marriages?

1. Connie Smith profile image82
        Connie Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ralph, I am going to say (...and this is just my personal opinion) that the reason Limbaugh's four marriages failed was not due to other's same sex marriage, but the fact that, in order to be married to Limbaugh, they had to have the same sex with him night after night. There just isn't enough money or alcohol in this world for a woman to tolerate that for long. smile

6. brimancandy profile image80
      brimancandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In answer to your original post Felixedet2000. I still can't believe that the church has people so brainwashed that they believe that gay people getting married is going to somehow undermine the world, when there are so many much more horrible things going on, that will do it faster.

People are also confused, thinking that gay people wanting to get married is in any way connected to religion. If two gay people want to get married, they get a marriage liscense like any other couple that is issued by whatever state they live in, not by the church. Wether or not they choose to have a wedding in a church is up to them after the fact.

All this god fearing nonsense is an attempt by the people in power to keep people in their place. Or, do we forget that the church also claimed that the black man was the spawn of the devil, and rockand roll was satan's music, and women with dresses showing their knees was against gods will. All this fear mongering has lead to what? None of those things caused the earth to slip into hells fire, but there were people who insisted that it would happen. And, gay marriage is no different.

Well, the only difference is that now the church is stupid enough to pay greedy politicians to spread their hate, when they know that a majority of the country doesn't care. And, with all the failed straight marriages and divorces and adultry, the church should be equally ashamed of the state of heterosexual marriage. I think the whole thing is ridiculous.

You have a point, but the church is just doing the right thing the way it ought to be. the church don't hate gay, rather the gays hate the church and turn things round for public sympathy sake.

Disagree.   Religious doctrine does preach hatred against homosexuality and homosexuals.   It portends that marriage should be only be between heterosexual couples, adding that the MAIN reason for sex should be procreation, not pleasure.   

Let me be more succinct, homosexuals as well as other freethinking individuals are not welcomed in many religious institutions.   Religions preach that there is ONLY ONE way of morality and living.   I find this to be quite oppressive to say the least.   Homosexuals do not hate the church, the church HATES homosexuals.  DON'T GET IT TWISTED!

7. A Thousand Words profile image67
      A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope to God that one day who have a child who is born gay. Hopefully that would show you how foolish you are. Obviously your "Holy Spirit" won't do it. So much for a heightened sense of "morality."

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
        MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seriously... I hope he never has a child who is gay.  I hope he is never allowed within 500 yards of a gay child.  Why punish a poor kid to teach someone a lesson that they will never learn.  If his religion hasn't taught love and acceptance having a gay child is unlikely to do so.

1. livelonger profile image87
          livelongerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. gmwilliams profile image85

Let us pray that Felix does.  Maybe a child who is homosexual will teach him quite a karmic lesson.   Sometimes the universe sends us events and things which teaches us to be more tolerant and accepting of others!

Still not willing to have an innocent child be the instrument of karma.  I might be willing to pray that he falls in love with a man... but still that poor man would suffer the fallout.  Best that he lives away from anyone gay so as not to ruin their lives.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Does? Does what? I'm hoping he stays away from those children who feeling they are gay/lesbian.
            Not likely. Most religious people fail to learn things which are required for critical knowledge of living. So, I don't think he would learn anything.
            Hmmm...does it actually have to do that? Or do you think the Universe itself is a conscious entity which has some control over people's life?

Either way, acceptance starts with self anyways. Tolerance is part of that.

3. A Thousand Words profile image67

You're probably right.

-hugs-

I know what you meant hon... I was ribbing gently I just haven't a decent font to convey it properly wink

8. ar.colton profile image79
      ar.coltonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're such a sad man Felix. Let it go. Love is love.

2. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Your bigotry is boring me today.

1. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me too Janesix -

Felixedet2000 I posted this on your recent forum post and here it is again

- Felixedet2000 wrote this on his profile at the very end - The word of God is true; one day evil will be exposed for all to see and understand.

Well done Felixedet2000 as your forum post has just exposed you today!
      So you were right evil shall be exposed for all to see and understand all though you have exposed yourself I cant understand you!

How about the God loves you part? Is that one boring too?
      You are a divine creation and this God loves you so much. Your freedom and liberty is a testament to this truth.
      Don't you even want to hear what he has for you? At least for once...I don’t want to be preaching to you, but i still have no choice considering the fact that you see this post as boring.
      How may i spice you up a little Janesix?

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I dOnt want or need your bigoted gods love

may be this will be a bit clearer, we are all alive because of his love. That's why none of us living today know exactly what will happen the next minutes, but not so with God.

Maybe this will be a bit clearer to you.

I dont care.

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
              Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought we're all alive because we haven't died yet.

What can be more bigot than refusing to acknowledge the source we all came from?
          Isn't that the worst form of what you refer to as bigotry Janesix?
          How untruthful can we be simply because we want to win argument?
          I say there is a God and you think otherwise,is that broad minded or narrow minded?
          Don't call someone what you are, thinking you are smart.

2. A Thousand Words profile image67

What country do you live in? Does that mean that people without freedom and liberty are not loved by your God?

3. dale.b11 profile image59
    dale.b11posted 11 years ago

^^ditto.

4. Window Pain profile image58
    Window Painposted 11 years ago

I want to start a new social movement... to organize secular people into groups whose purpose is to judge and then interfere in the marriages of religious people. To ensure their marriages hold up to the standards that we superior secular people decide to apply. And any religious person whose marriage doesn’t meet our standards will be persecuted relentlessly, for their immoral marriages will be the cause of the ‘End of Civilization’.

If Bob and Joe have lived together for years, and want to get married – what possible consequence does that have on the lives of others? None.

Mind your own business.

lol lol Good luck with that.
      Okay, now this sounds foolish.
      Interesting, but yet again foolish.
      This is the only thing you said I would agree with.

5. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Let me offer an opinion of what will kill the institution of marriage:

Adultery
    Alchoholism/Drug addiction
    Abuse
    Marriages entered into for the express purpose of defrauding the government
    Marriages entered into for the express purpose of gaining or maintaining political power

There are a million more things that take aim to destroy the institution completely.  Gay marriage isn't one of them.  Sigh.

It just goes to show the level of ignorance in the world where people use tiny limited thoughts to oppress people who are not like them. It's ridiculous.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yup - utterly ridiculous.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

It doesn't seem to have done so in other countries where it is legal and has been for some time. I guess Americans are particular delicate little petals?

Felixdet is from Nigeria.

7. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 11 years ago

I know that this is against the rules but its an experiment I need to see if we can find some ground that we can all agree on.

I am inviting everyone who has voiced an opinion, even you felix to come and do this test I have laid out because I need to know truthfully if everyone here is able  to follow the instruction I have laid out and If we can actually meet on some ground and agree with out any influence from society, religion, politics etc but as Citizens Of Planet Earth and not a broken them and us society that we are currently in - <link snipped>

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If, since, you know it's against the rules, then why did you even post it?
      And since I can safely assume it ISN'T against any rules to actually view the hub, I looked at it, read it, and am LOLing at the fact that it comes off as an attempt to hypnotize or brainwash people!  LOL.  And...scary, really, considering that there could be immature or impressionable people reading it.   Circling back to the fact that you said it's against the rules, then.....why did you post it?  Sorry, really, but this Hubber for one doesn't like it when someone tries to "experiment" with my mind, or other people's minds!   Your advice (for people to forget the facts of life and the facts of right and wrong including the Biblical rules that they've learned, and to empty their minds and hearts of those values) is very very poor advice indeed.   Maybe you don't know what you're doing.....well, I've just told you what you're doing.   Are you capable of understanding that at all?  I hope so.

Just a minute Brenda its actually to see if we can agree on anything in the forums or if its just going to be each other fighting and scoring browny points because its tiring and tedious now, its the same old same old and for once why cant we just have total agreement on something for a change and then move on and find something else to discuss thats all.

For the record Brenda I am not trying to hypnotize any one, I am trying to ask people to forget any influence and answer truthfully what they feel in their hearts not what others want them to feel..

Now is that so wrong?

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'd say most peole can have total agreement that people as human beings deserve basic human respect simply as the human beings that they are.   However, we're not required to (nor should we) have respect for unlawful notions or agendas.   That's why societies have had laws governing those things for centuries.  Just because a very vocal section of liberals in this Country want to dismiss the laws of God and the laws of nature AND change America's  laws to fit that dismissal, doesn't mean it's worthy of consideration.
          Fact is that, yes, as long as the Left pushes its agenda, the Right will push back and try to correct the error, even if they're backed into a corner by the powers-that-be in society.  The Spiritual battle hasn't ended. It follows that the literal political/social battle won't end either.   That is the nature of humanity where right and wrong are taken into account.  Your scenario, like I said, seeks to dismiss those ideals.  It won't ever happen totally.  Really.  There will always be a remnant of God's people who stand firm, and there will always be a remnant of Americans who stand firm (as long as America itself stands).

I see what you mean, yet right and wrong cannot survive with out each other, but at the same time its not that everyone wants to dismiss the laws of god or nature because all our laws originate from the bible, its just that people want to move on in to a society where they are free to be themselves without prejudice or fear.  But they cant have that when they constantly oppressed with those laws that prohibit them from free.
            Brenda it is those laws that need changing but it needs to be agreed on all sides not just one. Surely you agree there that there has to be some ground that both sides can agree on?

This would be the first smart thing you've managed to say that is worth agreeing with.
            Unlawful notions or agendas? Sounds like your perception is skewed by your own ego and belief in religion's scripture. And, lack any understanding of knowing your place within society, nor do you have any clue about where your individual rights end and other people's rights begin.
            lol And people wonder why people lack awareness of others. lol
            Oh WOW! Talk about ridiculous. You want to live by your G/god's laws, feel free. Stay OUT of other people's life. It's none of your business.
            You do realize religious tyranny isn't legal, right?
            Only for the foolish.
            Actually, change is coming and it's going to affect/effect every person's life in America. Stay tuned.... lol
            And, you're wrong as per usual. lol

8. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Wait, hasn't the Same Sex killed millions of marriages already?
    Spice it up! There are 365 ways to spice up that same ole sex life.

James

9. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago

Just don't spill your seed....MURDER.

10. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

I am sick to death of reading post after post, in both the forums and 'questions/answers' (as well as in the news and political battles) on this same, tired topic! What kind of twisted, slippery-slope argument leads any sane person to think that the marriage of gays somehow threatens their own relationships?

People are who they are; life is what it is.  It's not your life--the 'gays'  are in no way harming you or threatening your own lifestyle. In point of fact, if you truly feel threatened, that threat may be of exposing what you fear within yourself..... You know the old saying, "The hen that cackles is the one who laid the egg."   ... 

LET IT GO!!  Get on with your own life, and mind your own business--it is not ANYONE'S place or 'job' to attempt to force their personal feelings or beliefs down anyone else's throat, whether by public diatribes or by attempting to change the laws of the land to suit their views!  It only highlights that person's (or group's) own insecurities.

GET OVER YOURSELVES!  And by the way....no one is perfect...so let me remind the bible thumpers--it says in your very own book, supposedly quoted from the person you claim to follow, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

(You'll note the TYPE of 'sin' was left unspecified--meaning ANY kind of
    sin.)  This godhead, in whom you claim to beleive, reserves judgement unto himself.  Judging people is not your job!
    In fact, another of your bible's famous quotes reads "love thy neighbor."  Again, it does not contain qualifiers.  It does not say, "love thy neighbor unless he is poor, sick, gay, rich, a criminal, or anything else with which you may disagree."  Gay-bashing is in violation of more than one of the "laws" you thumpers claim to follow...making hypocrites of every person making any argument or statement against gays.

Furthermore, this godhead in which you believe and claim to follow, according to the belief system you profess, made everything and everyone, including gays--so, you're saying your god made "junk?" 
    You claim to know the mind of god with statements such as "god abhors gays."  That's a pretty egotisitcal claim! 
    The gays are who they are are because that's how they were made; it is not a choice.  Even if it were a choice, you cannot claim on any basis whatsoever that they have 'sinned against god,' because not a single one of your ten commandments reads, "Thou shalt not be gay."

(And just in case you're curious, no, I'm not a lesbian--I'm happily married to a man I love dearly.  Just because someone supports gays does not make them one.  What I am is in favor of human rights and fair and equal treatment.  I am against hate crimes, judgement and hypocrisy.)

Now, go away and stop with the gay-bashing!

Don't tell me you hate argument, because life itself is full of controversy, so we all have to get use to that. As long as we live, opinions will always differ. Diversity is the beauty of my God, i hope everyone here get that straight. God made us all, why are we so much against him and even to the extent of mocking those that just want to let us know that this God is real?

I never said anything about arguments.  I said I can't stand intolerance, bigotry, and hypocrisy.
        I was not mocking anything--I was stating the truth of the matter as I see it.  If you percieve that as being "mocked," that is a flaw in your own perception--so own it!  Perhaps you should be certain you have understood what you have read, and not try to insert things between the lines that are not there.  That is the specialty and purview of politicians--and I am no politician.
        I also said that my problem was not with "believers," but with hypocrites, and escpecially those who insist on trying to "convert" others, or force their beliefs down everyone else's throats.  In this country, we have freedom of religion--by extension, that also means freedom from relgion for those so inclined.
        More wars, murder, mayhem, pillaging and torture have happened over the centruies in the name of "god," than over any other cause.  I rest my case.

2. ShalahChayilJOY profile image59
      ShalahChayilJOYposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you're tired of reading these things, why are you reading them? You don't have to, do you?

Do we not have free speech in America and on the web? if one is not in America?

I would think that the best way to silence the question would be to completely ignore it...

Give the question no attention...

Then there's no one for the original poster of the question to 'argue' with or to "bash"

Take the question off your radar...
      sounds simple

Please do not misunderstand. You said you're tired of reading this stuff
      Who is forcing you to?

not saying you don't have the right to comment

If I were really tired of something, I'd walk away...not keep reading it, duh...

1. A Thousand Words profile image67

I'd have to disagree. Sometimes being tired of something makes you do something about it. Walking away is only one way to do something about the fact that you're tired of something, not the only way.  And please, let's not get into the freedoms that this country is founded upon, because you guys [conservatives] have been notorious for infringing upon those rights often with minorities, no matter if it's racial like the past, or sexual orientation like today. Free speech becomes hate and bigoted speech when it interferes with people's rights based on something as simple as loving then marrying someone who happens to have your same genitalia. It's an old and tired argument.

3. gmwilliams profile image85

THANK YOU.........I CONCUR!

11. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

Christians are funny...

12. kcsummers profile image61
    kcsummersposted 11 years ago

If I can steal a quote from someone else:

"I meet you all the time. You hate Obama. You hate gay people. You hate black people, immigrants, Muslims, labor unions, women who want the right to make choices concerning their bodies, you hate em all. You hate being called racist. You hate being called a bigot. Maybe if you talked about creating jobs more than you talk about why you hate gay people we wouldn't call you bigots. Maybe if you talked about black people without automatically assuming they are on food stamps while demanding their birth certificates we wouldn't call you racist. You hate socialism and social justice. You hate regulations and taxes and spending and the Government. You hate.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com      You like war. You like torture. You like Jesus. I don't know how in the hell any of that is compatible, but no one ever accused you haters of being over-committed to ideological consistency. You like people who look like you or at least hate most of the things that you hate. You hate everything else.

Now, I know you profess to love our country and the founding fathers (unless you are reminded that they believed in the separation of church and state), but I need to remind you that America is NOT what Fox News says it is. America is a melting pot, it always has been. We are a multi-cultural amalgamation of all kinds of people, and yet you still demonize everyone who is not a rich, white, heterosexual christian male or his submissive and obedient wife.

You hate liberals, moderates, hell, anyone who disagrees with Conservative dogma as espoused by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. You hate em.

Well, here are the facts, Jack. If you hate the Government then you are unqualified to manage it. If you hate gay people more than you love America than you should take your own advice and get the hell out. There are several countries that are openly hostile to gay people, but they are full of brown people and you don't like them much either from what I understand. It looks like you are screwed, but that's not what I am here to tell you.

More rant below the fold . . .

Now that you have thrown everything and the kitchen sink at President Obama and it still hasn't worked you are panicking. Obama's approval ratings are still near 50% despite your best efforts to undermine the economy and America's recovery at every step you can. You tried to hold the American economy hostage to force America into default on its' debts, debts that YOU rang up under Bush, so you could blame it on Obama and it failed. You've used the filibuster more than any other Congress ever, going so far as to vote against providing health care access to 9/11 first responders. You remember 9/11, don't you, it's that thing you used to lie us into a war in Iraq, and then when Obama killed Bin Laden and ended the war in Iraq you told people that he hates America and wants the troops to fail. You monsters. You hate Obama with a passion, despite the fact that he is a tax cutting, deficit reducing war President who undermines civil rights and delivers corporate friendly watered down reforms that benefit special interests just like a Republican. You call him a Kenyan. You call him a socialist. You dance with your hatred singing it proudly in the rain like it was a 1950's musical.

Frankly, you disgust me. Your hatred nauseates me. Your bigotry offends me. Your racism revolts me.

Dear haters, I am openly questioning your patriotism.

I think you hate gays, Obama, black people, poor people, all of us, women, atheists and agnostics, Latinos, Muslims, Liberals, all of us, I think you hate every one who isn't exactly like you, and I think you hate us more than you love your country.

I think you hate gay soldiers more than you want America to win its wars.

I don't even think you want America to win wars, you just want America to have wars, never ending wars and the war profiteering it generates. You love that kind of spending, you love spending on faith based initiatives and abstinence based sex education (George Carlin would have loved that one), you love spending on subsidies for profitable oil corporations, you spend like drunken sailors when you are in the White House, but if it is a Democrat then suddenly you cheer when America doesn't get the Olympics because it might make the black President look bad. But oooh you love your country, you say, and you want it back. Well listen here skippy, it isn't your country, you don't own it, it is our country, and America is NOT the religiously extremist Foxbots who hate science, elitist professors and having a vibrant and meaningful sex life with someone we love if Rick Santorum doesn't approve of it. Rick Santorum isn't running for America's fucking high school dance chaperone, he should probably just shut the hell up about sex, but he can't because he has nothing else to run on.

Republicans can NOT win on the issues. They've got NOTHING. All they have is a divide and conquer class war that pits ignorant racist and bigoted people against the rest of us in a meaningless battle of wedge issues and the already proven to fail George W. Bush agenda again of tax cuts for the rich, deregulation, privatization and war profiteering and nothing else, so all they can do is blame black people, gays the government, anybody and everyone else for their own failings. The party of personal responsibility, my ass.

But they love multi-national corporations, just ask a gay hating and racist religious extremist if they think Corporations are people and they will gladly agree, but if you ask them if gay people are people they aren't so sure.

Dear haters, you are the cruel, heartless misinformed assholes who would sell America out to Haliburton in a heartbeat, you would rather pay ZERO taxes than you would see a newly born baby get access to quality health care, you cheer when we discuss denying health care to young people with preventable diseases, and you boo when we discuss the First Ladies plan to cut back on childhood obesity. You are a cross to carry and a flag to wrap yourself in away from being the people who Sinclair Lewis warned us about, but I guarantee that if Fox News told you to dress that way you would, because you are the same blind, ignorant and closed minded dunces who drove this country into a civil war years ago because you are bound to the notion that some men are more equal than others. In short, the reason I proudly wear my union army hat is because of seditious sell outs like you who constantly fuck over working class Americans so a foreign entrepreneur like Rupert Murdoch can get a bigger tax break. If corporations are people, they are neither American patriots nor capable of love. Just like you.

So stop wearing your hate with pride. Stop celebrating your anti-science, anti-math ignorance. Stop using code words to mask your bigotry like "family values", especially when you hate my family and when you stand on the same stage as a guy who has had three marriages or if you share a seat in the Senate with a guy who cheated on his wife with hookers while wearing diapers. You should be ashamed. I know that you are just doing this to motivate your misinformed hate cult base because if they actually knew that your ideas will make them poorer than they are now, they would never vote for you. You are doing your best to impoverish your countrymen so rich people can get bigger tax breaks and you can keep on delivering corporate welfare to the special interests who have bribed you, and I am disgusted by the way you gleefully parade your hatred with aplomb. I don't think you do love America. At least, not as much as you hate everyone in America who isn't exactly like you.

You should think about that, and maybe get some help.

And for the record, I do not hate you. I am embarrassed by you and nauseated by your cruel and thoughtless behavior and your all consuming greed, but I do not hate you. I forgive you and I hope you can change someday, but I don't hate you. You have enough hate in you for the rest of us as it is."

OPEN YOUR MIND!

Oh, yeah!  That sums it up nicely!!  Well done!

13. Lions Den Media profile image59
    Lions Den Mediaposted 11 years ago

Connie: what does Limbaugh have to do with anything regarding same sex (ie gay) marriage. Limbaugh was married to women. But as long as you bring up limbaugh, marriage and women -- I doubt any of his wives married him fraudulently on the bases of his wealth. No -- women don't (Anna Nichole Smith) marry men for money...do they Connie? However, that said, this has nothing to do with the topic -- Gay Marriage -- which is perverting and thus destroying the institution of marriage due to a politically correct agenda that is forcing gay marriage and lifestyle choices into the social mainstream. So we have a 1.5 percent of the population (gays) attempting to dictate thousands of years of legal and religious precedent while attempting to force 300 million Americans to accept a lifestyle "choice", that by definition -- cannot survive without heterosexuals.

So you believe that gay people are trying to make marriage a same-sex institution only, and wipe out heterosexuality?

Another statement to be one of the most foolish I've read on HubPages.

Thank you for the laughs. lol lol lol lol lol

3. profile image0

I hate to point out this flaw in your reasoning, but the only thing necessary for a species to survive is a man and a woman.  You do know there are gay women out there also, right?  And, you do know that many heterosexuals are incapable of reproducing naturally - yet they are able to do using scientific measures?  Therefore, even a population solely made up of homosexuals can indeed reproduce and continue to survive.

This is more theoretical than practical, you know that certainly Motown;don't you?

Yes, technology dictates what Motown said to be TRUE.

Technology is out of view when spirituality is in focus, are we clear on this? Cagsil.

Nice to hear about dishonesty when it comes out into the open. Congrats! roll

2. profile image0

I do indeed - as is the premise that allowing gay marriage is going to wipe out the heterosexual population.

In defense of the theory, however, it is a far more practical theory than the above supposition.

2. Lions Den Media profile image59
        Lions Den Mediaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Motown: One of your flawed assumptions is that all the offspring produced would be homosexuals, when in fact homosexuality is not a normal natural state of being, otherwise there would be far more than 1.5 percent of the population being gay. Your logic escapes me though. The reality that you fail to accept is that gay lifestyles are between the same sexes. But your argument is arguing for the NEED of "man and woman" as a prerequisite for human life. So homosexuals cannot reproduce, because by definition homosexuals cannot create life. Even with "scientific measures" both male and female sexes are REQUIRED.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that heterosexuality would need to survive. It also means that homosexuality would not need to matter at all.

Any man or woman can produce children without heterosexuality or homosexuality/lesbianism existing.

Each are just labels and irrelevant to the actual process of reproduction.

2. profile image0

Ummm...yet again you miss the point that not all homosexuals are MEN.  You very clearly state that all that is needed to reproduce is a man and a woman.  Even a gay man and a gay woman can reproduce - ACK -even NATURALLY if they chose.  And, you seem to be under the impression that homosexuals will bear homosexual children only, which I in no way intimated.

Oddly, that completely contradicts your original statement that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice.

So which is it?

smile

1. Lions Den Media profile image59

How is stating a fact that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice contradict my statement?

In addressing your premise -- If gay men and women were to procreate naturally they would not be gay -- or am I missing something? 

As for the homosexuals having heterosexual kids I simply was stating a mathematical fact of probability. My point was that regardless of what homos do sexually they cannot change nature and thus the natural definition of marriage cannot be changed.

But who really cares what homosexuals want? I could care less other than for the fact that this whole gay marriage thing is a manufactured left wing propaganda that Obama is using to raise money and obtain votes and perhaps redecorate his home.

There is no natural definition of marriage. Marriage is a societal contruct.

+++++++.

2. Lions Den Media profile image59

So you're saying that heterosexuality is not natural, therefore there is no natural propensity towards defining marriage as being between a man and a woman. Perhaps there is also nothing known as "natural law"?

But really, is this the most pressing issue in America today?

I never said that. I said marriage wasnt natural.

Can you read?

Both hetero and homosexuality are natural.

3. Felixedet2000 profile image58

Janesix, you amused me wildly and that's not fair though. How can you in this world of ours say that marriage is a societal construct?
                Are you kidding me or making a point?

May be you ought to explain yourself all the more because this is the first time in my entire life that i have heard this sort of definition, very amusing. Thanks though for broadening the scope of the definition albeit you are far off.

Maybe you should go learn what a "societal construct" is before you open your mouth. You would have been better off saying "I'll check into that because I'm not sure what you mean", instead of asking her "are you kidding me or making a point".

A societal construct is based on interaction between two people. If you were the only person on the planet, then there would be not reason to have any societal constructs at all. Thank goodness, you are not.

There you go again Cagsil. Marriage is not a societal construct.Of course you didn't say anything that is incomprehensible.
                    Marriage is not a societal construct for your information. Societal construct can be use when you talk about vices, certainly not marriage. Think about that Cagsil.

2. janesix profile image59

I am not joking at all. Procreation is natural. Sex is natural. Defecation is natural. Eating and sleeping are natural.

Marriage, clothing, building houses, wearing jewelry, building cities, making laws...societal constructs.

Use your thinking skills for a change.

+ a multillion times.

+1

2. profile image0

Okie doke.  So you're saying the mathematical odds are that homosexual men and women will bear more homosexual than heterosexual children?  But homosexuals are born to be heterosexual and choose to be homosexual?  As far as a gay man and a gay women choosing to procreate naturally, it would be against their nature to do so, but it would be physically possible.

In short, your argument that homosexual marriage will destroy heterosexual marriage, and ultimately the population are poor arguments and impossible to back up legitimately.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

None of my children -to my knowledge- are bisexual.  Neither of my parents were bi-sexual.  None of my grandparents were bisexual.  My sexuality is not a choice... if it WERE a choice (and hold onto your hats here) I would choose to be completely Lesbian.  Unfortunately I can not help who I fell in love with and thus ended up with a man.

1. profile image0

Ditto, Melissa.  Except that I have no children.  smile

You want to borrow a couple of mine?  The 18 year old can mow grass and do his own laundry but I have to keep chasing the proof of his heterosexuality out of my house at unreasonable hours of the night.  The 3 year old is unnaturally cute but never stops moving... as she is attached to my hip 24 hours a day it gets tiring... however she is the reason I am awake at unreasonable hours of the night to catch the 18 year old... so they should probably go as a pair.

The new one isn't available for loan until at least mid-August and the 13 year old comes with an attached ex-husband.  I don't advise taking that package deal unless you are proficient with blow darts filled with tranquilizers.

1. profile image0

Gimme the 18 year old and the 13 year old...I may not be proficient with a blow dart, but I do live in another state (and my husband is a damn good shot)!

They are all yours...

Just a caveat though... the thirteen year old's name is Damion.  Make of that what you will.

4. Connie Smith profile image82
      Connie Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me, but I was making a specific reply to a question that RALPH asked and the reply was directed to him.  I didn't realize that you were the moderator of this forum and that I had to make sure that you approved any comment I might have.

lol lol lol lol lol

Moderator of the forum? lol lol lol lol lol lol

Connie, the moderator of all forums is the hubpages management. You have the right to make your comment just like everyone else.

14. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Let me try to explain a little differently.  Do you know who Melissa Etheridge is?  She and her partner (female partner) have a child that was created using the sperm of a man.  Neither woman had to engage in coitus to produce the child.  They lived their happy gay lives and allowed for scientific intervention to have a child.

Tom and Bert are gay man.  Neither of them is able to carry a child, but - oh, wonder of wonders - they have one. One of them chose to be the donor of the sperm which was injected into a woman who carried their child.

With no question - it took a man and a woman to create a child.  And, in both cases, no sex happened at all between the man and the woman.

15. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Marriage, its definition will change - the way society defines it, but it will stay as long as there are benefits derive from it, mostly economic and emotional dependency. Laws (mostly economic) can enable it to exist or die.

16. Ddraigcoch profile image74
    Ddraigcochposted 11 years ago

There are over 100 different species that can have members that are homosexual. These animals know nothing of YOUR god, thankfully neither do I, or indeed even some Christians who actually follow what they preach and show compassion and love.
    YOUR Bible was written by man, why should animals including us( we are animals) have to pertain to a group of men who wrote a book to keep rule of the world?

17. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Why do some people seem to think that homosexuality is "catching"?

lol lol

Willful ignorance? lol

18. Felixedet2000 profile image58

Marriage is not an action to be place under that category, listen Cagsil before you heat things up.Don;t belittle the meaning of marriage with funny definitions and logic is all i am stressing here.

Belittle? You're the one making the claim it's only one specific way, yet you belittle everyone else who disagrees with you.

And, people wonder why Christianity is a dying religion.

Btw- get over yourself dude. You're making yourself look awfully foolish, considering you don't half of what you're talking about.

19. Felixedet2000 profile image58

Cagsil, let us be careful with our words here, i don't want to go to that road with you.I don't want to view you as someone who is quick in name calling albeit logically.Let stay focus and agree to disagree. If you think i am making myself foolish, use your logic and allow others to resolve the puzzle by themselves because everyone is seeing these posts.
    A little bit of self control is all that you need.

Then maybe you shouldn't have opened your mouth.
      Name calling? Get real.
      No. Your inability to see where you step over your own individual authority must be addressed.
      Yes, I know. I've already pointed out your inability to understand your own life, much less understand what was written in a book 2000 years ago, which was deciphered by many people much smarter than you and probably more educated in life as well. However, your meaningless drivel is for everyone to witness.

I have self control and the fact that you're attempting to make the claim that I don't, is pathetic.

No you have little or no self control.Aren't those my opinion just like yours? I have countless issues with most of the things you have said, yet i kept my cool..Why can't you do same?

What right do you have in this world to use foul language and when you are notified your response lack substance all the more,Cagsil?

Like i said before, i will not in this life thread that path of foul abuses with you, hold you cheek.

Yet, another glaring skewed perception on your behalf. lol
          When I give out beliefs I will state that it's a belief. When I give an opinion I will state it's an opinion. Otherwise, quit making assumptions you obviously cannot wrap your mind around.
          Not do the same? You keeping "cool" is a joke. I am sure you have countless issues with my statements. It would be helpful if you were honest with yourself to begin with. But, alas I guess not.
          Foul language? If that was the cause I wouldn't be posting right now. So, apparently, your perception is yet skewed again.

I do suggest you fix your perception. Otherwise, it will get you into trouble. It is just a suggestion, most likely one you will dismiss due to ego, but that's okay. I am used to it.

20. handymanbill profile image76
    handymanbillposted 11 years ago

The only thing that i will say is I am sure the Attorneys are going to enjoy a booming business. Just think of all the new Divorce cases they will have. Then the courts will be even more backed up with cases for custody and support of adoptive "parents". Oh that's right Obama is an attorney. Bet the bar association is behind this deal too. Big money to be made here.

That's because same sex agenda is destroying the meaning and understanding of marriage with perversion.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

I prefer to think marriage equality is expanding the institution of marriage. Gay marriages have no discernible effect one way or the other on straight marriage. Unemployment and poverty are having significant effect.

''Unemployment and poverty ''are economic factors, marriage is an institution that is responsible for the well being of the whole society because everyone is from a family.
          even children in the motherless homes are. So your analogy doesn hold ground Ralph.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Unemployed men tend to be disinclined to get married and start a family. Of course, they are inclined to have sex as are single women. The frequent result: single mothers and neglected children. The fact that so many men have been sent to prison for minor drug possession or distribution offenses adds to the problem. Job applicants with felony convictions are the last to be hired.

Think about it! Try to beyond your simplistic evangelicalism.

+++++++ a multillion times!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Erratum: Try to GET beyond your simplistic evangelicalism.

21. smlbizmatters profile image63
    smlbizmattersposted 11 years ago

The institution of marriage is already"killed." There is no respect for it anymore. People dive into blindly and get out of it without a second thought. Who you are married to doesn't matter. What matters is what you believe and what YOU will do to uphold it. If you believe it's wrong that's your belief and if you believe it's right that's your belief. What really scares me the most is the intolerance on both sides of the fence. I think we are going to get in a large battle between civil rights and our first amendment rights (freedom of speech and religion). Because either way people have the right to speak there minds. This is such a touchy subject you almost can't say anything about it. There is ridicule for people for it and ridicule for people against it and by the looks of this thread we as a nation have a long way to go.

You can say the whole humanity Smlbizmatters, the whole world is in a perverse mindset.

Yes you you're one of the "special" people who gets it right...

The Lord will weed out the chaffs from the Harvest, they may think the have eternity for themselves, alas, they will all be destroy like with the fire of purification in due time.

... Whatever makes you feel better, dude.

Felix as the band plays ad infinitum.   People should love whom they choose regardless of sexual orientation.   That should be a total nonissue.

22. ocbill profile image54
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

Religion is dying even in Latin American countries. More people are non-denominational and/or not attending. The US is not a ground-breaker on this issue at all.  Since divorce rates are 50% and growing the significance or status is being killed anyway. And when the marriage IRS tax benefit goes way soon, it becomes even less desirable. What illegals really want to marry someone here now just to be a citizen. Not as many as before. So gays are on an agenda that is not so positive.

I am no judge in this but everyone should be happy during their life. Whatever ruling happens, large groups will be unhappy. US large corporations may experience backlash with contracts they need from overseas partners b/c of it...There are lots of variables to think over... It's a tough, tough issue to side for or against.  For the record, I've worked with, known,  and had clients who were gay. No friends per se, but I would not discriminate. Funny thing is, where they tend to mostly concentrate in the US, the property values are quite high and in nice neighborhoods. just a thought....hmmm?

1. smlbizmatters profile image63
      smlbizmattersposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think religion is dying. I think spirituality is become a more important part of it and with that comes tolerance. People have become more turned off but institutional structure and "rules" that they think don't apply to the world anymore. I embrace a lot of religions (Christianity, Buddhism, Muslim for example) because I believe that no one is wrong or right persay.

THANK YOU, VOICE OF REASON!

Not far from the truth also, spiritually is the part that stand every religion out. Albeit there are some religion that is silence on the spiritual reality though.

That's not too far from sighting the rising sun, as it set on the minds of a perilous and vile nations of the world. Those who oppose the word of God will most likely become some of the greatest evangelists that Christianity is yearning for.

23. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago
  24. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Those who feel their religious views are not adequately being reflected in our nation's laws are welcome to seek refuge in their church.
    Or go find/found a new country more to their narrowly religious way of thinking.
    This is America.
    It's 2012.
    The county is multi-ethnic, multi-racial, multi-spiritual and yes, multi-sexual.
    YET... The original Constitution still stands and still does not support your discrimination and intolerance.
    roll

+1

lol.

Great point, Mighty Mom.

25. handymanbill profile image76
    handymanbillposted 11 years ago

It won't ruin the marriage. But. may be a lot less population

This I would agree with.
      There's nothing on this planet to support this statement.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

That would be good.

26. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

Same sex marriage has been legal in many places for "a few years" as your title states, but heterosexual marriages there are not impacted in any way. Still the same number of successful and failed marriages as ever.

-- Netherlands 2001
    -- Belgium 2003
    -- Spain 2005
    -- South Africa 2006
    -- Norway 2009
    -- Sweden 2009

You probably don't know much about those countries, but many of them have extremely low crime rates, very stable families, and in general a much less fractured and violent society than ours. I have a good friend who organizes Christian Youth in Norway, and having visited her, I can tell you, the family values crew could learn something from the simple kindness, love and trust that seems to be the norm in families over there. Ditto for Iceland, according to my uncle who's gone there for work.

And of course, same-sex marriage has been legal since 2004 in Massachussetts. Did the world there come to an end? Nope. In fact, the divorce rate in Massachussetts has been the LOWEST anywhere in the U.S. since World War II from 2005-2009 (according to U.S. Bureau of Statistics, and that's the most recent figures reported).

Of course, those numbers are raised a bit by the long-term committed gays getting married; many of those marriages were recognizing relationships of 10 to 30 years, so their divorce rate is going to be low. Even so, you can hardly argue that it's caused a crisis in the institution of marriage, unless you want more divorces.

I was the photographer at my ex's wedding in 2004. She and her wife have been together now for 15 years. They're quiet, they own a home, they look after each other, they dote on  their goddaughter, they pay taxes. How on God's green earth is that going to hurt your marriage (you ARE married, right?) If your marriage is so weak that it can't survive because of a couple of middle-aged lesbians in Leominster, then YOU have a serious marriage problem; they don't!

Great post. It's interesting to note the order in which countries allowed women to vote in the 20th century; it follows a remarkably similar pattern to those legalizing marriage equality today.

Let's face it: some parts of the world are more evolved than others.

27. DoubleScorpion profile image78
    DoubleScorpionposted 11 years ago

With over a 50% Divorce rate...Not to mention the Adultery rate...I would say the institution of marriage is already screwed (pun intended)...It will die out on its own with no help from the GLBT community...Hell they can only get married in 5 states and DC in the USA...Which I find odd, because there is 13-15 States that will allowed you to marry your first cousin...Hmmm...

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of those 13-15 states how many of them have populations that like to play the banjo? smile

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
        DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile at least 3/4ths. LOL

I shudder to ask... Is WV among those states?

No...Marriage to cousins in WV is not legal.

These states allow marriage to a cousin of some sort...
            Alabama

Alaska

California

Colorado

Connecticut

District of Columbia

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina*

Rhode Island

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vermont

Virginia

First cousin marriage is allowed in these states under the following circumstances:

Arizona- if both are 65 or older, or one is unable to reproduce.

Illinois- if both are 50 or older, or one is unable to reproduce.

Indiana- if both are at least 65.

Maine- if couple obtains a physician's certificate of genetic counseling.

Utah- if both are 65 or older, or if both are 55 or older and one is unable to reproduce.

Wisconsin- if the woman is 55 or older, or one is unable to reproduce.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Alaska, Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C. allow first cousin marriages with no restrictions according to the bl,og post I found below.

http://www.11points.com/Dating-Sex/11_S … to_Loosest

smile So more than 15...at least 18, 19 if you count DC...

28. Peanutritious profile image60
    Peanutritiousposted 11 years ago

Insanity is believing your hallucinations are real. Religion is believing that other people's hallucinations are real.

+ a multillion times.

2. j-u-i-c-e profile image95
      j-u-i-c-eposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+ ∞

3. Felixedet2000 profile image58

Peanutitious, that definition of insanity is way out of it.
      Religion by your definition make you the only person in the whole world who think that is what it is.

Are you sincere to your conscience at all?

29. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6437894_f248.jpg

Thank you, enough said!

lol lol

30. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Felix, bless him, has quite a serious issue with this topic.  There are some people who are quite apprehensive of change and progress.   However, change and progress will occur with and/or without our so-called permissions and willingness of acceptance.   One just logically cannot apply past and older mores to present circumstances and situations.  Either one changes and grows or just atrophies into utter nothingness!  I hate to sound nihilistic here but this is the gospel truth!

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6661012_f260.jpg

One thing that they fail to understand is that we understand their psychology and ego whenever they get into argument with Christians, because we have been informed. so as it were, while we are speaking from an informed perspective, they on the other hand are reeling on the alter of ignorance, because that is where they are very comfortable.

They hate the truth and they will waste no time in insulting you for trying to shed some light into their dark path. Their heart inclination is evil and evil it will always be make no mistake about it.
      They are also ignorance, just like their father (Serpent).
      They think that everything starts and end here on earth, especially those who are new in the kingdom of darkness, they are the most violent.
      The old folks know better and while they will never reveal the truth to the new converts, perversity is the gem that keeps the wheel rolling. Perversion of nature is their lot for evermore.

Although we are in the world with them, we are not of this world like them.

31. Peanutritious profile image60
    Peanutritiousposted 11 years ago

Ha ha ha!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've been having the same sex for thirty years...hasn't killed my marriage yet...but we are doing it less often! Was that too much info?

32. carlarmes profile image68
    carlarmesposted 11 years ago

Yes it devalues marriage and the idea is rather a socially sick concept.
    Same sex couples should be recognized as a union of a kind for legal rights and social understanding as should people who live as a family unit such as brothers and sisters who live together for companionship and do not have legal protection incase one of them dies. We need an alternative to marriage, it might even get popular with normal couples who don't like the concept of marriage but want legal protection.

What...must haveta redo that joke...either that or you folks are a tough crowd. You'll be happy to know that my wife agrees. Common law across the board might work, if you insist on being anally uptight.

BS.
      More BS. Those who don't believe in a G/god can get married, regardless of same sex and it's NOT called a Union of some kind, but IS called Marriage.
      roll

Whats god got to do with it? Back off on the self medicating, there Cag.

Hey Druid, medication? I guess you enjoy pushing your own reflection. Don't forget to take your meds before you go to bed. lol

2. Druid Dude profile image61

What I'm saying is we should do away with marriage...everybody acts like they're holding the Holy Grail. You come together without chains, and go your own way without chains...and everybody is included.

Do away with marriage. Okay. I don't have a problem with that.
          Easy enough to do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)