Bubblews increasing redemption to $50 - does that burst your Bubble?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (179 posts)
  1. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

Starting this Saturday the new minimum for redemption will be $50.  That pretty much kills my already waning interest in the site.  The level of activity to get to $50 is more than daunting; it's depressing.  I might try to reach one more redemption before Saturday, and then let it be.

Unless Wrylilt's new formula proves to be sustainable...

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's no problem for me.  I have a sure fire way to achieve it every day.  If anyone wants to know how just read all my posts and I will eke out the information over a period of three hundred Bubbles.

To be honest I am sick and bloody tired of people selling "how to" secrets which deliver nothing.  From the moment I first logged onto HubPages - from the friending, Facebook cheating, SEO crap, garbage linking advice and endless stream of experts...

... through to every single sodding can't fail venture on the net.  The affiliates for CopyAnyArticle.com - the "I wrote a hub on that"...

... I am absolutely tired of it.  For Christ sakes give it a rest.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, in fact, I wrote a hub on that.

Lol and +1 etc.

2. Solaras profile image95
          Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!

3. Kathryn Stratford profile image89
          Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL. Too funny.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Pffffft Mark Ewbie.

You should know me better than that. I don't write 'get rich quick guides'. And I don't throw them out over a dozen articles. I only expect internal traffic at Bubblews from any guides I write, which I doubt will make me more than a few $$$.

But I am sick of seeing Hubbers insult the site, so I figured I'd write a full guide so I can empty my head into one place.

Sorry I was grouchy.  Didn't actually refer to you - it was a catch-all for... well you know.

Good luck with it.  Ironically - I have written some myself so... jeez.  There is no hope.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

big_smile I tried searching for them, but discovered that you had 500 something articles and fell asleep. Post a link on your Facebook page and I shall stalk it. I shall, however, not comment, seeing as I have self banned myself from Bubblews for 1 week. I have made $2 in the last 24 hours for doing nothing though, so I can't complain.

My method (written very simply and to the point) is over 600 word so far. Lets see if I can do a 1,000 word bubble. Maybe I should break it down into pieces. Naaaaah. Then I wont' make the FRONT PAGE! *Eyeroll*

....I think there was humor in there. Not sure. Sarcasm, wit and satire. Except I'm not very good at those. This is why you are the King!

3. davidlivermore profile image92
        davidlivermoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Aren't some of your hubs the same dribble you are insulting?

1. Will Apse profile image88
          Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I rather like Marks hubs. If you are going to say something like this I think you need to  be specific. Say which pages you think are dribble and why.

Otherwise, this just looks like a blatant and unwarranted personal attack.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
            Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just view Bubblews as quick money. I spend a little bit of time there when I think of a topic. It's very easy to write 50 characters, that's practically nothing. It's hard for me to say so little about anything! The night before last I reached $25 with 20 posts, in one week, just by posting 2 or 3 a day.

So far I have redeemed 4X, and it's slow, it takes about 2 weeks to get your money anyway. So if I continue on there, it's just the 20 or however many posts I need to make $25 in a week, but I have to do it twice. Since it takes 72 hours for them to get back to notify you they agree you are owed a redemption, (and I've waited five days once) another 5-7 days to clear the e-check from Bubblews to Paypal, and another 2-3 in your personal bank account, you may as well get $50.00.You wait that long for $25.00 I set my goal in the beginning, so I would only take one week to get the $25 payout, and will allow 2 weeks for $50.00.

Some of the writing is atrocious, and many are writing as if it is their personal diary. I don't believe anyone reads your posts, they skim them. If you read their comments, it's obvious they don't have a clue what you said. But I write in enough places to satisfy me creatively, and probably will continue on Bubblews. I read somewhere they are not new, they have been there for two years. This sounds right if you look at the number of connections some people have. Since I've got all my payments, there's no harm in it. It's fun. They aren't very open about rules, and don't reply to questions. But it raises one about why other sites have to let us wait until we build up so much material before we make money. I'm on two sites where I had to write 10 good articles to be accepted, not junk like I put on Bubblews. In this economy, I'll stay there while I write on my good sites. If it gets bad or there is one payment they don't pay me, I'm out of there.

2. Writer Fox profile image30
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol and +1 etc.

As much as he says he is tired of people giving their free advice, my guess is that if Wrylilt does write an article about how to make money on Bubblews that Mark will be the first one to read it.

Perhaps you would like to tell us which of Mark's hubs you think is poor quality.

1. Writer Fox profile image30
              Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

According to you, Bubblews is "low grade dribble." I guess that explains your opinion about the people who post there and why you like to comment on every thread about Bubblews and bring it up, even hijacking threads that aren't about Bubblews:.
              http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114804? … ost2510900

And I do recall that you told Mark "no one will read your post anyway."
              http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114804? … ost2510927

We are talking about 'Hubs' here. That is, pages on HP.

This is the post that you wholeheartedly endorsed:

'Aren't some of your hubs the same dribble you are insulting?'

So is anyone getting an apology for this particular mistake?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image62
      HattieMattieMaeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I quit writing on there after i figured out if you take everything off, your in the negative what you made. So if i was writing again i would have to write that negative back to positive before i made any money again. lol

1. lovebuglena profile image85
        lovebuglenaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

why remove things from there then. only write what you intend to keep.

3. quicksand profile image82
      quicksandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Where can I find that article by WryLilt? - smile

4. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I personally don't think raising the payout threshold decreases Bubblews credibility.  It puts them in line with other content sites.

I created an account at the site awhile back but it felt too much like a RedGage knock-off for me to stay.  I wrote five bubbles and observed.  Here's what I saw:

The site is out to make money for themselves.  I don't fault them for that, but are they really interested in their writers' financial gain or credibility?  It doesn't appear that way to me.  I think the creator of the site feels that if you are poor or desperate for cash you will keep writing.

The hourly pay on the site is atrocious.  The lack of permanent revenue per post makes each bubble pretty much a one-time deal.  The self-promotion by writers within the site is amateur and overwhelming.

My take:  the developer of the site will look to improve site credibility.  Payouts will probably become more reliable for people that don't break rules.  Rules will become more defined and eventually will limit on-site self-promotion.  What writers there will be left with is an insignificant amount of organic traffic.  A decrease from the .01 per like/comment will likely be reduced at some point.

It's hard for anyone to look at the facts and likelihoods and recommend the site to anyone.  I'm concerned about the exploitation of writers anywhere so I hope the word on Bubblews gets out:  you should lower your expectations of what they're offering; your time and words are much more valuable than $0.50/hr or less.

If you genuinely enjoy the site (as people enjoy FB) then all's well.  If you're hooked on making payouts there, you might want to rethink that philosophy.

5. Sue Bailey profile image67
      Sue Baileyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It burst my bubble when they failed to pay me for absolutely no reason and then didn't have the courtesy to reply to my enquiries.  I haven't been there for quite a while but I might pop over now and check whether I have built up enough to redeem.  That would be unlikely since they have increased the redemption amount to $50 but it will be interesting to see if I get paid this time.

6. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am sure it will take some time but whatever....Let it accumulate.

2. Pop Culture World profile image80
    Pop Culture Worldposted 10 years ago

Bubblews overwhelms me. Something about the layout and trying to respond in kind to hundreds of people's bubbles.

But to the OP, yes, I find the doubled minimum payout obnoxious.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly how I felt.

3. profile image61
    Daytime Divasposted 10 years ago

If the glass is half full, Bubblews raising its redemption limit means they are reducing the administrative load (higher redemption threshold means less redemptions daily) and they can spend the spare time focusing on the backlog of unpaid redemptions - or pending redemptions as they now seem to call them.

On the glass half empty side....well I think we can all figure that one out.

they should have left the redemption min at $25 and worked on automating the payments...

4. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

They say that they are doubling it to improve communication.  They don't want to hire more staffers, so they will free up the existing staff's time by giving them half as much to approve.

I can stand to lose $25 or so dollars on a failed redemption, but $50 would really irritate me.  I don't trust the site after a number of folks have been denied payment that broke no rules and offering zero communication to date regarding failed payments.

I wonder if this change indicates that they will not be paying redemptions twice as often or will fail to pay their obligations half as much.

2. lovebuglena profile image85

I doubt those that didn't get paid didn't break the rules. I haven't broke any rules and I got paid three times already.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

That was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm surprised that it took them this long.

6. Kathryn Stratford profile image89
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

I was surprised and a little disappointed, but it is still relatively easy money. Although I don't go crazy writing posts every day, so it will take me a while to make $50. I figured it would happen eventually. It is probably easier for them to deal with fewer redemptions.

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

Darn it.  I've been playing around on Bubblews, even though I know I shouldn't waste my time on it.  I still had a few old articles to get rid of, and I reckoned I might just have enough to get a second payout from them.

Now I probably won't - I'm on around $20 and I doubt I can raise another $6 before Saturday.

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can make a quick 10-15c per post by clicking the social media buttons + a couple of extra ones. At your own risk of course.

Evidently commenting on your own posts will make a penny per reply as well. That is how it is working on my bubbles. No one has been able to confirm that that is a rule though.

I can see how comments on your own posts would be frowned upon other than replies, but social posting should be OK. IMO

Yes, but you can only share each article once without creating issues for yourself.  Some people were sharing the same article multiple times for multiple pennies, and that got them in trouble.

I meant once per social media site per post.

I wanted to cash out this month but now with the raise to $50 I won't be able to do it. sad

8. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

What I don't like is how quickly I am getting "likes" from people at Bubblews. They couldn't have possibly read my post that quickly. They just want a "like" back. I find this kind of insulting.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I didn't like that either. lol... Im just jumping on everyone's band wagon.

I've noticed that as well. I can have one person like 5 of my posts instantly. That tells me that they haven't actually read the posts. What also bugs me is that some people write a comment on my profile how they've enjoyed reading my posts when I don't get a single notification that they liked and/or commented on any of the posts. I guess they just saying that so I go and read their stuff.

3. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I find it insulting, too. Liking without reading. Bubblers who wrote on my profile page just to let me know they are there. They just wanted me to click on their bubbles. No way! I have learned a lot from those kind of people.

9. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Official message from Arvind about the changes: http://www.bubblews.com/news/1785859-bu … dress-2013

Good grief...

352 likes

Only 6 dislikes (from 'the soon to be disappeared')

Also, I am sure the bubbler death star will make a pass over janderson99 in the next couple of weeks...

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are in good form today. lol

10. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

Just to be a little negative. The $50 threshold increases the 'sucker' pay as authors may earn twice as much before discovering they won't be paid. Sad but true. Someone who may stop at $25, may now have to get to $50 before testing if they will get their earnings.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Exactly spot on.

2. profile image0
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As I have only just begun my freelance writing career, I have been focusing my UGC site efforts solely on HP.  But, I have been interested to read the comments from other Hubbers who also do work for sites such as Bubblews, Squidoo, etc., for the future.  However, regarding the comments concerning Bubblews on this thread, it almost sounds as though you are describing a Ponzi Scheme:

Writers ("investors") sink content ("money") into Bubblews ("hedge fund"), and this content generates posts from newer writers, which in turn generates reciprocal posts from the original writers — but, the only way to earn on the site is by posting on other writers' content, correct?  The pool of available content to "post on" must continually be replenished by new writers ("investors").  And if user sign-ups/productivity decreases drastically over time, while regular hikes to pay-out thresholds are simultaneously enforced, then the only people who end up earning are those at the very top of the pyramid (the site admins) before the model collapses on itself. 

Have I misunderstood?

11. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I'm almost at the $50 threshold, and I haven't written a Bubble in ages. I've just not had the time to spare to spend on the site this past couple of months and the money is just piling up every day. Sigh!

Put that pile in the bank!

I have been a strong supporter of Bubblews and have done well there...all redemptions have been paid (so far), etc.  However, this change opened my eyes to the fact that Bubblews is literally violating the US Labor Laws by refusing payment to writers the way it is doing so.  I wrote a hub about this last night if you wish to take a look, but basically what I am seeing is that someone can write, say 10 articles and have an accidental rule violation on one and Bubblews will pay them nothing for any of the articles in that same group.  Yet, they are earning money on those articles.  There are people filing lawsuits about this and if they ever get to court, Bubblews is going to have a really big problem.  They need to devise a more reasonable and fair payment system and then pay people for their work!

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't see a legal violation here.

Writers are not employees, so it becomes a matter of contract law, not labor.  I haven't read the bubblews TOS, but assume an account can be canceled at any time, just as it can here.  And probably says that any built up income will be lost as a result.

If so, then there would seem to be nothing illegal, unless the reasons for cancelling were untrue.  Remember, bubblews isn't paying for work, it is buying a product.  Much different from a legal standpoint.

BB is neither 'paying for work, nor is it buying a product' It is a shared revenue model like on HP.

Some quotes from the site:

'We split the ad revenue we make off each post with the author 50/50. You will get paid for every view, comment, like/dislike and social media share that your posts gather.'

'We have the right to remove (and not pay out) any account that partakes in the conduct listed below (the 8 Commandments).'

BUT BB simply does not pay claims and allows writers to keep writing. One rule broken on one post means that the entire claim for payment is forfeited (25 posts; $25) with no notice provided until recently. The non-payment appears to be random, and without reason, in many cases - no rules broken, with all sorts of speculation about the reasons (week-ends, server problems, no staff, high back-load, be patient). Writers have no way of knowing if their non-payments are due to breaking the rules, some site problem or very long delays. Queries go unanswered ('be patient'). Many writers say they get 50% of their redemptions paid, when they make no changes to what they do. If you know who to contact, and the use the 'right' mode, you can get decisions about delayed payments reversed, with apologies to say the 'it won't happen again'.

BB obviously benefits hugely from the earnings of 'rule-breakers' or legitimate legal posts for which payments have been 'delayed'. The increase to $50 will greatly boost this income. The requirement that writers have to submit a claim for redemption lies at the heart of their payment 'problems', and their profitability based on the 'failures' in their system.

There are a couple of doosies of hidden ways to break rules without knowing it.

=> copying any part of the site as an image and posting it within a post on BB (intellectual property violation) and using 'bubblews' as part of a username.

=> requesting someone 'connect back' or implying that they would like to connect back. This may even apply to posting a comment that you have connected on someone's profile (hint, hint)

=> various accidental 'bad company' association with 'like' exchange groups etc.

With so many hidden ways of 'breaking the rules', it would be very tough to claim, in a legal sense, that they have not paid what you are owed. Just perfect, really, 'Thanks for your patience' !

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
                Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I"m in trouble. I post "connected" when I connect to someone, even if they have already connected with me.

Sorry, I am not absolutely sure about this, but asking someone to 'connect back' is definitely frowned upon. Who knows? That is the point really - hidden rule interpretations. It is such a gray area. The religion cogitations are staggering!!

2. WriteAngled profile image74
                  WriteAngledposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I guarantee that I will not connect to anyone who posts "connected" on my profile. I only connect to people whom I find interesting. At the moment, I have less than 300 connections and ignore 10+ new ones every day.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Janderson99   Not paying is not paying.  I can understand not paying for articles that are violations, but when they are grouped with articles that are NOT violations and those are not paid for, then you do  have a legal issue.

2. wilderness profile image94

I see.  I had assumed from various comments that bubblews owned the content you wrote after you publish there - that you cannot remove it.

My mistake, then, and they are not buying.  I'm not sure if they are renting, legally, or not.  You provide content for their use while retaining ownership yourself; is that not renting?

Yes, it sounds like a slick setup.  Dirty, unethical but legal.

You CAN remove your work, but when you do, every cent they paid you for it is also removed, despite the fact that they have already earned their part from your work.

That's what I said, isn't it?  That I erred in thinking bubblews owned the content you put there.

And yes it's dirty, but it also seems quite legal.

2. Dale Hyde profile image79
              Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I fully agree with this description and have attempted to share it with others elsewhere, but people get rather hateful, lol.

So far I have made decent earnings there.  The redemption change is part of the site growing and maturing and as mentioned to free up the staff to deal with other issues.  Should they increase staff at this point our earnings would drop to pay for the staff.

As for the redemption increase burst my Bubble?....it has absolutely no impact on me. smile

Wilderness  You make a good point, but I disagree.  Bubblews IS paying for work...what do you call all of those posts?  Do you think people would continue to write there if the team said "OK...now we're going to stop paying you?".  I doubt it.  There is a contractual agreement here, and Bubblews is basically breaching the contract.  You produce posts and we'll pay you...but in many cases, they are not paying but they still are making money from the efforts of their writers.

OK - what is the hourly rate?  Or is it by the piece produced that then belongs to bubblews?  What are the hours required that people work, and what are the requirements for being hired.  Paying for work is an employee/employer relationship, which is simply not there.

There IS, however, a contract - one that plainly says you can be "fired" for any of several reasons, whereupon you will not be paid for previous posts.  A contract that you accepted when you joined, but now think is unfair and you don't like. 

I'm sorry, but the law does not allow you to make that kind of call - it requires an agreement of both you and bubblews to make changes to your contract, and you are highly unlikely to get them to agree.  You must now decide if you wish to continue under the same contract or leave; you cannot unilaterally make changes to a contract you agreed to.  Remember, bubblews did not say "You produce posts and we'll pay you" (from your post), they said "You produce posts and we'll pay you IF you don't give us any reason to terminate the contract".  There is a very major difference between those two statements.

Bubblews is witholding payments most often from brown-skinned countries. I think that is a little more significant than the fact that they may or may not be violating some sort of contract.

1. WriteAngled profile image74

It is valid to ask, though, whether the people not getting paid have gone against the rules. Is it irrelevant to note that Adsense is also stricter vis a vis certain countries?

Yes, I agree with you on Adsense, but in Bubblews case they appear to be witholding redemptions even without TOS violations.
                      I can attest to this, personally. I cannot say the other accounts do not have TOS violations, as this is just an impression I have when looking at other accounts.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74

I've heard of a lot of US white citizens that haven't been paid though too. Different people say that they have unwritten rules. One of them is not to say anything negative about them that can be found on other sites.

Write Your World. Speak Freely. Join the movement. The time of not sharing revenue with the very people who create your content is OVER! BB

2. DrMark1961 profile image97

It may be occurring with US citizens just as often, and since I do not have the actual numbers I can only say it is a subjective impression.
                      I was never as negative as the site as I am now. I really wish I could think of something more negative to say!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Wilderness:  Yes, but we are not talking about termination here.  We are talking about nonpayment for services rendered.  Writers basically work as subcontractors and when they provide work that is acceptable, the other party to the contract is supposed to pay them...not refuse to pay for ALL work simply because one portion is unacceptable.  THAT is the difference here.

No, writers are not a subcontractor, either.  This is strictly contract law, and the contract is pretty plain that if you violate any of 8 different clauses you will lose all pay.  Your are NOT supposed to be paid for ANY work if those clauses are violated - that's what the contract says.

You agreed to that when you published and cannot change the contract now.  Which is why it is legal - you are confusing ethics with law.  What they are doing doesn't sound very ethical to me, but it IS legal.

&wilderness   I was not aware that this was in the contract, but it does not matter.  I am finished with them now that I realize what they are up to.  I'm a slow learner, I guess.  They have never done anything to harm me, but I do not want to write for a site that cheats people ... and that, basically is what they are doing.  I have noticed increasing numbers of third world country writers on that site lately, and I feel for them because they really need the money they can earn.

4. Solaras profile image95

Here's a thought, if this is part of their business model - to randomly not pay contributors for their contributions for failing to follow unspoken rules or vague interpretations of rules- then it might constitute a pattern of racketeering.  A class action lawsuit claiming RICO would produce treble damages from the court.  It's not considered cricket to cheat thousands of people as a pattern of doing business.

In a way it's not right to not get paid at all when the violation occurs on only one post out of the many published for the certain redemption. But people  should make sure they don't violate the rules.

lovebuglena   I would agree except for one thing...there are unspoken rules which writers cannot possibly know about.  For instance, if you accidentally connect with someone who is in a group that is cheating with comments, etc...you can be banned!  This, even though you may have had no idea about what was going on.  Also, if you do one thing wrong, why should everything you write be penalized?

3. Sherry Hewins profile image93
            Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Google does it all the time. They disable people's accounts because of "suspicious activity."

Wow! How can earnings pile up if you not active on there?

1. Dale Hyde profile image79
          Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

On 10/31/2013 I started the process of moving to a new location and my earnings kept building as well while I was inactive on the site.  Still I can miss several days without site activity and go in and see that my earnings have increased.

This could be from internal searches, however I attribute most of that traffic to Google as all my material is sitting there on Google. smile

lovebuglena   There are some residuals there for awhile, and so the earnings can keep coming in.  I doubt they go on forever, though.

lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

I was about to start a forum thread about this. You beat me to it lol. It takes me about a month or just a little over to get the $25 so now to get $50 will take even longer. I hate that they did this. They said that it will give staff more time to review and process everything. I don't think so. Very disappointed. It takes a great deal of work just to get the $25. Will be even more work to get to $50 and now I won't be able to cashout every month. sad

1. Barbara Kay profile image74

+1

3. Dawn Denmar1 profile image68
      Dawn Denmar1posted 10 years ago

I posted a comment in a hub about this change.... but maybe I will be kicked off HubPages now for promoting my hub? In all honesty after just reading one of Adrienne's post is Bubblews worth the hassle. She says she spends six to eight hours reading, liking commenting in order to earn $25 per day. She refers to Mark Ewbie in her post a couple of times...... I've had two redemptions off the site. And I took about three weeks out and went back to find around $5 sitting in the account which was ok, but from a residuals point of view it is hit and miss.

Over the past few years I've been spending time working for payments rather than residuals because they slumped so badly. I tried textbroker uk and copyify in the uk and cloudcrowd. People on these sites regularly earn in excess of $25 per day for six or eight hours work. The work can be hard. It's demotivating when it's rejected and sometimes seemingly for no reason when it is peer review on cloudcrowd. End of day I get money in paypal on a regular basis. I'm testing out the waters on residuals once more - here and one or two other sites. Plus setting up a couple of websites. I know it is a long term venture but any freelancer that wants cash in paypal should be looking at work that's paid for upfront as well as residuals, is my opinion. Demand is hard but worth it when the articles are accepted but only accepts writers from US/UK/Canada and Australia I think, though I see they are now setting up Spanish, German and Brazil sites so not sure how much more they plan to expand.

Just two cents on the bubble and others.......

am giving up capitals as it is too much hassle to press shift lock in forums

Sorry for taking the thread slightly off topic but hope you understand that it is just my perspective on freelancing and earnings.

Thanks for reading....

1. WriteAngled profile image74

I spend maybe half an hour a day, and that not even every day, on the site. The $25 I earn every month or so is money for nothing. I would otherwise probably spend the time writing similar posts and comments on Facebook for no money whatsoever. So I see Bubblews as money for no effort at all, which cannot be bad regardless of the actual amount earned.

I would not dream of spending 8 hours a day to earn $25 LOL!!! That is less than 30 minutes work translating/reviewing translations.

Thanks for sharing Dawn!

4. janderson99 profile image54

I am doing a weird experiment.

My payments in early October were delayed. I emailed many times and got the stock 'be patient, give us time' reply. Then a few days ago someone suggested a magical formula for 'one last try' to support'. It may be A.

Magically it worked and my payments were completed, with the email response 'sorry, it won't happen again' WOW!

I had deleted many of my posts and by bank was all negatives including -$xxx. -views etc. But I still got paid!

As an experiment, I have started posting again from another site that has fallen over, and got my bank back, into the black, again.

I am desperately trying the reach the $25 cutoff before Saturday, to see whether I am indeed in the 'good books' again.

As the famous Australian bush ranger said before being hanged.

'Such is Life'.

5. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

I'm not on the site and don't like the site.  It looks annoying and appears to be run by amateurs or snakes.  Of course they're going to make some of their payouts.  The thought of making money for people like that is not my cup of tea. I have nothing against any hubber who writes there,  I'm simply expressing an opinion.  I'm sure at some point, the bubble is going to burst.

6. Dawn Denmar1 profile image68
      Dawn Denmar1posted 10 years ago

I think growing problems are the main area of concern on Bubblews. I would doubt very much whether the comment about deletions and non payments being racially motivated is accurate because Arvind is an Indian name so I imagine the site owner is half Indian, he's already said he's half Polish. His posts seem very philosophical and deep and he seems to want to create a social network and not an earnings network. It may be that the problem faced by most members is that they perceive it to be an earnings model and so rush to generate ten posts and dollar income. Many members have posted earnings screenshots and income detail on their bubbles if the site is going to crack down on this aspect then I expect there will be a lot more deletions at $50.

I found when I made my first redeem request that a couple of emails to support telling them what I had done retrospectively - adding image attributions and going back to amend what may have been rule violations - meant that my first payment went through within about five days or so. My second redeem was dealt with in a couple of days.

As commented above, if it's used as a social network and "breather" for reading, posting, commenting, etc it makes a welcome break in any day's work. Some of the posts are interesting. It's great to read personal perspectives on weather in the Philippines or India, China whatever and there are some great recipe postings that members have put up. Plus personal musings from some people I follow are in depth and even thought provoking.

The site has a lot of very young members and some sweet romances they write about too! smile

It's still growing strong worldwide though I see the figures for the States have dropped a little over past few months but more than made up for by other countries.

I think it will be interesting to see where they go in 2014 as if they do develop something different for participants. I'm really not sure how they generate their income. As writers we are educated strictly in non advert clicking but it seems bubblews members should be clicking on them to generate income, unless the payments are generated purely by pervasive type advertising and mega numbers with the adverts supposed to drill down into our subconscious - urmmmmm I think I am getting a little deep on this one, so will stop here....

To me, as a newbie poster on Hubpages the model here is more sustainable and I am seeing encouraging signs of increasing revenues which makes me think this will be a great site to work for longer term. It takes effort to build a portfolio of work and is so heartbreaking when it's "slapped" by Google or other search engines in Panda updates or whatever. So it is a case of watch and wait I think. I am continuing in my slow way on Bubblews and guess I will make next redemption in Jan or Feb.  I suppose the people who have been redeeming $25 a day will be ok about redeeming every two days rather than every day.................

You sound like another of the "apologists". Unfortunately, they have existed throughout history. I have heard the "growing pains" excuse before, but that is no excuse for unprofessionalism.
        it does not happen as nicely as you put it. You cannot explain things to Bubblews when there are no TOS violations, and there is nothing to explain; for some reason they are witholding redemptions. That is a form of theft.

1. Dawn Denmar1 profile image68
          Dawn Denmar1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Before I started posting with them I searched them and read a lot of stuff about them being a "scam" site and withholding payments. I took a chance,made some mistakes and corrected them afterwards as I said above. What motivated me to write there was the story A posted about a writer from the Philippines who'd never owned a refrigerator and managed to buy one with Bubblews earnings.

I can only speak from my experience which has been quite good but have to say as an earnings model I am not interested in pursuing work on this site. It is very demotivating to read some of the posts on there and although some non-native English speakers do put some great ideas and stories down it is difficult to understand these at times but I do try with a couple of my connections as they seem to be creative thinkers/writers.

As freelancers we experience this "theft" from many of the sites we frequent I believe. I have seen a few new sites come on the internet over the past few years and read writers enthusiasm about pay rates and opportunities only to watch the sites crash, delete accounts and hold onto content, which they continue to earn on to this day. It seems to me that Bubblews may not do that ---- at the end of the day a lot of the content is so personal and trivial that there's hardly any likelihood it will generate income for the site owners. As Will Apse posts below it is slightly puzzling where this site is going/plans to go and how the income will continue to be perpetuated in the long term. I can only assume that Arvind intends every single person in the world to become a bubbler in much the same way everybody nowadays seems to be on Facebook and the advertising revenue the bubblers get keeps them on board and creates a mesmerized population like in the novel 1984 with subliminal ads and captcha adverts that get inside our brains and turn us into the automatons so loved by billionaire capitalists of this world, who pay us peanuts while they lounge about in casinos and strip joints!

2. Sherry Hewins profile image93

Dawn Denmar1 - I pretty much agree with your observations about Bubblews. My experience there has been good, and I am not worried about the higher payout minimum.

7. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 10 years ago

I reckon the advertisers who are being ripped off as much as users. According to Alexa about 13 percent of visitors are from google.com, 6 percent from FB.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bubblews.com

(Alexa is probably accurate enough for this level of discussion.)

So around 70 per cent of visitors are bubblers (lets face it, some of the poorest of net citizens). Yet, somehow Bubblews contrives to pay very high ad rates.

Either a lot of capital is still being pumped in or the advertisers have no idea how their money is being wasted.

Supposedly on there we get paid for every view, comment, like, and share... that must mean they earn ad revenue non-stop and lots of it. Otherwise, how would they pay all of us. But that seems too good to be true as here at HP we don't earn ad revenue from our hubs non-stop and lots of it for that matter.

8. Carola Finch profile image93
      Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

Although I was looking forward to a redeem soon with $20 in the "bank," I think that the change will be positive.  People will be paid a lot faster with the new PayPal system and hopefully there will be a lot less problems.  By the way, am getting my first payout from Hubpages this month after being here since March - whoohoo!

Cool beans!!!! I got a long way to go on HP yet.....

what new paypal system?

9. janderson99 profile image54

I think that some sort of legal action has been effective in pulling them into line. The unpaid still wait though. See this:

http://www.wotheheck.com/blubby.jpg

Sounds like it was written by a guy on the run from somewhere.

And if you actually believe that bubblews returns advertising money received for placing an ad on an article belonging to someone that was canceled, I have a bridge I'd like you to take a look at...

I think they keep the money....

This is all well and good, but such terms are borderline unethical to writers.  Do you really think people read those Terms of Service?  I do not, and Bubblews is pretty sure that most people don't.

I see nothing here that shows that Bubblews has changed.  They are still "promising" but they are not "doing".  Furthermore, even a murderer has the right to face his accusers...there is something wrong with taking money away from people who feel they have earned it and not telling them why or giving them an opportunity to make corrections.  They say they return the money, but they return it to advertisers, not writers.  Where is the verification of this?
        I have no problem with a company protecting itself from liability, but they take ALL of a writers redemption away, not just that part that somehow broke their rules.  Sorry, I'm not buying this.

If you don't bother to read the contract that you agree to be paid under, you have no reason to gripe about anything they do under that contract.

wilderness  I knew you would say that, but think about this:  Many of the writers on that site are second language speakers of English, and many come from very poor countries and do not understand legalities.  Furthermore, whether people read a contract or not, what is in it is supposed to be fair and ethical, not underhanded and sneaky.

You get no arguments from me about it being sneaky and underhanded.

But that does not change that if you can't be bothered to read and understand the contract that you have no reason to gripe when it isn't what you think it should be.  And whether you understand English or not is irrelevant; if you don't know what you're agreeing to, don't agree.  You have the responsibility to protect yourself in at least that tiny amount - read the contract - and no one else.  Just you.

2. wordscribe43 profile image92
              wordscribe43posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's SPOT ON...  I have no doubt quite a few of the ESL speakers can't understand what's in the contract.  It's confusing for those of us who are native speakers.

2. PhoenixV profile image64
            PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

That should be obvious; what is not stated is not enforceable.  If it doesn't say you will be paid, then count on not being paid, for instance.

Wilderness   Everything you say is spot on, no question.  However BOTH parties to a contract have responsibilities, and on both sides ethical behavior is an unwritten given.  Contracts that promote usury, when challenged in a court of law, can be deemed illegal...and that's what this type of contract, to a certain extent, is.  It will be interesting to see what comes of all this, but I suspect that this could get very messy.  I think Bubblews would have been wise to not open up this latest can of worms because it looks like it will come back to bite them!

3. Solaras profile image95

What an arrogant and illiterate piece of cr@p that support post is.  No attorney had anything to do with the crafting of that message to the disaffected users.

They congratulate themselves on not needing to communicate with violators as to what exactly their violations are. Yet, they simply don't communicate at all, so how is one to know if he is a violator or a good user, patiently waiting for payment. 

Having heard so many negative things about them before signing up, I did read their TOU carefully before clicking acceptance.  As noted above, there are secret transgressions that will forfeit your money. It is not a matter of the TOU being vague, it is a matter of them changing their terms without updating their Terms in writing. 

I am curious what spurred them to make that post.  Has their been a recent outcry from the unpaid writers?

Better yet, I googled the above post to find it on BB's site, and as a result of finding it through Google, I flagged the post as inappropriate. LOL

Just another one of their known glitches...

4. Barbara Kay profile image74

I like the term "Too Vague." They know that it is too vague. That bothers me. I'm working on my 3rd payout with $12 earnings towards it  right now. $50 is a long way to go.

Exactly they wanted to give themselves wiggle room should they need to make up for a shortfall in cash flow out of the writer's pockets.

10. janderson99 profile image54

It still leaves a huge pile of members in 'LIMBO' waiting for 'bubbles' to decide their fate, meanwhile the site keeps their money and claims all sorts of reasons why they have not got around to paying members. So members have to accept the vagueness of the TOU and it's consequences. 'Bubbles' decides whether you have sinned or not. Everyone in 'LIMBO' has a trap door under them which can open at any time and send them to hell. There is no warning, no correspondence. Meanwhile, the pile of money 'bubbles' keeps in trust must be huge and they can use it in any way they like. Nothing has changed really, the GOOD, BAD and UGLY pile up in 'LIMBO'. Their promises to fix the 'problems' are hollow. The GOOD still await payment. The BAD still wait for their money to be returned(?). 'Bubbles' like Scrooge McDuck bathes in $$$ with time on his side. What's next the 'confessional booth'. + get paid for sinning.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8576167_f248.jpg

Its sorta like a Ponzi scheme run by a Apple II with part time staff and a vague set of rules that takes months to be applied. Time is money.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image54
      prettydarkhorseposted 10 years ago

Do they have partners in financing it - where do the start up capital came from?

1. Jason Marovich profile image87
        Jason Marovichposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Avind Dixit is one of four co-founders of Bubblews.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image54
          prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Perhaps they are just testing if people will stay on that social site even if they are not being paid?

Maybe the rules which are not clear are between the advertisers and them that is why they are not clearly written and enumerated one by one and shared with the writers there.

Just my thoughts from reading all the posts here.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image93

I really do not have any trouble understanding the rules at Bubblews. For the people that do, you need to read the TOS as well as the 8 rules on the bank page.

Are you implying by that comment that those people that have been ripped off by the liars and thieves who run Bubblews are not able to understand the rules?

12. Rfordin profile image80
      Rfordinposted 10 years ago

I have fun over there. I look at it is an investment on my part. Here I had to wait a year to see a $50.00 payout - with oddles and oodles of work (not as much as some of you) but still tons of words, research, and time invested.

That said I joined over there in August - got "serious" about it in November and have cashed out 5 times with no problems. So the semi-instant revenue for me has been a better motivator. It calls for less time invested and it's more my speed - blogging instead of informing.

To each their own. I still come over here sometimes and like that my articles here continue to earn whereas over there my daily ramblings seem to fall into a black hole only to be breathed new life by myself should I choose. Both sites are a necessary evil in my book.

1. profile image0
        Grey Templesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1 I have had no problems in getting paid and make a good living there.  It is not political like HP can be.  If people have not been paid it is because they broke a rule and some countries do not have paypal so they wait for a check or redeem their pay for purchases online.  Nice passive income for me.

No, it is not because people are not following rules. Bubblews also chooses to not pay when they are not in the mood to pay.
          When you regurgitate these lies you only prove to us that you are not thinking things through. I look forward to the next time Bubblews fails to pay you too, and then maybe you will realize how mistaken this statement really is.

Do you know the definition of the word "libel"?

Sometimes, particularly when speaking of others, it pays to keep a close watch on what we're saying...

Thanks, wilderness, but wouldn´t they have to prove libel? Since they are accepting posts, and then not paying for them as they agreed in their TOS, that is theft.

Not a lawyer, but can you back up, with facts, that they don't pay when they are simply not in the mood to?

When you stand before the judge, can you prove with a preponderance of the evidence they are not following their TOS?  In enough cases to eliminate simple, excusable error and make it just a capricious "mood" thing?

Because no, I don't think they have to prove your statement about mood is false; you have to prove it is true.

BB would need to bring the libel suit against the good DR, not the other way around. In order to win that suit, they would have to demonstrate how he broke the rules for each and every redemption they declined to pay him.  If they cannot demonstrate where he broke the rules as they are written, then he has the best defense against libel, which is that he has spoken the truth, and they are thieves and liars...

That would be incorrect.  Mark did not reference ONLY his own payments but those to many, many others when he stated that bubblews pays only when they are in the mood to do so, regardless of what the TOS says.

Mark would have to prove his statement to be true, not the other way around.

2. DrMark1961 profile image97

Not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I think the last thing they would want is some judge in the US tramping around in their books. I think Bubblews is going to do everything in their power to stay out of the courtroom.

Absolutely lol. It would cost them a fortune to gain nothing.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
                    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't see anyone taking them to a courtroom. 

Bubblews wouldn't be the first rev-sharing site to upset its members - there is always a lot of sound and fury but the amount of money involved, at an individual level, just isn't enough to make a courtroom battle financially viable. 

Personally I don't think there's any conspiracy.   I suspect their "staff' are work-at-home contractors (equivalent to the MTurkers here).

We all know how imperfect the MTurk process can be, even with all the quality controls - so assuming Bubblews has just hired people and sent them a list of rules to follow, we shouldn't be surprised if their results are wildly variable.   They may be on piece work (which means there's an incentive to rush), and even if they're not, they're probably overwhelmed with work.

The only way the little users would get any satisfaction would be through a class action lawsuit.  Even then they only real winners are the attorneys, the users would get a fraction of the small potatoes due to them.

2. janderson99 profile image54

The delay and poor communication is a classic tactic that avoids legal action. There is a list of offenders on the site (listed by support2) but many more are waiting for a response to emails about their payments and only get a 'Please be patient' message. Classic tactic blame lack of staff, and server crashes etc.

3. wilderness profile image94

Certainly your choice to speak as you wish.  I highly doubt they would ever complain (partly because they would have to prove monetary loss), and if you wish to take the risk it is your choice.  I merely mention the possible outcome of making statements you cannot prove to be true.

Okay, how about this one: I think that increasing the payout to $50 was just a scam by Bubblews staff to get a lot of people to cash out at the same time. I don´t think they do not intend on paying any of them. If anyone complains, they will just say "sorry but we had a massive number of redemptions to file that weekend and are late in making our payments. Please be patient."
                      It has now been several days. If ANYONE who asked for a redemption from that site has been paid, please tell me I am wrong.

13. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years ago

drib·ble  (drbl)
      v. drib·bled, drib·bling, drib·bles
      v.intr.
      1. To flow or fall in drops or an unsteady stream; trickle: Water dribbled from the leaky faucet.
      2. To let saliva drip from the mouth; drool.
      3. Sports
      a. To dribble a ball or puck.
      b. To advance by dribbling: dribbled down the court.
      v.tr.
      1. To let flow or fall in drops or an unsteady stream.
      2. Sports
      a. To move (a ball or puck) by repeated light bounces or kicks, as in basketball or soccer.
      b. To hit (a baseball, for example) so that it bounces slowly.
      n.
      1. A weak, unsteady stream; a trickle.
      2. A small quantity; a bit.
      3. Sports The act of dribbling a ball.

driv·el  (drvl)
      v. driv·eled or driv·elled, driv·el·ing or driv·el·ling, driv·els
      v.intr.
      1. To slobber; drool.
      2. To flow like spittle or saliva.
      3. To talk stupidly or childishly.
      v.tr.
      1. To allow to flow from the mouth.
      2. To say (something) stupidly.
      n.
      1. Saliva flowing from the mouth.
      2. Stupid or senseless talk.

14. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 10 years ago

When I heard the the payout was going up I only had a few cents to make it to $25.00 so as soon as it got there I hit redeem. I knew it would take me forever to get to $50.00.
      I got paid my $25.00 so now I'll just work at my own pace to hit the next payout.

15. profile image0
      Ritesh Nisharposted 10 years ago

Who cares? $50 or $25. They are scam and left it long back. HP is rather a better platform . Concentrate on your work here.

16. Martin VK profile image60
      Martin VKposted 10 years ago

I've tried Bubblews and I got my first redemption ($25) in 5 days or so. This included alot of liking, commenting and connecting. I felt like the quality of the site was so horrible, yet I kept playing their game and wrote quick posts until suddenly I thought it wasn't worth the time. Quality content will not be appreciated over there. The more your post seems like it has been written by a 5-year-old, the more money you will earn. This is my impression atleast.

17. Shadow Jackson profile image65
      Shadow Jacksonposted 10 years ago

MY prediction is that the honeymoon period for Bubblews will soon be over. Once they decide to become a legit site, they will start weeding out the bad posts. I think all this reckless abandon they have right now is just their way of producing content and launching their site. In the days to come there will be more rules, more restrictions and more regulations until it becomes something like hub pages. Lest you forget, hub pages was once overrun with poorly written articles as well...

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Bubblews has been around for two years, so it's not exactly a honeymoon.

However, I think you're probably right.  Helium and HubPages both started very like Bubblews - as a place to write short articles to entertain fellow members.  Helium had a question-and-answer format and a lower limit of 100 words.  On HubPages, it was acceptable to publish a Hub consisting of only one photo!  Over time, they gradually changed, lifting the minimum word count and introducing quality controls.  It may well be that Bubblews will evolve in a similar fashion.

In the early days of HP and Helium did they frequently  fail to pay contributors and fail to respond to their inquiries for months at a time?

1. humahistory profile image73
            humahistoryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

HP did not pay in the early days. Google adsense, Amazon and e-Bay was their method of payment, i.e. outsourced, so there can be no comparison.
            I think what people are missing here is that Bubblews does not purport to be anything other than a social blogging site, a concatenation of Twitter and FB, but with a lower limit of 400 chars.
            If I post on Twitter I do not get paid, even though I have 10K followers.
            If I post on FB I do not get paid, even though I have over 1K fans.
            If I post here on the HP forum, I do not get paid, even though HP should be receiving visits from outside, and is getting paid for our input and time.
            When I create a hub and publish, using the HP ads system, I receive, possible, 0.33 cents for any outside visit, and nothing for internal visits, likes etc.
            On Bubblews it is true that there is a load of dross. But such is social media. Dross abounds on FB and Twitter.
            It is true that much could be said to be aimed at an English level of a 5 year old. That is the nature for some ESL clientele. I, however, do post there as I have an enormous quantity of material that was aimed at my kids and grandkids who were and are between 5 and 12 when it was written, and all is less than 1,000 words, which is now an acceptable level of contribution at HP.
            For this otherwise wasted material I am currently receiving around 60 cents per pop, which takes me around 1 minute to upload. It is also able to be seen through Google, and I am receiving around a dollar a day in residual income - taking this number from overnight income when I know it has not been generated from the previous days posts.
            Bubblews is not a place for 'real' writers like most of the posts here seem to infer they are from. I think this to be disingenuous and frankly insulting to those that post there. One does not post at FB or Twitter 'as a writer' other than to promote one work. Bubblews should be viewed in the same light.
            Stop whingeing about increases to payment thresholds, how much time it takes to get paid, the quality of other peoples posts, whether or not people read your stuff, and whether a 'like' is given for any other reason than your post is liked.
            Rejoice that a site is willing to pay for all sorts of crap, and that your bank balance can be enhanced with a few dollars a week or month, especially when you start out writing for a living.
            Be the exception to the crowd and write short, interesting, well-crafted, posts that engage. Do it in those spare moments that you have when you need to get your creative juices flowing. Use it in the way that it was designed to be used.
            And since it will then be throwaway time that you are using up you will not need to focus on whether or not your redemption will be fulfilled.
            You use your throwaway time on Twiiter and FB without getting paid for it - now, at least, you have a chance to be remunerated for that time.
            My view: Bubblews will go from strength to strength and give FB and Twitter a run for their money over time, especially as it appeals to the south Asian community where a few dollars make one hell of a difference to their lives.

thanks for this.....

Two other ways to use Bubblews, so you reach your $50 payout threshold:
                1. Go through all your unfeatured Hubs and remove them if they are not getting any views. Split them up into several small articles based around the sub-heading you gave to them. Wait a couple or a few weeks, then publish each of them to Bubblews.
                2. Start writing introductions to your informative hubs. Publish these on Bubblews with a link to the hub. The rules state that you cannot use affiliate links etc, but you can post a link that point to a place that engances the info given in your Bubblews post. You may be lucky to get the occasional visitor through this link. It should not be used just to get a backlink. And anyway, all the visits to your Bubblews post will generate income.
                In both these cases you will earn more the more connections you have, and the better you nurture those connections.
                In Case 1, I calculate that if you have 20 unfeatured hubs with 8 sub-headings each, that would make 160 posts. If you have 200 connections you could get around 20 cents per post (plus residuals when you gain more connections) = 160 X 20 cents = $32 for stuff that will not be producing any income on HP any more.
                In Case 2, if you have 200 hubs that you can link to then the calculation (with similar stats as for Case 1) would equate to 200 X 20 cents = $40 , for what, a little effort on your part to promote your HP work.
                If you socialise this new Bubblews content on FB, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn and Tumblr, as per the buttons available, you will flow through some income and some juice to your hubs.

You make some very good points here, and this is mostly the way that I was using Bubblews.  I have always been paid there and have never had any problems...yet it bothers me to think that I could give my work to a site and chance not getting paid because once I do that, my labor and my work is gone.  I'm not sure I'm willing to take that chance.

If you post links to hub pages you will stop getting paid.  That is very against the rules.  200 Links to Hub Pages would probably get you caught, and if they are looking for excuses not to pay that would make it simple for them.
                  While you consider this throwaway time, there is some substantial effort in your suggestion. If at the end of all this labor all you received from Bubblews was silence, and no payment, how would you feel?  That is what has happened to several people on this thread.  They were paid for several months like clockwork.  Then stopped getting paid.  They kept at it, posting on BB, assuming it was just a glitch.  After 8 weeks of nonpayment, they became disgusted.

Facebook and Twitter never promised payment. BB does and we expect them to uphold their promise.

Where did you come by this knowledge that posting a unique set of words that outline a subject and then posting a link for more information at Hubpages (or anywhere else for that matter) '...is very against the rules'?
                    Are you aware of anyone specific that has fallen foul of this 'rule'?
                    I post at FB for particular reasons.
                    I post at Twitter for particular reasons.
                    But I do those posts via RSS feeds, Twitterfeed and Dlvr.it, which only take time to set up and then run on autopilot. No time is wasted.
                    I post at Bubblews for a particular reason, and using it in the way that I see fit. If I were to be banned then so be it. If payments were not received, then I would request that they be paid in a charming and thoughtful way, with understanding that it may be an oversight, a glitch, or overwork, and continue to do so until payment were received or my account was terminated. In the meantime, I would continue to post, as it is, as I said, a throwaway time site.
                    Life is a bitch and there are many ways that we, as minions, will not get paid - Google slaps for instance, which decimated my income. One picks oneself up, dusts off, and finds another place to try to create income.
                    For ..... sake stop whining, face up to the truth of what we do, and use whatever means there are to achieve your own particular goal.
                    As for the $50 redemption limit, the original question, that has no effect on me whatsoever. I redeemed last Friday, received on Monday, and will make a $50 redemption on Friday.
                    I wish everyone here that which they require in the New Year, wherever they try to obtain it. I, for one, will continue on the site as it is the only one I know that has anywhere near the level of income generation. If I lose 2 out of 3 redemptions I shall still be receiving more than I could generate on HP, for the same time outlay. It has taken me the same time to publish 35 hubs here as it has taken me to publish 350 posts there. In that time I have generated about $5 here at HP, and around $200 at B.
                    You can do the maths.
                    I know that here there is the chance of passive income (my other account does that), but I am also seeing that, if facts are written about (rather than personal daily events), then a passive income can also be generated at B.
                    Go figure.

When I first started writing there and taking an interest in who does and does not get paid, there were a few people here that were using BB to create backlinks to HP.  They were not getting paid, and when they removed the links they did start getting paid on new redemptions.  I cannot recall who they were, but the conventional wisdom for many on BB is not to link to anything.

The rules are vague and capricious.  BB is not interested in you taking readers off of their site.  They prohibit referral linking, and just because you are not using the referral link at the bottom of each of your hub's pages, does not mean that you avoid their prohibition. You do get paid every time you send someone from Bubblews to HP.  Social sites and authority sites where you do not get paid are fine.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Excellent!

Mark E, did they ever pay you for your lost $40 redemption?

No.  I didn't bother trying to claim it back - it was a software crash in the middle of the process.  I cautiously wrote and redeemed the next time and it all worked fine.

It should be a simple fix.  Your profile page has all if your views, likes and comments listed.  Add them up and subtract payments to date and what's in your bank and you have the total pennies due to you from the failed redemption. It was not your fault that their servers are slow.

3. NateB11 profile image88
              NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You nailed it, on everything you've said on this thread.

4. DrMark1961 profile image97

How about whineging (sic) about not being paid at all, even when no rule were broken? Is that allowable or have you decided that we are not allowed to comment on Bubblews unprofessionalism?

Sorry for my typing error, but you got the point - not sure what point you were trying to make.
                So, let us consider your position as far as not being paid (Ever? Once? Several times?).
                You are allocated between 5 and 10 times that which you are allocated at HP. You can accumulate at a rate 10+ times that at HP. You can generate good, short, posts that require minimal research, no search for pics or videos, no formatting issues, no need for good spelling or punctuation, no restrictions on what you can write (except not affiliate links) etc etc. But you want to complain that some of your allocated cash has not been forthcoming as yet.
                That is your prerogative, but in my view that is whinging (OK this time).
                Question: have you requested payment of outstanding allocated cash since the $50 limit came into play?
                Just consider the bigger picture.
                Why does HP not pay on their ad program at the rate that B does?
                They should be able to garner similar CPM rates as B, unless B is considerably better at doing deals.
                My reckoning is that it is because HP have venture capitalists to pay, and HP is reaping much lower returns than they were when those VC's came on board.
                I'm not whining about that because I knew when I signed up for the ad program that low returns would be the norm.
                Remember that old adage 'buyer beware'. You should have done your due diligence test before signing up for B. If you did not review the negative issues posted on the site, and elsewhere, then that is your fault.
                If you did consider them, and still went ahead, then you have no grounds upon which to complain.
                Stop whinging.

Many, many times. Since October. Forthcoming as yet? Ha! It will never be forthcoming. If this happens to you I hope you enjoy sitting around waiting for them. You seem to think everything is just peachy over there.
                  If I were the only one who had never been paid for my contributions, I could say there is some sort of error. It is not so. There are many people on the site who have complained about the same thing. Maybe you think that is just fine, and those people are just whining.
                  No, I am not as stupid as you imply. I have not requested a redemption since last Saturday, as I am not longer wasting my time posting on that site.

I did take the bad press into account, and have factored in the possibility that some redemption will not be fulfilled. I also considered that should that prove to be the case the time I spent producing posts would not be to such amount that it proved to be onerous.
                    I calculated that being paid just one-third of redemptions would still prove more monetarily advantageous than using that time elsewhere.
                    The one thing I have learned writing for an online audience is that income is never guaranteed. But at least one had a chance to be forewarned at B.
                    In order to minimise the adverse effects of that lack of guarantee one needs to diversify.
                    B is just one place at which to generate non-guaranteed income. Every other site, or method, for generating income is prone to being hit by various adverse situations for the writer.
                    And by the way, you do not need to be a current writer at B to request that which is owed to you. But if you can't be bothered to write a short note (several more times, possibly) then I have no sympathy for your predicament.

Did I indicate somewhere that I have not contacted B staff (several times, actually, and they never reply) or are you just making this up as you go along?

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

As Humahistory says, in the early days HubPages didn't make any payments at all - it was all paid by Adsense - so that wasn't an issue.   

Helium did pay on time, but had a habit of banning people for breaking the rules, and refusing to explain or discuss the reasons.

Thanks for responding.  Outsourcing your payments to your suppliers is a valid business model. Long overdue payments to suppliers of your wares with no response or explanation to them as to when to expect payment is a poor business practice.  I think BB to HP is an apples to apples comparison. Two revenue sharing startups, one has the good sense to outsource the other tries to manage it on their own by paying in a haphazard fashion. Two years into their venture BB is still creating ill will with their content providers.

I agree it is a poor business model.
                However, it is one that one should have made oneself aware of, and made a considered decision as to whether the model was one that one could live with.

18. humahistory profile image73
      humahistoryposted 10 years ago

Just thought:
      Maybe everyone that has had a redemption fail is suffering from the "Bub Blues"!

think you need to bubble it!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)