Ralwus is not well

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 144 discussions (211 posts)
  1. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I just open my FB and in Charlie's wall he posted this, about 10 hours ago

'Oh no. I feel like I might have to call 911. Something is not right, I will be in hospital if y'all don't hear from me. I will wait a bit. Don't panic please.'

So please all, pray for him!
    thanks !!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks guapa Tantrum. I hope he is doing fine, hope to hear from HIM soon, all my prayers

2. sooner than later profile image59
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

While I will "pray" for him, I have to ask. Why did YOU say that?

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because there are a lot of people around here that knows how to pray.
        I don't.
        I only can hope he gets better.
        And why do you have to come after me ,even in this situation ???
        REALLY  ??!!!

1. sooner than later profile image59

I'm not trying to attack you. I just want to know who you want us to pray to?

1. yoshi97 profile image56
            yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts are with ya Ralwus ... get well soon my friend ...

(Sooner ... even a little kitten learns when to retract its claws ... I suggest you learn to do the same)

(I saw after I posted this that you apologized - apology noted)

1. sooner than later profile image59

I think I beat your post by a few seconds is all.

1. yoshi97 profile image56
                yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I posted it and returned to see you had apologized and thought to myself ... good show Yoshi, ya yoink his chain right after he apologizes.

Perhaps my claws need some dulling as well. smile

2. Friendlyword profile image59
            Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How tacky and inappropriate can you be....

2. utu profile image59
        utuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get off the grass, Whats with you religious people?  I think the so called heathens have more soul, seriously they do!  Tantrum is letting us know, He is great and I am sure like Cindy said he will be fine, especially since he was able to hit the Facebook pages and then dial 911.
        Best wishes from me and my alter ego mandy  for a fast recovery Ralwus.

3. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aww... I love Ralwus!  Sending out lovely hubby love x

4. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do hope he is doing well... I know how he feels. I just went through critical care for a week , plus on Jan , &th... please gib=ve him my well wishes,,,is he in Wooster?

2. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I hope he's doing okay. Maybe that's why I don't see him too often in the forums? Hope and pray he's okay.

thanks tantrum for the post.

3. myownworld profile image75
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

thanks T for letting us know. I'll say a special prayer for him. Hope everything's ok with him...

4. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Ralwus...hang in there, buddy...I'm saying a prayer for you to have good healing...now!...as I type this! I'll be anxious to hear a good report from you...so keep us posted!

T...appreciate you giving us the update.

5. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, Tantrum - I will keep an eye on FB.

Hope that he is OK sad

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Tantrum, thank you.  He is in my prayers.  Please, keep us updated.

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Oh It'll Be His In-Grown Tusks again... Be Well Mate!

8. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

He's been struggling with his health for quite a while and if he had the oomph to type in his FB status before calling 911, then that is a good sign!  Hang in there Charlie my mate!

9. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

All my best to a truly talented man.

10. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

The sky fairy? the spagetti monster? the "dog" in the sky?

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Knock it off, sooner. If you were in the same boat as Charlie, would you want someone like you spewing the crap you are?

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Positive thoughts and vibes are surely projected toward this member's well being, no matter the technique involved.  Be well, Charlie!

3. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Positive thoughts and candle lit. Hope Charlie gets better soon.

4. sooner than later profile image59

Well, I will pray to the only true God for you. I hope you don't mind my interest in the ironic situation.

5. Niteriter profile image61
      Niteriterposted 14 years ago

My thoughts are with Charlie. Thanks, tantrum, for letting us know.

6. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years ago

Ive had a feeling something was wrong...Im so sad to hear hes not well, charlie if you get to read this..we love you!!
      Thank you so much Tantrum, for letting us know.
      And while some people themselves may not pray, they wont discourage believers from doing so. This is most certainly NOT the place to have a "discussion" of beliefs. Lets all just be supportive of our beloved Ralwus!

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes! Excellent sentiments, Justine. This is absolutely not the the time to play silly games about how one prays or meditates, or to whom they're sending those thoughts. Is it not enough that one of our own is ill and needs to know that people care for him? Can't we all just send him our positive thoughts and do whatever our equivalent to prayer is without getting sidetracked about who sent the message? I know I will.

7. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Oh my goodness! I hope he's okay! He seems like such a sweetheart; he was among the first really welcome me here. I will be praying for him.

Tantrum thank you so much for letting us know...if it's at all possible to communicate with him, please let him know we're all thinking about him and we expect him to get better and get back here soon!!

8. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Charlie, my friend, God speed. Sending love and prayers.
      Thanks, T for letting us know.

9. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Charlie, buddy, sending you all the positive vibes, love and prayers. Talk to you soon.

Thanks Tantrum, you're a pal for letting us know.

10. TamCor profile image82
      TamCorposted 14 years ago

This was just posted on Charlie's FB wall:

I talked to Shirley (Charlie's Wife). He's been admitted to the hospital yesterday for Congestive Heart Failure. He's doing okay, but they are going to run a battery of tests today. She's going to call me tonight with an update, but she asked if I would let everyone know what's going on and to please pray for him. She could use a few, too.
      8 minutes ago

Just wanted to let you all know...

Charlie--Get well soon!!!

Tammy

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Best wishes for a quick recovery. smile

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad Charlie get well!

11. 2uesday profile image66
      2uesdayposted 14 years ago

I hope he feels better soon, he always puts nice encouraging comments when he read something, and he writes well, so hearing he is unwell is upsetting. I will check back on here later as I do not have FB.

12. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years ago

thanks Tammy.  smile for once I don't hate facebook...and yes, Will definately be praying for his wife!!

13. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years ago

Congestive Heart Failure, anybody know anything about that, I don't think it means he's had a heart attack just a heart problem. Anybody know? Ralwus is consistently a nice guy I am praying!

1. TamCor profile image82
        TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are saying that he didn't have a heart attack, but they are running tests on him today to check the device he has implanted...geez, I can't remember what it's called, but I think he wrote a hub about it awhile back.

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He probably has the same device I have, I better go read his hub.

2. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My father, grandfather, grandmother and husbands grandfather all had it.
        https://health.google.com/health/ref/Heart+failure

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that, I guess I could have used Google, duh! I had a heart attack almost 5 years ago and those things suck so I hope he looks after that heart. I had to get a pacemaker/defibrillator put in my chest in case my heart says "fuck you for everything you ever did to me" and quits beating. Good luck Ralwus!

3. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure there's much more technical information out there, but from my understanding it's not like a heart attack. I understand that the body has difficulty removing excess fluid from the blood stream and that this fluid can build up in the lungs and around the heart (hence the "congestive" part...it sounds like congestion); this in turn makes the heart have to work harder.

My grandmother had this. Fortunately, there are treatments that can help ralwus live a long life. If the rest of him his relatively healthy, they can help remove the fluid. He can make dietary and lifestyle changes (if he hasn't already) that will help his body create less fluid, and get rid of excess fluid more efficiently. It's a serious condition, and I'm glad he's getting help, but there's probably also a good chance for his recovery.

Keep sending those prayers and positive thoughts!

14. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Congestive heart failure is a build-up of fluid around the heart and can be fatal, but he is in the right place and I am sure they will be giving him the very best care.

Thinking of you Charlie Campbell! Wishing you a speedy recovery. xx

15. wrenfrost56 profile image58
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Oh poor Ralwus. Thanks for letting us know and I hope he is well again soon.

16. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Charlie - get back to work you hear smile Your little world needs you and so there's no time for hanging around in hospital --- so get well soon and a speedy recovery back to health and happiness - from the one true frog ... xxx

17. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

cheers for letting us know Tantrum...will say a prayer and send some positive eergy his way:)

Hope you get better soon Charlie...stay strong!!!

18. sooner than later profile image59

Rawlus, I do pray for your health and opologize for my poor timing in making my point. The best. Sooner

19. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Oh no...that isn't good. not to panic? hard not to when you know a friend doesn't feel good and may have to go to the hospital sad I will definietly be praying and sending positive thoughts and energy his way. Keep us updated Tantrum!

20. The Rope profile image59
      The Ropeposted 14 years ago

("Tan" check your email please.  I sent a message.)

(Crazd - I'm sending you one over as well, it will be there shortly)

Prayers and best wishes to Ralwus AND his wife.  He's an amazing guy!

21. sooner than later profile image59

na

22. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

hope you soon get well sir, you really have not been too well for a while have you? thinking of you

23. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 14 years ago

Ralwus - get well we miss you!  sending positive vibes and prayers for your recovery quickly!

24. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years ago

I hope you're well, Charles.  My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

25. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

Hey Charlie, we need you here smile Drinking to your fast recovery! smile

26. Anamika S profile image69
      Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

Thanks for letting us know tantrum. I will keep ralwus in my prayers too.

27. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Thanks Tantrum ( btw love yer new pic-so cute) and Charlie is definately in my prayers...) he has to be well or else , were all comin to visit -there that should do the trick ..hehe

28. Money Glitch profile image63
      Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Oh no, that does not sound good at all!
      I am praying for you ralwus, that it was just a crazy false alarm of some kind. sad

Thanks tantrum for letting us know!

1. Springboard profile image81
        Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only been around the HubPages for a short time, but an impression has been madeā€”and you know what happens with those first impressions. I hope all is well and that someone is keeping your keyboard warm until you can get back to it.

I'm certain you will, no doubt, have a great story to tell. I, for one, look forward to reading it.

29. mikelong profile image61
      mikelongposted 14 years ago

I warned him about laying around in the grass naked all the time....maybe now he'll listen..

Pumping positivity in your direction Ralwus....

30. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

I do not know him well, as I am new here, but I miss his cool avatar.

Ralwus, get better soon!

31. QuirkyPearl profile image61
      QuirkyPearlposted 14 years ago

Sending my thoughts and well wishes to Rawlus...

Hoping he feels much better very soon...

Nice picture Tantrum ;-)

32. Beth100 profile image68
      Beth100posted 14 years ago

Wishing you a speedy recovery CC! And, I'll be sending a side dish of toes to help you along.  big_smile xo

@ Tant : lovely pic!!! smile

33. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

According to Charlie's niece (?), he had a heart attack. Does anyone know more?? Did they decide it was a heart attack AND congestive heart failure?

34. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Ralwus I really hope everything is ok. I am not going on without you. Damn I am so worried, please as soon as you can give word you are ok. Love u heaps and heaps, am thinking of you my dear friend. xoxox

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/SirenaLovesPhotos/cute-quotes-2.jpg

35. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I have known he has not been well for quite a while, but I believe in miracles, to never ever let go of hope.

36. flread45 profile image60
      flread45posted 14 years ago

Get well soon ol'buddy..

37. Mighty Mom profile image76
      Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Heard you could use some mighty healing thoughts, Charlie.
      Here they come....
      Can you feel them?
      xo,your pal MM

38. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 14 years ago

Tantrum, thanks so much for letting us all know! CC, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. It will be a bit drear while you're away. Come back to us soon!

39. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Tammy, thanks for the update.  Email me if you here more, I'll not be on the forums much.

40. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years ago

Whats the latest anybody know?

41. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

I am so sorry this has happened to you.
      Be well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)