HubPages Ad Program

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 203 discussions (552 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 13 years ago

Tomorrow, March 3rd, we are excited to officially launch the HubPages Ad Program, a major new way for you to make money from your HubPages traffic. The HubPages Ad Program provides an optimized mix of premium ads from multiple ad partners that will run alongside the Google AdSense ads on your Hubs. 

If you would like to have an idea of the difference between Hubs with ads from the HubPages Ad Program and Hubs with ads just from Google, all you need to do is have a look at Hubs on the site, as when HubPages gets its 40% of impressions, it already uses that ad layout.  The difference is this: instead of displaying three AdSense ad units and two link units, the Hub hosts three AdSense ad units and up to four full-sized ad units from the HubPages Ad Program.

To get an accurate idea of how the HubPages Ad Program would affect Hubber earnings,  we invited nine Hubbers to beta test the program over January and February.  The entire group saw a weighted average earnings increase of over 50% and each Hubber saw double-digit percentage increases in the combined revenue their earned with AdSense and the HubPages Ad Program.

If you are already on board, keep in mind that we are rolling out the program in waves, starting with about 500 invites.  We hope to have the HubPages Ad Program available to all Hubbers by June.  The HubPages Ad Program pays through PayPal (you will get your first payout once you reach a $50 threshold), so one way you can prepare for your email invite is to set up a PayPal account if you do not already have one.

If you are among those in the first wave of invites, congratulations!  If not, keep an eye out for the next wave, and get ready!

1. Bronson_Hub profile image60
      Bronson_Hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's awesome!  This will be a great asset after the change in the Google algorithm, although that's speculation on my part seeing I really don't know how much it affected the successful hubbers (if at all).  Regardless, this is exciting and looking forward to learning more about it.  Keep us posted, chief!

2. kev8 profile image61
      kev8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great news, I am looking forward to getting involved.

3. LillyGrillzit profile image79
      LillyGrillzitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looking forward to an invite! Thanks for considering this community, and those who desire to continue publishing good quality content

1. profile image52
        akhileshonlyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

good .....

4. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are the ad blocks the same as the ones you use as a sample hub + ad placement on your advertising page? You know, the glossy ones that ... look better than the usual blue text link?

Wondering, as I never really notice HP's 40%.

5. Frieda Babbley profile image79
      Frieda Babbleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really like the idea of it going into our paypal acount.  I'm excited to see this come to life.

6. salt profile image61
      saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds wonderful.

How do we know if we are invited?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You will get an email from hubpages inviting you, sometime between now and June.

1. profile image0
          wendy87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages sending invitation in waves of 500.when will hubpage send invitation to next 500 any idea ? and are you invited in first wave ?

No Wendy, I wasn't in the first wave, but no worries, my turn will come, as will yours. Nothing has been specifically said about when the 'next wave' of invites will go out, but all Hubbers should have been invited by June.

7. Thriller profile image61
      Thrillerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks HubPages!!! This will also remove some of our dependency on Adsense. I just wanted to know by when should the "less prolific" Hubbers expect an invite?

1. Simone Smith profile image86
        Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely by June, if not before then!

8. clydelady2 profile image67
      clydelady2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sound great.  Looking forward to an invite. smile

9. Becky Puetz profile image73
      Becky Puetzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is great news and I look forward to adding the new  HubPages ad program to my account.  Thanks

10. lifeisbutadream4 profile image61
      lifeisbutadream4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you apply to this new "Ad program" if you not accepted into the "google adsense program?  Also, what type of criteria do you need to be accepted into either of these programs?

You have to have a valid AdSense account to qualify for the HubPages Ad Program.  Qualifications for Google AdSense vary depending on where you live.  I recommend checking their FAQ on that front.

1. Andrew0208 profile image56
          Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've seen the HP ad program 'configure' button in my account area. It's telling me: 'You are not currently eligible to enroll to the HubPages ad program.' Are non US residents not eligible with HubPages ad program?

I'm getting a bit curious like never before because I already do regularly receive affiliate earnings via my PayPal from HostGator, VideoForward, and a few others all in the US. Or the invite has to come first before the activation? Pardon me if I'm  being a bit pushy, though happy to even see the configure button.

1. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only 500 invites thus far, so basically you need to wait for an invite before being eligible. First 500 today, plenty more coming, everybody should be in by June. No geographical restrictions.

Thank you Ryankett, well, I've just decided not to get into worrying nor being curious about it. Good a thing June is not far from March. I wait...

2. Lily Rose profile image86
              Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Easy for you to say - you got in on wave one! I was hoping I'd get in this go-round and it would have been a great birthday present for me, too! No, I don't share yours - I'm the 5th! I'll just keep waiting and hope I get in the next wave - dang!

BTW - happy birthday, Ryan! Mine's a big, scary one this year!

11. Bendo13 profile image77
      Bendo13posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it still a 60/40 split just like with Adsense?  Or do you have a different percentage for this program?

12. profile image0
      wendy87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hope it will beat google adsence in term of earning...lets see.

13. lllewelll profile image60
      lllewelllposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Golden!  Looking forward to being in the next phase of participants.
      

1. cceerpp profile image57
        cceerppposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can't wait! This will be revolutionary I guess. Go HubPages. . . Go Go!

14. FREEWORKING profile image60
      FREEWORKINGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good start, But let's see how much impact it would be on adsense earnings.  I may get the number in next wave. Thumbs UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Prakash Sethia profile image62
      Prakash Sethiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great News! I welcome it. But I don't have an approved adsense Account? Can I be eligible ? If yes, I wiil surely participate.
      Thanks.

16. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'll try this again because they removed my post. i think that it's a great idea for those who want to make money on here. i noticed a lot of folks are here for that reason and this new program will help promote more and perhaps better hubs.

17. profile image48
      GcNexusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a good effort to gain maximum exposure from Hub pages. It would do a better for every contributors.

18. msms profile image59
      msmsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a very timely initiative.
      Hubpages should create a new "Earning" avenue for those who want to avoid any of the available sources (adsense, amazon, ebay, kontera ...) and one should just devote his energy and time in creating Hubs to his best ability and "Earning" part id managed by Hubpages and shared among writers ...

19. royalblkrose profile image59
      royalblkroseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok.. I  already have a paypal account.

20. pertibha321 profile image40
      pertibha321posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I want to ask one thing that do we need a verified paypal account to participate in hubpages ad program? As am from India and not using a credit card which is necessary to make my paypal account verified.
      If we need a verified paypal account then can we use some other persons paypal account to get payments who have an verified paypal account?

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 13 years ago

Paul, This is very good news. Funny that I was just reading about this from a HubPages' Twitter link this morning and now I see your post. You guys are doing a wonderful job and I am totally pleased to be a part of the HP community. I look forward to getting a chance in the future to be in the new Ad Program.
    Thanks for all the great work!

3. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Will this force us into Kontera or include any of those ugly pop-overs that have been spotted now and then (which I assume were accidents)?

Nope big_smile

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic.

I look forward to June.

Hey, you might get an invite before then! We're taking Hubbers on in waves, after all!

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
            englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please send me an invite too then, very impatient to wait till June!!

2. Pcunix profile image92
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you should put me on the end of the list.  I make very little from HP right now and am unconcerned - June is fine.  Give it to people who already have good p/v here.

3. muratos profile image60
            muratosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would be happy to get an invite as soon as possible too. This would encourage me providing longer unique content.

4. snakebaby profile image64
            snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please do not invite me on June 25, since 24th is my birthday big_smile
            Hopefully I'm not so unlucky to be in the last wave, though

4. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

WOOO HOOO!

5. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I can guarantee you that it is pretty awesome.

6. nell79 profile image79
    nell79posted 13 years ago

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to it too! Thank you for constantly working to make things better here.

7. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

I'm really excited about this. I saw the announcement on Facebook and had to share it. This is going to be an awesome thing for all of us here at HubPages.

8. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Are the 'new' ads going to be as easy to sign up for as AdSense is?  Just wondering for people like me who are ad challenged.  Great news though.  Thanks.

I'd say it's easier, but at the very least, it is as easy.  The nice thing is that it's all on the site, so there's not the slightly more complicated back-and-forth that you'll see when signing up for other affiliate programs.

1. Shil1978 profile image87
        Shil1978posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great. Simple is good, plus I love the fact that HubPages is thinking about its hubbers and giving them an additional source to earn from smile

2. 2besure profile image80
        2besureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad that it is simple.  I can hardly wait to get started.  It is cool that HubPages is always looking for ways to help us be more successful!

9. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 13 years ago

This is fantastic news, I'm constantly impressed at the way Hubpages are trying to keep ahead of the game.  Look forward to June, or before if I'm lucky!

10. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 13 years ago

This is great new! I look forward to using this.

11. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 13 years ago

Sounds interesting, we'll see!...

12. simeonvisser profile image70
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Awesome news, I'm interested to see how we'll benefit from this smile

13. Azure11 profile image84
    Azure11posted 13 years ago

Ooh, sounds very interesting, wonder how they decide who will get invited first!!

14. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Interest has been peak-ed.
    Will keep an eye out.
    Thanks HP!

James.

15. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

Very much looking forward to this as well. Hope I don't have to wait all the way until June for my invite wink

16. Andrew0208 profile image56
    Andrew0208posted 13 years ago

Good news. I like the ad layout I recently saw on hubs. Thanks for your continued innovations and support to the HubPages community.

17. bigmikeh profile image69
    bigmikehposted 13 years ago

Sounds good - anything which reduces dependence on Google/Adsense is very welcome.

18. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

Great, but does Hubpages have plans of issuing US$ cheques to hubbers in countries where Paypal payments can not be withdrawn to their local bank accounts?

Unfortunately, we don't have any such plans at the moment.  To qualify for the HubPages Ad Program, Hubbers must have a functional PayPal account, as wel las a valid API-linked AdSense account.

1. john.jackson profile image69
        john.jacksonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

About the AdSense part, do we have to have a working Google AdSense account to qualify for this scheme? If so why?

Yes, working AdSense accounts are a prerequisite for the HubPages Ad Program. They're designed to be complimentary smile

Oh ok thanks, so if we do not have a working AdSense account, we cannot be a member of the HubPages Ad Program I'm assuming.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
              Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's correct.

Ok thank you anyway

19. ns1209 profile image62
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Sounds good and I am looking forward to eventually being able to sign up for the Hubpages ad system and it is definitely different from other websites.  Any new good revenue streams is great in my book.

20. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

That's great to hear and I really look forward to seeing increases in revenue for me me me! (very selfish of me I know!)

21. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4710128_f520.jpg
    ......................................................Paradigmsearch......................................................

22. lakeerieartists profile image62
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Thanks for keeping us all informed and watching out for us hubbers, Paul.  I for one, really appreciate it.  smile

23. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Looking forward to being invited!

24. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 13 years ago

I'm curious to see how the page layout will differ.  I appreciate the explanation given by Paul, but wonder when we'll be able to directly assess the visual impact (if any) of the new ad program.

Thanks, Steph

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Steph, I've been bouncing around a bit on Relache's and Len Cannon's Hubs, and the ads I'm seeing don't compromise the page layout. These ads also seem to be relevant to the topic and they have a fresh and appealing look.

Of course, I might be a bit jaded now, considering what's happened to my google dot com views, and so these new ads look really good to me in that they have nothing to do with Google, but I think this might be a big win for Hubbers and HP, diminishing nothing for the reader.

1. stephhicks68 profile image86
        stephhicks68posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sherri,

That's good to hear.  I have tweaked the layouts of my blogs over the past 6 months and always watched traffic carefully to make sure that readers don't react negatively (thinking we're just trying to sell something).  Thanks for the response... I'll go check out their hubs too.  Cheers, Steph

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's nice to read this by a top hubber here. I think right now especially, that is an important consideration.

The new ads sound exciting! I took a look at their programs on the advertising websites and they look nice. Now I'm starting to notice them more around the web.

1. stephhicks68 profile image86

I agree - it sounds like the new ad program should benefit everyone; looking forward to seeing it in practice site-wide.

2. Simone Smith profile image86

The layout is actually the same layout you see 40% of the time with your Hubs - it's what HubPages uses whenever utilizing its 40% of impressions on your Hubs. 
      If you opt into the HubPages Ad Program, that means that your Hubs will look like that 100% of the time instead of 40%.

So basically, nothing is particularly new - we're just opening up a more lucrative layout to Hubbers, too big_smile

The layout is cool and Ads contained are very relevant. I love this development. cool

2. stephhicks68 profile image86

Thanks Simone!

3. Peggy W profile image94
        Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for taking care of us and sharing more income with us.  That should get everyone excited!

25. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 13 years ago

Definitly interested - I have some hubs with traffic but an awful CLR for adsense - could work for both of us!

1. profile image0
      4youreyesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great another way to keep updating the hubpages looking forward to to the new program Thanks !!

26. viking305 profile image92
    viking305posted 13 years ago

Great news!  Always good to hear we can make money from other affiliate programs too.  HubPages is the best writing Site by a mile.

27. TahoeDoc profile image78
    TahoeDocposted 13 years ago

Sounds great! And I'm pretty new, so forgive me if I've missed something. But, how will traffic get to the site? I don't have a lot of traffic, but even on my hubs that are informative and 'authoritative' (anesthesia articles written by an anesthesiologist), my traffic is less than a third now of where it was before the change.

Is traffic expected to pick back up or is there some other way to get traffic to the site, to our hubs? Clicks depend on traffic.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to figure things out (although I'm not very savvy with these things).

TahoeDoc - traffic is something that takes time to build, so be patient and keep on publishing.  If you opt in to the HubPages ad program, you may see payout sooner, since the threshold is lower big_smile
      But again, the traffic part is up to your Hubs and whether or not they are well-titled and written to be found in search results.

28. vicki goodwin profile image61
    vicki goodwinposted 13 years ago

Oh what exciting news! I can't wait to be invited to participate! Thanks HubPages for making the experience even better!

29. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Awesome news smile

I'll look forward to the potential benefits, and I'm sure you guys must be pretty positive about it, judging on your 'test pilots' results!

Big thumbs up Hubpages smile

30. nasus loops profile image62
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

This sounds really exciting.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

31. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Can't wait!

32. WoodsmensPost profile image63
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

Great news!! Starting to see a trickle of traffic come back . I think in due time we will be able to determine what is needed to put our hubs back on top. At least I hope so. Paypal must be really excited too smile

33. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 13 years ago

Sounds like a really positive move ~ can't wait to try it.

34. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

3:23am here. I can now sleep in peace. smile

Just one suggestion: allow users to set the threshold point for withdrawal. For example, 5$, 10$, 20$, 100K$etc etc.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the minimum threshold is $50 Sky. And maybe it's a faff HP hanging onto the money?

Edit - and you can leave it I guess, though PayPal have a habit of whipping a nice fee the bigger the sum hmm

2. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if that will be needed.

I only had one day that was under $5 and that was the very first day and because it wasn't a full 24 hours.

There is a minimum threshold of $50 for the month, which will rollover to the next month if you haven't made that much.

From what I can see on my primary account (this account gets far less than all my other accounts) anyone joining the new HP Ads Program will see impressive increases in revenue.

35. toknowinfo profile image71
    toknowinfoposted 13 years ago

This sounds very exciting and promising. I really like how HubPages keeps coming up with new innovations. Thanks.

36. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Oh, how cool and exciting.  Did I mention timely, too?

37. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

What's the deciding factor as to who gets included in each "wave"? This sounds really exciting! I hope I'm in the first wave!  I guess I don't have to wait too much longer to find out...

38. simeonvisser profile image70
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Is it possible to disable the HubPages ads for specific hubs or is it everything-or-nothing?

It's everything or nothing, but you'll still be able to disable ads on noncommercial Hubs as you like. 
      If you're concerned that the ad format will change, don't be.  It's just the ad layout we use when we're getting our 40% of impressions, so you've seen it many times before.

1. simeonvisser profile image70
        simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I see, thanks. In a recent hub I saw that AdSense and other affiliate do take a dip as people now click on other ads but if the money comes in either way then I'm fine with that.

2. Peggy W profile image94
        Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a question.  Will HubPages be adding the new ads to all of our existing hubs as well as new ones written or just new ones created?

39. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Simone, that is good to know! So we've been seeing those ads already!

40. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I hope I get an invite soon smile

That said, I'm sure I could wait till June if need be - maybe by that time traffic will have fully recovered.

Cautiously optimistic just now - traffic is creeping upwards!

41. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Sounds exciting to me as well.  I'm looking forward to it!

42. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

-Ditto- to all the comments abouve me !

43. Nell Rose profile image88
    Nell Roseposted 13 years ago

Sounds great! Well done Hubpages!

44. lilibees profile image62
    lilibeesposted 13 years ago

Sounds fun and interesting can't wait!

45. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

How are you (staff) deciding who gets invited in each wave of invites?

The first wave is ~500 people and it's not hand-selected. I think it's somewhat random among active Hubbers.

So...please don't take it personally if you don't make it the first round, for whatever reason! Everyone will have a chance to participate in due course. We just need to meter new participants so we scale it properly.

Hi Jason,

Do you know if it is randomly chosen from ALL active Hubbers, or currently just those in the US?

Thanks

From all active Hubbers, not just US-based ones.

However, you will have to live in a country that accepts PayPal, since that's the only form of payment we use for the program.

Thanks for clarifying that Jason, sounds okay for me then, already got Paypal and use it regularly smile Just need the invite now.

Cool!

Two of our nine beta users were, in fact, non-US (darkside was one of them). The only important thing to remember is that non-US participants still have to fill out a form saying they have no US activity in order to avoid withholding (it's a tax compliance issue for us). But that will be clear when you get the invite and start the process. smile

All still sounding good. I am really getting excited now, can't wait to try it out smile

2. Andrew0208 profile image56

@Jason, I already got a functional verified PayPal. I'm also in great expectation for the invite. Thank you. smile

2. Lily Rose profile image86

Thanks for responding, Jason. Well, I'll just keep checking my email today and crossing my fingers - I could really use a boost in earnings!

I hate to be pushy, and I'm sorry if this was already mentioned and I missed it, but how often between now and June will the invite waves go out?

You're not being pushy! This is an fantastic new program and I can certainly understand the excitement. smile

I hate to disappoint, but we haven't set an exact date, scope or criteria for the next wave. A lot depends on how the first wave goes, if we were able to scale OK without any major issues. But, for sure, everyone will have access by June, if not earlier.

This is probably the largest single rollout we've done, technically speaking, on the site, so we want to make sure everything works as it's supposed to. smile

1. Lily Rose profile image86

Thanks Jason! I keep checking my email hoping I'll get an early birthday present, ahem, I mean invite! tongue

46. iluvluvluvlucy profile image67
    iluvluvluvlucyposted 13 years ago

I made a penny today from my hubs so I am very interested. I cannot believe that google has de-listed all of my hubs. Do they even know what a content farm is? Totally amazing.

47. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 13 years ago

I think this is great news and I Love the Way, Hubpages is always coming up with something new. I am definitely looking forward to June. Thanks.

48. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

This is a perfect response to the current situation with Google. I am always amazed by the quick and careful things the HubPages staff (and community) manage to do when protecting the health of this site. It is encouraging at the very least and quite exciting over all.
    It will be nice to gain access to the new program in June-- unless I find a friendly HubPages invitation in my email! ;~)
    Many thanks to the crew for watching out for our hubber well-being.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Keep in mind that it's not actually a response to recent developments, but has been in the works for months. So it's good to know our HubPages Team is being pro-active.

49. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

I totally understand! I have always felt the team to be pro-active and usually ahead of the curve. You can't be this successful and not be pro-active. It would be near impossible to manage a huge and positive move in such a short span of time for sure. Good to know that the HP team has kept ahead of the recent folly. My meaning was more for the sake of those who may be a little freaked out over the things from the last week or so. Nice that you make clear the actions (not reactions) of our super HubPages Team. Thanks for keeping things on the straight and narrow Darkside.

50. profile image0
    Multimanposted 13 years ago

I notice you did not mention if it will work with amazon, adsense adn kontera, if yu have all three does it?

It works with all three.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)