Palin: Trump Right on Obama Birth Probe.

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (146 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
    OLYHOOCHposted 13 years ago

Now, before I post this, in some of your eyes, both Palin and Trump are loosers. This answer I expect, but, we now have two people with fare ratings and backbones looking into this Issue.

Not only that, they tell you, like it is, not, what you want to hear.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says real estate mogul Donald Trump, who is considering a 2012 presidential run, is right in sending investigators to Hawaii to pursue the issue of where President Barack Obama was born, because many Americans want proof he was indeed born in this country.

“I appreciate that 'The Donald' wants to spend his resources in getting to the bottom of something that so interests him and many Americans — you know, more power to him,” Palin said Saturday on Fox News’ “Justice with Judge Jeanine.” “He’s not just throwing stones from the sidelines, he’s digging in there, he’s paying for researchers to find out why President Obama would have spent $2 million to not show his birth certificate.”

Palin said although she believes the president was born in Hawaii, it is “perplexing” why Obama has spent so much money to avoid the issue, and there might be “something there the president doesn’t want people to see” on his birth certificate.

She expressed hope Trump’s investigation will put to rest the issue of why the president is so intent on not providing the requested documentation.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Sara … de=C0E5-1#

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Not only that, they tell you, like it is, not, what you want to hear."

They are pandering to what the Tea Party morons want to hear.

2. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

Oh well, if Palin says it's right . . .

1. DannyMaio profile image60
      DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Come on John, It does not seem strange that he would spend $2M on something that he could dismiss in 5 minutes? I also believe he was born in Hawaii but think he is hiding something, Just makes no sense to spend that amount of money for something so simple! would you spend that kind of money? could it not go to better use? lets see how honest you answer this.

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, where is the evidence that he has spent $2 million?

OLYHOOCHposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was common knowledge that he spent, $1,000,000 when he first took office when this issue first came up.

Well, you know how story's grow. what ever the amount, let's get to the bottom of this mess ans be done with it.

OLY

1. bgamall profile image68
            bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can get to the bottom of it. There were two announcements in the local newspapers announcing his birth, in Hawaii. That is all the proof you need.

Trump is a stuffed shirt, full of himself, and a real pain to watch on the Golf Channel.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image74
            Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"It was common knowledge that he spent, $1,000,000 when he first took office when this issue first came up."

If it was "common knowledge" then you'll have no problem showing proof, right? Like, links to news articles from real journalists, with cited sources?

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
              I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who needs proof when you can just make up a "fact" and then claim it's "common knowledge", as if anyone who doesn't know this is stupid?

If I wasn't born in this country and I wanted people to think I was, I don't even know where I would spend money to make that happen. Perhaps I'd build a time machine to go back and put the announcements in the newspapers. I mean please, someone suggest where a person would start to spend money to make this cover-up possible.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
                Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah HA! I always knew you weren't born in this country, DB Cooper! I also suspected you owned a time machine. I bet you're the one who loaned the way-back machine to the Obama family so they could perpetrate this giant hoax/conspiracy! Ha! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah and lol too!

2. DannyMaio profile image60

I guess it is free to defend all the lawsuits? Do you think a guy like trump did not get facts also? please be real. I knew you would not answer the question because you CAN NOT. twist away again johnny boy! Can not even answer a simple question....WOW

Erm, actually I asked the question. The common routine is for one person to ask a question and another to answer it,not for the questioner to both ask and answer the question.

Actually I asked the question! and you came back diverting your answer to ask me one! I know it is hard for you but start from the top and read the posts and answer the question like a man! think you can handle that? lets see how you twist this one.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
                Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The law suits keep getting dismissed, you will note.

The question was what proof do you have of any specific amount spent in defense of these suits? I don't know for sure, but I think Obama is giving them the finger in court,  which he can't in public.

NOTHING will ever satisfy the birthers.  A lot of them are walking zombies because their heads exploded (figuratively speaking) when a black man was elected president of the United States. The birther movement is racists in denial.If Obama brings out a BC, they will call it a forgery.

1. DTR0005 profile image60
                  DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doug - that is exactly what  happened. You can't mention it because you are throwing down the race card, but that's exactly what it is. And quite correct - if he produced one it would be immediatly written off by the tin-foil hat crowd as a fake. It's a lose-lose really.

actually commonsense isn't a requirement for the followers! again so even if it gets dismissed in court an attorney has to go to court and dispute...this is the law! unless he shows up which is not happening. so what is your point! again very simple show the long-form and it is over!

1. Doug Hughes profile image60

When the birthers all sign off on the offer that they will STFU if he shows the long form,  I will eat my hat.

This is a game. If Obama jumps through this hoop, they have another.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

A more interesting question is who's funding the lawsuits?

Quite interesting Ralph - that question never came to my mind, but damn if it isn't perhaps the most important question to ask. You got any leads?

2. Doug Hughes profile image60

How do you spell "KKK"?

Not that it's that organization but why would anyone send money to pursue a suit that has no factual basis?

4. Jeff Berndt profile image74

"The question was what proof do you have of any specific amount spent in defense of these suits?"

None at all, obviously.

No, you made a statement about the pres spending $2 million, I asked for proof.

No twisting on my part.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                  Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Donald Trump told him!  lol

Well, that's really shown me up lol

keep avoiding a simple question, just shows your twisting.

Well why do you keep avoiding a simple question? Proof of him spending $2 million.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this
          1. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's too long and full of facts, Ron.. most won't read the entire article. wink

And any way it must be a lie cos it fairly conclusively proves that he didn't spend $2 million.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

That's OK.  They hate politifact anyway; it contains the word "fact".

2. DTR0005 profile image60

You wanna bet this comes up again? lmao

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Trump knows better but is just showboating, pandering to the high percentage of Republicans who, according to polls, have succumbed to propagands and have doubts about where Obama was born and about his religion.

go ahead and add things to the list now! show me where he said Obamas religion. please show me I would love to see it. this is a very simple question and for someone who would spend time and money to not show is hiding something! nobody wants to answer the simple question "would you spend 2m to not show something that you claim your had? Obama wrote in one of his books that he found his birth certificate! so show it! would you and why or why not? simple question i will wait for your answer.

2. Doug Hughes profile image60

Pain is shopping for the VP slot with Donnie. She can read the polls and she's no longer a contender for the top spot. She hopes she can dangle the evangelical block.....

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

now there's a ticket to make us proud, Trump and Palin.

the white house will get a new coat of shiny metallic gold paint with 'you betcha' yelling across the lawn. wink wink, wink.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

...with moose hunts in the rose garden.

3. White Teeth profile image61
    White Teethposted 13 years ago

This is a non-issue to the swing voters – the birth announcements in two papers, the birth record, the fact that McCain’s investigators found nothing, and the fact that even Palin says she believes he was born in Hawaii.

However, the more Obama can fan this and make his critics look like nothing but conspiracy nuts, the less likely the swing voters will be to side with the critics. Even if it cost 2 million, it might be worth it to marginalize your critics.

OLYHOOCHposted 13 years agoin reply to this

McCain???????? He keep shooting himself in the foot, and besides, he does not have the kind of money, Trump has.

Somthing just is not right here.

OLY

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74

"McCain???????? He keep shooting himself in the foot,"
        His first shot was his choice of running mate.

"Somthing just is not right here."

Yes, a lot of people are wasting energy on this birther stupidity. That's what's not right.

so you think being deceitful is a good idea for someone who is the president of the USA? do you think he knew from the beginning that this could help him but not being transparent as he preached in the election for president? he spent money to start even before he was elected! You also conveniently just took part of what Palin said, why not all of it??? I too believe he was PROBABLY born in Hawaii but is Hiding something to spend $2m and not show a simple Long-Form. actually if you read his books he stated in one that he found his birth certificate! Did you believe him when he said he never heard reverend Wright speak like that in church? you do know he went to that church for 20 years and even dedicated a book to him. all these things are important to me and many others and he should do as he preaches, transparency!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_off … overnment/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fed … _blog.html

1. White Teeth profile image61
        White Teethposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uh...I think it might be a job requirement...anyways, what I said is that none of this matters to the swing voters. I really don't care one way or the other. I'm agnostic...

If it were me though, the long form would be the October surprise...marginalize, then ridicule the critics...

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74

When the critics are so ridiculous, that's a gimme.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1. Moonchild60 profile image76
      Moonchild60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I am with you, this is so boring already.  All the proof isn't enough he MUST be hiding that he is Muslim. Right, I checked both my sons Birth Certificates and no where does it say their religion.  Doesn't say it on mine either.  It states my name, City and State, my parents names and the date. It has a seal.  That is it. There is no "long form".  There was no birth announcement in the paper though and no one remembers my being born there so it could all be a bunch of lies as a conspiracy created 50 years ago on the off chance I ever run for president.

in your own statement you said it has a stamp! well his does not and nobody signed it either. I also bet yours has a doctors name and signature as mine does. I was also born in the 60's.

1. Moonchild60 profile image76
          Moonchild60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

mmmm...no no doctors name or signature and it was my understanding on a recent program I saw that it did in fact have a stamp...hmmm...

moon it doesn't no raised seal,stamp or signature. it is strange. it really should be over but he refuses, has to make you say hmmmmmm

5. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

Obama IS THE PRESIDENT.

The burden of proof is on the racists who want to claim otherwise.

There is no evidence that he was NOT born in Hawaii. There is plenty of evidence he WAS. NOTHING will ever satisfy the birthers. The group is comprised entirely of nut jobs who aren't gonna vote for an upping minority.

In case you haven't noticed, there are more pressing issues.

right away the race card!! is that all you have? nobody can answer a straight simple question of would you spend $2m on stupid attorneys not to show your birth certificate! again he wrote in HIS book that he found it! so why not show it! and as for being president that is even more reason to prove your legit! NOT a single disputing attorney has seen such, just some BS websites that show a certificate of birth that is not even stamped and signed by anybody! yeah that is 10000% proof. no hospital in Hawaii has him being down as born there, the family said 2 different hospitals and you say this is nothing? would your family know what hospital you were born in? other names are registered in these hospitals the day he said he was born but not his? it seems very odd. he claims transparency but refuses to release and spend on this simple request shows he is hiding something!

Did you post a link to the $2,000,000 you claim was spent to defend the president?  smile

Is it free to send an attorney to court? he had 100's of court cases around the country, I guess that is free...right? Trump is the one who said that amount, I do not know how he came up with that exact number but I'm certain the man knows what he spent and has people telling him. I do not care if it was only 10k it is still ridiculous to not show something you claim in your own book you found and go through this nonsense.

You made the statement Danny, back it up! smile

can not answer a simple question? I asked for proof of a signed and stamped birth certificate did you show first? I did ask first you are responding from my post. I asked many if they would spend money on attorneys to show a simple birth certificate. not one answer! just throwing BS race garbage or he proved it, NOT once did he show the court any papers! have you read the court findings???? using legal ways so he has not shown the court and BERG and the other in California were not shown anything! these attorneys would have dropped it already he is using BS tactics not to show. also please answer if this pastor is racist. I'm very curious. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztgkKmkB3Xk

Sorry, you aren't getting off that easy, Danny.  You started off with the statement about the $2Million.  Either put up your proof or admit you don't have a reliable link!  I'm sorry, but your past statements do not engender confidence in your opinion only.

Apparently, you expect to get by with making bold statements without having to back them up.  Not this time.  Either post a link or hold the Maio!  lol

your the one who can not answer the question I posted first, now you want to dash around like your right! I clearly stated that I'm going on what Donald Trump as stated and I believe this man would not throw a number out without proper knowledge, did you not comprehend that when I wrote it? also it is obvious that to send an attorney to court costs money! is this free? I also stated that I do not care if it was only 10K why go through all that if you can show it. He claims in his book he found his birth certificate. The court cases were dismissed not because of evidence but because of loopholes from the attorneys! these are facts look up the court cases. so again something sooooo simple and this man refuses to show definitely does not look good! he should practice what he speaks!

And oh yeah, Palin is pregnant with Trump's baby!  At least that's what someone said somewhere, but don't ask me to prove it!  How's that?  Enough info for you.  lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Your=this is "your" opinion!

You're=You are("you're") having a bad day!

This is a writer's site, Danny.  Learn the difference in these two words if you can.  I don't want visitors to think we are all illiterate here.

Do you have your birth certificate?  I don't have the faintest idea where mine is. So I guess I'll never be president although I'm a citizen and served in the U.S. Army.

I do have mine. again why can you not answer my question? also if you do not have yours there is a record in the hospital or if your very old then they can go by other things as if you were in the military and some other ways. how did you get social security? again if you have your birth certificate would you spend 2m to fight to not show it and have men in the military asking for it, millions of people who should be important want to see it. what would you do? also you know he was in a Indonesian school and name was changed? these are all legit reasons also. and you can look it up the cases in court were stopped but not by EVIDENCE findings! which means he did not prove to the court. they found a loop hole.

$2,000,000 Trump says?  lol lol lol  What an effing joke! lol

Are you seriously thinking the president is going to leave office because of assertions by wackos concerning his birth certificate?  lol  Yep, you are the type Trump and Palin depend on to buy their line of garbage!  You and OILY both  lol

yeah, trump is a joke. are you smarter or richer than him???

I effing doubt it! who said the president is leaving office???? he sends lawyers that cost money! you really have a problem comprehending don't you? You are the type to buy and drink the koolaide of the socialist party! is this how you avoid commonsense simple questions? either say race, do not answer or change subject when clueless. great..your brilliant! still no simple answer from anyone! before calling people jokes you should look in the mirror.

Where did the $2 million figure come from? I don't recall seeing it anywhere. Anyway, it's not hard to run up a couple of million in legal fees these days.

it is hard to run up 2m? at 500 an hour and multiple lawsuits are you kidding?

Big time lawyers charge significantly more than $500 an hour. Anyway, I'm waiting to hear the source of the $2 million figure.

Here's something on the figure. It seems to have come from the birthers themselves.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/01 … legal-bill

So the figure is an anal extraction. (That is, you pulled it out of your @$$.)

3. Jeff Berndt profile image74

"nobody can answer a straight simple question of would you spend $2m on stupid attorneys not to show your birth certificate! "
        And you can't seem to answer a straight question of how do you know Obama spent even one dollar on this issue, let alone $2M?

No proof is good enough for you when you like the unsubstantiated accusation. Why isn't actual proof good enough for you when you don't like the fact?

where is the actual proof? I also guess attorneys are free to fight lawsuits? it doesn't cost anything ...is that correct? FREE? According to even fact check which is BS because I truly doubt the United States would let a web company verify the presidents certificate of live birth. How come Obama is fighting in court to show the court his official which your factcheck had stated the state of Hawaii has? Not one court case was dismissed on evidence! just on legality. If you have nothing to hide why fight? If that is not a legitimate question then you are the one who has a problem! Not one of you obamabots can answer a question, just shoot racism, deflect simple questions and twist. In his own book he stated he found his Birth certificate. I think he was Probably born here but to fight this instead of being transparent to not show it tells me he is hiding something! it is not my fault that you do not have commonsense to see all the doubts of millions of people because he refuses to be transparent! if he did not have anything to hide this would not be going on for years. I guess millions of people including lawyers, doctors and scholars have questions but everyone of them are stupid and your the smart one...right? it is very simple show the long form in court and it is over!

$2 million Danny, not twisting are you?

like I stated but you obamabots can not comprehend, who cares if it is 20m or 10k to have attorneys go to court and get this dismissed without showing the court evidence and getting dismissed on legal issues just makes this very obvious that he is hiding something! not one of you bots would answer a simple question and you do not have a reasonable response so you twist and divert from the real question. you give ridiculous excuses ...he doesn't have to show, if he was white (which he is half white) you wouldn't be saying this etc... the media says 51% of the republican party believes something is not right with this and then they say,to make it seem small 11% of the population thinks this way, well if 51% of Republicans think that and like 40% of the population is republican how is this 11%? I'm a registered democrat and know a lot other dems who believe he is hiding something to simply not show or release his long-form then that number is even much greater then 11%. even if 11% do not believe that is millions of people! why would someone who holds the highest seat in American want to not put this to bed?

"where is the actual proof?"
            Of the $2M Obama spent? Nowhere at all; you haven't shown any. Not even a link to a partisan blog, which might have had a legitimate source of some kind, anyway. But nope, you got nothing.

Or were you talking about the proof of Obama's birth? Many people, myself included, have linked to that, many times. But the birthers are either unable to process the information or else wilfully denying that it exists.

I don't really care which it is. Both are bad; evidence of either stupidity or mendacity.

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

There is an actual birther website: http://www.birthers.org/

Among the relevant facts revealed: Chester Arthur was not a U.S. citizen!!!

Oly, why did you not protest this outrage?  I know you were only in your 20's at the time, but still you could have done something!!

Why oh why did you let us all suffer needlessly under the Arthur regime's tyranny? mad

Pipe down Fester

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

You'd rather hear from "thing"?

7. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

It's pretty easy to order one, though - if you know where you were born.  We did that for one of my kids when the copy we originally had was lost.  It was really only the mildest of hassles to do so.

8. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

http://defendourfreedoms.net/2010/09/18 … ayahu.aspx

“Anybody who does not take Obama’s word at face value will be harassed by brownshirts like Rachel Maddow,” said Taitz.
    Among those requesting her online friendship, Taitz said, are House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA), Rep. Mary Bono (R-CA), and Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele. She has even received a request, she said, from someone saying they are Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “I personally checked [the request] and determined that it came from his office,” Taitz said."

9. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

How can something as simple as showing a birth certificate in order to run for president left out in the "Things we need to know about the candidate prerequisites."

Seriously somebody goofed. That should be one of the first things they asked for, and become public record, for all to see. How hard is that to do.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama's birth certificate was made public almost three years ago.  It's a fact. 

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 … e_usa.html

10. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

another good source
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … rtificate/

But I think most birthers will never believe it, simply because they don't want to.

11. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Here's some more on the topic:

Obama Conspiracy Theories

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/

I don't know why we're wasting our time on this b.s.

12. lovemychris profile image77

Here is Wayne Madsen:
    "Madsen has some twenty years experience in security issues. As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation. Madsen was a Senior Fellow for the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a privacy public advocacy organization.

Madsen is a member of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) and the National Press Club."

He says it is Netanyahu putting pressure on Obama because he wants Obama to allow more settlements, and he wants Obama to attack Iran. He says Netanyahu is the one who sent Orly Taitz here, to get this "Birther" thing going...she is a Russian Jew. Her husband is into some murky dealings here in USA..they were "set-up" on a blind date, and she moved here to be with him. S H A D Y.

http://defendourfreedoms.net/categories/AIPAC.aspx

13. lovemychris profile image77

Her husband, involved in "Octopus". google it!

http://web.me.com/donnicoloff/directlig … ic%22.html

Here is the web-site on Octopus. This is high-level operatives here....this is something way beyond a simple birth certificate.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/octopus.htm

14. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

Sarah Palin also claimed "it was time to stand by North Korean allies", that Africa is a single country and that the earth is less than 10,000 years old.

Should we really be holding up what she says as important? I'd rather take my views from my pet hamster.

the president said we had 57 states does that make him unbelievable???

You said he spent $2 million dollars, does that make you unbelievable?

well we know for sure there is not 57 states, can you prove he didn't spend that?????? lets see this response!

Are you seriously suggesting that the President doesn't know there are only 47 states in the union?

It's not up to me to prove the unprovable, you made the claim therefore it is up to you to prove it.
            Sorry, but that's the way it works.
            And any accusation of twisting will be taken as proof that your claims are totally without foundation

I would not expect you to give a viable answer. thanks again.

What do you mean? It's a perfectly viable answer.

To reiterate, you asked me if I would spend $2 million and I asked for proof that $2 million had been spent.

Do stop twisting.

you can not answer a simple question? wow really shows you have no real answer. we will try another way even though we know it costs money to send attorneys to court to get things dismissed. Lets say it will cost you 1M to fight showing your birth certificate(long-form) would you being the holder of the highest office in the nation spend that money or just show what you admitted you have? there It is a hypothetical question, can you answer that big guy?

Yes I can answer a simple question and I have. Show me the evidence, don't expect me to take part in a hypothetical debate.

2. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's a difference between a slip of the tongue and not knowing enough to be able to get something right.

There's also a difference between a slip of the tongue and geniunely believing something wrong.

Do you genuinely think that Palin is worth gaining a view point from or are to looking to bash Obama. Bashing Obama's fine, but don't get into bed with an absolute fool to do it.

yeah only obama makes slips of the tongue.

15. lovemychris profile image77

Danny, Oly and the like....
    I can be an a-hole, but I really am most concerned for the truth, and the good of my country and humanity at large.
    I care not a whit what Obama's pecadillo's are---until Buscho is brought to Justice, I can't even think about BO.

But---if you go here:

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

Scroll to the bottom, there is something called The Obama Files.

You may get some answers to your nagging feelings there. IF you believe this guy, that is.

16. Reality Bytes profile image73
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

Historians are still discussing the birthplace of Chester Arthur.  Them darn racists lol.

http://articles.boston.com/2009-08-17/n … -president

FAIRFIELD, Vt. - Finding the birthplace of President Chester A. Arthur is easy: Turn left at Town Hall and its Chester A. Arthur Conference Room, go past Chester’s Bakery, and turn right on Chester A. Arthur Road.

Nearly 5 miles up the winding two-lane country road, past rolling hills and dairy farms, is the tiny Chester A. Arthur Historic Site, proclaiming the spot where the nation’s 21st president was born in a cottage.

Or was he?

Nearly 123 years after his death, doubts about his US citizenship linger, thanks to lack of documentation and a political foe’s assertion that Arthur was really born in Canada - and was therefore ineligible for the White House, where he served from 1881 to 1885.

Very interesting historical context, Reality Bytes.
      Are there really people out there still digging into Chester A. Arthur's birthplace?

You know, President Kennedy was born in a house. The house is in Brookline, Massachusettes, I believe.
      Therefore, there would be no hospital record.
      Is it possible that those rascally Kennedys are covering something up? Maybe he was not born in the United States???
      Inquiring minds now have doubts lol lol

1. Reality Bytes profile image73
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that the current controversy has resurrected the old.smile

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32440943/ns … _politics/

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing.  That was really interesting!

Wasn't it, though?
            Do you think that's where the current crop of birthers got the idea?
            The scary thing is that when someone makes a claim it takes on a life of its own. It becomes the accusee's responsibility to prove it false. Unlike in our courts, where it is the prosecution's job to prove guilt, not the defendant's job to prove innocence.
            The court of public opinion doesn't work that way....
            One good smear (Swiftboaters, anyone?) is all it takes.....
            roll

17. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

As for Trump...
    Just this morning on CNN they put Trump's claims about Obama's grandmother stating "emphatically" that Barack was born in Kenya through the "FACT-O-METER."
    It came up as FALSE.

I agree with those who see this as a ploy to discredit detractors. Boy are they gonna look ridiculous WHEN Obama picks his moment to prove them wrong.

Why isn't Trump focusing on what he CAN do for the country?
    Given how unhappy the TP base is with the budget compromise, he could really score points by offering some FINANCIAL wisdom instead of this birther bullsh$t.

And Palin's star is falling rapidly. Not that she ever had anything original to bring to the discussion....

18. Mighty Mom profile image77

Well this is confusing.
    Here's what came up when I clicked into the link.
    "By Alex Singleton Politics Last updated: March 11th, 2010"

And even then the article is not the same article that you originally posted referencing Gordon Brown.

Ok, we get the point. Some columnist in Britain is po'd that Obama is talking to Argentina.
    Alex Singleton is entitled to his opinion. Just like everybody else.

I would like to hear from some UK hubbers what the Telegraph is all about. It appears to be an all-purpose paper with a heavy does of entertainment over news.
    John Holden, et al? Can you tell us Yanks if this newspaper is the UK equivalent of the National Enquirer, The New York Post, or what???

19. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

Hi MM, the Daily Telegraph or Torygraph as it is often known, is probably closer to the National Enquirer than the NYT.
    It likes scare stories, the more sex, the better, but all done in a very po-faced way.

It isn't the sort of paper with a drifting readership, those who read it tend not to read a lot else, those who don't read it regularly tend not to read it at all.

Much too right wing for my taste.

20. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Hey guys, tune in to the Rush Limbaugh radio show this week.  He'll have Donald Trump on and it should be great fun for you. 

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/happy/thumbs-up.gif

21. lovemychris profile image77

Fun like having a tooth extracted.

"Obama is a jerk."
    "I told you that years ago."
    "He's ruining America."
    "Well, he wasn't even born here, so what do you expect?"
    "When will he force us to pray 5 times a day?"
    "When does the mask come of, and the turban come on?"

"The hard-working Americans want everybody to pull themselves up by their Dolce and Gabbana's!"
    "Just look at us!"
    "How'd you work your way up?"
    "I was born into wealth, and you?"
    "My grandfather owned the radio-station where I started."

Audience callers: "You two rock!"
    "Obama doesn't know how easy he had it!"
    "Yeah--he got everything from Affirmative Action!"

OWWWW, that tooth hurts coming out!!!

You forgot subsidized, public housing...

Subsidized public housing -- where do I sign up for that??? I want mine. I'm ENTITLED, dontcha know!!!

22. Mighty Mom profile image77

Doesn't get any plainer than this.

From today's Washington Post "The Fact Checker"

Posted at 06:00 AM ET, 04/12/2011
    More ‘birther’ nonsense from Donald Trump and Sarah Palin
    By Glenn Kessler

“I just say very simply, why doesn’t he show his birth certificate? Why has he spent over $2 million in legal fees to keep this quiet and to keep this silent?”

— Donald Trump, April 10, 2011

“More power to him [Trump]. He’s not just throwing stones from the sidelines, he’s digging in, he’s paying for researchers to find out why President Obama would have spent $2 million to not show his birth certificate.”

— Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, April 9, 2011

The controversy over the circumstances of President Obama’s birth has erupted once again, courtesy of Donald Trump’s sudden desire to test the presidential waters. He has appeared on numerous television shows and written a letter to the editor of the New York Times, spouting all sorts of Four-Pinocchio innuendo that had long ago been debunked by my colleagues at PolitiFact and FactCheck.org. Their fine work does not need to be repeated, and below we provide links to their articles to address many of the issues Trump has raised.

The charge that Obama has spent $2 million to keep this issue quiet is a relatively new one. (Trump has also said Obama spent “millions of dollars trying to get away from this.”) Sarah Palin also echoed the claim over the weekend when she congratulated Trump for hiring investigators to look into this issue.

(Note to the former governor: The Fact Checker dealt with The Donald in a previous life as a financial reporter for New York Newsday. We wouldn’t bet he has actually hired anyone unless he presented us with the canceled check.)

Let’s examine this latest claim about Obama and his circumstances of his birth.

The Facts
    Barack Hussein Obama II was born on Aug. 4, 1961, at 7:24 p.m. in Honolulu. His parents were Stanley Ann Dunham and Barack Hussein Obama. The birth was reported by the state’s two main newspapers about a week or so later, based on information received from the State Department of Health, as thus: “Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Highway, son, Aug. 4.”

The above information is extremely controversial to some people, though it requires a highly imagined sense of conspiracy to believe fake birth notices would be placed in newspapers decades ago on the extremely unlikely possibility that the baby would become president of the United States.

Although the Obama presidential campaign posted on its Web site a copy of the birth certificate that would be good enough for him to get a passport (it includes an embosed seal and official signature), the myth persists that he has never produced the actual birth certificate — i.e., the original document held in the state’s files. Generally, however, you don’t get that kind of document when you request a copy of your birth certificate, since birth certificates evolve over time.

A state official has stated that such a document exists, and Obama appears to believe that there is no need to give in to conspiracy theorists by requesting its release. (A more cynical view might be that the president thinks the controversy helps rev up his base and has the added benefit of tying the Republican Party to an extreme right-wing fringe that would never be satisfied with any document that was released.)

So the basic premise of Trump’s question is absurd. Obama has produced a birth certificate — one that would be accepted by the State Department and any court in the land. No legal entity would require the actual original certificate as proof of citizenship. But where does the claim of $2 million come from?

Trump’s office provided this e-mailed answer from The Donald: “It is well known in legal circles that this is the kind of time they are spending on the issue. Isn’t it a shame when all he has to do is produce his birth certificate, which he has not done.”

(Palin’s office did not respond to two requests asking where she got the $2 million figure.)

We don’t think The Donald actually heard this in “legal circles.” Instead, $2 million is a figure that has been promoted by World Net Daily, a conservative Web site that has tried its best to fan the flames of the birther movement. In a number of articles, it has speculated that all of the legal fees spent by the Obama campaign since the election have been devoted to defending the president against a series of lawsuits concerning the certificate — all of which have been ultimately dismissed as frivolous.

According to Federal Election Commission filings, since January 2009 those legal fees total $2 million.

The filings do not break out exactly how much was spent on the lawsuits and Obama campaign officials decline to engage in “birther” questions. But it’s pretty clear that the bulk of the legal spending was devoted to other matters, such as winding down the campaign and defending against FEC investigations into the financing of Obama’s presidential bid. John McCain’s campaign, which did not raise nearly as much money as Obama, has spent $1.3 million on legal fees since the election, according to an article last month in Roll Call.

Also, it seems a bit strange to criticize Obama for spending money to defend himself against lawsuits that have no legal merit. Palin should have sympathy for his position. She said she resigned her governorship because she ran up $500,000 in debt defending herself against what she called frivolous claims.

“You can file a frivolous ethics charge, and many were filed against me, and I won all of them, but it doesn’t cost the person who is filing them anything. They can just make something up, and in fact they did make a lot of things up,” she said on Mark Levin’s syndicated tadio show in 2009. “So it was over half a million dollars in legal fees that I was accumulating to defend against frivolous lawsuits that were getting thrown out one by one.”

The Pinocchio Test
    There will always be cranks, conspiracy freaks and fringe operators in our political system. It is certainly important to raise questions that have not been fully addressed. But it is bizarre to see two possible presidential candidates give support to absurd and false claims that have been debunked time and time again.

Four Pinocchios

Four Pinocchios = WHOPPERS

Other ‘Birther’ myths debunked
    In his letter to the New York Times, Trump raised other questions that have already been answered by either PolitiCact or FactCheck.org. The New York Times did not provide an annotated guide to this hooey, so here are the relevant links.

“His grandmother from Kenya stated, on tape, that he was born in Kenya and she was there to watch the birth.” False: On the tape, there was initial misunderstanding but then she said he was born in Hawaii.

“His family in Honolulu is fighting over which hospital in Hawaii he was born in — they just don’t know.” Another myth with no basis in fact.

“He has not been able to produce a ‘birth certificate’ but merely a totally unsigned ‘certificate of live birth’ — which is totally different and of very little significance.” Wrong: It is signed and has full legal significance.

“There are no records in Hawaii that a Barack Hussein Obama was born there.” Wrong again, there is plenty of evidence.

“As far as the two notices placed in newspapers, many things could have happened, but some feel the grandparents put an ad in order to show that he was a citizen of the U.S.” Oops, the information was provided by the State Department of Health — not the grandparents.

Follow The Fact Checker on Twitter and friend us on Facebook

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This will test the theory that they won't believe it no matter what...
      ....and I know that feeling.

We have done nothing about Bushco, and it's been 10 years. I guess you Baggers will just have to get in line.

23. dingdondingdon profile image61
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

"In 2008, the Obama campaign released his birth certificate, certified by the Hawaii Department of Health, and posted a scanned image of it online. The posted certificate states. The certificate also states, "This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding". Frequent arguments of those questioning Obama's eligibility are that he has not released a photocopy of his "original" or "long form" birth certificate, but rather a redacted "short form" version. It has also been claimed that the use of the term "certification of live birth" on the document means it is not equivalent to one's "birth certificate". These arguments have been debunked numerous times by media investigations, every judicial forum that has addressed the matter, and Hawaiian government officials—a consensus of whom have concluded that the certificate released by the Obama campaign is indeed his official birth certificate."

That was in 2008, so can we drop this now.

24. lovemychris profile image77

Obama Derangement Syndrome.

25. NateSean profile image65
    NateSeanposted 13 years ago

I have a rat's pink hairless ass right here. And strangely enough, I'm not willing to give it up in exchange for what Palin thinks about anything or anyone.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And yet you think we care what you think.

Hmmmmmmmm, you should see a physician about your ass problem.

1. NateSean profile image65
        NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what this we business is. Do you suffer from MPD now? Got to admit, that would be a good way to capitalize on hub...

"I don't know what this we business is."

I know that you don't.

26. Mighty Mom profile image77

What ass problem?
    Unless you are talking about NateSean's rat's hairless derrierre?

Uhhhh, yeah.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)