What part of the Bible is a fact?

Jump to Last Post 151-200 of 205 discussions (840 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

A-1 steak sauce does help...

2. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

she did blaspheme a lot.  A dirty fiend for it i tell ya.  One good thing about catholic girls.

3. profile image0

So, then potatoes would be a good bet...

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Spaghetti would be more appropriate, theologically speaking.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, but it is expected to be on the menu, so, ...

4. Bovine Currency profile image60

I am starting to think deborah is not really a professional writer.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You think? Deary me.

We all saw the cut and pasted garbage she added - now she accuses me of plagiarism because I quoted a standard argument in favor of god's existence,  which is this:

"absolute truth implies that truth cannot be subject to one's own mind, but is rather established by an absolute and common Creator, therefore proving God's existence. If there is no absolute truth, it cannot be absolutely held true that God does not exist.”

5. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

I have read many of your replies and what you think of the Bible...yet you are the one's who are so disgraced with gay/lesbian marriages because of the "traditional-what God states is a Sin" (not worded that way, but in so many words from different hubbers)type of marriage.

Interesting...hmm

Personally, I believe everyone has their own personal interpretation of the Bible and 1 book that should be read, is the Book of Daniel.

1. caravalhophoto profile image60
      caravalhophotoposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I say again, the day these guys stop eating pork, I shall start to listen smile

1. Sa Toya profile image84
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't eat pork.Period, but I'm not sure if I qualify as one of 'these guys'?

6. Bovine Currency profile image60

Oh, you're right Deborah, I do apologise.  I hope you can excuse me, I got lost in the seemingly infinite quote requote sequence attacking me for a dozen or so pages.  So you never claimed to be a professional, fair enough.  It was Mark whom made the professional remark... Makes sense now.  Well, in light of that, I do apologise but nonetheless, could you just drop the charade.  It still stands, quoting is not stealing.  Any high school student could explain it to you so I won't bother.

1. Bovine Currency profile image60
      Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're wrong on this. Quotes too have to have a credit and/or a back link.

So - it is OK that you steal then? And when I use a quote. I need to add a backlink to the unknown author.

"Absolute truth implies that truth cannot be subject to one's own mind, but is rather established by an absolute and common Creator, therefore proving God's existence. If there is no absolute truth, it cannot be absolutely held true that God does not exist."  unknown

But - It is OK that you steal other people's work and use an entire webpage with a copyright notice on it?

Thief.

Where does it say this?

Hubpages policy?  If hubpages policy, then you have also committed the same fault as what you accuse MK.  As far as copyright law goes, I know I am right.

In fact, I am right either way because if it was hubpages policy, I am almost certain this would have been dealt with by now.  If this in fact was hubpages policy, it would surely be hard to police because a) people make mistakes and b) it would just be damn hard!

I will be suprised if you gain any fruit out of this.

1. profile image0

When do I need to cite?

Whenever you borrow words or ideas, you need to acknowledge their source. The following situations almost always require citation:

1. whenever you use quotes
                   2. whenever you paraphrase
                   3. whenever you use an idea that someone else has already expressed
                   4. whenever you make specific reference to the work of another
                   5. whenever someone else's work has been critical in developing your own ideas.
                http://www.plagiarism.org/

7. profile image0

Yes, religions are real in that they exist.

8. ecoggins profile image91
    ecogginsposted 14 years ago

It is a tragedy to me when people conclude that Christianity is a religion that draws attention away from the here and now. What is there about loving your neighbor as yourself that is not concerned with the hear and now? What is there about a man loving his wife in a sacrificial way that is not concerned with the here and now? What is there about Jesus reaching out to outcasts and misfits that the pretty people walked on that is not an example for the hear and now? Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to promote the best possible life for all and to show us how to help each other so that everyone could live the abundant life together - today in the here and now. Jesus lifted the value of everyone around him including women, children, the poor, and the disabled. Seems we can use more of that in the hear and now.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

And Jesus didn't spend his time on forums debating single-liners from the Scriptures with people who don't believe in any case; in other words "Christlike" may not be the best term, speaking literally, for some of our fellow hubbers smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The net didn't exist in his times but he would debate. smile

What? When was it invented??? (Actually, I liked SirDent's response; funny; I am not a Bible literalist like him, but he has some of the most soberly written responses out there often)

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's quite a compliment. I don't deserve it really. I need to find someone to insult.

Well, it seems rare to find someone who is clearly a Christian in the "normal" sense of the term who can give a little, and not simply shout you down. ValerieF. tends to give thoughtful answers (that I don't usually agree with) too, in general -- I mean, if you have a position, you should be able to defend it right?

1. profile image0

It is not my job to defend my position. It is my job to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. wink

1. profile image53
                  (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, it isn't. No one has the right to force their agendas on others. Clearly, you have absolutely no respect for anyone if you do so. What's worse is that you propagate the "Us vs. Them" mentality and wish to further the conquest of intelligence and replace it with ignorance. Bigotry and hatred are your guiding elements as can easily be found in your scriptures. You sicken mankind with the disease of indoctrination and obedience to the invisible and undetectable, with only giving thought to your own selfish ideals.

1. profile image0
                    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that's your tolerance.

2. profile image0

If I put a gun to your head and said, "Serve Christ or die," then I would be forcing. Of course the way you see it in your post, you likewise are forcing your belief or non-belief.

Stop being a hypocrite.

2. profile image0

You are right. He didn't spend time in debates.

What He did do is read the hearts of those around Him. The pharisees many times tried to trap Him. He always discerned their motives and thoughts.

He did spend time in debating, he was a philosopher and didn't go into silence after coming across god.He shared the god knowledge he had as that was his job.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

Seems like an accurate portrayal of what went on (assuming the Gospels are accurate, but of course that is an entirely new debate smile )

Jesus might have done all those things.  JESUS IS DEAD.  Here and now.

Christianity has nothing to do with Jesus Christ.  It is a blaspheme against Christ that the church even exists.

3. profile image0

You're right. Love is the answer and what Christ Like means.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

the bible is a work of art not a fact

1. profile image0

Wow! you must have some kind of high degree to say the Torah, Bible and the Semitic Scrolls are fake. Please tell me more

Was that a hint of arrogant sarcasm?

What sort of 'high degree' could one have to be certain of history?

10. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Once again it is time to say good night.

11. profile image0
    cathinfranceposted 14 years ago

Maybe it's true that Jesus walked on water. I say that because I was once at Loch Fyne in Scotland and saw a long "spit" of land leading out into the water. It was just just just below the surface. Later the same morning I was further down the loch and saw a guy 'walking on the water'. He was quite obviously on the spit of land I'd seen but it was really fun to watch because it looked exactly as if he was walking on the surface of the loch.

12. profile image0
    pmccrayposted 14 years ago

Anyone that attempts to give you a definitive answer is full of baloney.  Man has tampered with the Bible so much that much of it is geared to that party's agenda. 

If you compare the writings from the 1700 to now you'll note much as been changed.  I once read that the Bible disappeared during the dark ages and then re-appeared again in all probability changed quite a bit.  You take of the Bible what you will, it is only a tool used to teach.  Once you understand it you can decipher what is real and what is not.

13. Terri2010 profile image55
    Terri2010posted 14 years ago

The Bible does say:

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture[is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The way I have come to understand it...If God inspired the Bible then only God himself can reveal the truth of scripture to each individual. Therefore the only way you are going to get an accurate answer is to ask God himself, with a true heart desiring to be lead into all truth.  I can't give you what I know and you can't take it away from me.  I can share with you what Christ has done for me in my life, but you have to find it for yourself not letting any man deceive you one way or the other.

One man here said it right, he said if the Bible is true then there is going to be a lot of heart ache in the end.

No matter what you know or don't know, believe or don't believe...there is nothing harmful in asking God to show Himself to you.

P.S.  If you said something and I went to everyone else to find out what you meant, wouldn't you be laughing and saying why didn't you at least attempt to ask me what I meant?

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The bible also says this.

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Better be right! lol

1. profile image0

You so completely misunderstand and misinterpret. You also take everything out of context.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know it is out of context when you do not like it. It's meaning always seems to move away from the literal. smile

LOL

The aggressive religionists who are happy to lie for their religion always seem to be able to put it in context so it means something other than what it says. wink

Not sure how a woman with zero understanding of bronze age living, who would - at best - have been a chattel in the time this book was originally written - can possibly "put it in context."

15. earnestshub profile image80

Mark you may already know that I am you, and so are most other non-believers. smile
    It must be true, the truth told me. smile

I am noticing this. I sure do manage a lot of personas. wink

16. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

The truth hurts wink

Yes it does! lol

17. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

What if Satan inspired the Bible?

1. Jerami profile image60
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe that Satan did certainly corrupt scripture.
      Scripture says that he did. Rev. 12 says that he will/DID do this.  "He cast out of his mouth water as a flood and the earth swallowed it up".  Lies came out of his mouth and the people chose to believe them. Judaism and the Roman attempted to wipe the faith off the face of the earth. They couldn't do it so he decided to destroy it from within.

18. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Here is the bigger picture and facts from Religion, Agriculture, Science and Agriculture and I think they have some other topics meandering throughout these too.  http://www.enotes.com/peoples-chronology/year-antiquity

19. Lady Guinevere profile image66

hhmmm interesting.  Even more interesting the Christians don't even see that ot they ignore that little bit of information.

When we are decieved we are unaware of the fact.
      The deception began with the construction of the universal church that the Roman Empire built. And the particular selection of the letters that is to be included.
        Not so much the ones included but the ones omitted.

20. Lady Guinevere profile image66

I forgot where I read or heard it from but in Egyptian history there is no record of there ever being a Moses.

I have heard both opinions of that issue. ???
      I think that the biggest issue is the prophesy concerning the second coming of Christ. If the Beast that John saw rising up out of the sea (Rev.13) has already risen, it would be imperative for it to convince his followers that the second coming of Christ had not yet occurred. In doing so his identity remains a secret.
         It then becomes necessary to "INTERPRET" All of the end time prophesy, creating confusion. This is the only way that prophesy will be fulfilled.
          Future or past; this is the only way that prophesy can be fulfilled.   
          This is my opinion any way.

2. pay2cEM profile image80
      pay2cEMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not just Moses. The Egyptians have zero records of ANY Hebrew populace, slaves or otherwise, living in Egypt as described in Exodus. A team of Israeli archaeologists recently finished up a painstaking 40-year excavation in the Sinai Penninsula, looking for any sign that a couple million people spent 40 years wandering around in there. They didn't find a single scrap, and finally admitted that all the evidence suggested the Exodus never occurred. It is a piece of literary mythology.

21. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I have to go get busy with daily affairs with my efforts toward making a living but will be checking in. I would love to discuss these last statement in depth. thanks

22. Lady Guinevere profile image66

I did a book report on Reveations way back in High School and how I read it the events that John reported has already happened, not they are going to happen sometime in our future.  Seems to me it was the apocalypse when Satan and his Angles and God and his angles had their disputes over the creation of Man.
    Now with the Moses story- I have also heard the Moses was angry at one of the Slave Owners about how he treated a slave and killed the Slave Owner and got himself ex-communicated from Egypt.  That makes a person bvery angry and as it happened he (Moses) made his own commandments and they were against everything that Egyptian Beliefs were.  If you really look into all that kind of history they really aren't much different then what the belifs were of the Egyptians in the first place.

23. Lady Guinevere profile image66

1312 B.C.: religion
    The Jewish prophet Moses and his brother Aaron lead their Israelite people out of Egypt after 3 centuries of oppression, or so it will say in biblical accounts. The Jews will by these accounts wander in the desert for 40 years with their flocks of sheep before arriving in Canaan, but later archaeologists will find no evidence to support biblical accounts of the Exodus (see 1272 B.C.).
    http://www.enotes.com/peoples-chronology/year-antiquity

24. Jerami profile image60

When it comes to evaluating any kind of evidence in any case, we can see what we want to see and not see the things that we refuse to see.  This is why there are 12 people on a jury.

25. Lady Guinevere profile image66

There should be 13 just in case of a tie.

That is a good idea but I don't think that the truth changes depending upon whether it is recognized as such.
        I was watching a documentary concerning the Hebrew nation in Egypt having something to do with the root for the word "Hebrew" being found in the Egyptian language meaning something along the lines of they being squatters in the land.
         As with everything else if a person is looking for confirmation they can find it. or not if they don't want to.

26. JanSlagell profile image38
    JanSlagellposted 14 years ago

The Bible is all fact. It has stood the test of time, regardless of leaders and rulers doing all they could to destroy its pages, and kill its followers. Historic events (i.e.The fall of the Babolonian Empire, as well as others), scientific principles, and wisdom for daily life are recorded in its pages. Just because the experts cannot find proof, does not mean that an event did not occur. God is not obligated to appear to mankind, just because like a spoiled child demanding a treat from his parent, mankind wants Him to. After all, He is God.

The Bible is God's Word,not just a bunch of fables and stories to read at night. The priciples of faith, genorosity, forgiveness, integrity and morality are found within its pages. It is the foundation on which America was built--hence, "In God we Trust". The Bible also clearly states that "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." As America has turned her back on God,she has ceased to be the great and strong country she once once was. The French philospher Touqeville stated, "America is great because she is good. When she ceases to be good, she will cease to be great."  Should we continue on our present course of destructiion, these words will become more profound.

I find it interesting that as long as there are no national or natural disasters that Americans suddenly start talking about prayer, yet our school children are not allowed to pray in class,and that there are petitions to take the words, "In God we trust" off our money and the 10 Commandments down in our sourts. God is not a genie in a bottle that we can take out when we need His help, but then forget about when everything is going good.

We have allowed liberal thinking and situational ethics to replace the Bible. It is not a book of rules and regulations but rather a book of guidance for living. God is love, but that does not mean He condones choices like abortion, alternte lifestyles, living together and many other practices that are common place today.

He will not be mocked.
    You may question His existence after all, He gave us the freedom of choice, but without His allowing it, you would not exist. You can doubt His goodness, but all He would have to do to destroy the earth, is to stop its rotation or move it closer to the sun. He is the very life of this world and without Him, we are nothing.

LOLOL

Can I mock your ridiculous god now?

Mock, mock, mock.........

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL you don't like reading other books do you?  You love to be told what to think and when to think it and how to think.  You have a brain of your own and yet you don't use it.  Now that is sad.  Who do you think gave you that brain for your own purpose and individuality?

Perhaps you should read the facts:  http://www.enotes.com/peoples-chronology/year-antiquity

27. earnestshub profile image80

Time to hear from the only true god again!

Try not to notice the psychotic threats, they are just more love. smile

When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and occupy, he will clear away many nations ahead of you: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. These seven nations are all more powerful than you.  When the LORD your God hands these nations over to you and you conquer them, you must completely destroy them.  Make no treaties with them and show them no mercy.  Do not intermarry with them, and don't let your daughters and sons marry their sons and daughters.  They will lead your young people away from me to worship other gods.  Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and he will destroy you.   (Deuteronomy 7:1-4 NLT)

Nasty murdering psychotic little god smile

That is the way we still do it up in Ozark Mountains.  Ya don't want to be out walking your property during deer season, two weeks after you kicked your neighbors a--,  or driving past his house on your way to the store to the store if you wuped him real good.

lol I think I made the mistake of driving through there in a new Cadillac once. A frightened local told us we might not be real popular. He was right! smile

28. Jerami profile image60

It musta still been daylight out.  Once it gets dark they woulda let ya figur that out yeurself instead of tellin ya.

lol lol You are a phenomena! You knew that? I guess we were lucky! It was daytime as you suggested! smile

Were you up in the hills where they used to build their roads around the trees instead of cutting them down. There a lot of beautiful scenery out on those county roads. But ya don't want to look at um after dark. 
          Even though I haven't visited for almost 10 years I don't think that it has changed much for as long an I can remember.

fortunately for me we moved to tha city before I reached puberty.

Cool! Yes it was a country road we chose at random as I recall, it was some years ago now.You are correct about the road being built around the trees, and the scenery was spectacular! smile We have em here in the outback too! Rednecks that is smile

One thing that I miss is being out far enough from the city to see the stars. I haven't seen the milky way for ever.
            We see reflections off satellites and MAYBE a couple of stars.

Same here. I can fix that though as you can. In Australia as in America (at least last time I was there) you can drive up to the mountains to see it all again, smile

I think that on your suggestion; I'm goina do it. It will be right after the holidays.
                It's about 600 miles back to the old homeplace. I do wanta see it one more time. My daughter in law used to call it ...
                "The End of The Earth"  I think that it is a little bit farther  than that.

One place I came from is called the something else of the earth locally! Not far wrong! smile

29. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

I know for a fact that paper it's written on is real!

30. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Some things that are on that site:

1352 B.C.: religionMonotheism is introduced by the Egyptian pharaoh Amenhotep IV, who changes his name to Ikhnaton (Akhenaten or Akhnaton), meaning "Aten is satisfied" (or "beneficial to the disk"). The king establishes a new cult that worships the sun god (or solar disk) Aten, and he opposes the priests of Amen, possi...bly due to the influence of his beautiful wife, Nefertiti.

1312 B.C.: religion
    The Jewish prophet Moses and his brother Aaron lead their Israelite people out of Egypt after 3 centuries of oppression, or so it will say in biblical accounts. The Jews will by these accounts wander in the desert for 40 years with their flocks of sheep before arriving in Canaan, but later archaeologists will find no evidence to support biblical accounts of the Exodus (see 1272 B.C.).

1000 B.C.: environment
    Chinese farmers cut down forests to create more agricultural land. The deforestation will lead to soil erosion, floods, and drought in millennia to come.

31. Lady Guinevere profile image66

961 B.C.: architecture, real estate
    The Great Temple of Jerusalem goes up to house the sacred ark of Yahweh in the onetime Jebusite stronghold captured by David (see 1141 B.C.). David had by biblical accounts proposed construction of the temple earlier, but the prophet Nathan had thwarted him (see 586 B.C.).

The new Judean king Solomon will by biblical accounts build a new royal palace and city wall at Jerusalem, using forced labor to erect buildings throughout his realm and introducing taxation to finance his projects.

Now what kind of reaction will this cause in the years to come from FORCED LABOR and TAXATION of the people?

32. profile image0
    jcmmanuelposted 14 years ago

All accounts / stories embedded in it should basically be seen as 'factual accounts'. Even parables reflect something factual - a truth that had to be communicated at that time, using a symbolism taken from the local environment of Palestine at that time.

33. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I've been seeking... but I didn't find anything worthwhile

34. RKHenry profile image62
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

The parting of the red sea.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Imagined? Never happen.

35. profile image49
    vanessagrposted 14 years ago

Every word of the Bible is true, as it is with Greek and Roman mythology.  I think the coolest thing is Aphrodite was conceived when Cronus threw Uranus' genitalia into the sea, and she rose from the foam.  I know that's true as well as the Adam and Eve rib story.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mythology in and of itself isn't real. smile

36. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

Oh and the copyright notice at the front...

And the content page.

See, quite a lot is fact really.

Haha.

lol

37. tantrum profile image60

The whole Bible is a fact.
    Full of inaccuracies inside.

38. earnestshub profile image80

The bible is 100% true. It was written, it does exist.

It is also one of the most psychologically naive pieces of bulldust that has ever been pushed on a gullible public of semi literates. smile

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earn:
      Yayyyyy! Standing ovation my Aussie friend!  :-) (did I spell Aussie right? lol)..I know I should have said "mate" to be 'culturally correct...:-)

1. VacationAustralia profile image68
        VacationAustraliaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

G'Day quark me old mate! How we goin?

I can speak a bit of Okka. I have some of it in my Australian stories. Thanks for the standup! smile

39. profile image53
    (Q)posted 14 years ago

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel."

Thomas Paine

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yourself included I presume.

1. profile image53

Oh yes, I also detest cruelty. Don't you?

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes and you made my list. smile

1. profile image53

Wow, you spent you the whole night thinking up that insult, well done.

I liked her answer, contemplate on it.

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't detest it.
      I find it very interesting.
      How come a lot of people believe all those stories,written by different men during a very long period of time and translated from more than 3 different languages?

That would seem impossible wouldn't it? The answer is indoctrination I think. smile

1. tantrum profile image60

No comments.
          Some people will feel offended, maybe.

Geeze! That would be a unique experience! Not! smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmmmmmmm, bacon
      Homer Simpson

40. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Here some facts,

Athiest were written in it.

41. VacationAustralia profile image68
    VacationAustraliaposted 14 years ago

This is another profile I share with another hubber. I forgot who I was for a moment. I will switch back now I have my stats! lol

There ya go! I'm me again! lol

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earn:
        Yer more than welcome mate!
        I believe in givin' credit when credit is due! :-)

You did spell it right by the way! lol

42. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I like your koala face lol

Thanks Misha, Peter made it. Good eh? smileI hope your not comparing it with my rough head? lol

1. agvulpes profile image84
        agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes Misha the same Peter who made you a 'saint' LOL
        How are you going ? cool

43. tantrum profile image60

lol
    A long time!

and if it's an insult, it's only for the poster herself. I think lol

44. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

it's all a fact of course

45. errum fattah profile image60
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

bibble is not true..people have make changes in that bible which God give them..

Did Muhammad see god or did he see an angel?

46. Wealthmadehealthy profile image59
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 14 years ago

It is all fact and if you doubt it, you are not a believer!!

47. earnestshub profile image80

Time for more bible "love"

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
        "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.  (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Note to self.
    I must remember to kill a few of my family for god!

The biggest madness ever believed is the bible.

1. SEO IT! profile image83
      SEO IT!posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree that all the "kill them" stuff is ridicilous and likely not something that God really said - and obviously not exactly quoted and upheld by modern Christians.

The Bible was written by men. It contains a lot of history and wisdom, but reveals a lot of attitudes and beliefs that truly have me scratching my head.

However, I don't believe in God or Jesus just because "the Bible tells me so". I believe because of personal experience -- no flaming bushes or bright lights, mind you -- but spiritual experience, anyway.

The fact that men messed up the Bible does not have to mean everything should be tossed aside as "madness". The Bible has its virtues and is a solid rock for many.

Still, I'm glad my mom didn't kill me any one of those dozens of times I got mouthy as a teenager. But then, that was Jewish law. Christians are supposed to be followers of Christ, who taught forgiveness. Forgiveness is divine -- now THAT is a fact.

Sorry for rambling wink

48. insearchof truth profile image84
    insearchof truthposted 14 years ago

If you are serious about facts, then what you need to do is look at other historical records, and archeological evidence regarding biblical events.  There is plenty about it on the net so just do some research.

As to the spiritual element of the bible, it is like a laser hologram.  Unless it is looked at in the correct light you don't get the image.

Don't get answers off people.  Anyone who thinks they know all the answers is deluding themselves.  Ask God if he is there to answer you questions.  After all he spoke a lot to people in the bible so if it is fact then he can speak to you right?

That is all.

49. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

The Bible is a book... Proven fact.

50. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

Which is more important?
    Fact, or truth?

Truth is a fact.

2. Mikio profile image70
      Mikioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fact is objective, while truth is subjective.  Religions deal with subjective/existential truth, while science describes the universe objectively.  Which is more important?  BOTH.  They are not mutually exclusive.

1. SEO IT! profile image83
        SEO IT!posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great point, Mikio! I completely agree and I wish I'd thought about that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)