Let's write a short story line by line!

Jump to Last Post 201-250 of 436 discussions (534 posts)
  1. KCC Big Country profile image88
    KCC Big Countryposted 10 years ago

my trusty camo backpack and looked around for my gloves.  I really needed gloves for this adventure.  You never know when.............

2. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 10 years ago

when life is going to get a little chilly. It would be nice to take a little break, have that martini and that olive, but the time is running out to...

3. emirzayans profile image55
    emirzayansposted 10 years ago

take control of my destiny.  I can feel that I am meant for something far greater. Wait! I can see the.....

4. emirzayans profile image55

monkies.  It looks as though they are starting a party.  Funny, I never thought that....

5. laringo profile image74
    laringoposted 10 years ago

I would be facing a dilema like this where part of me says to....

6. Jewels profile image85
    Jewelsposted 10 years ago

.....to hell with the monkeys, I have gloves, I can do anything I want.  I took a deep breath and.....

7. profile image54
    ThaFutureposted 10 years ago

Who would garnish my wages like the IRS,

8. profile image54
    ThaFutureposted 10 years ago

Who would garnish my wages like the IRS,

9. Cris A profile image58
    Cris Aposted 10 years ago

But I tossed that IRS thought around as quickly as it came barging in my mind. I'm here for an adventure, no time for worries....so with my gloves I....

10. KCC Big Country profile image88

prepare for my greatest adventure of all.  But first, I need to find something to eat.  You know what sounds pretty good about now?  That's right, a big ole........

11. Cris A profile image58

bowl of Choco Krunch with lots of dried fruit bits! (munch, munch, munch, burp) oh boy oh boy that was good! But I needed to hurry as...

12. KCC Big Country profile image88

I know how fiber usually tears me up.  I really should make sure a bathroom is nearby.  I really should see a doctor about this bowel situation.  Oh well, who has time for such things?!  I have a list a mile long of things I'd like to do.  Let's see, I wonder.....

13. Shalini Kagal profile image60
    Shalini Kagalposted 10 years ago

would Moolin be able to help? What was the use of magic powers if you can't fix a simple thing like a bowel in disarray?

14. Lifebydesign profile image62
    Lifebydesignposted 10 years ago

But irregularity was the least of my problems when I realised Tweety had run off with the gloves. "Had she gone nuts?" I wondered as I..

15. KCC Big Country profile image88

walked along, "what would an Anaconda with no hands do with a pair of gloves!?" This was crazy.  I bet Barbie had something to do with it!  You know, we've had nothing but trouble out of her!  I've had it!  I'm so fed up, I could just...............

16. Jewels profile image85

turn gay and never speak the words Barbie again.  Those homosexual ponderings ran rampant in my head and the thought of gloves other than for the hands............

17. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 10 years ago

....of a monkey who had bad windy pops from spicy food and he began to regret not going to college because he had big.....

18. KCC Big Country profile image88

dreams.  Who can follow their dreams when they're tied to homework?  There is way too much world out there to see!  Speaking of that, I really should be moving along.  I've misplaced my dang cellphone again.  I really should call...........

19. laringo profile image74

The British Secret Intelligence Service and see if James Bond is anywhere near these parts to help with the covert activities that seem to be taking place down at the

20. KCC Big Country profile image88

"Love 'em and Leave 'em Bar & Grill".   There seems to be some things going on there that warrant looking into.  This is something I think Jim (he likes it when I call him Jim) should look into.  I think it involves..............

21. laringo profile image74

Jack Bauer who I thought was left for dead. He's with Barbie who has somehow lost one of her legs and needs Dr. House to get her back on her feet again, but.....

22. KCC Big Country profile image88

for some reason Jim isn't answering his phone.  I bet he's got caller ID.  I should have called him from a payphone.  Oh well.   This still isn't something I feel I can tackle alone.  I need reinforcements.  Surely, there is someone in my cellphone I can call in crisis like this.  Wait, I know, I can always rely on ........

23. laringo profile image74

MacGyver, who with that trusty knife of his could figure out anything in a life or death situation, but first I had to make sure my phone hadn't been bugged because...

24. KCC Big Country profile image88

I keep hearing a clicking noise in my phone.  Mac (he likes it when I call him that) will certainly know what to do!   But, Mac and I go way back. He'll remember our special code language.  We created it that time when we were ..............

25. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 10 years ago

....Lost on hubpages for a few months stirring tides perennial, even if mistaken, transient or given to obtuse definitions of the flow of water; never too attentive, certainly.  Mac and I had a goony code word:  'Desiderata.'

I decided I would text him on the lost cell phone, then....round up Barbie, Dr. House and Jim and we'd continue on into the jungle...

26. Jewels profile image85

The pungent smell of leopard sweat and rotting mangos sated my desperate need for food.  I'd left my How to Survive in the Jungle handbook in my backpack.  Why did I get distracted by Barbies legless dilemma and leave my backpack with........

27. vintage chic profile image68
    vintage chicposted 10 years ago

Barbie's little sister Skipper, who knew legless Barbie would be searching for her lipgloss in the backpack..

28. waynet profile image70

That had little baked bean friends of jesus within and all the tomato sauce had dried because of that stupid fat...

29. emirzayans profile image55

lazy monkey had left my bloody bag open.  Luckly I had my trusty gun by my side, because I thought I would.....

30. KCC Big Country profile image88

fire a couple of rounds into the air to see if I could gain myself a little attention from the nearby village.  It could work.   Or maybe.....

31. vintage chic profile image68
    vintage chicposted 10 years ago

Yes! I am seeing correctly. GI Joe is here! Apparently, he has been living in the jungle for quite sometime, still recovering from the fact that Barbie chose Ken over him..

32. Cris A profile image58

So I decided never to mess with Barbie again. So down the jungly path I headed to where GI Joe lay sunbathing amidst the ferns and mossy rocks. Just when I was about to holler his name, actually I did make it to "G", something got me distracted. Oh no! It's...

33. C.A. Hubberpants profile image61
    C.A. Hubberpantsposted 10 years ago

FABIO! And he's basking in the sun with GI Joe which caused me to wonder...is this where aging, usless Harlequin cover models retire? Turning to get away from this site, I heard...

34. Cris A profile image58

scuffling from behind me and so I turned like I have never turned before and I beheld the vision of George Hamilton in all his tanned glory! And that just about broke the camel's back and so this camel ran and ran and ran until...

35. C.A. Hubberpants profile image61

he finally caught up with me and forced me to eat one of his toasty chips that are crispy toasty just like him, then I fled again, running as I've never run before, and I ran and ran until...l

36. Shalini Kagal profile image60

...reached the restaurant at the end of the Universe....now do I hitchhike or take the train I wondered?

37. waynet profile image70

Taking the train it is then, but it crashed and split into two or three carriages leaving a trail of destruction on my work desk....maybe it was the...

1. vintage chic profile image68
      vintage chicposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jolly Green Giant!

38. Shalini Kagal profile image60

...if so, he might be walking the earth with guns - loaded with pellets of corn niblets or frozen peas - I felt green disaster looming over me...

39. Cris A profile image58

But i dispelled the thought altogether thinking he wouldn't be called the JOLLY Green Giant for nothing. So summoning all the strength and daring I juiced up from Fabio, er, the chips I decided to face him. He looked like..

40. C.A. Hubberpants profile image61

...he had gas or something, so, in fear of a looming jolly green fart attack, I...

41. Pam Roberson profile image71
    Pam Robersonposted 10 years ago

RAN, but there was an assault of corn nibblets blasting from his gun and  hitting me in the back and my exit was instantly blocked by...

42. Cris A profile image58

could it be?! a Hubber?! as I was running towards the familiar face I've seen many times in the Forums, I felt realization setting in and I slowed down to skipping and hopping, corn pellets be damned! And I was right, it was indeed....

43. C.A. Hubberpants profile image61

LGALI, who said, "Nice pellets," but there was another hubber standing behind her who looked very familiar, yes, yes, it was...

44. Cris A profile image58

G-Ma Johnson who said "Hugs & Peace" and drew something in the air with her index finger which definitely appeared to be like  :0) suddenly my fear abated for I'm sure no harm would befall me...that is until I saw another Hubber. It was...

45. Pam Roberson profile image71

Christoph Reilly's alter ego Swifty the Agent, a man known to break the knees of men who cross himand makes women swoon whether they want to or not and turns everything into a written contract that can't be broken even with the best lawyers in the world...I had no clue which way to turn until I saw...

46. Cris A profile image58

Lady Guinevere descending from the clouds. Yes! Surely she could outtalk, outdebate and definitely out-quote Christoph! I heaved a big sigh of relief for surely LG could take care of Christoph for me. But the beginnings of a smile on my face turned into a full blown smirk when I saw....

47. Pam Roberson profile image71

CA Hubberpants poking at the Jolly Green Giant's behind with her pimp cane  trying to provoke him into shooting some corn nibblets into her mouth...what a crazy woman. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and with a ninja like turn, I saw...

48. Cris A profile image58

C.C. Riter who, before I could utter a word, said "the Culcinea is just yonder those rocks if you want to leave this swampy place, come aboard." I sad yes but immediately took it back for behind him I saw...

49. C.A. Hubberpants profile image61

...a chupacabra that somehow made its' way here from goldentoad's house, so I started looking for help, backup, someone who knows how to deal with the wrath of a chupacabra, when finally I spotted...

50. Cris A profile image58

a posse of vibin' and chillin' homies! Of course...air dummies! They probably stealthed Candyass and her pimp cane to the swamps. So I hollered, "yo wazzup dummies?!" they turned and lifted their flowy cheetah print hoods and pointed to the West. I looked and there stood, framed by the glorious red backdrop made by the setting sun,...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)