WOW! #1 on google search in 13 minutes!

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

HubPages rocks!  I published an article on HP this morning and it was listed as #1 on Google in a generic search in only 13 minutes.  Usually I watch it climb slowly for a few days or weeks.  I'm as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine!

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good deal! Must be good.

Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apparently, Google uses past success of a writer in ranking the hubs.  I don't know, but I like it!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats Randy I will fan you now! HEHE! your author score is also 100 HOORAY,

Thanks PDH!  I keep wondering when My 100 will drop.  Usually it only stays for a little while but it has lingered for several days now.  One good turn.....

3. soni2006 profile image76
      soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Randy that's the beauty of hubpages. That's also a fine example so many hubbers have stayed at HP for a long time, you can see many who completed 2 years, 3 years, etc.

You should know, Soni!  It's always good to hear from the HP veterans.

4. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Crikeys that is just bonza Randy. Woo hoo!!!

5. Dorsi profile image82
      Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's great!! I love the comment about the dead pig in the sunshine.....toooooooo funny!!!!!!!!

MY dad used this saying all of his life.  I still don't know why a dead pig would be happy.

2. gamergirl profile image87
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Hooray for good news on a drizzly morning!

3. TerryGl profile image58
    TerryGlposted 14 years ago

Was the keyword Airstream Travel Trailer Repair : How To Repair and Service.. that you speak of?

Nope, the search term was Airstream AC repair.  I never use the complete title as it will always be ranked near the top.  Good try though!

1. TerryGl profile image58
        TerryGlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just that the shortened version of the keyword Airstream Travel Trailer Repair is showing number 1 on Australian Google search. Well done.

Thanks Terry, I wondered if different countries had different google listings.  Sorry if I jumped to conclusions!

1. From Mumbai profile image37
            From Mumbaiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can use the separate google.uk, google.au etc sites to see if it ranks number one on them all.

4. thisisoli profile image76
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Nicely done smile

5. MyWebs profile image77
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

Well done! Congratulations

You know some of that could be the fact that it is very new, the freshness factor is how I like to think of it. Actually newness factor is probably more accurate. Might be a good idea to throw a few backlinks at it just the same.

I actually do very few backlinks and my articles do fairly well anyway.  I haven't studied about backlinking very much as I don't have much time between all of my occupations.  Thanks!

6. Betty Reid profile image59
    Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!  It's helpful to know about Google taking into account the past success of a writer.

1. sunforged profile image74
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it doesnt.

but the past success/authority of the DOMAIN is one of the prime benefits of publishing here

That is really good to know, Sunforged.  This is why I posted this thread.  I figured you or someone else would know how this works.  Thanks! And thanks to HubPages most of all!

1. sunforged profile image74
          sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If google would know how to credit an author for quality, you would certainly receive it. Actually, Hubpages does reward quality and you are receiving that bonus.

if we wanted to get technical...hubpages/google does kind of credit successful authors. Because of your high score (congrats!) your hubs feature higher in many of the hub feeds and you have a high spot in the featured hubbers feed. As a result you have a higher visibilty than another author like (well, me) who is probably a dozen pages into such feeds. With time, luck and quality hubs your profile page is also gaining authority/respect/quality acknowledgment by google partly due to all the inlinks that hubs is providing due to your higher author score.

Since all of your hubs are linked off your profile page they are getting a bit of that google juice. This cycle is probably the strongest feature that hubpages provides us.

As a side note, i saw a thread the other day that asked why many hubbers would profile certain hubs on their profile page - personally, I due this to hopefully get a little more juice from my PR3 profile page via anchored text links. (i actually state that clearly on my page)

so in essence, your original statement was correct

Sorry to take so long to respond, Sunforged.  When you run a farm, you sometimes have to run cows too. 

Thanks again for the info and for explaining things like you do.  I'm sure it will help many of us to write better hubs, and in the process, make more cash.

I used the keyword tool but tried not to go overboard with it.  It still seems too "keywordy" to me though.  Although I write mainly for the fun of it, it is always satisfying when one of my hobbies brings in some cash.

Thanks again!

2. thisisoli profile image76
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is being modest, it is actually the past success/authority of SUNFORGED which allowed your page to rank so highly so quickly tongue

You are probably right, Oli!  He seems to know his stuff.  I'm glad someone does, I have learned a lot on my time here.  You're no slouch yourself from what little I know about computers. 

If my son wasn't an IT, I would be lost.  I typed my first words on computer a couple of years ago, so perhaps you can understand how new it all is to me.  You guy's sure have a lot of patience with those of us new to the internet.  I'm not accustomed to asking others for help on things.  I really appreciate the help and advice of the very knowledgeable members here.

7. She-rah profile image67
    She-rahposted 14 years ago

That's fantastic!!! I've only been on HP for 2 months and just checked some of my keywords on google. I have about 5 that are on the first page of google and 1 with the other 3 right under it that are in first place on google search. I was so thrilled!!! I can't imagine the excitement you have to be there in 13 minutes. So great!

Good going, She-rah! You are certainly doing well here.

1. DanPowers profile image46
        DanPowersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you're really working that RV niche!

I've barely scratched that "niche," Dan.  Since I frequently work on RVs it only makes sense to take photos and write hubs about it.  It seems to be worth my while.

8. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Congrats Randy! Summer is coming! I think your article will be number 1 for a while. smile smile smile

That's what I am counting on, Dao.  I'm going to keep pounding them out until I run out of ideas.

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Woo hoo - way to be Randy!

Loving it, Jane!

10. alexandriaruthk profile image68
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

congrats Mr Snake este Mr Godwin!

Thanksss, Alexandria!

11. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Wow that is amazing! Here's to many many readers for you!

And the same to you, Jean! I love the support by members on HP.  I hope I can return the favors given to me by many of the HP members here.

12. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Randy your hub is No.1 on google.co.uk as well!! That is so amazing! Fantastic!

Thanks to Mumbai and Izzy for the great news.  I hope it lasts. it's good to know that Google is similar elsewhere.

13. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

That is GREAT news Randy. Congrats! and congrats on your 100 score too smile

14. ThoughtfulSpot profile image71
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Congrats Randy! And, you're right about the community here.  I came to write for writing's sake, and now I'm having so much fun learning all this "tech stuff."  (The fact that I call it that, probably gives you a good idea of my knowledge level. lol )  It wouldn't be fun at all if not for the amazing people here who help me when I get stuck!

Congratulations again.

15. Mike Rogers profile image61
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

A testament to the power of having the right keywords in your title and URL on an authority site wink

Mike smile

16. darkside profile image59
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Don't forget to stop by Google's Keyword Tool and find out how many people are searching for Airstream AC repair.

17. gamergirl profile image87
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

airstream ac repair =

Not enough data

sad

18. ab420 profile image60
    ab420posted 14 years ago

That's pretty amazing actually, I have to say I'm quite impressed, 13 minutes must be a record!

19. sagebrush_mama profile image61
    sagebrush_mamaposted 14 years ago

How exciting!  I'm just learning the ropes, was jazzed when I made top ten in appx. that amount of time on an article.  Still learning, but gleaning much from these forums and all the longtime hubbers!  Congratulations!

20. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

BP, I don't think Randy speaks Australian. Would you like for me to translate it for him??

1. blondepoet profile image68

Haha Habee oh yes please do. That would be apples. I am glad you speak Australian. Fair dinkum I never realized LMAO.

1. thisisoli profile image76
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can I see you in your thongs?

1. blondepoet profile image68

Haha which ones the ones on my feet or buttocks?

21. profile image0
    troseposted 14 years ago

Woo-hoo!  Congratulations!  Very happy for you!

22. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I read the hub Randy, it was very good. I think you are right about getting scraped quickly if you have some credo too.

23. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

To everyone else who responded, thank y'all kindly for the comments on this thread.

24. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Because it's in the sunshine. Duh!!

Pigs hate hot weather!  Doh!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)