I'm looking for 100 hubs to review

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 179 discussions (313 posts)
  1. classicalgeek profile image82
    classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

Here's a hub that I would love to have reviewed because it's for a good cause and a lot of people around the world could benefit:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/change-the-worl … spare-time

If you don't like that one you can pick one that interests you. However, some of them are works-in-progress so if you find one that you really don't like, try another one, or contact me, before you trash it, please. smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Stevennix - Thanks for the additional suggestion, I will take a look;

Holiday Hannah - Welcome to the site. Good of you to participate in this forum.

Mrs. J. B. - Indeed we have met. Your approach to the Show is an interesting one, and that is what I will be focusing on.

LeonJane - It may not be a small task, that is why it is good to make a commitment here. Thanks!

Andyoz - Thanks for your encouragement and contribution!]

Classicalgeek - that is a catchy title, and something I'll be enjoying to review.

3. K9keystrokes profile image85
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

Thank you for taking on such a difficult task for your 100TH hub.
    http://hubpages.com/t/14f053 -- (Grief Woman to Woman)

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you K9keystrokes, it sounds like a deep and fascinating subject.

4. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Wow! I wouldn't dare! smile

1. profile image0

Dare do the review or dare be reviewed? A review is gentler than a critique, it is intended for public consumption; private critiques are more direct and explicit.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@WE. I've never had any desire ever to have anyone review or critique any of my work. I guess I'm the one that needs to be satisfied that I've done a good job because I'm the one that has to live with my conscience. Also, on those rare occasions when I have followed someone else's advice, my work has not been up to its normal standard and I have been paid less or my ratings have sunk. In fact, the input has lowered the standard of my work and I deeply regretted it.

So, no, I wouldn't dare (or care) to be reviewed.

1. profile image0

Sophia Angelique, thanks for the clarification. I will read your work under the Moonlight, instead.

1. profile image0
            Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I enjoyed researching this one, though it might be better constructed.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Early-Patent-Me … -Deception

6. profile image0

Rochelle Frank and ByChanceTV, I appreciate your suggestions very much.

Currently, I have 84 nominations - just 16 more to go...

7. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Yotube-and-Yutube-Videos This is my most popular hub if your still reviewing, make of it what you will wink

1. profile image0

Thanks Richieb, good of you to contribute your best performing hub, let's see what I can make of it.

8. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago
  9. profile image0

Thanks WryLilt, that is helpful.

10. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Oh and another nomination: http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Mag-Wheels

I find most sales hubs boring and repetitive. However this one is a car related article from a female perspective and is funny and well worth the read!

11. profile image0

Thanks everyone, I now have about 87 suggestions, only 13 to go.

Suddenly, I got the bright - or maybe not so bright - idea to review hubs by HubPages Staff members, which should give me enough extra material to reach 100.

Suggestions are still welcome!

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image76
      mypleasurefantasyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I say go for it....its not like you can get spanked or scolded for this. If you think you can hang with it...rock it out! Good luck

1. profile image0

Thanks, that's what I needed to hear. I mean, Staff are also Hubbers, after all, but we don't know so much about their hubs, at least I don't. I wouldn't mind taking a closer look.

12. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

You can review one of mine if you like.  I have over 300.....make it your pick.

1. profile image0

KCC Big Country, I would really like to include you. But you could do me a big favor by picking one of your favorites; I'd appreciate that.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm assuming I'm still part of the 100.....if so....here is one you can review (or feel free to pick another one)....

http://hubpages.com/hub/25-Reasons-to-Lose-Weight

13. profile image0

With KCC Big Country included, I now have 90 suggestions, only 10 more to go.

14. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

What a terrific idea Website Ex

http://hubpages.com/hub/Iamthekiwibird

If its not late ,Id love you to review my above hub.

Cant wait to see your hub when its completed too:)

15. profile image0

Eaglekiwi, thanks, I'll include that. Nice title, very suitable for you.

16. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I don't want to submit a hub (I'd just rather leave any benefit to those who may have more need of exposure), but I am curious how you intend to review 100 hubs. It would seem that even just writing a short paragraph (which barely qualifies as a review) would give you a very large hub - and a tremendous amount of work for you!

1. profile image0

Pcunix, you are right, and that does represent quite a challenge. A solution will be presented - shortly, I hope...

Meanwhile, just 9 more to go before the review can begin...

I've read a lot of your hubs...and its not extremely challenging if you do it right. You can link to the other hubs and write a short HA or BOO or whatnot about the hub and move on to the next. Just leave enough to peak interest and go from there. You can also ask for help as well from another hubber you know and trust with cohorts of all sorts.

As far as Pcunix...I don't see this as a chance to get exposure. It's more of an opportunity for younger hubbers and even seasoned hubbers to get a respected outside view looking in. No one's perfect, and that's why things like this are done.

1. lrohner profile image70
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you're wrong. I believe WE has tried to make it very clear that he is doing a "review" and not a "critique." And I do believe his intent is to give hubs some exposure -- not an outside view looking in.

1. profile image0

Irohner, your understanding of my intentions is correct. Critiques have to be private, it is much too sensitive to expose publicly, and people generally aren't prepared for that. So when creative writers ask for critique, I'd say that comments on hubs isn't the right forum for that. A review hub isn't either.

But a review can include some subtle criticism, which may help authors get a sense of where they can further improve.

1. inspirator00 profile image61
              inspirator00posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes i agree with that. i believe that good author must be able to review also, so they can know their strength, weaknesses and it will make them improve better in their next hub.

2. mypleasurefantasy profile image76

Maybe I am. Fair enough irohner

2. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that exposure?

smile

1. profile image0

Pcunix, there are two kinds of exposure: Sunlight (critique) and flashlight (review).

You may not be longing for either - at least not consciously,- but I've decided to include you in my review nonetheless. For the record: "I will review this man!"

http://hubpages.com/hub/Bad-Backup-Advi … too-common

1. Pcunix profile image91

You may do as you wish, but someone else would surely benefit more. I make enough money already and am far too sure of myself and stubborn to follow anyones advice smile

1. profile image0

It is a very useful hub that you have written, I think it has helped a lot of people and others may benefit as well. Take care!

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
                Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pcunix, if you like I could review your stuff for a small fee - say fifty pounds?

It's not much but it's all I can afford.

17. profile image0

Mypleasurefantasy, those are some excellent insights. The technical aspects are not the biggest concern, there are different ways to accomplish it. Of course, a 30,000 word hub would not be such a good solution. I also agree that these reviews will combine exposure with a chance of self-awareness and maybe even self-improvement. Most important, all reviews will follow the same guidelines, to create a level playing field.

30,000 word hub is pretty radical...you could also split it into parts...like how a lot of hubbers do with stories and so on and so forth. That would simplify things and give you the chance to have fun with the destruction, rebuilding, and awesomness that comes with reading peoples hubs. WORD

18. Karanda profile image80
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

Just in case you haven't picked the 100 yet, I sure could use some publicity, on all of my Hubs but this one in particular.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Nobel-Peace-Pri … ary-Things

Looking forward to reading your reviews. I'm sure we'll all learn something from them.

19. inspirator00 profile image61
    inspirator00posted 13 years ago

Hi, maybe you would like to review my latest hub.
    It is about being computer addictive but also healthy
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Become-computer … ut-healthy
    Thank you

20. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Here is one that may be of use to review.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Paradise-Renewed

Thank you for your consideration WE!

21. profile image0

Thank you for the additional suggestions and insights.

- Karanda: No, you are just in time, and I will be happy to include your hub on an important topic, one that keeps coming to our attention every so often;
    - Inspirator: Computer addiction is a wonderful condition, but I can see how it could be unsound, I look forward to reviewing your hub;
    - Sembj: I understand you are very serious. Traffic does not always reflect quality. I will try to give you a constructive opinion;
    - Travelesspresso: My pleasure, always;
    - Mypleasurefantasy: Many Hubbers on this thread have expressed a desire for honest feedback, so maybe I’ll have to offer some optional private critique as a follow-up service to the hub;
    - Logic, Commonsense: That sounds like a blind date with fate, I’ll look into it!

With the additional suggestions, I have received 95 in all, just 5 more to go!

22. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

Hi WE!
    You've probably got enough material to work with now, but in case you need another Hub, you're welcome to choose any of mine if you find one interesting. I'm not too good at judging my own work, so I'd prefer you to choose, if you've got time, of course.
    This is a big task you've given yourself. I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure it will be a success.

1. profile image0

Camlo, I appreciate that. In your case, I will have no trouble at all finding a suitable hub to review.

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay! It will be a surprise. I look forward to it. smile

23. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago
    1. profile image0

Certainly. I'm glad you made it.

24. profile image0

I've got 98 hubs lined up now, merely 2 to go.

25. profile image0

Kekemapa, thank you very much, I'll include one of them.

Thanks to you and 98 others, just 1 hub left to go...

1. Kekemapa profile image60
      Kekemapaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you couldn't access the second one, it was because I typed the web address, but now I've corrected it.

26. profile image0

Thank you, no problem.

27. profile image0

Snakebaby, thank you for showing up, I will definitely review one of them.

With that, I have 100 hubs. Thank you very much to everyone for your suggestions, support, and encouragement. The reviews will be published within 1 week.

Sorry, We're Closed.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looking forward to the results of your hard work WE. Great task you've set yourself - and an equally great community spirit.

2. snakebaby profile image64
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, glad I came just in time big_smile
      Can hardly wait to see how you do this and hope to learn a thing or two at the same time
      Big hug

3. profile image0

Thanks for your support and patience.

I decided to make one hub for each review. I will start publishing them one by one. Assuming it goes as planned, all 101 hubs will be online within a few hours. The last one to be published will be my "100th hub," because it has to link to all the others and come up on top of the index on my profile page.

You are not going to put them in a group so that they can be read serially?

1. profile image0

Definitely, I will do that. Thanks for pointing that out.

I have started reading these and am amazed at the work you put into the reviews. When did you sleep?

28. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Abersoluterly !!  Totilly Agree with the frog! smile

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great stuff looking forward to the results! I may do the same for my 500th hub - review 500 hubs! However, the review would be limited to 'Cool, WOW, Nice,Mehhh, Wot?,Crap!, WIll you marry me?' LOL!

29. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Great, Close it before I get a chance to even say Howdy!

Well, when you start round two you are welcome to review any one of mine, to post one in particular as perhaps # 101 you might try:

Disney World, Dressing For the Parks (link Below)

http://hubpages.com/hub/disneyworldpackanddress

30. tritrain profile image71
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Please take a look at my Finding a Niche with HubPages.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Using-Hub-Pages-to-Find-a-Niche

It was my 49th Hub.  I would like to continue adding to it, but would love a review.  smile

Thank you!

31. jagandelight profile image68
    jagandelightposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/ADadisaDadisaDad

I am having difficulty with this one, I just tweaked it but I know it need more help.

Looking forward to hear your comment and advice, thanks for the help.

32. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I am not going to post a link to any one of my hubs. But, if you have the time, feel free to check out my hubs and choose the one you like best. All you have to do is check out my profile, they are all there and easy to find. I only have 8 so far.

If you are going to use one of my hubs, please contact me, and let me know which one you are going to use. I would be happy to have the extra exposure. thanks.

33. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

In case any accounts or hubs disappear please place me on reserve.   please feel free to have a look at any of my hubs.

34. profile image0

Thanks everyone for your feedback, support, suggestions, comments.

The reviews are progressing apace, I'm still aiming for a one-week turnaround...

I am in awe of your ambition. I can't begin to imagine how you could do this in a month, never mind a week.

1. profile image0

Thanks for your kind words!

1. saleheensblog profile image61
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget to take care of your health WE. smile

35. Madurai profile image57
    Maduraiposted 13 years ago

here How many hubbers posted their link or they recommended some other best link?

If interested you can view my profile and can comment on my hubs based on your interest..

all the best..

1. profile image0

It took about two days to get the 100 suggestions needed, so that's a done deal. But I will keep reading this thread and take a note of any requests for a review, to be addressed as soon as the main review is done. Certainly, I will take a look at your work when I get the chance.

36. Ellarose92 profile image59
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

Although it was hard to just choose one of my hubs and you can also check out my other hubs and give me advice if you'd like i thought everyone loves to get pampered or do arts and crafts so i wrote a hub on how to make face masks!

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-you-own-Face-Mask

37. Docmo profile image91
    Docmoposted 13 years ago

A Great effort and a brilliant idea WE. Very honourable of you. I am not going to post any link of mine as you have been kind enough to do a very impressive review of one of my stories already.

IF you do have time you can pop to my profile page and see if something takes your fancy. But I am sure you will busy with the 100 review. Take care!

38. Anthea Carson profile image60
    Anthea Carsonposted 13 years ago

Here's a hub that I really like of mine although it is a bit controversial http://hubpages.com/hub/Teaching-Chess-To-Your-Daughter

39. viking305 profile image93
    viking305posted 13 years ago

Hello

I do write commercial hubs to earn the money as a writer on HubPages.  I also write lots of Irish history hubs just for the pleasure of documenting our history.  This one is about the 2nd World War and how it affected my immediate family and older people in my area of Dublin in Ireland. 

I would really appreciate it if you could include this in your reviews as I would be interested in your honest opinion of this hub. 

Thanks

Remembering Rationing and Bombs during World War Two in Dublin Ireland: WW2 was known as The Emergency to Irish People

http://hubpages.com/hub/World-War-Two-t … -7-Ireland

40. profile image0

Hmmm... A lot of people on this site write remarkably well. What is a critic to do: Doesn't anybody write poorly anymore?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, youre not up to my one yet lol

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess he didn't read my one too lol

1. profile image0

Thanks for the good wishes.

41. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

what about poetry would you review a poetry hub. if so here is one of mine..http://hubpages.com/hub/I-Have-Never-Been-Loved-Like-This-Before  big_smile

42. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Sorry W.E just having a wee giggle at your earlier post smile

Bunches an smunches of good wishes!

1. profile image0

Thanks indeed! There isn't too much to laugh at right now, so any diversions are welcome. You take care, too!

43. profile image0

It is still my intention to publish this review on time, so sometime within the next 24 hours.

44. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

I'll be watching for it!

45. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 13 years ago

If you still have space for one more here is a link to one of my hubs:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Emotional-Abuse

46. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

I'm reading them, too, at the moment. Really an amazing amount of work in such a short time; I wonder if this will break HubPages records if all 101 are published within the next few hours. I remember what a task it was when I wrote and published my 13 Part series on the Chinese Zodiac within 3 days.
    WE certainly has my greatest admiration. The Hubs/Reviews are all so well put together.

47. FaithDream profile image79
    FaithDreamposted 13 years ago

You are very brave. Here is one to consider.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-the-Butterfly
    Thank you.

48. smackins1974 profile image65
    smackins1974posted 13 years ago
  49. Pcunix profile image91

I am really enjoying reading these and am astounded by the level of effort you obviously applied to this series.

1. profile image0

Pcunix, thanks for reading and for your support. I also appreciate you keeping an eye on me about Groups. All of the published hubs are in the same group now.

50. Pcunix profile image91

Do any of these people bother to read that it's over?  He did 100 hubs.

If he wants to do more, I'm sure he'll say so smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)