They're coming to take me away!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (92 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image71
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Well, the ambulance should be here any minute to cart me off to hospital yet again!
    I am having trouble breathing because my back muscles have gone in to seizure again for some reason, so off to lose a day in hospital. I can't even tell my family as they are all asleep or away, so I feel pretty alone at the moment.

I hope they let me out today, as I have to go and sign a stack of documents this morning supposedly.
    They will have to wait.

I hope you all have a better day than I am having! lol

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
      theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh...are you serious? I hope you're okay! smile Yes, yes, hurry out and do take care of those documents...they may not still be there waiting. smile Hope you feel better!

earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for looking in theherbivorehippi, I am not sorted yet, so off to my GP tomorrow. smile
        You're right of course, stuff the docs till I am sorted out. smile

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest, is this a joke?

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, that's terrible. I hope you feel better soon Earnest, as I know hubpages wouldn't be the same without you.  hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Thank you Steven, you just know I am gonna be back annoying the masses again soon! lol

4. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you are in my thoughts Earnest, may the spasams ease and your breathing improve rapidly. Take care good person. My best to you.

5. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ouch ouch ouch and ouch.  Back pain can be absolutely horrible, especially when discs are involved which I suspect may be the case.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

6. Tom Rubenoff profile image92
      Tom Rubenoffposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no better day than today.  When you join us again, tell us of your experience.  We all love you and wait for your return.  All the best,

Tom

Thank you Tom, that is really nice.

Not enough men tell me they love me! smile

I really appreciate it. smile

7. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

poop earnest you really f@cking scared me, you just need more time in religious threads

8. profile image0
      CollBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hoping you have a speedy recovery!

I've just pulled a back muscle whilst bending down to wipe my toes after a shower - wasn't as scary but wasn't practical ALL day yesterday.  I'm just doing some light stretches to let the back muscles ease a bit and it's working.

Again, wishing you a speedy recovery!  What a thing to happen!

2. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I certainly hope it isn't anything serious - sending positive thoughts in your direction. Hopefully they can solve the problem with a muscle relaxant and you can be resting at home in very short order!

Thanks for that. You are right on the money, I will be finishing the day with a diazapam or two I reckon! smile

3. emievil profile image64
    emievilposted 13 years ago

You okay Earnest? Forget about the documents and go with the ambulance. I'm off and will be on the road for 6 hours, hope I hear good news when I sign on again. Be well.

4. earnestshub profile image71

Thanks for the best wishes folks, I am OK, this has happened before.

I may have caused a slight problem with my back when I dropped an 1100 cc Yamaha on myself some years back, or it could have been when I picked up the Harley Davidson before that.

All self inflicted sadly, so no one to blame but myself.

I'll be fine, just felt like a bit of undeserved sympathy.

I do have enough pain to go round if anyone wants to share!

1. profile image0

I'm sorry Earnest. I hope you feel better soon. Think positive! It helps a lot! Let us know what's up. XOXO

Klara

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll pass on the pain, thanks, but you come back to us in one piece, Earnest.  The place wouldn't be the same without you.

Please keep us informed tomorrow when you arrive home all taken care of.

Good luck with the cute nurses! smile

3. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have my sympathy - hope you are up and causing trouble again soon big_smile

4. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This sounds familiar, Earnest.  When I went to the doc last with my back problems, he told me "you've got to change your life style and stop lifting things."  Like I could just quit running the farm and and all of my other jobs and sit around the house.

Some of us cannot do that!  Good luck Earnest and take care of yourself, ya heah! smile

Let us know how things went and leave the nurses alone this time!smile

Well I may not have left the nurses alone very well, and like you, I live my life first and then worry about the body afterwards!

I may need a slight change of tactics with the lifting though. smile

5. Quilligrapher profile image71
      Quilligrapherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad you're back, feeling better, and, I hope, free of pain.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image77
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

You take care and let us know how you are tomorrow.

Thank you UW, very nice of you to be here for me. I feel better knowing that my friends here care about me. smile

6. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

Just a thought,  why not get a full body wax while you probably won't notice the extra pain ?

lol lol

Laughter.... the best medicine of all! lol

2. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

aw it is so sad when you read the humour that surrounded him by his friends......   This is such a sad day

1. IndiJobs profile image59
        IndiJobsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My sentiments exactly, Indi.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Wishing you a good outcome. Hope your day turns out better than you expect.

Thanks Rochelle, the outcome is still a bit average, but hey! Tomorrow is a brand new day with new potentials. smile

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Hope you feel better soon.  (Nothing like the need for an ambulance ride to ruin a day.  hmm).

The taxi ride home was pleasant. The driver was very interested in cars, so I talked his ears off to help me forget about the pain. That's right, I left there in as much pain as I arrived with!
      8 hours in a hospital will do that to you!

I just spoke to my daughter who is going to get a nice piece of fish and 2 valium for me.

Sounds like the perfect meal for tonight. smile

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I hope you feel better soon. smile

10. Hugh Williamson profile image70
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

Earnest - This could be serious. I better call a priest.

1. wilderness profile image95

And THAT just might be what it takes to get him around.  He'll be storming out of the hospital with a tire iron, looking for anyone in sunglasses! lol

1. Hugh Williamson profile image70
        Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh crap - you're right. I don't need that tough Aussie looking for me. I need a new photo Fast!

1. wilderness profile image95

lol

2. earnestshub profile image71

Hugh, I could have used a priest this afternoon. I was looking for someone who needed throttling! smile

11. RedElf profile image87
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Hope you're feeling better soon, Earnest!

12. Peggy W profile image99
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

Feel better soon.  Not fun having any kind of back problem!  Will be thinking of you and sending good wishes your way.

13. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 13 years ago

I don't speak much with you on HubPages, but I sincerely wish you the best.

Thank you for your kindness, good wishes are always appreciated, and I think they are good medicine as well. smile

14. Kangaroo_Jase profile image72
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Get bloody better mate, we need all the good Victorians we can get around these HubPages smile

Thanks mate! Off to my GP tomorrow to see what can be done. smile

15. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

earnest, I would recommend bananas even if they are slightly bent.
    Perhaps BP will be your nurse!  That would make the trip worthwhile!  Course it seems she fell off the face of the earth, but maybe you'll get lucky!
    Hope you are better soon!

Damn that is a good idea! BlondePoet would certainly help with blood circulation! lol
      I will do the banana diet as recommended. smile

16. earnestshub profile image71

Back from the dead. The hospital was bloody near useless and I wasted a day!
    Still in as much pain as when I left home. The ambulance guys were terrific though.

The ambulance driver confided in me that he has about a year to live with cancer taking over his whole body. I felt like saying, don't worry about me, what can I do for you?

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Been away from the forums and just noticed this thread, earnest.  Glad you're home.  After reading through the rest, I can say this...valium is vile, but it WORKS.  My husband has severe nerve pain in his left arm, his neck, and his back due to herniated disks...the valium has a better impact than the vicodin.

GLAD YOU'RE BACK!  Please take care of yourself.  You got lots of family to love.  smile

Thank yo MC. I just returned with some bananas magnesium and chocolates for the kids, who just got back from a week at granmas house.

Granma was not too pleased to see the chocolates, but I explained that I know they have been eating healthy fresh fruit and vegetables for the last week, and got away with it. lol

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh, you're a smooth one!  Glad to see you back and ready to cause some trouble.  big_smile  Besides, don't kids need some chocolate every now and again?

Hope you're doing all you can to take proper care of yourself.

I am doing a little better thank you.

You are absolutely right in my book. chocolate is a good food for kids and adults alike. None of them are carrying any weight, in fact they are all slim so I feel no guilt at wanting to see their eyes light up! smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
              Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5275857_f248.jpg

Keyboard made of chocolate just for you Earnest wink

2. profile image0

lol  lol

I found that funny as well. My reaction that is. The guy is AOK, he wishes he had more time, but has accepted it well enough to be able to talk to a stranger about it, so that is good.

I teared up a bit when he told me he has a 14 month old granddaughter and one more on the way as well though.
        Time... more would be better. He is fighting back with all his might to see if he can do better than expected and stick around for the second child.
        Nice bloke. smile

1. profile image0

great bloak mate big_smile

roll

ha

Gutsy of him to still be caring for others 10 hours a day eh?  smile

1. kirstenblog profile image79
              kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

inspiring as well smile

17. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

Great to see you are home- I slept through all the drama!
    Yes, I know what you mean when faced with some one elses illness all you want to do is help!
    Hope you have an easier time and pain can go as swiftly as it comes.

Thanks CW, it is good to be home again, I hate hospitals! So much waiting! smile

18. earnestshub profile image71

2 valium on board.  smile

Addictive horrible drug that it is, in a situation like this where muscles go into spasm it has no equals.
    I feel as silly as a 3 dollar note, but the muscles have relaxed and I can breath freely now.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image62
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest- I take valium when my back spasms- yes it is the only thing that works. I had a battle with the doctor to prescribe it, but as I was really in pain at the time I had little in manners and bluntly told him that if he only prescribed a small amount I would not get addicted. It was doctors that caused addiction by over prescription. Bless him, he gave me some just to get me out. Then I found the most brilliant physio and have been pain and drug free for nearly three years.

Interesting post case1worker.
        The other thing that works for me is my big strong son laying into the deep tissue with his elbow with his body weight behind it.

I told the physio the same thing today, I need to smash the muscles and make them bleed to get the muscle to leave spasm and get some endorphins by supplying blood to the area. Muscle pain is no problem, it's the tension on the spine that causes the pain.... the muscle spasm is no problem on it's own.

Physio helps me if the practitioner can bend 6" nails with his fingertips. smile

1. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if will help in your case, but I find magnesium (as an amino chelate, not magnesium oxide) and vitamin B6 help ease muscle spasms & aid sleep

Thanks BB, I'm on to it. I will get one of my family to go get me some. smile You are a sweetheart! smile

1. profile image0

apparently magnesium can help relax spasmed muscles.  So does potassium, which bananas are rich in

Thanks for that BB. Bananas are around a million dollars each here at the moment, unripe and puny due to the floods and cyclones up north, so I may try the health food shop first. smile

1. profile image0

yes, bananas very expensive at moment - can't remember when last ate one.  Don't bother with magnesium oxide as poorly absorbed

2. CASE1WORKER profile image62

It might be worth trying different physios- one might be more attuned to the way your back works than another. Like I say, I had years of intermittent pain ( since I was 18) and I was recommended to a physio who was brilliant. He did say that I was his worst patient when I arrived and wanted to refer me to the hosptial for an MRI, but believing hospitals are for the sick only, we prevailed. Allied to that some pilates lessons and exercises and hey presto, life is actually quite good!

I know some physios get it with deep tissue massage, but it is very time consuming, hard on the therapists hands and involves a half hour or so under hot towels before the surface muscles allow access to the deeper muscles causing the spasms or lock ups.

I used to go to an old guy who looked after many of our best ballerinas.

We all lay in little booths under constantly replaced hot wet towels wrapped in plastic, while we listened to the screams of his "victims"

Sten was a big guy with very strong hands.

He was always singing in a well trained and beautiful tenor voice while he massaged, and the louder you screamed the louder he sang!

He is gone now and I miss him as a long term friend and for his exceptional abilities

I have massaged myself and members of my family all my adult life, and I know it plays havoc with the thumb in particular as well as causing arthritis in the hands. Sten was able to overcome arthritis in his hands in later life. He had been massaging for 45 years when I met him, and his hands had been pain free for fifteen years.
            I need another Sten! lol

1. profile image0

I have a wonderful book called Trigger Point Therapy Workbook http://www.triggerpointbook.com/ which shows you how to relieve muscle spasms in different parts of body.  I had a pain disorder for years (but not from injury)

Thank you, I'm reading it now. smile

1. profile image0

My pain disorder was from food - esp gluten, dairy, histamines.  These foods make my muscles & joints hurt & sometimes spasm. 

Avoid them & I'm fine.  I have a couple of egg shaped rubber balls which I use to get hard to reach trigger points in shoulder-blades, back, buttocks etc

2. CASE1WORKER profile image62

\have you tried acupuncture? I found that worked really well!

3. profile image0

Oh, man! So glad to hear you're back! wink

Ya can't keep a sick mind down!

I am still a crazy optimist! lol

Now back to business. Which religionist was I ripping a whole new bottom for? lol

1. profile image0

LOL

There is a saying in Spanish: "Garden weeds never die" big_smile

19. earnestshub profile image71

It's 8.15am now, Hello everyone, I slept well, and have been up for an hour or so. The pain has come back, so I am going to take one more valium.

I know this is a very dirty drug that is addictive as hell, but that doesn't worry me at this time. Yesterday was a nightmare, and I am determined to drive myself very carefully to my GP who is not far away.

I don't like driving with the brain squashing valium, but being hyper aware of that, I will be OK.

Don't take valium folks, it is like having part of your brain removed! lol

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't aware that valium would actually kill pain - vicodin, yes, now that would work.  But better yet, get some valerian (the root of a plant, an herb) and make yourself an infusion (tea) with it, add some licorice to make it taste better and drink the tea!  It works to relax muscles and to help you rest, sleep if you need to.  Much better than valium or vicodin.  Good luck and I hope you feel better.

20. Aficionada profile image75
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Oh my, I'm just now seeing this.  Driving yourself after taking valium???? 

Best wishes, positive thoughts, and (secretly) very fervent prayers for your safety and well-being (which I won't tell you about so you won't kick me out of this forum! lol big_smile  lol ).

Seriously - very concerned and hoping you are able to find all the help you need.  Take care and be careful!

Thank you, even for the fervent prayers, as I know they are well meant. smile
      Fortunately I have not gone yet, and have decided to listen to a head that still works, (yours.)........ unlike my own, as is becoming apparent! ) lol

Thanks you for the caring, I have taken your advice, and will use other methods to slow down the spasms that don't involve me killing myself in an auto accident! smile

1. Aficionada profile image75
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very cool!

Because if you were killed in an auto accident, who would be the Auto God of HubPages?!?

You are the one who is cool! That was one of the most worthwhile bit of advice, and timely. The last one hadn't quite kicked in, so their was an opportunity to help me make sense and you saw it.

We may never know just how grateful I should be fortunately! lol lol lol

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you think it would help I could send you some special medicinal mushrooms I gathered this morning.  Not too good for pain relief but does wonders for one's outlook on life!smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5273977_f248.jpg

21. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Earnest, when I read the title I thought that screw you have loose had finally fallen right off and you were about to be carted away to the loony bin. Thank Dr. Demento for that! lol

Glad to hear you are on the mend at any rate smile
    Mmmmm Valium....
    That stuff sure does work, they used to give to me when I was getting trapped nerves in my neck/shoulder every month or so. I always took half of what I was prescribed and to be honest was totally shocked at how easily they gave it to me. 2 pills 3 times a day?!?!?! Umm hmmm, well I made that 1 pill once or maybe twice in a day! One or two days like that and I was all better. |The rest of the box when into the drawer for the next months trapped nerve. It worked very well that way smile
    I should imagine it would be similar for you (unless you already have addiction issues of your own that valium could trigger, then even one a day might be risky). At any rate, glad to see you back and fighting the good fight smile

Oh and don't tighten that loose screw either, you just wouldn't be you then tongue

22. earnestshub profile image71

Hey thanks Kirstan. Nope I avoided the white coat brigade for yet another day! lol
    I have used valium before for locked muscles and it has worked every time.
    Fortunately I don't usually have problems with addiction, but I am careful to stop using any drug asap.

I don't even use headache pills, I just massage the back of my neck real hard.
    I have made a study of quite a few drugs over the years, in fact I have several gig of research material, so I am well scared of prescription drugs. smile
    My mental state is way too happy as usual. lol
    I have my grandkids back again, they have been away for a week, so I am in seventh heaven right now. Just put them to bed with stories half an hour ago (7pm) smile
    They warm my heart so much!

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That white coat brigade sure are a fun bunch tho! The nuttiest people you will ever meet, the folks in the white coat brigade lol (I know from experience! yikes)
      My drug taking these days is almost completely limited to recreational only, aside from allergy pills and ibuprofen for when 'aunt Irma' visits each month! lol (if you don't know the aunt Irma reference check out the show 'the IT crowd', its a very accurate and understated view of a visit from her! lol
      I have been on a few pills over the years for depression, they tried me on one that I started cheeking within a day or two, after having a very long conversation with myself as to why the world would be better with two moons! When I got caught not taking the stuff they asked why and I told them that getting high should only be a recreational thing, not a 24 7 thing. They stopped giving them to me and I couldn't give them to friends at school anymore! Boy was I a naughty one! lol. A few years later this drug was part of a national legal action for causing schizophrenia  in those who took it long term. I don't know if I got lucky or not! lol
      You got the best drug anyway! A great family to love and who love you, specially grandkiddies to spoil, they are the best. big_smile

23. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Hey Earnest, I just noticed this thread ,after being absent from the forums for a couple of days.

Bloody hell, turn ya back for 5 secs and look what mischief you get up too!!

Hope your day/nights are improving and that you are at least getting some rest and relief from associated pain etc.

Pain is soooo draining..sighs

Take Care Aussie nieghbour smile No more lifting!! (or Im telling.)

24. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

You should try some valerian tea Earnest, as it is a very good muscle relaxant and will also help you sleep. smile

1. mega1 profile image79

that's what I said - also you can get valerian tincture, if you don't want to make tea - easy to take.  Also if you make tea and you don't like the valerian taste, add some licorice root which is also a sedative.  If you want, slippery elm powder also takes away inflammation and is a painkiller.

1. CMHypno profile image84
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry mega1, guilty of not reading the whole thread!

1. mega1 profile image79

that's ok, lots of people think teas and tinctures and herbal remedies are too much trouble and they'd rather take a pill - but the way I feel is that the pills mostly originated from plant compounds, and when you take the plant in its original form you're also getting other things that counteract any side effects.  Magic!  but when you take a pill with synthetic ingredients you get the full force of the side effects.  I haven't taken any medication except tylenol for ages - I use herbal remedies when I need them, but I find I need a lot less in the way of remedies now.  been lucky so far

25. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

anyone know how his family are coping

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)