would you kill your own flesh and blood?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (121 posts)
  1. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 13 years ago

If god showed himself to you and commanded you like he did Abraham to kill your son or daughter and have him/her be burned and sacrificed, wouild you do it? How would you feel about god giving you this command?

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would kill god, not my loved one. Any god that wanted me to do such a thing is no god of mine!

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You already have.
        Your god is DEAD.

However, mine is still alive.

Any "god" that can be killed is not TRULY God.
        If He were, no mere mortal could kill, change or manipulate Him.

BTW, I have grandchild no. 2 on the way.
        LOVE, I said LOVE being a granddad. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Pretty easy to kill a psychotic entity like that if it existed, and a duty I believe.
          A god who asked for such a thing would be a psychotic lunatic as far as I'm concerned.
          Congratulations on the second ankle biter!

2. profile image0
          BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The old cling to religion so they don't have to be afraid of death.
          I pity them.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stop sacrificing sheep and sacrifice your own daughter or son.

Great idea god, I am only a mortal, what do I know, you’re the best God.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would die laughing hysterically. lol lol

4. mecheil profile image60
      mecheilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I might faint...

But according to what i've read, the command was taken back when Abram's God saw his willingness to sacrifice his son, and provided a ram for him to sacrifice instead. The command was to show what Abram's God is going to feel when the time comes for him to sacrifice his own son, the foretold messiah, to provide the ransom for the perfect life that Adam lost. It has something to do with John 3:16 - "For god so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.  As aka-dj and others said, He wouldn't ask.
      God wouldn't command me to.
      If He did, He knows I'd fail.
      He did many things in the Old Testament (and even in the New) to illustrate things to all people and to challenge us to Love Him and to ...simply....put HIM first in our lives.

God knows that none of us are righteous enough to die for the sins of the world.  He knew no one was even back then.  That's why He did it for us!   Same with sacrifice; as Jesus, not only did He do away with literal sacrifice (of animals as well as the kind of tests of Faith that Abraham went through), but He simply was setting examples of what love is supposed to be.
      God is always declaring His sovreignty, along with His love for us, and challenging us to make the choice to choose Him.  Why He keeps doing it is an awesome statement of His patience with us wormy humans....

Amen, thirdmillenium.  Except...I'm not sure Abraham knew it was a test, at least not at first?

topgunjagerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So would you?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image74
        Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"He did many things in the Old Testament (and even in the New) to illustrate things to all people and to challenge us to Love Him and to ...simply....put HIM first in our lives."
        Yeah, that interpretation reminds me of a petulant girlfriend I once had. I ended up dumping her.

6. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Creator-God never commands like that; it is mistunderstood, it never means physically killing; it is alway symbolic as it was for Abraham.

2. Pente profile image76
    Penteposted 13 years ago

I do not remember the spot exactly, but their was a king that promised to sacrifice to god, the next person he saw. Suddenly, his daughter showed up and he sacrificed her.

Even when I was a christian, I thought to myself that I would rather be cursed here on earth for the rest of my life and suffer every type of disaster than sacrifice my own daughter.

Obviously, the answer is no.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

The Christian God is no longer your ultimate love, duhhahh...  I wonder why.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no such thing as a "Christian God", it is universally accepted by everybody else in the world that there is either:

a) No god
        or
        b) One god

There is not a "Muslim God" and a "Hindhu God" and a "Christian God", such as name makes me wonder just how much knowledge you have about your own religion.

My ego is not that grand to claim that there is no God in the great unknown Universe. My life is based on good sense and have experience tapping into some form of higher energy that I can not explain in words, call it god or whatever, there is strong love force connecting us all together.

Killing my daughter is not a god from an all loving kind. or kindness.

2. Stump Parrish profile image59
          Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To start with I am an atheist so I have no need of any god. If there are no other gods than the one true god, why would that god need to command his followers to worship no other gods before him? If there was only one god for everyone, there would be no need to mention the rest of them in the first place, right?  This indicates that your god knew there were other gods and yet a lot of you know better, correct? How does one go about becoming god's personal spokes person? The bible is the one true book except for the parts that modern day christians disagree with, amen.

I think everyone is God, a spiritual sided non religious person. I always stay open to the 99% unknown until it known in my ego self. Atheists or religious, they are all the same to me as equal and as gods...

2. topgunjager profile image60

It was jephtah

3. mecheil profile image60
      mecheilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jephtah... but he did not kill his daughter. He sacrificed her by means of making her serve in the temple all her years, living there single and childless. She was Jephtah's only child, so it was considered sacrifice. It means Jephtah's line will be cut right there, something shameful for a Jew during those times.

3. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I would assume anything asking that wasn't really God. I think I'd find the nearest hospital and check in.

4. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

He would not ask.

If you understood the story you refer to, you would also understand WHY He asked, what Abraham thought about it, and the ultimate purpose for which it was instigated.

I think I may write a hub on this little understood story.

I wonder how many people do actually know this?

Write about the one on the bald headed priest, too, I love laugh at that hub too.

If you think it's a joke, laugh all you like.
        Your ridicule falls way short of "changing my mind", or otherwise inspiring me to listen to your opinion. If you actually have a constructive one.

Who's the bald priest you refer to?

The children who mock the bald head of the bald headed priest. He then shredded them to death.

In church many priests have been too embarrass to tell the story about the bald headed priest because children may laugh out loud. Or perhaps the priest fears bears will enter the church and shred those kids apart for giggling too.

I think his name is job

Job is another winning story where everyone and everything Job knew was destroyed by god just to prove to Satan, Job has total faith in God.

Satan had created the thing call, job, in which I love doing for most waking hours of my life, so he is not so bad.

So would you?

topgunjager

I cannot imagine running out idea's to kill my daughter or anyone. If God asked me, to kill my daughter, I would sue anyone who slip me that very dangerous elusive drug for even the thought.

Most Christian I asked on a few sites, I asked them, if they were on vacation in Iraq and then were capture by terrorists and the terrorist were killing Christian who admitted they were Christian. Most Christian said they would not lie and allow themselves to die.

If most Christian would commit suicide that easy, over their god, I see no different of them killing their own children. So filled with many natural born killers with the worst record in human history regardless it's the ultimate sin.

2. aka-dj profile image65

He would NOT ask.
        (Just in case you missed what my answer was).

3. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey dj. I'd read it.

I have already started.

My life is rather full, so I don't get to write nearly as much as I'd like.

Watch this space, as they say!

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Do in-laws count?
    Nah, probably not....

1. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Mighty Mom, I think it might be time to clean the glasses. tongue big_smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image77

Cags -- are you implying I've been drinking out of dirty glasses? Heck, I chug straight from the bottle lol

Seriously, if God wanted to test me by telling me to kill my son, he'd have to give me several cases of Twinkies first lol

1. Cagsil profile image70

No, I wasn't implying that you were drinking from dirty glasses, but to clean the ones that should be in place on your face. lol lol lol It's good to know that you like to chug from the bottle, it definitely shows a specific aspect about you that I didn't know. But, all learning is good. wink tongue
      Twinkies would be a good thing for sure. wink tongue

7. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I am doing everything I can to keep someone from dying now! My brother has terminal brain cancer. If god appeared before me, I would more than likely say, where the hell have you been? My brother is suddenly a big "Christian", and this is how god repays him for spreading his word? Not only that, but all the pain, misery hunger, and suffering, of millions of people? And you want me to kill someone? I'll pass.

Now turn some water into wine, or get the heck out of my house!

1. SpanStar profile image59
      SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God only tested Abraham but men actually did kill their own, neighbors and one else they could get at.

Geez we are so much better then God aren't we????

1. brimancandy profile image79
        brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but God also flooded the earth and probably killed hundreds and thousands of people. Not to mention sending plagues during the time of Moses, that killed countless others, and for what? So that people would pay attention to him? And use fear so that people would bow down and worship him? Sounds like the act of a terrorist to me.

I would like to think that god is loving, but, he has just pulled way too much hateful crap to make anyone totally trust in him. It would be nice if the bible wasn't so full of confusion. Probably the reason why so many people are having trouble believing any of it.

God has more then suffered the hatred, and crimes of mankind for generation after generation and since it's clear that mankind isn't going to change but continue their behavior of hate and destruction-Which We Always Ignore Talking About The Evils We Do.

Then Flooding Yes-But I Bet On That Day They Took A Second Look At Their Lifestyle, As I'm Sure Did Sodom.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mankind can do nothing until religions have gone the way of the dodo. Once that happens, we can begin to rebuild "Mankind" without the need for invisible friends in which to shift the burden of responsibility. smile

It is because of Mankind that religion is here.  If your precious idea of mankind being so great- then why is war and on going event from generation after generation, why is mankind still raping women, men, why is mankind always involved in some kind of lie, why is so much poverty still around since mankind is so great, I have more however I'm sure you won't get the message because your eyes seem to be blinded to self absorted unfounded glorification.

2. profile image0

I'm not sure you noticed, but the cultures in this world with no religion are limited to remote jungles and rain forests. I don't see where they've done anything for the advancement of the human race.

As to shifting the burden of responsibility, it looks  to me like pointing the other finger is a human trait. At least that's what I get from your post.

True Just_Curious

How arogant man has come to first think they can be better or even equal to God of all creation-to be able to stand in judgement of him when as man or mankind created a universe or even another lifeform without using that which God has already created.

It's like having a motorcycle gang kill. rape and do whatever evil they choose while people stand back and do nothing then when God wipes out all but a few-Oh God Is Evil-ridiculous.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
                Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Still - Christians such as yourself dun wiped them out - so it is all Good innit.

Little wonder your religion causes so many wars.

Read My Lips---MANKIND CAUSES WARS-AND STILL DOES!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL

Read your lips as you shout god's love?

Sure. lol

Little wonder your religion causes so many wars. sad

Right, but inspired by belief in what?

2. profile image0

Not all of them Mark. I saw some on a documentary the other day. Good thing they didn't tell me where because, you know me. I would have been on the next plane out to annihilate those heathens.

Get real. You know that's not true. Christianity is not the cause of war now. There must be better arguments against religion than that.

How funny are you? LOLOLOLOL

Not all wars are caused by religion, but it sure is a tool for justifying wars.

3. brimancandy profile image79
                brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is for Just Curious, and your comment about the remote jungles.

The only reason the people in the remote jungles don't have religion, is because the people who practice religion had not found them yet. If you look at Civilizations in the Americas, before the Europeans and th Spanish came here to "discover" the new world. The people who were here did not worship our god. And that includes the Indians. Religion was brought here, and pretty much forced on the inhabitants, by the armies of kings and queens.

Notice how little or no memory of those gods still exist, other the carvings on stone, and ancient ruins. Once those people were gone, Our lifestyle, and our religion took over. So, you can bet, that if those remote places were found, there would be religion there.

Church groups in the United States are always going to these remote places to  "spread the word" While they rob those people of their culture and try to make them more like us. And, they do it without even asking them if they want it. One reason why places like Lebanon constantly arrest church people, because they do not want them there.

1. profile image0

I know. I was simply bring contrary. It happens to me a lot here.

When in Rome.

8. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

In 44 states you can not be charged with a crime for letting your child die by choosing prayer healings over real medicine. It is legal in the majority of this country to sacrifice your child if you so choose to honor your god this way. It took people working together to get these laws passed. I would say that the answer for a lot of Americans would be yes if they were truly honest about it.

Wow! That is disgusting! I can hardly imagine a level of prehistoric ignorance like that would be in 44 States.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you have any links?  So parents are legally allowed to deny medical treatment resulting in death of child?

9. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

What God gives, He has a right to take away. He is God, for God's sake!  But He would not ask

In the one instance He did ask, He stopped the act before it was carried out. And, you might not have realized it but Abraham realized it was only to test him and knew God was going to stop him

If god knows everything, and abraham knew god would stop him anyways, what's the point of asking in the first place?

1. Sembj profile image67
        Sembjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am stunned that this question has resulted in the number of responses I'm reading. I'm even more surprised to find myself actually joining in the prayer meeting. It seems there's something that closely resembles a congregation gathering around the question and much talking in tongues. On the other hand, it may well be a script for the theater of the absurd. The next best thing to a pint is a Pinter. Hub pages seem to have some precious gems buried in the strangest of places, although I find it difficult to understand why I too am strangely attracted. No mocking intended - unless it's directed at myself. Cheers, everyone.

10. dianebowling profile image59
    dianebowlingposted 13 years ago

Uh, no. Thanks for the reminder of why I am not Christian. Or any other "ian" believing in any "ism".

11. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

there is blame . and there is cause. plenty of the first . none of the later

12. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

If it had gangrene I would! lolololol!

Ah well back to drawing.....

13. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

gods not  here, its us . its our fault ,all of this. belongs to  we alone. if there is a god . which i hope there is. and it finds its way back to check on  us. it will be disappointed in what we have become .  for good reason  .

14. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Mark,

not persuading me Jesus

Why on Earth would I try to persuade you to Jesus when you spend every waking moment of your life telling people their is no God?

In my religous world it's been said a lot people aren't going to make it into Heaven I just have to accept that.

sorry Mark

LOL

Of course you do. No one could accuse you of doing anything other than threatening. lol

Little wonder your religion causes so many wars.

Well Mark,

I'm sure their are other people you want to bother

so I'll log off for now and I'm sure I'll see you again when I log in again.

Bye bye.

Come back and threaten me any time - Be sure and hide behind a fake user name though. Wouldn't want to admit to your real name spect Jeebus dun sed hide like a little girl just in case.

Thank you So Much Mark for Showing All of Us Where Violences originates with these sisy remarks of my being like a little girl-Clearly God and religion has nothing to do with those acusations where you're trying to call me out and though I'm not as young as I use to be trust me when I Decide To Threaten You You Will Most Certainly Know It!

Sissy remarks for calling you out for hiding behind a fake user name to threaten me with God's punishment for not believing what you believe?  I don't understand. You do hide behind a fake user name and you do threaten me with God's punishment for not believing. How is being honest being sissy? I thought Christians valued the truth?sad

Does Using Capitals Make It The Word of God? lol

Yelling in Capitals about GOD is a warning that the punishment is worse than the crime,

Good thing we both don't take it so hard to heart OR feelings.

No - but children do. Which is why I call these guys on it. I was threatened with this nonsense as a child and it is very difficult to get it out of your head as an adult.

They get rather aggressive when you call them on it. sad

Awareness and access to information is better today, than in our childhood. Of course plenty of miss information can be dangerous today too.

I wish religion would confront the issues better at hand, what’s worst than being overly aggressive is them totally ignoring you.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mark, No, it's not true that religion causes wars. I respectfully disagree with you. I was laughing because you continually repeat the same thing throughout the religious forums. I can't help but laugh.

15. Mighty Mom profile image77

Sembj -- Welcome to the HP train wreck gang.
    It is irresistible, horrifying and rather addicting, isn't it?
    Love the line "The next best thing to a pint is a Pinter."
    Cheers, MM

1. Sembj profile image67
      Sembjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks MM: I do feel oddly at home here although it does spill over into reality in unfortunate ways; it makes strange sleeping hours even stranger, for instance. And thank you for the appreciation of the pint/Pinter thing, I felt quite clever when it popped out and it's always gratifying to have one's vanities acknowledged. Whoops, I didn't mean to tell anyone about that vice but I suspect it all comes out in our writing anyway.
      Cheers, indeed,
      Stay well,
      Sem
      P.S. I'm a bit nervous about using a name since I'm constantly living in terror of innocently contravening a rule and losing my work. I think I may have come perilously close when I tried publishing my second article and it left me traumatized - I've come to think of it as a kind of pre-posting traumatic stress syndrome that attacks me before posting anything on HubPages. S
      P.P.S. I am quite impressed by the passion that's been brought to the deep question - I strongly suspect that the question must have been posed by someone who was influenced by dark powers. What a splendid microcosm of the world. Vanity most Fair in all it's power and glory.

16. Mighty Mom profile image77

Woman of Courage,
    Historically, religion has been one of the two most common causes of war. Ever hear of the Crusades?
    Ever here of Northern Ireland?
    What do you think is behin 9/11 and all the terrorist attacks around the world?

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mighty Mom, People is the common cause for wars, not religion. I can see that we have different viewpoints.

USA Politician kill people, it's only pure magical they all so happen to be strong Christians.

17. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"What do you think is behin 9/11 and all the terrorist attacks around the world?" Oil.

Whatever the reason is, religion plays a huge role to make it happen, plus I don't think they were fighting over oil in the crusades.

18. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"Whatever the reason is, religion plays a huge role to make it happen, plus I don't think they were fighting over oil in the crusades." True the crusades were probably all about saving souls and what re-taking Jerusalem?

19. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

Here is the link some wanted concerning legal exemptions from providing healthcare based on religious belief,
    Explain to me again why the right pretends to care about the rights of the child. the only right they care about is their preceived right to tell a woman what she can and cant do with her body.

http://childrenshealthcare.org/?page_id=24#Exemptions

I recommend exploring this site unless all your truth comes from one unvarefiable source anf faux news.

So would you?

20. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

There are a things from the bible that I do not understand and refuse to accept as God's doing. A lot of illogical things that sound like the ancient ones were inhaling something that was not myrrh. That's my opinion, anyways. I don't see the point of God asking anyone (not even Abraham) to kill their own son to show his love for God and his unquestionable obedience.

21. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

If "God" asked me that, I would check myself into a mental hospital.

I would have my stomach pumped out, to get rid of the very bad drugs.

22. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

In front of GOD obedient is worth.

We have an already over obedient world and an over ego World too, time for an adjustment,  like it or not.

2. profile image0

So its okay to defy the law and human reason because the old man in the clouds said so?

You should rather say "The snake in my stomach made me do it" or "It was the voices, they told me to do it".

Then you would get off as insane rather than going to prison and being know as a violent fundamentalist who murdered his own family.
      In prison you will be wondering if God has rewarded your actions with the Anal Rape you will most likely receive.

23. aka-dj profile image65

" Would you"? (kill your own flesh and blood was the question, I think.)

Let me jus say it in one word,
    Ready? Here goes...

Abortion.

(BTW, Most religious people are against it. Most atheists are FOR it)

hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here we go ... hmm

That's the idea.

Open a can of worms, they may as well crawl out. lol

1. profile image0

Hey dj. I lean strongly in the same direction you do on religion, but abortion is something I find I cannot agree  on with the main stream stance. A woman's body is her own. I cannot imagine what type of emotional struggle someone must go through on such a difficult decision. To conceive a child is a biological function. No divine intervention helps that process. The birth of a child, in my opinion, is the infusion of a separate soul.

It is a decision I've never been faced with, and I can honestly say I have no idea which way I would go.

I don't believe Christianity serves the message of Christ well in this country with the hate they spew toward women on this issue. I hope the Christians in your country try to respect the individual more than ours do.

2. dingdondingdon profile image61
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As an atheist and a pro-choice person I am not for abortion. What I am for is the right of a woman to choose what happens in her own body.

Face it, make abortion illegal and desperate women will just go to dirty, back alley clinics where the abortion will happen anyway - but this time, women will die, because the procedure will be much more dangerous. If you really care about life, then make abortion legal.

Or is life only important when it's unborn?

I don't see how you can be "not for abortion", yet support the right of a woman to choose.

What alternative does she have?

Have the baby...or...not have the baby! (Abort pregnancy.)

To support pro-choice, you support pro-abortion, by default.

If I have this wrong, please show me where? cool

1. dingdondingdon profile image61
          dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Pro-abortion" implies I want all pregnancies to be aborted. I am for choice. If a woman's choice is abortion, I will support that. If her choice is to give birth, I will support that too.

Sorry. I never saw abortion as being ALL pregnancies.

That borders the unthinkable. Wiping out an entire generation. sad

24. aka-dj profile image65

I accuse no-one.
    My family has been affected by this.

All I'm saying is, people kill their own flesh & blood through abortion.
    They cannot use the excuse "God told me".

It's an answer to the OP. That's it! hmm

1. profile image0

But they can use the excuse "The snake in my stomach made me do it" !

Seriously though I am sorry for what may have happened in your family but firstly you are not a woman and you have no idea what it is like to have a child growing inside of you so please don't talk about a situation you can and never will experience.

I personally could not see myself ever having an abortion but I will not dictate to another woman, who maybe cannot feed or clothe that child.
      She might have her own reasons, i.e. rape, abusive relationships or pressure from the other parent and so on.

If abortion is not legal, she will do it illegally and might bleed to death or become infertile. You may see this as a just punishment but I have more compassion and cannot see it that way.

I don't see abortion in the same light as killing your family.
      Maybe you will call me names and say bad things about my beliefs but I don't really care.

I feel sorry for Christians who walk around judging everybody and behaving more like the pharisees than Jesus. For their own sakes they had better wish there is no God.

No, I have to admit I am not a woman, and I will never carry a baby inside me.

I know the woman who had the abortion had "good reason" to abort. However, she wore black ( a sign of mourning) for 10 years. Grieving over the loss of a child that "might/should have been".

I am not one of those Christians who protest, call people names & the like. I, &(and my wife) have done nothing but love and encourage this woman, because of the pain that was obviously there.

I am mature enough to know that none of us acts perfectly. We all make some big mistakes, often stupid ones we regret. We need to show love, kindness and compassion to these who "know not what they do".

Fear not, that I will call you names or be rude to you because you have a different point of view. smile

1. profile image0

I am truly glad that you have been supporting this woman.
          Most woman who go through this, regret it for the rest of their lives.

I had a friend who aborted twins when she was very young.
          She hates herself for it and cries more often now that she has kids.

I am glad that you see that they need compassion and not judgement.
          I was really expecting name calling.
          LOL
          smile

Sorry to say, name calling is a reality. Usually by those who have no constructive argument, or get overtaken by emotions.
            I have been around these forums for a long time, and I have learned (the hard way) to leave emotions out of it.

I have been called a few names, but more often accused of things I never said, did, or would even dream of doing. It's a tough place, the religion forum. Beware!! big_smile

25. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I think the vision of Abraham from the Creator-God was to tell human beings that human physical sacrifice is not needed.

The Creator-God never commands like that; it is mistunderstood, it never means physically killing; it is alway symbolic as it was for Abraham.

26. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

There is one word for it and it is called Insecure..Only Insecure beings can test by such a way like god is said to have tested Abraham...Just imagine...god is said to know everything which has happened in past , in present and in future..so god knew what would abraham do...so taking test doesnot make sense at first place and still god did take test!!!!!!!!!!!...Now either god didn't believe HIS ability to see future or god was too insecure that HE didnt believe future which he saw and went with the test...

1. profile image51

I think instead of testing Abraham; it was to tell to the humans that visions and dreams are interpretable and taken as such.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

why tell humans?...this telling business itself is too childish...god can do better job by downloading what ever he wants to tell in human brains...like he does not need to tell how to breathe or how to eat...then god could have given choice ...rather than inventing Abraham stories...but why blame god for it...religious god like religious stories is mere concept...and people who invented stories like Abraham kinds and they got what they wanted...control over human beings...

1. profile image51

What control did Abraham had? It is purely a religious event having nothing to do with power or control.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

m not talking about just one event...religion as a whole serves two purposes...it gives meaning to human life which craves for having one and second it is tool which controls human beings...we are muslims ...we are christians...we are jews...in reality there is no we...it is one single race which has evolved...but we makes it a group which influences laws , way of lives and helps people get control...those who originated religion had different reasons to originate religion and most of reasons were genuine but those who followed them , used religion as tool to control...just take case of pakistan...their government cannot do away with man made law because many believe those laws are divine...now they can't get away with it...religion is controlling government , forget individual...religion decides how humans would live!!!!!!!!!...irony because religion is for humans , humans are not for religion...human can exist without it and have existed without current versions of religion and gods ...5k years down the line , current version might die down or change but humans would still thrive...if there is one tool which controls most,it is religion...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)