Vote: no for same sex marriage

Jump to Last Post 201-220 of 220 discussions (715 posts)
  1. dineane profile image84
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

650 posts?

I haven't read them all, so if someone else already expressed this sentiment, then I apologize...but are y'all really still entertaining this troll?

And has anyone else tried to help educate him?

M-hmm, check the definitions of "approved" versus "proven". Even without reading 90% of this thread, I'm sure most who bothered to reply don't care what you or your sources have "approved" on this topic.

On second thought, I can tell I'm not all that interested in what you think has been proven, either.

1. mohamedhmm profile image61
      mohamedhmmposted 14 years agoin reply to this

====
      it has been proved in science and has been stated in all holly books- if you knew them-; that:
      NO SEX BETWEEN SAME SEX;
      NO GAYS;
      NO LESBIAN;
      AND It's MENTAL DISTORTED SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP, AN HAS PSYCHOLOGICAL BACKGROUNDS.
      So, gays has right to seek psychological help and therapy to recover and become straight guys without any distorted behavior.

2. its_the_skittle_e profile image67
    its_the_skittle_eposted 14 years ago

"I believe we are as human kind we should defend our human rights..."

What are our human rights?
    You don't know what they are no one does.

People should be able to love who they want to love. Love has no gender.

===
      this is a human right..
      yes, love has no gender; but, sex has gender..
      love not means sex,,,
      you love your mother, your dad; and it doesn't mean sex..
      i hope it's clear

1. its_the_skittle_e profile image67
        its_the_skittle_eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No it's not.

Sex is meant to be something shared between to people that love each other unconditionally. Yes you love your mother and father and friends. But that one person who you love more then anything in the world, guy or girl thats true love. Sex shouldn't just be about sex. Sex is a thing that makes 2 peoples love stronger.

===
          yes, love has no gender; but sex has a gender..
          but love doesn't mean sex all times.
          and sex mean man and woman; and it doesn't mean same sex; because, sex has a gender like electric; positive attract negative; but, not the same.

3. pacwriter profile image60
    pacwriterposted 14 years ago

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That opinion can be labeled "hate" speech by anyone who disagrees. It has become the common tactic of so many groups to discredit any idea they oppose.

My thought on same-sex marriage is this:

Nature has a purpose for everything. We may not understand the purpose but how can we argue with nature? If it is natural it has to be right.

The male Human body has one input port - the mouth. It has two output ports - the anus and the penis.

An output port used for input is against nature.

There I said it, you don't agree, that's okay too. Just allow me the right to express my opinion and don't classify it as hate speech.

1. its_the_skittle_e profile image67

Ok yes, the Penis and Anus are out ports but so is the vagina and the female anus.

2. calebd profile image59
      calebdposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. You, however, don't have the right to be taken seriously. Your input/output port analogy is ridiculous. Perhaps you think spitting is unnatural then because that's an "output" function fulfilled by an "input." Also, I'm not sure how your input/output analogy applies to marriage. I wasn't aware of marriage ceremonies requiring union of any input/output "ports." You go to some crazy weddings if you do. You're simply using your analogy to express a distaste for homosexuality. That in no way qualifies as an argument against same-sex marriage, which if you don't like, you don't have to attend or participate in.

Your opinion cannot be reliably classified as hate speech without you using it to actively discriminate. Your utterance does not inflict injury on this forum nor does it incite a breach of the peace. However, people who are offended are free to term what you say hate speech if they feel it meets those criteria.

The best way to discredit idiocy is by allowing it to be aired freely so its seams will be exposed and we can pick it apart.

4. calebd profile image59
    calebdposted 14 years ago

Gratuitous semi-colons!!!

====
      yes; it's clear that gays relationship is just a Gratuitous relationship; and a lifeless....

2. its_the_skittle_e profile image67

LOL what

5. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

See? I said he wouldn't understand because he doesn't have a grasp on English.

I was right.

Whee!

1. Eng.M profile image66
      Eng.Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hiiiiiee

6. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

This thread is still going on?  Maybe Hubpages needs to make a rule about how there can no longer be threads started to support gay bashing or racism because these guys do not seem to be stopping.

1. Eng.M profile image66

it'd better if they do

1. Eng.M profile image66

and that doesn't mean I agree with gay marriage
        but I ban talking about it on the hubpages

7. Eng.M profile image66
    Eng.Mposted 14 years ago
  8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

As has been repeated again and again on this thread; being gay in not a choice...it is no more a choice than choosing to be a natural redhead or blonde.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Okay, my final word in this thread. Don't assume that you know what goes on in others hearts. You obviously have no idea about what you are talking about.

===
      Only God knew what's in our hearts; and i just say as jesus declared." I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."(John 3:3)
      and also " if anyone's name was not found in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15).
      So, No gay in the book of life...

10. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Is "Cole" in the book? Guess I'm goin to hell. My name isn't there. Damn!

====just born again

11. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

That would be lying. And then I would go to hell anyways...

=========
      But, God knew...
      and you could see the religious view in this short forum:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/13826

12. mohamedhmm profile image61
    mohamedhmmposted 14 years ago

gays are taking too much power and more rights over our human rights and politician interests that the government gives us the wrong message by promoting gays; Just for their political benefits regardless what's right and what's wrong.

and it's clear for us; gays not the answer for our problems or sickness; and we need to be more caring about the real solutions and real human rights and there is no meaning for being a gay or support this act; because it's just a choice for life; but; it's wrong choice and immorality choice.

13. mohamedhmm profile image61

Miss California Carrie Prejean ,the Miss USA pageant is saying gay couples should not be allowed to marry; and she is right and God with her.
    And; Miss California goes to Washington, plans to campaign against gay marriage; and it's great mission for the beauty of our life, and we should be with her in this mission:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/ny- … 7474.story

14. mohamedhmm profile image61

A recent poll released this week shows that the majority of American voters do not want their state to allow gay marriage; So, the law makers should realize;that, there is a big difference between human rights and gays act; because to be gay it's illegal act to give them legal rights.

http://www.christianpost.com/Society/Ho … -state-02/

1. thranax profile image73
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about states that already allow it?

I am from Massachusetts, where in fact, Gay-Lesbian Marriage is allowed. I do not see anything that is eating upon my rights as an American citizen and I do not see any problem with allowing a person to choose who they want to be with and who they think they should be allowed to marry.
      I am not saying that homosexuality isn't against someones morals or verses a religion or religious beliefs. I am speaking in all Law forms only, what they chose to do should be up to them. I have a few friends that are Gay, a few that are Lesbians, and a few that are Bisexual.
      Being of a different orientation shouldn't effect how you view someone in terms of friendship etc. A gay male doesn't like all men, a lesbian female doesn't like all girls, and a bisexual doesn't like every single person they meet. They all pick and choose just like a strait person and try to get with who they aim for.
      Why can't people realize it is the year 2009, it will soon be 2010. This is a digital age with many real world changes in it. Nowadays the general population doesn't judge people by Race, Gender, or Sexual Prefaces. Same goes with religion. I have friends who are Jewish and friends who praise Allah. These friends get along with me and each other just fine. Most people judge on how rich they are, what there interests are, and what they can currently accomplish.

~thranax~

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some people prefer to live in the dark ages.

So true.
          If I may interject, without meaning anything negative, Mohamedhmm reminds me of the historic figure of "Malcolm X" but in this terms, not for religion but almost in a religious sense in anti-same sex marriage.
          http://goatmilk.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/malcolm_x.jpg

The way you provide your answers and the flow of the words make me feel that impression, also because I seen a movie about him on the History Channel and its very similar.

~thranax~

===

I am not alone;the history, science, Torah, Bible, Koran, and God with me in this mission; anti same sex marriage, gays.
            and it's for our own good as a human live in one land looking for wellness here and after; and to be gays is immorality behaviors, and not acceptable for us as a human living with many sources of knowledge, health, science, religion; that, they don't agree with this act as choice.

it's not for me; it's for us.

2. mohamedhmm profile image61

====

that's right; to be gay; it's like living in dark ages where lot town committed this crimes-gays- and man doing sex with man; but, in the end  God destroyed their town.; and now it's the DEAD SEA...
          So, gays came back again from lot town to take us to another lot town and dark ages again.
          gays will harm themselves and us too; because we fall in their circles under human rights claims, civil union, and liberal views.
          Morals are the same in the past, now, and later; they don't change by time or place; but, it's our choice to pass God test.
          But, How many caring about morals, values, and God.
          we have mission and purpose in this life; but, to be gay not one of them.

Put your God and all Gods aside and please tell me a scientific and psychological and philological approach to why we should vote no to Same-Sex Marriage, where places like here in Massachusetts it is working well, with only rare instances of any resistance at all. And when you say this, remember theirs a lot of history of the United States here in Massachusetts, including the founding fathers. Your stand on the issue, if you yourself truly believe against it you must defend your case to every single living individual to change there minds. Say your trying to convince an atheist of this (someone who denies the existence of god )(Personal note, I am not an atheist).

Also, saying you can provide that, also in your post tell us how you plan on addressing the issue to someone who is Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual, and what would your means be of telling them, regardless of how they were born or think, that they are wrong?
            -Remember, if you say something like they should be killed or exiled or quarantined, you are basically bringing up more history from Massachusetts, over in Salem was the Witchcraft scare. People use to burn females at the stake for very small evidence saying there "witches" and are evil/ageist god. Applying this will make everyone not believe anything you say because basically you are saying "hey lets destroy people because we don't like how they think" which here in America has been proven to be wrong and unjust.

~thranax~

====
              AIDS

This doesn't answer the questions that must be. Your whole argument is disproved in this one statement unless you can learn or provide the answers completely.

~thranax~

2. tksensei profile image59
              tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's not exactly true. The people of Massachusetts were not allowed to vote on this issue, and the state legislature blatantly violated the state constitution by denying a referendum when opposition groups gathered the required signatures from registered voters to demand one. That having been said, the state is no more screwed up than it was before just because of that, although the will of the people was disregarded (again).

It seems to me that the worst thing people opposed to same sex marriage can do for their cause is to go on and on about being opposed to homosexuality in general. They only end up looking like extremist cranks (like someone who has been posting on this thread quite a lot). Opposition to same sex marriage does not necessarily have anything to do with approving or not approving of who someone wants to sleep with or fall in love with.

Likewise, the worst thing people in favor of same sex marriage can do is try to paint anyone and everyone opposed to same sex marriage as crazy, ranting, homophobes and/or religious extremists. Not everyone opposed to same sex marriage is motivated by religious fervor or hates/fears homosexuals.

The calm, rational argument will rise to the top, while "God shall smite thee!" or "You hateful Nazi coward!" arguments congeal on the bottom.

1. calebd profile image59

There is precedent for natural law arguments overruling the will of the majority. You can't honestly argue that ignoring "the will of the people" was what happened. It's reprehensible that the majority are even expected to give consent to equal rights for the disenfranchised. There is specific constitutional backing for protecting the rights of the minority from tyranny of the majority. Retrograde populism isn't a right.

I'd love to hear a calm, rational argument against gay marriage. I'm fairly certain not all people who are against it are religious or necessarily bigoted in practice but their views are. If opposition does not have anything to do with approval of a position, what does it mean? Is there really a need to draw false equivalence between the two positions? I'm sure it sounds balanced but those two positions are nothing alike. Hyperbole, certainly, but nowhere near equivalent.

1. tksensei profile image59

Sure you can. The laws of the state provide for a means for the people to express their views in such instances, and those consitutional means were disregarded by the legislature. Had the people of Massachusetts been give a chance to have their voice heard I expect that they would have voted against same sex marriage by a small margin and in favor of civil unions by a wide margin, but they were not given that chance. Instead, 7 people decided for almost 7 million, and the legislature hid from their responsibility like cowards. But in any case, the world hasn't ended because of it.

1. calebd profile image59

No, the world hasn't ended. That much is clear. There is no requirement for that specific constitutional mean to be applied in every case. 7 people decide for millions multiple times a year. Simply because it's one of those hot-button issues does not mean that going through the judiciary was ignoring the will of the people. There have always been multiple avenues for legislation.

15. Leland Janson profile image60
    Leland Jansonposted 14 years ago

Hmm, someone using religion as an argument against homosexuality?  How original.

16. Uninvited Writer profile image79

This conversation is going no where. You keep repeating the same things over and over again and don't listen to the facts. You are wasting bandwidth.

===

but what do you have to add, already i explained why gays not right choice for them or for us.
      So, what do you have could change that; any religious view or science view could support you?
      i doubt in that.

17. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

i vote yes to same sex marrages as no one has the right to stop people in love being together no matter who they are . so why should any one give up the person they love just because some one else does not like it .

That is all great, but isn't really the issue. Whether or not same sex marriage is legal doesn't mean people can't be together or love each other. It is a specific legal distinction.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but of course they don't have the legal benefits of those who are married either, now, do they?  I'm strongly with Iowa's ruling on this.  There is no constitutional precedence. It is legally wrong as well as ethically wrong in denying a human right.

She has the right idea.  She just doesn't seem fond of dragging in 1/2 argued stances on legalities...  At the core of this, her thoughts are the valid ones towards realizing full human rights.

edit:  You sure have a cute dog for someone I disagree with entirely!

There you go. That is the crux of the issue, not who is afraid of whom or what is going to get God mad at you.

2. tksensei profile image59

LOL! I'll take any positivity I can get!

3. profile image0
          isis_dreams2002posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is correct but I do believe that no matter if it is same sex or opppsite sex marrages all legal law findings should be the same.

18. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

i vote yes to same sex marrages as no one has the right to stop people in love being together no matter who they are . so why should any one give up the person they love just because some one else does not like it .

19. mohamedhmm profile image61

Gays=immorality
    Gays=AIDS
    Gays=Anti-God
    Gays=disorder act
    Gays=HIV
    Gays=homosexual>>>>> Anti-life, Anti-health, anti- kids rights, and anti common human rights
    Gays >>><<<<< Sickness

20. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thread closed by admin.

Nothing further to be gained here.  Both sides have stated their case, but what started as a debate has now degenerated into personal attacks and borderline hate speech.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)