What part of today's technology do you hate?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (63 posts)
  1. MissJamieD profile image56
    MissJamieDposted 12 years ago

Is it computers, email, texting, abbreviations (lol, lmao, etc,), cellphones, video games, viruses, hacking, identity theft??

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My son's xbox. It has turned him from an ordinary boy to someone who likes to sit in the dark in his room, engulfed in a virtual world at every opportunity. If he was allowed, he would spend every waking minute on it. As he is not permitted to do this, it has become the subject of great dispute and the fuel for many heated exchanges.

MissJamieDposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sadly you're not the only parent with this issue;(

2. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The thing I hate the most about technology is how reliant on it we are today. We cannot seem to live without our cellphones, computers, tvs, etc. It's kind of sad. =/

To answer your question more specifically, newer washers and dryers annoy the crap out of me. Why do I need to press 50 billion buttons just to wash my clothes!?!

3. jesimpki profile image92
      jesimpkiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bluetooth headsets...I can't stand when someone I'm trying to do business with has one attached to their ear and they decide to start up a conversation with someone on their phone.  At least they look crazy (from the correct side) when they're walking around and look like they're talking to themselves.  Makes me want to invest in a cell jammer though...

4. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I really do not like the word hate. However, if I were to hate anything of technology to day, at the personal level, it is the dim-darn sound card in my PC. I have a new one, yet lazy is the theme some say, though awaiting a day of ease to rebuild. Actually, I asked a nephew if he would like that chore, while making it a family trust. I ponder has anyone considered all these miraculous apps of phones - androids (Bicentennial Man was an android), Iphones (seems to be a bit of the 'self' when considering symbolic interactionism), cell is old and once was a term offered to terrorist, and of course the smart phones (Self Esteem comes to mind with that app), are just that, applications.

What are they applying anyway? Or, are they information gathering applications? Since most are connected to a satellite, ponder the satellite and just whose sent that message where the lake is and how to drive straight ahead. They are miraculous in theme, though possibly seeking a return those investments may be more than thought, statistics and all that. Don't we submit an application seeking something - job, credit,  membership, and etc.

Counting the contractions just may be a fun to learn with, yet just where does that app(lication) send that information anyway? A satellite? and Whose? Ponder a bit and a byte that your phone is more sophisticated than a home PC regarding information. Just asking how many use their kids phone to figure out where they are today? I know parents who do that all day. Is your phone a company phone or do you own it out right. If a company phone everything that goes through it is not subject to a search warrant. Knowing you are calling from the beach and not driving to that account is valuable information to someone.

On that line regarding sophistication seems the home PC, which is really less sophisticated than the 'mobile' phone regarding information, is more sophisticated than the computers that landed someone on the moon. How long ago was it that Mr. Peabody introduced us to the WAYBAC  machine a social commentary on the then 'new' UNIVAC and ENIAC. How big was that room that housed that now obsolete component of technology, well, actually somewhere read it was a floor and not a room. Now a floor of a building is in your hands. Actually more than one floor, a whole buildign maybe said. Cool eh? And, only 62 years or so has gone by since Mr. Peabody caused a bit of laughter to us baby boomers.  I giggle thinking metaphorically how many floors of a building is tossed in a landfill today regarding knowledge and all. Allegorically with time as a factor, that WAYBAC machine transporting a dog of all things back in time was introduced years before Friendship 7's maiden voyage. How about that? Did they ponder going back before going forward?

Today, still giggling and sharing when I giggle many times it is of nervousness, rather than humor, I am amazed more than stumped - trees and all. The only component I imagine that throws a wrench into the works of it all is trust. Let's do some pondering. That app said go straight and you discover you are in the middle of the Ocean, I think I read, though memory fades. How did that affect your level of trust on the source of information. Do you ponder a different satellite intercepted the request, and being artificial intelligence, maybe or maybe not having a sense of humor, played a trick to see if you ever use that app again? Do you consider it may be measuring how long before trusting that app occurs. Remember computers only think in 0's and 1's, strings of them, yet only answer with a 'yes' or . . .

What is measured with all those apps anyways? And just who is doing the measuring? You? Or that phone no matter the manufacturer or contractor being the provider is powered by batteries. It has a chip or two. Is that chip on a shoulder or part of a diamond being carefully formed. Have you ever read the real purpose of the CAPTCHA we type in when emailing someone or whatever requiring knowing if a human or a bot? Seems it is part of a plan to be able to read all those books of old and then cause it to be available for FREE to anyone. Used for security purposes more than not. Yet, ponder just why is the written word of old sought for so vehemently? Just what is being searched for and sought? Answers? Do you think someone realized the now was once before and the next(el) is really a puzzle more than anything else? Just what does 'El' mean anyway?

Please insert disclaimer here published at 'After Midnight Babble Minus the Rules' stating all above is a social commentary and bears no truth, only speculation.

tim

5. bridalletter profile image78
      bridalletterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Social media. It is a love, hate relationship. I enjoy it on so many levels and educated myself about it. The hate part is really in the current generation, my kids don't communicate well. For myself, it is a time consuming indoor, sitting activity. It needs limits. More room for real life and activites versus technology time.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Technically Inept SPAMMERS!!  big_smile

MissJamieDposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good answer! SPAM is a huge annoyance and waste of time!

3. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years ago

I hate the extreme intrusion on privacy.  It is way too easy to hack into accounts, take pictures of people without their knowledge or consent, spy on others, and generally do whatever they want without anybody else giving their informed consent.  It scares the devil out of me what people can do with today's technologies.

1. greatstuff profile image92
      greatstuffposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree..the fact that at this very moment that we are on the internet reading and answering forum on the hubpages, google etc is able to track everything that we do, our preferences, where go next etc etc yes/no?

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Their ability to mow the lawn around the building with deafening noise at 7:30 in the morning, 2 - 3 times a week all spring, summer and fall non-stop in ANY weather. Could they just GROW SHORT GRASS???

5. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Cell phones. Everywhere you go someone is either texting or having a conversation at the top of their voices. Some idiot almost takes the bumper of your car while driving and having a conversation on their phone. Then I get home and my two kids are fixated to their Blackberry. AHHH

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

It concerns me that devices are replacing human interactions (not to mention stealing jobs).
      These days, there's an "app" for everything.
      No need to interact with another person. Just press a spot on your smart phone.
      I worry that we are actually losing our ability to think for ourselves as well as to have real conversations and relationships with others.

But then, who am I to argue?
      I connect with a global virtual community of hubbers at every opportunity!
      lol

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
        Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A girlfriend of mine recently told me there was app for counting contractions.  Really?  I've had four babies and counting contractions really was not that difficult of a task that I felt the need to turn it over to my phone!!  It's absurd what they've created apps for.

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

Wow - what a list I could compile on this subject... smile

Above all, however, it has to be microwave ovens. I can't begin to understand how people can eat the vile gunge that comes out of them and would rather go to the bother of building a fire with sticks to cook food than use these pinging destroyers of taste and nutrition. (There's also the fact that I wouldn't have a clue how to use one beyond the stage of plugging it in...) 

Just a personal pet hate lol

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention the fact that they destroy all nutritional value in your food. They just 'kill' it. I threw mine away and not missing it at all. I wrote a hub about it.

3. WriteAngled profile image75
      WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

The fact that everything is increasingly being produced in such a way that an ordinary person can no longer fix things themselves.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, true! We become stupid, helpless,ignorant weaklings! We lose know-how on everything. We don't know what to eat, how to treat a minor infection or how to put a nail in our wall. Shame, really.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image60

Agreed!  It is why I have steadfastly tried to keep any older vehicles we have versus replacing them with new ones.  We finally broke down and got a van that is an '03 but the last one was a '95, my husband's truck is and 90, my bike is a '77, his are '79 & '80, my mother's truck is an '86, and they are all so much easier to work on than the newer vehicles.

4. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

How about the installation process for most new electronic gadgets? You need a degree in Computer Science just to turn the stuff on....let alone figure out all the options the gadget comes with!

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that!
        I just got a new phone and deliberately asked for one that is NOT a "smart" phone.
        I admit I am simply too stupid to handle a smart phone!

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  My husband teases me for my old phone!! I refuse to have a smart phone, too!

2. mary615 profile image83
          mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My kids bought me a iPhone, and I will never learn to use all the features. I just wanted a plain, old phone, nothing fancy!  I'm ready to sell it, and get myself a plain little phone!

5. Lady_E profile image60
      Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

I don't like Sat Navs called (GPS) in US.

.... particularly when the voice says "drive straight ahead" and there is either no way ahead or there is a lake.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  I once left mine on after it guided me to a ferry in Vancouver Island.  Hours later as we neared Seattle it still showed us in the middle of the ocean and was telling me to "make a U-turn.  Make a U-turn."

You gotta love it!

6. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I despise cell phones.  It angers me when I am standing in front of a person and they are too busy texting someone else to notice me.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too, I despise them.

7. aware profile image66
      awareposted 12 years ago

cars .    you know  a person use to be able to fix their own car.  engines use to be simple and easy to get to. but not now . you need a nasa engineer and a computer genius. for a tune up.

8. MissJamieD profile image56
      MissJamieDposted 12 years ago

I agree with all of you, but I'm guilty of using some of these things;( as far as math goes I'm very thankful for phones or calculators because my brain is too ADD to wrap itself around that subject. But I still know the basics because I have kids in school that need help with homework and it doesn't make sense that they use calculators in school! I'm a lost cause but kids should be expected to know basic math skills. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe so:)

9. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years ago

I don't hate any technology, but I get headaches from having so many options to get the same thing done. I can't stand stores! And I hate having to log in and remember fifteen different passwords to check all my emails and accounts. Ugh!!

10. profile image0
      RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

It is texting abbreviations.  I am very behind the times, and have only started using a mobile phone in the past couple of weeks, and I sent my first text only yesterday.  However, I refuse to use such abbreviations as "how r u?"  I type the message in full, except for punctuation, because I have not yet worked out how to do this.  When I do though, I shall use punctuation.  And as for "LOL", I really hate this.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not that my grammar or  punctuation skills are that great, but I know what you mean. No full stops or commas, have to read the message twice to make sense of it. Makes me cringe My English teacher at secondary school would have been turning in her grave.

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!! Rkry Spner! U R a trip! LOL
        luv, dude! <3 ROFLMAO U Cool! big_smile

11. ubanichijioke profile image73
      ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

I hate internet fraud [all of it]

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto on that. smile

12. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Plus all those humongous contracts we have to read before using any software or joining any website.

1. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I never bother to read them, just scroll down and tick the box.

The few I read long ago seemed so irrelevant to me anyway...

13. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years ago

Use to be parents had control when there child ended up getting consequences. Now the Social sites have control and your kids can block you from there account, trying to control you. Yes it may sound intrusive but when you have a 20 year old chasing a 15 year old, I really have a problem with that. Social sites such as FB should give the parent more control of their child's account. We should not have to jump through hoops to protect our children.

14. profile image59
      tinac43posted 12 years ago

Okay I have a love/hate relationship with my computer.  One day I love mine and swear it is the greatest thing since the wheel.  Then another day it starts doing something and I cannot get a thing done and want to throw it out in the trash.  Technology is a wonderful thing at times.(Smiles)

15. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Luddites Unite!!! smile

16. gracenotes profile image89
      gracenotesposted 12 years ago

Medical technology is good -- some of the time.

I truly wish we didn't have some of it though.  I'd rather be dead than have my life prolonged and need special care for the rest of my life.  Certain kinds of procedures and treatments are now possible, when 50 years ago, you would have died, and physicians would have let you go.

As miraculous as it is, medical technology has made life more complicated and difficult.

17. joseph merlin profile image40
      joseph merlinposted 12 years ago

As technology increased spammers also increased in online world and now risk of trusting on any programme is much high. Don't know when the spammers closed the door and your pocket empty.

18. jirel profile image73
      jirelposted 12 years ago

I hate spammers,hackers and viruses.However, technology is something without which we cannot live without.I am even updated to technology news that I think is important.http://www.ashish-ask.com/ is one of the sites I view.I wish we ruled technology not technology ruled us.It's like we are outdated even we are not familiar with recent technologies.

19. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years ago

Everything mentioned is a tip of the ice-burg. Technologically speaking, the bad will get worse and the good will get better. Those of us who are ambivalent as far as technology, will loose out big time. We have to make it work for us. Life will become even more technologically based in the future. Luckily, we won't be around for the way more advanced developments that will be occurring during the Age of Aquarius. There will be private funding for manned space flights (star trek like). Voice activated keyboarding with automatic grammar and proper spelling.  Flying cars. Robots that look human. Segway like People-movers in every garage. High speed rails and monorails,  Exclusively online education. Weird electronic music coming from pc devices only. Gone will be all analog recording stuff. Gone will be tape cassettes and recorders, which I still use.( What... am I going to go out and purchase a Pro-tools recording system and actually learn how to use it? I have a friend with 130 IQ who did. He kept repeating to himself during the week he learned to use it, "I am a very patient person... I am a very patient person...")
      No more video cassettes, CDs or records or record players. Which brings me to what distresses me the most. There is nothing like hearing a record playing on a record player! Picking up the needle carefully, delicately placing it down on the desired song.... ah, those were the days.

20. NCBIer profile image61
      NCBIerposted 11 years ago

It bothers me that some people can't seem to disconnect long enough to have a meal or a conversation without checking their smartphone for texts or emails.

21. LetitiaFT profile image73
      LetitiaFTposted 11 years ago

Trying to make it work, whether on its own or with other technologies it allegedly syncs with!

22. Docmo profile image92
      Docmoposted 11 years ago

I don't hate the technology - I despise those who abuse it  to annoy others, to cause harm, chaos and confusion. Technology at its purest form is there to help and not hinder. It's the inappropriate use of such inventions to meddle and mess that could be annoying....

1. tsmog profile image83

Here, here. Define despise please. I am confused though in agreement. Annoying is pointed like a spear, Athena carried one, seems an owl was a friend of hers too. The source at times is, either or, a or an, if not the means and the motivation don't you think Docmo? Have you considered the parts rather than the whole? Just asking?

23. Dame Scribe profile image56
      Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

I posted a article and my computer got shut down hmm that's what I don't like about technology. Something literally comes into your home via my phone line. I don't have anything to hide so not really worried with what I'm doing online-  only that it's easy to 'manipulate' such information to say otherwise hmm

1. tsmog profile image83

Hello Dame Scribe. I am in a jovial mood, so for the readership, consider 'that' the disclaimer, lol. I like to play with words. God forbid I ever learn Greek I would be lost for sure. Again in jest, have you considered Man-I-Pulate. I have and this is the discovery shared with a link. You may enjoy what was discovered having something to do with music. http://legitimatebodies.blogspot.com/20 … ulate.html

A very interesting read at Legitimate Bodies, presented at Blogger.com. A smile slides along this face worn, realizing others, which is more than me, have pondered that word - manipulate. Oddly, again, bowing to the disclaimer, as the workplace beckons soon, bringing who knows what, and quoting Docmo "Despise," contempt, or otherwise. After reading that article I pondered some more, manipulate, and then Bach and Beethoven (wasn't he blind while remembering justice too) came to mind. A question arose pondering if they were truly 'manipulators' or actually universally, if not at least worldly, renown composers of thoughts shared as music and isn't that really mathematics. Remember the ending to that movie 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind?'

I know, the why for comes up regarding this wandering through a forest, some thought was technology, yet really is nothing but ideas, and if'n I remember correctly, those are free. I was once told by a man, seems he knew a prison from wartime, that the only 'real true freedom' one has is "Freedom of Thought." Now, I ponder his wisdom wondering about the word 'of' being imposed in disguise.

Should there have been a comma somewhere? Ponder, again, consider the disclaimer and this is a public forum, isn't it, 'Freedom, of thought', versus 'Freedom of, thought.' Context comes to mind regarding content. Originally spoken all that was really heard from that man who served his country, whom sat in a foreign land's prison for years, was verbally - "Freedom of Thought."

Making the statement once that what is writ is really a byproduct of love, being reading, could be construed as trash. The recommendation if read by any, I dun'no, is sift through the gibberish and capitalize on the junk tossed aside, while making room for newness; reduce - reuse - recycle. Bear in mind as shared this author sharing is an 'antenna' and not a communicator. My hope is those of credibility just nod and run with it seeking the goal, me, well, I appreciate you, Dame Scribe, Docmo, and the other contributors read sparking a bit of this and that.

Well, it is near to 11am and I have to clock in for work soon. I appreciate the fun with words today Dame Scribe. My hope is none took offense of just babbling a bit and a byte. I mean they are just words, ideas, and thoughts

tim

24. NMLady profile image75
      NMLadyposted 11 years ago

The part where the geeks write the instructions.  Take the time to teach a non-geek how to use it and let them write the instructions.  You know, like lots of us here on Hub!

1. tsmog profile image83

Well said and have fun doing so. I ponder geek is greek - R. Hubs is the value of worth. I agree with the reply. Personally I have a whole bunch of hubs to fix with links and stuff like that. No hubs for me for a bit and a byte. Yet I will be reading yours and voting too. I like to leave accolades too. One thing cool about forums is it is just that - forum. They are not hubs. I prefer answers of late and seek them out, naturally, within in hubs as do most on the internet - seeking answers the question is 'what.'

Remember the disclaimer and this answer is spontaneity as was yours in a forum. Tonight is when I read and vote. I so love to read hubs offering a whole new life of adventures, treasure seeking, and then spreading the good word to co-workers on the morrow.

Thank you

tim

25. Peanutritious profile image59
      Peanutritiousposted 11 years ago

I loathe text speak it's lazy. LOL has to be one of the most irritating phrases used. My blood boils when I read messages like 'CU L8R M8! Gggrrrrrrrrrr!

1. tsmog profile image83

Hello peanutritious. Sharing, I do not own any mobile phone of any type, as yet. When I see what was writ I plead ignorance while desiring to know. From the 'old world' being chat things are remembered like ( name ) is a hug and while for pets of some it is { pet's name } for a bit of petting. What is really odd of those who play is that really sounds kinda' kinky, eh? Just kidding.

Oh, I did google your note to learn what it was and giggle a bit and a byte. Seems to me that maybe, just maybe when adding some some greek myth to the ending Gggrrrrrrrrrr! being 'ate,' well, though delusional, Tony said it all the time. And, that weren't any breakfast of champions since  sugar was an additive. Odd, did that just tie into the avatar of originality or was it a plot and soon a novel will follow or at least a short story. Poem Maybe?

Ending if caught I walk, though won't, yet smile knowing it is likened to a 'yawn' with reciprocity remembering just 'who' asked some time back.

Nice to see you again, Peanutritious. By the way just where is Lucy now adays?

tim

26. Peanutritious profile image59
      Peanutritiousposted 11 years ago

Hello Tim,
      Have we met before on hp? If so then I'm afraid I don't remember where. I've no idea who Lucy is either. Tara.

1. tsmog profile image83

Hello Tara. Is that as in 'Gone With the Wind?' Seems an Irishman established that plantation. Lucy was a word association arrived through spontaneity. I use to do that exercise commenting on hubs and my fingers hurt afterwords, rulers or yardsticks come to mind. I thought of 'Peanuts' and Charlie Brown when I read your moniker. Off I went wondering about Lucy, Linus, Schroeder, and of course Snoopy.

Do have a nice day. Have you met Nell Rose and Movie Master yet? they are near to your neck of the woods.

tim

1. Peanutritious profile image59
          Peanutritiousposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Tim, yes my name is in 'Gone with the wind' and I have an irish mother! I know Nell but i'm not familiar with Movie Master yet, i'll check him out. Thanks for following me, i'm off to have a good read of your hubs.
          Tara.

27. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 11 years ago

Calls being dropped has made me very frustrated!

28. profile image55
      gautams1posted 11 years ago

I do not like receiving spam email from random companies looking for me to subscribe to their service. What I do not like is when they do not provide a link to unsubscribe to their mailing list. Great question.

29. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7216881_f520.jpg

1. tsmog profile image83

You weren't reading the wall street journal today were you? Remember gravity is 32ft/sec/sec. Yet, remembering something about Montana and dental floss seems those minute men could hoover awhile and then go up or down. I better check the 401k, yet I'm vested with some European risk stuff. This year a tad more than before last and I like Delaware in the spring time too.

30. safiq ali patel profile image66
      safiq ali patelposted 11 years ago

The electricity bill that goes with most technology

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)