Do you give more attention to new formatted hubber profiles over the old?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (23 posts)
  1. ithabise profile image73
    ithabiseposted 11 years ago

Do you give more attention to new formatted hubber profiles over the old?

The new profile formatting is a real improvement in look and usability. Some hubber's profiles are awesome. Does this make you frown on those who have not updated yet? I understand that it's their choice, but do you find yourself less interested in them?

2. mattforte profile image88
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

Doesn't matter what I think of them, I'm just another hubber. But they're far more attention getting, and the average googler that stumbles across them is going to be much more likely to click-through than they would have with the old profile pages.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree, they definitely encourage a casual visitor to read through more of your articles.  I've been getting more traffic since I switched.

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 11 years ago

To be honest, I am "guilty" of passing over the profiles that still have the old format.  The thing I like to most about the new format is that you can see all of a person's articles, not just a sample as with the old format.  I enjoy scrolling down the list of titles and seeing all the different topics a person writes about. 

The new profiles are also easier on the eyes since they don't show the full text of a person's "About Me" section. I've seen some users whose bios clock in at well over a thousand words and if they still have the old format, all you see is a massive wall of text when you click on their profile.  Sometimes they write it all in bold italic caps to boot! I definitely hit the back button whenever I see that. 

Some people are holding on to the old format because they have links they want to keep, and the new format no longer allows links.  That's really the only thing I don't like about the new design.

1. ithabise profile image73
      ithabiseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great answer. I too am guilty of passing them over. But you're right: The new profile is more visually appealing. And what of those massive walls of text--wow!

4. lucybell21 profile image65
    lucybell21posted 11 years ago

No I just read what I want, and I don't even notice all the fancy stuff.

5. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

No, I do not frown on those who have not updated yet, as I read what I love to read no matter if it is under the new profile or not, and I do not find them less interesting.

6. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

Personally, it doesn't matter to me which format the hubber uses, however, I do tend to give hubbers with the new format more attention because the new format has characteristics that grab my attention. The photos are attractive and not having long bios in my face just make for a more appealing page. It is easy to sort through and find a good hub to read.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those are very good points, Marlene.

7. wheelinallover profile image76
    wheelinalloverposted 11 years ago

I personally changed to the new style because it is the most visually appealing sub domain I use. If I could show it on my website it would be there and all my articles would be on hub pages.

I know more people are paying more attention to the profile I have up now. Readership is increasing on hubs too. My link my not be clickable however it remains. Since they can click through to the free picture website from a hub if they can't copy and paste more people are opening the hub.

In the end I don't feel it matters what others are doing. No one who uses my hub pages account goes to profiles anyway. Someone shares at least an article a day most written by other hubbers and picked up on the feed we see when we first log in.

I know I feel more comfortable sharing my profile link than I ever have. It really does what is intended and shows what I have written in a way which more readers  are clicking through.

8. DDE profile image47
    DDEposted 11 years ago

I browse through whatever I want to read and don't mind the format

9. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

Not really as I tend to read what is interesting to me. There are already hubbers that always catch my attention due to their names and writings eventhough their profiles are still the old ones. Though I have a new formatted profile now, it does not matter at all whether the hubbers have new or old formatted profiles.

10. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

Yes I do prefer the new style and love to see the latest trends.

11. Gail Meyers profile image65
    Gail Meyersposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have given more attention to the profile with the new format.  It is more functional, but I especially like the way it allows you to choose which hubs to display.

12. Sinea Pies profile image60
    Sinea Piesposted 11 years ago

I was very happy with the old but when I saw the slideshow of featured hubs I wanted to change right away. It is much more attractive and I believe it can lead to more views.

13. randomizing profile image78
    randomizingposted 11 years ago

I prefer the new format smile) But it doesn't really matter that much to me smile

14. howlermunkey profile image74
    howlermunkeyposted 11 years ago

I think both have their advantages, but it really comes down to the writer's content and if it interests me or not. (more times than not it does). The first time I saw the new profile Simone had it (hubpages staff), and it did catch my attention. I really  like the visual effects of the new. I would say its an improvement, gives the writer a little more room for expression and style.

15. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I find that I am more likely to browse through an updated profile format than the old.
    I can get a good idea of what the hubber writes more easily with the new profile.  I think the old profile looks outdated, but it doesn't matter to me if a hubber updates or doesn't, but their profile may get more attention if it is.

16. profile image0
    danielabramposted 11 years ago

I give much more attention because there are many more options. The pics I use in my hubs are funnier because they have more prominence on the profile page and my featured hubs are rotated every week.

17. Goody5 profile image60
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

No I don't give any more attention to the new formatted hubber profiles than I do for the man on the moon. A matter of fact I much prefer the older profile page, which loads a whole lot quicker. The new design takes literary forever to finish loading on older operating systems. This is yet another change to the hub pages which is pushing people away. If you don't believe it, then just take a look at the current statistics on the hub pages' home page.

18. StandingJaguar profile image69
    StandingJaguarposted 11 years ago

I joined HubPages only recently when the new format was automatically given to me. I do tend to spend more time looking at a profile in the new format than the old, there is just something about the old one that is less engaging.

19. christin53 profile image84
    christin53posted 11 years ago

I prefer the new profile as I find it a lot more visually stimulating so I probably stay on it longer than the old profiles, although that doesn't stop me reading an old profile if it's interesting.

20. geetbhim profile image61
    geetbhimposted 11 years ago

It really doesn't matter what matters to me is the content of course the new profile is amazing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)