Never Let A Chance Go By ~ John Hansen

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Don't Miss this inspirational collection of poems on Chance written by John Hansen.

He takes us by the hand and shows us the true meaning of taking a chance.

https://hubpages.com/literature/Never-L … -Encourage

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello John!
      Excellent response to the word prompt, Chance. I found it motivating, with words of wisdom, weaved within each line of your well crafted poems. So true, that we should be able to come out of our comfort zones, and take chances.
      Thank you for sharing this wonderful post.
      Thank you Brenda, for sharing John’s excellent work.

1. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Chitrangada, thank you as always for reading and commenting on my writing. I am glad you found these poems motivating and well-crafted. I need to heed my own advice about getting out of my comfort zone.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are quite welcome Chitrangada.

Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Thank you  John for This inspiring   introduction.

There are times life calls out for us to take a chance.

Excellent video choice ~ Celine  dion.

You're dumb take your chances fills our heart with inspiration.

It's hard sometimes to break away from the normal routine that we've come to know, comma but sometimes it's just what we need to do.

Great advice.

You're acrostic Poem chance ~  Totally grasp just what it is to take a chance.

Every moment could be gone and one fleeting instance.. We need to grasp the chance if we want to take it.

John I love your poem living on the Volcano.

It truly tells how most of us feel.  Sometimes it's easier to stay where we are hoping not to rock the boat.

Sometimes chances aren't what we think they're going to be and we end up drowning in them

Trying to stay safe. hopefully it will go well.

Great quote:

You can't go through life protecting yourself from everything. You have to take chances. Because if you don't, then you may as well not be living.
    — Unknown

All your videos were great.  Daughtry ~ One last chance is a good song too.

All your poems were excellent thanks for sharing them with us.

I'll post the link in the word prompt article.

3. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 2 years ago

Wonderful John.I like the way in which you were able to motivate and weave in inspiring messages within your words. A lovely response to Brenda's challenge.

THanks, Brenda for sharing.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thank you for reading and for the kind words, Ravi. Much appreciated.

4. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Brenda, thank you for reading and for the initial prompt. "Chance" was certainly a good word. Glad you liked these poems, as well as the videos. Also, thank you for sharing the link.

1. surovi99 profile image84
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

This was superb poetry with great videos and quotes. I loved all of it. Definitely think it is an excellent response to Brenda's prompt, "Chance."Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Brenda, for sharing John's work.

Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

John. .
      Sorry about that word dumb.

That was supposed to be poem.

So much for voice recordings.

Happy Easter.

1. Jodah profile image92

I wondered about that lol. All good though. Happy Easter.

5. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hello Rosina. Thank you for your generous comment. I am glad you enjoyed the entire article...poems, videos and quotes.

6. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 2 years ago

John's poems are relevant for me. I'm more prone to take chances now that I'm older. John's words have  inspired me to welcome a challenge, to embrace change. Plus, the lines are so easy to read. Thanks, John. Thanks Brenda.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hello MsDora, I am happy that you find my poems relevant and that they inspire you to welcome change. I too probably welcome change more now than I once did, a lot of it due to my wife's encouragement. Blessings to you.

7. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

Your poems are excellent John. You tackle taking chances in different ways, which makes your poems very interesting.

It is easier not to take a chance sometimes but you were right about maybe taking regret to our graves. I enjoyed all you quotes and the Celine Dion video as well.

Thanks for posting John's poems Brenda.

1. Jodah profile image92

Pamela, I am pleased that you found these poems interesting, and enjoyed the quotes and Celine Dion video.

8. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Well done, John!

Nice weaving of poems on the word prompt "chance". All the poems in this post give some good messages to people on taking or not taking chances. It involves some risk, but taking risks may give some satisfaction to our soul that we tried all our available means to better our lives.

Thank you Brenda for sharing it.

9. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you, Venkatachari. It is always a pleasure to have you read my poetry. Thanks for the generous comment.

10. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Such a lovely and inspiring response to Brenda's word prompt, 'Chance.' John, I always love reading your poems. All of the poems, quotes, and videos were excellent. I also shared the link to your hub with my brother and a few of my friends. My brother enjoyed reading your poems as well. He especially loved the first one. I enjoyed all of your poems but the last poem, 'Living on the Volcano,' was so profound and exquisite. Thank you for taking the time to share your wise and inspiring words with us in the form of beautiful poems..

Bredz, thanks for sharing John's beautiful poems

Happy Easter and many Blessings to both of you.

1. Jodah profile image92

Oh Misbah, you are just too kind. Thank you for sharing my poems with your brother and some of your friends. I am happy that he enjoyed them, especially the first, and you liked “Living on the Volcano.” It is my favourite too. Thank you for the Easter blessing, and blessings back at you.

11. vidsagster profile image86
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Beautiful, inspiring poems John. A great response to Brenda's word prompt. I enjoyed reading them all. Its true, we only have one life and if we don't take chances we will never enjoy it. I loved the Celine  dion video, the images and the quotes. Thanks for sharing Brenda.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Vidya. I am pleased that you found this poetry inspiring, and that you enjoyed the Celine Dion video and quotes. Thank you.

12. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

John, what a wonderful, positive approach to "chance." Thank you for your inspirational words.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hello Linda. Thank you so much. I always try to stay positive, and if my words can inspire I have done my job. Take care.

13. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

Thank you for the encouraging and inspirational article, John. I think it may make many people contemplate the path that they are taking through life.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Linda, I really appreciate your comment. I’d like to think what I write can encourage people to contemplate their path in life.

14. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Living on or near a volcano is the epitome of living with taking chances.  Pompeii comes to mind.  Thanks Brenda for sharing John's excellent poetry with us.  Many people rely upon your word prompts each week for inspiration.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Peg, yes you can’t get much riskier than living near an active volcano. I am glad you enjoyed these poems. Yes, I certainly rely on Brenda’s word prompts for inspiration.

15. Vellur profile image96
    Vellurposted 2 years ago

An excellent response to Brenda's word prompt. Life is all about taking chances and we will never know until we try. I enjoyed reading your well-crafted rhyming poems as always.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thank you for reading my poems in response to Brenda’s latest challenge, Vidya. I appreciate your kind comment.

16. Eurofile profile image96
    Eurofileposted 24 months ago

Thank you for sharing this, Brenda. I always enjoy reading John's poetry. Once again he has risen to the challenge to produce three quality poems. I especially appreciate the difference in tone between the first upbeat poem and the third. As always there is an injection of humour. The one who wants to play it safe is actually in a very dangerous place, on a volcano.

17. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 24 months ago

Hey Liz, great to know you enjoy my poetry, and appreciate the different tone and touch of humour. Thank you for reading and commenting.

18. aesta1 profile image90
    aesta1posted 21 months ago

Thank you, John, for always bringing hope. Your articles speak so much of you as a person.

1. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Aww Mary, you are too kind. We need to always have hope in everything we attempt and do in life.

19. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 21 months ago

Hi John,

What a journey of chance one takes in just living life. Chances are in full force in my world, and I am that country girl that has taken her share.

Thanks, for the pleasure of reading another poem by you. Well done.

Until I read another,
    Bobbi Purvis

1. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Hi Bobbi, yes, life is full of chances and we have to decide whether to take them or not. Often it is worth the risk. Thank you for reading my poetry. I always greatly appreciate it.

20. Farah N Huq profile image84
    Farah N Huqposted 21 months ago

Beautiful poems there. I believe so too. No good chance should be thrown away. Change might make us feel uncomfortable but not trying it might become a life-long regret. Loved the poems. Blessings to you and thank you, Brenda, for sharing.

21. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 21 months ago

Thank you for reading these poems, Farah. We always tend to regret the chances we don’t take. I always appreciate your comments. Blessings.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)