No go

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (53 posts)
  1. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Where would you NOT want to travel?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have never had any interest in going to say, Cleveland or Detroit. but that could be they need a more proactive chamber of commerce.

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The chamber of commerce already fled.
        lol lol lol

Weird fact about the Detroit area:
        Buildings on every block are vacant. But... somehow... the traffic is as brutal as it ever has been! Where in the world can so many people be driving too?!?

I would like to think that those of us who are still here would have the benefit of less traffic.
        But, no.

2. blbhhdcn profile image59
      blbhhdcnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

iraq!

1. drej2522 profile image68
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wait, I thought Iraq was in 2008's Top 10 vacation spots!...damnit, I knew the recruiter was full of it!

3. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somalia!

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Depends on whether I go alone or with a family. smile

3. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Can't think of a place I wouldn't travel. With the exception of any place my mother may already be.

4. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

South Africa and Colombia - they've got the two highest murder rates in the world!

1. arthriticknee profile image67
      arthritickneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Acutally Colombia has many different levels of safety. Some parts are No Go for sure but others are much safer than other parts of South America - Brazil in particular can get a little hairy in places.

When I was last over there I spent heaps of time in Colombia but gave Venezuela a wide birth due to the political instability at the time - there was a good chance the whole place was about to fall apart.

You need to choose the right time and you can visit nearly anywhere

1. jenblacksheep profile image67
        jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've just published my first hub out of 6 about my trip to Venezuela! It was amazing and I was surprised about how safe it was. I wasn't in Caracas though (for the most part). It's just like anywhere else, some parts are safe and other parts aren't. And I was there just as they declared war on Columbia!

5. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I probably wounldn't want to travel in Iran right now or other places that are experiencing conflict.

6. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Luton doesn't appeal to me much

7. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Oh and I wouldn't go to a place that doesn't have chocolate.

1. Sybil Marie profile image60
      Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with thatone Flightkeeper! smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great minds Sybil!

8. HubMerc profile image60
    HubMercposted 14 years ago

Sudan

9. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Antartica...I mean once you leave the coast line...What is there actually to see?

10. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

North Korea can't be good any time of the year.

11. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

This will seem (be) small-minded, short-sighted, and unfair of me; but I really wouldn't want to go anywhere that wasn't in the US, Canada, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, or Scandinavia.  I've even ruled out islands known for their beaches because I don't like (for no real reason) islands (I suppose it has to do with hurricanes, big bugs, and no way to leave on foot if necessary  lol  ).

12. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Canada

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Texas big_smile

Actually, anywhere that has bugs bigger than cats (I bet Texas has some like that)

1. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alaska has mosquitos as big as birds, but it was still a fun place to be.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She just said Texas because I said Canada.

2. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't strike Texas off of your list UW!  I haven't seen any giant bugs compared to other places, though they do say everything's bigger in Texas.  Here in San Antonio, we're headed into about 5 months of marvelously mild weather.  Very little need of heat or AC.

14. Catherine R profile image60
    Catherine Rposted 14 years ago

Nigeria holds little appeal and I hear the food is not up to much. I think there are some Nigerians on hubpages though so maybe someone will defend their country!

15. EWealthGuide profile image60
    EWealthGuideposted 14 years ago

there are many places where I Wouldn't want to visit right now.

16. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Oh, and my answer is Lawrence, Massachusetts.

tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Good answer!

17. Jon Allan profile image57
    Jon Allanposted 14 years ago

Hmm....Zimbabwe

18. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Anywhere it's hot! Like Cancun again.

19. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Afghanistan. smile

20. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Japan.

1. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whats wrong with Japan?

~thranax~

2. tksensei profile image60

Why?

1. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd die of a sushi/sashimi overdose.

Well, if you gotta go...

21. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

The temple of snakes from Indiana Jones.

~thranax~

22. starme77 profile image75
    starme77posted 14 years ago

jacksonville Florida

23. profile image57
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

Newark New Jersey....

24. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Well, I should add Scarborough, Ontario...the armpit of Toronto smile

25. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

depends on the time of year and who I'm with~~~  I'm a risk taker.

probably would freeze in antartica or iceland although I would love to see these places.

26. Lifes Joke profile image60
    Lifes Jokeposted 14 years ago

Any place where they hate Americans and Blacks....

New York?

1. drej2522 profile image68
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha

2. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess New York City is out!

27. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Middle East.

28. Herald Daily profile image57
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

The Arctic (would love to see, just don't like cold)
    http://www.clipartguide.com/_thumbs/0511-0902-0302-2357.jpg

29. Larry Gee profile image57
    Larry Geeposted 14 years ago

The Democratic Republic of Congo is pretty high on my list of places NOT to go at the moment!

30. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

As a white western man, it would currently be unwise for me to travel to Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Zimbabwe, and Somalia. I would also feel unsafe in Sierre Leonne, Nigeria, and much of the middle east.

I would love to go anywhere which I can consider relatively safe to travel to.

31. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

India.    I don't know why, but just does not appeal to me to visit the country

32. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

depends on the purpose.  remember timing is everything.  i certainly went places in my youth that i wouldn't contemplate today but then there are places i'd go today that i wouldn't have contemplated in my youth.

33. mugshot profile image56
    mugshotposted 14 years ago

Hull....oh and maybe Baghdad at this present moment!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)