Do you have a "Super HUB"?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (86 posts)
  1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I have 106 hubs published -- but of that number, I have ONE that gets at least 1/3 of all my total traffic, and now gets more than all of my other 105 hubs hits daily.

It is somewhat entertaining and humorous-- but not what I consider one of my MOST entertaining and humorous. I Have some ideas why it gets traffic--but I am not a SEO expert or  great at choosing keywords.

My second best traffic is about how to write humor.
    If I Google the words "write" and "humor" -- it comes up second, a couple of steps above Dave Berry's article on the same subject-- which blows my brain, as he is my humor idol.

All of this is temporary. I suppose. 

What is your best traffic hub?-- and why?

1. Daddy Paul profile image63
      Daddy Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Choosing the best mutual funds
      Why Back links. This hub tends to be more interesting to the general public.

Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sound like two great searchable subjects.

2. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think mine all suck equally

3. angela_michelle profile image95
      angela_michelleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My best traffic one is an article about fitting for bra. But in my title I do point out that I have a big chest. I think that might be why it gets so many hits. LOL... I really don't think that many women everyday are trying to figure out their bra size. But it's a humorous hub, which no one gives me any sympathy on. Oh well... Plus I'm not ashamed to say that one of the keywords is Double D. LOL Actually when I look up what keywords brought people to it. You can tell its women in my same predicament. Well, with the exception of, I'm assuming a male, who typed, "pic of girls with big breasts." I'm sure he was sorely disappointed. But he must have been the one who clicked on the slideshow of my very dull photos. LOL

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Life is temporary. smile

I have a couple that share about 90% of my traffic, and this is by design smile

Please reveal them so we can peek, smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I luv Mapquest-- and I will check the other one-- Of course you know about all the backlinking stuff. Some of the rest of us are either struggling, lazy, or not giving it proper attention.

1. Misha profile image62

Thanks Rochelle smile It is more about keyword research than backlinking though, backlinking is useless without proper keyword research. smile

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

holy MOLEY yikes

my best traffic hub is one about walmart shoppers, with 23,678 views. i only wrote that for fun. interesting...

3. profile image0
          Linda Myshrallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Misha is totally a rock star smile

2. relache profile image71
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always decline invitations to get my best hubs ripped off, nothing personal, Rochelle.

Understood, Relache,-- You are very generous with your good advice, no need to donate the whole store.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91

I was thinking the same when I posted this thought.  It's strange to think that our hubs are likely to outlast us.

1. Misha profile image62

Well, may be this is how immortality looks like? wink

3. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I just published a hub about a week ago, about making work for yourself and it is getting more hits alone than all of my hubs put together.  I assume it's because it's a hub whose time has come.  I need to do that again, although I probably won't be able to duplicate it ever.  So I guess that would be called my super hub.  I haven't Googled it yet, but I will.  Good question.

I'm sure this would be a great subject-- especially now.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

My "Super" hub is a photo hub with almost 2,000 views.

Sorry, not really helpful. The reason this hub has so many views is because it has a particular view of women in bikinis and all the pictures are taken from behind.

So, I guess it really doesn't actually qualify as a quality hub. lol lol

If you want something I've written and of those which is my best/super, then I don't have one, because most of my hubs are evenly viewed pretty much.

Well-- that really makes me feel good. Mine has about 19,000 views with no backsides. Imagine what I could have done.

1. wyanjen profile image72
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I imagine... 21,000 views. smile

My very best hub has 650 views. neutral Maybe I'll put a butt on it.

1. Beth100 profile image69
          Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  My sentiments exactly!  Now, going to look for some butts..... lol

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91

Don't sell out,  Jen-- everyone has a behind, but everyone doesn't have  . . . now I don't know how to finish that thought.

1. Cagsil profile image71
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My targeted viewer is men. Plain and simple. They love to look at women and when they are done, either click a link to go somewhere else or simply leave. smile

2. wyanjen profile image72

lol

I'll stick a butt right at the top of my Christmas Trees hub. I'll bring new life to it. I'll attract views all summer long...
            lol

This reminds me of a joke....

My photoshop is yelling at me - it wants to make a butt-tree pic...
                lol

3. Karina S. profile image60
          Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

good idea!

5. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I have two that are consistent in the page per views. One is about children's knock knock jokes and the other is on reducing cross contamination during food preparation.  So far, the numbers increase daily.  smile

Sounds like two very viewable subjects.

6. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

My biggest believe it or not is a hub I did on what dress will I wear, no sexual pics, no bikini pics, just your everyday ones, so far on 28,000 views.

HOLY COW... butt (oops), but its something a lot of us girls,  and a few guys, think about.

2. Karina S. profile image60

wow, my  biggest hub has 500 vews.

7. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

Mine is my steak burrito recipe. I never thought that it would be my number one traffic generator but it is. SO far, it accounts for almost half of my total hits. Which, by the way, is almost to 2000!

Yummy stuff does well-- maybe we are getting some ideas for an uber-Super hub subject.

hmm.. yes..

and steak burritos sounds like a good weekend dinner project for me smile

8. Quilligrapher profile image74
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

I have one hub that has attracted most of my traffic for nearly a year.   It concerns the gift of the "Tear Of Grief" sculpture from the Russian Academy of Arts and the people of the former Soviet Union that was erected on the edge of New York Harbor in 2005-06.

I will take a look, I'm sure it's worth seeing.

2. Karina S. profile image60

interesting, i am going to read your hub today

9. Rochelle Frank profile image91

This was supposed to be a serious super-hub thread, but maybe there are no other stories to be told? smile

10. wyanjen profile image72
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I hope lots of people stop in with their stories. This type of thread is where I find the best advice smile
    <edit> I fall into the "struggling" category lol

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

My top two hubs for pageviews are seasonal, both in the Fall.  I'm hoping they'll do super well this upcoming Fall.  I have about 4 others that run neck in neck behind those two that are consistent with their pageviews and they're my actual moneymakers.

12. Rochelle Frank profile image91

If anyone wants to get more specific about their  super-topics, I think that could be helpful to some people . My best one was about hair salon names, not something I would normally write about.
    I think I did it because I had written something similar once before for another publication-- and then the "hubmob challenge" came up on the subject of hair.  I think all of those challenges were keyed to good keyword targets.

13. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I'd have to say the ones that offer making $$ lol are my popular ones, lol

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I don't have any super hubs, but the one I get the most traffic on is Dreadful Boys and Why They Need a Mother, go figure.

15. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Hi Rochelle - the hub i get most traffic for is my "How to Describe Yourself" one. I got the idea for it from the ideabank - I thought I could write a good hub on it, then checked to see if it was a good phrase in google's keyword tool. It was getting plenty of searches and there was no competition. It is now getting about 500-600 views a day and it keeps going up even though it's number one for several search terms. I haven't done any backlinking to it.

This hub is what has made me concentrate on finding these no competition keyphrases (because I hate backlinking!). One of my other top traffic hubs is "How soon can you tell if you are pregnant" - a very long keyphrase, but again loads of searches and no competition.

16. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

my best hub is about beauty secrets - guess it is not a secret any more!!

17. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Just scored my first 100 on my hub with over 4,000 + page views

A woman,s passion exposed

Did nothing for my overall score but who cares it's so cool!

big_smile

18. profile image0
    Dalyinxposted 14 years ago

Most of my hubs aren't in a very big niche--maybe 10,000 monthly searches across the broadest keyword--so none of them are doing that good.  I mean, I have a few that are in the high hundreds.  I have a trapezius exercise article that has something like 1700 views because it's ranked in the top 10 for my keyword.  Other than that, I have two swine flu hubs that have 3,000 and 7,000 views each--they got those in the span of a few weeks, and then died out completely.

19. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Mine is 'Worst Fashion Trends of the Decade' it has around 12,000 and its about 2 weeks old.

I guess people love watching other people mess up. Fashion mistakes included! smile

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oOo, that sounds good. i'm gonna go read it! wink

20. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

My highest viewed hub is about my experience of my hotmail being hacked, money extorted from a friend, and how regained control of the account and the steps I took to do it. It was a nightmare.

I'm not real savvy about all this seo stuff, although I read quite a bit about it and tried to do my best. But my excuse is that I spend most of my time writing music, not writing hubs. But I'm glad to have this outlet. It seems to be good for me.

21. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I don't have one super hub as far as traffic goes but I do have one I feel should be a super hub. I have about 5 that alternate as my busiest hubs. I have 3 hubs seeing about 300 hits per day between them and on some days double that number. I don't think this is a huge number but the traffic is 85% from outside sources mostly Google and MSN so I guess it isn't bad.

22. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

No, but I have a superMAN hub, about a guy who was wearing a Superman outfit during a sex game that went terribly wrong. Does that count?? lol

23. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I have only written a little over 60 hubs now cause I am kinda lazy. Howvever this humor piece I wrote has gotten enormous traffic.

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-new-and-Impr … tical-hubs

24. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Yes, I have a super hub, as well.  Tons of traffic, but doesn't earn at all.  Not really "click" friendly.  Just informational...  Sure was fun writing it, though.

25. Internetwriter62 profile image79
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

Since I'm still relatively new, I'm still to see myself having a super hub. On the other hand, I do have some hubs that get more traffic than other. My Harrison Bergeron Hub is doing very well so far.

26. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

My first Fire Damage Clean Up comes up in the 24th spot on a google search for that but not making much money.

27. DanPowers profile image47
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

I've been here for a couple of weeks, but in terms of page views on my hubs, well it's clear that sex sells!

28. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I have a handful of hubs that produce most of my traffic, but its amazing how a hub can suddenly catch fire.  The traffic to my hub on KV55 (a tomb in the Valley of the Kings) has increased tenfold over the course of today and I can only assume it is because of all the news articles on the causes of Tutankhamen's death in today's news.

29. xboxps3wow profile image39
    xboxps3wowposted 14 years ago

it doesn't even matter if your hub is of a good quality.. if you rank well in google, you will get traffic smile

30. MyWebs profile image78
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

My best traffic hub was also the very first hub I wrote. With 1,477 hits it has got half of my total hits. It's about Haiti Earthquake Facts. It might be more evergreen than I initially thought.

Here recently it started getting me over 100 hits per day after hitting page one on Google and Yahoo. It just hit Bing today, not sure where it ranks yet. Beginners luck I guess.

31. iantoPF profile image78
    iantoPFposted 14 years ago

My "super Hub" is on the Halo 3 ODST xbox 360 game. It's not about the game itself really. I was approached last year to write a Welsh song for the promo' video they were preparing for the games release. I couldn't believe what happened on youtube then. There was a huge response with people asking what the language was and all kinds of theories about the translation. So I wrote a Hub on it. That Hub gets around 600 views a month and accounts for almost 50% of my total views.
    Oddly enough my second best is also about a Welsh song, Sosban Fach,

You may have found your own unique niche.

32. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

My super hub is on Civil War Generals 2, an old sierra PC game that runs on windows 3.1 and windows 95. I wrote a review and how to patch the game to work it on windows xp. I also have a link to where you can download the patch, which is like the only place you can find the patch, which subsequently bumped up the non-ranking site up to first for civil war generals 2 patch. Go figure.

It's generating a third of my total hub views (3k of 9k views), it's more than double my next closest hub (Caesar 3) which is itself double it's next closest rival. Civil War Generals 2 was one of my first hubs.  Also has most comments.

I actually reworked the hub so the patch info was up front and review later as that's what everyone wants.

33. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Mine is on How To Build A Survival Cabin On A Shoestring Budget, a very early hub written something like 2 years ago.  It is, to date anyway, the only one that frequently beats 100 views a day and very seldom drops below 50. 

It was the SECOND best (behind a hub on How To Dig A Hand Dug Well) until a new friend, a medicine man named Red Elk from the state of Washington, began commenting there (on the Survival Cabin hub).  His spelling is atrocious, he purely doesn't care, and neither do I--especially because the more he commented, the more views the Cabin hub got.  After number of months of this, it passed up the Well hub and has been widening the gap ever since.

34. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Based on the HubPages stats, http://hubpages.com/stats/

# Hubs with 10,000+ hub views in the last month: 4
    # Hubs with 1,000+ hub views in the last month: 25
    # Hubs with 100+ hub views in the last month: 70
    # Hubs with 10+ hub views in the last month: 74

Number of Hubs with less than 10 views per month: 3

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting this Guru Relache - it helps us lesser experienced to have some sort of a measure.
      x

1. relache profile image71
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please don't refer to me as a "guru."  I do not claim to be one, nor would I ever call myself that.

2. DanPowers profile image47
        DanPowersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow these stats are interesting. My best hub is head and shoulders above the rest of my hubs, although it doesn't have 10,000 views a month!

My highest traffic hub isn't my best earning hub though.

I have plenty of flop hubs with only 1-2 visits, maybe I should cull them or move them to Squidoo lol.

2. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are my figures (prefer it to the other options as it doesn't give away my best performing pages!):

# Hubs with 10,000+ hub views in the last month: 0
      # Hubs with 1,000+ hub views in the last month: 6
      # Hubs with 100+ hub views in the last month: 14
      # Hubs with 10+ hub views in the last month: 19
      # Hubs with 1+ hub views in the last month: 4

Note: This includes five hubs which have not yet even been up a month - and so I expect that there will be some change once these have had a whole month.  It does however follow a similar pattern to that of Relache (and I am definitely not a guru) with only no 10,000+ views hubs and so if I can do it I am sure anyone can with the correct work.  Also many of those nearer the bottom end (eg less than 100 views in the last month) are older hubs before I understood SEO etc!

3. embitca profile image86
      embitcaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great idea about presenting the states, Relache!

Here's mine:

# Hubs with 10,000+ hub views in the last month: 4
      # Hubs with 1,000+ hub views in the last month: 20
      # Hubs with 100+ hub views in the last month: 99
      # Hubs with 10+ hub views in the last month: 78
      # Hubs with 1+ hub views in the last month: 16

I have a few hubs with 0 views for the past 30 days. Blech.

35. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image71
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years ago

So would you suggest Hubs, more about everyday life, rather than life issues? For example; How teach your dog to walk, or orginizing your closet. Rather than; A Guide to recovery or Literal Analysis?

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My latest hub is about everyday life and it appears it will be my most popular!

36. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

My first hub that I published "Ernst Rohm The Gay Nazi"  is what seems to attract the most traffic so it is my best one to me lol smile
    http://hubpages.com/_2mvhnosvzdmp0/hub/ … e-Gay-Nazi

37. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

If we are referring to our overall most views,
    It is a hub I wrote in fun- "The World of Woman's Panties" which has 8300+ views with 4400 slide show views. (1260 in last 30 days)
    I have another with over 4600 views  (2160 in last 30 days)
    and one that has about 3000 which was published 2 weeks ago.

38. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Not anymore LMAO

Girl you continue to not just amaze me but inspire me

Thank you

Kimberly

39. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

I have a Hub about the murder of a young French woman in Ireland - Who Murdered Sophie Toscan du Plantier - the amount of hits are in their hundreds each week - but at the moment I am writing a book chapter by chapter - each chapter a hub on militant Irish Republicanism and for me that is my favourite work to date smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Who-Murdered-So … u-Plantier

40. Super Chef profile image61
    Super Chefposted 13 years ago

My highest visited hub is this one on a review of a Toshiba laptop.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Toshiba-Satellite-Pro-L500-1N1

41. figment profile image76
    figmentposted 13 years ago

I have one that is a Hubnugget and usually shows up # 1 on google called Mississippi Agates

42. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

So far my only 'Super Hub' would be my most recent hub, whatever day it was when I published it....big_smile

43. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 13 years ago

My "super hub" is about how to rescue and raise baby sparrows. It's almost dormant at 20 views a day for much of the year. But twice a year, like clockwork, it shoots up to 300-500 views a day, and it lasts for about 2 months before it slowly wanes.

The cycle is starting right now. Last week it was getting 25 views a day, and it currently has 150 for today.

44. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

I have many with over 100000 views plus one with page views close to one and a half million to date.

45. Alison Graham profile image94
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

I am really new to hubpages.  My best article in terms of views has had under 300 views.  My best Hub (the one that I am most pleased with in terms of the content) has had less than 100.  I am up to about 1350 views in total in the four weeks or so that I have been a member.  Views are great and I am proud that people have read what I have written but I have only earned £4.85 so far so am a bit disappointed with that!  I need to keep learning if I want to start earning (you can use that quote if you like!!)

Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are doing quite well. All of your stats are on the high side for someone who has been here only a few weeks.For almost all of us, it starts slowly and builds slowly, too. Hope you stick with it, because I believe you will make it work over time.

1. Alison Graham profile image94
        Alison Grahamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I ventured into the Forums because I was feeling a bit discouraged but after all the positive comments and encouragement, I am ready to get writing the next Hub.  Thanks again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)