What do you like to in your spare time?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 74 discussions (97 posts)
  1. coletta7 profile image61
    coletta7posted 14 years ago

I like to spend extra precious time out with my children at the library or at a dollar show.

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like to be by myself and write

1. profile image53
        BlaQue McCallposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I listen to music, draw, read, write, design something, brainstorming.

2. profile image52
      G.listenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i like to stay by my own so that i study hard

3. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that a game, a toy, or a hobby? I like to play with the box my Chirstmas presents come in.

4. profile image51
      kellyksposted 6 years agoin reply to this

hey I am spare time if I have any I just love to catch up on my sleep. Sleeping rejuvenates me totally and being a new mother this is something that clears my head as well. Yeah I do love watching movies as well but only if the little one is sleeping is gone to her granny’s place. But while she is sleeping I sleep beside her because it totally is a stress buster for me.

5. profile image36
      laggedgamesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Read, play games, fun!

1. livetech profile image56
        livetechposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I like to go for a run and burn out all my energy, followed by a meditation, and then relaxing with a book and some hot herbal tea - perfect!

6. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Create photo scrapbooks on my computer.  I love that immensely.   I intend to return to sketching.  I also read a lot.

7. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Cook an oriental meal.

2. Jean N Dean profile image59
    Jean N Deanposted 14 years ago

Well, coletta I also like to spend my time with my children going to the park or the movies or just playing games, but I also enjoy my time as well. I read alot, I like to do puzzles and brain teasers. I write poetry, and I enjoy a ladies night out from time to time. What do you do when you don't have your children?

3. coletta7 profile image61
    coletta7posted 14 years ago

I also like to get into me. And do some catching up on things I may have lacked on because of being busy with my children, so I have to always keep some kind of" balance between the two"

4. rhamson profile image71
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

I play music in a couple of musical organizations.  It is challenging and relaxing.  I also work on restoring cars.

5. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Paint,read, write, take a long walk.

6. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Oh my! So many things to list here! Tennis, surf casting, fly fishing, bike riding, kayaking, playing, singing, and writing the blues among other things, wink

1. profile image52
      G.listenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi

7. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Write
    Play video games
    Watch/ review movies
    Bake a lot
    Cook
    Read
    and think of world domination

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol i go here.  smile

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

watch tv, read

9. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

write....read....write some more!
    go for long walks...
    listen to music...
    meditate...
    help someone...
    dream...
    go far off places in my mind...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh myownworld, you have lots of spare time!
      how are you?

1. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol!! oh yes, and i forgot to mention posting on forums!!!
        good to see you pretty...love that pic btw.!

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

in my spare time I like to watch movies with my husband, read, write, hang out with friends and family. Mostly I like to write since I am unemployed and home all day.

11. dejajolie profile image61
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

read
    write
    working on business proposal
    make jewelry
    shop
    scrap-book
    dinner/drinks with friends
    dance
    watch movies

wish I had more spare time..wink

12. profile image58
    ObiaManposted 14 years ago

I'm into lots of things, from gardening in my jungle to my aquarium and pond to being with my grandkids, especially on long walks through the woods.  They call it their great adventures.  I enjoy making my home more usable, inside and out.  And of course I love being with my wife.

13. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Go to the beach!
    Go to the movies, hang out with friends, scuba dive, read, and be with my family and boyfriend.

14. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Spend time with my son when he is home.
    Scrapbook
    photograph
    read
    help my hubby look for a job
    research different areas of the country
    write
    sleep - a lot !

15. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

It's November...who has spare time? smile

16. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Read, paint, write, paint...x)

17. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

spend time with friends, family, dancing, books, music, every once in a while I'll play fable 2 on my sons xbox 360, and yes, it is fun and addictive, love the dog.

18. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Spend time with the family, surf the net, and do my podcast! smile

19. LRobbins profile image45
    LRobbinsposted 14 years ago

hike, spend time with friends, read, write, explore the world

20. DaniellaWood profile image71
    DaniellaWoodposted 14 years ago

By...
    Writing hubs!
    Surfing Youtube (usually for comedy of some sort xD)
    Reading
    Studying
    Planning how I'll take over the world! mwhahaa *clears throat*
    Watching Friends, Scrubs or Family Guy
    Playing my instruments...
    lots of things really! smile

21. tanjones profile image61
    tanjonesposted 14 years ago

read novels, watching cartoons, chatting etc. it depends on my mood.

22. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

What's spare time?

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

23. linquish profile image59
    linquishposted 14 years ago

keep searching on how to make money online

24. ratnaveera profile image60
    ratnaveeraposted 14 years ago

I will go through Hubs on various topics and post comments that interest me. I will check out my Adsense earnings if I find spare time. I am also interested on playing games like road rash and other driving games.

25. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

read...write...read...write and if I can still squeeze these in - cross-stitch, watch TV smile

26. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Play my guns,clean them take'm apart put them back together. Then go to the range and clean them again.

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That reminds me of my Army years back in the 80's & 90's.  I enjoyed rifle cleaning as well as the opportunity to use them.  Of course, not so much in battle.

27. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

It may seem off the wall but my in my available time I go and visit either the sick in the hospitals or the elderly in rest homes and care facilities.  I hardly every know who they are but feel my visits help lift their spirits and in turn lift my own as well.  It's amazing what a few minutes with a lonely person can do for their morale.

28. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Play guitar, clean my rifles and hunting equipment and if I get bored and want a few laughs I watch some political comedy such as The Daily Show or Fox News.

29. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

IF I had any...

equestrian riding (love to jump!)
    fishing
    canoeing
    skiing
    cross stitching
    drawing
    painting
    reading
    writing
    laze around....  ohhhhh yeahhhhh!  big_smile

30. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I download and watch movies for free. I re-read through research documentation, play online games at Pogo.com and spend quite a bit of time in the forums, such as now.

Some times, I will even tinker with hand-writing thoughts about new hubs on paper. Usually, my hubs are from my head mostly.

31. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

In my spare time, I love to get out my guitar and sing and play, sometimes for a couple of hours,although now I can't do it as often as I would like to . I am getting ready to play and sing Christmas songs and carols at the Annual Christmas Party, that we hold each year for the older folk at a couple of the local Retirement Villages. It is wonderful to see the smiles spread across their faces when they hear the Christmas Carols sung. I don't know about anyone else, but there is something about carols at Christmas Time, that makes you just want to keep singing and singing them. It really is a lovely way to spend the day bringing joy to people less fortunate than yourself. What a thrill it is. Nothing compares to it. BB

32. DaniellaWood profile image71
    DaniellaWoodposted 14 years ago

Lots of things! I sing, play my flute / piano / saxophone / piccolo, compose music, read a book, watch the TV with my feet up, come on HubPages and write! The list goes on...Walk my dog, chat with my friends...just have a good time really! smile

33. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Read, exercise, sleep, eat.

34. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

produce new essences for oils and incenses, blow glass, carve marble, make fine jewelry, talk to my daughter, love on my Boxer dogs ( specially baby Bella ) and create new designs that others can enjoy

35. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I also like to go to the NO KILL SHELTER up the road and love on all the animals..not in a sick way, I just like to pet them and spend time with them, like I do my own pets

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You manage to do a hell of a lot, even though you are not always body strong. Gotta love that! That's real life. smile

1. profile image0
        B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

TY..I could just lay around like some people the doctor told me are in much better physical shape than me, my theory is this, if I can, and have the strength, Im gonna try and do ..if I just lay around and complain..I will get worse and die..and for those with "fibromyalgia" and no real major problems, get up..don't waste your life..I should be the one laying around, but I want to stay as active as I can untill I can no longer possibly do so...

36. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I like to write hubs and throw things at Keith Olbermann.

Kudos to you, BC, for spending time with  homeless animals!

37. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

BTW, I'm an equal opportunity "thrower." I also throw stuff at Glenn Beck.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That has to be good doesn't it? smile

38. JBeadle profile image84
    JBeadleposted 14 years ago

I like to ball things up on my PSP playing "Me & My Katamari".  I love the music and the graphics and I especially like balling up the people who complain and cry and try to avoid my ever increasing katamari.

39. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I don't have much spare time and want to do so much!

I fiddle and sing in a West Gallery quire. 2-3 rehearsals per month, gigs as we can get them. Since I moved to Wales, it's a three hour drive each way, getting back home after 1am. People think I'm insane, but it means a lot.

I go to Welsh class for 2 hours each week.

In addition, when I get time I like to go geocaching, make things for swaps on Swapbot, go to Bookcrossing meetups, read and SLEEP.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My wife and I loved Wales what a magical place!

40. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I've totally fallen in love with Wales smile

41. forrestwang profile image60
    forrestwangposted 14 years ago

i still single,so i spent most of my spare time to seek part-time job.i need work hard to earn enough money to buy a house.you know ,it is necessary to get a house before wedding.

in fact ,i also want to travel,but i have not time ,and,money.

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
      thirdmilleniumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you. Keep at it!

42. profile image0
    Hikikomoriposted 14 years ago

Go on my computer.

43. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Many things. But the best is to sit by the fireplace,delve into a Raymond Chandler  with a cold mug of beer at hand and a Lobo or a Donovan caressing my ears and piercing my heart.

44. profile image0
    JPoczwaposted 14 years ago

I like to play the Bb Clarinet.  I am an adult learner and I love the sound of this instrument.

45. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

play guitar.

46. profile image52
    vincent stokesposted 14 years ago

I like to play chess and pinochole. I like to go to self-help group meetings.  Ilike to have long intimate conversations about highly intellectual subjects.

47. Aaron Seitler profile image60
    Aaron Seitlerposted 7 years ago

Piano smile

48. Alessio Ganci profile image97
    Alessio Ganciposted 7 years ago

Training at the gym and hanging out with friends (to the disco or by doing shopping generally) are my favourite activities in my spare time.

49. profile image51
    topsdigitalposted 7 years ago
  50. Zimmer Hossain profile image72
    Zimmer Hossainposted 7 years ago

Write
    play guitar
    take photographs

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)