What are the Great Things President Joe Biden Has Done While President

Jump to Last Post 501-550 of 591 discussions (7698 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image81
    Valeantposted 2 months ago

'Artificially inflated hatred?'

Pretty sure when the leader of the country lies about the dangers of a deadly pandemic, lies that lead to a loss of American lives that is estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands, there was nothing artificial about the anger that Americans feel towards Trump's leadership.

Maybe someday, his cult can acknowledge his errors in judgement during that time period to understand that, like his many crimes, his reelection failures were of his own doing.  Trump usually chooses the wrong path.  In 2016, he chose to cheat by using his business to violate campaign finance laws and his election chose to collude with Russia.  In 2020, he chose to lie and to put his own reelection interests ahead of the good of the country during a global health crisis.

Both men will have to run on their records and each man has flaws in that record.  America had problems at the end of both men's terms.  But both men will also have to run on their character.  To some Americans, character still matters.  And an adulterer, sexual assaulter, constant liar, and business fraudster just isn't someone many in America will ever trust to hold the presidency.  It's a sad state that so many will ignore those qualities in their preferred leader.

2. My Esoteric profile image82
    My Esotericposted 2 months ago

Damn, this must piss MAGA off to no end.  Biden has illegal immigration down 54% according to CBS from December highs in just 5 months!!!!  Boy, he is good.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Not difficult, was it?  Just declare that everyone is legal and Presto!  No more illegals!

3. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

Ah, the great things Biden has done.  Well, there is out of bounds inflation.  Food prices are steadily increasing.   It isn't getting any better folks.  In fact, it has gotten drastically worse.   Illegals are bombarding America-further exacerbating American infrastructures while simultaneously increasing the crime rates.   Did I mention Biden is creating debt for America by giving money which could be used to improve America?    Biden is creating an abysmal society for America.   Yeah, Biden is doing a ..........job!

1. My Esoteric profile image82
      My Esotericposted 2 months agoin reply to this

"Well, there is out of bounds inflation.  " - FACT: Biden isn't responsible for inflation.  People who understand economics know that.

"Food prices are steadily increasing. " - FACT: Food prices (which is the same as your first point and therefore redundant) have been coming down as corporate greed learns people will revolt.

"In fact, it has gotten drastically worse." - FACT: Not true

" Illegals are bombarding America-further exacerbating American infrastructures while simultaneously increasing the crime rates. " - FACT: Illegal border crossings are down 54% from the December high and are probably lower than some of Trump's numbers now.  American crime rates have been decreasing under Biden.

" Did I mention Biden is creating debt for America by giving money which could be used to improve America? " - DID YOU mention that  Did I mention Trump is creating debt for America by giving money which could be used to improve America?  At least Biden got the bipartisan Infrastructure bill passed which Trump Promised but FAILED to deliver (among a whole lot of other things he failed at including being President)

"Biden is creating an abysmal society for America. " - IF BY ABYSMAL you mean lower crime and a better economy, then I agree.

FACT: Biden is the single biggest reason for our inflation, though there are several.  People that understand basic economics (lower supply while increasing demand = inflation) know that.

FACT: food prices are NOT coming down, but still rising.  The worst is "eating out food" but grocery stores are still going up as well.  Claiming differently will not change that.

FACT the rate of people crossing our southern border is NOT going down appreciably. That Biden does not call them "illegal" does not change that.

IF BY ABYSMAL I'm thinking she means sky high crime rates and a decreasing standard of living.  Both of which we are seeing.

Valeantposted 2 months agoin reply to this

The first statement is not a fact at all, but a biased opinion.  Especially when you clearly state lower supply is part of the equation, and that lower supply happened well before Biden assumed the presidency.  Your own argument undermines your 'facts.'

If the crime rates are dropping, as the stats have been showing, that would mean the 'sky high rates' mentioned were created by someone else.

Americans tend to believe crime is up, even when official data shows it is down.  In 23 of 27 Gallup surveys conducted since 1993, at least 60% of U.S. adults have said there is more crime nationally than there was the year before, despite the downward trend in crime rates during most of that period.

Likely from the 'if it bleeds, it leads' mindset of the local and national media.

Like so much of the claptrap your government feeds us, crime figures are false to fact.  All it takes it to carefully choose just which type of crime will be reported and voila! - crime is dropping! 

As an example, explain, please, that shoplifting cases are dropping, as are the amounts stolen. 

Just like the inflation figures, they are carefully massaged to give the message government wants you to believe...and you swallow it whole without ever looking around you.

Valeantposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Oh, so anyone not supporting your own beliefs is a liar.  Yeah, that's about as MAGA as it gets in these days.

We have asked before, but you never answer - Exactly what policies did Biden implement between Feb 2021 and Jun 2021 that CAUSED supply to lower and demand to increase.  You say it is FACTUAL that he did - but you provide no evidence as usual.  POLICIES PLEASE.

You used the wrong FACTS about food prices. "Food Prices Stayed Flat in April; Groceries Actually Declined" - https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/fina … 6da5cfe624 (That is how you provide evidence, try it sometime, you might like it)

You really should gather (and present facts) before claiming them. "During the first 21 days of May, U.S. Border Patrol agents recorded a daily average of approximately 3,700 apprehensions of migrants between official ports of entry. That represents a 54% decrease from the 8,000 daily average in December, when illegal entries soared to a quarter of a million, an all-time high." - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigratio … me%20high. (Unfortunately, I suspect you will keep spreading Conservative myths about the border.)

Once again, you are DEVOID of evidence, this time with your Conservative MYTH that crime is, how did you say it, "sky high".  Behold - "Violent Crime Is Falling Nationwide — Here’s How We Know
          https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ … t,crime%20(down%204.3%20percent).

Preliminary FBI data, however imperfect, confirms a sharp downward trend in crime, undercutting attempts to blame criminal justice reform for pandemic-era spikes in violence."

You changed the argument again, we weren't talking about Standard of Living, were we? We were talking about Economic Growth.

Nevertheless, It looks like you failed on your last Non-Factual claim even using your new measure, that standard of living is going down.  At least according the Saint Louis Federal Reserve it isn't.  They say "One way to measure the improvement in the living standards of a country is by looking at the growth rate of its gross domestic product (GDP) per capita.1 This measure can be decomposed into:

The growth rate of GDP per hour worked (a measure of labor productivity)

The growth rate of the number of hours per capita (a measure of the extent of labor utilization)"

Well, if we look at American GDP per capita (which you like a lot) it shows nice growth, not decline that you claim as Fact. 

2019 - $65.5 K Trump
          2020 - $64.4 K Trump
          2021 - $71.0 K Biden
          2022 - $77.2 K Biden
          2023 - $81.6 K Biden

Why don't you use FACTS like these to prove your point?
          2024 - $85.4 K

Prevent people from working.  That reduces supply

Give trillions away to people.  That increases demand. 

I really am surprised that you don't know these simple facts.

Your so-called "facts" is nothing more than right-wing propaganda for which real facts will never penetrate.

The only odd thing is that I know that you know those simple facts about inflationary causes.  And I know you know that Biden was behind a lot of both.

What I don't understand is why you deny that reducing supply while increasing demand causes inflation, and why you deny that Biden did both with his closure of millions of jobs while actually increasing what people took home in many cases with "unemployment" (actually simply more welfare) that was way out of line with reality.  Coupled, of course, with a $T giveaway to people that never did lose a day's work.

"And I know you know that Biden was behind a lot of both." - AGAIN, once you provide me the policies that Biden put in place in the first four months of his presidency that drove either or both low supply accompanied by high demand, it will be clear to all you are just reposting Conservative myths.

Also, it would be nice if you stopped putting words in others mouths.  You CLAIM I deny "reducing supply while increasing demand causes inflation".  Well, I know you read well enough to know I never said that.

My extensive economic training taught me a variation of your absolute declaration of what (singular) causes inflation.  What I was trained to know is that "reducing supply while increasing demand is one of the causes inflation" - it is not the only one as you appear to imply.

So, are you trying to imply that the trillions of dollars from Trump's rescue plan and Biden's rescue plan went mostly to people who were still working? That is what "Coupled, of course, with a $T giveaway to people that never did lose a day's work." tells me you are trying to say.   -  IF SO, prove it, just don't say it.

2. wilderness profile image95

From the link you posted:  "Food prices have always been volatile — especially so during the pandemic. Thanks to a combination of inflation, supply-chain disruptions and tariffs on certain foreign imports, food prices have steadily risen since 2020.

Overall, prices are still higher than last year. But inflation has been slowing, and the latest data shows the cost of groceries, at least, isn’t rising as fast as it once was."

Tell me again about using links to prove what you say?

What do you care, you probably won't read them again and, if you do, say they are fake.

Except I DID read it didn't I?  And found that your "proof" that groceries were not inflating was untrue despite all your claims that it was a proven fact.

1. Ken Burgess profile image74
                  Ken Burgessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

So perhaps this is a good time to do a real rundown of what the Biden Administration has/is doing based on seriousness of the harm/impact it is/will have... how about a top 5:

1) WWIII - Russia has stated in recent announcements that it is at war with NATO/America.  Attacks from Ukraine now strike within Russia regularly, the latest was a series of missile strikes against ICBM Radar whose intent is to protect Russia from long range nuclear missile strikes... the radar is practically useless in the war against Ukraine... clearly Ukraine/NATO is choosing targets that will have no impact on the outcome of its war, unless the plans are for that war to be escalated.

2) BRICS - Driving our allies into China/Russia's arms.  In addition to destroying Germany's cheap energy source (greatly impacting their economy) we have pushed Russia and China into one another's arms, and then the Biden Administration alienated the UAE and Saudi Arabia so much they joined BRICS this past January. 

3) Open Borders - over ten million foreigners are now in America, many of them on some sort of Social Services, at a time when businesses are closing and hundreds of thousands are being laid off.

4) Inflation - Its the economy stupid.  The inflation from 2022 and 2023 doesn't go away.  That it has already creeped back up to 4% while interest rates are readying to go higher is because the Biden Administration is spending 1 Trillion (with a T) dollars more every 100 days than the country is taking in... and with the interest rates on the national debt rising, that threatens to collapse our economy and our banking system.

5) Then there is the funding of Iran, which is essentially the funding of Hamas, the Houthis and Hezbollah... which, as you may be aware, has helped cause some hostilities in the Middle East.  The Biden Administration rescinded all of Trump's sanctions, while at the same time, sending Iran billions of dollars repeatedly over the last 3.5 years... despite their hostilities.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
                    gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

A blind person can see what Biden has done to this wonderful country.   Biden is the worst president ever.   Preach brother preach.  I understand.

As I said, IF you read them, you find fault with them if they disagree with your myth-driven or preconceived notions.

THANK YOU.

2. Ken Burgess profile image74

I think we need to put Biden back in office.

I'm serious... we need Biden's return.

Lets finish this, lets get our fall and failure over with.

So we can get about the business of doing away with all of this idiocy and flush out all that support it.

The Biden Administration's horrible foreign policy decisions have fueled the rise of the Taliban and instigated Russia's escalating aggression against Ukraine.

China continues to ramp up its aggression against Taiwan, Hong Kong, and the Uyghurs.

Iran continues to fund the Houthis, Hamas, and Hezbollah with the hundreds of billions the Biden Administration allowed to flow to it.

The Keystone XL pipeline would have created thousands of jobs, helped maintain the United States' global dominance, and transport oil from Canada, an ally and one of the world's cleanest oil producers, to U.S. refineries.

President Biden has allowed in more foreigners illegally into America than the total population of 32 different States.

A result of the Biden Administration reversing President Trump's successful border security and immigration policies and joining the UN Compact on Migration.

As a bonus to having open borders fentanyl overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18-45.

Thanks to Democrats' and Soros funded AGs discontent for the rule of law, violent crimes are increasing and implemented anti-law enforcement policies incentivize malicious behavior and let criminals back into their communities.

The Fraternal Order of Police reports that in 2021, there were 346 officers shot in the line of duty, 63 of these officers died from their wounds. There were also 103 ambush-style attacks on law enforcement officers, a 115% increase from 2020 which was up 76% from 2019.

And don't forget how the Biden Administration's vaccine and masking mandates and extended lockdowns made our lives so much better.

Lets give the Biden Administration another 4 years to 'finish the job'... maybe America really does need a 'Great Reset'.

Just not the one that is planned:
      https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin … democracy/

Now we agree on something - Biden does need to get re-elected.

"The Biden Administration's horrible foreign policy decisions ..." - NonFactual, e.g. fabricated.  If anybody is responsible for the rise of the Taliban, it is Bush, Obama, and cemented by Trump.

"China continues to ramp up its aggression against Taiwan ..." - YOU are pretending Biden is God again.  Only Trump has made that claim.

"Iran continues to fund the Houthis, Hamas, and Hezbollah with the hundreds of billions the Biden Administration allowed to flow to it." - Once again non-FACTUAL.

"A result of the Biden Administration reversing President Trump's successful border security and immigration policies and joining the UN Compact on Migration." - non-FACTUAL. Actually, Biden kept in place virtually all of Trump's border policies.  You may be pissed off that he DID stop ripping babies from mother's arms, but for the most part, they are the same policies.  As to the UN thing.  That tells me you oppose the effort to "manage international migration in a comprehensive way. " and "facilitating safe and orderly migration, while reducing the negative effects of irregular migration."   That is interesting that you are against that.

"As a bonus to having open borders fentanyl overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18-45." - SHOULD read "As a bonus to Conservatives encouraging open borders by lying about Biden's policies, fentanyl overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18-45."

"Thanks to Democrats' and Soros funded AGs discontent ..." - non-FACTUAL

The FOP needs a forum on its own to fully lay out the facts.

"And don't forget how the Biden Administration's vaccine " - Again non-FACTUAL..  The TRUTH is Biden didn't extend the lockdowns, they were already over allowing thousands more to die. Where masking was allowed, it SAVED thousands of lives, however because of his masking mandates.  What is Ironic is that the only people who suffered from ignoring masking and vaccines were Conservatives.  I bet enough of them who effectively committed suicide impacted or will negatively impact an election or two in swing states.

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal?

You say its not factual, so its not factual?

You have about as many facts supporting your comments as a goldfish has feathers.

1. gmwilliams profile image82

+1000000000000000, thank you Ken.

4. My Esoteric profile image82
    My Esotericposted 7 weeks ago

Biden keeps on delivering - another, in a string, of good jobs reports.  If the economy is as bad as the right-wing says it is, why do employers keep hiring at record numbers?  Because they know the economy is good and worth investing in.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ … index.html

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

A glimmer of hope, change of a trend over several months?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yahoo-ne … 23583.html

My Esotericposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks, I like parsing graphs.

1st Graph of Biden v Trump:  I was surprised to see that Biden led Trump for most of the 2 years the graph covers. It looks like the negative effect of Biden's botched withdrawal from Afghanistan had receded by the beginning of this chart. Inflation kicked in in a meaningful way in July 2023,  That is when Biden's numbers dropped, but not by as much as you would expect - only 47% down to 43% of the electorate picking him (Trump went from 41% to 44% in the same period).  Biden remained flat at 44% until March 2024 and has been ticking up in April and May.

The 2nd Chart is rather interesting and totally opposite of what the Trump cult believes to be true.  For sake of comparison, I will split the undecided/not sure 50/50 between Dems and Reps.

First we see that a solid majority (60%) of Americans believe the jury got the right verdict that Trump was Guilty.

Next, 62% (a majority) of Independents feel the same way.  THAT is very telling.  Then we see that 6.5% of Democrats thought Trump was not guilty; compare that to the 19.5% of Republicans felt Trump was guilty. (That should worry Trump.)

Finally, of those who say they will vote for Biden, only 3.5% say Trump was not guilty.  Compare that to the 12% of Republicans who say they will vote for Trump that think he is guilty - BUT WILL VOTE FOR HIM ANYWAY - sad.

5. My Esoteric profile image82
    My Esotericposted 6 weeks ago

WELL DONE JOE!!!

Inflation comes in only 0.75% above the Fed target rate of 2% at 2.75% for the CPE,

https://thehill.com/business/4717516-co … inflation/

wildernessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Only 37% over target.  Good indeed for Biden!

Ken Burgessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Wait for the numbers to be adjusted to 6% inflation... after the election of course.

That's been the trend during the last couple of years... report good numbers, then revise them to the truth months later.

Yeah, I know.  There hasn't been an honest inflation figure put out for years now.  Every since it began growing with the new administration, as a matter of fact.

1. peoplepower73 profile image82
            peoplepower73posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

If Trump was president and had the same numbers, it would be wonderful, the  greatest thing in the history of mankind.

My Esotericposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

You will get crickets on that one.

By your measure, there has never been an honest inflation number put out, not a single one, ever.

Prove it.

Oh, brother, lol.

How odd!  The news tonight, over several programs, reported over and over that inflation was 3.3%.  And yet you continue to believe the lying government as it continues to give a false but rosy picture of what we are going through.

That is because your news media is reporting the CPI.  That means you obviously haven't been reading the words put in front of you.  To repeat myself.

I recently discovered there are two widely accepted measures used by economists and the Fed to track inflation.  There is the well known CPI (consumer price index) which measures the cost of goods of a basket of goods over time, it turns out the Fed doesn't use that one but watches it.

The other is the PCE (personal consumption expenditures price index).  The Fed uses this measure because The PCE is considered the Fed's favorite measure because it takes into account changes in consumer behavior, such as when people choose cheaper options over more expensive ones.

It is the PCE which the Fed want to maintain at 2% and is now at 2.75%.  You say that is 37.5% higher than the baseline as if that were a bad thing.  But, in reality, it is outstanding because a year or so ago it was standing at 4,500%

BTW, the CPI runs about 1 percentage point higher, on average, than the PCE.

From your post:

"Inflation comes in only 0.75% above the Fed target rate of 2% at 2.75% for the CPE,"

Hard to tell just what you meant as your post is an obvious typo.  Either CPI (wrong letter) or PCE (swapped letters).  Sorry if I guessed at the wrong one.

I would say the PCE is preferred by the fed for a far more simple reason: it produces a lower figure that can then be used to lie to the people, making them believe the inflation is far lower than it is.  Your own post is an example: "Inflation comes in...". 

This kind of behavior (using different statistics, without explanation) in order to produce a belief that is false to fact, is becoming more and more common.  Being common, though, doesn't change that it is a lie - an effort to convince someone that a falsehood is true.

I've tried to explain how damaging the Biden Administration has been for America... and without doubt it will go down in history as the worst of all up to this time...

But it is not easy to convey the web of information and why/how this Administration's efforts have done so much permanent harm to America and its future.

This video however, puts it together fairly well, and deals with events of the last few days... and strikes home how damaging Biden has been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEKs94uRTE

1. tsmog profile image85
              tsmogposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link, Ken! Interesting, informative, and thankfully not an hour or more said with jest. There was enough information to heed what you have been sharing from months now. That goes back to the a previous post where I stated, "At least one knows where or how to invest." Maybe not put all the eggs in one basket, but definitely consider some 'new' baskets of of a different color than traditional.

Yes, nice and short, but what is in those first 10 minutes is straight to the point and gives a nice, up to the moment picture of just how bad Biden has been for us.

The Biden Administration weaponized the dollar against those it chose to make our enemies, this put the world on notice that the dollar is no longer safe, as it will be used as a weapon or stolen from them.

The Biden Administration has weaponized the Justice System against its political opponents, big and small, while Trump's court cases and absurd rulings dominate the news cycle, plenty of others who stood for what they believed was right/lawful have now been imprisoned, had their licenses stripped from them, etc.

The Agencies that were meant to control the borders and protect American citizens have been turned into caretakers for immigrants, processing them into the country and acting as a taxi service for them.

The Biden Administration steals Trillions from America's citizens by 'spending' trillions more than it takes in every year, knowingly destabilizing the dollar with its spending sprees, while at the same time alienating the rest of the world into abandoning the Dollar as its reserve currency.

Its going to take some brilliant minds to sit down and write a series of books on how one administration in less than 4 years was more detrimental and did more harm to America that the dozen Administrations that came before it, all combined.

I can't help it if you think economists are stupid and don't know what they are talking about, but, of course, you are free to do so.

Valeantposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Just another example of certain far-right members of this forum speaking without understanding the basics of the topic being discussed.  We see it all too often in here.

Please tell me, what does it mean to the American economy when:

1- Countries that used to buy up Trillions of dollars of our debt are no longer willing to do so, IE:

China, Japan share of US bond market shrinks to record low
              https://www.reuters.com/markets/china-j … 023-08-23/

2- The World's Largest holders of Oil Reserves REFUSE to trade Oil in the Dollar IE:

Saudi Arabia Just DITCHED The US Dollar.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WGVM2QHNvE

UAE stops using U.S. dollars for oil trades
              https://www.businessnorth.com/news_from … 2efef.html

Here is the harsh reality, from a not so wise non-economist like myself...
              The Biden Administration has presided over the Death of America...
              It really is that simple.

The decisions made by the Biden Administration have destroyed our ability to avoid a DEPRESSION... not a recession... rather, a complete collapse of our economic system.  And we might not make it to November 2024 before it gives way... they are only spending 1 Trillion dollars of Debt every 100 days, that is a pretty good sign we are at the end of the road.

And the rest of the world recognizes it and they are bailing on America... on the Biden Administration... as fast as possible.

136 countries and territories have now confirmed their participation in SPIEF 2024
              https://forumspb.com/en/news/news/136-s … u-vremeni/

BRICS Foreign Ministers Back Russia’s 2024 Chairmanship, Vow to Strengthen Cooperation
              https://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2024/06/ … operation/

There has never been a time in the last 100 years where America needed a change in leadership more than it does now.

1. tsmog profile image85

"Please tell me, what does it mean to the American economy when:"

" . . . from a not so wise non-economist like myself..."

With humor . . . you first. The water is too deep for me.

Deep... yup... like I say the incredible levels of arrogance combined with the unfathomable amount of ignorance that dominates the current Administration  makes it hard for me to believe its not a deliberate effort to destroy America.

What makes you choose war with Russia over negotiations?

Especially after a global pandemic when our economy is on shaky legs.

What insanity makes you insult and then threaten Saudi Arabia?

Why did we choose to release hundreds of billions to Iran (Saudi's enemy at that time, never mind Israel) and the Houthis?

If you want Americans to feel pain... to suffer economic hardships for many years to come... you make all the decisions the Biden Administration has made the last 3.6 years, and you spend money like there is no tomorrow.

"What makes you choose war with Russia over negotiations?" - WHEN Russia refuses to negotiate in good faith, that is when.  Is your solution to surrender to the Russians?

"Spend money like there is no tomorrow" - You know that is Trump you are referring to.

2. Willowarbor profile image59
                Willowarborposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

"China, Japan share of US bond market shrinks to record low"

From the source cited:

"What if Japan or China intervened in the foreign exchange market to sell dollars and support their currencies and liquidated U.S. Treasuries in the process - and the sky didn't fall down?

It would be a scenario hard to imagine even 10 years ago, but it's more plausible now because the world's top two holders of U.S. debt no longer pack the Treasury market punch they once did - either individually or even together."

"The Japanese and Chinese central banks' combined footprint in the world's largest, deepest and most liquid government bond market is now its lowest on record, at least since comparable data began being collected in the late 1990s."

"To be sure, Japan and China are still forces to be reckoned with.

"But they don't bestride the Treasuries market like they once did, nor does the threat of them selling strike the same fear into bond investors, global markets at large, and even policymakers in Washington."

Countries that used to buy up Trillions of dollars of our debt are no longer willing to do so?

The citation in your post doesn't seem to think it's really a huge issue.

Although thereay be  worries about China selling off U.S. debt, which would hamper economic growth, doing so in large amounts poses risks for China as well, making it unlikely to happen.

gmwilliamsposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

EXACTLY.

Let's put your so-called facts to the test:

1. In 2024, $8 trillion of American debt was held by other nations.
                    In 2023, $7.4 trillion of American debt was held by other nations.
                    Question - Which number is larger, the 2024 $8 trillion or the 2023 $7.4 trillion.
                    Question - which foreign nations hold the most debt?  Would you believe JAPAN and CHINA?
                   Now, a little mathematics for you.  Since the amount of debt held by other grew, and the percentage of debt held by Japan and China shrank, tell me what happened. Was it a) other nations didn't buy more debt while Japan and China sold off some of theirs OR b) other nations bought MORE DEBT than Japan and China sold.  Is it a) or b)?

https://usafacts.org/articles/which-cou … t-us-debt/
                https://www.statista.com/statistics/246 … lic%20debt

2. Would you be pointing out such things if Trump were president - I don't think so. Anyway, this seems to be case of the "sky-is-falling".
                https://www.jpmorgan.com/insights/globa … larization

6. Willowarbor profile image59
    Willowarborposted 6 weeks ago

The World Bank upgraded its outlook for the global economy and said the “impressive” U.S. economy is powering the world.

The latest outlook estimates the global economy will expand 2.6 percent, an increase from the 2.4 percent growth predicted for the year.

https://thehill.com/business/4715951-wo … the-world/

7. My Esoteric profile image82

JOE keeps showing the world how much of the Conservative partisan hate campaign against him is just hot air filled with lies and smoke and mirrors.  In other words - BS.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/13/politics … index.html

8. My Esoteric profile image82

Wholesale inflation down in May.  Keep the good news rolling JOE!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/13/economy/ … index.html

9. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 6 weeks ago

so who really thinks trump that acts like an idiot can win

I certainly don't.

Credence2posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

I know that too, but how can so stupid a man, with criminal convictions and a lackluster record while President attract so much support?

The great replacement theory and the ultimate fear of loss of white supremacy that has always been a fundamental part of this society would drive the Right and its sympathizers  to support a dictatorial tyrant in exchange for that dubious benefit. That is what is really driving this, but of course they would never admit it.

I guess they would support a pig rather than have a perceived threat to their desired status quo, and the Pollyanna society that they are desperate to cling to......

That is what I think, anyway.
        ----------
        BTW, is Agent Orange trying to scuttle the upcoming debates ahead of time?

Check this out?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump … 40769.html

That, speaking on behalf of myself and those I often converse with of like mind, is a load of baloney without the macaroni.

Furthermore, here is an example of someone that presents many of the same arguments I make:

Joe Biden Says If He Becomes Tyrannical There's Nothing You Can Do About It, AR-15s Would Be Useless
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQos-Q2Tym4

Is my support for that perspective based on race, do you think?

I don't care about race... great people and stupid people come in all races and either sex.

But we have an Administration now that is trying to create a system that is trying to base itself on race... that is what Equity, CRT, etc. etc. is all about filling quotas and forcing pronouns on people.

That all seems meaningless, a distraction, when we are all getting poorer... when the dollar is worth less and less... when they are taking away your ability to express your opinions.

1. tsmog profile image85

I'm in a weird mood today, so forgive me . . .

"is a load of baloney without the macaroni."

Reminds me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon with his fascination and love for spaghetti with cut up hot dogs.

"The great replacement theory and the ultimate fear of loss of white supremacy that has always been a fundamental part of this society would drive the Right and its sympathizers  to support a dictatorial tyrant in exchange for that dubious benefit. " - You know this would not be the first time in history that happened.

It happened in:

Soviet Union - 1917

Italy - 1922

Germany - 1933

Spain - 1939

China - 1949

Egypt - 1952

Chile - 1973

Argentina - 1976

America - Nov 8, 2024 if Trump wins.

It is the same old song. We, here in America, like to boast that it could not happen here. Well, here we are as there are quite a few people that can not live without controlling others.

I should correct myself, the other forces that want Trump are the affluent corporate types, that want no regulation and no taxation. Toward that end, they will be more than happy to have a inept fool as figurehead.

https://www.salon.com/2024/06/14/could- … ring-talk/

Ken Burgessposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

None of that will matter will it... if this Administration keeps marching us to war:

General Vladimir Kulishov of Russia's FSB has accused NATO of preparing for potential nuclear strikes on Russia
              https://military.news/russian-fsb-chief … r-strikes/

Russian Official Floats New NATO Target for Nuclear Strike
              https://www.newsweek.com/russian-offici … ds-1908346

Do we really want the guy who refuses to negotiate or even talk to Putin to continue to walk us into our mutual destruction?

What do you think of Biden signing a new agreement with (former) President Zelensky committing the United States to financially supporting Ukraine for the next 10 years?

... I wonder how much money can be laundered...

Credence2posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

It has been well over 2 years since Russia invaded the Ukraine, Ken and the sky has yet to fall regarding this war you keep talking about.

But, of course, Donald Trump can get it all settle within 24 hours?

As for the agreement with Zelensky, I don't feel comfortable getting tied down in that way in actuality. But, I think that Putin is aware of the implications of a nuclear holocaust and is not in a hurry to see it come to pass.

2. Valeant profile image81
                Valeantposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Always with the fearmongering.  The idea of mutually assured destruction has been around for a while now.  It's a deterrent for a reason.

3. My Esoteric profile image82
                My Esotericposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

What was the story about Chicken Little?

10. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 6 weeks ago

All I know is that Trump had better show his sorry ass up at debate time. And, he had better be prepared because I want answers and not his usual crock.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't chicken out.  If he does, they should continue the debate with just Biden there answering questions.

Thank you, ESO. The fact that he would chicken out has to influence the opinion of moderate and independent voters as to whether to take Trump seriously.

I appreciate your style of standing up for what so many of us already know and for not mincing words toward that end.

I would love that... all that time for Biden to mumble and stumble around.

I would love it even more as it would reveal Trump as a cowardly fool for not showing up. There will be a price to pay at the polls against Trump and MAGA by discerning people.

A standard Conservative trope as usual that has no bearing in reality.

11. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 5 weeks ago

Let's not let the "Milwaukee is horrible"  flub up pass by so easily.

Republicans are scrambling, bringing out their best damage control personnel to spin what was said by Donald Trump recently. But can there by a more futile endeavor than the attempt to bridle Trumps's tongue?

Nobody asked Republicans nor compelled them to select Milwaukee as its convention city. If it was to be considered crime ridden in a negative light, why not have the convention elsewhere?

Trump in his comment displayed his iconic lack of graciousness and lack of self control. Just the kind of thing we need from a "Commander and Chief"

Republican apologists said that even though Trump admitted to the comments they was taken out of context, really?

What are they saying? That Milwaukee does have a high crime rate. Most larger cities do, and as Milwaukee is the largest city in the state the rate will probably exceed that of Madison, for example. But that rate has fallen in the last two years so in graciousness to your host, he could have accentuated the positive or at a minimum just kept his mouth shut. Again, if that were a problem the GOP could have had its convention elsewhere.

Second, the Republicans are claiming the city is "horrible" because of voter fraud. More stupid rightwing conspiracy theories that they have never proven and has been shown time and time again over 4 years to not hold water.

Third, I believe Trump attacked Milwaukee as the source of his 2020 loss of the Electoral votes in Wisconsin. The tendency for large cities to be ethnically diverse and cosmopolitan produced enough democratic votes to overwhelm the rural ones in other parts of the state. That reality is what he wants to call "voter fraud" and is the source of his resentment and rude comments.

I can only hope that he takes his unhinged and non scripted nature on to the debate lecturn in 2 weeks. There will be no prep people or assistance allowed, not even anyone to freshen his makeup. His lack self control and decorum will be evident before an entire TV audience, he will soil himself and there will be no place to hide.

Didn't Trump show the RNC the back of his hand for picking such a decrepit city?  He must think Republicans are pretty incompetent by now. Or, maybe it is that he just isn't capable of rational thoughts in his mentally ill mind.

Also, bear in mind that there will be no live audience to feed off of.  He will feel absolutely naked when there is no rapture to boost his spirits.

Neither Trapper nor Bash have been overly harsh on Trump, just doing fair reporting of what he says and does.  Also, neither have been particularly kind to Biden.

Here are the rules, one in particular is going to really piss Trump off:

The 90-minute debate will include two commercial breaks, according to the network, and campaign staff may not interact with their candidate during that time. (nobody can cool Trump down)

Both candidates agreed to appear at a uniform podium, and their podium positions will be determined by a coin flip.

Microphones will be muted throughout the debate except for the candidate whose turn it is to speak. While no props or pre-written notes will be allowed on the stage, candidates will be given a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

12. My Esoteric profile image82
    My Esotericposted 5 weeks ago

The biggest winners of Biden’s green climate policies? Republicans. - They are such hypocrites!  And once more they are trying to self-destruct (and taking the world with it) by wanting to kill Biden's clean energy program.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/16/climate/ … index.html

13. My Esoteric profile image82

Trump challenges Biden to a "cognitive" test and then confuses the name of his own doctor.

Biden really needs to take him up on that, lol.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/16/politics … -ip-digvid

14. My Esoteric profile image82

I wonder how many MAGA and Independents who follow the polls weaken their support for Trump every time he screams out the lie that he is ahead in the polls "By A Lot". If they look at the polls, they will see he is ahead by only a tiny amount in the general and a minor amount in the battleground states.

For the month of May, the average in favor of Trump was .1 point for the general election.  The same so far in June.

First Yahoo News and now Politico is finding being a felon is hurting Trump and helping Biden, especially with independents but to a lesser degree with Republicans.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ … n-00163498

15. Credence2 profile image78

Excerpt from an NPR report

David North, an independent voter in Connecticut who participated in the survey, said he supported Republican candidates until eight years ago, but is also most likely going to vote for Biden in November.

“I think we have to go with Biden just because he's a regular, old time, slick politician that knows how to get things done,” he said. “They just might not like what he gets done.

But at least he's playing the game kind of by our traditional rules.”

(Now that is important!)

The poll found that while Biden is gaining an edge among independent voters, Trump is doing better among voters who disapprove of both candidates.

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Polls are cool if used with some consistency in my view. All they are is a snap-shot in time of the collective sentiments of participants. I stick with The Hill Election Center checking it at least on Monday's. They keep a running tabulation since Jan 1, 2023 through the current date. That has Trump up by 0.6% over 753 polls.

The Hill Decision Desk - Biden vs Trump Polls
      https://elections2024.thehill.com/natio … p-general/

However, they publish the recent polls too. The five most recent polls results have . . .

Biden 44%, Trump 43%
      Biden 43%, Trump 43%
      Biden 39%, Trump 41%
      Biden 49%, Trump 49%
      Biden 48%, Trump 47%

[Edit: Just for the heck of it I poked about discovering an article from Forbes published June 18th, 2024.

Biden Vs. Trump 2024 Election Polls: Biden Leads In Latest Survey—As Trump Loses Support With Independents
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2 … ependents/

Key Facts

** Biden is up one point over Trump in Morning Consult’s weekly survey for the second week in a row after previously trailing Trump for a month—the latest survey to show Trump’s lead has slipped in the wake of the verdict.

** The two are tied in a PBS/Marist poll released Tuesday that found Trump has lost six points with independents compared to the groups’ May survey taken before his conviction, while Biden has gained eight points and now leads Trump by two points among independents.

** Thirty-two percent of independents said they’re less likely to support Trump after he was convicted in Manhattan last month on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records, according to a Politico/Ipsos poll released Monday, that found 33% of voters overall said they’re less likely to support Trump, including 9% of Republicans.

** A June Times/Siena survey also found Trump’s lead has declined one point and Biden’s has increased one point among the same group of 2,000 voters polled in April and May, before Trump was convicted last month by a Manhattan jury, though Trump still leads Biden 47% to 46%, the survey found.

** Polls consistently show the conviction is a low priority for voters in making their decisions about who to cast their ballots for in November—the Politico/Ipsos poll found 53% said it’s not important to their voting decision, while 61% of respondents in a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday said it won’t impact their vote.

** A CBS/YouGov poll released June 9 also found the majority, 55%, of likely voters said Trump’s conviction isn’t a factor in their voting decisions, and six other issues, including the economy, crime and border, outrank the conviction by double digit margins in terms of importance to voters.

** About half of Americans, 48%, said they agree with a Manhattan jury’s decision last month to convict Trump, according to an AP-NORC poll released June 12, including 32% of independents and 15% of Republicans, while 29% of all respondents disapprove and 21% neither approve nor disapprove.

Well, Tim, in all honesty, I don't really know accurate they are? Are the sample sizes truly representative of the general public? Everyone thought that Hillary Clinton was going to win in 2016, until she didn't. I would look at long term trends that are persistent and get more of the inattentive potential voters to pay attention. That may well not happen until after the debates and the GOP convention.

1. tsmog profile image85

Agreed on accuracy, sample size, and if it is demographically representative. They can be mysterious. That is why I like the The Hill Election Center running tabulation plus publishing recent polls.

On the Clinton vs Trump polling with the election results the polls were correct. She won the popular vote and that is what the polls reflected. Polls don't reflect the electoral college unless you look at polls for each state as stand alone.

What is cool at The Hill Election Center is they have a drop down to look at National or by individual state. So, an individual can keep tabs on the swing states if so desired.

For instance for Florida where you live take a peek at this link.
          https://elections2024.thehill.com/florida/

Thanks for the link, Tim. The swing states are probably crucial, I will have to keep an eye on them.

Further, in the end, only one of the battleground states was miscalled (can't remember which).

I keep track of the RCP numbers and stratify them by month. I just entered a Fox News poll which had Biden up 2 in the general election.  For the first time since I have tracking it, Biden went ahead of Trump by .1.  It has taken some time to get there but this is the track (minus is Trump up):

Dec 2023: -.9
      Jan 2024: -1.7.
      Feb:          -2.1
      Mar:          -0.8
      Apr:          -0.3
      May:         -0.1
      Jun:         +0.1

Bet the trend continues. Now that needs to translate to the battleground states.

Let's hope the clear direction of the pro Biden trend continues. I am hoping the reality of a convicted felon as a major party nominee combined with An anticipated abysmal debate performance just might wake a few folks up.

Lets consider how criminal the Biden Administration has been... how detrimental to America its actions have been.

Did you know Russia has now joined North Korea in a military alliance?

Do you know where this is going? 

North Korea is aligned with China, China is aligned with Iran, Russia is aligned with all of the above.

Saudi Arabia has left America and joined BRICS, so has the UAE, Iran recently joined, literally hundreds of nations are lining up to join BRICS.

Sadly, most Americans are unaware of what is really occurring in the world and how bad the Biden Administration has been for our interests, Biden and most in his Administration should be brought up on charges of Treason just for their foreign affairs... to say nothing of what they have done here at home, using the Justice system to try and steal an election and remove the political opposition.

Things will be getting significantly worse for Americans before we reach November, at the same time Biden is becoming incapable of public appearances without showing obvious signs of dementia... it is a scary time.

My suggestion to my fellow Americans... take your vacations and spend your money on those housing projects or new car that you have been putting off, while you can, the bottom is soon to fall out of the value of the Dollar.

This is going to happen, in part, because the world no longer operates on trading energy (oil/gas) with the Dollar, which became effective last week.  No amount of government spending or spin is going to fix it.  I am sure your MSM sources have left you unaware of this, or how it impacts the value of the Dollar and our economy, but trust me, it won't be long before you start seeing its effects... when you are buying a loaf of bread for $20.

Did you know Russia and North Korea once had a military alliance?  In any case, what does that have to do with price of rice in China?

You know who is joining BRICS?  Autocratic nations that hate democracy.

You must be seeing the Right-Wing deep-fake version of Biden.

You know what WILL drive inflation?  Trump's across-the-board tariff war with China and Europe.  You know what else will drive inflation?  Trump's plan to put asylum seekers in concentration camps and deporting them.  America will no longer to produce enough supply to meet demand.

I don't have to wait long now ...

It will be interesting to see what spin you try to put on things when the bottom falls out.

Haven't you been making these doomsday predictions for the last decade or so? Which ones have come true, or are we still waiting?

Decade or so...?

I wasn't even aware of HP forums a decade ago.

I think I have accurately predicted things like the Biden Administration's escalating the conflict in Ukraine a couple years back.

I predicted the Biden Administration would be the worst of all choices for America before he even became the nominee... I woefully under-estimated how incredibly harmful he was going to be for America.

The harsh reality is America will not feel the likely insurmountable pain the Biden Administration has caused us until after the November election.

It is only after the election, after they have pulled every rabbit out of every hat, spent Trillions more in debt, used up every drop of our Oil Reserves, put out every lie they can think of to cover their ineptitudes... that America will really feel the consequences of this corrupt traitorous Administration.

1. Willowarbor profile image59
                    Willowarborposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

"used up every drop of our Oil Reserves,"

Are you serious ?

The current inventory is 352 million barrels.

"I think I have accurately predicted things like the Biden Administration's escalating the conflict in Ukraine a couple years back." - PROBLEM is, Biden didn't escalate the Ukraine conflict. Instead, he tried to dissuade Putin from invading.  Putin didn't listen.  Therefore, you were wrong in your prediction.

"I predicted the Biden Administration would be the worst of all choices for America before he even became the nominee" - AND YET, he has turned out to be one of the most effective first-term presidents ever.  Therefore, you were wrong in your prediction.

Try some more.

16. Credence2 profile image78

This is the of explanation why Trump's lies and misrepresentations seem to permeate the very air we breath, and why it is always a tough slog getting the truth out to counter it. Trump and MAGA are content with the strategy because it works to catch the uninformed in a vulnerable state, and there are many like that.

The phrase( "a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes" )

is a metaphorical expression that highlights the speed and ease with which false information or rumors can spread compared to the time it takes for the truth to emerge and correct them.

The saying suggests that false or sensationalized information can quickly capture public attention and gain traction, spreading rapidly through various communication channels such as social media, news outlets, or word of mouth. On the other hand, the truth, which requires verification, fact-checking, and thorough investigation, may take longer to emerge and be disseminated.

This phenomenon is particularly relevant in the digital age, where information travels at a rapid pace, often without sufficient scrutiny or verification. Misinformation, rumors, and false narratives can easily go viral, capturing public attention and shaping opinions before the truth has a chance to catch up.

The expression serves as a reminder of the importance of critical thinking, fact-checking, and responsible information sharing. It highlights the need for individuals to be discerning consumers of information and to take the time to verify facts before accepting or spreading them.

Another example of a blatant out and out lie, with no basis in fact.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-elevat … 37040.html

17. Valeant profile image81
    Valeantposted 5 weeks ago

Love all the projection.  That it was election interference to enforce laws when someone cheats in an election.  That Biden is the only one having senior moments currently when Trump cannot even remember his former White House doctor.

And then we get the usual fearmongering.  The economy was supposed to crash right away, if I remember correctly, when Biden took over.  That's what the right was saying.  Instead, we've gotten one of the strongest recoveries from the pandemic.

As for BRICS, it's had China, Russia, Brazil, and India since 2009.  It's not really surprising that a few other nations would be interested in joining that group, especially fellow oil producing nations.  It's not the five-alarm fire it's made out to be.

And an amazing stock market with 401ks going through the roof.

I wonder if Brazil will stay in now that they aren't run by a dictator.

18. My Esoteric profile image82

Been doing a little analysis on the battleground state polls.

WI: I broke the polling down in two parts: Dec - Mar and April - now: Biden improved from 45.0 to 46.3 while Trump stay constant at 47: Advantage Biden.

PA: Biden improved slightly from 45.6 to 46.0 while Trump improved from 45.2 to 48.0!: Advantage Trump

NV Biden declined slightly from 43.2 to 42.6 while Trump improved from 47.1 to 48.6: Advantage Trump

GA: Biden stayed constant at 43.35 while Trump decreased slightly from 48.9 to 48.1: Slight Advantage Biden

AZ: Biden stayed constant at 43.8 to 43.5 while Trump increased slightly from 48.0 to 48.3: Slight Advantage Trump

Give it another month to see how things change.

1. tsmog profile image85

Redfield & Wilton Strategies published their recent study for swing states. This is their sixth edition.

"In a hypothetical match-up between Joe Biden and Donald Trump, with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. included as an independent candidate, Donald Trump holds a lead of six points over Biden in Florida (43% vs 37%) while holding leads of between 1% and 5% in the other five states polled."

Latest US Swing States Voting Intention (8-11 June 2024)
      https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com … june-2024/

It shows for the five main candidates:

Biden
      Trump
      Kennedy
      Stein
      Oliver

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/1-15-1536x864.png

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/10-7-1536x864.png

The report is full of graphics covering different topics. Worth a peek if time is of avail.

From what I have heard recently, the "Don't Knows" tend to be breaking for Biden.

I didn't read it all the way through, but do you know if they compare these results with their previous polls?

19. My Esoteric profile image82

While still high by pandemic standards (but not by historical standards) mortgage rates fell again to 6.87%. 

Keep up the Great Work, Joe!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/20/economy/ … index.html

20. Valeant profile image81
    Valeantposted 5 weeks ago

Well, HP says it's been eleven years, so they would seem to undercut that claim.  And there's more of that projection.  America felt the disastrous results of Trump not being able to protect our country from a pandemic that originated overseas for a few years after he left office.  And to call the Biden administration corrupt while MAGAs own candidate was impeached twice and is a convicted felon is about as tone-deaf as it gets.

Being a member of HP is not the same as knowing of or interacting on the forums.

I am sure you can comprehend that.

Back then, people joined HP to post their articles... hard to believe, I know, but at least for me, it was true.

True.  Now too many people seem to be here to repost their propaganda and fearmonger instead of posting any original content.

Reposting propaganda and fearmonger seems to be what makes them wake-up in the morning.

Yeah... looking at your articles and forum threads, I agree fully.

You are obviously projecting since I don't post propaganda, nor do I fearmonger.  Examples please.

That was a really weak attempt at an insult by him.  Dude's in here every day telling us how scared he is that we're not backing down from Russian aggression.  Or how the record stock market and strong job markets under Biden are sure to be harbingers to an economic collapse.  If I lived my life in that much fear, I'd be ashamed of myself.

Well here, if you can listen to this distinguished gentleman discuss the truth of how dangerous a moment the Biden Administration has brought us to... just a few moments of your time the depth of the matter should be clear by the 7 minute mark... and you aren't chilled to the bone, then I daresay one of us doesn't know how to define what fact is, from fearmongering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3NM_H-lwZc

No, I am not chilled to the bone. He is hardly an unbiased source. Even ex-judges can be conspiracy theorists and fearmongerer.

Well, I've spent a couple years there...

Such scenario as he presented could very easily play out.

I guess my knowing how legitimate a threat it really is, gives me a perspective you can't share.

My Esotericposted 4 weeks ago

Just heard an interesting comment that can give you pause - President Biden is going to standing 8 feet away from the man who tried to steal the election from him.

He should say words to that effect right off the bat.

Boy, just watched Rep Stefanec string a lot of lies together. She led off with Trump was within 6 points of Biden.  I just looked at RCP and not one poll had him at 6 points.

Who noticed that Melanie dumped Trump again?

She used to support him a lot - not any more.

5. My Esoteric profile image82

An important point was just made - Ukrainian soldiers are listening to this debate on their radios on the front line WONDERING if they will have a country after the debate is over.

6. My Esoteric profile image82

Biden is talking way too fast.

Trump started out with a big LIE, that his economy was the best ever.  It wasn't.

7. My Esoteric profile image82

Trump is just lying a storm, but nobody cares.  But, Biden is failing badly in his delivery, not good.  People ignore Trump's lies but won't ignore Biden's speaking.

Biden needs to slow down and get his act together.

8. My Esoteric profile image82

On the topic of veterans, Biden improved.  Trump keeps on lying.

9. My Esoteric profile image82

Trump just said Biden encouraged Putin to invade Ukraine.  Trump is starting to not make sense.

No terror at all under Trump administration says Trump.

Trump just basically said he will give Ukraine to Russia before he becomes president.

10. My Esoteric profile image82

Biden is doing better, but not good enough yet.  He does seem to be getting stronger as time goes on.

Trump's lies are beyond belief - but I'll say it again, nobody cares.

11. My Esoteric profile image82

Bottom line: Biden did a terrible job.
                          Trump appeared stronger in spite of about 100% lies.

Valeantposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Biden's too old and Trump's delusional.  There are no good candidates in this race.

My Esotericposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Because of what he has accomplished in the last three and half years and the brutal schedule he keeps, I am not buying the too old.  If that is true, then the people around him, reporters, world leaders are certainly doing an amazing job of covering it up.

On policy, Biden clearly won in spite of his horrible delivery.  On style, the demagogue won and that seems to be all people care about - style.

Valeantposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

When Biden lost his train of thought while talking about Medicare, it was over for him.  When they were talking about the topic of abortion and he pivoted to immigration, that showed his inability to keep his thoughts cogent.  No one with a sound mind would pivot from the strongest topic of your campaign to the weakest one in such a manner.

I wish he had said this last night instead of today at a rally:

'I know I'm not a young man, to state the obvious. I don't walk as easy as I used to. I don't speak as smoothly as I used to. I don't debate as well as I used to. BUT I know what I know. I know right from wrong. And I know how to do this job. I know how to get things done. And I know like millions of Americans know, when you get knocked down you get back up."

12. Valeant profile image81
      Valeantposted 4 weeks ago

True, but we have to recognize that Biden really struggled.  The guys at Pod Save America keep it real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1FiC44Z9BA

13. Valeant profile image81
      Valeantposted 4 weeks ago

It would be ideal for Biden to step aside, but it's still a cognitively challenged man versus an outright insane man living in an alternate reality.  Neither are fit for the office, but if it comes down to that choice, I'd take a good man with memory issues over an evil man living within his own delusions.

And then you get this from the Treasurer of our Bradford County Executive Committee that I belong to:

"Yeah, I heard him speaking at the (North Carolina) rally, and he did great. Energetic, full voice, expressive. Sure wish he could have done that last night. The crowd was pumped, and kept interrupting him with "Four More Years!" "

14. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 4 weeks ago

President Biden has a qualified staff and cabinet to support him and his policies have been good for the country. I could not care less about a debate performance. Certainly not putting a convicted felon in office.

peoplepower73posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

What people don't realize, including the moderators is that Trump used a strategy in that debate.  When Trump and Biden were asked the same question, Biden would always try to answer the question. 

However, when it was Trump's turn to answer the question, he would always criticize Biden's answer instead of answering the question given to both of them. Sometimes the moderators would inform him that he never answered the original question.  But by then the time to answer the question asked of him had almost runout.  In this way, he was able to attack Biden and avoid answering the original questions and spew forth all his lies with unfettered hyperbole.

It was a very clever strategy. When he went off track and did not answer the original question, the moderators had the ability to mute his mike, but they didn't do that.  That should be emphasized, in the rules of the next debate, if they have one.

wildernessposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I have yet to see any politician that makes a habit of answering questions.  Instead the typical reply to questions is to simply talk about whatever they wish to, ignoring the question completely.

And that include Biden.  If he doesn't like the question, and feels the answer will get him votes, he won't answer it.  Even in his enfeebled state of mind he retains that habit from years ago.

My Esotericposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Actually, for the most part, that did not include Biden.  He supplied some sort of answer to each question he was given. Granted, on a couple or three occasions, it was hard to discern what he was saying. I do recall the moderator having ask Biden a second time once or twice before getting an answer.

But that said, even Trump answered a most of the questions, sometimes after being asked a second time because he went off on a tangent the first time he was asked. 

Most of his answers, when given, where short and lacking any content and therefore meaningless.

Most of Biden's answers were longer and more meaningful but nevertheless left a lot to be desired.

It seemed they stuffed Biden way too full of facts and figures and he started out like a firehose trying to get them out, falling on his face in the process.  The first words I wrote here and said to my wife - "He is talking way too fast".  I have noticed he talks fast in any event and I suspect it is a defense against his stutter.

I have also noticed in myself, I am 77. It started about 5 or 10 years ago where the connection between my brain and my lips/tongue has deteriorated. That often leaves me embarrassed and frustrated because I can't get the words out that are in my mind. 

While that feature is easy to see in Biden, I noticed that it often happens with Trump, although many times he doesn't bother correcting the flub.

1. tsmog profile image85
              tsmogposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

On the last paragraph, myself at 69 today, as you, since maybe some 5 years back I at times have a disconnect between my brain and speech. I kind of stumble in my speech more often, speak slower, and have difficulty finding words. My hand writing changed too. I can't do my signature as fluid as I use to.

I brought it up to my primary care physician. She said possibly I underwent a minor transient ischemic attack (TIA). That is a form of stroke. It may have given cause to minor aphasia. For now I just monitor it for changes.

The difficulty finding words is even more frustrating than getting my mouth to form the proper words.  I recognized and was empathetic to Biden's moment where he, in silence, was searching for words and then came up with something inane like "beating Medicare" (hopefully he meant inflation).

I don't have age as an excuse for handwriting, it has always been terrible, lol.

wildernessposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I sympathize, for I am also having more and more trouble finding the words I want.  I always had a large vocabulary since I was a voracious reader from a very early age, but these last few years passing 70 I have more and more trouble finding words.  Very, very frustrating.

Hearing them I know what they mean; I just can't come up with them myself.  A thesaurus makes a great friend.

peoplepower73posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm 85 and I feel I have lived for so long and have so much stuff in my brain that when I can't come up with words, it's like I'm searching through my data base to find the word.

When I watch Jeopardy, I know the answer to the question, but it does not come to me right away, it takes time to do the sorting and then when I'm not actively thinking about it it  will come up.  Sometimes it happens when I'm even in a different conversation.

85!!! My! By some people's definition you must be feeble, barely able to stand up, and about braindead unable to put two sentences together, lol.

To think, when I was 17, I didn't think I would make it past the ripe old age of 65.

Personally, I care in so far as it impacts his electability; how the public perceives him.

I know that what we saw at the debate is not how Joe Biden normally acts.  He is more like the energetic man he was the next morning at the North Carolina rally.

And as I told Valeant, his staff, reporters, and world leaders must be colluding in the biggest cover up ever if he really is as the Republicans try to make him out to be.

On a different note. At least one person that matters heard Trump's lies last night and changed his opinion about him.  Rep Debbie Dingle related how a Black constituent she knows was leaning heavily toward Trump - until he saw him Thursday night.  Then it became crystal clear to him what we have all been saying about Trump's lack of morals and ethics.

While I do think Biden is fit for office, Valeant makes a great point when he wrote "Neither are fit for the office, but if it comes down to that choice, I'd take a good man with memory issues over an evil man living within his own delusions."

15. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 4 weeks ago

Well said.

16. My Esoteric profile image82

This will be interesting to watch.  The latest Rasmussen daily survey for the period 23 - 27 Jun had Bidens Job Approval at 44. 

Their next survey release will include the debate.  The following five ought to tell us how badly damaged, if at all, Biden was after his stellar (not) performance.

Another poll to watch is Morning Consult for the General Election which samples in the 6,000 to 12,000 range.  Its latest poll was on the 28th, the day after the debate.  Its result was Biden +1, in line with previous results. 

Over time, MC has shown a definite improvement for Biden. The average difference between him and Trump from Dec - Feb was -2.7. But for Mar - Apr, it improved to -.25 and between May and so far in Jun. it improved further to -.11.

A CNN snap poll before and after the debate found the following:

* Favorable Opinion of Biden: Pre-debate - 37%; Post-debate - 31%, a loss of six points

*  Unfavorable Opinion of Biden: Pre-debate - 60%; Post-debate - 58%, a two point improvement?!

* No Opinion of Biden: Pre-debate - 3%; Post-debate - 12%

* Favorable Opinion of Trump: Pre-debate - 40%; Post-debate - 43%, a three point improvement (I guess lying all the time is a plus)

* Unfavorable Opinion of Trump: Pre-debate - 50%; Post-debate - 57%, a loss of six points (I guess lying all the time is a BIG plus)

* No Opinion of Trump: Pre-debate - 3%; Post-debate - 7%

17. My Esoteric profile image82
      My Esotericposted 3 weeks ago

One small comfort the Democrats might take is that viewership was way, way down. "Only" 47.9 million people watched the debate through various feeds; the 1st debate in 2020 saw 73 million. The all time high was 84 million.

The mainstream media came in with 38.2 million and Lying Fox News had 9.3 million. Within the MSN, CNN had 9.5 million, ABC had 9.2 million, and MSNBC had 4.1 million.

On CNN, 3.3 million were in the 25 - 59 year age group.

18. My Esoteric profile image82

A body language expert from the FBI with decades of experience turns off the sound to watch the debate.  This is some of what he found.

BIDEN:

Biden entered the room first, and his stiff walk, with a short, narrow stride, immediately showed his age. Contrary to what they say online, that’s not necessarily a cataclysmic sign of mental decline. But as we age, we lose a lot of the nerves that help us keep our balance. - He also has spondylosis if the spine.

In a similar way, Biden looked white as a sheet next to a sun-kissed Trump. Humans naturally intuit health, vitality and energy in a tanned face. It was another indicator that Biden appeared somewhat frail. - another "appearance" aspect that has nothing to do with his abilities.

I have watched Biden since the early ’90s, and this is the most stoic I have ever seen him. He was still as a statue at times, especially in the first 40 minutes or so. His lack of movement was especially striking next to Trump, who drew the viewer’s eye with dynamic hand motions and aggressive finger pointing that emphasized his arguments, making him appear much more energetic.

I often say that body language speaks volumes, but Biden’s volume was full of blank pages. Sure, it might be because he wanted to be respectful and listen intently. But it could also be because, as we age, our gestures become more economical. Biden’s nonverbal communication did nothing to counter the narrative that his age is catching up to him.
      - Another "appearance" aspect that has nothing to do with his abilities.

Neither, for that matter, did his verbal communication. ... but the hoarse timbre of Biden’s voice immediately distracted most viewers from his arguments.

Biden and Trump both exhibited eyelid flutters, but they did so at different times and for different reasons. Biden fluttered his eyes when he made a mistake. Even with the sound off, I could tell when he stumbled over a word or felt he hadn’t expressed himself well because his eyelids would flutter in frustration with himself. It’s a common behavior for people who, like Biden, have a stutter.

TRUMP

The first thing I noticed about Trump was his tan. You might think that sounds superficial, but appearances can make a big difference. Just think of how disheveled Richard Nixon looked — with his 5 o’clock shadow, lack of makeup and pale complexion — next to a young, tanned, make-up-wearing senator named John F. Kennedy in the first televised debate in 1960.

Biden and Trump both exhibited eyelid flutters, but they did so at different times and for different reasons. With Trump, the eyelid flutter was less an expression of inward frustration than outward disdain.

Overall, Trump has the most expressive eyes — but not in a good way. When he hears something he doesn’t like, his eyelids come down hard and linger in a downcast position. The fifth cranial nerve (C5) innervates the eyelids, and we subconsciously force them closed to put pressure on the eyeball and the eyelids themselves.

Simultaneously, Trump’s eyebrows arch. Often, that’s a sign of recognition, like when your eyebrows pop up when you run into a friend on the street. But with Trump, it’s something different: a gravity-defying behavior that emphasizes dislike. Humans gesture upward, against gravity — raising our hands or our eyebrows, for example — as a kind of somatic exclamation point. But in Trump’s case, the raised eyebrows communicate not surprise but discomfort or suspicion.

Ever since he’s appeared on television, Trump has displayed an idiosyncratic behavior that gives away his feelings of disagreement, dislike or disdain, and it showed up plenty of times during the debate: puckered lips.

Several times, when Trump heard something negative, he exhibited a behavior I call a deflective pseudo-smile.

In a true, genuine smile, also called a Duchenne smile, we see an organic movement of the lips and a crinkling of the eyes. But with Trump’s deflective smile, the lips compress tight, the commissures (or corners) of the mouth tightly pull upward and laterally, almost like you’d see on a clown’s face, and the eyebrows arch quite high. This makes the smile look contrived, intended to nonverbally fend off a verbal attack. It’s a way to pretend something wasn’t hurtful when, in fact, it was.

Notice that in all the above, it says nothing about either man's fitness for the job.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ … s-00165698

19. GA Anderson profile image84
      GA Andersonposted 3 weeks ago

I can explain those memory and word issues we're experiencing: Our FAT tables have become corrupted by age. Our brains ran out of logical storage locations and started forgetting where they scattered the stuff we know. ;-)

GA

Ken Burgessposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Unrelated but something that might give you a good chuckle....

Tucker Reacts to Trump vs. Biden Debate During Sydney, Australia Speech
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFs5k_cKbk

On an aside... if you watch some of the reviews of the debate done by 'comedians' like John Stewart
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJr44m-w1Y

I dislike Stewart, and he still had me in stitches...

You have to laugh, this is the man that is supposed to be leading the Western world and America through the tumultuous times we are in?

1. GA Anderson profile image84
          GA Andersonposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Nope, I don't see anything to laugh about. Even the motive of laughing because it's so silly doesn't work here.

The 'conspiracy' questioning of 'who is really in charge, because it's not Joe' doesn't sound like such a conspiracy now.

For weeks the White House has been pushing the narrative that Pres. Biden is sharp-as-a-tack — behind the scenes. Folks have put their reputation on the line testifying to his sharpness in their interactions with him*. If I'm to believe my own eyes, then the 'who's in charge' question seems a legitimate one.
          *no more so than Trump's  Cabinet members who went around the table praising and thanking him for allowing them to be in his sphere

GA

He was "sharp-as-a-tack" the next morning in North Carolina.  Too bad he wasn't Thursday night.

As I mentioned to Valeant about his capacities - all I have to do is look at what he has accomplished (whether you agree with the policies or not) in his 3.5 years (more than all modern first term presidents), follow him along on a schedule so grueling that I doubt anyone on this forum could keep up with, and successfully interact with a wide range of world leaders to have no doubt he is fit for another four years.

It is either that or his staff, all the news media, and all the world leaders are colluding to cover up his infirmity.  I buy my first option as being reality.

What is scarier still, is if there were a point in time where he was in charge and it was his mind deciding things like.... oh, I don't know, deciding not to negotiate with Russia... but rather keep escalating the conflict...

But take your pick of any of the critical decisions over the last few years...

Especially the ones that have huge implications on all our futures...

The ones that have re-aligned the global order...

The ones that have shifted former allies to now partnering with our most dangerous enemies and dropping the use of the Dollar...

Sorry, you have to laugh, or else you go mad, or you buy in, which is essentially the same thing...

Carlson would do America a favor by staying in Australia.

Stewart was hilarious. His Chyron (you have no idea how many times I had to look up the spelling of that word) said it all - "Blatant Liar vs Senior Moments".

Understand.

20. Vlado - Val Karas profile image68
      Vlado - Val Karasposted 3 weeks ago

Tim -- I am 79 and, considering that English is only my second language, I may be looking for a right word from time to time; but not while I am writing, only when I speak. However, since I've been retired for the last14 years, I am not speaking nearly as much as I did during my working years, so I see it as natural that my speaking motoric has lost some connection with my thinking brain.
      As for Biden, I think they are making too much of a big deal of it -- what might be a bigger concern is his general vitality, as he is giving a strong impression of someone "tired of life".

But Biden's weakness doesn't automatically mean Trump's strengths, since you could find a series of Trump's nonsensical expressions -- even without any stuttering or searching for a right word. It doesn't mean that a fluent speech means a smart speech.
      Since I am a political cynic, to me it makes no difference if a Republican or a Democrat candidate wins -- but looking at the personalities and age of both, Trump and Biden, I am honestly finding it unbelievable that the national taste is split merely between these two, without considering anyone else. I can't help thinking of personality cults -- if everything based on personal popularity, rather than a CLEAN resume.
      With Biden being indirectly responsible for all those poor people being killed in Ukraine, and Trump having all this legal crap going against him -- which no sugarcoating can remove -- isn't it time to focus on real needs of the fine American people, rather than glorify two old geezers who have this ambition to make some big political waves in this leftover time before they kick the bucket.

Are you buying into this conspiracy theory that it was Biden and not Putin who started the Ukraine war?

I fail to see how Biden is even indirectly responsible for Putin's aggression.

2. peoplepower73 profile image82
        peoplepower73posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Here is my take.  I think the idiots in all of government at the local, state, and federal level have too much power, including the Supreme Court.

Trumper's are idiots for believing all his lies.  Trump is a slime bag who is slithering his way out of all his criminal charges by delaying, distracting, and duping the courts with his lawyers.

Who are the idiots? In the senate, it's those who are intimidated by Trump's threats.  In the house, it is those who think Trump is some kind of savior and in the Supreme Court it is those who are trying to find immunity for Trump and all his criminal acts.

At the state and local level, it is those who are trying to combine church and state with their holier than thou, self-righteousness. They have taken away a woman's rights to control her own body and now they want the 10 commandments displayed in all classrooms which is in violation of the right to practice your own religion.  They think Moses is an all encompassing historic figure that everybody should follow regardless of you personal religion.  I blame Trump for a lot of this BS.

I have said my piece and now I feel better.

I doubt "Trumpers" believe all his lies.

They are people that recognize the "sum" truth of what he says.

He simplifies things into easily recognizable 'slogans' and positions and he repeats them over and over.

"Fake News" and "Drain the Swamp" are two good examples.

The 'deplorable' Americans, of all colors and creeds today, recognize the truth in what he represents. 

Our government HAS become a corrupt Swamp.  The news is fake, fabrications and propaganda and directing you on what to believe.

Some of the people believe the lies all of the time... that is who CNN and MSNBC still exist for, as well as FOX, those who believe what they are told to believe and do whatever they must not to be ostracized or labeled.

Any chance of the majority of Americans going completely back to sleep and being willing to believe the nonsense has pretty much been shredded by Biden's term.

I don't know if someone who had been smoother, more relatable to younger people, more competent and able to complete coherent sentences could have pulled the wool over the majority of American's eyes again... but we didn't get someone else... we got the most corrupt and clueless relic of the previous era they could drag up... 50 years in the Swamp... the world is beginning to burn all around us because of it.

The sum of "Trump's truth" is zero. That is a well established truth.

The "Fake News" he is talking about is Lying Fox News, Newsmax, and AON. 

Trump IS the swamp, which he failed to drain.

Trump does not represent any sort "truth".  He represents everything that is wrong with America. And those that sincerely believe his lies are part of that problem.  There is that set of people (deplorables if you insist) in any society who will side with the dictator.  Hitler had his following (many of them violent as with MAGA). Putin has his blind followers supporting his authoritarianism (he is an example of the "truth" Trump represents).  Un has, unbelievably, his set of dedicated followers who are very happy with his repressive regime.

In America, those people would all belong to MAGA.

The "news" you speak of is Lying Fox News, Newsmax, and AON.

The "most corrupt and clueless relic of the previous era they could drag up" you are speaking of is Trump, of course.

Trump's "truths":

The "swamp" needs drained.  Yes, when our politicians are far more concerned about re-election and their pocketbook than the country, it needs drained.  When they are incapable of working together to run the country, instead demanding their way or the highway, it needs drained.  Trump is correct, and it doesn't apply to just Democrats.  Republicans are just as guilty.

The Southern border needs closed.  Yes.  When Biden's grandiose plans for reform is to simply make it easier for anyone to become an American it is not a solution.  Trump is right - we desperately need to close that wide open border.

We need to bring it back to America.  Yes - when our manufacturing has disappeared in favor of imports we need it back.  When the rest of the world gets our resources before we do, we need it back.  Trump is again right.

In point of fact much of Trump's philosophy, including the hated idea of MAGA, (to Make America Great, not the travesty liberals make it out to be) is right.  We need to put America first rather than the rest of the world.  We need to make our own decisions on where we go and how we do it, rather than giving those choices to a socialist committee designed and intending to drain our resources, giving it to other countries.

That philosophy is indeed the antithesis of liberal thinking, specifically Bidens.  Nevertheless it is true.

Valeantposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

'The "swamp" needs drained.  Yes, when our politicians are far more concerned about re-election and their pocketbook than the country, it needs drained.'

Like you said, it's a both party system.  So, why then would the solution be to replace the politicians instead of changing the system?  And what did Trump propose during his four years to make those changes?  What is he proposing now, aside from putting his own loyalists that are beholden to him and not the country into those positions?

'When Biden's grandiose plans for reform is to simply make it easier for anyone to become an American it is not a solution.'  Certainly, a solution he's proposed, but not the only one he's been willing to get behind when given options.

Biden has also succeeded in bringing our manufacturing back to America, and unlike Trump, actually passed legislation through Congress to help achieve this goal.  This is not a Trump-only plan.

As for America first, when we ducked our head in the sand, things like Covid flourished.  With our country tied to global markets, how did that work out for our economy?  America first failed us once, and you're right, it is the antithesis of liberal thinking.  Not sure we need a repeat.

And given our declining population, making it easier for people to become Americans is a win-win proposition.

For the life of me I cannot understand why you keep saying we need more people.  Particularly more people that cannot supply their own needs.

We have enough to produce everything we need, with some left over to trade with.  You harp on that GDP will go up, as if that means something when it all goes to someone else rather than our own citizens that are already here.  The only thing additional poor living off the American trough can do is lower living standards for Americans.

Because I understand economics and you don't.  It is as simple as that.

The ONLY things I've heard Biden behind on the illegal alien problem is to make it easier to enter and become a citizen.  No other concept has been offered or approved of by Biden.

But Trump started the bring it back, and actually DID get some.  What has Biden brought back?  Chip manufacturing where he built a plant and gave it to Micron?

It isn't about living in the world, it's about always putting America first.  Don't give money to third world countries to feed them; give it to our own homeless vets.  Don't subsidize manufacturing plants in a foreign country; help out our own businesses first.  When ALL of our citizens have homes, jobs and a good lifestyle THEN worry about giving money/resources away.

Oh, so if you haven't heard it, it doesn't exist?  Like when Biden was willing to sign the bipartisan immigration reform bill that emerged from the Senate?  That clearly wasn't a way 'make it easier to enter or become a citizen,' but don't let Biden's support for the bill get in the way of a fabricated belief system.

As for manufacturing, manufacturing employment did increase from mid 2017 to early 2019, but at roughly the same pace as it did for most of Obama's tenure. And for the year between early 2019 and early 2020, manufacturing employment stagnated. And that was before the coronavirus hit.  So, the case could be made that, like most other things pertaining to the economy, is that it was simply an extension of what Obama left behind.  As you note, Biden specifically brought back something with legislation.

We can agree in cutting back some foreign aid and taking care of our own.  But we need to have a hand in the global scene as well since our economy is tied to it.

Just keep on ignoring the data - people notice.

"That clearly wasn't a way 'make it easier to enter or become a citizen"

Except it clearly WAS.

Yes, we need to have a hand in the global scene - no argument there.  But we do NOT need to be the "deep pockets" of the world, providing more charity than the rest of the world combined.

Well said.

In the matters of foreign affairs, it wouldn't hurt if we had people who put the interests of Americans... and not the MIC or the Hegemony as the driving force for their decision making.

The entire idea that we must force "Democracy" into Ukraine, that we must have NATO brought up to the border of Russia... these are concepts that have us in ever deepening stages of world war.

These are the arrogant and overbearing actions that have the greater part of the world shifting away from America and into the sphere of China and Russia.

These are the actions that have forced Russia into being best friends to China and North Korea, who in turn are best friends with Iran all of whom work with India, Saudi Arabia, the UAE.

Prior to Biden, we lived in a world where these alliances did not exist or were not as dependable.  Four years ago the UAE and Saudi Arabia were reliable American allies... the Biden Administration pushed them away and into the arms of our enemies.

The Biden Administration reversed course on the crippling sanctions on Iran, releasing billions to flow to them, which they in turn used to fund Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Houthis.

All combined, at home and abroad, no Administration has ever been more detrimental for America.  You have to go back further than living memory, to James Buchanan, to find someone equally bad.

And just like after Buchanan's term, America is going to feel significant pain because of the Biden Administration's malfeasance.

1. Why didn't Trump drain the swamp like he promised? (Because he found out that would have swept out all his cronies)

2. "Concerned about Reelection" - Clearly, you are referring to most Republicans and a few Democrats.

3. It is your side that drove all those people to the border by saying it was open when it was not. It was your side who killed a bi-partisan border deal that met all of the Republican demands just so Trump could lie on stage.  Face it, it is your side that is keeping the border open.

4. Manufacturing - You must be looking at data from the 2000s.  Trump lost manufacturing jobs - a fact you refuse to acknowledge. I was Biden who has brought millions of them back!![/b]  (if that is what you are concerned about then you should consider supporting Biden.)

Here is a little history you should have looked up before making your false claim. 
                * Under Roosevelt and Truman, manufacturing jobs increased substantially. 
                * Under Eisenhower, they went flat.
                * Under Kennedy and Johnson, there was another huge increase. 
                * Under Nixon and Ford, the increased a little bit hitting its all time high.
                * Under Carter, Reagan, and Bush 1, they Decreased a lot!
                * Under Clinton, they gained back some.
                * Under Bush 2, they lost a lot of manufacturing jobs. Bush returned us back to [u]1941
                levels!!!!!
                * Obama started digging us out the hole Bush, the Republican, put us in and got us back up to 1948.
                * Trump left us at 1940 levels!
                * Biden has brought us back to 1949 levels.
                * CLEARLY it is the Democrats who know how to bring Manufacturing jobs back. Republicans only know how to lose them.
                https://www.bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-9/f … oyment.htm
                https://waupacafoundry.com/blog/whats-b … -in-the-us
                THOSE were easy to find, you should have looked!

5. MAGA was the term used prior to WW II to keep us out of that war and stopping Hitler.  The world views today's MAGA as the worst that America has to offer.

6. Liberal thinking is to let people do anything they want [u]so long as it doesn't hurt another person or the planet[/i] 

7. Conservative thinking in America is to make believe think and act the way Conservatives want them to.

And THAT is the truth.

3.  Don't be ridiculous.  The only thing in that wonderful plan was to make it easier to become a citizen, and easier to enter.  That's the ONLY way Biden has slowed the crossing off illegal aliens; by making them legal.  Identical action, just a different label by Biden.  He may have fooled you when he reports illegal crossings are down, but he isn't fooling many others.

Liberal thinking is to follow Marx's concept of from each...to each...  And THAT seems to be about ALL that they offer!

Why did Trump and his minions kill the very bill other Republicans have been praying for?  To have something to lie about, of course.

Probably, although I would take except with Trump killing it as he had zero vote on the matter.

But that does not change the fact that the bulk, the meat of the measure was to make it easier to enter and easier to stay.

I bet you do smile

21. Valeant profile image81
      Valeantposted 3 weeks ago

Fake News is his way of brainwashing his followers to trust him, and him alone.  Drain the Swamp is radicalizing those same people against their own government.  These are tactics that domestic terror cults employ.

And when 70% of the GOP believed the 'Big Lie,' that doubt about Trumpers believing all his lies is denial.

22. My Esoteric profile image82

Lying Trump said of President Biden, the best first-term president in modern history, that he has allowed 18 million illegals into the country.  Since it is Trump - He Lied of course.

Illegal crossings were on the rise during Trump's term until Covid shut down the border. If fact, if you follow the trajectory that Trump established in his administration, you end up with what happened in Biden's administration until he finally got a handle on it in 2024.  It has been on a downward trajectory since 2022.

FURTHER, Biden has deported almost as many illegals in one year than Trump did in all four years COMBINED!!. (Why doesn't the Trump-lovers talk about that?)

https://homeland.house.gov/2023/10/26/f … ders-ever/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigrat … -compared/

23. My Esoteric profile image82

Well, as far as the General Election polls go, there is no change after Biden's disaster.  The two that are out for Jun 30 is the  -4 from Harvard/Harris, whose average score is -4.4 for Trump, and -1 from Morning Consult, whose average result is -.25 for Trump.

I still expect it to get worse for a while.

On job approval, it is split.  Harvard/Harris comes in at 40 while its average had been 44, a significant drop.  Rasmussen, on the other hand, stayed even at 42 (its average is 41.9)

Two more general election polls came in, Reuters and CNN.

Reuters (7/2/24) had Trump and Biden tied. Its historical average is +.143, but the range is very wide, from -5 to +4.

CNN (6/30/24) came in at -6 in favor of Trump with which they made a big deal about on the news on my way home to show how much the debate hurt Biden.  Left unsaid, of course, is its average score is -5 for Trump - so there hype was overblown.

It would appear, based on what I have listened to for the last three days,  that CNN, or at least Jake Trapper, is on a campaign to get Biden to quit in favor of Harris.

/Next up is Yahoo News (7/1). They came in at -2 in favor of Trump, which is the lowest of their scores so far. Their average so far is -.17 for Trump.  This is the most "significant" decline in the polls so far, and it isn't that much.

We now have a total of 5 polls that show little movement in Biden's numbers.

Yahoo News also came in with a 41 score for Biden's Job Approval, which is in line with their 41.75 average.

On the other hand, CNN's 36 score is well below its average of 39.3.

The next two are from 7/2 as well - NYT/Siena and CBS News (actually, the  WSJ came out as well, but I have no history to compare to).

-  NYT/Siena came in at -6.  Its average is -1.75, pretty far apart. So I did a little more work to tell if they are as significantly different from each other as it appears to be.  The standard deviation of the 4 observations is 2.87.  Given that information, the t-value is calculated to be 2.96. The critical t-value with 3 degrees of freedom is 3.18 for a two-tailed test at the 95% confidence level.  Since the t-value is less than the critical t-value then one CANNOT say the a result of -6 is significantly different from the mean of -1.75 and therefore the NYT poll does not show a significant drop in Biden's General Election numbers.  That is in line with the previous analysis.

- CBS News came in at Biden -2.  the average of previous CBS polls is also Biden -2.  So no change there either.

It is starting to look like Biden's dismal performance on the 27th is not registering with the voting public; just with the chattering class.

24. My Esoteric profile image82

When I was working for the Air Force, it was not unusual for me to fly from D.C. to Hawaii conduct a weeks worth of business and returning. Likewise, I made several trips to Europe, doing similar business and returning, I was in my 50s then and remember it taking a week or better to get my bearings and start working on all four cylinders again.

Now, in my 70s when I make long trips like that to England or Mexico, it takes me a little bit longer to get back to normal.  I watched my step-son, in his 40s, react poorly to long distance travel.

Biden finally told his donors something that makes a whole lot of sense to me and explains (doesn't excuse) his performance on the 27th of June.

On June 5, Biden flies to France from America for a five or six-day D-Day celebration. The stay was heavy on ceremony and discussions and local travel.

Around June 12, Biden flies to Italy for another 4 days of intense diplomacy at the G-7. 

On June 14, he meets with the Pope.

On June 14, Biden flies across 9 time zones, all the way to California for a series of fundraiser which lasts until around June 18.

From there, Biden flies back across the country to D.C. to start intensive prep for the debate in 8 or 9 days.

Biden finishes is prep and flies to Georgia that night for the debate.

Personally, I would be exhausted and definitely not at the top of my game. (I know there are some on this forum who believe they could have done all that and be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 9 pm on debate night; but that is part of the fantasy world they live in.)

I can very much empathize with the way Biden must have felt walking on to that stage.  He told his donors he almost fell asleep up there - which makes perfect sense to me.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 … gn-travel/

Took them a couple days, but seems they are rallying the troops to support Biden.  He was just tired.  Its tough being President, and he is well over 80 years old.

Good thing he was facing off against a guy almost as old as he is, and just as tired.  All the court cases and WWE wrestling matches Trump goes to I'm sure had him strung out as well.

Clearly their levels of ability to communicate and articulate their messages was on par with one another, any fool could see that.

--- Better stick with the 'Joe Biden might be senile, but he is a good guy and the other guy is a self-centered criminal' line they were peddling the other day, that at least kind of makes a valid argument.

Trying to pass off Biden as just too tired or having a cold... well that is a elephant sized pill you are asking most people to swallow.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-fRA5XcXSmY

I suppose you bounce back the next day, sharp as a tack after such a grueling schedule crossing multiple time zones in both directions. You must be superman.

I am not.

I would rather vote for Biden, who is normal, proven, competent and fit for the job than an idiot who lied 90% of the time in the debate and is a convicted felon, an adjudicated sexual predator, and is a total incompetent such as Trump is.

To each his own.

"Just as tired"????? ROFL. Your guy flew in from Florida where he has been  golfing and lounging around.  If THAT makes him tired, you are in trouble.

25. My Esoteric profile image82

I am looking at an interesting CNN/SSRS poll.  One can easily see why Biden is having issues with his numbers - progressives.

When asked about Biden's Job Approval, you have the guaranteed 89% of Conservatives and 93% of Republicans having unfavorable views (ironically, most elected Republicans in Congress go home and tout the bills he passed that brought money to their districts even though they voted against it - the very definition of hypocrites).

Moderates surprisingly (to me at least) break 40%/60% against Biden.  When you look at individual accomplishments of Biden, most Americans think they are great but don't, for some reason, want to give Biden credit for them. 

Independents less surprisingly, given their rightward tilt, come in at 30%/70%.

It is Democrats who are the real problem.  Of Democrats only 73% approve of what Biden has done while 27% disapprove.  Where is that 27% coming from?  The Liberal side. Fully 1/3 (36%) don't approve of Biden's job.

What does that mean for the election. It depends on how upset those disaffected Liberals really are.  Will they throw America under the bus with their peak about Biden, or will they help save America by voting for him?

26. My Esoteric profile image82

The British Labour Party (sort of like our Progressives) just CRUSHED their Conservative counterparts today. We should be so lucky.

They were helped a lot by the Reform Party (think MAGA) who split off a lot of Conservative votes.

While it appears the Labour Party has won enough seats to form their own government, they will be joined by the Liberal Democrats (sort of like our mainstream Democrats),  to form a solid left flank.

27. My Esoteric profile image82

Sorry, more poll analysis.  This is from the recent CNN/SRSS poll after the debate.  I am looking a "Favorability" rather than "Job Approval".  The bottom line is the public does not have a favorable view of either Trump or Biden, apparently in equal measure.  Examples of Favorable opinions:

Total: Biden 34; Trump 39. Not statistically different - barely.

Women: Biden 35; Trump 38. Given Trump's obvious misogyny, this surprises me.

People of Color: Biden 40%; Trump 27%. Not surprised at Trump's number but I thought Biden's would be higher.

18 - 35: Biden 25; Trump 31. Disappointing.

65+ : Biden 43; Trump 40.

College Graduate: Biden 43; Trump 27. Expected

White College Graduate: Biden 43; Trump 33.

Independents: Biden 26; Trump 31. That is a real problem for Biden.

Liberal: Biden 63%; Trump 10%. Progressives are killing Biden here. How could any Liberal have a favorable opinion of Trump?

Moderates: Biden 37%; Trump 30%. Biden "should" be doing better than that among Moderates.

Now, this poll was taken immediately after the debate.  I will be very interested to see what the next one says.

28. My Esoteric profile image82

This is another important result from the recent CNN/SRSS poll after the debate.  Here, I am looking important to vote:

Total: Extremely 66; Very 17.

Women: Extremely 65; Very 18.

People of Color: Extremely 57; Very 18. Dems need to focus on raising that number

18 - 34: Extremely 45; Very 20.

65+ : Extremely 77 Very 12.

College Graduate: Extremely 69; Very 14.

White College Graduate: Extremely 69; Very 14. White non-college graduates is 72/17, not good for Biden.

Independents: Extremely 53; Very 17.  Lower than either Democrats or Republicans

Liberal: Extremely 71; Very 15. Dems need to improve on this.

Moderates: Extremely 60; Very 17.

Conservative: Extremely 72; Very 17.

29. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 3 weeks ago

Keep in mind, Trump got three million fewer votes the first time; more than twice that the second time. Does anyone really think he is now gaining voters now that he is a convicted felon?

I certainly hope not, but brainwashing can do funny things.

30. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 3 weeks ago

Wow! Trump has finally shut up! He wants the spotlight on the President as long as the press is bad. Totally worth it.

LOL.

31. My Esoteric profile image82

Israel - Hamas deal back on.  If it goes through, it is only because of President Biden's, involvement.  You know, the guy who Republicans and now some Democrats say is incapable of tying his own shoelaces.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/04/politics … index.html

Yes another great triumph of the Biden Administration...

Failed to stop Russia in Ukraine

Failed to stop Israel from its unending slaughter

Failed to jail Trump

Failed to beat Trump in the debate

Failed to make the economy better

Failed to keep Saudi Arabia and the UAE trading oil in the Dollar

Failed to close the Border

Failed to unify the country, dividing it like never before

One thing the Biden Administration is good at is failing...

Its like watching Old Joe try to climb up stairs... difficult to watch. 
        Each moment wondering how badly he will stumble.

Just as bad as those so-called "failures", why didn't you include Biden failing to stop hurricane Beryl from forming? Why did Biden fail to stop Mt Etna from erupting?  Those are just as sensible as the examples you provided.  How about why Biden failed in assassinating Putin (which he can get away with now since he is immune from criminal prosecution)?

Plus, the statement that Biden has failed to make the economy better since Trump's disastrous final year in office is just the latest thing the far-right needs to lie to themselves about. 

And I'm trying to remember, when did Trump close the border?  Someone please remind me of when immigrants stop coming here and being allowed to claim asylum based on the laws of the country.

Good question which won't get answered by those who claim it is open.

What is ironic is that about the only Trump policy that Biden changed was he stopped ripping babies out of the arms of their mothers.  Beyond that he pretty much left the Trump program in place.  So, if they claim the Biden border policy is a failure, then in the same breath they are saying the Trump border policy was a failure ROFL.

2. Credence2 profile image78
            Credence2posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I don't know about you ESO, this Trumpism thing seems to have enveloped everything even within our own party.  We have Democrats wanting Biden to step, down and play right into the GOP hands. VP Harris simply does not have the experience to have the heft that Biden has had. Biden is the head of an administration of the Executive Branch, he has obviously selected professionals well to have an economy on such an upswing.

The Trumpers are trying to throw us all in disarray diverting attention to the fact that they want to have a career criminal as President.

People said Roosevelt was handicapped and could not be effective, but it is not all about that is it? It is about results.

This party is making a mistake by playing into MAGA hands. We have seen presidential candidates have bad days before. So, why do we allow 90 minutes to erase the accomplishment of 3 and one half years, patching up Trump's disastrous term?

MAGA would delight creating disarray and confusion within our ranks. Why do we allow ourselves to be duped by this?

We got a good man in there already and he cannot be easily replaced by a younger candidate just because he or she is younger. We need to be smarter than this...

What do you think?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)