What are the Great Things President Joe Biden Has Done While President

Jump to Last Post 501-511 of 511 discussions (7333 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 2 weeks ago

'Artificially inflated hatred?'

Pretty sure when the leader of the country lies about the dangers of a deadly pandemic, lies that lead to a loss of American lives that is estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands, there was nothing artificial about the anger that Americans feel towards Trump's leadership.

Maybe someday, his cult can acknowledge his errors in judgement during that time period to understand that, like his many crimes, his reelection failures were of his own doing.  Trump usually chooses the wrong path.  In 2016, he chose to cheat by using his business to violate campaign finance laws and his election chose to collude with Russia.  In 2020, he chose to lie and to put his own reelection interests ahead of the good of the country during a global health crisis.

Both men will have to run on their records and each man has flaws in that record.  America had problems at the end of both men's terms.  But both men will also have to run on their character.  To some Americans, character still matters.  And an adulterer, sexual assaulter, constant liar, and business fraudster just isn't someone many in America will ever trust to hold the presidency.  It's a sad state that so many will ignore those qualities in their preferred leader.

2. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 2 weeks ago

Damn, this must piss MAGA off to no end.  Biden has illegal immigration down 54% according to CBS from December highs in just 5 months!!!!  Boy, he is good.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Not difficult, was it?  Just declare that everyone is legal and Presto!  No more illegals!

3. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 weeks ago

Ah, the great things Biden has done.  Well, there is out of bounds inflation.  Food prices are steadily increasing.   It isn't getting any better folks.  In fact, it has gotten drastically worse.   Illegals are bombarding America-further exacerbating American infrastructures while simultaneously increasing the crime rates.   Did I mention Biden is creating debt for America by giving money which could be used to improve America?    Biden is creating an abysmal society for America.   Yeah, Biden is doing a ..........job!

1. My Esoteric profile image87
      My Esotericposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

"Well, there is out of bounds inflation.  " - FACT: Biden isn't responsible for inflation.  People who understand economics know that.

"Food prices are steadily increasing. " - FACT: Food prices (which is the same as your first point and therefore redundant) have been coming down as corporate greed learns people will revolt.

"In fact, it has gotten drastically worse." - FACT: Not true

" Illegals are bombarding America-further exacerbating American infrastructures while simultaneously increasing the crime rates. " - FACT: Illegal border crossings are down 54% from the December high and are probably lower than some of Trump's numbers now.  American crime rates have been decreasing under Biden.

" Did I mention Biden is creating debt for America by giving money which could be used to improve America? " - DID YOU mention that  Did I mention Trump is creating debt for America by giving money which could be used to improve America?  At least Biden got the bipartisan Infrastructure bill passed which Trump Promised but FAILED to deliver (among a whole lot of other things he failed at including being President)

"Biden is creating an abysmal society for America. " - IF BY ABYSMAL you mean lower crime and a better economy, then I agree.

FACT: Biden is the single biggest reason for our inflation, though there are several.  People that understand basic economics (lower supply while increasing demand = inflation) know that.

FACT: food prices are NOT coming down, but still rising.  The worst is "eating out food" but grocery stores are still going up as well.  Claiming differently will not change that.

FACT the rate of people crossing our southern border is NOT going down appreciably. That Biden does not call them "illegal" does not change that.

IF BY ABYSMAL I'm thinking she means sky high crime rates and a decreasing standard of living.  Both of which we are seeing.

Valeantposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

The first statement is not a fact at all, but a biased opinion.  Especially when you clearly state lower supply is part of the equation, and that lower supply happened well before Biden assumed the presidency.  Your own argument undermines your 'facts.'

If the crime rates are dropping, as the stats have been showing, that would mean the 'sky high rates' mentioned were created by someone else.

Americans tend to believe crime is up, even when official data shows it is down.  In 23 of 27 Gallup surveys conducted since 1993, at least 60% of U.S. adults have said there is more crime nationally than there was the year before, despite the downward trend in crime rates during most of that period.

Likely from the 'if it bleeds, it leads' mindset of the local and national media.

Like so much of the claptrap your government feeds us, crime figures are false to fact.  All it takes it to carefully choose just which type of crime will be reported and voila! - crime is dropping! 

As an example, explain, please, that shoplifting cases are dropping, as are the amounts stolen. 

Just like the inflation figures, they are carefully massaged to give the message government wants you to believe...and you swallow it whole without ever looking around you.

Valeantposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Oh, so anyone not supporting your own beliefs is a liar.  Yeah, that's about as MAGA as it gets in these days.

We have asked before, but you never answer - Exactly what policies did Biden implement between Feb 2021 and Jun 2021 that CAUSED supply to lower and demand to increase.  You say it is FACTUAL that he did - but you provide no evidence as usual.  POLICIES PLEASE.

You used the wrong FACTS about food prices. "Food Prices Stayed Flat in April; Groceries Actually Declined" - https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/fina … 6da5cfe624 (That is how you provide evidence, try it sometime, you might like it)

You really should gather (and present facts) before claiming them. "During the first 21 days of May, U.S. Border Patrol agents recorded a daily average of approximately 3,700 apprehensions of migrants between official ports of entry. That represents a 54% decrease from the 8,000 daily average in December, when illegal entries soared to a quarter of a million, an all-time high." - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigratio … me%20high. (Unfortunately, I suspect you will keep spreading Conservative myths about the border.)

Once again, you are DEVOID of evidence, this time with your Conservative MYTH that crime is, how did you say it, "sky high".  Behold - "Violent Crime Is Falling Nationwide — Here’s How We Know
          https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ … t,crime%20(down%204.3%20percent).

Preliminary FBI data, however imperfect, confirms a sharp downward trend in crime, undercutting attempts to blame criminal justice reform for pandemic-era spikes in violence."

You changed the argument again, we weren't talking about Standard of Living, were we? We were talking about Economic Growth.

Nevertheless, It looks like you failed on your last Non-Factual claim even using your new measure, that standard of living is going down.  At least according the Saint Louis Federal Reserve it isn't.  They say "One way to measure the improvement in the living standards of a country is by looking at the growth rate of its gross domestic product (GDP) per capita.1 This measure can be decomposed into:

The growth rate of GDP per hour worked (a measure of labor productivity)

The growth rate of the number of hours per capita (a measure of the extent of labor utilization)"

Well, if we look at American GDP per capita (which you like a lot) it shows nice growth, not decline that you claim as Fact. 

2019 - $65.5 K Trump
          2020 - $64.4 K Trump
          2021 - $71.0 K Biden
          2022 - $77.2 K Biden
          2023 - $81.6 K Biden

Why don't you use FACTS like these to prove your point?
          2024 - $85.4 K

Prevent people from working.  That reduces supply

Give trillions away to people.  That increases demand. 

I really am surprised that you don't know these simple facts.

Your so-called "facts" is nothing more than right-wing propaganda for which real facts will never penetrate.

The only odd thing is that I know that you know those simple facts about inflationary causes.  And I know you know that Biden was behind a lot of both.

What I don't understand is why you deny that reducing supply while increasing demand causes inflation, and why you deny that Biden did both with his closure of millions of jobs while actually increasing what people took home in many cases with "unemployment" (actually simply more welfare) that was way out of line with reality.  Coupled, of course, with a $T giveaway to people that never did lose a day's work.

"And I know you know that Biden was behind a lot of both." - AGAIN, once you provide me the policies that Biden put in place in the first four months of his presidency that drove either or both low supply accompanied by high demand, it will be clear to all you are just reposting Conservative myths.

Also, it would be nice if you stopped putting words in others mouths.  You CLAIM I deny "reducing supply while increasing demand causes inflation".  Well, I know you read well enough to know I never said that.

My extensive economic training taught me a variation of your absolute declaration of what (singular) causes inflation.  What I was trained to know is that "reducing supply while increasing demand is one of the causes inflation" - it is not the only one as you appear to imply.

So, are you trying to imply that the trillions of dollars from Trump's rescue plan and Biden's rescue plan went mostly to people who were still working? That is what "Coupled, of course, with a $T giveaway to people that never did lose a day's work." tells me you are trying to say.   -  IF SO, prove it, just don't say it.

2. wilderness profile image94

From the link you posted:  "Food prices have always been volatile — especially so during the pandemic. Thanks to a combination of inflation, supply-chain disruptions and tariffs on certain foreign imports, food prices have steadily risen since 2020.

Overall, prices are still higher than last year. But inflation has been slowing, and the latest data shows the cost of groceries, at least, isn’t rising as fast as it once was."

Tell me again about using links to prove what you say?

What do you care, you probably won't read them again and, if you do, say they are fake.

Except I DID read it didn't I?  And found that your "proof" that groceries were not inflating was untrue despite all your claims that it was a proven fact.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
                  Ken Burgessposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

So perhaps this is a good time to do a real rundown of what the Biden Administration has/is doing based on seriousness of the harm/impact it is/will have... how about a top 5:

1) WWIII - Russia has stated in recent announcements that it is at war with NATO/America.  Attacks from Ukraine now strike within Russia regularly, the latest was a series of missile strikes against ICBM Radar whose intent is to protect Russia from long range nuclear missile strikes... the radar is practically useless in the war against Ukraine... clearly Ukraine/NATO is choosing targets that will have no impact on the outcome of its war, unless the plans are for that war to be escalated.

2) BRICS - Driving our allies into China/Russia's arms.  In addition to destroying Germany's cheap energy source (greatly impacting their economy) we have pushed Russia and China into one another's arms, and then the Biden Administration alienated the UAE and Saudi Arabia so much they joined BRICS this past January. 

3) Open Borders - over ten million foreigners are now in America, many of them on some sort of Social Services, at a time when businesses are closing and hundreds of thousands are being laid off.

4) Inflation - Its the economy stupid.  The inflation from 2022 and 2023 doesn't go away.  That it has already creeped back up to 4% while interest rates are readying to go higher is because the Biden Administration is spending 1 Trillion (with a T) dollars more every 100 days than the country is taking in... and with the interest rates on the national debt rising, that threatens to collapse our economy and our banking system.

5) Then there is the funding of Iran, which is essentially the funding of Hamas, the Houthis and Hezbollah... which, as you may be aware, has helped cause some hostilities in the Middle East.  The Biden Administration rescinded all of Trump's sanctions, while at the same time, sending Iran billions of dollars repeatedly over the last 3.5 years... despite their hostilities.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
                    gmwilliamsposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

A blind person can see what Biden has done to this wonderful country.   Biden is the worst president ever.   Preach brother preach.  I understand.

As I said, IF you read them, you find fault with them if they disagree with your myth-driven or preconceived notions.

THANK YOU.

2. Ken Burgess profile image75

I think we need to put Biden back in office.

I'm serious... we need Biden's return.

Lets finish this, lets get our fall and failure over with.

So we can get about the business of doing away with all of this idiocy and flush out all that support it.

The Biden Administration's horrible foreign policy decisions have fueled the rise of the Taliban and instigated Russia's escalating aggression against Ukraine.

China continues to ramp up its aggression against Taiwan, Hong Kong, and the Uyghurs.

Iran continues to fund the Houthis, Hamas, and Hezbollah with the hundreds of billions the Biden Administration allowed to flow to it.

The Keystone XL pipeline would have created thousands of jobs, helped maintain the United States' global dominance, and transport oil from Canada, an ally and one of the world's cleanest oil producers, to U.S. refineries.

President Biden has allowed in more foreigners illegally into America than the total population of 32 different States.

A result of the Biden Administration reversing President Trump's successful border security and immigration policies and joining the UN Compact on Migration.

As a bonus to having open borders fentanyl overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18-45.

Thanks to Democrats' and Soros funded AGs discontent for the rule of law, violent crimes are increasing and implemented anti-law enforcement policies incentivize malicious behavior and let criminals back into their communities.

The Fraternal Order of Police reports that in 2021, there were 346 officers shot in the line of duty, 63 of these officers died from their wounds. There were also 103 ambush-style attacks on law enforcement officers, a 115% increase from 2020 which was up 76% from 2019.

And don't forget how the Biden Administration's vaccine and masking mandates and extended lockdowns made our lives so much better.

Lets give the Biden Administration another 4 years to 'finish the job'... maybe America really does need a 'Great Reset'.

Just not the one that is planned:
      https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin … democracy/

Now we agree on something - Biden does need to get re-elected.

"The Biden Administration's horrible foreign policy decisions ..." - NonFactual, e.g. fabricated.  If anybody is responsible for the rise of the Taliban, it is Bush, Obama, and cemented by Trump.

"China continues to ramp up its aggression against Taiwan ..." - YOU are pretending Biden is God again.  Only Trump has made that claim.

"Iran continues to fund the Houthis, Hamas, and Hezbollah with the hundreds of billions the Biden Administration allowed to flow to it." - Once again non-FACTUAL.

"A result of the Biden Administration reversing President Trump's successful border security and immigration policies and joining the UN Compact on Migration." - non-FACTUAL. Actually, Biden kept in place virtually all of Trump's border policies.  You may be pissed off that he DID stop ripping babies from mother's arms, but for the most part, they are the same policies.  As to the UN thing.  That tells me you oppose the effort to "manage international migration in a comprehensive way. " and "facilitating safe and orderly migration, while reducing the negative effects of irregular migration."   That is interesting that you are against that.

"As a bonus to having open borders fentanyl overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18-45." - SHOULD read "As a bonus to Conservatives encouraging open borders by lying about Biden's policies, fentanyl overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18-45."

"Thanks to Democrats' and Soros funded AGs discontent ..." - non-FACTUAL

The FOP needs a forum on its own to fully lay out the facts.

"And don't forget how the Biden Administration's vaccine " - Again non-FACTUAL..  The TRUTH is Biden didn't extend the lockdowns, they were already over allowing thousands more to die. Where masking was allowed, it SAVED thousands of lives, however because of his masking mandates.  What is Ironic is that the only people who suffered from ignoring masking and vaccines were Conservatives.  I bet enough of them who effectively committed suicide impacted or will negatively impact an election or two in swing states.

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal?

You say its not factual, so its not factual?

You have about as many facts supporting your comments as a goldfish has feathers.

1. gmwilliams profile image84

+1000000000000000, thank you Ken.

4. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 8 days ago

Biden keeps on delivering - another, in a string, of good jobs reports.  If the economy is as bad as the right-wing says it is, why do employers keep hiring at record numbers?  Because they know the economy is good and worth investing in.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ … index.html

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 8 days agoin reply to this

A glimmer of hope, change of a trend over several months?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yahoo-ne … 23583.html

My Esotericposted 8 days agoin reply to this

Thanks, I like parsing graphs.

1st Graph of Biden v Trump:  I was surprised to see that Biden led Trump for most of the 2 years the graph covers. It looks like the negative effect of Biden's botched withdrawal from Afghanistan had receded by the beginning of this chart. Inflation kicked in in a meaningful way in July 2023,  That is when Biden's numbers dropped, but not by as much as you would expect - only 47% down to 43% of the electorate picking him (Trump went from 41% to 44% in the same period).  Biden remained flat at 44% until March 2024 and has been ticking up in April and May.

The 2nd Chart is rather interesting and totally opposite of what the Trump cult believes to be true.  For sake of comparison, I will split the undecided/not sure 50/50 between Dems and Reps.

First we see that a solid majority (60%) of Americans believe the jury got the right verdict that Trump was Guilty.

Next, 62% (a majority) of Independents feel the same way.  THAT is very telling.  Then we see that 6.5% of Democrats thought Trump was not guilty; compare that to the 19.5% of Republicans felt Trump was guilty. (That should worry Trump.)

Finally, of those who say they will vote for Biden, only 3.5% say Trump was not guilty.  Compare that to the 12% of Republicans who say they will vote for Trump that think he is guilty - BUT WILL VOTE FOR HIM ANYWAY - sad.

5. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 3 days ago

WELL DONE JOE!!!

Inflation comes in only 0.75% above the Fed target rate of 2% at 2.75% for the CPE,

https://thehill.com/business/4717516-co … inflation/

wildernessposted 3 days agoin reply to this

Only 37% over target.  Good indeed for Biden!

Ken Burgessposted 3 days agoin reply to this

Wait for the numbers to be adjusted to 6% inflation... after the election of course.

That's been the trend during the last couple of years... report good numbers, then revise them to the truth months later.

Yeah, I know.  There hasn't been an honest inflation figure put out for years now.  Every since it began growing with the new administration, as a matter of fact.

1. peoplepower73 profile image88
            peoplepower73posted 3 days agoin reply to this

If Trump was president and had the same numbers, it would be wonderful, the  greatest thing in the history of mankind.

My Esotericposted 3 days agoin reply to this

You will get crickets on that one.

By your measure, there has never been an honest inflation number put out, not a single one, ever.

Prove it.

Oh, brother, lol.

2. wilderness profile image94

How odd!  The news tonight, over several programs, reported over and over that inflation was 3.3%.  And yet you continue to believe the lying government as it continues to give a false but rosy picture of what we are going through.

That is because your news media is reporting the CPI.  That means you obviously haven't been reading the words put in front of you.  To repeat myself.

I recently discovered there are two widely accepted measures used by economists and the Fed to track inflation.  There is the well known CPI (consumer price index) which measures the cost of goods of a basket of goods over time, it turns out the Fed doesn't use that one but watches it.

The other is the PCE (personal consumption expenditures price index).  The Fed uses this measure because The PCE is considered the Fed's favorite measure because it takes into account changes in consumer behavior, such as when people choose cheaper options over more expensive ones.

It is the PCE which the Fed want to maintain at 2% and is now at 2.75%.  You say that is 37.5% higher than the baseline as if that were a bad thing.  But, in reality, it is outstanding because a year or so ago it was standing at 4,500%

BTW, the CPI runs about 1 percentage point higher, on average, than the PCE.

wildernessposted 2 days agoin reply to this

From your post:

"Inflation comes in only 0.75% above the Fed target rate of 2% at 2.75% for the CPE,"

Hard to tell just what you meant as your post is an obvious typo.  Either CPI (wrong letter) or PCE (swapped letters).  Sorry if I guessed at the wrong one.

I would say the PCE is preferred by the fed for a far more simple reason: it produces a lower figure that can then be used to lie to the people, making them believe the inflation is far lower than it is.  Your own post is an example: "Inflation comes in...". 

This kind of behavior (using different statistics, without explanation) in order to produce a belief that is false to fact, is becoming more and more common.  Being common, though, doesn't change that it is a lie - an effort to convince someone that a falsehood is true.

Ken Burgessposted 2 days agoin reply to this

I've tried to explain how damaging the Biden Administration has been for America... and without doubt it will go down in history as the worst of all up to this time...

But it is not easy to convey the web of information and why/how this Administration's efforts have done so much permanent harm to America and its future.

This video however, puts it together fairly well, and deals with events of the last few days... and strikes home how damaging Biden has been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEKs94uRTE

1. tsmog profile image83
              tsmogposted 2 days agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link, Ken! Interesting, informative, and thankfully not an hour or more said with jest. There was enough information to heed what you have been sharing from months now. That goes back to the a previous post where I stated, "At least one knows where or how to invest." Maybe not put all the eggs in one basket, but definitely consider some 'new' baskets of of a different color than traditional.

Ken Burgessposted 2 days agoin reply to this

Yes, nice and short, but what is in those first 10 minutes is straight to the point and gives a nice, up to the moment picture of just how bad Biden has been for us.

The Biden Administration weaponized the dollar against those it chose to make our enemies, this put the world on notice that the dollar is no longer safe, as it will be used as a weapon or stolen from them.

The Biden Administration has weaponized the Justice System against its political opponents, big and small, while Trump's court cases and absurd rulings dominate the news cycle, plenty of others who stood for what they believed was right/lawful have now been imprisoned, had their licenses stripped from them, etc.

The Agencies that were meant to control the borders and protect American citizens have been turned into caretakers for immigrants, processing them into the country and acting as a taxi service for them.

The Biden Administration steals Trillions from America's citizens by 'spending' trillions more than it takes in every year, knowingly destabilizing the dollar with its spending sprees, while at the same time alienating the rest of the world into abandoning the Dollar as its reserve currency.

Its going to take some brilliant minds to sit down and write a series of books on how one administration in less than 4 years was more detrimental and did more harm to America that the dozen Administrations that came before it, all combined.

My Esotericposted 2 days agoin reply to this

I can't help it if you think economists are stupid and don't know what they are talking about, but, of course, you are free to do so.

Valeantposted 2 days agoin reply to this

Just another example of certain far-right members of this forum speaking without understanding the basics of the topic being discussed.  We see it all too often in here.

Ken Burgessposted 43 hours agoin reply to this

Please tell me, what does it mean to the American economy when:

1- Countries that used to buy up Trillions of dollars of our debt are no longer willing to do so, IE:

China, Japan share of US bond market shrinks to record low
              https://www.reuters.com/markets/china-j … 023-08-23/

2- The World's Largest holders of Oil Reserves REFUSE to trade Oil in the Dollar IE:

Saudi Arabia Just DITCHED The US Dollar.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WGVM2QHNvE

UAE stops using U.S. dollars for oil trades
              https://www.businessnorth.com/news_from … 2efef.html

Here is the harsh reality, from a not so wise non-economist like myself...
              The Biden Administration has presided over the Death of America...
              It really is that simple.

The decisions made by the Biden Administration have destroyed our ability to avoid a DEPRESSION... not a recession... rather, a complete collapse of our economic system.  And we might not make it to November 2024 before it gives way... they are only spending 1 Trillion dollars of Debt every 100 days, that is a pretty good sign we are at the end of the road.

And the rest of the world recognizes it and they are bailing on America... on the Biden Administration... as fast as possible.

136 countries and territories have now confirmed their participation in SPIEF 2024
              https://forumspb.com/en/news/news/136-s … u-vremeni/

BRICS Foreign Ministers Back Russia’s 2024 Chairmanship, Vow to Strengthen Cooperation
              https://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2024/06/ … operation/

There has never been a time in the last 100 years where America needed a change in leadership more than it does now.

1. tsmog profile image83
                tsmogposted 43 hours agoin reply to this

"Please tell me, what does it mean to the American economy when:"

" . . . from a not so wise non-economist like myself..."

With humor . . . you first. The water is too deep for me.

Ken Burgessposted 42 hours agoin reply to this

Deep... yup... like I say the incredible levels of arrogance combined with the unfathomable amount of ignorance that dominates the current Administration  makes it hard for me to believe its not a deliberate effort to destroy America.

What makes you choose war with Russia over negotiations?

Especially after a global pandemic when our economy is on shaky legs.

What insanity makes you insult and then threaten Saudi Arabia?

Why did we choose to release hundreds of billions to Iran (Saudi's enemy at that time, never mind Israel) and the Houthis?

If you want Americans to feel pain... to suffer economic hardships for many years to come... you make all the decisions the Biden Administration has made the last 3.6 years, and you spend money like there is no tomorrow.

My Esotericposted 32 hours agoin reply to this

"What makes you choose war with Russia over negotiations?" - WHEN Russia refuses to negotiate in good faith, that is when.  Is your solution to surrender to the Russians?

"Spend money like there is no tomorrow" - You know that is Trump you are referring to.

2. Willowarbor profile image61
                Willowarborposted 42 hours agoin reply to this

"China, Japan share of US bond market shrinks to record low"

From the source cited:

"What if Japan or China intervened in the foreign exchange market to sell dollars and support their currencies and liquidated U.S. Treasuries in the process - and the sky didn't fall down?

It would be a scenario hard to imagine even 10 years ago, but it's more plausible now because the world's top two holders of U.S. debt no longer pack the Treasury market punch they once did - either individually or even together."

"The Japanese and Chinese central banks' combined footprint in the world's largest, deepest and most liquid government bond market is now its lowest on record, at least since comparable data began being collected in the late 1990s."

"To be sure, Japan and China are still forces to be reckoned with.

"But they don't bestride the Treasuries market like they once did, nor does the threat of them selling strike the same fear into bond investors, global markets at large, and even policymakers in Washington."

Countries that used to buy up Trillions of dollars of our debt are no longer willing to do so?

The citation in your post doesn't seem to think it's really a huge issue.

Although thereay be  worries about China selling off U.S. debt, which would hamper economic growth, doing so in large amounts poses risks for China as well, making it unlikely to happen.

gmwilliamsposted 40 hours agoin reply to this

EXACTLY.

4. My Esoteric profile image87
                My Esotericposted 32 hours agoin reply to this

Let's put your so-called facts to the test:

1. In 2024, $8 trillion of American debt was held by other nations.
                    In 2023, $7.4 trillion of American debt was held by other nations.
                    Question - Which number is larger, the 2024 $8 trillion or the 2023 $7.4 trillion.
                    Question - which foreign nations hold the most debt?  Would you believe JAPAN and CHINA?
                   Now, a little mathematics for you.  Since the amount of debt held by other grew, and the percentage of debt held by Japan and China shrank, tell me what happened. Was it a) other nations didn't buy more debt while Japan and China sold off some of theirs OR b) other nations bought MORE DEBT than Japan and China sold.  Is it a) or b)?

https://usafacts.org/articles/which-cou … t-us-debt/
                https://www.statista.com/statistics/246 … lic%20debt

2. Would you be pointing out such things if Trump were president - I don't think so. Anyway, this seems to be case of the "sky-is-falling".
                https://www.jpmorgan.com/insights/globa … larization

6. Willowarbor profile image61
    Willowarborposted 3 days ago

The World Bank upgraded its outlook for the global economy and said the “impressive” U.S. economy is powering the world.

The latest outlook estimates the global economy will expand 2.6 percent, an increase from the 2.4 percent growth predicted for the year.

https://thehill.com/business/4715951-wo … the-world/

7. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 2 days ago

JOE keeps showing the world how much of the Conservative partisan hate campaign against him is just hot air filled with lies and smoke and mirrors.  In other words - BS.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/13/politics … index.html

8. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 2 days ago

Wholesale inflation down in May.  Keep the good news rolling JOE!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/13/economy/ … index.html

9. Eileen Hughes profile image63
    Eileen Hughesposted 45 hours ago

so who really thinks trump that acts like an idiot can win

My Esotericposted 44 hours agoin reply to this

I certainly don't.

Credence2posted 41 hours agoin reply to this

I know that too, but how can so stupid a man, with criminal convictions and a lackluster record while President attract so much support?

The great replacement theory and the ultimate fear of loss of white supremacy that has always been a fundamental part of this society would drive the Right and its sympathizers  to support a dictatorial tyrant in exchange for that dubious benefit. That is what is really driving this, but of course they would never admit it.

I guess they would support a pig rather than have a perceived threat to their desired status quo, and the Pollyanna society that they are desperate to cling to......

That is what I think, anyway.
        ----------
        BTW, is Agent Orange trying to scuttle the upcoming debates ahead of time?

Check this out?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump … 40769.html

Ken Burgessposted 39 hours agoin reply to this

That, speaking on behalf of myself and those I often converse with of like mind, is a load of baloney without the macaroni.

Furthermore, here is an example of someone that presents many of the same arguments I make:

Joe Biden Says If He Becomes Tyrannical There's Nothing You Can Do About It, AR-15s Would Be Useless
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQos-Q2Tym4

Is my support for that perspective based on race, do you think?

I don't care about race... great people and stupid people come in all races and either sex.

But we have an Administration now that is trying to create a system that is trying to base itself on race... that is what Equity, CRT, etc. etc. is all about filling quotas and forcing pronouns on people.

That all seems meaningless, a distraction, when we are all getting poorer... when the dollar is worth less and less... when they are taking away your ability to express your opinions.

1. tsmog profile image83
            tsmogposted 37 hours agoin reply to this

I'm in a weird mood today, so forgive me . . .

"is a load of baloney without the macaroni."

Reminds me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon with his fascination and love for spaghetti with cut up hot dogs.

My Esotericposted 31 hours agoin reply to this

"The great replacement theory and the ultimate fear of loss of white supremacy that has always been a fundamental part of this society would drive the Right and its sympathizers  to support a dictatorial tyrant in exchange for that dubious benefit. " - You know this would not be the first time in history that happened.

It happened in:

Soviet Union - 1917

Italy - 1922

Germany - 1933

Spain - 1939

China - 1949

Egypt - 1952

Chile - 1973

Argentina - 1976

America - Nov 8, 2024 if Trump wins.

Credence2posted 22 hours agoin reply to this

It is the same old song. We, here in America, like to boast that it could not happen here. Well, here we are as there are quite a few people that can not live without controlling others.

I should correct myself, the other forces that want Trump are the affluent corporate types, that want no regulation and no taxation. Toward that end, they will be more than happy to have a inept fool as figurehead.

https://www.salon.com/2024/06/14/could- … ring-talk/

Ken Burgessposted 18 hours agoin reply to this

None of that will matter will it... if this Administration keeps marching us to war:

General Vladimir Kulishov of Russia's FSB has accused NATO of preparing for potential nuclear strikes on Russia
              https://military.news/russian-fsb-chief … r-strikes/

Russian Official Floats New NATO Target for Nuclear Strike
              https://www.newsweek.com/russian-offici … ds-1908346

Do we really want the guy who refuses to negotiate or even talk to Putin to continue to walk us into our mutual destruction?

What do you think of Biden signing a new agreement with (former) President Zelensky committing the United States to financially supporting Ukraine for the next 10 years?

... I wonder how much money can be laundered...

Credence2posted 17 hours agoin reply to this

It has been well over 2 years since Russia invaded the Ukraine, Ken and the sky has yet to fall regarding this war you keep talking about.

But, of course, Donald Trump can get it all settle within 24 hours?

As for the agreement with Zelensky, I don't feel comfortable getting tied down in that way in actuality. But, I think that Putin is aware of the implications of a nuclear holocaust and is not in a hurry to see it come to pass.

2. Valeant profile image87
                Valeantposted 17 hours agoin reply to this

Always with the fearmongering.  The idea of mutually assured destruction has been around for a while now.  It's a deterrent for a reason.

3. My Esoteric profile image87
                My Esotericposted 16 hours agoin reply to this

What was the story about Chicken Little?

10. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 36 hours ago

All I know is that Trump had better show his sorry ass up at debate time. And, he had better be prepared because I want answers and not his usual crock.

My Esotericposted 31 hours agoin reply to this

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't chicken out.  If he does, they should continue the debate with just Biden there answering questions.

Credence2posted 22 hours agoin reply to this

Thank you, ESO. The fact that he would chicken out has to influence the opinion of moderate and independent voters as to whether to take Trump seriously.

I appreciate your style of standing up for what so many of us already know and for not mincing words toward that end.

Ken Burgessposted 18 hours agoin reply to this

I would love that... all that time for Biden to mumble and stumble around.

Credence2posted 17 hours agoin reply to this

I would love it even more as it would reveal Trump as a cowardly fool for not showing up. There will be a price to pay at the polls against Trump and MAGA by discerning people.

My Esotericposted 16 hours agoin reply to this

A standard Conservative trope as usual that has no bearing in reality.

11. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 8 hours ago

Let's not let the "Milwaukee is horrible"  flub up pass by so easily.

Republicans are scrambling, bringing out their best damage control personnel to spin what was said by Donald Trump recently. But can there by a more futile endeavor than the attempt to bridle Trumps's tongue?

Nobody asked Republicans nor compelled them to select Milwaukee as its convention city. If it was to be considered crime ridden in a negative light, why not have the convention elsewhere?

Trump in his comment displayed his iconic lack of graciousness and lack of self control. Just the kind of thing we need from a "Commander and Chief"

Republican apologists said that even though Trump admitted to the comments they was taken out of context, really?

What are they saying? That Milwaukee does have a high crime rate. Most larger cities do, and as Milwaukee is the largest city in the state the rate will probably exceed that of Madison, for example. But that rate has fallen in the last two years so in graciousness to your host, he could have accentuated the positive or at a minimum just kept his mouth shut. Again, if that were a problem the GOP could have had its convention elsewhere.

Second, the Republicans are claiming the city is "horrible" because of voter fraud. More stupid rightwing conspiracy theories that they have never proven and has been shown time and time again over 4 years to not hold water.

Third, I believe Trump attacked Milwaukee as the source of his 2020 loss of the Electoral votes in Wisconsin. The tendency for large cities to be ethnically diverse and cosmopolitan produced enough democratic votes to overwhelm the rural ones in other parts of the state. That reality is what he wants to call "voter fraud" and is the source of his resentment and rude comments.

I can only hope that he takes his unhinged and non scripted nature on to the debate lecturn in 2 weeks. There will be no prep people or assistance allowed, not even anyone to freshen his makeup. His lack self control and decorum will be evident before an entire TV audience, he will soil himself and there will be no place to hide.

My Esotericposted 8 hours agoin reply to this

Didn't Trump show the RNC the back of his hand for picking such a decrepit city?  He must think Republicans are pretty incompetent by now. Or, maybe it is that he just isn't capable of rational thoughts in his mentally ill mind.

Also, bear in mind that there will be no live audience to feed off of.  He will feel absolutely naked when there is no rapture to boost his spirits.

Neither Trapper nor Bash have been overly harsh on Trump, just doing fair reporting of what he says and does.  Also, neither have been particularly kind to Biden.

Here are the rules, one in particular is going to really piss Trump off:

The 90-minute debate will include two commercial breaks, according to the network, and campaign staff may not interact with their candidate during that time. (nobody can cool Trump down)

Both candidates agreed to appear at a uniform podium, and their podium positions will be determined by a coin flip.

Microphones will be muted throughout the debate except for the candidate whose turn it is to speak. While no props or pre-written notes will be allowed on the stage, candidates will be given a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)