Jesus is Coming Back Are you Ready?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (385 posts)
  1. spiderpam profile image75
    spiderpamposted 15 years ago

God loves all of us, he just doesn't accept/condone sinful, deviant behavior from any of us. Just because he loves us doesn't mean he's going to overlook our sinful choices/behaviors(lying, stealing, homosexuality, sexual impurity,etc.) . So many think God should only love us & never correct us but like any parent, he will hold us accountable for what we do & mete out punishment when/where it's appropriate. People are silly thinking he's not their God if he shows anything other than love - we make the choices so we reap the consequences, plain & simple. We'd never learn a thing in our lives if he didn't hold us accountable for our choices here. If he didn't do so, his whole purpose in sending us here would count for nothing. We all sin, We all make bad choices, but it's never too late until it's too late. Come Back to Jesus he forgives and saves. PS To my fellow Christians please don't be afraid to show your faith and stand up for what's right. Because if you don't acknowledge God here on earth he won't acknowledge you on Judgement Day. There only one path to Haven. Choose.

PS I hope that whoever reads this understands the difference between being judgemental and spreading to word of God. I love everyone just as God loves us. Everyone one sins. Everyone including me no one is perfect, but we all must acknowledge our sin and seek the Lord and be forgiven

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

"the difference between being judgmental and spreading the word of God"? (poor spelling fixed)

Nope - not seeing any difference whatsoever.

I hope you understand how many people you are turning away from the lord by pushing this judgmental crap.

Thank you for reminding me why I despise religionists.

I suggest you look up the word "unconditional" wink

spiderpamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

May I suggest the book of Revelations.

You can suggest all you like. May I respectfully suggest that the opinions spouted in your book of fairy tales are of no interest to me and your judgmental rubbish just makes me despise people like you even more than I already do. Oh that is right - these are not your opinions - they are just what your god say lol

Thank you for reminding me that the christian religion is hate-filled garbage.

ciao.

My words mean nothing only the word of God ie. Bible quotes will defeat evil in the final battle.

PS. What do I have to lose if I'm wrong, what do you have to lose if I'm right?
            Much Love to u

2. Everyday Miracles profile image86
        Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh, I agree with Mark! Who would have known *that* would happen in the religion forum!

I come from the "other side." I know what it is to be judged. I know how much it hurts and how angry it makes a person. And I know that no souls are won in that kind of a war. It was people who judged in this manner that kept me away from finding God in the first place!

I am a Bible believer. Moreover, I try to live in the way that Christ did. He *did not judge* as many of his followers do today. I try to love all people unconditionally (emphasis on "try") regardless of what I perceive their "sin" to be. I understand that I am not going to point out the speck in my brother's eye rather than paying attention to the log in my own.

I am rather, therefore, focused on my own sin and on improving myself than on improving other people. I honestly feel that if we all spent more time focusing on making ourselves better people, the world would be so much better off and significantly happier!

1. Jewels profile image84
          Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

3. newwoman54 profile image60
        newwoman54posted 15 years agoin reply to this
        1. newwoman54 profile image60
          newwoman54posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Spiderpam for your words about our God, and his son, our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I was sorry to read some of the comments from others. The fact that they deny anything to do with God does not change the fact that He is real. If these people would read the Bible, they would learn the truth, but they do not want to be accountable to anyone.

I am accountable to myself thank you. Not you - or your imaginary friend. If you just understood a little about how judgmental and hypocritical you sound - perhaps you would understand why people despise you so.

Keep on saying that you have a god in the sky who judges you base don whether you pretend to be loving when really spreading hatred will not make it come true.

I am truly sorry you are so offensive and judgmental. He is real lol Not a hope in hell. lol

And I have read the bible. It warns about people like you, casting stones when they are not without sin. Judge not lest ye be judged. Doesn't apply to you though? wink

Hypocrite.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image63
            Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ok, What does God look like and when did you see him last and how old is he?  Does he have red hari, white hair, blue hair, black hair.  Does he have a beard or mustach.  How tall is he and can you touch him?

They are accountable to themselves and do not blame anything on somne other person place or thing.  How abnout you.  Who do you blame the wrong in your lives on?

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
              GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I love you, m'Lady G.

3. gamergirl profile image90
            gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't need the Bible to teach me how to behave.  I learned right and wrong through pain and joy, through lessons from my Parents (both of whom are Wiccan, by the way) and through living life itself.

I don't need God to be held accountable for my actions, but if you feel you do, that's your prerogative.  As for myself, I am held accountable by my friends, my peers, and my own sense of right and wrong.  smile

1. earnestshub profile image71
              earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree with gamegirl and might ad that most of us who disagree have read the bible and many are past students of religion. Your ignorance of life would be better kept to yourself, rather than displaying it with such prejudicial and unsupportable nonsense.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image63

You rock!!  Yes, I have been there done that and I still use the Bible.......BUT not to condemn others who haven't or who live life in different curcumstances or who have experienced GOD (Creator and us as Co-dreator) in different ways.  Jesus never said to ram HIS miracles and words down other's throats.  HE never said to convert anyone nor get them to go to church.  Now if you want to really understand go get the DVD The History Of God and also Angels:  Good or Evil and learn about that which you are reading---The Bible.
                Paul, which wrote some of the New Testament saw Jesus in a Vision--that my be true.  He was also (or we are told) that he wanted to convert others and it (I believe) was a selfish act on his part.  Now you can also read my hub about Peter and Paul and who really is the cornerstone of the Church that was Supposed to have been and not what we have today.  Paul THOUGHT that if he converted enough people that Jesus would come back--only he saw that vision after Jesus did come back and he didn't see him.  So converting others became his OBSESSION and has nothing to do with Jesus coming back at all.  Jesus simply told his followers to go and tell everyone about his works and that we will do more than he ever was able too.  Do you think that Jesus could read and what was he reading if you think that he could?
                If you don't believe me then search your heart and other materials and books.  BTW, why do you think the Roman's burned the Library of Alexandria----what has the Church told you about that----or have they?  The church will not tell you the full story--and you can take that to the bank!

Such great truths from you lot. Man was not meant to speak of the Creator to other men. For I'm pretty sure an all knowing being would readily realized his corrupt offspring would use it for all the wrong ideas.

Sincerely,

G|M

Brainwashing at it's finest!  Now what does all that have to do with your topic post?

Read your Bible for yourself and think of what you are reading.  Hun, Jesus already came and they did not recognize him and the story ends there.  Then you have John's testamony (Revelations) of the war that is to come.  If you put two and two together Jesus was doing what he said that he would and he said IT IS DONE........meaning finished already ...not going to finish.

3. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I really don't think any of us is.

4. profile image58
      Hell N0posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You know, I agreed with eveything you had to say up until the "it's never too late until it's too late".  So, you don't believe that judgment has any value?  Is there purpose?  I say yes.  It's you that doesn't believe this.  Go to bible-truths.com.

5. mohamedhmm profile image59
      mohamedhmmposted 15 years agoin reply to this

the lord Jesus is a great teacher like the lord moses, and the lord Muhammad; all of them came from God to learn us the way of life.
      may be talking about the lord- lord doesn't mean God it's English word equal the word master or  MR. for respect-  Jesus is special issue because many christian believe in him same as God; But Muslims who have the last message from God  after 600 years from Jesus in their holy book state that the lord Jesus is just a man, and his life and death just test from God; and that's the reason Muslims believe in Jesus as prophet  same like the prophet of Islam-Muhammad- and others prophets all same in respect as all of then were great teachers from God for us; but who will follow them?
      yes God love us; but, are we really love God same as He love us, and really we feel inside ourselves that we are doing good with God as He want us to do in this life?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I suppose this is why the Koran and Bible say "Faith" and neither should we make arguments (not that you are)as if we are God and can read someone else's heart when at times we cannot even read our owns.

For whatever this may mean to anyone who cares to think... God is the Holy Spirit... The invisible Spirit... So however God manifest is for God to chose and Jesus may have been a prophet equal to the others but in Jesus it is said the the full Spirit which is God was in Him and they were indeed One, neither equal or liken to each other but the One is One body at that time.

I do think that there are some who bow down to pictures of the Lord Jesus but given the fact, which I don't think are disputable) that some people need for God to manifest and it so happened in the body of Jesus.

While a man, no Jesus was not equal to God because they were seperate... to begot Himself is not that Jesus made Him, but because God made Him for His purpose and it is for the gentiles.  Jesus himself did not learn to himself but God Himself was learned unto Himself and to be a son, is in the flesh.

Some prophets are given revelations, other the holy spirit to understand, others were given works etc... so with all so many things, how can I say to Islam you are wrong and how can Islam say to a Christian, you are wrong and follow me.

So you see, what good is faith if it rejects one and accepts another and when God has chosen in which body He will dwell for sometime, why reject this as this line repeats itself through the people written in the books many times.

Surah Al- Baqarah
        61 half way in the paragaph.

They were convered with humiliations and misery: they drew on themselves the wrath of Allah.  This because they went on rejecting the Signs of Allah and slaying His Messengers without just cause.  This because they rebelled and went on transgressing.

62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an) and those who follow the Jewish (scripture), and the Christians and the Sabians, and who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

So it seems we always ask and then when the signs are delivered they are rejected because of the belief (not only in Islam) but also Christendoms, Jewish... will not all see what God has done and it is written there in the Bible and also the Qur'an.

Anyways, I am just rambling now.  Just had some thoughts about it.  I think there is only confusion for the minds capability for understanding some of Allah's finer mysteries because we want so much to prove our worth and never stray from Him, nonetheless... instead of listening to those God had informed and made Messengers we deny them by fear and what fear should we have but only the fear of unbelief... best a person fear God and ask for Mercy then continue on paths of destruction... Let it be between man and His God, whom we also call Lord and Teacher because there isn't any other true guidance that we can receive other than from God.

Some say it was Abraham, others say Moses, yet other say Jesus and other say Mohammad.  Yes they are equal in their flesh but in the Spirit which truly is Allah the Unseen and True Allah...

Anyways, I am just saying believe in all things and man chooses by his own understanding but God knows everything.

6. Choke Frantic profile image58
      Choke Franticposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I don't think I'm prepared for the second coming of Jesus! I've been reading Revelations and am attending a 2-day convention on it tomorrow, and quite frankly, it scares the crap out of me! I hope to get some answers cleared up tomorrow though.

And I understand what you mean about the judgemental thing. Its just like saying chocolate is made from cocoa - fact is fact and there's nothing you can change it. Nobody should feel like this is a personal attack at all.

Judgmental is what religion does best. Read the homophobic crap before you post, or do you think homophobia is ok?

7. lowlycook profile image59
      lowlycookposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I understand you perfectly. The Word should be spread around the world. The Internet is put by God there primarily to be used for His purposes. Like the TV. When it was first invented, guess who first appeared on air around the world? Billy Graham.

Just because someone shares the Word, doesn't mean its judgment or condemnation. The Word is like a treasure, says the bible. When you share gold nuggets to people, you're not judging them. You're blessing them so they'd get wealthy.

Yes, but that is not how those who call themselves Christians who use threats to get their way are spreading it.

God is a part of us all and we are just as much a part of THEM.  We can never be anything but a part of THEM.  Now who are THEM?  Are they brothers and sisters, Mother and Father, aliens that planted us here for their own experiment......  Is one good and the other self consumed with inflicting pain and loves to watch said things?  Are we just pawns in THEIR games?  Was all this made up as an Aesop's Fable to keep children in line?

8. THE SOUR MAN profile image59
      THE SOUR MANposted 15 years agoin reply to this

what exactly do you mean by sexual impurity?Making love without showering first?

9. Eng.M profile image64
      Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I saw him in Family Guy episode today

2. imadork profile image69
    imadorkposted 15 years ago

I don't know man.  I just don't get the whole "Spread the Word" thing.  It disturbs me.  I think if people want to know about God and religion they will seek it out.  And the people that are already into God don't really need reminding of His love.

So this unsolicited "reminder" is unnecessary.  Also, why throw in the homosexual thing.  That is just being disrespectful.

1. JamaGenee profile image77
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I suspect a lot of people who're sure they're following "God's word" are going to be very surprised when they get to heaven and find out what God *really* thinks.

Sorry, but "God's word" comes from books written by mere mortals. No way did they not include some of their own twisted views on life that *didn't* come from God.

1. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Be prepared SpiderPam they are coming. big_smile Where is Mark he should be here anytime.:smile

2. spiderpam profile image75

Romans 1:22-24 (New International Version)
        22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

1. imadork profile image69
          imadorkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And I'm loving every minute of it!

Revelations 21 1-8
            21:1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth are passed away; and the sea is no more. 21:2And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven of God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 21:3And I heard a great voice out of the throne saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he shall dwell with them, and they shall be his peoples, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God: 21:4and he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more; neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more: the first things are passed away. 21:5And he that sitteth on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he saith, Write: for these words are faithful and true. 21:6And he said unto me, They are come to pass. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 21:7He that overcometh shall inherit these things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 21:8But for the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part shall be in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

Colossians 3:5-10

Therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[1] 7You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

3. spiderpam profile image75

Colossians 3:5-10

Therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[1] 7You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

3. imadork profile image69

I believe I hear Gabriel's trumpet in the distance.  It's getting LOUDER!

I hear the horses galloping and the Thunders rolling!

1. imadork profile image69
        imadorkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

10 Lords-a-Leaping!

9 Ladies Dancing!

8 bolts of lightening

7 Hubbers Swimming!

6 Ducks a squawkin'

5 writers scrambling!

4 burnt scones. (I was ready for Jesus to call and made scones. He's late.)

4. earnestshub profile image71
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

Nah.

5. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image70
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 15 years ago

I'm thinking Spiderpam you need to read the bible again or some more (not that I believe in it) and see how many facts you can actually make out. Read about the Mayans, the Egyptians, King James, Revolution, and ultimately true history before you can even make a judgment like that. It doesn't sound like your preaching religion, it sounds like your preaching bias ism.

Revelation 22:7-21
      And behold, I(Jesus) am comimg quickly. Blessed is he that keepeth the words of the prophecy of this book. 22:8And I John am he that heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel that showed me these things. 22:9And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow-servant with thee and with thy brethren the prophets, and with them that keep the words of this book: worship God. 22:10And he saith unto me, Seal not up the words of the prophecy of this book; for the time is at hand. 22:11He that is unrighteous, let him do unrighteousness still: and he that is filthy, let him be made filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him do righteousness still: and he that is holy, let him be made holy still. 22:12Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is. 22:13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. 22:14Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right to come to the tree of life, and my enter in by the gates into the city. 22:15Without are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one that loveth and maketh a lie. 22:16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright, the morning star. 22:17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And he that heareth, let him say, Come. And he that is athirst, let him come: he that will, let him take the water of life freely. 22:18I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book: 22:19and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book. 22:20He who testifieth these things saith, Yea: I come quickly. Amen: come, Lord Jesus. 22:21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with the saints. Amen.

6. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

Although I like to think of myself as a very moral and kind person, I've never been "big" on The Bible.  When my kids were little, though, I got a children's bible to keep in our home library, because I thought it would be good for them to have a rough idea of the stories/messages in it.

I was browsing it after buying it, because I wanted to screen for messages that I didn't want them seeing.   I ran into a part that said something like, "Do not worship in the streets and synagogues.  Worship in the privacy of your own room."  Maybe, because it was a children's version, the real message wasn't seen in complete context; but it struck me that it was the first time I'd seen anything that went with my own views that people's religion (or lack of it) is a private thing between them and their God (if they have one).  Essentially, what I got from this section I read (again, yes, it was for children) was that people shouldn't be making a "big show" of worshipping.  I don't know - sounds good to me.

Besides, "Colossians" is assuming that everyone has "sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry," and "anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language" - and, you know what?  Everyone just isn't guilty of all, or even any, of those things.  What about the "judge not" thing, by the way?   I just think how "good" anyone is is their own business; and if there's a God, I don't believe in having any middle-men between people and their God.  I'm a good person, as are a lot of other people.  If I'm headed for "heck" then it's my problem and business.  Everyone ought to worry about his own little self and let God be the one to do the wheel-spinning and lesson-teaching over the people of the world.

7. imadork profile image69

Spiderpam: How long did it take you to Google -- then cherry-pick -- Bible quotes to fit your point of view?

My words mean nothing only the word of God ie Bible quotes will defeat evil in the final battle.

Much Love to u

8. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

I imagine a lot will Sandra. smile

lol

Looking forward to it are you Mike? How very christian of you.

1. profile image0

LOL. we'll all be left to clean up all the sh*t left behind. big_smile

9. gamergirl profile image90
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

The only problem I have with this thread, other than the railing against this girl speaking from a place of religious fervor and personal belief, is that all her responses are just copy/paste scripture blurbs.

Whatever your religion is, whether I agree with it's concepts or not, to spread the word or give a decent defense versus the naysayers, be eloquent.  Be clear in your word and meaning.  Realize that just as strongly as you believe, so others will not until the clearest evidence is in their faces.

In short- actually take the time to reply, and not with scripture, but with real interaction.  Your ability to paste scripture is not an indication of the depth of your faith, but rather the expression of said faith in words of your own devising is the sign.

Much love,
    Gamergirl
    that girl who is going to hell because she loves learning about ALL the Gods.

1. countrywomen profile image61
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

GamerGirl- My personal belief is that love and kindness is one of the fundamental basis in all the religions and whether you believe in learning about all Gods or no God I feel each would get what he/she deserves to get in the end. And the love that you spread would not go in vain as they say "give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you". Btw don't worry by certain perceptions even I might be in that "hell"..LOL (and personally where I have friends like you then that place is "heaven" for me) wink

My words mean nothing only the word of God ie Bible quotes will defeat evil in the final battle.

Much Love to u

Is that waht Jesus says to do in that Bible of yours?  What do you have to lose if she is right?

2. Jewels profile image84

Spiderpam, your words, your own words mean everything.  It feels like you are trying to convince yourself. And yet I cannot see YOU behind these words.  I only see a puppet. But I won't pity you, because you are in your truth as you see it at this moment.

The words you spew from the bible you've been given pass nothing. There is no heart, no sense of truth.  Just words without meaning behind them. 

Here - I'll put this up for you, save you the trouble.

"My words mean nothing only the word of God ie Bible quotes will defeat evil in the final battle.

Much Love to u"

3. Etherealenigma profile image69
      Etherealenigmaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've read enough in the first two pages to respond here. Frankly, I'm Christian, and I have to agree with Gamergirl up to the point of her sign-off. Spiderpam, spouting scriptures at people who are not believers does not accomplish anything, especially since scripture itself says that they won't be able to understand (see 2 chr 4:3-4). If they cannot personally relate to you and what you are talking about, then they will only be offended, and feel like you are judging them. This is not the way to spread the love.

I'm not trying to slam you or to deter your efforts, just to redirect them. If you have not studied enough to find common ground or a better way to relate, then do so. There has to be a common dialog...you have to reach common ground somehow, or you will never break through to anyone. All you will do is set yourself up for attack, and personal ridicule. Christ did not call us to be judgmental, and throwing scriptures at people is a sign of that. The people Christ spoke to with scriptures were leaders in the synagogue who were hypocrites. He spoke in parables to the people to help their understanding. You need to find some parables to get your point across better. Study up. Peace.

10. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

Lets see...list of times Jesus was supposed to come back:

Man, he really is a prankster. I'm waiting for ya pal, can't wait to meet'cha! wink

Peace and Love,

G|M

P.S.
    And yes, I'm born again. And no, I'm not making fun of him coming back. Just that we humans don't know when its going to happen. As evidence to...well, just look at just those five dates.

1. profile image0

He came back three days after He left.  Gosh!!!  j/k big_smile

wink Oh yeah!

And he requested chocolate bunnies.

11. earnestshub profile image71

I do not believe in your invisible hostile entity, and see no truth in what you call truth.I do not believe that you have information not available to others. This is all conjecture and ego on your behalf.
    I fear no god, and believe as Carl Jung did that religiosity is a part of the human psych.

12. earnestshub profile image71

Your homophobic god is a psychopathic monster! This crap is why we have violence against gays, and are a blight on humanity. Are you homophobic as well as your god?

1. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Who? Me? I'm not at all homophobic. I was saying that those who speak sometimes speak to fast. Maybe I shouldn't have because everyone is entitled to their opinions but, opinions being opinions, I say my God is a God of love not hate and wouldn't be homophobic.

2. earnestshub profile image71

This comment was meant for spiderman

3. AEvans profile image73

Hi Earnest, I had to answer this question as she is a newbie and hasn't any idea how the forums can be. God isn't homophobic as to me he has created all of us in his own image. smile Hope that answers your question. My God should be the same as her God, but if she has a different one I guess we will know. smile

4. spiderpam profile image75

God loves homosexuals, just as much as any other person.  God sent Jesus Christ to die for all people and those who place their trust in him can receive forgiveness, healing and power to change.

http://www.porn-free.org/homosexual.htm

Maybe the site will help you see
      Much love

1. gamergirl profile image90
        gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

*facepalms*

13. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

I haven't seen Jesus in the sky yet, but I did see him in my grilled cheese sandwich once.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist.  smile  )

Spiderpam, in all seriousness, good wishes to you too.  (I can't say "love", because that's a word I reserve for a very few close people; but "good wishes" is intended to me something similar.)  People all think very differently, needless to say.  Most don't want other people's beliefs foisted on them, though.  Some even think, if there is a God - or if Jesus is somewhere in the sky, watch - seeing the goodness is most people, rather than assuming they have "evil souls" isn't such a bad thing.  Some even think God, like any good friend, would be happy to see people have a sense of humor; or even try to figure out things for themselves.

Thank you for your good wishes. No one is trying to force anyone to do anything. I'm simply telling the truth from the bible and spreading the word of God.  I can only hope that one lost soul will read this and get the message to "Seek ye First the kingdom of God and be saved." Thank you so much for your reply. I love you.

The Kingdom is WITHIN YOU, period.

1. Make  Money profile image67
          Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Makes so much more sense once you apply -

"The kingdom of heaven is within"  big_smile

Thank you Make Money - So I assume you agree there is no external heaven now? Glad you have converted. Will you stop talking about forcing women to not have abortions now?

Don't they burn you at the stake for that or something?

To the contrary Mark.  I posted those verses to show that LG is not correct in what she wrote.  The Kingdom of Heaven and the Holy Spirit are different.  Note in John 20:22 Jesus breathed on His apostles for them to receive the Holy Spirit.  This clearly shows that not everyone has the Holy Spirit in them.

Why do you ask, do you believe the kingdom of heaven is within you Mark? smile

Why do I ask? Because any one with half a brain can see your book does not talk about an external god. And yes - I am in the kingdom. Thank you for asking.

So does this mean you finally get it and can stop having an opinion on what other people do with their bodies and blaming it on your imaginary friend?

Oh the Bible clearly talks about an external God as well as an external Heaven Mark.

But you and LG are right too.  My bad, I assumed LG was saying the Kingdom of Heaven was within you but she wasn't.  No correction was needed.

Luke 17:20-24

I like studying the Bible with you Mark.  What should we study next? smile

That's the thing with you Mike.....you don't use the Bible as a tool to show the LOVE of Jesus and God, you use it as a sword to harm others by telling them they are always wrong and you insinnuate that just becasue they see things differently then you and YOUR doctrination that they are wrong and it is your GOD given right to let them know in no uncertain terms that you are the only one who has the correct and true words of everyone's god.  Then you go and tell them that God can't talk to them because he only talks to people like you......and who told you that?  I bet it was a MAN. Then all you can do is quote scripture to prove you are the only one who is right.  No brains there!  Anyone can do that!
                    Then you tell me and Mark that we are right.....only Mike........it is condescending..
                    Paul is the one who said to convert, not Jesus-He only said to spread his words and miracles.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60

Mike - we are not studying the bible. You are arguing for your pre-determined poor interpretation and LG never mentioned the holey spirit - she mentioned one thing and one thing only - That the kingdom of heaven is within you. I see no mention of another, external heaven here:

Luke 17:20-24
                    20 And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come? he answered them, and said: The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

Perhaps you could be more clear about a mention of some invisible external heaven that exists outside of us? because I am just not seeing it in the parts you quoted. I mean - how much more clear can it be that the kingdom of god is within you and not to look outside for it?

Do not look here or there because it is not there. Look inside. No external kingdom of god. All inside. No question about it.

Is that all you know how to do--quote scripture out of an antiquated book whomn we really have no absolute proof that anyone in there said those things.  Come on......think and give us what ytou think it says.  I know what it says so you don't have to quote it just for me..dear.  I can think for myself and I can also read for myself and I don't have others glaring over me telling me what I can and can't read or believe.

14. EncourageMe profile image60
    EncourageMeposted 15 years ago

He is coming back and some people will blink there eyes and then they are gone....

Just that quick!  You must have you life together because within the blink of an eye you could be returned back to the dust!

Andre' Smith

ps
    Visit my new Christian website...
    <snipped - do not post links in forums>

1. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Er I don't know the polite way to say this . but "I would rather not, thank you"

1. Misha profile image65
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh, it's easy Ag smile
        The polite way of saying this is "spammer" lol

How many, honestly, do you know that have their life together?  What does that entail, having ones life together?

Does What Ye Sow Ye Shall Reap have any meaning to you?  Are you all waiting for some God to come down and all of a sudden in one fell swoop take everything away that he painstakingly made just because of us humans?  Does that also mean other worlds where there is life? 

Repeating myself:  Jesus already came back and he was ignored and not believed then.  He did as he told us that he would do.  Then the Bible, conveniently, dropped the subject and it became that of Paul's teachings and not that of Jesus.

15. Make  Money profile image67

Again spiderpam was not being judgmental or condemning anyone.  Some people do not come to HubPages just to gain lots of fans or share their Google adsense pennies with HubPages.  We can lead a horse to water, in fact that is why some Christians post in these forums, but the reader will have to decide whether they want to drink or not.  We all have the option of reading or not reading certain threads.

Being politically incorrect means nothing to God.  It seems that a couple of Christians that come to these forums should learn what God said about being lukewarm.

lol

But that is because you are just ignorant scum - at least that is what my god says - these are not my own opinions you understand. I am just passing on the word of The One True God - FSM. He says people like you are ignorant scum who will burn in arrabiata sauce for all eternity.wink

No. no - not my opinion. Nor am I being judgemental. These are His Words. lol

Made any Money lately Make Money?

And you wonder why you are despised? Really - it is not that hard to work out. Of course - that does require you thinking for yourself. Oh - that's right - you are not allowed to do that. What did your god tell you to say again?........... big_smile

Mmm...beer volcanoes and stripper factories FTW!

16. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

Here is what I think.  Read Escalations (sp?)

17. mohamedhmm profile image59
    mohamedhmmposted 15 years ago

I do not think any one of you really ready for GOD; because you need to find God and discover Him in yourself and every things around you..I want to know, who is ready For Our God- the father-..
    and our lord -not God- jesus would be with who; who is ready to fellow the message of jesus to worship God-the father-...
    whatever noone of you ready yet...

18. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

Man, as much as I used to go to a bible study group and have attended church on several occasions..oh, and I also OWN like three different versions of the Bible..I can't really quote scripture.

I've too many comical lines, references to current events, and other awesome things.

Oh, and Nostradamus quatrains. wink

19. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image63
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 15 years ago

My refrigerator is empty, I'm gonna need to make a run to the store. Does anybody know what kinda finger food he likes?

1. Bob Cedar profile image58
      Bob Cedarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Fishsticks on bread, and don't forget the wine. MD 20/20 I believe.

20. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 15 years ago

Didn't Jesus say 'the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'? I guess there a re different versions of what He said and I guess you could argue about them all.

Jesus is a made up person so you can make him say whatever suits your current beliefs. big_smile

21. Maryke van Rensbu profile image61
    Maryke van Rensbuposted 15 years ago

Oi my gosh.  You just get them everywhere!

Vague...its the new black.

Whoa!

I though pink was the new black. Am I out of the loop once again?

You sir, need a Crackberry. Or an iPhone. Or anything that can use RSS feeds. wink

An iPhone is ridiculously expensive in my neck of the woods. I will just have to live with being behind the times. smile

This message will be obsolete by the time I hit submit.

2. Jewels profile image84

No at the moment red is the new black.

22. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Hahahaha Jesus is already here...rejoice rejoice for he has risen..er again each year through an easter egg, is it?

Actually I don't know who Jesus is, is he important or a story element that served a purpose of controlling peope to believe in something that still holds some weight with people who will just believe in anything just to say it is a religion.?

23. JadedPoet profile image61
    JadedPoetposted 15 years ago

gamegirl, I am with you on this one, all the way.  I've been through much in my life.  It is all based in human folly, both mine and that of some people I should have stayed away from.  I have survived much, and again, it was through my own efforts, my own inner strength and determination, and the help of some truly wonderful people I had the sense to listen to.  I don't feel the need to worship a being who would have me take all the blame for anyting wrong in my life, and then turn around and give him all the credit for anything I do right.

I think, in a sense, religion is kind of like autoeroticism...most people practice some form of it, but it is best left in private.

24. Lady Guinevere profile image63
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

Sandra Rinck Said:
    "I suppose this is why the Koran and Bible say "Faith" and neither should we make arguments (not that you are)as if we are God and can read someone else's heart when at times we cannot even read our owns.

For whatever this may mean to anyone who cares to think... God is the Holy Spirit... The invisible Spirit... So however God manifest is for God to chose and Jesus may have been a prophet equal to the others but in Jesus it is said the the full Spirit which is God was in Him and they were indeed One, neither equal or liken to each other but the One is One body at that time.

I do think that there are some who bow down to pictures of the Lord Jesus but given the fact, which I don't think are disputable) that some people need for God to manifest and it so happened in the body of Jesus.

While a man, no Jesus was not equal to God because they were seperate... to begot Himself is not that Jesus made Him, but because God made Him for His purpose and it is for the gentiles.  Jesus himself did not learn to himself but God Himself was learned unto Himself and to be a son, is in the flesh.

Some prophets are given revelations, other the holy spirit to understand, others were given works etc... so with all so many things, how can I say to Islam you are wrong and how can Islam say to a Christian, you are wrong and follow me.

So you see, what good is faith if it rejects one and accepts another and when God has chosen in which body He will dwell for sometime, why reject this as this line repeats itself through the people written in the books many times.

Surah Al- Baqarah
    61 half way in the paragaph.

They were convered with humiliations and misery: they drew on themselves the wrath of Allah.  This because they went on rejecting the Signs of Allah and slaying His Messengers without just cause.  This because they rebelled and went on transgressing.

62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an) and those who follow the Jewish (scripture), and the Christians and the Sabians, and who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

So it seems we always ask and then when the signs are delivered they are rejected because of the belief (not only in Islam) but also Christendoms, Jewish... will not all see what God has done and it is written there in the Bible and also the Qur'an.

Anyways, I am just rambling now.  Just had some thoughts about it.  I think there is only confusion for the minds capability for understanding some of Allah's finer mysteries because we want so much to prove our worth and never stray from Him, nonetheless... instead of listening to those God had informed and made Messengers we deny them by fear and what fear should we have but only the fear of unbelief... best a person fear God and ask for Mercy then continue on paths of destruction... Let it be between man and His God, whom we also call Lord and Teacher because there isn't any other true guidance that we can receive other than from God.

Some say it was Abraham, others say Moses, yet other say Jesus and other say Mohammad.  Yes they are equal in their flesh but in the Spirit which truly is Allah the Unseen and True Allah...

Anyways, I am just saying believe in all things and man chooses by his own understanding but God knows everything."

I had to take that out and not use the entire quoted text because the internet would freee on me if I used the whole thing.....
    Anyway.....
    Sandra I understand this what you say.

25. profile image0

I figured you would. smile

26. earnestshub profile image71

Is this same neurotic despot that I read about in your religious tomes?

1. profile image0

???

27. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

Why are all sins seen equally? Just wonderin' smile

1. profile image0

because they all result in death anyways so what would be the point of making one better or worse than the other?

28. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

All sins result in death? Or all sins result in going to hell? I dunno I guess I'm just thinking hell must be pretty crowded, it's hard to find someone who hasn't committed a "sin" as defined by the bible.

I think the real sin was keeping us in the dark in the first place and then lying about it.  Yeah kinda puts it on God, but then you have the burningof the books and the Library in Alexandria and the Romans blamed the Jews for it, but they didn't do it.  Kind of sounds like that.  Then you have the FACT that there were other Gods because we were made inb THEIR image.......so who was keeping who from what we should have had in the first place.  Keeping us in the dark because........??  Many religions do that to their people--everything but what the clergy allow them to read is evil and will send you to hell.

2. Make  Money profile image67

lol I still have to shake my head at some of your posts LG.

I'd have to agree with Colebabie here Sandra.  We are all sinners.  This quote from a booklet on daily reflections for Lent says it better than I could.

The Catholic Church separates sins into three different categories, original sin (sin of Adam that Baptism takes away), venial sins and mortal sins.  But I'm sure we would not want to disgust these in here. smile

And you still think that you should put the blinders on everyone else and you have that right....yeah right! NOT.  When are you going to read anything but your Bible about the Bible..never I assume because it is all evil.  tsk, tsk.  Shake you head all you want until it fals off your shoulders!
        Those of us who see things in a different light are always scorned and made fun of and called names---ever wonder why that is--is it a learned response from your indoctrination to treat people that way.  Jesus certainly didn't tell you to do that---better read that Holy book of yours all by yourself again.

2. profile image0

The question she asked was, why are all sin equal.  All sin results in death so if we are all going to receive the same "punishment" for our sins, (which we are all sinners) then what difference does it really make? 

I personally feel like some are unforgivable.  Like murder and child molestation and though the Bible say, forgive and it will be forgive of you but if you retain they will be retained of you...

Well all I can say is... if you are unable to forgive something like murder and child molestation and rape and all that then you better not do it yourself.

Second death is something different and result in "eternal hell fire", death in this flesh is something that all life will repay for life of sin and the first and original sin of Adam. 

Does that make more sense?

29. Make  Money profile image67

Oh I see what you mean.  I don't want to get into what's forgivable or not cause that's God's job.  That is what is actually meant when the Bible says we are not to judge.  You know they even send a preacher to a convicted murderer sitting on death row if he or she wants to see one.  I just wanted to show that sins are forgivable with a contrite heart.

1. profile image0

Yes, they are forgivable... Thank God!  big_smile

30. Make  Money profile image67

Your daughter looks pretty groovy in the glasses. smile

31. Lady Guinevere profile image63

Sandra's daughter is a cuttiepie!

32. Lady Guinevere profile image63

If everyone is a sinner and bound for hell, then why are people still having babies?  I mean that sounds pretty dumb that someone would have a child that they know is going to go straight to hell, wouldn't you think?

1. profile image0

LOL lg, your antics are so silly.  You know that isn't true smile Everyone dies so we are grateful for life in the first place.  Plus babies are awesome!  And thanks Mike and LG, I know my kid is a cutie too bad her attitude doesn't fit her cuteness at the moment... but she's still a good kid.  big_smile

33. profile image58
    Hell N0posted 15 years ago

S. R., what's silly is your ridiculous belief in hell fire.  I have to agree with LG on this one.  Anyone that believes in such church spit should not be having children.  Afterall, you would be subjecting them to the possibilty of rejecting Christ and burning in hell for eternity.  The scriptures teach no such thing but no blind person will believe that.  By the way, it is through the grace of God that we weren't born in conditions that would lead to us being murdurers and rapests.

By the way, murdur and rape are not only forgiveable, they have been forgiven already by God.

I wrote a hub about what the Bible teaches about children.  Can't post the link here but the name is Why Should Christians Have Children.  It got alot of nasty comments too.

2. profile image0

So your saying because they have already been forgiven than it is okay to do it?

1. profile image58
        Hell N0posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Absolutelly not.  There will be judgment (either in this age or the next).  But all will be saved.

1. profile image0

That's great because I believe the same as well but you jump to conclusions over an arbitrary conversation.  I seen the Hellfire... there was no one there. LoL big_smile

34. earnestshub profile image71

Religion always has a back door for "sinners" I do not believe in sin at all, nor do I believe that just having a belief in an unknown entity makes you a better person, or less of a "sinner", or smarter or so smart that you have the right to tell others they must believe the same or die by torture in hell-fire.
    The major religions leave all who do not believe in it's gods to suffer pestilence and torture.
    This sort of belief leaves no space for any of us who have studied religion and concluded that there is no god.

1. profile image0

that's funny because I don't believe that a belief in an unknown entity makes you a better person either... funny how that works out.

I don't believe in give you the right to tell others what they must believe either or die in hellfire.

The major anti-religions leave all who do not believe in it's gods to suffer pestilence and torture.

Seems in all your studies you have concluded that their are many gods instead of just one.  Oh wait... Are you saying because you have thoroughly studied religion and do not believe in God then you must be right to take the moral high ground in all your righteousness (because you have never sinned and do not believe in death) that we must believe you?

God already told us about unbelievers.  He said leave them alone.  He said, even if you leave them alone and go about your business they will weasel their way in jut to make you feel bad about the belief in God.  He said you would say everything you already said and will say in the future and He said... whateva!

For you there never was a god because this world belongs to you and the rest of us who do still believe after all the crap religions and non religious God haters have put the entire world through, that we will get our peace in Heaven or Paradise.

Must suck to be a non believer since you guys get everything your way already and then hate us for wanting better.  Gimme a break.  If you don't like it then why do you keep poking your head in just to make statements about how well studied you are but could never give anyone even a tidbit of anything to confirm your belief yet you want that of a believer.

There are enough people here sprouting scripture, and most will be cut and paste anyway.
        There are many people here claiming different gods, and your god told me nothing new.
        I do not claim to have a god, and yes I have studied religions, so shoot me!
        As for poking my head in, at least I am not trying to foist a god on you or anyone else. Your arrogance in assuming you know the only true god is alarming.

1. profile image0

Arrogance?  Is that something you picked up from Mark? lol big_smile

No look! Dictionary!

1. profile image0

So you are saying you do not know the definition of arrogance?  If you had then maybe you wouldn't be so quick to call others arrogant when yourself is as arrogant as they come.  So now that you know what it means maybe you could apply it to yourself to understand it better.  Oh wait, let me guess, you are assertive and well educated therefore it isn't arrogance.  Sounds to me like your reading comprehension is weak.  You might want to look that up too.  big_smile

35. profile image58

I was having a hard time quoting portions of what you said.  There were three quotations and I didn't want to quote the whole thing.  What I thought you had written was something to the affect that second death means eternal hellfire.  Tell me if I'm mistaken.

Now you say you've seen hell fire (which is unscriptural), and nobody was in it?

1. profile image0

Yeah, second death.  Do you know what the second death is? I know what you are doing anyways.  So let me just answer your round about question. 

Yes I believe in an eternal place of fire, but believing there is one doesn't mean I believe that anyone goes there except for Satan itself.

Plus the Bible says that it is a place for the dead... read carefully... not the living.  God doesn't send living souls to that place.  ( Oh I wonder what you think the soul is too?)

Hell, which is Hades, which is Sheol literally means "grave" or the place where you bury the dead the people.  But either way, I get the feeling you just don't like me.  big_smile

36. profile image58

You had no clue of what I was doing.  I was trying to be clear on your stance.  Sheol and Hades both mean unseen, not grave.  It is the realm of the dead where there is no conciousness.  See, your confusion comes from The Lake of Fire.  This is where judgment in the next age will take place and is not the same as the mistranslated hell.  Fire is of God and may actually be God.  It purifies.  It isn't literal as nothing in Revelations is literal.  Eternal is also a mistranslation as aion and aionios never mean forever.  Satan and his messengers (those doing the works of Satan ((People)) ) are cast into The Lake of Fire for a time and will be shown the truths of God and perfected.  Perhaps you should read more carefully.  Also, go to bible-truths.com.

P.S.
    A soul is dead when the body is dead.  Resurection is necessarry to live again.

1. profile image0

Okay if that is what you believe than that is what you believe.  So now that you have made it even more apparent that you really just don't like me, than can you please refrain from your deliberate and short sided accusations? 

Thanks, that would be most appreciated.  big_smile And thank you for the invitation to bibl.truh.com but I will pass, I prefer to read the Bible.

ooooooooooooooo   what is the truth?

37. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

There's been a lot of quoting, advice, and argument about  scripture here, so I thought that this would be a good place to seek some advice on a problem I have.

My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend).

He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Leviticus 24:10-16. ?

Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Leviticus. 20:14)

Thanks.

It should be easy to get some help here Eric, there are a lot of good folk in to the burning and stoning.

Leviticus is in the Old Testament and Jewish Torah.  The Torah is the first five books of the Old Testament or Jewish Bible.  The Torah is also referred to as the books of Moses.

Christians do not follow Levitical Law because it is not needed any more.

Please read these 5 verses from 2 Corinthians 3 to see why.

Also in Paul's letter to the Ephesians 2 when referring to both Jew and Gentile he says.

Christians follow the new commandment of love from John 13

God bless
      Mike

Oh so now you are allowed to pick and choose what you do in regaurds to the Bible.  Isn't that against the Law of God for the 10 commandments are in the OLD TESTAMENT.  Sounds a bit contradictory doesn't it, when you think of it that way.

38. Make  Money profile image67

Regarding hades, scheol, the pit, the nether-world, hell or whatever you want to call it let's compare the same verses from the 5 books of Moses which is the Torah to the King James Bible and the Douay-Rheims Bible.  The Torah is also the first 5 books of the Christian Bible.  Those books are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Numbers 16:30

From the Torah
    30 "But if HaShem make a new thing, and the ground open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down alive into the pit, then ye shall understand that these men have despised HaShem."

From the King James Bible
    30: "But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD."

From the Douay-Rheims Bible
    30 "But if the Lord do a new thing, and the earth opening her mouth swallow them down, and all things that belong to them, and they go down alive into hell, you shall know that they have blasphemed the Lord."

Numbers 16:33

From the Torah
    33 "So they, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit; and the earth closed upon them, and they perished from among the assembly."

33: "They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation."

33 "And they went down alive into hell the ground closing upon them, and they perished from among the people."

Deuteronomy 32:22

From the Torah
    22 "For a fire is kindled in My nostril, and burneth unto the depths of the nether-world, and devoureth the earth with her produce, and setteth ablaze the foundations of the mountains."

22: "For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains."

22 "A fire is kindled in my wrath, and shall burn even to the lowest hell: and shall devour the earth with her increase, and shall burn the foundations of the mountains."

See so whether it be called the pit, the nether-world, hades, scheol or whatever the idea of hell has existed long before Christianity, by what, some 4,000 years or so.

God bless
    Mike

39. profile image0

I was just reading from the Qu'ran if anyone is interested.

Surah AL-i-Imran (about Mother Mary and Jesus)

After Mary says to God, how shall I have a boy when no man has ever touched me.  God say, I say it be and it will be.

48  "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel,   

49 "and (appoint him) an Apostle to the Children of Israel (with this message): "I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave:  And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what you eat, and what you store in your houses.  Surely therein is a Sign for you if you did believe;

50  (I have come to you), to attest the Torah which was before me.  And to make lawful to you part of what was (before) forbidden to you;  I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord, So fear Allah, and obey me.

51 It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord: then worship Him.  this is a Way that is straight.

52  When Jesus found unbelief on their part He said: Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?  Said the disciples: We are Allah's helpers, we believe in Allah, and you bear witness that we are Muslims

53 Our Lord! we believe in what You have revealed, and we follow the Apostle; then write us down among those who bear witness".

54 And (the Unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah, too, planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

55  Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus!  I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme.  I will make those who follow you superior to those who reject Faith, to the Day of Resurrection.  Then shall you all return unto Me, and I will judge between you and the matters wherein you dispute.

56  "As to those who reject Faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world an in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

57  "As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will repay them (in full) their reward; but Allah love not those who do wrong."

58  "This is what We rehearse unto you of the Signsand the Message of Wisdom."

59 the similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created from from dust, then said to him: be. and he was.

60  The Truth (comes) from Allah alone; so be not of those who doubt.

61 If any one disputes in this matter with you, now after (full) knowledge has come to you, say: Come let us gather together, our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves:  Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie.

62  This is the true account:  There is no god except Allah; and Allah is indeed Exalted in Power, the Wise.

63  But if they turn back, Allah has full knowledge of those who do mischief.

Listen up! Your god does not punish me or anyone else. This insulting tripe is typical of a religious loon.
      You are not even aware that this god in making statements about himself that are sicker psychologically than the writer of this diatribe of hate and fear. Stick your psychotic invisible entity where the sun don't shine.

1. profile image0

Are you angry?  Did I hurt your feewings?  So sorry to be a burden to you in your disbelief.  If you really do believe there is no God, then what are you afraid of? 

Surely you must be afraid of something and I don't think it's me. big_smile

No not angry or afraid, that is your specialty. I am just frustrated that people like you who are terrified of a self made bogyman insult others by pre-supposing that we should be afraid of your half baked fantasy too. By repeating the threats made by your invisible nasty psychotic god you provide the world with nothing useful, people don't need a belief that is fear based.

1. profile image0

I would take God over your mindless mouth any day.  I do not purposefully and with the intentions of causing strife go to people and say nasty unsound, unfounded, mentally disturbing accusations about anyone.

If you were a kinder person, I might listen but you aren't.  You don't show anything kind to anyone who believes.  You feel that everything discussed on the religion forum is about you.

I wouldn't take it personally and I don't take your comments personally because I know that it is just as neurotic to "hate" something you cannot see and say so then it is to love everything you can see and cannot see. 

Your life, don't make it mine. big_smile

Where is that all coming from Sandra?  Wow.

1. profile image0

He comes after everything I say just to say something nasty. lol 

I thought what I wrote above was interesting for Christians and Jews and Muslim in that it says it is okay and good to believe in Jesus and that we should all be together under God that it is good to heal the divisions between us because even though we have different lords, via: Abraham, Moses, Jesus etc... they are all for God, so being divided is well... you can figure it out. smile

Oh I C.  Makes sense to me.  Thing is weather they believe it or not we are all that spark of electricity that came from the first spark.  Who knows where it came from or if it was there allalong.  Being as we are all energy--electricity, we all all one in the same.  Now if the people who quote from scripture would believe---truely believe, that then we may at some point get along.  I don't see that happening in my future on this earth at this time.  All they have is a need to control others which they somehow thought that they lost control of their own lives so they feel they must control someone else's.  They lost the ability to share.  They just don't know how to.  They fear that they will lose control i they let go and everyone knows the tighter you hold onto something the more it gets lost.  That is why it is best to let it be and learn to trust yourself and not give away your own trust or will or ability to think for yourself.
                  Love does not control or tell someone they must believe and do as they do and everything happens in it's own time.  Those words are in that Bible, but they look beyond that for the fear they will lose control and sad to say--they have already lost that control when they try to control others.

1. profile image0

I agree.  Love leads and doesn't control.  smile

2. mohitmisra profile image59
              mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

smile  Hes frustrated Sandra as he doesn't understand what we are talking about and this is the only way he can participate.

I think it is more likely he is frustrated at the threats of hellfire, eternal pain and suffering preached by people who think they know what happens after you die. And you better get with the program or else.

I see you are coming around to the christian way of thinking.

Only one god - the christian god - and all others will be tortured for eternity. Did you convert? Which sect did you choose?

Because if you pick the wrong one you are going to be tormented for ever.  wink

1. mohitmisra profile image59

I understand these threats are uncalled for.

Actually they are called for. The bible calls for believers to spread the love. There is a woman here on the forums the last week or so who has been convicted to share the love of the lord by telling everyone where they are going wrong. How they are sinning and what their punishment will be.

She has a big list of things the christian god is against.

Same sex marriage, pre marital sex, homosexuality, stealing, lying, not believing what she believes.

It's a big list. Some people take offense at this. Myself included.

But - as you say - we just do not understand what is being talked about.  wink

3. earnestshub profile image71

Your life is not your life, you have handed it over so that you take no responsibility for it. What sort of god threatens all who do not worship him?

"Live and let live" Mahavira.

I'll ask again. What sort of god threatens?

He doesn't need to threaten but he does remind you of karma. smile God is within you so you are threatening yourself.

40. Lady Guinevere profile image63

Usually when a ground opens up like it says it is an earthquake.  people back in those ages didn't even have a clue as to what the earth's dynamics were.  They didn't have science then and blamed everything on an external source.  Thoughts become things and so does raping the earth until it has no nutrients at all and that causes landslides, earthquakes. floods and much more.
    Ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

You'd have to read the whole chapters of Numbers 16 and Deuteronomy 32 to see that they were more than earthquakes.

"On the contrary I have seen those who work iniquity, and sow sorrows, and reap them" (Job 4:8)

I am not going to read anymore of your scripture becasue that, sir, is all you know how to do.  Get other facts from other sources.  If you say the Bible is the only truth out there then it wouldn't hurt to look elsewhere, unless you are afraid that it will prove something else.

41. profile image58

"The Qur'an"  A book that really teaches endless torments:

3. Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will be burnt with fire and suffer a painful doom. 4:14

4. For the disbelievers and those who make a last-minute conversion, Allah has prepared a painful doom. :18

5. For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37

6. Hell is sufficient for their burning. 4:55

7. Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

8. Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74

9. Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

12. Those who oppose the messenger and become unbelievers will go to hell. 4:115

13. Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 4:137

14. For the hypocrites there will be a painful doom. 4:138

15. Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers into hell. 4:140

16. The hypocrites will be in the lowest part of hell and no one will help them there. 4:145

17. You must believe everything Allah and his messengers tell you. Those who don't are disbelievers and will face a painful doom. 4:150-151

18. For the wrongdoing Jews, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:160-1

19. God will guide disbelievers down a road that leads to EVERLASTING hell. 4:168-169 " (CAPS are mine).

[al-Bayyinah 98:1-8 ]
    The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans
    shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest
    of all creatures.

[al-Hajj 22:19-22:23]
    Garments of fire have been prepared for the unbelievers.
    Sclading water shall be poured upon their heads, melting
    their skins and that which is in their bellies. They shall
    be lashed rods of iron. Whenever, in their anguish, they
    try to escape from Hell, back they shall be dragged, and
    will be told: "Taste the torment of the Conflagration

And there's more.

Well, there you have it folks.  The Quaran.  It pretty much says what orthodox churchianity thinks the bible "implies" concerning some eternal hell.  It's obvious where they got this from.  Blind Christians.

1. profile image0

Yeah and it also says that people who believe the allegory as literal are... well.. like you. smile

42. Lady Guinevere profile image63

Jesus will come when he knows you are ready to experience him, not the other way aound.

1. mohamedhmm profile image59

Buddhists not really from God like Christianity or Islam, it's a way of life for a good man; and instead they learn from him and just follow him, people after him worshiped him as God; but, they did same the Christians did with the lord Jesus and equal him to God...
      and that's the reason God sent the last message after all of these to Guide us to his way..
      Also;  not all religion expect their prophet to return; because Muslims believe that lord Jesus will come back and he will break the cross and clear the confusion of Christianity and he will lead Muslims nation and have his kingdom in this land as leader and prophet from God....
      So, Muslims nor waiting for their prophet Muhammad  but the prophet Jesus...

43. mohamedhmm profile image59
    mohamedhmmposted 15 years ago

Buddhists not really from God like Christianity or Islam, it's a way of life for a good man; and instead they learn from him and just follow him, people after him worshiped him as God; but, they did same the Christians did with the lord Jesus and equal him to God...
    and that's the reason God sent the last message after all of these to Guide us to his way..
    Also;  not all religion expect their prophet to return; because Muslims believe that lord Jesus will come back and he will break the cross and clear the confusion of Christianity and he will lead Muslims nation and have his kingdom in this land as leader and prophet from God....
    So, Muslims nor waiting for their prophet Muhammad  but the prophet Jesus...

The prophet will belong to all of humanity and not any one religion.

...And Jesus went to India and the beleifs that are there and Learned FROM them.....

Christianity is a carbon copy of Hindu philosophy.They had reincarnation earlier then removed it in order to try and be unique or original. smile

44. profile image58

Allegory S. R.?  Let's see:

"Hell is sufficient for their burning". 

Hmmm.  Hell is a modern day mistranslation and sheol of the OT was not used in conjunction with burning.  Sounds like a pagan teaching originating in Egypt.

"Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire, when their skin is burned off a fresh skin will be provided."

Ouch, that must hurt.  They will scream, "why won't I die!!?  I don't want more skin!! Kiiiiiiiiillllll meeeeeee!!!

"Whenever, in their anguish, they try to escape from hell, back they shall be dragged."

Damnit!!  I thought I had escaped.

". . . .and the Pagons shall burn forever in the fires of hell"

Nope.  I know allegory when I see it.  The above is made up swill to scare the ever loving crap out of people.  The scriptures concerning Christ are full of parables and allegory that orthodoxy usually interprets as meaning what the Quaran so elegantly describes as an eternity of burning.  However, never does the bible talk about "skin replacement therapy", attempted escape from hell, burning in hell (and don't get me started on Gehenna fire.  That was a physical location).  In fact, there is never anguish in sheol or hades because there is no experience there, you're dead.  The Rich Man and Lazarus parable uses Hades figuratively for a society of people loosing favor with God.  And it says nothing about physical pain, or burning or skin replacement. . . . .

I have no problem with people of different faiths unless they believe and teach that hell crap.  Since you say you don't believe this, I have no problem with you, although, you should know that all are saved after judgment.  I know your Quaran doesn't teach that but hey, at least you think the above is allegorical.

==========

it's another miracle from Koran, that state by skin we feel the pain- we knew this now from science; but Muslims knew this from God 1500 years ago-; so, when we meet God in judgment day; The disbeliever in God will suffer the pain without stop in the Hell by replace them new skin; so, they could taste the pain.
      i hope you could understand

God is fair; if you do good is good for you, and if you do bad is come bad to you...

I know a lot of bankers who don't buy it. Nor do I.Nor do the war criminals living the easy life. You better hope there is no real god. A real god would point out to you that you are homophobic, maybe by boiling you in oil?Your god is a psychopath!

That doesn't sound fair to me.  It seems it is a human thing to seek that or anythinbg of that.  God made US in THEIR image-----hmmmm plural..........you have one God that is nice and loving then you have another God who is not--that is very clear in the Bible.  Now where id that Nicer God get off too? 
        Anybody know that if you burn a percentage of your body you die---period, no bringing back or new skin put on.  Why is torture so higly rated in the Bible and Holy Scriptures and so abhoored in society.  Who is doing the torture and what is the root cause..........has nothing to do with God, but MAN and his need to control everything in his world.

45. profile image48
    shelly123posted 15 years ago

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
    I appreciate the concern which is been rose.
    Shelly Smith.

Florida Drug Treatment Centers

46. Make  Money profile image67

Psychiatrist documents case of demonic possession
    Quote - "Most of her comments during these 'trances,' or at the subsequent exorcisms, displayed a marked contempt for anything religious or sacred."

Demonic-Possession Phenomenon Merits Scientific Study

Westminster Exorcist Says ...
    Quote - "Promiscuity, whether homosexual or heterosexual, can lead to dire spiritual consequences.  Occult activities such as séances and witchcraft are "direct invitations to the Devil which he readily accepts."  Extreme secular humanism, "atheist scientism", is comparable to "rational satanism" and these are leading Europe into a dangerous state of apostasy.  Incidents of demonic possession are rising dramatically along with the increase of New Age beliefs and practices, ignorance of the Bible and a growth in spiritual confusion."

Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil is a page on this multi-denominational Christian web site that claims "There is too much evil in the world for man to be solely responsible".  It is concerned that "Many denominations do not even have a ritual of exorcism to deal with Satan and his influences."  The webmaster gives this Warning before reading the above web page or any of his other pages on Demonology.  Quotes from one of his pages, "Oddly enough, there is a quick fix. He is called: God.", "In this world of high tech wonder and amazement, the solution to our problems can be found through simply kneeling and praying." and "Satan does have some power. He has the power to take away from God his most precious creation- us!  We must realize this and turn the sword against him. The final battle may well be fought inside of us."

1. profile image0

Where do you get all this stuff.  I really want to read the last link but can't.  I am one of those people that gets scared watching ghost movies. lol 

Interesting reads though. Makes me wonder if some people are hp are possessed. lol they seem to fit the criteria in some ways. ;p

47. Make  Money profile image67

I just found them on the net.  Definitely a scary topic.  Although I found the "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil" page fairly mild.  I don't know for sure, but there sure are some vile attacks against Christianity and organized religion in general on these forums.  That's why I posted this.  So they can decide for themselves.

1. profile image0

So I read that one.  Interesting.  I see the correlation.  Though the devil is in existence... the "tightrope" is that the church stopped teaching people about Satan and his evil tricks... thus the rise in world chaos.

He/She makes a good point.  To say that Satan does not exist then how does someone explain the outright evils of the world?  Seems to me that there are mental illnesses, momentary lapses of judgment and stuff like that but some things are too heinous to be considered a momentary lapse of sanity or judgment or a mental disorder.

I want to read about demonic possessions and stuff but I think I feel more comfortable with just ignoring him. smile  Needless to say, I am one of those people that consider Satan a metaphor but in that he gets into your mind and causes people to commit terrible crimes. 

Not crimes like kids fighting like kids or a person who robs a bank to feed his family or something but more like the cause for why on Earth anyone would want to tear apart a child limb from limb or eat people as their normal diet, and for that matter why anyone would want to slay someone who believes in God because they find it offensive or illogical... I guess if they only knew.

You are really getting it down girl. Good for you. I only eat babies once a week myself.

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/atheism.jpg

I usually tear them limb from limb first though. Whole ones are much harder to eat. lol

I only you understood................

1. profile image0

LOL big_smile

No that's not the tight rope, he or she was writing the page to share the truth without trying to offend anyone, the writer is walking the tight rope.  I wasn't offended.  Keep in mind that the "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil" page was written by a non-Catholic.  Actually we were taught to love God and His mercy and the graces He bestows on us prior to Vatican II too.  It wasn't all scary stuff and guilt trips like he says.  I know cause I grew up prior to Vatican II.  I felt fearless when I was a kid because of God's love for me.  I think there is nothing more powerful than when I hear a child say the St. Michael's prayer.  Although the person that wrote the web site is right about some not teaching enough about satan or hell.  He is actually calling for help from trained Catholic exorcists. 

I like what is said on the religion page of the site.  It reminds me of the Catholic belief that all Christian denominations that believe in the Trinity are part of the Catholic (Universal) Church, whether they realize it or not.

At one time there was an exorcist in all Catholic diocese.  Just this morning I read that there are only ten of them in the U.S. now.  About a month ago I watched an interview with Father Gabriele Amorth, the top Vatican exorcist that blamed the diocesan bishops for this.  But like it says on the Westminster Exorcist site "In 1993 he (Fr. Davies) co-founded, with Italy's Father Gabriele Amorth, the International Association of Exorcists which now has hundreds of members worldwide."

It's probably not a good idea to study demonology, just put your life in God's hand.  I posted this about demonology and exorcism today to show those that may be concerned that this service is available.

That's funny Mark.

48. profile image0

I didn't think he was Catholic but it was least of the things on my mind.  Makes me sorta want to become and exorcist but I would probably try to hand them lolly pops. LOL big_smile

49. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 15 years ago

Never really gone down the demonology route - I am of the belief that humans are more than capable of doing vile deeds without the excuse of possession!

To be fair, humans are also capable of wonderful and beautiful things, too smile

1. profile image0

The article address just that but was emphasizing the differences between human capability and some extreme cases that have nothing to do with mental illness and things of that sort. 

No one disputes that humans do a lot of beautiful things but are concerned with some things that well... I do consider them to be Satanic deeds like eating people because they like it, killing people in very morbid ways, like just a few weeks ago a little girl was kidnapped, torn to pieces, stuffed in a suitcase and tossed in a pond...

Satanic if you ask me. Lapse of judgment when a person kills someone out of passion or something like that but kill, tear apart, stuff in a suit case etc... to a little child no less... well that I think there is a difference.

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
        Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Understood - I am not trying to put down anybody else's views, but it is nice to have a discussion rather than argument occasionally smile

Personally, I believe that evil is the absence of good, but that is purely my personal belief.

That is true.  Instead of peopple taking responsibility for their own actions they want to blame it on some evil thing--or even God.  Now there is evil in the world and where idd that come from---the person who started it and it wasn't some invisible being that's for sure. 
      Mental llness is mostly from a chemical flaw in someone's brain, not any devil or deamon and I wrote a hub on that!

Can't argue with that - passing off mental illness as possession is a potentially dangerous exercise.

1. apeksha profile image68
          apekshaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

you all are diverting basic topic...
          illness ,mental,?
          If Jesus will come back then definitely he will solve all our problems...as before...as mentioned in Bible.

and koran

in kuran where u found jesus.
              I dont know.

I think you have gone throuh whole Kuran mohamedhmm.
                whats with those books...be practicle and think smarter....

2. apeksha profile image68

Scientists will definately do something if such thing will happen ...I think all people will definately make issue then if such happens as u all have made here......

50. eggie1 profile image61
    eggie1posted 15 years ago

I've found out that there is such a God out there, that has the power to heal all diseases and repel demons away. Mankind is forgetting about this God and therefore all disasters are creating this "hell on Earth". So to answer your question YES, I am ready.

If He forgotten me and let me walk through a twisted path, He can surely do something for you. Never lose faith and be aware that we Westerners have our Trine God, which is way more powerful than some people think. There is no need to search for Eastern philosophy and rationalism is the reason for this chaos we now live in.

I truly believe that with faith, humankind can break off these chains and get back where we belong, as rulers of the planet, ruling with wisdom and respecting nature, God's best gift for humankind.

LOVE

Edgar

I like Eastern philosophy - it has a lot of merit. The Greek philosophers incorporated many Eastern beliefs, and they came up with some interesting concepts.

1. profile image0

Me too but I also like what Edgar wrote as well.  It's about Faith.  I especially like his construct about God letting him walk through a twisted path but being okay as long as he still has faith.  It says a lot.

Oh and yeah I would have to agree with you on the Evil thing in short. wink

Thanks, Sandra smile

No problem, Edgar's faith is his own path, but to disrespect other beliefs and accuse them of causing chaos is unfair. I don't like the 'My God is more powerful' implication.

Mind you, we are very close to the East in Greece, so probably have a different perspective smile

1. profile image0

Whaaaa!  LOL, my God will kick your God's butt!  hahahhahahah... I  mean muuuhhahhahahhaaah. *evil laugh* smile

Don't mess with Zeus - he will send a lightning bolt up your ass http://www.bbc.co.uk/606/2/refresh/images/smileys/f_tomato.gif

Couldn't find a lightning bolt smiley, so the Tomato of Hades will have to do http://www.bbc.co.uk/606/2/refresh/images/smileys/f_erm.gif

Zeus rocks. The original Thunder bolt bearer.  Swoon!

I have been told that I look like Zeus.

It was by a drunken goat-herder, but his opinion is diamond. smile

Then I love you Sufi. mwah!

2. profile image0

Whaaa!!! Whateva, I guess no one informed Zeus about grounding electricity.  smile

Thunderbolt bearer - it's the ability to hold the Fire of the divine.  Grounding it and holding it is the ultimate test of a human.  We fail miserably at it.

Zeus has no problem holding the Fire, we mere mortals suck at it!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)