Who has the best argument about God's existence?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 169 discussions (639 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JimLowposted 13 years ago

Evolution Guy, <(Pssssst, there are 100s of other categories of science - just thought I'd let you know that.)

That's exactly the response I expected from you re: the challenge I issued. You are not only incapable but you can't retain enough knowledge in your head to pen down one single Hub-article at HubPages. That places some mighty big suspicion on your "claimed" knowledge of evolutionary theory. Your "235" forum posts and ONLY activity here are like a broken record - repeats continually of the same one-liners, that are mostly little sarcastic cut-down remarks that most of us grew out of participating-in after grade school but seems to be all you are capable-of.

In short, you claim to be an authority on evolution and have Charles Darwin as your avatar, rather than your self but you are a fake.

As far as my debate of evolution having been stated in-detail, I just counted and I have "36" (thirty-six) Hubs out of 264, specifically about my opinions as to why evolutionary theory, "as it is proposed", is not reliable and in pointing out specific problems with it. I've also repeatedly brought up specific disagreements I have with it in these forum-threads on the subject.

Your posts have NEVER been about specifics.

Also: that "jeebus" character you pay homage to or at least use as a crutch to avoid intelligent posting, deserves to be made fun of. He's not my jeebus, no matter how much wishful-thinking you might place on it. He's another figment derived from your fragmented, disconnected imagination.

One more thing: There have been hints here and there from you, earnesthub and others that place blame on the God you don’t believe-in, for the bad things that happen in the world, such as kids who die from disease, etc.... Does this possibly reveal anger toward God and the hateful outward disagreements toward others is a cover for that?

If you don’t believe in God, who or what would you blame for the terrible things happening in the, world? If God doesn’t exist, is evolution responsible for it??

I’ve already answered this one several times after it was used as some type of attempt to prove there is no God, repeatedly but I’ll mention again because it has also been used since. - Mankind was given absolute, complete and total authority over this earth/world. He obviously indulges in hateful, murderous, violent acts against his own mankind. This causes reciprocal occurrences in the world he has been given authority over. The world even has a term for it – “what goes around comes around”. The Biblical term is “sowing and reaping”.

The Noah flood is often cited as a way to say “God kills his own children if he doesn’t like them” but there was a great deal more to that story than most people have attempted to understand. There is reference to the fact that things such as beastiality and human sacrifice of people’s own children was taking place (having their sons or daughters to “pass through the fire”). There were many other things as well and in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah, the angels that came to remove lots family before these cities were destroyed, had the men of those cities coming to Lot’s home and demanding the opportunity to rape the angels (hence the term “sodomy” was born). If you believe what scripture states, God waited a very long time before he acted on these thiings (Bible says "he was longsuffering").

If you want to blame someone for the evil (oh excuse me, I mean the “bad”) that is occurring in the world, your finger should be pointed at mankind for the corruption he has created in it, of his own choice (free will).

I personally believe this will all change some day, other people have no hope for a change and others could not care less whether it does or not.
    I believe I’ll stay with the hope and faith option.

Now if you still don't care to post your specifics in regard to evolutionary theory, I'm sure we can expect more of the brilliant cut-down remarks and toddler-sarcasm-talk.

Go ahead if that's all you're capable of... have a party!

1. Evolution Guy profile image57
      Evolution Guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lolol

Wow! - All those words to demonstrate the fact that you have mistaken a scientific theory for a philosophy.

I will continue to laugh at you all the time you are so condescending and ignorant. And I use the term "ignorant," in the correct sense of the word.

"Evolution," is not "responsible," for all the terrible things in the world. It is a proven occurrence that involves adaptation to change.

Unfortunately for you - it also demonstrates the fact that humans "evolved," into their current physical state, rather than having been "created" by the invisible super being in His image.

Awww! Does that mean Jeebus didn't do it? Yup !  lol lol

And yes - attacking my personal disbelief in your ridiculous god is not really helping to persuade me you understand science - any science.

I am sorry you are apparently incapable of understanding science - but attacking it in this fashion is not really doing much good.

Any time you have some evidence that dis-proves evolution - or even a reasonable alternativ that does not involve faith,  I am absolutely certain you and I will be famous and rich.

Once again Jimmy diddle - the onus is on you.

Do not sluff off the challenge. Do you have anything at all?

Love the passive/aggressive attacks on anyone who does not beleeb in Jeebus by the way - very christian. Now you can claim "Unprovoked attacks!!! and Persecution!!!"

2. profile image0

Don W,

Sorry to not find your post previously.

Thanks for the intelligent debate, considerably stated!

I actually agree with you that the intelligent design doesn't prove a particular supreme being, such as the God of the Bible. That aspect is where personal faith comes-in.

I do however at the same time believe that recognition of design has several types of terms placed on it and so if you'll excuse the term, becomes a "semantics argument" in many cases, at some stage of debating the subject.

I believe some of the aspects of what some of us recognize as intelligent design, that also strongly reveals meaning and purpose to life are the co-occurring environments, atmosphere, rainfall, regulation of ocean tides, proper earth rotation, exact distance from the sun, changes of seasons that repeat life-cycles etc... These aspects show that it wasn't just the living things that came into existence, whether recognized from evolutionary standpoint or creationism but also the things needed for them to subsist.

Some of us cannot see these things occurring in-sync without purpose because an impersonal evolution would not attend to making sure all of these things were in place for the living things. It would require intelligent design.

Charles Darwin himself, in his very recently published autobiography (authorized by his son) states that because of this unison of all things working together (not his exact words but close) that he considered himself a "theist", hence the category of evolution - "Theistic Evolution". Darwin did also admit he had reservations about the Christianity he once held-to and so also stated himself to be an agnostic. Theist and agnostic together implies belief in a deity but that the person has yet to fully recognize who that deity is.

3. earnestshub profile image85
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

What is intelligent about basing all your beliefs on a pile of ancient indecipherable hateful garbage, and then challenging the millions of interlocking pieces of evidence from thousands of sources with that alone as your belief system?

The justifications for the contradictions in these hate filled tomes is so convoluted and impossible that it even makes the bible itself look less of a myth! Grow up, get over yourself and escape your indoctrination.
    Your christian niceness is a bit thin when you lie straight out about the supposed lack of substance in the opposing posts.

None so blind etc...

4. IntimatEvolution profile image72
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Mark Knowles.lol

I love that guy, and he knows it so I don't he'd mind it too awful much, if I suggested that he would be to go to man.  I always find it interesting an atheist perception of God.  Many of their arguments, in all actually for me- tells me that something really wonderful, loving, and gracious gave us all the breath of life.
    Just look at how intelligent he is, as for myself, only God could have created such a wonderfully, bright man.
    Peace.

5. profile image0

ernie,

(I'll call you that even if you might be someone else. Same goes for "Evolution Guy")

I hope you didn't exhaust too many brain cells with that intriguing post that exactly repeats every other post you've written.

That broken record needs fixed badly.

1. earnestshub profile image85
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Low Jim. (I'll call you that every time you try to escape the truth by using vaguely disguised personal attacks.)  smile

2. earnestshub profile image85

And you condescending holier than thou attitude is a pain in the ass! smile
      Just because you can't ram your rubbish down my throat does not speak of how many brain cells I have, but it does say something about you. lol

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi earnest ! big_smile

Hiya Tantrum! Nice to see! smile

I had some surgery. Now I'm a woman I'm afraid ! lol

Don't be afraid! I know a lot of women, they are just like men only prettier and smarter! smile

Nice name Elisa. smile

thanks, my friend ! smile smile smile

6. getitrite profile image73
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

OK.  Let's assume that evolution is just another theory. That still doesn't prove that Christianity makes any sense. Christainity is still absurd just by observing the actual science that we do know to be factual.

7. wavegirl22 profile image38
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

the sun and the moon and the stars up above

8. XC Runner profile image60
    XC Runnerposted 13 years ago

Haha, well if I believe in Christianity, and at least if I'm right I'm going to heaven and you can just have a Hell of a time in purgatory. I just look at it this way, Christianity gives me morals and values that the other stuff wouldn't give me so even if I'm not right at least I have lived a good life of loving and forgiving others.

9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 13 years ago

The fact that we still discuss it over and over for thousands of years. All you who don't believe we know you do want to believe but you're holding out for church cookies and cupcakes. C'mon you know you want to! We love you and I promise no one will make fun of you for being slow! C'mon it's allways better when you're there.

10. earnestshub profile image85

Elisa, your daughter rocks! smile

11. profile image0
    EnglishMposted 13 years ago

My reply to the original: Who has the best argument for the existence of God, using logic? I think my interpretations... Is There Anybody Out There, etc. are worthy of consideration.

12. profile image0

Ernie,
    You who call youself a "sexist pig" and who in an earlier post said "there's not such thing as too much dope" (responding to a post where someone said they were using too much), anyone can go back through each and every "Religion & Beliefs" forum thread and they can see exactly where the attacks began and who started the condescending and self righteous type posts. If anyone questions where they started, that's exactly what I suggest they do. The record speaks for itself and it's too late now to edit those to make it appear it was the other way around.

Evo Guy,
    I've already met the challenge repeatedly, you are the one that has dodged it and that too is in the permanent record! So keep hiding behind the sarcasm because that's all you've got (you too Ernie).

There's another poster here that absolutely turned loose with one of the most severe attacks against God-belief and Christianity or whatever category you might add that implies faith in a supreme being that I have yet seen (including all posts by Evo Guy & Ernie). What's totally strange about this is the fact that this same person commented on one of my Hubs, expressing unmoveable faith in God just a few months ago. What an incredible turn-around! Don't press me about who that was or I might actually post their replies side by side to show what I'm talking about (bizzare!).

Also, I've been eluding this, kind of dancing around it a bit but since "Mark Knowles" was brought up again just a few posts previous I need to say that I believe he is appearing as MANY different members. It would almost be humorous to place all of the avatars on one page, I think some people would be surprized at how many there are and at how many of you are actually MK himself.

How in the world does he have time for all of this!? Is he independantly wealthy? On disability? Still living at home with mama? Why does he feel playing on a level field with the rest of us by having one membership as stated in HubPages policy is not enough advantage for him? With all of this how does he have even one cronie willing to follow him?

There's more here than meets the eye but my suspicion is that the mystery is going to continue.

I created lots of Hubs from my own posts here, so thank you Ernie and Evo Guy for that inspiration (really!). Lots more to come!!!

LOLOL

Jimmy-bob,

Saying you have met the challenge when you have not is actually called "lying."

This goes against my personal moral code, but I know that your religion encourages this. Too bad - it puts a lot of people off. wink

If you have proven evolution to be wrong - I take it there is some sort of atheist conspiracy to cover up this new "science"?

As I have repeatedly tried to explain to you - saying something is so will not make it come true. No matter how hard you prey to jeebus. Sorry. sad

So - any time you have something apart from the ridiculous nonsense in your hubs - come on back y'all.

Any time Jimmy-bob, any time........

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lucky for me there are a wealth of other folks who can very much understand my position in what "I" believe and do not try to take what "I" believe and group it into a one world religion that doesn't allow my independence. 

Sorry you think that I had a sudden change of heart because of Mark.  Your assumptions are absolutely incorrect and I stand by my personal spiritual beliefs however after a couple years of people telling me that what I believe is wrong or that god does not love me or that I am lost and confused or that god is okay with allowing some people to murder and the many "vile" things that have come out of the mouths of a lot of Christians on hp and in the real world I came to believe something else.

What I believe now is that what I believe is for me and for me only because what I believe gives me peace and helps me be more self aware, independently strong and able to handle my life in a more appropriate way.

So till this day I do say God bless you, or blessings and even still talk about Jesus and God but these days using the word god is something that I do when I am certain that the person I am talking to understands that what I believe God to be is personal and we have a mutual respect that goes without saying and neither do we argue what god is, nor do we try to tell each other what is right or wrong but we do discuss things in a reasonable manor which allows us to learn from each other because those who I have become great friends with who I do trust with my life, know that we are equals in every respect.

So I regret having made any comments on your hubs if what you chose to do with them is use them against my character in an attempt to try and "prove" that what you believe is the truth.

That is a typical christian thing to do... I am not a christian if I had to identify with anything religiously related it would be gnosticism but for the most part I am an atheist and have always been.

Just because I find some good things in the Bible and use them and give credit where credit is due doesn't mean that I believe in fairies, santa clause or spaghetti monsters but it does mean that I do believe that there are real people behind every emotion and the what I learn from it is called compassion and empathy better yet, understanding that no matter how alike you want to be to your brothers or sisters, we are all different and our differences are what make us great.

Trying to conform or be replicated is death to the world and a killer to the human spirit.

I relate to people in terms they can understand, what do you do?

13. easy1 profile image59
    easy1posted 13 years ago

God,but he is not talking at the moment.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He is please read my hub reason smile

lol lol lol
        so here you go again !!
        smile smile smile

1. easy1 profile image59
          easy1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your hub reason is not a logical argument for the existence of God,please read my hub about kids fairy stories which is not a logical argument for the existence of Fairyland.smile

lol lol

2. mohitmisra profile image61

Show me a more logical reason please or the best argument about gods existence.

There is no logical reason. wink

This ridiculous precision of revolution, rotation of the earth,

moon and planets for thousands and thousands of years.

Something if not someone has assembled all this.

Based on this accuracy we invented the clock.

What has the capacity to play with or organize such gigantic spheres?

Our solar system is just a small part in this cosmos.

A day consists of 23 hrs 59 min and 56 sec , it clearly a super power who can do such a thing and no human. wink

I try but the real proof which goes beyond any logic is encountering god for yourself- enlightenment.smile

I was an atheist but today I know this entire cosmos is fully alive and not dead like we like to think. smile

Nonsense. Demonstrating an ignorance of science is not a good argument Mohit.

And who said the cosmos was dead?

The cosmos is vibrantly, obviously alive.

But intelligent enough to not be able to get the earth to spin at exactly 24 hours intervals?........

Which part was non sense?

We are trying to find intelligent life or extra terrestrial life in this cosmos, are we not?

SCIENCE sends out radio signals hoping to make contact, hoping to get a reply.

The cosmos is vibrantly, obviously alive.
                    You said it and this supreme intelligence and aliveness is god - thank you.smile
                    God is omnipresent. smile

14. RossMc profile image60
    RossMcposted 13 years ago

You can't prove, validate or disqualify a belief. And even if you could would it make a difference? A belief is like a pair of glasses you use to make sense out of "chaos". Thus one thing I can prove is that you must have a believe. And even about God...

Take care, nice question!

Ross

15. profile image0

Evo Guy,

I let my Hubs stand as my debate against evolutionary theory. Lots and Lots of pages there! In fact I have ebooks published on the subject at Amazon as well.

Where are your pages and pages of defense for evolution?

They don't "exist".

Sorry you are unable to understand.

Allow me to explain it again:

Evolution has been proven to happen. And the theory has been tested but remains. By people other than myself. Your meaningless religionist ramblings do not disprove it. Nor does you Amazon ebook. wink

Once again - the onus is on you to disprove it- until such times as you do that, it will stand. I will leave you with a quote from a recent comment on Mark Knowles' hub left by a christian, Chef Jeff http://hubpages.com/profile/Chef+Jeff who explains why the onus is on you and what you need to do:

http://hubpages.com/hub/creation-v-evolution

Let us know when you can comply with the scientific method and I will stop laughing at you. Until such times..........

16. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 13 years ago

On the front page of Yahoo News today, humans are still evolving today:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091023/ap_ … e_overhaul

This evolution has been detected since only 1948.  That's how fast the human race can evolve folks.

You can deny it but we are still evolving.  But, again, it doesn't mean religion doesn't exist.

17. profile image0
    EnglishMposted 13 years ago

A sperm cell fertilises an egg cell, that's creation. Everything from there on is evolution.

18. profile image0

Sandra,

These threads have been converted, diverted or whatever word you choose (hijacked) to appear they were about religion(s) and we who've answered about our belief in God have done so because we've been placed in that position...repeatedly.

Evo Guy (boy, girl or whoever you really are),

Your posts are such repeats you can simply write "ditto my other posts" in each one and save some time.

Also, I believe there has been a musunderstanding throughout all of these threads. First of all, I have stated REPEATEDLY in past hubs going back two years that there is indeed a degree of adaptivity and change-with-time that occurs with living things. What I don't believe is the advancement of one species to another. << (My exact statement in a number of hubs.)

Secondly, YOU CANNOT "observe" evolution. It is a process proposed to take millions of years for even the tiniest changes to occur. When scientists say they are "observing" evolution in cell studies of DNA and protien or "cell evolution", this is a conjecture because cells already mutate and change within their created-bounds, during their cell lifetimes.

It's similar to how complex cell animals, humans would be in that category, change over a lifetime. They get older, become gray-haired, wrinkled, loose productivity of sex organs, etc, etc, etc, etc... Afterward they die just as simple cells do.

What have some of my major arguments about the accuracy of evolutionary theory been beside what I have just mentioned? It has mainly been with the fact that ALL OF THE LOWER species that are proposed to have evolved are still here! The "common ancestry" explanation would also have to mean that "natural selection" took every single species which would have ALL HAD COMMON ANCESTRY and it coincidentally dropped all of the subtle-change in-betweens and kept only the beginning-species and ending-species. That's simply too-convenient for evolutionary theory.

Why do I look at that aspect more that all others (I disagree with lots more aspects of the theory)? Because it is the one with the most astronomical problem and the "missing links" are actually entire chains that are missing.

Why do anthropologists (study of humans) only find the missing links relating to man that are of species that are arguably fully-ape? Even the Ardi 4.4-million year old fossil is still being argued as to whether it's in the human or ape branch of common ancestry.

Why are fossil that are far-less aged and that reveal an indisputable ape-man species not being found? Why did the only proposed ones found consist only of fragments (jaw fragment, single teeth) and the less-aged fossils, say from 100,000 years ago are not being found? These should be the easiest ones to unearth and we should be up to our eyeballs in huge numbers of subtle-change ape-to-human species.

Where are they?

The Ida fossil is 47-MILLION YEARS OLD and they created a catalogued species from it due to it missing a toilet claw (actual-term) and incisor teeth. It is not an ape species but a lemure, yet proclaimed as a missing link of evolution starting from single-cells to humans.

Evolutionary theory has tremendous amount of guesswork in it. Scientists who are evolutionists even disagree among theirselves as to the age of them and what they actually represent (conjecture and "interpretation"). It used to be believed that evolution was a 65-million year process, later changed to believe it occurred within 4.4 billion years. I saw a Carl Sagan film that claimed 6-billion years!

Evolution an exact and precise science...absolutely not!!
    The fact that someone chooses to adhere to the theory doesn't make it more accurate, just as people believing in God does not prove his existence (I never said it did but I certainly believe and so did Charles Darwin).

19. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 13 years ago

Sandra, do you think it is compassionate or empathetic to refer to the God other people worship as a fairy or a spaghetti monster?

That's rather insulting.

1. profile image0

Well I do feel sorry for anyone who believes that god is a fairy, super human being with special magical powers and or spaghetti monsters.  Why, do you believe that god is a fairy or monster?  smile

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will not dignify that with an answer except to say that I also don't appreciate the paternalistic bigotry that comes across.

1. profile image0

Really because I don't appreciate trying to be tripped up because my thoughts and opinions differ from yours or that you continuously make assessments of me in an attempt make it look like I am an immoral, unethical, non compassionate human who doesn't understand the complexities of life in general.  I also don't appreciate any attempt at making me look as though I am a liar or some sort of devils advocate because I think that a belief in things that don't exist are foolish.

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually you believe in the invisible super butcher. smile

And no, it is not insulting, it is just THE TRUTH, just read your book carefully. smile

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't appreciate the accusation that I haven't read the Bible carefully just because I disagree with the literal and out of context interpretation I find too many atheists are overjoyed to take.

20. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

You know, if a spaghetti monster came by with a bowl of penne with vodka and prosciutto sauce, I would believe in them.

1. profile image0

I would probably beg too! big_smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's so close to dinner here that your spaghetti monster got me thinking about pasta dishes!

But fine, the rest of you can go back to fighting about God or existence of or nonexistence of tongue

21. Flightkeeper profile image66

Or a bowl of spaghetti carbonara

22. profile image0

Not only insulting and a "generalization" of everyone who believes in God (that would include Charles Darwin- father of evolutionary theory) but the spaghetti monster anology keeps reappearing.

It's an MK creation that keeps being repeated by those who think it's an "awesome" and "hilarious" thing to say.

That last poster may actually be yet another MK creation (seriously).

1. profile image0

So you are saying what I believe is not worthy of appreciation?  Hum...need reprove?

23. Flightkeeper profile image66

Oh good grief, I am not MK.

24. profile image0

Sandra,

I'm not playing a game with you I promise but I didn't quite understand that question.

Do I believe beliefs should be appreciated? Absolutely and respected as well regardless of who holds them.

I've been accused of attacking atheists but what has really occurred is that I've been defending my positions because they've been attacked. Look through the thread and it's very apparent where attacks and need for defence was started.

I would like for one of these threads to have been simple intelligent discussion and heated-but-respectful debate but it's just not going to happen. We did try though didn't we?

1. profile image0

I suppose I cannot understand why a belief in something that a person so strongly believes as the truth, needs defense? 

You said to Mark, why don't you write a bunch of pages defending evolution?  (not word for word but this is what you basically said)

... because truth doesn't need defending....right?

So from my heart to yours. God bless and this is a love that comes from myself.  Jesus can tell you he loves you himself. wink

25. profile image0

justintimee,

I agree 100%, existence itself is the evidence but what comes repeatedly following your type statement is "just because you believe, doesn't mean it is true or that God exists". It is incredible that "created things" do not recognize their existence as being too well designed, purposed and having meaning, to have happended simply due to a serious of unguided events and chance-happenings but they do (not to mention the whole thing got started with a "big bang")!

If evolution is solely responsible with having also similtaneously evolving all proper atmosphere and environment for all living things, it is one smart cookie! (How's that for an anology!)

26. profile image0

I look at it this way Sandra:

People like topgunjager, who started this thread specifically asked what believers in God, see as evidence for it.

When people ask, we try to accomodate them if possible and the best we can. The same can be said of an evolutionist who wants to convince others of it or who wants it taught more extensively in schools. Are these not similar attempts to share views by both sides?

Also, the challenge has continued to be presented by non-believers who really don't want more proposed proof or views offered by God-believers but it still needs responded-to or it appears we're leaving people like topgunjager who is trying to consider both sides, out in the cold.

Do we not answer our best when we are asked for our view on something?

Jesus has told me many times that he loves me and has saved my life a few times as well < do realize however that these are the very type statements that bring-in the attacks.

1. profile image0

Not really because evolution deals with things in the real physical world. Things that kids need, yes need to learn and should be better taught because from the many examples listed from "believers" about evolution it is amazingly apparent that many people don't even have a basic understanding of what evolution is.

It's being confused with religion based type of thinking which confuses the understand very much and I believe this happened because either extremely intelligent or extremely ignorant religionist knew that they will have to take back a lot of things they have preached as the truth.

... he told me he loves me too wink So are you surprised at my reaction to anyone who says anything on the contrary?  But let me guess... it wasn't Jesus right? 

And there you go. smile

Well low jim (I will continue to call you low jim as long as you continue to use slimy childish name calling hoping to support your crazy beliefs, write hubs and make comments that abuse the truth.) smile

You straight out lie about evolution and try to support your dross with puerile attacks on other people with no regard for truth. You really are a piece of work!

27. profile image0

Thanks Ernie-boy I consider that a compliment.

Glad to oblige low jim! lol
      By the way, have you stopped beating your wife?

1. Cagsil profile image77
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can see you're having fun as usual.

lol  lol  lol

Sure Cagsil! Nice to see you. We got us a right one ere! lol

1. profile image0

I don't know why but every time I see cagsil I think of vagisil... no offense. lol

None taken.

I don't get offended.

2. Cagsil profile image77

Don't you mean ----> we have a live one here?

lol

28. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Who is Vagisil? wink

And, hello to you too? Misha.

I think.

lol

Misha please wake up!(shakes Misha) You are writing in your sleep again! smile

Or at least with eyes closed?

3. profile image0

Not who is. What is. http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/12646/200.jpg

lol   lol

1. profile image0

Thought you would laugh. smile

Just for that....I'm your fan now.

lol

1. profile image0

Oh yeah, just for that I am your fan now. smile  Love people from Mass.  Never met one yet I didn't like.

Well, I've many I don't like.....lol

And, thank you.

29. profile image0

Sandra,

Not a trick question I asure you but just wondering who Jesus is to you. You've mentioned Jesus and his love for you and so I was curious as to your view of him.

Thanks.

1. profile image0

What would it change?

30. profile image0

Aha! - ernie-boy you snuck the "beating your wife" comment into your post later, you sneaky boy! Actually she beats on me once in a while (just kidding).

31. profile image0

Sandra,

Nothing if you don't want it to and feel free not to answer, I won't be offended. It was purely curiosity on my part because I learn from other people and enjoy hearing their views. Nothing more.

32. Cagsil profile image77
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey JimLow,

Looks like you killed the discussion?

lol

just kidding

33. profile image0

Not intentionally but I think you're right.

34. earnestshub profile image85

Yeh that's right! The whole world revolves around him! lol

35. profile image0
    NateGateposted 13 years ago

I have read on this website for a long time and decided to join tonight. I came to see these postings on religion and have to say this is the strangest one Ive seen. You have people asking others to answer why they believe in god and then they are lambasted when they answer like you asked them to. That seems schizophrenic.
    The guy who started the posting subject was asking for people to offer their answers to his question about god but the unbelivers in god seemed to be afraid of their answers. I lean toward believing in god because the answers from those who do were the better ones. Evolution isn't that connected to believing or not believing god I don't think. I haven't ever seen it as something that takes away from one or the other.
    I think these guys who keep making their postings to Jimlow secretly admire him. I liked a lot of his statements. The lambasting that's gone on in the postings didn't help iether side one bit.

You either ! You don't help a bit! Go and write a hub !

I have been around here for a while and I think your full of it! (religion that is! smile

36. profile image0

I guess I scared you with that one. tantrum your the one that said you had a sex change right-?

lol lol lol
      Why would I be scared ? Of what ?
      And I didn't have a sex change.
      Only an avatar one ! lol

37. profile image0

NateGate,

I'll say a "welcome!" to you but be warned the immediate attack you just received is just a taste of what you'll get if you stick around here.

(Incredible... even a new member trying to enter a discussion and again attacked.)

I don't think I want to stick around to see more of it. NateGate, Tantrum gave pretty good advice in one sense - stick to writing Hubs. That's what I'm going to do, starting right now.

I leave the thread to the hijackers.

Hijackers being anyone who disagrees with you. Grow up!

Just remember Ernest

Believe in jeebus = loves every one and is open minded.
        Do not believe = hateful unprovoked attacks.

Where is that switch that gets turned on and allows these people to be blind to life? I think indoctrination is a very good way to spread this stuff to those who know little of science. Just one theory. smile

38. earnestshub profile image85

Something may well be behind it Mohit, and I hope nobody believes it is mankind that has designed it. smile
    As for a religious explanation, I prefer to arrive at my consciousness in another way. smile
    When it comes down to belief it is sometimes most important to be able to accept differing views. smile
    I see science rushing ahead to explain life, but I do not see religion doing the same.
    Dogma is a bog hole for some.

You have the intelligence to accept a point of view which some atheist do not. smile

39. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

mohitmisra said:

'A day consists of 23 hrs 59 min and 56 sec , it clearly a super power who can do such a thing and no human.'

no comments

This one has very little intelligence.I am sure you can spin this planet with much more accuracy.

Yes, I know. I can spin this planet with more accuracy. Shame God didn't.

Sure any idiot can spin this planet with far greater accuracy, your intelligence astounds me.

lol lol coming from you, I take it as a compliment ! lol lol lol

You are in your own league, a unique species, such rare intelligence lol lol lol

Now I'm blushing ! Thanks ! lol big_smile

40. tantrum profile image60

@ mohit

“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you.”

You are above me and my enlightenment, book and its rankings are all crap- correct?

YOUR ENLIGHTMENT ???

no comments

On Monday my book "Ponder Awhile" was an award winning finalist in Spirituality-General USA Book News 2009 , please understand there are many connecting with,understanding and appreciating my work. They are connecting to god with my work and that is my very intention, to guide souls and I will do this till the day I die smile

I am guiding you as well and one day you will aprreciate the knowledge I have imparted. smile
          I will try and tickle and instigate everyones souls into action so they awaken to the god in them. smile

Well if this isnot arrogance !!! yikes yikes

Maybe ,instead of 'teaching', you should learn from C.S Lewis.
            As I tried to teach you earlier ?:

“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you.”

41. fatfist profile image75
    fatfistposted 13 years ago

1) You must first DEFINE what "god" is or means.

2) Then you must define what the word "exists" means and show that you can "consistently" apply it to "god" and everything else we can show to exist. If not, then you must create and define another word for exist.

Until then, god does definitely exist without a question. God exists as a concept in our minds just like the number 2 exists. The fact that you can create and reference any word, first and foremost means that it exists as a concept in the mind. If you want to say that it exists elsewhere, then you will have show it.

42. profile image0

I look for new article postings each day and i like what was said in this one I'm posting some paragraphs from.

I have permission from the author and might be something else for the man who started this topic to see as proving god.

~there are lots more beautiful, tasty varieties in addition to those mention in this article-title. There are also those tantalizing varieties that include various types of grapes, red, white and purple colored ones. There are many delicious berry varieties as well such as blueberries and strawberries. Another favorite of mine is pineapples.

These fantastic food sources are absolutely delicious, nutritious and obviously meant for food for living things, including humans. How can one look at these offerings made by the earth and not see that they are there purposely to feed us? They are ingeniously incased in protective skins and hanging from trees, bushes and plants as-if being offered.

If one cites evolution as the reason for these things existing, why would it have the ability, if it is simply an impersonal process to not only evolve living things but also these wonderful foods to feed them? Some might respond by saying that it’s because evolution takes huge expanses of time therefore things adapt to their environment over many millions of years. I would respond by saying – How does that change the fact if it were true, that these things aren’t obviously here to sustain the life of other living things? If a process accomplished this, how did it know to do so?

Another question would be – If all things evolved from single cells, what were some of the less advanced stages/species of apples or oranges? Were apples perhaps small berries on plants or bushes at one time? If so, does that mean they too have common ancestry with berries, since both apples and berries still exist today?~

Its good points for not having unbelief in god I would think.

43. profile image0

I've read some of the recent posts and some interesting things were mentioned.

Ernesthub, you stated in regard to Mohit's post on the subject of the planet having a designed timing that "there may very well be something behind it". I realize you are in no way espousing to a religion...really I do but I thought you were dead-set against belief in God of any kind (supreme being, intelligent designer or by whatever other name). Did I misunderstand that? I'll have great respect for your answer if you leave sarcasm out of it.

(Also: When I referred to the "hijacking" I wasn't talking about the disagreements. I actually think they help bring perspective [have always said that]. I was talking about the posts at the time that were off-subject {see posts approx. 241 through 280} which included discussion on Vagisil etc... People always disagree, I fully expect it and always have.)

Anyway, I also liked the mention earlier about there being "no such thing as a non-existing concept". I also wrote a Hub that contained a lot of thought in this area sometime ago. It's absolutely true. You cannot create a "new concept" because there's no such thing. Something either exists or there's no concept that exists for it. Try to come up with a completely new concept and you'll find it impossible.

You can take what already exists and change a perception of it or even pervert the meaning of it but that's not really a new concept, it's simply rearranged. Example: "spaghetti monster" < there are what we call monsters (deformed or scary creatures) and spaghetti is made from gluten/wheat - food.

Even if you used a computer chip as being a new concept, it's really not because calculating numbers or storing and dispensing knowledge of whatever type has always been around (even if it's a simple as seeing three apples on a tree).

I'm repeating but you cannot make up a new concept because we only conceive of things that are already in existence. This includes man, God, tools, machinery, animals - whatever you can think of. This isn't a philosophical view it's simply a fact.

44. tantrum profile image60

they do not

45. aware profile image66
    awareposted 13 years ago

hi tantrum you love this topic it seems . seems i do too. lol

Hi! I've been out all day long. So now I'm chilling out in here ! big_smile

2. tantrum profile image60

Because it makes us aware !! big_smile

1. aware profile image66
        awareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

im not so sure of that this topic confuses people and divides them . arguing god ideas i think is a futile pursuit. the topic of god ideas shouldn't be argued in my opinion . it should be entertained  . . i love god ideas . im not the type of person that demands proof. or needs it really . im a dreamer.

It makes us aware of the foolishness around us big_smile

1. aware profile image66

so god ideas are foolish? i agree many seem to be. but mine i think of as poetry.  granted there most likely fiction . but there original . my god ideas are mine alone i made them up myself. no one shares them and i like it that way. do you have god ideas?

I wasn't talking about your ideas ! R U touchy tonight! ! Relax ! Peace ! Please !!
              Making jokes as always. I was. Foolish ideas are all over the place. I think ? ? yikes

1. aware profile image66

tantrum if i may say this.i checked in on forum   kinda hopeing to see you posting when i finaly saw you were . i smiled big i think your a great conversationalist and enjoy  chating with you . you are my fave hubber  . and always feel free to speak your mind with me.    i think your the coolest

I think you're a nice person, aware, whoever you might be smile
                  I would never say you have foolish ideas.

46. bulletbutter profile image61
    bulletbutterposted 13 years ago

The question is bogus because...

1. Everything we know about God is taught to us by a person (preacher, priest) who in turn learned everything he knows about God from a book that was written by "man".

2. Faith is, once again, a man made emotion (if you could even call it an emotion?). I generally try to stay away from the topic of Faith because it is a paradox. You can say you have faith in something but you can't prove it other than just saying it. Show me what faith is and I might bite. One couldn't though because faith can be misconstrued as several other emotions.

For example, "I have faith in my wife to not cheat on me" can also be typed as "I trust my wife to not cheat on me". Therefore, faith is trust. I challenge someone to define faith without using the word trust. I believe that faith is just a fancy way of saying trust.

3. If you have faith there is a god then you are more than likely saying that you "trust" in the crazy men who pieced together the bible.

I guess though that some people will believe anything they read.

47. Pearldiver profile image71
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Won't it be interesting when the international DNA tracking results are finally collated and we are all found to have descended from the space rocks from another galaxy? (all but a couple or three that could only be tracked to have came from Wolly Mammoths). hmm

So much life has been and continues to be lost; arguing about gods, religion and politics. So many commercial opportunities have and are exploited in the name of the same. So many Fools have shown their wisdom throughout the ages.

'Power over others' has never been as well promoted as it is from the religious perspective. The Sales Dept states that it requires 'Submission' to accept such a doctrine; yet claims that it is actually a 'Power with others' state of mind and living. Is it really an argument about god's existence or is it an argument about choosng to submit verses choosing not to? hmm

48. aware profile image66
    awareposted 13 years ago

well for now the person i am is a tired one its late i have to work tomorrow . and my pillow is calling me .it was nice chating with yah tantrum. . ty very much. goodnight .

49. profile image0

I've resisted for as long as I could but feel it may now be time to point something out. Bare with me as I go through this because I have to describe the pattern that has been going on here.

Several months ago, I posted on a thread that was similar in some respects to this one. Like all others who expressed belief in an intelligent designer, supreme being or God if you will, I was lambasted by one "Mark Knowles" (MK). He was especially vile toward those who expressed Christian Faith and Biblical beliefs.

Very shortly following that I began to receive comments on Faith based Hubs I was writing and those on Bible subjects from several "unregistered" people who were posting their disagreements in very similar ways, using almost identical phrasing, etc.... I also immediately thought the rants the person put in their comments sounded amazingly similar to those directed at me by MK previously. Because of these being continued as almost exact repeats (like you see in this thread), I began to disallow them.

This sent the individual who posted under several names to become enraged and his rants started including incredibly vile language. I came very close to reporting it to HubPages Admin but just let it go. When the mystery poster knew his comments would no longer be allowed he eventually stopped attempting them. While it was happening, I showed the comments to some family members and each one responded the same way, saying "this individual is sick" (true story).

I also saw where another individual here had similar experience and he too pointed out MK as his suspected culprit. Now a third individual actually posted a thread specifically about MK, something to the effect "he's at it again". We really can't say if MK is actually his name but the individual in question, whoever he really is, has posed as many different members, in particular in this thread, he is "Evolution Guy". I very strongly suspect that "ernesthub" may also be MK.

One poster on this thread who brought up a favorite analogy of MK's in which he compares God to the "spaghetti monster" had me saying that I suspected they were MK as well and their response - "oh good grief I'm not MK". << How did they know, when I used only the "MK" initials, who I was talking about? The response should have been - "Who's MK?" if that is not who they were.

I have NEVER seen an individual literally dedicate their life to attacking faith beliefs and to go to these lengths to do so. This goes beyond normal debate, even from someone strongly opposed. He apparently feels he needs the advantage but something is terribly wrong when it becomes that important. It really indicates a struggle rather than a disagreement.

Some might accuse me of centering too much on my Faith-beliefs but my posts number just over 100, when MK's (or whatever his real name is) number in the 1,000s, especially when you add all of his personas together. I have 100s of online articles and possibly 20% are on Faith or Bible subjects.

What harm does it do that MK has resorted to this? For one thing, it reaches a point to where you really aren't sure who is a legitimate member or who is another MK persona. Some of course you can easily tell are not him but others will remain questionable.

There are other members who actually glorify MK despite the weirdness and bizarre behavior as though they are impressed by it or possibly they just don't want to be on the receiving end of the attacks. I also believe he has set a new precedence and cronie-type people are emulating his style of attacks (if ernesthub is not another MK a.k.a., he has certainly picked-up on his style). Both Evolution Guy and ernesthub have stated to me "I'm going to continue to make fun of you." < (both more than once - so very similar)

How else do I know about some of MK's personas? Because people he apparently revealed his other member-names to either on other forums or by email have referred to him a number of times, as he was posting under these other a.k.a.s. Evolution Guy for example has been referred to as "Mark" and "Marc" a number of times, even within this thread. MK is not only laughing and feeling accomplished for what he has been directing at people of faith but he's also laughing at the people who are sucking-up to him.

I've gone through all of this because I believe it has been harmful in many ways and an insult to other members here. It would also be understandably difficult for HubPages Admin to take control of for a number of reasons.

All I can say is that it takes a great deal more than just "disagreeing" to cause someone to resort to this type thing in my opinion.

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, he isn't - conspiracy theories abound.

Most people who frequent the forums know who 'MK' is - I even call him that myself, on occasion. Another weak assertion. BTW, Mark Knowles is a real person - stop with the conjecture - he is not Richard Dawkins' alter-ego lol

Not that there are any fundamentalists using multiple accounts - one recently admitted to having seven.

I am sure that a strong-minded individualist like Earnest will really appreciate being called a 'cronie' [sic]

Perhaps people picked up on his style of writing - not difficult. I did, and I am not the brightest person smile

Appeal to emotion - perhaps you should give up the amateur psychology - you are really not very good at it. What you mean by 'It would also be understandably difficult for HubPages Admin to take control of for a number of reasons.' is: 'Please stop the nasty atheists persecuting me.' That is so thinly disguised and, to be honest, lame. 

All in all, a very ill-considered post - full of rather nasty insinuations and accusations built upon conjecture. That is such a barely concealed passive-aggressive attack that it goes way beyond the pale.

Everything you say here could also be directed at some of the fundamental brethren who are only interested in spreading insults and belittling others. Personally, I dislike extremism and tend to stay away from the religion forums, but the nastiness is not confined to 'atheists,' by any stretch of the imagination.

Next time, perhaps you should keep your half-baked conspiracies to yourself before 'pointing' something out.

On the other hand, perhaps I am also MK lol After all, I once said to somebody,"I'm going to continue to make fun of you." What more proof do you need lol

2. aguasilver profile image69
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take heart Jim:

Matthew 5:10-12 (King James Version)

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13Blessed are they which are persecuted for the sake of a martyr complex, even when such persecution is entirely a figment of their own imagination.

lol   lol

1. topgunjager profile image61
            topgunjagerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There you go, you said it yourself, "FEAR" nice way to have the people believe=)

1. r2moo2 profile image59
              r2moo2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Err... actually the original word in Hebrew is reverence, not fear.

English language just got it wrong.

Oh yeah?
                Is this about "reverence. It is about fear brother, and I can show hundreds of examples of it. smile

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD.  "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die.  I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD.  "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship.  I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear.  For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars.  They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too.  So now I will destroy them!  And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do.  They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings."   (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)
                What a neurotic puerile little god!

Hey Earnestshub,

What's up young man?

Did you come to join the conversation and not start any trouble?....lol

Hi Cagsil. smile
                    You know me, I only respond to insults and idiocy badly. smile

2. r2moo2 profile image59

Hm... if its possible, try to take the translations from the Kings James Version, or New King James Version.

KJV is a little more accurate because of transliteration, while NLT is just translation.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about Zephaniah when I was talking about Proverbs. Was just correcting some translation differences.

2. Sufidreamer profile image80

Wow - I didn't realise that I was such a source of scriptural inspiration. I could swear that I wrote a slightly sarcastic quote, but it has transmogrified into Biblical wisdom.

It's a miracle!

You're right! LOL

Kind of funny how this is turning out.

It did become a bit of a farce - we will probably look back at it and laugh in a few months time.

Looks like things have returned to normal, for a while big_smile

Ya... trying to return the thread to its intended question. LOL

It might last for a few pages before the abuse starts again.

As to the original question - I have absolutely no idea!

TO me it looks like the ONLY reason someone started this thread was to makes some fun out of believers, which is OK, I guess we get used to that, and in reality, I'd be more concerned if people liked me!

James 4:4 (New International Version)
                    You adulterous people, (here we are speaking of spiritual adultery) don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Yep, God has a word for everyone, even the unbelieving!

Proverbs 3 11-12

My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I am lost in what you are trying to say in all your Scripture quotes, including the previous ones. Seriously.

Maybe I am sleepy or not as intelligent, is there anything you want to say in plain words?

Don't worry about it.....most of what scriptures survived over time were out of context and manipulated by the then 'church', so even those who quote don't really understand it's true meaning....lol

2. Sufidreamer profile image80

Unbelieving? hmm

What relevance do these quotes have to the conversation? hmm

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hundreds of online artikles?

LOLOLOL

And only 20% of them are faith based?

LOLOL

http://hubpages.com/hub/EvolutionThanks … hesBananas
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Problems-with-t … -Selection
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-Evolutionar … Compatible
      http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Response-on- … tion-Forum
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Does-God-Need-to-Prove-Himself
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Christianity-th … ded-People
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Charles-Darwin- … an-Atheist
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-I-believe-S … eve-in-God
      http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Stance-on-Ch … a-Nutshell
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Does-Life-Have- … re-You-Ask
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Evolutionist-Sc … rom-Humans
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Three-Amazing-E … Prophecies
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Theory-of-Evolu … eplace-God
      http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Newest-Hype … -Find-Ardi
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Common-Ancestry … -Evolution
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Rational-Eviden … -Existence
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-the-Theory- … Personally
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Missing-Link-Fo … -Real-Deal
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Most-Forum-Deba … Stalemates
      http://hubpages.com/hub/DarwinFather-of … ry-Part-II
      http://hubpages.com/hub/DarwinFather-of … ory-PART-I
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Fossils-Indispu … ey-PART-II
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Fossils-Indispu … hey-PART-I
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Questions-that- … on-Part-II
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Questions-that- … ion-Part-I
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Article-Series- … d-Part-Ten
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Article-Series- … -Part-Nine

http://hubpages.com/hub/Article-Series- … Part-Eight
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-Life-after-D … -Evolution
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Ben-Steins-Expe … Religulous
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Did-God-All … h-Part-Two
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Did-God-All … to-Slavery
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Did-God-Cal … -of-People
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-I-believe-t … lly-Backed
      http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Age-of-the- … sus-Christ
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Who-the-Bible-Claims-Jesus-is
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Did-God-All … -the-Earth
      http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Supernatura … -God-Today

My oh My - that is not very much faith-based garbage. Oh no. I see - going back through your rantings that the religiosisty has gotten stronger. Prolly as you put more muscle on huh?

I hope that is not down to me pointing  out how stupid your beliefs are?

No?

Good.

Any time you wish to say sorry for attacking me without provocation or proof.

I am here. wink

1. profile image0
        JimLowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Hundreds of online artikles?

LOLOLOL

And only 20% of them are faith based?

LOLOL

My oh My - that is not very much faith-based garbage. Oh no. I see - going back through your rantings that the religiosisty has gotten stronger. Prolly as you put more muscle on huh?

I hope that is not down to me pointing  out how stupid your beliefs are?

No?

Good.

Any time you wish to say sorry for attacking me without provocation or proof.

I am here. wink"

Mark,

Your new post was pointed out to me. You drew me back to this thread.

I would have to have more that 53 articles on faith, evolution and God combined to exceed 20% (you found the 38 I do have). Besides this, I have 100s of health articles apart from those at HubPages, at other content sites.

You and I neither one need an apology (I think you know that).

I've read your links to your real estate, money making and other business articles and I have to admit they are brilliant. Intelligently written and informative, in fact I'm thinking about implementing some of your adsense revenue increasing advice!

I also believe you are brilliant at stirring up controversy and you create huge amounts of page-views with subjects that tweak the curiosity. I suspect HubPages sees the traffic you're bringing in with your networking and their jaws drop to the floor. You also posted the actual links to my articles above and you link to me in one of your Hubs. This actually helps me and I think as it comes full-circle it helps you by your design.

I also saw an interview of you by an executive business site and your education and background is impressive as well.

While I won't offer an apology, I have to admit you're a one-of-a-kind fellow and know how to get us all going. I know of other things you're doing that I haven't quite figured out the purpose of yet but I'll let others figure it out for their selves (very interesting though).

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jim

I did not, have not, and would not make comments on your hubs using fake user names.

You jumped to an unwarranted conclusion and accused me of doing something I did not do.

You owe me an apology.

I wish I could say the same about your writing. wink

Sadly it is largely bigoted, religionist, child abuse written out of fear and hatred of the unknown. I am quite certain you could write really well if you could let go these ridiculous fears.

I drew you back to this thread? LOLOLOLO

Let us be honest here - I would not even be on this thread unless you had falsely accused me of something in public.

But - you go ahead and turn it around to me being the one attacking you without provocation. That is the christian thing to do after all. wink

You guys are very, very good at passive aggressive martyrdom. That is what your book is all about is it not?

50. earnestshub profile image85

hello low jim, I see you decided to hell with the truth, I will make it up as I go along.
    I see you have embarked on a fishing trip to find out who those terrible people are who disagree with you and are conspiring against you.
    I do not believe you received any dirty email from any of the "opposition"
    I know for sure that Mark would not do that, and would be surprised if anyone took you as seriously as you take yourself.  smile
    As for having never seen an attack like this, I will just note that it was you who started the name calling! You handle the truth very carelessly! lol.

Unlike you, most here do not run their lives off the religious forums.
    The length people have gone to to oppose you, is a direct result of what you write obviously, and I have not seen anything unusual about this thread other than you crying foul because you do not like to be wrong. smile

Jim Low ! You're funny! lol lol lol
      I agree with earnest. smile
      THIS IS HILAROUS !!to say the least.
      Wake up ! big_smile
      You're LOW ,aren't you ? lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)