Whom do you say He is?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 69 discussions (331 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Many have different perspectives of Jesus and who He really is and what His message is. I am asking for your opinion on who He is.

Myself I believe He is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I believe he was the perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world and that through Him all can be saved.

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The tooth fairy.

1. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually I'm the tooth fairy. I have been caught at night putting loonies under the kids pillows so they can back me up on this.

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is a human who understood his source to be the Light or god, an enlightened or awakened one. A messenger or prophet who spread knowledge of the light like others have before and after him.

1. Live your life profile image57
        Live your lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus couldn't have been just a prophet, he claimed to be the Son of God, if he wasn't the Son of God he would've commited blasphemy and could not claim to even be a prophet.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

Just a prophet? 

Prophets are the messengers of god.

"I tell ye you are all gods" Jesus

3. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Easter Bunny?

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend SirDent

I don’t agree with you on following points:

1.     Jesus was never a literal Son of God.

2.    He did not die on the Cross; so Jesus rejected this “Christian” concept invented by Paul and the Church.

3.    Jesus’ message was to believe in ONE GOD; he never gave the message of trinity.

4.    Only repentance of the sinner before the Creator- God Allah YHWH; and resolve not do the sin in future, could save the sinner if God Allah YHWH accepts the prayer on His sole discretion and forgives the sinner.

I love Jesus and Mary as I do love Moses and him mother as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have no idea what the lamb of god is all about! In the OT the jewish people sacrificed lambs, who are a symbol of innocence and purity in their looks and behavior. Ever see a lamb close up and how his eyes just faithfully look at you as you shear it. So trusting, etc.
        The OT testament was a type and foreshadowing of the NT, the spirit of the law!
        John the baptist said "behold the lamb of god". Jesus needed to be sacrificed to give opportunity to the world to be forgiven of sin. He became the sin sacrifice. He wept tears in the garden before his betrayal because he knew he would give up the ghost as per the will of the father.
        To say that jesus was not that lamb of god is sacrilege and needs a good rebuking. God is not a liar. Jesus was most certainly that lamb of god.
        I could quote you scripture but im not going to.
        I have spent enough time on this lie as it is.

1. donotfear profile image83
          donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good teaching brother.

2. fred allen profile image61
          fred allenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!

5. exquisitestill profile image61
      exquisitestillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe that He is Christ and Christ alone, I believe that He is Alpha, Omega, and the Holy One. I believe there is NO other God, He is my life.

6. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In the beginning was God...  God said let it be..
      This is the first recorded word of God ...  It is written that Jesus is the word of god.
          The creative power of God is his his WORD. Jesus
           To say that Jesus is the son of God and our saveior ...
      is true  ....  But to define him this way  ?????   is  like saying the beach is a grain of sand,

and his name is WORD.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One can only speak in truth what one knows. I know He is much more than what I said, but I haven't found out what He is in fullness yet. I still have a lot to learn.

He is the redeemer, wonderful counselor, Mighty God, the lily of the valleys, etc. . .

1. Jerami profile image59

SirDent   I didn't intend to sound snooty nor direct my coment towards anyone.
             Just seems that we often argue about some things that are not that important while neglecting things of greater importance.
             Mankind have been adding mandates to the word of God for so long that it is difficult for us to discern between what is really of God and things that are of Man.  ??

1. profile image0

I hear what you are saying, but I believe who Jesus is is very important.

Likewise I didn't mean to argue the point but just to clarify things.

Don't intend to seem like I'm argueing either.
              I agree that it is important to know who Jesus is. 

But when we are having a one on one relationship with him, walking with him, I don't think that names are of great importance to him.Cause he has chosen to walk with us He knows who we are talking to when we are with him.
                  We do have to be clear As to his name when talking to others that they are not confused as to whom we are refering to.   

I've been away for a few days and have a lot to do around the house. Will be checking in from time to time.

2. The Last Quill profile image60
              The Last Quillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SirDent, I admire you for seeking who Jesus really is. To everyone, name is very important, we will do all measure to protect a name, in all sense of the word. You don't let anyone to tarnish your name.

About Jesus,

Luke 3:21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as He was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven “You are my Son whom I love; with You I am well pleased”

God says,He is my son, and well pleased to Jesus.

Jesus or Christ is son of God.

So don't pick on Him or blemish His name as you does not like others pick on your son.

Matthew 20:28  just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

He, Jesus Christ is the total ransom for the forgiveness of sin of many, not everybody.

1. profile image0
                Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No.  He IS the ransom for the sin of everyone.
                He didn't die just for a few, or even "many", but everyone.

Few may choose Him, but the act has been accomplished and the offer is there.

2. Live your life profile image57
          Live your lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is my savior and my friend. There are so many words to describe him, yet none of them ever seem to be enough. He is my life. smile

3. mohitmisra profile image61

Describe god Sir Dent.

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

exactly, Jerami, the Word & Testimony of Elohim.

Name calling is sugar coated cereal for the milk drinkers, guess it helps wash down all that cardboard. Justified by the chaff people chew on. Mmmm, triple fiber! hehe.

Mrs. "Sexton", thank you, I thoroughly enjoy my zealot-heretic deluge. Rain down the Spirit and drown those familiar spirits.

1. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since you are calling me Mrs. Sexton again after I told you not to. shows you like to harass, which is certainly not God's spirit.

You accept part of the Bible but not all..shows again you hold the Christian doctrine.

I have familiar spirits? Need to watch calling what's of God..a familiar spirit..you know Blasphemy...

1. profile image0

Tell me, which part -precisely- do I accept or not accept, please enlighten me.
            Christian doctrine -that certainly seems to explain a lot.
            Indeed, many familiar spirits.
            Blasphemy -gee where have I heard that before- lol.

As for books: you are to learn FROM the Spirit of Truth, not doctrines made up by man. Still you cling to every letter, every word as if it was gospel truth, when the Gospel of Truth warned you not to look at it so. The Scribes and teachers of the Law for thousands of years prove that.
            Foolishness indeed.

Enoch had no bible nor did Job, Elijah, Abram and many more.
            Throw away your resume, it is killing you (plural).
            Elohim doesn't need nor care about it.

Perhaps I am reading all your posts incorrectly, but it appears your banter against the MANY people in here -apart from myself- shows only a need to be puffed up, self-righteous and correct. Everyone agreeing with your interpretation.

Well, now you have their attention, don't disappoint them...

Cheers.

7. mikoas profile image60
      mikoasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you. He is the Christ, I am that I am, Rock of Ages, the only Saviour of the world, The King of kings, the only Lord, the Beginning and the end..................

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please support your view with reason.

8. Davidsonofjesie profile image61
      Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And the angel said unto her,Fear not,Mary;for thou hast found favour with God.And,behold,thou shalt conceive in thy womb,and bring forth a son,and shalt call his name JESUS.He shall be great,and shall be called the Son of the Highest:prince of kings.the frist born of the dead,faithful witness,CHRIST

9. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus for me was a pious human being who preached moral values ..difference between jesus and many other religious figures is his strong adherence to non violence.. like buddha and mahavir swami...he is one of few who are respected world over irrespective of religion...

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I agree.smile

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree too.wink

3. profile image0

Thanks for your response. I hope you get a shiny new nickel for your tooth.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

The second adam; the manifested (making known visibly) the will & testimony of Elohim, who saved (past tense) all mankind -each one who believes.

Today begins the first passover, Sir Dent. Celebrate it.
    break bread and drink wine -in your heart, mind and body, to show remembrance, as he requested.

5. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

The light, the life, and the advocate with the father. The great mediator, and the only path to salvation. He is the only means by which men are saved in God's kingdom.

"When thy eye be single" Jesus
      This is how one saves ones soul and merges with god.Jesus was messenger a guide  ,one needs to follow his instructions.

1. profile image0

Hey..

I agree..

Christ was called the Word because unlike Adam who was formed out of dust....
        He (CHRIST) was spoken into existence. He came from (was created by) the word/mouth of God.

1. profile image51

Hi friends

I agree with debora sexton

Adam and Jesus were both evolved from dust very naturally. Dust gets mould up when wet;it means man can progress.The pecularity of Adam and Jesus was that they attained highest status of receiving Message from the Creator- God Allah YHWH for their people for ethical, moral and spiritual progress.

Thanks

1. profile image0

I didn't say this. Christ was flesh due to Mary..He was created from the spoken word. He was not formed of dirt

1. Danny R Hand profile image60
              Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AMEN

1. profile image0

even still, He IS flesh and bone -though unlike the first, He was manifest THROUGH birth, that from all points shared our likeness and became better than the first Adam, spotless and able to make that sacrifice, intercession, on our behalf. So that when that time came to fulfill the promise, in all points remove those things -body, mind and spirit, that keep us from the Grace (manifest glory) of the Father. So he claimed the birthright -both of law and prophecy- completing the work and ascending to the Fathers hand.
                Now we, through His Testimony & the word -spoken and taught to us by the Spirit sent to teach us, can freely and without fear enter the Holy of Holies, the Mercy Seat, the Throne of Grace, with boldness and confidence/assurance of faith.

Indeed, if our adversary had access to charge against us, the works of sin, how much more access has been granted to us by Him to that perfect Place.

smile

6. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

He is a zombie that rose from the dead, and commanded us to eat his flesh and drink his blood.  Rather unsettling and disturbing.

1. TLMinut profile image62
      TLMinutposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! My son and I both got a kick out of this, hilarious!

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Stabyourface/zombiejesus.jpg

Happy Zombie Jesus Day (Easter)

7. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 14 years ago

The Resurrected Christ!
    Happy Easter !

8. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

A human being with ideals 2000 years ahead of his time and counting.

9. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

A human being with ideas that were twisted by others and used to stall thinking for 2000 years.

Either that or just the product of another great greek story. Who doesn't love a hero?

1. bonny2010 profile image60
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with the first quote - the second one I like the idea - I have always  prefered to think of jesus as a prophet whose works and words have beenused asa form of control by the powerhungry. However I have met some genuine believers whose faith and belief cannot be faulted.

10. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

I'm betting Jesus was sexy, charismatic and totally buff.

big_smile

1. profile image0

lol
      hey, he was into construction for 20+ years, so yeah, he would've been. good call GG.

11. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

There is a homeless guy named Jesus that lives by the railroad tracks. He polishes rocks and hands them out to people. But if you ask for more, he throws them at you and says you are greedy.

1. profile image0
      getmybackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pani, so sad, sad  but a perfect response
      billY

12. Beelzedad profile image57
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

Both the names 'Jesus' and 'Christ' are translations of the word 'Messiah' - it would certainly be a miracle if he was in fact named Jesus Christ.

So, he was probably a myth. Who the heck would name their kid 'Messiah Messiah?'

1. profile image0

He was named Immanuel

He came in God's name (YAH) to tell the people God would save them (SHUA) afterall

His name was called YAHSHUA...his name by birth was Immanuel

1. Beelzedad profile image57
        Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are many Christians who do not believe that for three reasons. Do you know those reasons?

13. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Because they didn't read Isaiah 7?

Have a look at Isaiah 9:6...

"His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

1. profile image0

Those are attributes, not a given name

You say that even though the passage starts out with, "His name will be called..."

Okeedokee...

1. profile image0

The Hebrews attributes put on God were the same way. It was translated incorrectly as names.

When the Hebrew prays..He doesn't say God give me strength (if that's what he seeks)
            He calls out to the attribute in God he seeks
            So God of Strength or God Almighty would be Elohim Gibor.

Just a mistransliteration..

1. profile image0

spot on. one with: "You my Strength".
              David did that a lot.

woohoo!

2. Beelzedad profile image57

So says you?  wink

Btw, mistransliteration isn't a word. smile

2. profile image0

Matthew 1:23
        Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel

John 5:43
        I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. ...

This last ones shows it wasn't his name..

Yet, Mary named him Jesus.

No, it does not. smile

1. profile image0

His name was Immanuel
            He was called Yahshua
            It was translated to Greek as Iesous
            Then to Latin as Jesus

Mary and Joseph named him Jesus, the angels who spoke to Mary never said he would be called Immanuel. Others may have referred to him otherwise later. Sorry to burst your bubble. smile

1. profile image51

Hi friend Beelzedad

I agree with you on that. I don't think anybody called Jesus as Immanuel; not even Mary or the tweleve or others.

I love Jesus and Mary; also I do love Mosed and his mother too.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaaceful Muslim

2. profile image0

Show me.

You haven't burst my bubble.
                See I'm not stupid.

I also read Greek and Hebrew.

I'm so happy for you!  smile

1. profile image0

The English Bible is full of errors...
                    I'm done now..Goodbye

14. profile image0

hello, name above all names, that no one knows but Him.
    big_smile

1. profile image0

????

1. profile image0

rev 19 paragraph 2.
        big_smile

the Father's name is unknown, often referredto as I am I, ehyah asher ehyah. But that isn't his name either. Only an implied title, as with all the 'names of Him'. He doesn't really one. big_smile

ps, Deb, how are you and btw, happy passover!

1. profile image0

His name is YAH..Christ came to teach us his name..that is why he called himself YAHshua..

Saved by God's name.

If the only way we can be saved is through the name above all names..Christ had to tell us God's name.

You must have gotten the verse wrong you gave ..it didn't say anything about the name.

1. profile image0

rev 19.12-13

and He has a title (name) inscribed which He alone knows or can understand.

He is dressed in a robe dyed by dipping in blood, and the title by which He is called is The Word of God.

big_smile

1. profile image0

This is speaking of Christ not God...
              Christ came in his Father's name..He called himself by his father's name..his real earthly name was Immanuel. He was called YAHshua

He is the Word because he was created by the spoken word of God and because he lived by the word and deserved to be given that honor.

Now if you, like the others think God and Christ are the same person....I see what you are trying to say..however they are not the same.

Matthew 1:23
              Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel

John 5:43
              I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. ...

In English..I have come in my Father's name (YAH) and you do not accept me; but if I had come in my own name Immanuel, you would have accepted me.

1. profile image0

hello....

"The Father and I are one", he said.

He is the lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
                The worlds were framed/founded by the word of Elohim.
                The Word became flesh...yahda, yahda, yahda.

Amazing how people are so caught up in title-ship, like used car dealers. Let it go already.If you need to argue the truth, you don't understand the truth. { You meaning plural believers in Him, not Deborah 'Sexton' na mean? }.

Arguing the truth is called religion. see ya soon.

1. profile image0

He meant in one accord. I have already given many verses stating he was not God.

The Word became flesh means that He was not formed from dust..but by the spoken word of God..Plus he completely accepted and acted in accordance with God's word.

Amazing?

2. profile image0

Again:

Did Jesus make such statements regarding his status, the words, the will and the power he used ?

WORDS

"Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His
                  who sent Me." [John 7:16]

"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word
                  which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me." [John 14:24]

"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who
                  sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak." [John 12:49]

WILL

"Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent
                  me, and to accomplish his work." [John 4:34]

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but
                  the will of Him who sent Me." [John 6:38]

"saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me;
                  nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done." [Luke 22:42]

POWER

" I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment
                  is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the
                  Father who sent Me." [John 5:30]

"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master,
                  nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." [John 13:16]

"You heard me say, `I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you
                  loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." [John 14:28]

"Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me,
                  for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord,
                  but he sent me." [ John 8:42]

"To sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for
                  those for whom it has been prepared by my Father" [Matthew 20:23]

KNOWLEDGE

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in
                  heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." [Mr 13:32]

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of
                  heaven, but My Father only." [Mt 24:36]

"So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who
                  sent me" [John 7:16]

STATUS

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the
                  kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." [Mt 7:21]

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of
                  me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. [John 5:37]

"And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good
                  but God alone." [Mr 10:18]

"And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges." [John 8:50]

Some Christians, (not all) claim that Jesus _implied_ that he was God, from the above verses, we see that Jesus denied being God, it now leaves the Christians who believe Jesus is God to provide just one single verse in the Bible where Jesus says "I am God" there is no such verse, the God of Abraham in the Old Testament stated "I am God" over 200 times, yet oddly Jesus never uttered those three words once in the Gospel, so we see from the many quotes above, that the House did not belong to Jesus, it belonged to the One who Sent him.

These are not my opinions but just some of the views taken directly from the scriptutres that clearly show that Jesus and God are different they ARE NOT one and the same. (I have given references so you can check them up for yourself)
                  According to the words of Jesus himself in John 17:3 God is one and only and Jesus is his messenger “that they might know THEE the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”
                  Jesus is the one who prayed and God is the one Jesus prayed to. This is according to Matthew 14:23, 19:13, 26:39, 27:46, 26:42-44 and Luke 3:21, 5:16, 6:12, 9:18, 9:28, 11:1-4, 22:41 and John 14:16, 17:1, 17:9, 17:11, 17:15
                  According to Matthew 26:39, John 5:30 and John 6:38 they have different wills so they must be distinct and separate.
                  According to Mark 16:19 and Luke 22:69 Jesus sat at the right hand of God - two separate beings sitting next to each other
                  Jesus was a prophet (Luke 7:16, Luke 13:33, Luke 24:19 and John 4:19) but God wasn’t.
                  Jesus gave thanks to God according to Luke 10:21, John 6:11 and John 11:41-42
                  According to Luke 23:46 Jesus commended his spirit to God
                  Jesus said that the Father (God) is greater than him - John 14:28
                  Jesus was helpless not God - John 5:19, John 5:30, John 7:28, John 8:28
                  Jesus said he was not the provider (John 6:32) whereas God is
                  Jesus said his words were not his (John 7:16, John 12:49, John 14:24, and John 17:14) God’s clearly are.
                  Jesus said he did not come of himself (John 8:42) but God does everything of Himself
                  Jesus said the Father (God) is greater than all - John 10:29
                  Jesus followed commands (John 14:31 and 15:10) God doesn’t.
                  Jesus said he had a god - John 20:17. God doesn’t
                  Jesus was "a man approved of God." - Acts 2:22
                  According to HQ 4:171 “The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of God, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him.”

Jesus has a creation. Colossians 1:15 "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation". Fistborn means exactly what it say's. Firstborn, this meas he has a begining and was created. Almighty God has no creation, but Jesus does.

1 Timothy 2:5 says: For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Yah is perfect, Yahshua was perfected.

Ecclesiastes 12: 7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

3. profile image0

Seems I was making a statement..giving scripture and not arguing. You on the other hand...
                  Let it go?
                  Kindly stop ordering me around..you do this with everyone..yet you come to every post and state your views as though they are God themselves.

15. Padrino profile image58
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

Ohgodallahbuda

I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Hey Tex. How's it hangin'?

1. Padrino profile image58
        Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You too? Now who am I Tex,TK,Sab oh? This is getting very confusing?

No - Sab Oh is TK sensei - you are Tex. You think you can hide from me that easy? wink

1. Padrino profile image58
            Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I don't believe so, but at least I know what a TK is now.

16. profile image0

Miss Sexton, I have repeated stated, in so many WORDS, you are preaching to the choir.
    THE Word is Him and all things made through Him; without Him nothing was made that exists in all the universe. He is the universe and all things in it. All things framed by Him.

The Word of Elohim AND the Testimony of the second adam -Y`shua moshiach IS the Spirit of enigma, revealed.

rhema, imrah. logos.

The manifest -physic/optic- will of Love was this man called 'Y`shua'. The ~watch closely~ SECOND Adam. Who was the first? Yup, but sin found him. Who was the second, the One without sin.

He IS "I AM". Mind, body, spirit. Is that so difficult to understand? Men separate Him to cause trouble.

1. profile image0

Don't call me miss Sexton.
      First my name is Deborah..I've explained Sexton is my pen name not my last name.
      I am married and I'm not a Miss...I'm a Mrs..last name is not your business.
      Is Twenty-one your first name? and Days ..your last?

You take a few little verses you feel says what you believe and reject the rest....Typical.

Go ahead and believe what you want. I can only offer you the truth and you can take it or reject it...
      I forgot you know everything...

1. profile image0

i do, as do you and every other human being,
        which i have stated many times.

How dark can you be, especially having studied the scripts?
        You cannot reflect the Truth until it is in you to project from the heart, not the mind, where most practitioners and believers live.

Reflect the Truth, not "a truth" perhaps you would see things in a different light.

{ again you in the plural }

ps, your personal life, names, etc are not my business
        or which ever ghost writer profiles you prefer.

ps, thanks for your permission for me to believe what i choose.
        big_smile just more of the same ego melodrama. After 2000 years, not much has changed. enjoy the day!

2. profile image0

I'm not preaching to anyone. If you don't like what I say..don't read it..

So my preaching to the Choir means you're above learning?  lollollol

That is funny.

"Preaching to the choir" means you're trying to persuade someone who already agrees with you.

I can't tell what he's talking about most of the time so I don't know if he really does or not.

1. profile image0

That's one meaning..but that can't be his meaning because he has opposed not agreed..We don't see anything the same..

The other meaning is..I already know (EVERYTHING in his case)

He thinks everything is about him..never mind if there is someone who doesn't know and would like to.

17. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Is it important to be hung up on a name?
    If you see him and recognize Him, will it matter? or will you ask to see his driver's license?

I was once concerned as to his correct name didn't wanna be wrong, so I just started praying to the God of Abraham.  Figured that If he wanted me to call him by a more personal name he'd let me know.

1. profile image0

Sorry but it says to pray in his name.

John 14:13
        And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

It also states, there is no other name....
        Acts 4:12
        Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Some people do not agree when I say that I believe that sometimes Jesus would be talking to his disciples,pertaining to them only and not to every believer from them until the end of the world.
               I can see in my mind Jesus standing in front of his disciples (Whom he knew and trusted) When "YOU" ask any thing in my name.   The disciples were not telling anyone else that when they believe and ask in his name.....; Jesus was speaking to his disciples only.
               When we read any story we have to pay attention to who is talking to who.  Bible stories are no different.

1. profile image0

that whole thing is a huge propaganda in the churches today called: name it claim it, Jerami. Just recite the words in the book and poof, magically you'll have whatsoever you say.
            Oddly, it is not working quite the way they expected.

BTW, how are things?

I'm doing fine... visiting family outa town. Get on here every now and then.  Don't get to stay long.

2. profile image0

Because it states it is important to know his name.

Really funny aren't you...

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, no offense meant.
        I was speechless the first time I saw him. He didn't judge me.

Hmmm,maybe I'm just in a good mood because I WAS amused by the driver's license remark! Of course, I also laughed at the remark about being disturbed by the indications that Yeshua was a zombie. It was phrased so well.

18. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, or to be disrespectful.
    As I said: no offense meant.

1. profile image0

Who said convince?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No one. You said you didn't believe me. That's fine,-- I wasn't trying to convince anyone.

19. profile image0

I appreciate the response this thread has gotten. It seems to have started a debate. Why debate about it? I asked a question that was requiring opinions.

20. profile image0

just not to omit this:

'what ever you ask in my name i will give to you" correct?
    "His name IS: the Word of Elohim".

Should you perceive the Word is limited to books, collected or omitted, you might want to reconsider your position.
    No one can enter the Fathers kingdom, without going through the Word. No one. This is the Name by which all mankind is saved. That two-edged sword, divides your mind from your spirit, even bone from marrow, the one that knows all your thoughts and intentions of your heart. The one that gives breath to your mortal body, His Spirit.
    Names are for men/women of the flesh.
    You are to walk in Spirit. not just any familiar spirit, but The Spirit.

So, enough with the name it & claim notions, yes?
    All things have passed away; all thing He made new.

1. profile image0

You be you and I'll be me. Like I said..if you don't like what I say, don't read it.
      STOP telling me what to do. don't tell me enough with the name..enough with your condescension.

Bye now. For good.

Many humans gained enlightenment before Jesus was here on this planet and after him,they didn't use his name but meditated  like Jesus said the way to god is via mediation, when thy eye be single.

I never used his name or any of the other prophets names and gained enlightenment.

1. profile image0

Indeed. The Word always was and is.
        The truth of our purpose is evident by a few before Him, by Him (in amazing expression) and a few after.

So, when people go searching from book to book, letter to letter, orange grove to Prayer Mountain in-search-of, miss the entire point. Using his 'name' is pointless; his 'namesake' powerful. Birthright is more potent than calling a brother on the phone...

21. profile image0

Even the  Pharisaical practitioners of Law, and more recently, New Age mystics have realized that after slicing n dicing the written characters in the books -to infinite measures- are still in the same place. Some are long dead, some are dieing every day...

was a pleasure knowing you. ❦

22. Paper Wolf profile image60
    Paper Wolfposted 14 years ago

Ooookaaay. Well, I think that went rather well. whoa.

1. pay2cEM profile image82
      pay2cEMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right? I think this just became my new favorite humor column.

23. profile image0

hey PW, how are you?

1. Paper Wolf profile image60
      Paper Wolfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am too blessed to stress! Thank you for asking. I see you have your hands full.

Deborah, be gentle. I am asking, NOT telling you ; }

1. profile image0

Quite surprisingly, i have discovered how much patience i actual have. Brings a smile to my face.
        Glad to hear about your no-stress-bless! Rock on!
        How is Texas, you folks get the rains this week too?
        Was getting ready to dial-up-noah with all the snow followed by all this rain. lol.

1. Paper Wolf profile image60
          Paper Wolfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

82 degrees and sunshine. Nice breeze. Open up the house and breathe the fresh air. Remember, it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark...: )

1. profile image0

big_smile you're correct. my bad.

24. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

correct grammar is "who do you say he is?"  not whom!

25. coletta7 profile image60
    coletta7posted 14 years ago

He is the beginning and the last, The alpha and the omega,and the author and finisher of our faith.He is the great "I am" that "I am"

26. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

To each his own.

People who believe the Bible..or say they do believe it in part..and not all...they read the English Bibles and think they know "TRUTH".....

Follow Twenty-one days..as he follows delusion....

1. profile image0

You do realize that no one can know God unless He reveals Himself to them?

Who can ascend to the mountain of God? Who is worthy to see God?

Job 9:32  For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.

Job 9:33  Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

27. profile image0

Yes I do understand this, however I also know we have to try.

To say we do not need to know God's name is incorrect.
    For those who think to know the name isn't important, reveals they don't know truth.
    John  17: 11, 12, 26

We should be sanctified in the truth and Prasie HIM by HIS name, Yah (John ch.17).

Yah Shua when he spoke the name of His Father Yah. John Ch. 17:6 reveals the very nature of salvation in Messiah's prayer: "I have manifested Thy name...". Again in John Ch. 17:11 " ... Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are".

1. profile image0

Should I change my natural language to learn Hebrew? All names sound different in different languages.

1. profile image0

We're not speaking of all names..just the one.

28. profile image0

For those using the verse stating Yahshua was the Word..have no idea what it means.

If Goid is the Word..explain what it means..If Christ is the Word explain this.

I'm not saying to explain that They are the same one God..I am saying to explain what the WORD means..

How is God the Word..and what WORD?
    How is Christ the WORD? and what WORD?

1. profile image0

God is Christ. Who else can redeem men from their sins?

1. profile image0
        SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Swamp Gas does a pretty good job. big_smile

1. profile image0

Beano should take care of that problem.

1. profile image0
            SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Will give it a try! big_smile

2. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Taking a stab at this ... first understand that English is my primary Language and not Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew.

The Apostle John was not writing to English speakers or Western pseudo-scholars (like myself) ... he was writing primarily to Hellenized Jews.  His audience was familiar with Greek culture and philosophy.

I also understand that fine concepts get lost in translation sometimes, so I do my best to chase down the original language, as an amateur.

The Greek word that the Apostle John used is LOGOS ... which is often translated "Word" in English.  Logos is also where we get
      the English word "Logic" ... it is more than a spoken sound with meaning ... it is the meaning.  If memory serves me correctly, John is referring to a cultural impacted by the philosopher Heraclitus.

Basically, what John is explaining is that God and the Christ and the Christ who became human are united in the oneness of being "the first Cause" and the reason/ meaning/ purpose / central idea of all of creation from the beginning of time.

That's what I understand by what is translated to English as "word".

29. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

Jesus was a great teacher but he was not the son of God. To make these false claims takes away from his true teachings.

30. profile image0

I am very thank full to be able to express the Truth.
    Here is something I was told many moons ago:

Son, you can stare at,read, recite that recipe all day, every day. But until you get your a@@ behind the line and turn on the fire, you can't make that recipe."

Once you know how-to, you have to go and make the dish -the evidence of that recipe. The stuff you hope for is the ingredients to make the dish. The evidence is the finished product.

Same as the inspired text of Elohim.
    Close the book, turn on the Spirit's fire and made some amazing things come into being.

1. profile image0

Riddles and circles..round and round we go...

Someone told you this and that.

Close the book? so you hold all truth and have no need to learn? Foolishness........you can't find out God in a lifetime...

1. profile image0

What books can contain the fullness of Truth?

You study the scripts because you think you will find Him in there and that is enough. That is a lie and not the Spirit of Truth.

He is not there nor in the temple, nor under every green tree or high hill. The Word of Truth is in the heart & minds of His anointed.

Cheers.

1. profile image0

Since Yahshua is love and you obviously don't have any..only an ego....you of course can't even understand what is being said.

In all the religious threads, I have witnessed you quoting what you think is in scripture..now you say it's not needed....WOW big_smile

31. profile image56
    Hell N0posted 14 years ago

He is the Son of God. He was made the Son by the Father (not part of some trinity) and created all there is through the Father.  He volunteered to empty Himself to become a human, where He fullfilled several laws and prophesies of the OT. This includes the Feast of Tabernacles which takes place at the end of the fall harvest.  This is in fact the largest of the two harvests (well, three, because Christ is the First of the firstfruits).  The ultimate fullfillment of all of this will take place in the next age.  The second harvest is when the many lost will finally be saved. 

So, in other words, Christ came to reveil the Father, (wasn't known in the OT), to give His word to those few He was given by the Father (sorry, no hellers in that list), and to die so that "all" would be forgiven of their sins and ultimately "all" will be saved. 

It's really quite simple:
    The reason that so few people understand God's word is because only a few are given the holy spirit to understand and love His truths.  Many think they understand but few do.  Hope remains though.  All will eventually be brought to the truth and saved.  But the hellers will have a hell of a time in the Lake of "God's" Fire.

32. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

The Last Quill quotes:

Luke 3:21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as He was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven “You are my Son whom I love; with You I am well pleased”

Paarsurrey says:

How did Luke knew that "heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in bodily form like a dove"?

Luke was not a witness to it. What was his source?

Thanks

1. The Last Quill profile image60

That is what is written in the bible, the problem is you don't beleive on anything. I beleive the bible and that is where I get the answer, Not quran.

The scribes of the scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit and wathed them as they write, this verses explains that idea. I knew you don't beleive this because you don't beleive in the bible.

Revelation10:4 When the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken and do not write them.” 5 Then the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his right hand to heaven,

Can you prove that quran is true and not just written by anybody on the deert?

2. profile image0

The New Testament was completely rewritten but the writers claimed the Greek version was just a translation. Many think it was originally written in Greek, but it wasn't, it was written in Hebrew and Aramaic...The true writings were done at the time the events occurred,. The Greeks changed it years later.

1. Rishy Rich profile image71
        Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for them smile

1. profile image0

And your point?

Its not a linguist thread smile

1. profile image0

Of course it is. One comma can change the whole meaning of something.
              To follow something, we have to understand it. Some people might want to learn or to understand anothers point of view even though you don't.

"Ofcourse it is" ...??!!

Mrs Sexton..Learn the difference between linguists and religionists first! This is in no way a linguist thread. And i BLV Hubbers would like to see more creative opinions rather than your copy-paste (from bible) ALL DAY FOREVER LONG sad

Btw, one comma can surely make a difference...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eIARuH0-x4Y/SPjzRfQgmcI/AAAAAAAAAQo/ARa7n_deuEY/s400/grammar+dog+cartoon.jpg

1. profile image0

Yes but see I have a right to be here, and you have no right to tell me not to be..so leave me alone..

What have you contributed?  Nothing.

Mrs Sexton...Unlike you, I refuse to contribute crap bags lol lol . But you have complete right to lay those craps as long as you want  roll

2. profile image0

So it's about Christ but I can't paste from the Bible...hmmm sounds typical...
                  And am I suppose to use my own words? You guys don't believe the scripture you claim to live by so how could I put it in my own words?..

Truly you guys do have the love and knowledge of God.

Its all my fault sexton...I totally agree..I cant ask a brainless moron to come up with creative opinion

...Just do what you are capable of..Im proud of You big_smile...I really am big_smile

You are really special lol

3. BDazzler profile image77

Tradition tells us that one of Luke's primary sources was Mary, the Mother of Jesus.

The three "synoptic" gospels, Matthew, Mark and Luke are presumed to have been based on a theoretical single manuscript known to academics as "Q".  This theory is based on the academic discipline known as textual criticism.

"Q" is presumed to have been the "notes" that were written in Aramaic. As the Apostles began to die, the "Q" notes were formalized into the Greek manuscripts for distribution to a largely Greek speaking audience.

Each of the Gospel writers are presumed to have interviews eye-witnesses to "fill in" the parts not in "Q". (Thus we believe that Luke interviews Mary.)

Unlike Matthew, Mark and Luke, John most likely dictated his experiences directly to a Greek speaking scribe, though he also likely had access to this "Q" document and used it to refresh his memory.

33. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

Two and a half thousand years ago, the philosopher Xenophanes said:

‘If cattle and horses and lions had hands and could paint and make works of art with their hands just as people can, horses would depict the gods as horses and cattle would as cattle’.

He had a good point and we can see that every god ever believed in bears the stamp of human manufacture.Our gods tend to reflect our human environments and personal prejudices. I feel sorry for those who couldn't realize what Xenophanes realized 2500 years ago sad

1. profile image0

Xenophanes was apparently just another troubled mind who got somehow titled "philosopher" who didn't wanna face reality....

Whatever works for you mam! smile

But I still feel Sorry sad

2. profile image0

Why are you here?
      Raising the head of you know who?

34. profile image51

BDazzler wrote:

Tradition tells us that one of Luke's primary sources was Mary, the Mother of Jesus.

Paarsurrey says:

The tradition is wrong. When migrating from Judea; Jesus took his mother Mary with him towards India; where ten lost tribes of Israel were living.

Thanks

1. BDazzler profile image77

Well thank you so much for disrespecting the effort I put into my education, the hard work with which I pursued the truth or lack-thereof of the tradition and dismissing my own personal experiences with one sentence. 

Since you already know everything, I assure you I will not be wasting your time any more with any further responses to your questions.

1. profile image51

Hi friend BDazzler

It is never late to learn anything. If you intended to have some education; then be steadfast, you will definitely learn many new and meaningful things. Please come up with your reason and arguments instead of getting angry.

I had written here, maybe you have missed it that Luke was not written when Jesus was there in his ministry. So, luke has just written from hearsay. Mary went with Jesus; so it is wrong to say that he learnt from Mary.

Now be bold enough and come with reason; maybe you also win; as I don't write to win but to understand.

With humility you will learn; in isolation , nothing.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

35. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I believe that there is necesity to understand prophesy before  any signifigant amount of truth can be found.

Yes Jesus was the Messiah that the society of Religious were expecting.
       They did not recognize him upon his first advent.
       And upon his second coming there was no one left afterwards  that saw him to tell the story.
       Yes the Messiah died for our sins,Yes there are a few of his teachings that were included in the cannon.
       But for the bulk of "Truth" we must first PROPERLY understand prophesy.

If I could convince anyone of any one thing; this would be it.
        Argue about all of the other stuff all ya want to but it isn't going to get you anywhere until you understand the prophesy. 
        That is just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

36. profile image51

Deborah Sexton

For those using the verse stating Yahshua was the Word..have no idea what it means.

If God is the Word..explain what it means..If Christ is the Word explain this.

I'm not saying to explain that They are the same one God..I am saying to explain what the WORD means..

How is God the Word..and what WORD?
    How is Christ the WORD? and what WORD?

Paarsurrey says:

I agree with Deborah Sexton

It is meaningless to state that Jesus was Word, meaning he was a god.

Quran has clarified this mistake of the NTBible writers.
    The Creator-God Allah YHWH made an exception for natural conception of Jesus to Mary without touching her of any man.

This was the word “Be”; denoting a special commandment and with this commandment Jesus was born of Mary.

Otherwise, it has no other reasonable meaning.

Thanks

37. profile image0

For those using the sentence
    "Before Abraham was, I AM" to prove Christ was God..that sentence doesn't make sense.

The sentence
    "Before Abraham, was I AM" does.

Look at ...
    Purple People Eater

Is It
    Purple, people eater
    or
    Purple people, eater.?

Christ was saying God and his law/words existed before Abraham, not that he was God.

So was the thing that ate people purple in color
    or
    did the eater eat purple people?

One little comma changes everything.

Taking your example ... we know from the song he ate purple people.  It's a contextual clue. "Purple people eater, what's your line?"  He said, "Eating Purple People and it sure is fine".

In the same vein it is appropriate to look at the context within which Yeshua made that statement.

From an examination of John 8 we can see that:
      1. He was at the temple grounds teaching.
      2. His opponents were ridiculing him.
      3. He claimed God was his Father and that Abraham wanted to see him on earth.
      4. His opponents mocked him for claiming to have seen Abraham.
      5. He made the statement "Before Abraham was ... " etc.
      6. They threatened to stone him for that comment.
      7. He left the temple grounds.

This still leaves the interpretation of the sentence open, because it is so deep but it does help us see more than just one verse.

1. profile image0

Don't forget Verse 27
        "They understood not that he spake to them of the Father."

Christ spoke of God's promise to Abraham.
        Abraham saw Christ by faith in what God said.

Abraham never received any inheritance in the land. The place where he buried Sarah was the only piece of ground he ever owned, and he bought that from Ephron, even though Ephron offered to give it to him. God promised great blessings to Abraham, including an inheritance of land. But he never received those promises in his lifetime. Yet Abraham believed that God keeps His promises, and as a result he sojourned as a stranger in the promised land.

Hebrews 11:
            8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
            9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Yahshua was the promise Abraham saw through faith in God's word
        Acts 13.
        32. And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers
        33. God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again

Exactly right, verse 26 said "He sent me to the world" and verse 27 said they didn't realize that he was saying that the Father sent him to the world.

One of the unintended consequences of adding chapters and verses is that the translators often use them as the punctuation marks you speak of.  (Rightly or wrongly).

This leads to an additional problem you've observed elsewhere, that of using single verses around which to build incomplete doctrines.

1. profile image0

Well we all came from God
            Eccl. 12:7
            "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."

No one exists without the Father sending us.

Also true, so, either Yeshuah was making an "obvious" point that they should have known, and certainly should not have been angry about or he meant something else, maybe something "more".

1. profile image0

People then were like people today..it should be obvious but it wasn't/isn't.
                It's hidden from those not of God.
                It takes effort.....

That is certainly one valid interpretation from the existing text and conversations. (And I agree with your conclusion about the hiddeness of it).

38. profile image0

Interesting comments so far. What have we learned?

Some believe Jesus to be the Son of the Living God while maintaining He is still just a man.

Others believe Jesus to be only a great teacher.

Some believe Jesus to have migrated to India to live out His life.

Others believe Him to be the fullness of God made manifest in flesh to redeem mankind from their sins.

I ask another question.

How did you come to your conclusion as to who Jesus is?

If you want to seek the truth, you have to take it from the source

John 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham

Jesus said He is telling the truth. Those who would say otherwise are liars

39. Danny R Hand profile image60
    Danny R Handposted 14 years ago

Jesus, the Son of the living God. From my understanding, the Bible,(which I believe), teaches this: God the Father is a spirit, an invisible spirit. Jesus was the FIRST AND ONLY THING CREATED DIRECTLY BY GOD THE FATHER! That is why He is the only beggotten of the Father. He is the express image of of God the Father. Yawaeh created Jesus in spirit, including everything within Himself and putting it in Jesus. This makes Jesus the Light. Now we can see what God looks like, not physically, but spiritually. Everything else was created by Jesus, for Jesus, and through Jesus. In Genesis as it speaks of the creation of man in this way,"Let US creat man in OUR image". Jesus existed in the beginning because He was the beginning of creation.

Here is the family tree of Jesus, not from my own understanding but from the bible. This is a long one, I hope did not missed anything.

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, 24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph, 25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge, 26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda, 27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri, 28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er, 29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, 30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim, 31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David, 32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson, 33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda, 34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor, 35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala, 36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech, 37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan, 38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

This is Jesus PHYSICAL GENIOLOGY, but there are many refferences to Jesus spiritual birth which was long before Adam.

Since you cannot quote anything from the bible, I'll give you one. This is also the basis of some religion that teaches Christ is God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

To understand this quickly, for the sake of discussion, change "word" with "plan"

In the beginning was the plan, and the plan was with God, and the plan was God.

The last part does not mean the the plan was actually God It only want to say that If God plan it, it will come to fruition. The word God in the last part was used as an adjective. It's just like this"Time is gold"

Now if you sticked to your belief that son of God is God, imagine what is going to happen.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

There would become so many gods.

Go to my profile, read 'The Lords Rest', then tell me I can't quote anything from the Bible. Just because a person does'nt CHOOSE to use quotes, does not mean they have'nt studied.

2. profile image51

Hi friend Danny R Hand

I agree with you, you are right; Christians normally misunderstand this cocept.

Thanks

40. profile image0

The first Man Adam was formed from the ground (or red dirt)

God created Christ the Second Man Adam through the spoken word.

They were first creations because they were created differently.

Christ lived by every word of God. He obeyed and pleased God.

However in Isaiah 7:15-17 it says that the Child Yahshua had to learn to refuse the evil, and choose the good

Christ earned his position with God.

1. profile image0

How does someone earn a position with God?

This is what I know. Grace is what gives men and women position with God.

King Saul was a mighty man and mighty in stature above all others in Israel. David was a skinny runt. God anointed them both. Which one earned the anointing?

1. profile image0

So can you ask God to save you then go kill, steal, covet, not love God, worship idols?

Or do you have to refrain from the fleshy deeds.

Christ obeyed God and lived by his word as I stated...this is how you earn it.

The law affects those who break it...

2. profile image0

The one who earned it by obeying God..just as I have stated.

1. profile image0

Can salvation be earned? If so then Jesus died for nothing.

1. profile image51

Hi friend

Jesus did not die a cursed death on Cross.

Thanks

2. profile image0

Your statement doesn't make sense.
            First Christ's death is not in vain regardless of what a human does. He has ascended and is with God because he did what he was sent to do. How can that be in vain? It could only become in vain to each person..not to him.

Plus take a look here..it does take some hard work..

Matthew 24:13 "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved"

Do you think you are already saved?

You still didn't answer my question..Can people continue to kill, steal etc?

41. Ashmi profile image59
    Ashmiposted 14 years ago

Jesus was a very wise man who was and still is deeply misunderstood.....especially by those who profess to be his followers.....To love God and neighbour are his commandments. Who can say they are a Christian?

1. profile image0

Exactly..Love is the fulfilling of the law. Christ fulfilled the law  through love..If we love ourselves and others, we don't kill, steal, etc. He didn't come to do away with the law, but to show us how we can keep it.
      Yes, the commandments are God's law..but we keep these through love not because we have to.

No one I know can say they are Christian. The Ego doesn't let people love.
      The lack of faith is at fault too.
      If we have faith that God will provide, we won't steal. If we have faith that God will take care of our enemies, we won't kill.

1. Ashmi profile image59
        Ashmiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm totally with you Deborah....the sooner people realise that self-assertion is the essence of badness and self-denial the essence of goodness the sooner the world will see what it is like to live by the law of love.

42. profile image0

Twenty One Days

#1. Tell me, which part -precisely- do I accept or not accept, please enlighten me.
    #2. Christian doctrine -that certainly seems to explain a lot.
    Indeed, many familiar spirits.
    #3. Blasphemy -gee where have I heard that before- lol.

#4. As for books: you are to learn FROM the Spirit of Truth, not doctrines made up by man. Still you cling to every letter, every word as if it was gospel truth, when the Gospel of Truth
    #5. warned you not to look at it so. The Scribes and teachers of the Law for thousands of years prove that.
    #6. Foolishness indeed.

#7. Enoch had no bible nor did Job, Elijah, Abram and many more.
    Throw away your resume, it is killing you (plural).
    #8. Elohim doesn't need nor care about it.

Perhaps I am reading all your posts incorrectly, but it appears

#9. your banter against the MANY people in here -apart from myself- shows only a need to be puffed up, self-righteous and correct.
    #10. Everyone agreeing with your interpretation.

#11. Well, now you have their attention, don't disappoint them...

Cheers.

#1. That you don't have to keep God's law. Yet Yahshua taught you do. He showed us how..through love. God said his law is forever and ever.
    #2. This is a personal attack. You might want to check yourself and your own demons.
    #3. From Scripture. Please note your life over the next month or two.
    #4. Stating we are to use God's name YAH. and keep his law through love is not clinging to every word..However you are confused in this teaching.
    #5. Wrong. The Pharisees kept the law and hated others which counted against them. Keeping the law without love is not what I was saying. Again you have no understanding. Love fulfills the law because love keeps us from doing anything to hurt another. But your eyes are closed to truth so how would you know.  No one ever taught to not keep the law. As a metter of fact..Yahshua expounded on the law in more details.
    And..you WARNED me?! Better warn yourself.
    #6. Yes you are.
    #7. Enoch, Elijah and Abraham communicated directly with God.  You don't.
    #8. You don't know what Yah wants or what is the mind of Yah. You exalt yourself to the throne of God by saying you do know.
    #9. Who's bantering against the many. You always have your say..I'm allowed to do that too. Maybe there is one person who would like to know what I have to say..maybe it is meant to be for someone and you are acting the adversary to stop it. Oh and speaking of familiar spirits. . .
    #10. I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me..just not to be abusive as you are…Careful….
    #11. That's between them and me so mind your own business. I've told you many times, if you don't like what I say, as long as I am not speaking to you, don't read it.

43. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

http://www.reclusiveleftist.com/wp-content/cartoon-jesus.jpg

1. profile image0

Not a very good likeness.
      But indeed the concept isn't bad.
      Jesus is God.  And God is a God of war as well as Love.

1. profile image0

God is a God of love and war I agree..Christ never taught he is God..just the opposite.. do you read the scripture you believe in or just the parts you agree with?

1. profile image0

Have you ever read the book of John?

..Or do you not believe the New Testament?

1. profile image0

I sure have and understand it.
            Have you read anything in scripture besides John?..

1. profile image0

Jesus did many things simply for the sake of the hearing of those around Him.
              The resurrection of Lazarus, for one.
              Read that, and the surrounding text.
              Jesus had the power to do whatever He wanted to do.  He specifically says in those passages that He "said it" for the sake of those nearby, so that they would have an example of praying to the Father.
              Humans are so silly and easily-misled by others who claim to be "gods", etc., that Jesus didn't WANT anyone to be misled by his human form.   He was God in the flesh....and that fleshly part was what the human eye could see while He walked the earth.   No wonder He kept trying to make the disciples see the Spiritual side of things,  while having to consider their human eye in the flesh.  It is Spirit to spirit that sets man free of fleshly temptation.  God is Spirit.  Jesus is Spirit.  Jesus challenged everyone, including us now, to walk in the Spirit, not the flesh, while at the same time recognizing God for Who He is.   And who WE are not.....

2. profile image0

????

"I and my Father are one" John 10.30

hmmm.

1. profile image0

Yes, in one accord. Agreeing. We were told to be one as they were one. Can we jump into one body altogether..or can we be of one mind and one accord.

Reading yet not understanding..hummmm
            No he never taught he was God.

I posted several scriptures showing where he said he isn't. But instead of reading them with an open mind (we are told to try the spirits) you just immediately came in with your claws..because it was me posting it.

1. profile image0

he didn't have to teach that he was because he IS.

1. profile image0

He taught that he wasn't..
                Where do you get your info. Did your spirit teach you?

1. profile image0

The Word of Elohim IS Elohim, they are one.
                  So indeed, THE Spirit teaches me.

Just as your words are you and testify to the things in you,
                  so also the Spirit of Elohim testifies to his Word which is Him.
                  For all things are framed, manifest, upheld, opened, shut, live and die, by the Word of His power. Those who know Him, know this.

1. profile image0

lol

44. profile image0

the law cannot save you.
    the law denies the Spirit and its power.
    you were under the law until Grace came.
    so good job there, keep studying the books and die within each page.

Ego? Indeed your own. Something very familiar about that.

You don't know when i commune with Him or not, so again you win the ego award. Why is a ministers wife so anger, bitter, always in need to be heard and accepted? This is not what kabbalah teaches.

1. profile image0

I simply reflect back to people.
      My husband is a Rabbi..I am the minister..ordained and licensed..

It is your own hate you see not mine.
      You hate that I don't agree with you and see you as the authority over me.

You know I am not saying the law alone can save me..you just like to be rude and fight to see how far you can push me..well, you've pushed too far now..

I am trying to offer truth..out of love and you were the first to attack me...You should pray.

1. profile image0

you should pray with me, it might help you discard those false robes of righteousness.

just a thought.

45. profile image51

Twenty One Days wrote:

the law cannot save you.
    the law denies the Spirit and its power.

Paarsurrey says:

If the Law cannot save; then why Moses brought it from YHWH?

Is it a fault of YHWH or Jesus whom you say god or Son of god or the Holy Ghost; or it is the mistake of the whole Trinity combined?

Thanks

1. profile image0

For He said to Moses, I AM.
      Not a god or the god, but the All In All.
      The law came to Moses, so that the people would understand that law cannot make them righteous, to keep them until Faith manifest -in the man Y`shua Moshiach.
      Moses did not seek the Law, for he had no knowledge of it until he witnessed the rumbling on the mountain and saw the Spirit's fire afar off.
      The Spirit drew him to the mountain and there spoke to him first and then gave him the Law, then wrote the law. Even after Moses broke the law upon the back of the idol, Elohim restored the law.
      Why? Because might and power, good works or ritual cannot make one righteous. Only the Spirit of Truth, which is the Word.

And also, where is the Mercy Seat, the Throne of Grace?
      Indeed it is above the Law. The cherubs bow there heads to it for they are servants of Grace and Mercy.

What was sealed in the ark? The tablets, The rod, The manna. So then, Grace -above and apart from the Law is greater than the Law. For where there is law, there is lawlessness and sin.
      But Grace is still greater.

Should you keep the Prophecy -that is the Word of Elohim and Testimony of Y`shua Moshiach in the flesh - then Grace is your dwelling place and the law has no power over you -is fulfilled in you. Else you remain a slave to the law and all its parts.

1. profile image0

Love is the Law because it fulfills the law. do you have that?

1. profile image0

Why do you ask me about love when you won't even pray with me?
          If you did, you would not deny the Spirit or seek another entrance the kingdom of heaven.

1. profile image0

Who denied the Spirit? I never have. I actually teach about the Spirit..the Comforter. Stop putting words in my mouth.
            You have claimed to know about the Kabbalah..if you did you would know about Yesod and the Spirit.
            It is you trying to go in another way.

1. profile image0

You have denied the Spirit because you have not accepted Him.
              You teach about the Spirit??? Now that is borderline blasphemy.
              The Spirit -who is the Teacher- teaches us.
              No one can teach the Spirit or about the Spirit for He reveals Himself to those He desires. He gives gifts to man as He chooses.
              Who are you to teach of Him???

What spirits you are teaching to people?

Words in your mouth? Your words alone have proven you do not have the true Spirit in you -vanity, mentions of self and beauty, shadows and doctrines. These are not of the Spirit.

1. profile image0

I don't know Him?
                What a slanderous witness you are.
                Do you think you show God's spirit?

Now you are judging me by the Law, yet you say it was done away with.
                I thought there is grace and forgiveness.

Make up your mind, you appear wishy washy

Who am I to teach?
                Who are you to teach?

Calling the Spirit in me a demon isn't cool..judger..

1. profile image0

Indeed, that spirit testifies, from your own mouth.
                  Now it is getting clearer.

What I teach is Grace & Truth of the Word to those who listen.
                  No one can teach another about the Spirit -not even you- for we ARE taught by the Spirit.

That is proof enough.
                  I will pray either for you or with you -you decide.

1. profile image0

oouuu..don't pray for me...please.

2. profile image0

So you're saying there is no need for teachers though the scripture you quote says there is?
                Hmmm pick and choose and throw out the rest.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Love? I take it you subscribe to the Kristian meaning of the word "love".

Although - I am liking Brenda's christ stains. Seems some how appropriate......

Can't wait for your "husband" to come chastise me. It is not far from the tip of Italy to France. lol

And France is not very big. lol

1. profile image0

Who said that? Not me.
            Don't keep on with the same crap over and over.

You can get to France by taking the ferry over to Italy.
            We like to tour...I have many pictures I can post ....

However..I don't have to prove anything to you.

I see you as very sad..

2. profile image0

Love means doing no one harm which I don't.
            Because I disagree with you doesn't mean I have no love. It simply means I disagree with you.

Don't call me a Christian.

LOL

I did not call you a Christian. I see you interpret all words with the same level of insight as you do the skriptures. lol

You called me a liar. That is not disagreeing with me - that is calling me a liar.  But - yup - that is the kristian definition of the word "love" all right. wink

1. profile image0

How many times have you called me a liar and hypocrite?
                Many
                Why is it OK for you?

1. profile image0
                  WizardOfOzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cmon Deb, it's common knowledge.

1. profile image0

That I am a liar? or the reason it's OK for him?

46. profile image0

The Law Shows Us Our SIN so we can do away with it. Romans 7
    The law of sin in the flesh was abolished..not the law of God. Read Romans 7-10
    The word is God's law..God is the word and therefore the law..God was not done away with.

Matthew 5:17-48
    17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    48. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

John 12: 48-50
    48. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
    49. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    50. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Acts 6:13
    And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:

Acts 28:23
    And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Romans 2:13
    (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Romans 3:31
    Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1. profile image0
      WizardOfOzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1 Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

47. willie28 profile image41
    willie28posted 14 years ago

whats john 3:16 says, what did jesus christ teachings,death, bureal, ressuraction, and how to live holiness, baptized in jesus name....  and who did jesus say he was? he said ' i am the (son) of the living god,told the disciples and peter said your are, jesus said you got this gift from my father in heaven,amen. the pharises and sadduces  and all antichrist people do not know and do not follow jesus and god rejected him, and would not listen then .and now 99% of people in the world or more with false un- holy living and doctrines of devils,  are the same way now days just different clothes and places , homes etc...and religeous bunch of hypocrites ....just the same evil heart like ex.the romans, eygptians,philistians, and back in noah's day, and abraham days- drinking and eating, fasle gods, idols, money worshipers, harlots, theifs, rapist, murders, etc.living a  sinful ways to the flood destroyed all the wicked in that day -noah's time and flams from god destroyed-evil.doers-sinners-abraham times, and .... so shall it be in the day when jesus returns and calls the saved up to heaven, and the wicked , and sins destroyed by the great day of judgement, lake of fire....antichrist followrs -99%

48. willie28 profile image41
    willie28posted 14 years ago

jesus was praying to his father in passover supper with his disciples , he told his disciples take watch at the garden at that very night while he prayed to his father-jehovah-god, for strength take this cup from me , not my will be done but (your will) god be done, amen. what jesus talking to him self no.... he talked with his father, also before this john the baptism is a witness .

1. profile image0

It is so simple to see. It must be according to who's eyes and ears are open..Glad to meet someone who has the ears to hear.

49. profile image51

willie28 wrote:

jesus returns and calls the saved up to heaven, and the wicked , and sins destroyed by the great day of judgement, lake of fire....antichrist followrs -99%

Paarsurrey says:

Hi friend willie28

Please be sure Jesus won't come physically; he had come in the years 1835-1908, the same way as Elijah had come again.

Thanks

1. profile image0

There's only one thing I agree with you on so far...
      that Jesus won't come again physically.

But for sure He didn't come in the 19th century! LOL

1. profile image51

Hi friend Brenda Durham

Just google <Jesus 1835-1908> and reflect.

Thanks

1. profile image0

I get it---you're an Islamist, and apparently with a succession of "prophets".......similar to Catholicism's Popes?!
          Sorry, but those articles are not only just imaginative jibberish, but they're totally against what the Bible says will happen at the second coming of the Messiah.

50. dyonder profile image70
    dyonderposted 14 years ago
    1. errum fattah profile image59
      errum fattahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

jesus is who, he is...
      jesus is a human
      jesus is a prophet
      jesus is a massiah
      jesus is a loving man
      jesus is a great creation.

thats all abt him..
      he's not God
      he's not son of God
      he's not the father of ur people

can u worship a man? a man who is among u? a man who do samething likeu people do?

God dont use to eat but jesus did.
      God didn't use to walk but he did
      God didn't use to talk people but he did..

So now is he a God?

" Unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things" Holy Quran

We are all the children of Allah or god.

1. errum fattah profile image59
          errum fattahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hunh! I f u r a son of God than who's ur mother?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)