Site Update: my account, security questions, search auto complete

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 89 discussions (147 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 13 years ago

We just released a fairly big update to the site.  In addition to a number of bug fixes and under the hood improvements, there are four big changes that you may notice:

My Account Design - we separated all the pages into 5 groups, and revised the interface a bit of many of the pages.  We have a second round of changes planned that will involve more significant functionality changes in some areas.

Security Questions - We are asking each user to choose and answer three security questions, in order to provide additional verification before allowing you to change your password or email settings.  This helps us help you to protect your valuable HubPages account.  Click one of these two links to set yours up now.

Code Capsule - Added formatting support for additional languages, including Closure and Scala.

Search Auto Complete - When you start typing in the HubPages search box, we'll provide suggestions based on things common phrases that appear across the site and things others have searched for.

As usual, please let us know if you notice any problems are have feedback on these changes.

If you haven't seen these already, there are also Local HubPages Meetups forming, with discussion in the new  local meetups forum.  Want to meet some other Hubbers?

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it possible that you've forgotten the symbol for 'broken links' at the bottom of the statistics page?

1. Michael Willis profile image68
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looks like it get "crunched out" for the column to fit.

1. camlo profile image84

Maybe they will need to widen it, or something.

2. Lily Rose profile image85
        Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're right - the symbol is missing...

2. lakeerieartists profile image62
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paul, I like most of the update but I would really like the list of hubs to be wider more across the entire page.  It is much harder to see the way it is now.  Each hub takes up more than one line in my case, and it is not even centered on the page.  This is an irritant to my eyes.

1. twobmad profile image60
        twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second the motion.. much easier with the wider stat.

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We widened the hub stats page back out.  More significant changes to that area will be coming in the next month or so.

1. agvulpes profile image84
        agvulpesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

G'day Paul, yep that is looking much better.  The only thing I would suggest is to move the Twitter and FB buttons etc down to the empty space under the stats box, that would free up more space 'above the fold'
        Still no '7day' stats?

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I was just coming to ask what you'd done to my account interface. Ok - like Google we have a new look going on. Thanks - sure it will be a lot easier once we/I'm used to it smile

Edit - how do you do do such things without crashing the site? What you guys have done seems a lot of work.

Edit Edit - the 7 day view stats are gone. Is there a reason?

Thanks smile

1. andyoz profile image87
      andyozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here, I thought I clicked on something i should't have.  At first glance not to keen, it kinda bunches all my stats up and makes them harder to read.  However I'm sure I'll get used to it.

2. andyoz profile image87
      andyozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My 7 day stats are still there. 

I did noticed earlier today my stats were not updating for a few hours, maybe that's due to the update.  Very smooth though I must admit!

3. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

I like the new look 'my account' page - good work hubpages team!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree - I like it very much; thanks for doing so much work!

4. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I like the updates - my account page looks so much cleaner and is much easier to navigate.  Thanks HP team!

5. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

You guys are AWESOME!  I love the new look.. it looks a lot neater.  At first I thought.. where is everything?  As I was used to the old style.  But now I find things easier.  Thanks for all your hard work.

6. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

hmm - the only part I care about is now harder on the eyes, so hopefully a revamp of the stats page will be part of the second round.

The design looks great and the 5 category UI is cool - but the account stats page should be the exact opposite of what you have done - full width, no sidebars - less wasted space for pretty colors, more function.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Our scroll work has now tripled.

Maybe if we could toggle that left-hand box on/off, with the stats part adjusting its width accordingly?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
        Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree!  Harder to see everything and I had a hard time before the change finding my hubs.

1. AngelaPereira profile image62
          AngelaPereiraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also agree! It's very hard to see the account stats page, the space is huge. It definitely should be width with no sidebars. It would stay so much simpler

The sidebar info was just fine at the top of page.

2. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with sunforged...I do not like the account stats page. It will take some time to get used to the new interface.

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is a big part of the second round.  We're going to try and combine a lot of the functionality on the "hubs" menu into a single page.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great! Maybe you could use a demo account with a few hundred hubs and see what thats like to scroll about in? Not that I have a solution but it would be awesome to somehow manage them better - even breaking into arbitrary pages at 25 or 50 would be a cool option.

I realize I should go back and just "group" things better, then I could view them in managed chunks - but working retroactively - thats would be a big time expenditure.

I bet the squish isnt so bad with 20-30 hubs! and the styling is fun ..

2. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's not combine too much. The page will look cramped, crowded, and non-user friendly.

Please widen the screen. Please do not add more "junk" to it and leave it as is.

Especially widen the stats area. Way too narrow. Hard to read it now.

3. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not exactly sure what you mean here, but the suggestion I would make for My Account would be to turn the sidebars into drop-down menus from the tabs at the top of each page.  Keep the same style (colors, font, etc.) if you wish, but instead of putting the sidebar on each page and forcing the pertinent info over to one side, just let the sidebar drop down when you mouse over the tab.  My preference.

I was going to suggest additional ways to sort the list of Hubs on the Statistics page... but I believe it's already possible to do what I was going to suggest - I just haven't tried it yet. hmm

I can't wait to try out the Search Auto Complete!

1. Aficionada profile image80
          Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, actually, actually...

I really do have a suggestion for sorting Hubs. Not one that I need yet, but anyone with over 100 probably would.  That is, allow for multiple sorting criteria (as in Excel) - first by X, then by Y, then by Z.  So, for example, someone could take their Hubs within a specific category or group and sort them by Hub Score, then Alphabetically for each score.  I think it would be useful.  This may have been suggested before when I wasn't paying attention.

4. agvulpes profile image84
      agvulpesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, the lines are too wide apart to accommodate Titles that are long and requires excessive scrolling. A six word title is taking up 3 lines instead of one in the old format.  Far too much wasted 'white' space!
      If something ain't broke don't fix it?

5. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll second this.  For those of us with a long list of Hubs, it's too squished and bunchy, especially the Hub titles.  Too much scrolling.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
        Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with SF, Relach, Nelle & Marisa...  Although the overall look is kinda nice, having to do more scrolling isn't. 

I'd still (suggested it long ago) like to see the column totals at the top of the columns in addition to down at the bottom.  I like to see my 24 hour figures and it's really a pain to have to scroll all the way down to see it ... and now with the changes I have to scroll even more.

Sometime you just shouldn't fix what ain't broke!

6. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this statement 100%. The only thing I truly care about when I come here are my stats. The changes have taken a clean, simple and quick interface that I could scan in 2 or 3 minutes and turned it into a click nightmare.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this too.

This represents an improvement in every way, if only the stats page didn't change.

With almost 700 hubs on this account, some with mega long titles, I am going to have to resort to printing the list.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I tried doing the security changes.

At the save-the-password point, I got this:

"Something went wrong.  Please try again. And when you get a chance, report this issue using the 'feedback' link."

I hope the questions took. smile

Edit: Hurray! The questions took. smile

I hope my password is still good. smile

Edit: Password is also alive and well. smile

1. simeonvisser profile image69
        simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

I like the new account page too! I do wonder why we have three security questions rather than one, which is common on other websites. Will it randomly select one of the three questions to validate our identity if needed?

2. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Its away off to the right on my screen. That alone will take some getting used to. Wouldn't it be better to have two columns for those of us with loads of hubs, it takes forever to scroll down.
        Oh and my stats are all messed up. I've got views that I know I didn't get, and google knows I didn't get. (and hub stats can't tell me where they came from).

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My stats are outside of the box too, as much as I would love to produce a screen shot.... the info is a bit sensitive!

EDIT: My shows the 7 day stats, but as a result the numbers do not stay within the box?

3. classicalgeek profile image82
        classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

When I began hubbing, you had to upload photos individually for each hub, even if you planned to use the same photo in more than one hub. Is it now safe to delete the duplicate photos? (I used them for visual continuity in certain topics.)

4. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

Scroll work is increased, and at first the stats page looks all scrunched up. But, as I navagate on the pages, it does seem to be a very smooth experience. The toggle for side-bars is a pretty good idea though.
        Nice job HP Team. As for the security changes, thanks for taking care of our Hub well being!
        Top-Notch.

5. AMSpace profile image59
        AMSpaceposted 13 years ago

I'm not very keen on this new layout.

For example, if I'm viewing "Your Questions" under the "Activity" tab, I now have to click twice, in order to see (for example) "Traffic Sources". To me, that's a huge oversight and more awkward. Yes, it's only an additional click, but even so. The layout feels a lot more...unworkable, too. I can't speak for other people, but I personally want functionality over pretty menus. The previous layout worked very well.

I can appreciate the effort that you HP guys have put into it, but unfortunately, it doesn't do it for me. I hope the second round of changes improve things. The other updates all sound very good though!

6. prairieprincess profile image92
        prairieprincessposted 13 years ago

I just noticed that the slide show views are gone, too. Was there a reason for this? I liked seeing who had viewed my slide show.

It looks great, though! It is quite a bit more organized, which is nice. Thanks, Hubpages!

7. melbel profile image93
        melbelposted 13 years ago

The search auto complete will be a huge help! As for the other updates I am sure I will love them, but it'll be something that I'll have to use more extensively that "just checking out the cool new update" to give helpful feedback. Looks cool, though!

8. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 13 years ago

interesting change. makes the page look blank and empty... Also, squishes everything. I like a wider working medium so that it's easier to see and less down scroll.

no more idea bank?

9. Michael Willis profile image68
        Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

I also do not like the Statistics page. Takes longer to scroll down, and there is a lot of "dead-space" on my computer screen on both sides.

10. profile image0
        Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

My accounts page was much better before.  New page is all smashed with wasted space on page.  No reason for this imo.  Filter is of no practical use.  Why this change??  Please bring back old page.

11. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Hey Paul,

I have a side bar question about security.
        Over the last few weeks I noticed a lot of spam emails by phishers, saying they saw my profile on HubPages, yada yada.
        Could there be some "visible" hack issue or harvester that is catching email addresses behind the scenes? Else, I will have to go through and see if my email is posted anywhere on hubs.

Thanks,
        James

ps, knowing what it takes to re-design --good job on the new layout!
        Looking forward to round-two.

12. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

I'm computer challenged so this might be a dumb question/questions but...Where is"Hubbers you follow"...and how do I remove ads from my hubs?

Click "Activity" on the new horizontal menu.

Then

"Hubbers You Follow" will show on the new vertical menu at left.

1. cheaptrick profile image75
            cheaptrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much.How do I remove advertisements from hubs and how do I disable ad's on future hubs?

I would rather not address that issue. Sorry. smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
              rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cheaptrick, you have to go into edit mode on your hub and go to settings on the right sidebar and you will see the ad setting level, click on desired setting.

so far, I like the changes.
              the hubs do look a bit bunched, I can imagine with hundreds of hubs, it may be a lot of scrolling.

1. cheaptrick profile image75
                cheaptrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks R.Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with that question.I just don't think my writing is up to par yet.I guess writing for the heck of it is frowned on?

13. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I like the new accounts page-- glad you took the photo view stats off.

1. sabrebIade profile image80
          sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I liked the old one better.
          Is excessive scrolling a good reason cause I'm going with that. 
          LOL

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Menu selections respond quickly.

3. Peter Owen profile image59
          Peter Owenposted 13 years ago

I see the "hubbers I follow" button. where is the button for hubbers who follow me?

1. camlo profile image84

I don't think there ever was one under 'My Account'. The Hubbers who follow  you are on your profile page.

4. profile image0
          TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I love to see the old my account interface. New interface is very short in width that making more stress to my eyes.

5. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I liked the older interface. Many of my hub names are of reasonable length so they take up 2-3 lines. That means scrolling through a list of over 200 hubs takes even more time!

6. KCC Big Country profile image84
          KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I too think the stats page is too scrunched making it more difficult to read and requires a lot of scrolling for those of us with several hundred hubs.  I'm glad to see the slideshow views stats are gone though.

7. Dolores Monet profile image95
          Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

Call me an old fuddy-duddy but I don't like it. The side bar shoves the other stuff off to the side and makes navigation more trouble. Plus, when you check comments, it doesn't show you how many comments you have.

8. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Me no like.

To be fair, most of it looks like an improvement, except the Statistics page which I hate.  And since that's the page I use most of all, it's a problem.

Like Wry, many of my Hubs have long names, so each title takes up two or three lines which makes scrolling even harder work.

The sidebar doesn't offer any improvement over the old layout of the Statistics page, and makes it harder to navigate instead of easier.  I thought the graphic indicators, with a legend at the bottom of the page, worked really well and was perfectly understandable.

9. Beth100 profile image70
          Beth100posted 13 years ago

First, Paul and HP staff, great work!  The changes took a lot of thought, programming and debugging before implementation and migration could happen.  Thanks for this.

Now, I have to agree that the stats page could use a bit more tweaking.  The filters at the top = great.  The smaller coverage and text for the main info = not so great.  The color and size of the categories over powers the info....  As for scrolling, perhaps you can freeze the header so it doesn't disappear when scrolling (similar to the header in Excel). 

Is there a reason the views for photos has been removed?  I found it useful especially since photos were the key to some of my hubs. 

The photos tab is very handy!  Gotta like that.  smile

"My Profile" and "Profile" are a bit confusing until you click on them to see what they're about.  Two different topics... perhaps change the descriptor for one to differentiate between the two.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide my feedback; thanks for accepting what I have to say; and

thanks HP team for your hard work!!  smile

(btw, it was the old style when I logged in this morning, and when I logged in tonight -- wow!  Nice surprise!)

10. QudsiaP1 profile image62
          QudsiaP1posted 13 years ago

First of all, let me congratulate you guys on accomplishing a successful website update without any of us even realising it or having to suffer any kind of lag etc.

I realised it yesterday when I checked hubpages from my blackberry.

I am impressed, it looks fantastic and more user friendly.

Of course, it will take some time getting used to it but it is okay, I love the change.

All the previous tabs exist.

Bravo hubpages, you should really be a country. tongue

11. Karanda profile image79
          Karandaposted 13 years ago

The changes look better initially but the Statistics page is definitely too scrunched up. I'm using the Page Down key instead of scrolling through, but I've got a lot less Hubs than others.

Still, I tend to export the stats to csv once a week and view them in excel instead. I'm sure we'll all get used to it in time. smile

12. Glenn Stok profile image96
          Glenn Stokposted 13 years ago

I noticed something was very different and I like it!!!  New, clean, easy-on-the-eyes.

Two things I noticed that I guess got lost by accident (those things happen)...

1. I no longer can find the link to see "Hubbers I'm Following."

2. A minor one...The icon and description to indicate a copied hub is not listed at the bottom of the Statistics page. And the icon for broken links not showing.

As usual you guys (and gals) are always working at making HubPages the best. smile

1. ezhang profile image82
            ezhangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Glenn, to get to the "Hubbers I'm following" section, you can choose "Activity" on the top navigation bar, and then you will see the "Hubbers You Follow" section on the left side.

I hope that helps.

13. Purple Perl profile image49
          Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Thumbs Up!
          I like the new feel to Hubpages. Excellent work!

14. itech profile image63
          itechposted 13 years ago

I completed my 50th Hub Yesterday and when I opened 'MY ACCOUNT' page today... I was really very surprised with new looks. I once thought that this is my Gift for publishing 50 Hubs but Faced the truth on forum i.e. changes were done for all hubbers.

Those Few minutes were really a great experience and enjoyable moments. smile tongue

15. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 13 years ago

Old interface -Single click for each section.

New interface -Two or more clicks to get to sub-sections. For example, My account >earning >trackers(3-clicks) which is annoying if you're using mobile phone to access hubpages. Why not add links to all sections in left sidebar ? I know it'll defeat the current design purpose but more clicks to get simple things done is annoyance.

Stats are also out of box (Browser - Firefox 3.6.13)

1. weblog profile image57
            weblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes!

16. profile image0
          Charlinexposted 13 years ago

I like the old design better. The new page layout is hard on the eyes. Also I prefer not to have so much black on the page.

17. kerryg profile image85
          kerrygposted 13 years ago

Hmm, it's pretty, but I'm afraid I agree with many of the other prolific hubbers here that the stats look too squished and require too much scrolling with 300+ hubs.

Also, while we're talking about the stats page, is there any chance we could get the tag filter back? I used that more than the category filter because I have, for example, gardening hubs in eight different gardening categories plus a few other random non-gardening categories such as "Worms" and "Regional Flora and Fauna" and with the tag filter I can just search for everything tagged "gardening."

18. Dolores Monet profile image95
          Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

I don't see Hub Hopping anywhere in the new feature. Is it gone or am I just missing it?

1. camlo profile image84

On the top striped border.

19. Silver Rose profile image66
          Silver Roseposted 13 years ago

I miss the old stats page! I don't understand why they are not using the left third of the screen. Couldn't they make the menu column on the left narrower and widen the stats?

20. paradigmsearch profile image60

Twice, since the upgrade, I have gotten this Title-Tuner error message:

"Title Tuner
          504 Gateway Time-out
          nginx"

Edit: But only with FF; IE works fine.

21. humagaia profile image57
          humagaiaposted 13 years ago

Hate the changes to the stats page and my home page!!!!!
          Over 50% of the screen is wasted on the stats page. You have not given enough space for both the 7-day and the slideshow views to be shown at the same time. You have not even given us an option to decide which of these we would prefer. I monitor my 7-day stats and now they have disappeared even though, in the Help section, you state that they should appear.
          Apparently you have taken notice of the first batch of posters and reinstated the slideshow views (and removed the 7-day views) as the slideshow views was not there yesterday and they are today, The 7-day views were there yesterday and they have disappeared, to my annoyance, today.
          The sidebar would be much better reinstated at the top of the screen and the space created used to widen the stats section. Basically move from a 2-column format to a single column format.
          As for the changes to the (my) homepage - WHY have you removed any capability to customize the homepage - and at the same time taken away ALL of the customized changes that I took so long to create, in the previous version?
          This so annoying!!
          My customized homepage had all of the information I wanted, in the format I required, and now it is ALL gone!
          Please, please, please take note of what is said by those with large numbers of hubs - you have made life so much more difficult with the changes you have made - even if they were with the best of intentions.
          Make changes to the interface to our audience (this is where we all make our money, HP included) or our SEO capabilities NOT to the statistics interface with hubbers. Things like allowing us to determine the ALT tags for our pictures (an SEO function not available to us), or giving us the opportunity to place our keywords at the (search engine  determined) end of a hub. But I digress.
          Number 1 - get the full width of the screen for stats.
          Number 2 - give me back my customized homepage.
          I don't want pretty - I want functional.

Odd... This is what I am currently seeing:

"Edit  Title  score  comments  1 day  7 days  30 days  ever  published "

Maybe it's a different browser refresh issue? smile

22. humagaia profile image57

Paradigmsearch wrote
          "Odd... This is what I am currently seeing:

"Edit  Title  score  comments  1 day  7 days  30 days  ever  published "

I see:

"Edit  Title  score  comments  1 day  30 days  ever 1 day  ever  published"
          the second '1 day ever'being for slideshows.
          Perhaps slideshows only shows for those that have hubs that include enough slides to make a show.
          Whatever the determinant - I want rid! I want my 7-day stats back!
          Personally I could not give a tinkers cuss for how many of my slideshows have been shown - I want the relevant information for increasing traffic, to determine when I am likely to hit certain adsense earning levels (which can be determined statistically from page views information). It allows me to determine whether my backlinking strategies are working.

I, too, prefer:

“Edit  Title  score  comments  1 day  7 days  30 days  ever  published”

As opposed to:

"Edit  Title  score  comments  1 day  30 days  ever 1 day  ever  published"
            If it’s not a refresh issue, then I am non-plussed as to why we are seeing different screens. smile

Edit: We are in different countries. I wonder if HP does mirror sites. smile

23. vietnamvet68 profile image60
          vietnamvet68posted 13 years ago

personally I do not like your new set up. When things are working good they way they were. Why change them?

24. humagaia profile image57

Paradigmsearch:

Edit: We are in different countries. I wonder if HP does mirror sites

I think it is more likely to be an 'If then else' type of programming construct. I fall within the 'then' and you fall within the 'else' (or the other way round, whichever).
          A good way out of this would be to allow us to decide which was best for us.
          If the consensus of opinion is taken and the stats revert to full width, all this conjecture is superfluous, as there would be enough room for both.

25. paradigmsearch profile image60

I wonder when Surprise Number Two is planned... lol

26. Brie Hoffman profile image61
          Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I keep wanting to mouse over the stats page to widen it...Please make it either the way it was or even better fill the screen and make it bigger NOT smaller.

27. Victoria Stephens profile image74
          Victoria Stephensposted 13 years ago

I much prefer the old look; everything was in sight at one glance, now I've got to keep clicking and searching for everything.  It's a bit off putting but I guess I'll get use to it eventually.x

28. paradigmsearch profile image60

I know this is against popular opinion, but I am becoming fond of it. smile

29. paradigmsearch profile image60

What? No one wants to torture HP anymore?

smile

30. paradigmsearch profile image60

Please keep specific items coming in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)