Hubber challks passed away last night, momster is in icu.

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (62 posts)
  1. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 11 years ago

I am at a loss for words at the moment, trying to think how I could break the news about the death of fellow hubber challks from a tragic car accident that happened last night. His wife, momster, (my sister) is in ICU at the moment from. I wanted to pass the word along to my fellow hubbers here.
    For those that believe in the power of prayer, please put my family, mljdgulley354, bmxchick, phankinson, and momster on your prayer list. Many hubbers here have become like family to myself and  my family. I will try to post more information as we deal with this difficult time. Challks liked to read hubs from hubbers, while his wife was becoming a rising star, as time allowed. They have three children that are staying with the family. I know in times like these, many hubbers may want to send a card of sympathy, if so, please email me.
    Thank you for your kindness, concerns, and support!
    tlpoague

1. writinglover profile image76
      writingloverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi!

I may not know any of you, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the loss and that every last one of you are in my prayers. This is a horrible tragedy that shouldn't have happened, but did. You've got my prayers (again) and support!

2. Hyphenbird profile image81
      Hyphenbirdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Words, the life blood of writers, are just not enough at times like this. Sorry sounds so weak however we really are and stand with you in any way possible. Please keep us updated as you are able. Bless you all.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking the same-- words, perhaps the best tools some of us have, are totally inadequate. Tragedy can be very swift and numbing, changing lives of those left behind so quickly.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, tipoague. We may have never met, but to those of us who have been here for a while, you seem like a familiar neighbor.  God bless you with courage and comfort.

3. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OH God Gabby, wow. I know how painful a time this must be. I was adopted into your family by your you, your mom and sister.  I am grieving with you. I am so sorry.

4. shofarcall profile image61
      shofarcallposted 11 years agoin reply to this

tlpoague, I am so sorry for your and your familys' loss. Each name is on my prayer list. Praying especially for your sister, momster for a full recovery from her injuries. May Gods mercy and love be upon you all.

5. moonlake profile image81
      moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you and your family.

6. Jamie Brock profile image91
      Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

tlpoague- I am so sorry to hear this... your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  It makes me terribly sad for the kids.  I hope you are holding up okay.. I know there isn't much I can do, but please if there is anything, let me know.  Sincerely, Jamie

7. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dearest Tlpoague:  I am so sorry to hear of your loss and yes, I do believe in the power of prayer and I'm sending my prayers to your sister and your family.  This is a very difficult time for you right now and I'm so sorry you have to endure this pain.  When I lost my sissy it was the most horrible thing I ever experienced.  I know she is around me and protecting me as I talk with her daily.  When she is around my dogs will sit in front of one of my lamps and bark for no reason other than to tell me she is in the room with me.  Your sissy will pull through her injuries both physical and emotional however it will take time.

8. dwachira profile image78
      dwachiraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi tlpoague,
      May you and your family have courage and strength to cope up with the hard times. Remain strong and everything shall be alright. I will play for healing and God's power upon your family. Sorry for the loss.

9. twig22bend profile image71
      twig22bendposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My prayers go out to you and your family. You all will remain in my prayers for healing and strength and courage. God be with you all.

2. faythef profile image69
    faythefposted 11 years ago

So sorry for  your loss..Your sister , you and your family are in my prayers...

3. WillStarr profile image81
    WillStarrposted 11 years ago

This very sad and distressing news. We will keep you in our prayers and if there's any way we can help, kindly let  us now...perhaps an internet get well card for momster?

And be sure to remember to take care of yourself, tlpoague. These things always affect the entire family, so see to your own needs, please.

4. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Although I do not know you and your family.....this is not important, at such a time of tragedy and grief. Surely, we can and will come together to express our deepest sympathies and offer comfort, in any way possible.  My heart is with you, since we all can feel the pain and struggle of loss, and the serious concern you must all have now, for your dear sister, in ICU. 
    When these tragedies occur, it is so very important to reach out and you have kindly given us the opportunity to be supportive to you and your family, no matter how small our contributions may be.
    Please be assured that you are all in our thoughts and prayers, that your sister is soon given a status of "stable and improving," each day.
    Wishing you faith, hope and strength in the love.of one another....... hugs of comfort.  .

5. kashmir56 profile image78
    kashmir56posted 11 years ago

Dear tlpoague so sorry to hear this sad news, will keep all
    of you in my prayers and thoughts !

6. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

tlpoague I am so sorry for your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

7. pinkdaisy profile image61
    pinkdaisyposted 11 years ago

I'm so sad to hear this sad

8. chrissieklinger profile image77
    chrissieklingerposted 11 years ago

Prayers for everyone through this difficult time!

1. shiningirisheyes profile image61
      shiningirisheyesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am including all of you in my deepest constant prayers.  Although I was not introduced, I am oh so deeply sorry for this tragedy.  I will keep you all in my prayers.

God Bless

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years ago

I am intensely sorry about all this accident and loss, and prayers have gone up for you and your family.

1. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is truly sad news. Your family will be in my prayers as well. I hope your sister will recover and heal quickly and my heart goes out to you all.
      Peg

10. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 11 years ago

What a horrendous tragedy. My thoughts are with all of you at this sad time.

11. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Words are so inadequate, but I want you to know that I am thinking of you, and sending out prayers for you and all of your family.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image62
      CASE1WORKERposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry it is so sad and also the shock- We had a good friend pass away a few days ago and I can understand your grief- praying that the family can accept what has happened and remember the good times

12. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
    ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

13. john000 profile image92
    john000posted 11 years ago

Oh, so sorry. Sending positive thoughts and hope for speedy recovery.

14. ologsinquito profile image81
    ologsinquitoposted 11 years ago

I am so sorry. Yes, I'll keep you in my prayers.

15. SoundNFury profile image81
    SoundNFuryposted 11 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss.  Hoping for a full and speedy recovery as well.

16. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

So very sorry to hear of this tragedy.  Thoughts and prayers for your family--absolutely!

17. JanMaklak profile image75
    JanMaklakposted 11 years ago

I am very sorry to hear about this.  It is a tragedy to loose people close to you.  My thoughts and prayers along with all hubbers I'm sure are with you and your family.

18. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

My sincere condolences tlpoague. I am sending healing wishes for your dear sister, and praying you can all find strength to get through this terrible time. Take good care of yourself.

19. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years ago

I didn't know Challks personally, but never the less it is always terrible to hear of a tragedy like this in a community where we all feel like we know each other. I am so sorry for your loss, and I sincerely hope your sister recovers well, and all of you are able to come to terms with this tragic event.

20. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

My best wishes for you and the family  may you find peace in the words from us  may your sister do better and think of het children.  With love to all.

21. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of such an awful thing happening.  Sincerest condolences to you, your sister, her children, and everyone in your family who is going through this. Sincerest wishes for your sister's recovery and the strength you'll all need to get through such a difficult time.

22. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Suspending my self-ban from the forums to give my condolences and best wishes to the family of challks in this time of sorrow.

--RG

23. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

I am sorry to hear about this tragic loss of a fellow hubber.   Many condolences to you, your sister and the family.    My heart goes out of to all.

24. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Like many others here, I do not know you, but I feel deeply for you at this sad and tragic time.  My sincere sympathies and condolences on your loss, and I send positive thoughts of light and healing for your sister.  Again, words are inadequate, and yet they are all we have.
    I wish you strength and courage, love, hope and health.
    Sincerely, Liz

25. twentyfive profile image78
    twentyfiveposted 11 years ago

They will be in my thoughts and prayers.. Sorry about your loss.

26. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

What a terrible tragedy!  I'm so sorry you are going through this.....I know the hub community will have an empty space now, but the words written will continue.   May you all have peace at this time and know that there will be light for you again.

27. sgbrown profile image93
    sgbrownposted 11 years ago

I'm sorry that I didn't know chalks or your sister, momster.  I am so sorry for you and your families loss. I hope your sister recouperates quickly and my prayers go out to you, she and all of your family.

28. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Like many have said, words are not sufficient in a time such as this.

So know that our love, our prayers, our sympathy, and our hope are with you and your family.  Whisper words of love into your sister's ear every chance you get until you can wrap a hug around her.

Will be praying.

29. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I don't have words to express the shock and sadness. What a tragedy. Your family will be in my prayers.

30. DeborahNeyens profile image95
    DeborahNeyensposted 11 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your sister recovers quickly from her injuries. My thoughts are with your family.

31. Lindy's World profile image60
    Lindy's Worldposted 11 years ago

I am sorry to hear of your lost.  You and your family will be in our prayers.

32. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

So very sorry to hear of your loss. May you all be held in the hands of the all in all and may all your guardian angels surround you now is this time of deep sadness. many many blessings and prayers go to you and your family!!!!  may love and light surround you now...hugs(((((())))))))......

33. Craan profile image76
    Craanposted 11 years ago

Though I didn't know Chalks, I'm tremendously sorry for his tragic death. May he RIP, and his wife, find comfort in the tender arms of God Almighty and her loving family. It's so difficult to deal with such times! I too am mourning the loss of my step dad who passed away this weekend.

34. profile image0
    coffeesnobposted 11 years ago

I am praying that the God of all comfort will meet you all in your deepest need.

35. profile image0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years ago

I'm so sorry. What a dreadful loss. Our thoughts are with you.

36. tlpoague profile image81

Thank you everyone for your comments, prayers, hugs, and support. I wish time would allow me to answer each one of you back personally.
    It is hard to mourn someone you don't know, or know well. Challks may not of left many footprints here, but in other places his presence spoke volumes. (He was an avid EQ player named Klone.) I know he enjoyed reading more than writing. I kept after him for the last year to post something. Naturally, he didn't but loved to tease me to post his ideas.
    Momster is holding her own after encountering 2 broken legs, fracture in her right shoulder blade, contusions on her lung, and many other minor injuries. We were grateful when the doctors said that her CT scan was normal. They will be keeping her sedated for a few more days as her lung heals. Their boys are doing fine physically and working out their grief in their own ways.
    Our prayers so far have been answered; as we, each in our own way, deal with this loss, guilt, anxiety, and fear of the unknown. Our next step is to pray that soon Momster will be home and Challk's family can find comfort and healing.
    Thank you everyone again for your care and concerns.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So sorry for your loss, tlpoague. Prayers will continue for you and your family for the days ahead. Prayer works. Peace and God's love to you.

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

tlpoague - Although I don't know you and your family personally, this tragic news saddened me immensely. 

Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your brother-in-law Challk.  May he rest in peace.

You, your sister Momster and her boys, and the rest of your family, are in my prayers.  I'm glad to hear Momster's CT scan was normal and I pray for her physical recovery soon. 

Sincerely,
      Rosie

37. thekatydid profile image60
    thekatydidposted 11 years ago

So sorry to hear the news and I'll certainly be praying for you and your family...

38. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

Lap(s)  Love and Prayers, Praying for you family to be strengthen and for your sis to be healed.

39. seajon profile image61
    seajonposted 11 years ago

What a sad news, as I read this I already recited a prayer for them especially momster who was so kind. She was the first one to welcome me here in hubpages. I hope she will survived this ordeal. Keep Strong and my prayer are for them.

40. tlpoague profile image81

I would love to thank everyone again for their prayers and support. I apologize for not spending more time here, but have been traveling daily to help with family matters.
    Update on Momster:
    She is awake now and doing wonders with her injuries. (Even the restraints couldn't keep her down!) She has been moved to a physical therapy ward and working hard to gain enough mobility to go home soon. A memorial will be held for Challks this weekend. If anyone would like to send condolences please feel free to send them via email on her HP profile. She is trying to check her emails and social sites as time allows.
    Again, I would love to send everyone a personal thank you. Even though many do not know us well, it has been a blessing to see the support and prayers we have received. I hope to be able to spend time here soon to catch up with all I have missed. Please, again, forgive me for not replying to each comment on its own.

1. Craan profile image76
      Craanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry to hear this, please take care of yourself!

41. chrissieklinger profile image77
    chrissieklingerposted 11 years ago

Thank you so much for the update....continued prayers being sent for her and the children as they go down this difficult road to recovery!

42. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I am so sorry for your family's huge loss.  I had heard we lost a Hubber recently, and that his wife was injured, but it took several days to learn the names (but I have been sending prayers all along).  I have read your hubs, and Momster's, and my heart breaks to know you've had this tragedy.

It is so kind of you to keep us informed - I hope you know that everyone here is with you in spirit, and the network of support is literally worldwide.

43. tlpoague profile image81

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you again for your prayers and support. HubPages has been a wonderful support group. Momster is doing great. She is home now with her boys and hopes to begin hubbing again someday soon when it isn't so emotional. Please forgive us and bare with us since our time here has dropped. Even though we are but a whisper passing through, we have thought of everyone here every day.
    Thanks again to our HP family!

44. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

We are just happy when you drop us a small morsel letting us know Momster is making progress

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with TirelessTraveler - we really appreciate your taking the time in the midst of these difficult days and weeks to let us know how the family is doing. Prayers still coming - as are caring thoughts.

45. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 10 years ago

I wasn't sure where or how to post this, so I thought I would post it here. Since I have had questions about momster, I thought I would write a hub to update HP to her progress, because sometimes it is difficult to keep up with new hubs and many of the "older" people have moved on, but check in every so often. Thank you HP family for your support and prayers while my family has dealt with so much in this last year.
    Forgive me if I wasn't suppose to post a link.
    http://tlpoague.hubpages.com/hub/Coping-With-A-Tragedy

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)