Rigorous Review Contest Winners & Q&A

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 86 discussions (232 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7325820_f248.jpg
    Our Rigorous Review contest spans from October 31st at 12:00pm PT to November 28th at 12:00pm PT. During this period, if you publish a Hub with a Ratings Capsule set to single or multiple person reviews, you will be automatically entered into the contest, and should you qualify, may win anything between $25 and $200 in cash prizes.

Before entering in the contest, visit our official contest page, read through our official rules and submission requirements, understand the contest judging criteria, and familiarize yourself with the timing.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask them here!

Let me preempt some of the most common questions below:

Rigorous Review Contest FAQ

Do I need to do anything special to make sure my Hub is properly submitted as a contest entry?
    So long as your Hub contains a Ratings Capsule set to single or multiple person reviews (not recipe reviews) and you are publishing it for the first time, it will be properly submitted.

Where can I see contest entries other Hubbers have submitted?
    Visit the "Post Your Rigorous Review Contest Entries Here!" forum thread.

You encourage us to review multiple products in one Hub, but I can only include one Ratings Capsule- how does that work out?
    I recommend that you 'use' the Ratings Capsule on the product/place/service that you think is best, the most important, or the one on which you have the most insights to share.

Where can I learn more about the Ratings Capsule?
    Check out its official Learning Center entry.

Where can I get more advice on writing good reviews?
    Follow the HubPages Blog! Throughout the month of November, we will be sharing tips on writing great reviews that will help you create contest entries that are more likely to win prizes (not to mention Hubs that will be more likely to see success over the long run).

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO YOUR ENTRIES HERE.
    They will be deleted. If you would like to share your Rigorous Review contest entries, please do so in this thread.

1. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone,
      I read and re-read rules and want to make sure that the review I want to submit is ok. Is it a review and comparison of several items that fall in a particular category. Is that acceptable?

Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely! Reviews comparing several products also tend to fare better over time. big_smile

1. janshares profile image92
          jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thanks, mine is almost done, coming later tonight BY MIDNIGHT EST, 9pm your time?

2. Simone Smith profile image86

We have our first contest winner!!

Today's Daily Drawing winner is Nettlemere for the Hub Samsung WB700 Review.

It is positively packed with great photos taken with the camera, as well as great insights, hence Nettlemere's entry shall make for a great resource for those interested in purchasing the camera. Nicely done, Nettlemere- and congrats on your win!

1. Nettlemere profile image75
      Nettlemereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Simone - that's been a great boost to my day!

3. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years ago

I previously published a review of a product, but find that I needed to revamp it--add a map, personal review, and more product info--that I failed to really spell out in the first go-around. If I have already unpublished it to make these new changes, can I republish and then enter my Hub in this competition? Thanks!--Deb

Hi Deb!
      Unfortunately, contest entries have to be published for the first time in order to qualify, so that particular review won't work, but I do encourage you to consider entering additional reviews this month!

1. profile image0
        GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simone, for replying to my post. Yes, I am actively working a couple of Hubs to submit. Hope to upload them soon!--Deb

4. Simone Smith profile image86

Friday's winner is in!

Today's Daily Drawing winner is ThePracticalMommy for the Hub SneakPeeq, an Online Discount Shopping Website.  Congratulations, ThePracticalMommy! SneakPeeq sounds so cool. big_smile

Keep in mind that Saturday, Sunday, and Monday's winners will all be declared on Monday afternoon. Have a great weekend!

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
      ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much, Simone! big_smile

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
        Just Ask Susanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Well done!

Thank you!

5. chrissieklinger profile image76
    chrissieklingerposted 11 years ago

If we read another hubber's article and we like the product they review, are we allowed to click on the Amazon capsule (if offered) and order the product? I know we are not allowed to purchase Amazon items off of ourselves, but are we allowed to order off of other hubbers and they get the credit?

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i have done it in the past but wasn't sure whether Hubpages or the authors ad code was on at the time lol.....jimmy

2. Victoria Lynn profile image89
      Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've wondered the same thing. I've actually gotten out of HubPages and gone to Amazon to order something. It was legit, so leaving the page seems unfair to me for the hubber, so I would love to have this question clarified.

3. Simone Smith profile image86

Excellent question. If you're legitimately interested in a product you see on HubPages, go ahead and buy it! I have done it once or twice in the past.

Clicking on ads/products only gets shady when it is done just to boost others' or your own earnings. smile

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good to know! Thanks, Simone!

2. sholland10 profile image83
        sholland10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simone!  I have wondered about that and feared I would be breaking the rules if I clicked on another hubber's ad.  I am glad we can click on the ads to order products on Amazon or E-Bay.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

6. Simone Smith profile image86

The weekend Daily Drawing winners are in!

They are:
    CClitgirl for the Hub Buying and Upgrading to a DSLR Camera
    Johnrr631992 for the Hub Western Digital My Passport External Hard Drive Review
    Prairieprincess for the Hub TV Show Review: Switched At Birth

Congratulations, you three! Love these reviews. smile

7. Simone Smith profile image86

The weekend Daily Drawing winners are in!

They are:
    CClitgirl for the Hub Buying and Upgrading to a DSLR Camera
    Johnrr631992 for the Hub Western Digital My Passport External Hard Drive Review
    Prairieprincess for the Hub TV Show Review: Switched At Birth

Congratulations, you three! Love these reviews. smile

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

well done guys and well deserved.....jimmy

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image88

Congrats!!

8. cclitgirl profile image92
    cclitgirlposted 11 years ago

Yippee!!  Thank you, thank you!!

1. profile image0
      kelleywardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!!!!

9. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago
  10. Johnrr631992 profile image85
    Johnrr631992posted 11 years ago

THANKS!!! This is my Third Contest I have entered hubs into and I have FINALLY WON!!! Thanks HubPages, and cannot wait to submit more reviews!!

1. profile image0

Congratulations! This is my very first contest and I love the challenge it brings! Thanks to Simone and the HP gang for cooking this up (no pun intended!). Still working on my second entry, but sidetracked by the answers/forums sections. Oops! Time to get back to work!-Deb

Nice! I'm glad you kept on trying, Johnrr631992. And I'm glad you're working on another entry, GoldenThreadPress!

11. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 11 years ago

Great contest, I have published my first one for the contest.

12. daisydayz profile image85
    daisydayzposted 11 years ago

Congrats to the winners so far, still crossing my fingers I'll win one too!

13. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 11 years ago

When does week two start for the contest? Just wondering how the 4 weeks of the contest are divided. Thanks,

Kelley

1. chrissieklinger profile image76
      chrissieklingerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excellent question, I was wondering the same thing. So far this contest does not seem as popular as the recipe one was, so I may have a chance at winning something smile

1. profile image0

I agree. I just want to spread each review out so I have a chance each week.

Week Two starts Wednesday at noon PT, exactly one week after Week One started. Hope that helps!

1. profile image0

Thanks Simone! That's what I figured but wanted to make sure. Have a great day!

Kelley

14. Simone Smith profile image86

Hi everyone!

Today's Daily Drawing winner is Natashalh for the Hub Furminator Review | The Best Dog Brushes and Deshedding Tools.

Congratulations, Natashalh! That's a fab review!!

Wondering why the winner is in so late? Many other Hubbers who were randomly selected first ended up having improperly cited images, which disqualified them. sad

To make sure your image use does not disqualify you, be sure to read this Learning Center guide before hitting "Publish": http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Happy Election Night, everyone!

1. Natashalh profile image72
      Natashalhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

I am so excited!!

Congrats! That's awesome!

2. GoodLady profile image91
        GoodLadyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's just so great Natasha!!!!  Well done and congratulations. x

2. profile image0

Simone:
      I have a subscription to Clipart.com. I have been using this notation because these clipart works are under a subscription by me: Deb Melian, CC BY-NC-ND, Clipart.com  And, finally the file which I download from Clipart.com looks like this: SAMPLE: http://downloads.clipart.com/16351084.j … &h=... (I left out the rest for security reasons).  So my question is, how do I properly cite my artwork/photos/illustration on HubPages? I want to properly do this, not only for this contest, but also for SEO, proper linking, etc. And, could you let me know how to cite when a company (in this case SCANPAN gives me permission (and they sent me a professional photo) for one of their products. How would I go about citing that? (Hope this all makes sense smile Thanks!--Deb

Thanks for asking these questions, GoldenThreadPress!!

Because you own them, you do not usually need to cite images that you have purchased, but since contest judges can't tell the difference, we need a citation that lets us know. When citing images to which you have purchased rights, please say something like:

Rights purchased from Clipart.com

When using a photo with permission, just cite the source (e.g. SCANPAN) and say "used with permission":

So the citation would be like:
        Copyright SCANPAN, used with permission

1. profile image0

Simone:
          So as not to belabor this topic, what do I do about the source url? Do I need to put down the full url (as shown in prior post, leave it blank, or put Clipart.com? And, if I do not use, Deb Melian, CC-...etc., how do other Hubber's or others know not to use these cliparts? Also, got an email from SCANPAN who wanted their citation to read as noted below. Will this be a problem? Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it!
          Here's my stab at it:
          Source: Rights purchased from Clipart.com or Used with permission SCANPAN USA
          URL: (Do I need to supply at all?)
          Caption: (I'm good with this smile    Look okay?--Deb

1. alocsin profile image88
            alocsinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am not seeing proper licensing attribution for any of these winners, Simone (i.e. "Attribution-ShareAlike: CC: BY-SA")

Does that mean that as long as we identify the source of the image, it's CC and a link, the entry is still allowed?  (Which is what I did for previous entries.)

Also, is it okay to just put our name and a copyright notice as the source, if we took the image?  That is, we don't have to put licensing for it, if its ours, do we?

So long as the conditions of the license are met, in this case, I am happy (e.g. attribution is properly made, which means the author is named, and I have a means of getting to the image source and verifying the license).

If it is not obvious that one's images are one's own, yes, naming oneself in the source box is helpful big_smile

Of course, I *prefer* that people spell out licenses and sources in their image citations!!!

3. Vellur profile image95
      Vellurposted 11 years ago

Here is a review of my favorite kitchen appliance

http://vellur.hubpages.com/hub/Kenwood- … O-A-review

Wrong place! That link belongs in the other thread. wink

1. Vellur profile image95
          Vellurposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

2. Vellur profile image95
          Vellurposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think this will not be considered for the contest because I have published it before and submitting it today out here!!

Anyway I thought I will share information of this wonderful product that I use everyday. It helps me to be healthy day after day. Wherever I go or whatever I do my smoothie is ready to go whenever I want to !!!

http://vellur.hubpages.com/hub/Kenwood- … O-A-review

2. chrissieklinger profile image76

Congrats Natasha!

1. Natashalh profile image72
          Natashalhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! smile

3. pstraubie48 profile image82
        pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

http://pstraubie48.hubpages.com/hub/Hou … Vileda-Mop
        Review: house cleaning product  vileda mop

Wrong forum thread! wink

4. Simone Smith profile image86

Hi everyone!

Today's Daily Drawing winner is Happyboomernurse for the Hub Delaware History Trail: Ross Mansion & Bon Appe'tit Restaurant in Seaford.

It's a fabulous Hub with tons of original images, a Map, and loads of useful insights. Well done, Happyboomernurse!

1. ptosis profile image67
          ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm flummoxed  - where is the listing of all the daily/weekly winners? When I did a search on Hubpages I found the contest from last year (it said 12 months ago) then the contest from last year didn't have the year on it. Very confusing.

What is this week's inspiration question? It's a different inspiration question each week for the review contest - yes?

Daily and weekly winners are added to this thread.

Daily winners from Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are all announced on the following Monday, so the weekend winners (plus the week one weekly winners) will be listed here this afternoon!

I am about to post a new contest-friendly WTI theme, and yes, the themes we share this month are contest-friendly. smile

5. Rosyel Sawali profile image63
        Rosyel Sawaliposted 11 years ago

Is it okay to review a music album? ^_^

1. daisydayz profile image85
          daisydayzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I assume so as books and films are allowed, they class as a product I would have though

Yep!

6. ptosis profile image67
        ptosisposted 11 years ago

I was going to do a review on a particular service repair shop - then figured out it was for product and not services. - Or can it? Services offered nationally such as franchises but a single franchise shouldn't reflect on entire nation of franchises.

So far I like the camera reviews the best.

1. daisydayz profile image85
          daisydayzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can review any product, service, place you want pretty much. Only thing that isnt included is recipes this time I believe

Correct!

7. soni2006 profile image76
        soni2006posted 11 years ago

My second entry for the contest where I have gone in great detail about a resort we visited in Goa, India. This review includes loads of photographs I have taken there and covered most things. I hope you will like it. if not, I still need your feedback. http://soni2006.hubpages.com/hub/Estrel … Goa-Review

Wrong thread!

1. soni2006 profile image76
            soni2006posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh I am so sorry I posted it in the wrong thread but I am not able to remove it.

Not to worry!

8. alocsin profile image88
        alocsinposted 11 years ago

Are pictures from shopping sites (such as Amazon) or manufacturer's websites (such as a publisher or Apple) allowed if given a source and link?

Such sites don't specifically prohibit or attribute their products, but presumably they would want as wide a publicity as possible for their items, and so would welcome use of their pics.

From Amazon, if you are an affiliate, yes. For other sites, often the answer is no. I would prefer that people just use CC-BY or Public Domain images if they don't use their own to play it safe (and save me the trouble of reading through each company's TOS page).

9. Simone Smith profile image86

Today's Daily Drawing winner is CarlySullens for the Hub Avalon Park Florida: What is it Like Living in A Planned Community?.

It's a splendid, thorough, beautifully-formatted review, and I had never seen a review of a planned community before. Love it!

10. CarlySullens profile image82
        CarlySullensposted 11 years ago

Wow!  I am so honored to be chosen.  Thank you HubPages team for your continued support to be a writer.

I really love the Hub, CarlySullens. I'm so glad you're participating in the contest!

11. Mac Mission profile image59
        Mac Missionposted 11 years ago

wow this is really great

12. JeffSnyder88 profile image60
        JeffSnyder88posted 11 years ago

What a junk site.

Are you having trouble entering the contest, JeffSnyder88? Is there something we can do to clarify things?

13. Simone Smith profile image86

Today's Daily Drawing winner is Break of Dawn for the Hub Review - Kylie's Blossoms.

Lovely review, Break of Dawn!

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's Daily Drawing winners, as well as the Weekly Winners for Week One of the contest, will be announced Monday afternoon.

Have a great weekend, everyone! big_smile

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simone, could you provide a date the drawing is for, please?  With all the days, and weeks it is a little confusing when you just reference "Today's Daily Drawing".

Sure thing, wilderness!

14. snakeslane profile image81
        snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

I wrote a review about a product that I had mentioned in two previously published Hubs. The Hubs were not reviews (they were photo galleries) but in my contest entry (review) I used some information and images from the photo gallery Hubs. If this disqualifies my contest entry I am OK with that. Just wondering how I would be notified? Thanks.

So long as the content of that entry is original (e.g. not duplicate), it's fine! No worries about using photos you have already used before. smile

1. snakeslane profile image81
            snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OK, will wait and see on that.

15. Simone Smith profile image86

This Weekly Prize winners for Week One of the Rigorous Review Contest are in!

It is with great pleasure that I present:
        Great Toy For Toddlers - Fisher-Price Incrediblock by sarahk80
        Three Twins Ice Creamâ„¢ Sustainably Produced And Organic by K9keystrokes
        The Most Comfortable Womens Sandals by GoodLady
        Must-Have Carpet Deep Cleaner for Homeowners by ktrapp
        Delicious Alternatives to Milk by renegadetory
        What is the Best Halo Game? by SimeyC
        Edgar Allan Poe Museum in Richmond, Virginia by Denise Handlon

In addition to winning $25, these Hubbers are now candidates for the $50 Best Product Review, Service Review, Restaurant Review, and Place Review Prizes, as well as the $200 Grand Prize.

You can win one of these prizes too, should you also be chosen as one of the Weekly Prize winners. To boost your odds of being chosen, check out our judging criteria on our official contest page.

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
          Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow-my granddaughter just called me with the news.  Thanks!  and congratulations to all of the other winners from week #1.  smile

1. cardelean profile image86
            cardeleanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile  Congrats everyone!

Thanks!  smile

2. Happyboomernurse profile image83
            Happyboomernurseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! I love this hub. Also, how sweet that you learned of the win from your granddaughter.

2. sarahk80 profile image85
          sarahk80posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone and the rest of the HubPages staff!  I am so excited to have been picked as a winner!

3. ktrapp profile image92
          ktrappposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What a nice surprise! Thanks so much and congrats to all the winners! I enjoy the variety of all the review Hubs so far and look forward to reading more in the coming weeks.

1. Happyboomernurse profile image83

Hi Ktrapp. Loved your carpet review hub! Congrats on the win.

4. K9keystrokes profile image83
          K9keystrokesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A very sweet treat! Thank you HP.
          Congrats to all of the other Hubbers who took home a prize! smile

16. Simone Smith profile image86

I now have the latest Daily Drawing winners, too! big_smile

November 9th's Daily Drawing winner is AustralianNappies for the Hub Baby Love Nappy Pants 2012 Review.

November 10th's Daily Drawing winner is Perspycacious for the Hub Westgate Resort, Park City, Utah and ........... A Carefree Family Reunion.

November 11th's Daily Drawing winner is Sharkye11 for the Hub Eureka Powerline Vacuum Cleaner Review.

Nicely done, y'all!

1. profile image0

Congratulations, too, to all the winners! What inspiration and great Hubs! Kudos!--Deb

2. AustralianNappies profile image78
          AustralianNappiesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was so exciting to see my user name here! Thank you! I am just thrilled!

17. glassvisage profile image83
        glassvisageposted 11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners! This is fun to see the updates on the winning Hubs. Great idea for a contest smile

1. Happyboomernurse profile image83

K9keystrokes,
          Loved your awesome Three Twins Ice Cream Review, it made my mouth water just reading about this quality ice cream with the unique flavors.

18. daisydayz profile image85
        daisydayzposted 11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners so far!

19. Sharkye11 profile image90
        Sharkye11posted 11 years ago

Wow! Thank you to everyone! I was very pleasantly surprised this morning! I owe my vacuum cleaner a date night, I guess! Congratulations to everyone else too, I have really enjoyed reading all the wonderful reviews.

20. Simone Smith profile image86

I have another winner to announce!

November 12th's Daily Drawing winner is mommymaya for the Hub Passion for Savings.

Congratulations, mommymaya. smile

1. mommymaya profile image59
          mommymayaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for liking my review! I am new to this community and this has made me so happy. I feel encourage to dedicate more time to this site. Congrats and good luck to everyone participating.

I have such a smile on my face right now smile Thank you http://bridalletter.hubpages.com/ for letting me know on your comment! Welcome to Hub Pages. I look forward to your posts!

Thank you!

You're definitely starting off on the right foot, mommymaya!

21. Simone Smith profile image86

Happy Wednesday, y'all!

November 13th's Daily Drawing winner is The Salvation Army Corps Community Center - Sierra Vista for the Hub ptosis.

Congratulations on your win, ptosis!

1. ptosis profile image67
          ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Thanks for the contest! I am really happy. Whoo - hooo!

22. GoodLady profile image91
        GoodLadyposted 11 years ago

Congratulations everyone!  This is fun!
        Thanks for my win last week too.

1. Perspycacious profile image64
          Perspycaciousposted 11 years agoin reply to this

While it doesn't match the enjoyment of the reunion/vacation, winning a Daily Drawing for my Hub on Westgate/Park City was a thrill.  I will be doing more reading of the other winning Hubs.  Thanks, and congratulations to my fellow winning Hubbers!

23. chrissieklinger profile image76

Do we have to put links to all our contest entries in the forum to be considered for a prize, or will any hubs published with the rating capsule throughout the month be considered?

Nope! Any Hub with a Ratings Capsule set to single person or audience reviews (not recipe reviews) counts.

24. chrissieklinger profile image76

Sorry, another question- I picked the exclusive title Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe and I was going to try a few and compare them on the hub and review the best one as well as include some history and facts about hot chocolate. I know we can't submit recipe hubs to this contest but I want to remove the recipe capsules since I am listing more than one recipe. So, I have two questions, if it is an exclusive and all the recipe capsules showed up, can I delete those capsules and list several recipes or do I have to stick to just one? The second quesiton is, if I review several recipes and compare to store bought mixes, can it be entered in the contest?

That sounds like a good plan!
          It's fine that you use recipe capsules- what matters is that you have the Ratings Capsule set for a non-recipe rating for your favorite hot chocolate mix (or the one to which you most want to apply a rating).
          You can list as many recipes as you like; just use additional Text Capsules.

25. Simone Smith profile image86

Hi everyone!!

November 14th's Daily Drawing winner is Millionaire Tips for the Hub Review of The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack.

Congrats on your win, Millionaire Tips! Your review rather makes me want to nab The Sims.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
          Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh! Thank you so much Simone!  Winning the contest is just as exciting as getting a new expansion pack!

2. soni2006 profile image76

Hello Simone, I think I am reading it wrong. The winner is Millionaire Tips and the hub is "Review of the.....".  It happens sometimes with me too.

Bahaha, thanks soni2006!! Sorry about that. wink

1. soni2006 profile image76

I am a copy editor, I think that's why I saw that or may be but it was a good one.

26. glassvisage profile image83
        glassvisageposted 11 years ago

Hi! May I ask if the "Best Place" category includes cities, etc.?

It certainly does, glassvisage!

1. glassvisage profile image83
            glassvisageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you missy!

27. JJMargaret profile image61
        JJMargaretposted 11 years ago

I am VERY new to HubPages. I figured I would try to enter a review to get my username out there and I tried to publish a review on a medical service. However, it was flagged that ads were disabled. I am okay with that since I need recognition at this point more than $$ and see now that ads are disabled because of the medical content it contains. Does that mean it will not be able to be submitted for the purpose of the contest? It is still listed as "pending".
        Thanks for any help. JJ

Welcome to HubPages, JJ! So long as a Hub is published (and Pending Hubs are published) and it contains a Ratings Capsule set to a non-recipe review (and of course meets our submission requirements as outlined on the contest page), you're good to go!

I'm so glad you're getting started on HubPages, and no worries about the ads being disabled. So that we can offer ads on most Hubs, we have to adhere to some pretty strict standards, so we just have no choice but to turn off ads for some content that advertisers consider to be 'sensitive'. smile

28. Simone Smith profile image86

Hi everyone!!

Day 15's Daily Drawing winner is Dorsi for the Hub A Review of VistaPrint - Online Printing Services.

Yay Dorsi!

Also, because I may have limited Internet access in the beginning of next week, I have decided to play it safe and announce our Week 2 winners early!

It is with great pleasure that I present:
        Bike Trailer Review | InStep Sync Single by Radcliff
        Mini Tydee: Doc Martens for Women by theclevercat
        The Homestead Heritage, Waco, Texas by Randy M.
        Top 5 Places to Eat with Kids in Big Sky, Montana by Mrs. Menagerie
        Great Sushi Restaurant in Pasadena, CA by watergeek
        Avalon Park Florida: What is it Like Living in A Planned Community? by CarlySullens
        Best Websites For Dog Lovers - Reviews and Ratings by AliciaC

We had a tough time selecting only seven winners this week, to be sure!

That said  these reviews are really top notch. In addition to offering tons of useful analysis and information (along with search-friendly titles that are less likely to have to contend with product listings), many of these winning Hubs include original video, which adds loads of value.

In addition to winning $25, these Hubbers are now candidates for the $50 Best Product Review, Service Review, Restaurant Review, and Place Review Prizes, as well as the $200 Grand Prize.

You, too, can be up for these prizes- especially if you pay special attention to the judging criteria on our official contest page.

Congratulations to this week's winners, and good luck to all the participants!

1. AliciaC profile image94
          AliciaCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much, Simone! This is so exciting!

1. chrissieklinger profile image76
            chrissieklingerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats everyone! I just finished a review of Safelite Auto Glass Repair and posted it to their FB page and here is the response I got:
            Thanks so much for taking the time to write a great, informative post about auto glass damage and your experience with our mobile service! We're glad you liked it, have a great weekend! -Jaclyn

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

1. watergeek profile image95
              watergeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ooh. That's a good idea!

2. GoodLady profile image91
            GoodLadyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amazing hubs!  Congratulations everyone.

2. Dorsi profile image87
          Dorsiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whoo hoo! What a great surprise! Thanks!

3. watergeek profile image95

Thank you Simone et al. Since it's my favorite restaurant I wrote about, and I took myself to dinner to take photos, it was really fun writing the hub. I'm glad you liked it too.

4. Randy M. profile image74
          Randy M.posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much Simone for including my Hub on Homestead Heritage for one of this week's winners, and congratulations to all the other winners.  I will have to read them and get to know some more HubPages members.

5. K9keystrokes profile image83
          K9keystrokesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice job! Congrats to all winners! smile

29. CarlySullens profile image82
        CarlySullensposted 11 years ago

WOW!  I am so honored, again.  Thank you Simone and HubPages staff.  I also like reading everyone else's reviews.  There is so much information in the above hubs.  I am learning so much.

30. Mrs. Menagerie profile image90
        Mrs. Menagerieposted 11 years ago

Thanks so much Hubpages!  What a happy surprise!!!

31. YoJDawg profile image70
        YoJDawgposted 11 years ago

Can you qualify by reviewing apps?

1. ktrapp profile image92
          ktrappposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would certainly think so. One of the winners this week reviewed websites.

1. YoJDawg profile image70
            YoJDawgposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Alright, thanks for the info

2. watergeek profile image95

Yes, I reviewed MS Publisher.

Ktrapp and watergeek are correct! smile

32. Simone Smith profile image86

Hey everyone!! Just a heads up- because I have ended up somewhere with almost nonexistent Internet access, I won't be able to declare Daily Drawing winners for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday until Wednesday afternoon. My apologies for the delay, and thanks for your patience!!

I noticed you weren't around yesterday. Glad you're okay, and hope you can get better Internet access soon! smile

2. aykianink profile image60
          aykianinkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I, too, was eagerly awaiting your post.  There are days when I don't have internet and I barely notice.  Then there are days where I think it's a fate worse than death.  Hopefully, you're in the former camp, Simone!:-)

1. profile image0

I agree. I also think we need to step back periodically and take in life other than a computer monitor and just focus on the now! Even so, Simone, we eagerly await your return!--Deb

3. Simone Smith profile image86

Thanks y'all! I suppose it was good to be 'off the grid' for a while, but BOY, is it ever great to be back online! Thanks for being so understanding. smile

33. Simone Smith profile image86

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your patience with this latest batch of Daily Drawing winners. At long last, I can happily present them!

November 16th's Daily Drawing winner is How to Continue to Work Out While Traveling or on Holiday by chrissieklinger
        November 17th's Daily Drawing winner is The Village Framer - A Small Business Review - Small Business Saturday by cclitgirl
        November 18th's Daily Drawing winner is How to Save Money on Your Heating Cost Your Home Heater Review by suzzycue
        November 19th's Daily Drawing winner is The Best Ice Museum in Fairbanks, Alaska by Abbyfitz
        November 20th's Daily Drawing winner is Spruce Grove Inn, Banff, Canada - Review by mooboomoo

This is a fabulous bunch of reviews. Well done, y'all!

1. suzzycue profile image87
          suzzycueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Simone Smith and Hubpages, I am honored with this award.Yaaahoooo! Congratulations to all the other winners and high hopes for all that entered.Good Luck to everyone.

2. Abbyfitz profile image73
          Abbyfitzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was so surprised when I opened my email this evening! I never thought I'd win. Congratulations to everyone!

3. mooboomoo profile image78
          mooboomooposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Thank you so much, what a great surprise and my first ever contest win on hub pages! Congrats to all of the other winners too.

34. cclitgirl profile image92
        cclitgirlposted 11 years ago

Thank you so much!  I appreciate HubPages and Simone, thank you for your hard work!  smile

Congrats to you Cyndi.  smile

35. miscellanea profile image63
        miscellaneaposted 11 years ago

How would I know If Iam in the contest?

So long as you publish a Hub that meets the entry requirements outlined on our official contest page, you have successfully entered! big_smile

1. miscellanea profile image63
            miscellaneaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone smile

36. Simone Smith profile image86

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Our latest winner is in!

The Daily Drawing winner for November 21st is shuck72 for the Hub The Best Entertainment Magazine: Entertainment Weekly.

Congratulations, shuck72!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)