Hi HubMobsters, Some of you know me already but for those who don't I have been hubbing for more than a year and it has been a wonderful experience. First all of let me wish you a Happy new year. I hope you all had an awesome time. This is going to be an amazing year.
Last year Ryan introduced the Hubmobs and they were a great success with several hubs reaching first page on Google every week. With the holiday season we stopped the HubMob and a couple of weeks ago when Ryan asked me to help bringing it back I couldn't be more than happy to help.
So to go with the New Year resolutions the first official topic for 2009 is Ways To Improve Your Life In 2009
I chose this topic because we all have our own ideas of how to make our life better so it would be easy for all hubbers to join in. Remember you have a whole week to join in the fun. All you need to do is pick your subject, whether you can improve your life by learning a new skill, starting a new hobby, improving your diet, exercising, stopping a bad habit or changing jobs, the choice is enormous.
To join this week's HubMob, please follow the steps below:
1. Come up with an amazing idea to write your Hub on something to do with the topic of Improving your life in 2009 Make the topic your own and feel free to have fun with it. It's up to you on how you write your HubMob Hub.
2. After you come up with your topic idea, click this link and answer the Request that I entered in for all of you HubMobsters. Feel free to use the tags that I suggested and add a few of your own.
3. Write an amazingly comprehensive Hub that completely covers your topic idea. Be sure to add an RSS Capsule that includes the RSS feed to the rest of this week's HubMob entries http://hubpages.com/request/9527/best?new&rss that way your hub will promote other hubbers' hub and your hub will appear in their hubs too for some great cross promotion.
4 Remember to add the HubMob image (specially made for the occasion by ProCW) to your Hub so that everyone who reads it will know that it is part of the official HubMob topic of the week.
5;- After you have published your hub come back to the forum and post a link to your hub so we can all see it. Feel free to tell us a bit about it and to keep us updated on views and ranks on the search engines, so we can celebrate your success together.
6. The most important point about HubMobs: HAVE FUN !
OK - so I am kicking around a hub idea for this project and I am zoning in on hobbies:
I think a great hobby (actually skill set) is to acquire a new language. I'm bilingual (Espanol es la otra). I learned in a "cram school", for lack of better phrasing, and got a lot of notes on how to pick up a second language. Since I wasn't raised bilingual, I can give good insight on what it means to acquire proficiency in another language as an adult.
Do you think this would be a good hub for ways to improve your life in 2009? I think being bilingual or a polyglot is a wonderful hobby (skill) to work on.
Thanks to all of you that have already published a HubMob! You're doing a fantastic job! Princessa has come up with a GREAT topic for everyone to get their HubMobbing going on...
Here are some extensions of the HubMob for this week's HubMob topic, based on each of the subtopics. You are welcome to use them as is, or modify them per your needs. Enjoy!
● Fitness • Ten ways to improve your health with a daily fitness regimen. • Great dance classes in your area to improve fitness. • Best fitness equipment at the best prices. • Sports & Fitness • Fitness History
Quote: "The first wealth is health." ~ Emerson
● Diet • Diet recipes that actually taste good. • An interview with a real dietitian. • Recommended reading for dieters. • Exercise & Diet • Diet Education
Quote: "Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork." ~ English Proverb
● Change Jobs • How to change jobs without a college degree. • Great online job resources for everyone. • How to change jobs with the same employer. • Careers & Jobs • Job Shopping
Quote: "Always be smarter than the people who hire you." ~ Lena Horne
● Stop a Bad Habit • How to stop biting your fingernails. • Motivate yourself to stop smoking. • Hypnosis and other methods to stop bad habits. • Stop a bad habit & Start a good habit • Habitual Shopping
Quote: "Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time. ~ Mark Twain
● Start a Hobby • Best hobby shops in your area. • Series of crafts within one crafty genre. • Collecting something as a hobby. • Craft & Hobby Stores • Hobby Recreation
Quote: "A hobby is hard work you wouldn't do for a living." ~ Unknown
● Learn Something New • Great learning strategies. • Understanding your own learning curve. • Learning how to learn something new. • Teaching & Learning • Learning Education
Quote: "I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~ Eartha Kitt
Hey, very good list ProCW this should get many more hubbers joining in. It has been a bit over 24 hours since I posted the request and there are already 7 great quality HubMobs. Excellent job HubMobsters
I'm glad Princessa came up with this awesome topic, because it was just what I needed to get off my large behind and start writing hubs again (I've been so hard trying to finish my first draft of a novel I'm writing that everything else has gone on hold).
Hello HubMobsters, hope you all had a great weekend. A big thanks to all of you who joined in the fun last week. We had some awesome hubs (gathering around 60 views a day each) and it was really great to see some of the...
A big hairy hug to all the HubMobsters who took part in last week's HubMob and a warm welcome to all the new Hubbers who decided to become HubMobsters. We had a total of 20 hubs published on last week's...
First of all, I hope that you all had an amazing weekend and it's great to see you all back here on HuPages....this is going to be an awesome week!Now, for all of you Hubbers out there who have been following my forum...
First of all, I have officially made it to the Las Vegas airport to head back to good ol' HubPages HQ after a crazy week in Las Vegas. I haven't really gotten any sleep today, so I apologize for any bad grammar,...
Whether we’re working for a larger company, running our own businesses, or even just interfacing with parents (as a teacher) or readers (as a Hubber), we all provide some sort of customer service to people. How can we...