New banning notice.

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (112 posts)
  1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

I love the new "sorry you are not allowed to post" notice.  If you've not been banned recently, you should try to get one just to see the notice.

P.S. I will probably be banned again for this post.  See you all in another 6 months.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please describe said notice? haha  I have no desire to actually see one in person again...

Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The image is funnier than the words.

I'm sure you'll be put in timeout soon enough, then you can see for yourself.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dammit man, how do you know?

2. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope not!
          And....also, I haven't seen you post anything bannable either.
          However, I have seen people banned for posting about having gotten banned, so I now exit, no matter how interesting this thread has become.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol, Ron...

I did get one for 3 days, which was ok, but
      what I did "not" get was "any" explanation as to the infraction or why?

the message has a girl dressed like a mall cop! on a segway looking up at the screen with her head tilted up looking at you and she was waving her finger to say no, no no! Cute enough I guess, but would have much rather received an explanation as to why?

and or any consideration as to what was supposedly done?

no email notification, nada..?

If I get another one for writing the truth here, then i guess it's time to go.

I think the segway pilot is Maddie Ruud photo-shopped in.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, they should quote or tell you what you did so you don't make the same mistake again, at least.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Not being familiar with the "old" banning notice, I have nothing to compare this with, Ron.
    Would you say it is an improvement?
    It sounds courteous, if nothing else.
    What should a banning notice say?
    "You've been a bad, bad boy. Go sit in a corner with duct tape over your keyboard for 6 months till you learn to be civil"? lol

(I would suggest a banning notice language contest but truly don't want to test anyone's patience and do NOT want to get myself banned!)

1. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

MM it would be more fun tailoring the message to suit the misdemeanour. I know HP won't and really - they shouldn't but I know I'd amuse myself dreaming up notices according to who got banned and what for. You know, like one for me:

Frog - sorry you are not allowed to post. Hoppit. *snickers*

Or maybe a one size fits several:

Sorry, you are not allowed to post. Actually we're not sorry. You've had it coming for ages. It was our pleasure, believe us.

For those that get into fights related to religion and that forever copy and paste scripture:

Sorry, you are not allowed to post. Plagiarism is prohibited. We only accept original content. The Bible is over 2000 years old. Hardly original

And for the hubbers that full on troll:

Sorry, you are not allowed to post. Whilst we endeavor to remain impartial, trolls are without our realm. In fact - they're not in any realm. They're don't exist. And like them - your ability to post no longer exists

lol

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  apply for a job with HP!!!!!  only..everybody will be trying to get banned to find out what thier own personal message will be...

2. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What about

You are BANNED for WINNING in the religious forum - SINNING an argument will result in an immediate chorus of reports

3. Haunty profile image72
        Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Makes me wonder what my personal ban message would be. lol

Sorry. You are not allowed to post. You haven't actually done anything wrong. We have. By banning you. For nothing.

lol

HP admin do have a sense of humor Brenda. They're only people. They ban when someone meets the parameters. It's a business, there are rules. I doubt that they want to ban anyone. I'm sure they'd rather we all just got along, wrote great content, and continued to build the site's reputation.

4. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like the ones above.  I have to say, if I were in the position of writing ban notices I'd have to go with something down-to-Earth and rude.  Maybe:   "Look.  We're sick of hearing about you, whether or not what you did was only borderline, and whether or not whoever found your post offensive is thin-skinned, or a two-faced slime-ball or not.  You're out - and the person who reported you may well be skating on some pretty thin ice, as well.   See ya around. "   lol

Nice one Lisa lol

I think another generic one could be:

Sorry. You are not allowed to post. There's an old saying 'quit whilst you're ahead'. We thought we'd help you out with that one.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60

LOL!!

5. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is beautiful, FD.
        I have never been banned either, so have no personal experience but these are lovely.

6. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too much fun, Froggy!! I think Paul Deeds should hire you and keep you on staff!!

Thanks for the laughs!

7. Beth100 profile image68
        Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  Way to go Froggy!  lol

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

You'll have to post it somewhere for those of us who have never been banned and probably won't be smile

You've never been banned, UW?  It isn't always for things that are self explanatory you know!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True, but I avoid the forums that used to get my blood pressure up now smile

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought they had that in the old banning notice, I was like...really...huddunit? But i didn't die. It's good for you, you break the addictive habit for a while and then you don't go looking for a shot of forum zingers.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why did you post this remark?

Seems a little........, hm..... nevermind.

UW, you're not by chance a Preschool teacher are you?

And why should I not post it? I find your response a little insulting.

Was the smiley not big enough?

4. Haunty profile image72
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

Yeah, post the pic for us. Or better yet, write a hub about how you feel now as opposed to how you felt when you faced the old banning notice. And include the pics!

5. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

How about a 'ban fan club' - then we can compare things like
    'the silliest ban' 
    'the most baffling ban'   
    'which little group of people work together to get other people banned'

6. Mighty Mom profile image77

LOVE these! While greeting has its creative moments, being an official HP banner also has appeal.
    You'd be very good at it, frogdropping!

I like your ideas, too, china man!

How about if we suggest to HP that there be a "wall of shame" on HP (kind of like a penalty box in hockey). Hubbers who are banned get listed in the Banned Box, along with the amount of time they are banned. This way we will know when to expect their return and can (to some degree) prepare for it! big_smile

1. profile image0

Now that is a really good idea - along with whatever mundane, ordinary thing they did that was SOooooooooo terrible that it blew up a religious skirt big_smile

I like this idea, too.  What a hoot.

7. CarolineChicago profile image76
    CarolineChicagoposted 13 years ago

Wow! I'm pretty new to Hub Pages and had no idea you could get banned for 6 months. Better really watch what I write about?

I was once banned for 13 years for outing Ralph Deeds as a closet conservative.  The beard and glasses are a disguise; he's actually Ralph Reed.

1. Anesidora profile image60
        Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hah! Too funny..

I thought he was Donna Reed.

That would be much closer to the truth.

Caroline, it's not as much what you right about in your hubs, though certainly this is considered.  It's more about the inflammatory remarks people make in the (mostly) political and religious forums.  Not for the faint of heart.

8. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Ut Oh , where's Ron -come in Ron!!

6mths? Golly gee seems an awfully long time to me.

9. Mighty Mom profile image77

Ooooh. Lisa, you are good at this!
    How about
    "Banning you is not a personal insult. It is the result of a personal insult. Actually, we've been counting. It's the result of 14 personal insults. These are insults made by you to other people. We probably should have shut you off after 3, but wanted to see just how low you would go. Now we know."

10. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

lolol MM.

Here:

Sorry. You are not allowed to post. This is not a personal insult. Unless you want to make it one? Well do ya? DO YA PUNK?

1. Lisa HW profile image61

I like this one best, I think.   lol  (and they could post a picture of some big, scary, mean, person or animal with that message).   smile

1. profile image0

WOW  -  you HAVE seen the new banning notice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big_smile big_smile big_smile

How about a picture of the guy from the Sopranos?

11. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Put your name on a hub called: 'I Fought the Troll and the Troll Won (as usual)' and I'll leave you a comment about MY Experiences of being treated like a 5 year old! roll

12. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

How about:

You don't really want to post here, do you?  Can't you see how the trolls are far better at reasoning than you?  The Sock Puppets are boxing up your arguments and sending them posthaste to East Bumf*ck as we speak.  You're embarrassing yourself.  Get it?

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79

How about:

Everyone in this thread is being banned because thou mustn't make light of the rules.

14. Mighty Mom profile image77

http://fckingblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/do-you-feel-lucky-punk.png

LOVE it, frogdropping! Over time, the explicit "you are banned" message can be dropped and replaced with just the image.

15. frogdropping profile image76

lol Lisa ban messages could become a daily or weekly comp in the office. A bit like Facebook status blurbs.

Sorry. You are not allowed to post. The thing is we really do like you. I mean, someone's got to right? If you look anything like your avatar, I'd imagine even your own mother would struggle with that one. Anyway, we digress.

Sorry. You are not allowed to host. We know that doesn't make sense. But the letter that rhymes with zee is missing from our keyboard.

16. frogdropping profile image76

@ MM lol

17. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2009/9/24/SVOD-L-Paul-Blart-Mall-Cop.jpg

This may have been the original.

I can't stop LOL!!   STOP!

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Now if only there was a graphic for people whining about being banned...no one in this thread of course smile

19. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I have seen it three times, so it feels old to me lol

As a sidenote, I haven't had a big issue with all but one of my bans. One was very harsh, but thats history, my latest one was very justified.

I like the way that they now link to the offending forum thread too, which will hopefully stop the uncertainty. Thats a great new feature.

20. SteveoMc profile image71
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

Perhaps we should suggest a list of people who should be banned.   I have a few pet peeves that should not go unanswered:

A certain someone who comments on every post usually in some crazy difficult to puzzle out kind of English.

Someone who makes essentially the same comment that you make, right after you make it.

Someone who offers suggestions on a problem and then posts a thread asking for help on the same subject.

Someone who writes about making money on line and then asks when adsense will approve their account.

They could be given this message:

Several people on the internet have tried to copy your content and have discovered that you suck.  You are safe.   We are banning you for your own good.  You may thank us in 3 days.

That's a great idea.  We could vote people off of HP island

21. Mighty Mom profile image77

Voting people of HP Island sounds great in theory. But think about it. The very people we would want to ban (who we know deserve it) are the very people who make the forums the entertainment they are.
    So we'd be spiting ourselves, wouldn't we?

22. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

I have never been banned either, but I wouldn't mind it so much if I could get one of froggy's messages. big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

23. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

So far I haven't been banned (yet anyway), but I've always just kind of assumed it may only be a matter of time.

Back to "suggestions", though:  How about this one.  Post number of forum bans in a badge, along with accolades?  Maybe it could be a black badge with a clown with a dunce cap or else trophy (depending on how you want to view being banned).  smile  OR - how about a whole separate "Exiled Posters" forum section, with only one thread, "Belly-aching about being banned from the regular forums".

Exiled Forum Posters Begging For Food and Mercy:

http://i0006.photobucket.com/albums/0006/findstuff22/Best%20Images/Holiday/dogs1.jpg

24. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Perhaps the little "e" also means exempt!  Yeah, that's the ticket!  LOL!

1. Lisa HW profile image61

I've never had an "e".  I think the trick is to stay away from those religion and politics forums.  I can't imagine anyone going to either for more than five minutes without (shall we say) "speaking his mind".   hmm

Until one gets banned for something so mild they can't believe it, they feel fairly safe to voice their mind.  Especially of other, more harsher, posts (in which you know you might be banned) are allowed. 

I don't think anyone is surprised at being banned for saying terrible things, but some incidents are just plain puzzling!  Some of you will find out what I mean, while others may not!  This is the bad part, not knowing why!

1. profile image0

It just means that some people have contacted each other outside of the hubiverse and all agreed to 'report' you - at roughly the same time - to make it appear as if the report has substance.  Do not be upset by this you are in good company, all the thinkers have been or are banned and their 'fight' is against the group of people doing this - so they are easy to spot.  The actual trick is to concentrate and when being deliberately provoked to get you to step over that imaginary line - be more careful how you respond.  An idea can be stupid or childish but if that even looks as though it points at the person itself it becomes a personal attack.

There is also the issue of who it is.  You can call me anything you like Randy, I would never report you - but it doesn't mean that others won't I suppose big_smile

Strange though, the time I got banned, along with three others, I had to contact the other two to assure them I did not report them.  They had reported no one either and the posts didn't indicate what the reason was. 

Nothing very insulting other than mild criticisms.  This is why I would like to know the moderator making the call so I could avoid posting during their shift!

Like you, CM, I don't take too many things personally from online conversations!

2. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have no complaints whatsoever about my bans, which must up to around 8 now. And hell, a few of them were worth it.

But I do know a particularly prolific hubber who used to be very active on this forum before being banned for calling somebody a 'nutjob'. He never returned to the forum after the 3 day ban.

1. profile image0

I may as well just tell you who it was, it was nicomp. Used to be here all the time, still publishes a lot.

25. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Why are you still up? Johnny has had another setback. They now think he has a blockage. Please go see him!

I will, I thought he was coming home!

2. profile image0

You are going through it at the moment Holle !!  keep yer pecker up girl smile

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, pal. I'm tryin'!

26. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Before this latest problem, they thought he might be able to come home Monday. Now I don't know...

Sorry to hear that!  I will go see him tomorrow!  Gotta crash now!

2. Lisa HW profile image61

habee, I know you were addressing Randy, but I popped back on here and saw your post.  Sorry to see that.  Don't get too discouraged.  I wish you knew all the serious setbacks an over-60 relative of mine had last year (but I won't go into here, of course), with everything turning out fine.

27. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Lisa.

28. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Gee habee, you really have me concerned. My thoughts are with you both.

29. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

and that is the key, you win, Randy.

sorry to inform you, but you have been banned forever because no one likes you.

I hope not!  I don't like it when people like me! I get too much of that in the real world.  Can you imagine being idolized all of the time?

Sorry to inform you, but you have been banned for 11 days for using Italics in an attempt to impersonate an HP moderator.

Yes, but someone has to do it.  (Do, however, know the difference between being idolized and genuinely liked.)

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG!  That's soooooooo funny.

lol,lol,lol

30. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Copy of ban notice for the 3rd offense:
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3980593_f520.jpg
    "A fourth offense will incur a personal visit from the HubMobile."

31. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

OK, um, just went to look for pic to send someone and um

HP kinda big error as I am banned, sorry?

very confused

But will no longer misbehave as I did? Ever for the remainder of my natural life if you keep my ban lifted, and there's candy involved too.

Should this be my last post must say the new banning advisory scooter rocks!

Respectfully
    and
    gratefully
    Thank you

If however I just outed myself to an admin error, this post was written by Greek One

Thank you
    smile

Ah ha!  I knew you were Greek One!

32. profile image0

I just got off my ban yesterday, but I don't remember what the banned window looked like as I was in a state of confusion, then I laughed at how ridiculous it all is. I feel like a first grader all over again sitting on a stool with the dunce hat on. I got off easy as a few are banned for a month and some permanently. Some moderators have no humor in them at all, or common sense. Now I expect another ban for this.
    UP YOURS!

1. profile image0

Why is everybody getting bleedin banned?

Have I missed something?

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile ralwus....hope you're still around..........big_smile

1. profile image0

AMEN    big_smile

I guess this is where we find out if moderators DO have a sense of humour big_smile

33. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I just returned from a four week timout.  The screen is very calming and peaceful, tsk tsk bad boy!

No e-mail though.

34. frogdropping profile image76

That bad huh ralwus? Sometimes I think it's less a lack of common sense and more a straight forward observation of the rules they've set down. I'd forgotten when this thread started but I have been banned, not so long since.

It was another account and I'd been experiencing some major issues with spam. As it was that account that I had the issue with, I used it to post. Not sockpuppet style, just for the sake of the HP admin team connecting with that account.

Anyway ... I got banned. I don't remember a picture either, just a simple message. Of course I contaced the team and we spoke about it. I sorted the problem out and everthing was fine. I don't think I had a time limit - just couldn't do anything.

Perhaps if you get banned again in the future (and I hope you don't!!!) they'll let me create your message:

Sorry. You are not allowed to post. What did mommy tell you way back when? Can't remember? We'll remind you - When you have your own house then you can make the rules

And please take this in good humor ralwus ... we're friends and I'm funnin'! I'd hate to see you on the out once again *nods*

1. rmr profile image68
      rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I had no idea they were that strict, Frogdropping. I've posted to the forums under 3 or 4 different accounts in the past. Usually it was to ask a question about that specific account, but once in a while I just forget to sign in to my main account. I've never been banned. Guess I'll have to be more careful in the future.

Nooooo rmr ... I'm sorry, my post was misleading! They didn't ban me for second-account posting. I had a virus that was auto-spamming everywhere I went. At the time I was unsure what it was, thought it a HP glitch. So they put my other account to ban as a means of counteracting the spam.

And there is an indication that sockpuppetry is bannable - you know, talking to yourself in the forums, using alternative accounts to inflame, harrass and upset other users.

Multiple Accounts: While we don't prohibit having more than one HubPages account, we ask that you stick to a single persona in the forums. The deceptive use of multiple accounts, especially in a single thread is prohibited. The use of secondary accounts to circumvent a forum ban is also prohibited.

Source

So no, so far as I'm aware they're not that strict. Just a 'go by the book' attitude I suppose smile

1. rmr profile image68
          rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aaah, that makes more sense. I mostly stay out of the forums, so I wasn't aware of how big sockpuppetry had become. I've been looking around here recently and I can't believe how different it is now as opposed to when I joined almost 3 years ago. I think I heard one forum ban in my entire first year here.

35. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I've never been banned. Gee, I feel kinda sorta left out! lol

Maybe I should say something bad about Randy Godwin? Nah, he'd try to beat me up. He says he's never met a girl he couldn't whip, but then again, he and I have never tangled!

36. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

here's the banned message I would probably get:

"You have been banned from forum participation for an undetermined amount of time.  We are aware you have not broken any rules or offended anyone.  We are just sick of seeing you here.  Go do something else! Get things done. Finish the projects you've promised to others. Get a life! Then come back and we'll talk about it."

37. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

I wish someone could tell us all what they are banning you for.  Specifically.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been baited by the same entity three times.

38. profile image0

Frogdropping, I saw the humor in that. *nodding back*
    this is why I was banned:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/56970

Phfffft indeed!

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha big_smile big_smile big_smile I forgot about that one. LOL

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You got banned just for saying that?  (Which I was tempted to say to the person myself, but toned it down somewhat lol)

39. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1687.gif

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I just love this one.

40. frogdropping profile image76

@ ralwus ... ouch!

I'm not the moderators so I don't know the reason, or who flagged you up. If anyone with a common level of rationale was completely honest, your perceived attack was thrown right back at you by the OP. See I don't know how it works. If it's crossing a HP standard that does it alone, if a complaint or several, all together - I really don't know.

I saw the thread and didn't bother with it. I was unsure of the motive for posting, though I feel for anyone struggling with anything. I could see the potential for some venom slinging from the off, more so as it progressed and everyone that didn't assuage the OP's state of mind was either dismissed or rounded on by him/her.

I'd just leave such threads alone in future. We can't help all people and oft times, folks don't like the truth of something they've done or caused. They just want help justifying their role in it. That's what makes us human ... loss.

I get really suspicious of people who post such personal things when they just joined the site. After all, this is not Dear Abby. I always wonder what their motivating is and if they are even telling the truth. It's different when someone has been around a lot and someone we know. So, yes, I ignore them too.

41. dawnM profile image58
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

Oh yes I have been banned a few times for my naughty questions, I just cant help myself though.  The truth is, I really am trying to run some fun surveys on a particular subject and I have been banned for it twice oh well...lol

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59

..really?....must have been really, really, really naughty.....

2. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years ago

alternate poet is banned for ever.

Quite rightly so - he was appearing in the forums under two names.

He got grassed-up for winning too many religious arguments:Dbig_smilebig_smile

Note the grass was a christian - note that all the other 'defenders' of reason and sanity are also on a ban as we speak.  Note the only people telling lies and having to resort to such silencing tactics are our free speech defending, moralising 'friends'.  Lies become them like painted smiley face masks.

But alternate WAS breaking the TOS and had to be put to rest forever.  BUT he will rise again on the third attempt when chinaman rides into the sunset big_smile

....smile....so he's gonna rise again.....hope so....

evening' or mornin' china man...

1. profile image0

Morning SOHere    A brand new day waiting to be screwed up!!  whooohoo   big_smile

...oh come on....how can your day get screwed up.......just don't take that DHEA and you'll be just fine! big_smile

3. profile image0

Hah! Still here. big_smile

lol....yup you are!.....give yerself a pinch ralwus!

2. profile image0

Only the good die young in these forums buddy big_smile

4. Eric Graudins profile image58
      Eric Graudinsposted 13 years ago

Hi,

If you've been banned from posting and want to communicate with other HP members during this time, check out this post:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/57511

regards,
      Eric G.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)