How much did you earn in your first month on HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 100 discussions (134 posts)
  1. Irenevosburgh profile image84
    Irenevosburghposted 12 years ago

I'm very new...12 days and I've made .28 which I'm thrilled with. 
    I'm working on not only the number of HUB pages but what might peak someones interest to click on it and read more.

2. Hypersapien profile image43
    Hypersapienposted 12 years ago

I believe I made $.01.  But to be frank, I created my initial hub and then proceeded to just about forget about it.  I've only recently started created hubs in earnest.

3. Bill Yovino profile image86
    Bill Yovinoposted 12 years ago

I've been here for two years and expect my first payout some time in 2022.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years ago

I think it would also be good to know how many hubs each person has written as well.  There's a big difference in the amount you earn if it's only from one hub or comes from ten.

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years ago

$13.04 Adsense for 47 hubs. That was between Nov 26 2010 and Dec 25 2010. The hub program wasn't in existence yet.

6. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 12 years ago

I made nothing the first month and then nothing really to rave about for the first year. Then the earnings started to kick in after writing what I know and can demonstrate my expertise in! Some topics win, some don't! You'll find that anywhere online, even if you created your own website, there'll be popular posts and there'll be not so popular posts on a blog.

7. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I have found that once you find your voice and you write from your own enthusiasm the money flows. Forcing it, reseaching it, checking your scores daily pay nothing. Enjoying the journey, finding the rewards in sharing and growing as a writer produce income.

To answer your question directly, essentially nothing initially, now I am receiving regular payouts and that monthly check means allot. It is allot more than I ever received from any other part-time job that I left. Besides sharing unique ideas is the fun, the dollars will show up later.

Allot of the Internet work is similar to relationships, you are the new kid on the block and tested. The question becomes like all relationship at work and in your personal life, do you have lasting power.

The work is hard, the learning can be challenging, the dollars are nominal, the relationships are priceless.

8. ElizaDoole profile image82
    ElizaDooleposted 12 years ago

Rofl. It took me two weeks to work out how to get Asdense, so in my first two weeks I earned $0.96. I have a massive smile on my face though, it is the first itme I've earned anything for my own work.

9. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

I earned 62 cents for January, but I've only been here about a half of a month. I've earned 8 cents so far for this motnh... I don't think I'm doing too badly!

10. Rusticliving profile image81
    Rusticlivingposted 12 years ago

I've been a member for about 6 weeks. I think I've earned a total of about $4.00 thus far. ALthough that's a cool thing to have, I actually joined to hopefully better my writing skills and learn from other writers. So far I am having a blast on HubPages!

11. Axaflaxar profile image41
    Axaflaxarposted 12 years ago

Man I will have to try that out.  Is the Flagship Program located on Hubpages?

12. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years ago

I found this information just yesterday and don't know if I can fulfill all of the requirements, but from now on, I'll be trying.  $24 for your first month, I think, is phenomenal!  Congrats!

13. jesimpki profile image92
    jesimpkiposted 12 years ago

Continuing to write a hub as often as I can (less frequently now because of school)  My first full month, I earned about $6.00.  That's amazing to me, since I wasn't expecting to have that much traffic as a new hubber, especially from Google.  However, I've seen an upward trend in search engine source traffic.  Of course, I've also seen a few sales through Amazon and seen the potential of earning that way.  I haven't seen much Adsense income at all compared to HP Earnings and the Amazon program.  However, time will tell!  Looks like the anecdotal evidence supports the fact that you have to put some effort into hubbing! smile  I hadn't heard of the flagship program MoiraCrochets, I'll have to give that a try and see if I get a bigger boost.

14. Frank Atanacio profile image75
    Frank Atanacioposted 12 years ago

I just hit that year mark.. read over 8500 times and have 270  hubs..  first year total income  0.00..  but this site is different again the writers are more talented and the materials  are so useful  so I stay here.. Triond pays every month even if you make 50 cents  you get it every month..  I think if you wanna make quick liquid money  you go to triond.. but if you wanna write and read great articles you come here..

15. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 12 years ago

absolutely sweet FA.

Started about 2 years ago and started strong, but then stopped for one reason or another, now I am back and making a sustained effort and am already starting to reap some rewards. Now just to keep on writing.

16. jesimpki profile image92
    jesimpkiposted 12 years ago

Did you sign up for the HubPages Earning Program?

1. dipless profile image69
      diplessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No this was pre HP program. I am now signed up however.

17. chuckbl profile image68
    chuckblposted 12 years ago

1st month: 9 dollars
    2nd month: 33 dollars
    3rd month: 35 dollars (haven't written much this month) but I have made payout so I'm happy!

18. Johnrr631992 profile image85
    Johnrr631992posted 12 years ago

My first month, 40 cents, second month $1.24, my third month $4.50, my fourth month $12.50, Last month (january 2012) $30.00, This month - on projection now at 100 google clicks a day, on hubpages ad should get about.. $60.00 this month.. Next month.. hopefully more smile

19. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

a couple of cents

20. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

Nothing-- but I was not focused on earning for quite a while, and money was not my primary motivation. It took about 18 month for my first payout, but it kept gaining momentum from there.

21. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

0.14 cents US

22. alikhan3 profile image93
    alikhan3posted 12 years ago

still unable to get my adsense approved

23. onlinecashdigest profile image59
    onlinecashdigestposted 12 years ago

Dont worry much about Adsense...for me the Hubpages Ad Program is better.

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you aren't approved for adsense, you cant be in the Hp ads program from what i know.

24. pinappu profile image83
    pinappuposted 12 years ago

1.31 usd in 16 days with 12hubs.

25. onlinecashdigest profile image59
    onlinecashdigestposted 12 years ago

I have only less than 2 USD in one month, but after following the tip of Alocsin at this hub --> http://alocsin.hubpages.com/_onlinecash … -on-Reddit

and this hub--> http://alocsin.hubpages.com/_onlinecash … -on-Reddit

I earned more than 2 USD in just a few days.  And now I think I am gonna hit more than $20 USD per month if I follow all his tips.

26. TFScientist profile image77
    TFScientistposted 12 years ago

I made $5.29 In my first month with around 20 hubs

27. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 12 years ago

August 2007 - $17.82

28. Aleta Love profile image59
    Aleta Loveposted 12 years ago

I have not earned anything yet but I hope to soon.

29. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

I'm sticking with HP ads. They are much more consistent for me, and I don't do much product-related content.

30. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 12 years ago

I don't remember how much I made in the first month. It took me 8 months to get my first $100 from HubPages. For almost more than a year, the earnings from my Blogs were many times higher than that from HubPages. But soon HP ended up being one of my top earners.

31. breastpumpreviews profile image81
    breastpumpreviewsposted 12 years ago

In 5 weeks I have made a total of 6.00.

32. CrescentSkies profile image64
    CrescentSkiesposted 12 years ago

a little over 1 dollar.

33. nabuagermeline profile image59
    nabuagermelineposted 12 years ago

how do i get started in earning in hubpages? is it through google adsense? haven't applied yet since i started hubpages.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  34. T. R. Brown profile image61
    T. R. Brownposted 12 years ago

I may be a bit unusual because I signed up for HubPages a while back but never published any hubs.  I published my first Hub near the end of February, then signed up for the HubPages earning program on March 1st.  I have made $.91 through today (March 12th) through that program, and a couple of bucks through my AdSense account ($2.31).  Assuming I keep going at this pace It would appear that I will be in the neighborhood of $5 to $7 my first full month of writing.

35. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 12 years ago

In first month I made 1$ through adsense because I had only one hub in my pocket but I am trying to publish as many as possible.Thanks

36. nonslick50 profile image68
    nonslick50posted 12 years ago

I've made .24 cents with two hubs in about 4 days. Don't know whether that is good or bad but I'm shocked.

37. unknown spy profile image42
    unknown spyposted 12 years ago

Mine is $0.49.. i started hubpages 3 years ago but didnt know how to earn money thru it. I just cam back last month. Really need a help today, I cannot find any part time job.

38. vasmenon profile image68
    vasmenonposted 12 years ago

Nice to see u guys are still making some money on hp. I am from India, and as per the terms of agreement in India, I cannot have ads on my hubs and earn from it for the first 6 months!!!!...don't know whats the logic...but to make a few pennies when the 6 months is up!!!

1. melpor profile image90
      melporposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I made zero in my first month with only a few hubs but now make enough to get payout every other month with 81 hubs. Just be patience and write quality hubs. You will see a gradual increase in time.

1. amithak50 profile image60
        amithak50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice smile

39. davenstan profile image60
    davenstanposted 12 years ago

I made $3. I didn't actively promoted my hubs until last month. After 2 weeks of promoting I have doubled my earnings to $6. However, I have made more selling Amazon products.

40. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 12 years ago

Earlier I said I made zero in my first month with only a few hubs, but after rechecking my data I actually made $3.59 from adsense clicks the first month and it has been increasing just about every month since the beginning. I currently make enough consistently to get payout every other month with 81 hubs. Just be patient and write quality hubs. You will see a gradual increase in time.

41. MPChris profile image65
    MPChrisposted 12 years ago

I made about 5 cents from Hubpages in my first month. There is always an outlying variable that makes tons more than everyone. There is also an outlying variable that makes tons less.

I take it I am the latter. tongue

42. moneytoplist profile image60
    moneytoplistposted 12 years ago

March was my first month on Hubpages and I have earned $0.57. Not too much but I am always happy if I see some cents quickly after starting something new.

43. puter_dr profile image91
    puter_drposted 12 years ago

I think in my first month, I earned 12 cents.

1. puter_dr profile image91
      puter_drposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course that was 5 years ago. At one point pre-Panda I was in the several hundred a month club. Gradually clawing my way back there.

44. lenamariee profile image80
    lenamarieeposted 12 years ago

I have been here for 10 days published 6 hubs and have earned 25 cents through the AD program, Im quite optimistic about hubpages at this point.

45. bdegiulio profile image96
    bdegiulioposted 12 years ago

Joined on Feb 11th.  Earned $1.84 in Feb and $6.05 in March.  April is going well so far and should exceed what I earned in March.  I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.  I'm also ridiculously addicted to HubPages.

46. luvintkandtj profile image65
    luvintkandtjposted 11 years ago

My first month I think i earn$0.01. It wasn't until 6 months later did I receive my firs payout from adsense. I have neglected hubpages for about 1 year and a half.  Even with no activity I would receive a payout every 3-4 months.  I have since returned to hubpages and hope to stick to my hub a day plan. keep in mind its not about quantity. There are many people with less hubs that I that have a higher hubscore and a greater pay out.

47. JKenny profile image90
    JKennyposted 11 years ago

First month, I earned just under 4 dollars, but I'd only had the HP Ad program activated for a few weeks. Now, I'm making more than triple that amount.

48. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

If I remember correctly, it was something like a 30 cents.  My earnings went up, but it was still mostly a pittance. I didn't really pick up until around month 10.

49. bryteyedgemini profile image80
    bryteyedgeminiposted 11 years ago

I earned $1.73 my first month and it stayed pretty steady like that for a while, I have been here for going on nine months and am now earning in the vacinity of $15.00+ per month and am continuing to see increases although I have still not earned a dime from my amazon account, only the hubpages program. I am certainly no where near a top earner but am learning and improving as I go along. When I see my traffic is down I write another article, when a particular hub is being ignored I edit and improve it or try drumming up a bit of traffic from my other writing sites. I try to keep the content interesting and when my traffic starts to dwindle I try to diversify into new subject area to attract new viewers. Also, it really helped me a lot to read in the forums about improving your writing and how hubs are scored and that sort of thing and to start hopping some hubs and see what others were writing about that seemed to be getting a lot of veiwers and commenting,( side note: for some reason I do not get much for comments, but at least the earnings are improving.) The best advice I got when I started was don't get discouraged, sometimes hubs just need to age.

50. kgarcia1113 profile image61
    kgarcia1113posted 11 years ago

I have done the same as some here. Signed up for HubPages and only published a few hubs here and there. Well, after sitting around for almost 3 years and making a whopping $0.58 I decided to change things up and start writing for real. The middle of April I started writing a lot and ended up making $3.84. As of today I am up to 50 hubs that are slowly gaining interest and now I am focusing on promoting them on other sites to get more views. I found a hot topic for me, now I just have to remember to write a lot.

1. luvintkandtj profile image65
      luvintkandtjposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Finding "your topic" helps in writing and writing for a profit. Its great when  you are writing about something you had an interest in and others are interested

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)