HubMob Weekly topic: World Cuisines

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Princessa profile image78
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

HubMob Weekly topic: World Cuisines

2. Jaggedfrost profile image60
    Jaggedfrostposted 14 years ago

My favorite part of Mexican Cuisine, (don't ask me where in mexico it comes from)  Is the festival food Mole.  I suppose technically there are multiple types but the kind I prefer is a deep brown and has too many ingredients to want to list here and is so exacting in its details that I would have to break copy right laws to describe it as I have no family history in the making of it and only a book to go off of.  My wife however is quite masterful in bringing it to life such that it is as good or better then most native Mole that I have tasted.  this is no slam on the natives.  They often use the paste that you can buy at the store as their base because of how time consuming it is. As a testament to that my wife doesn't make it all that often either.  I maybe have been treated to it once or twice in our marriage before she had to work.  Those were times to remember, however.

3. Internetwriter62 profile image73
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

This articles tells of the history of one of Japan's finest culinary creations Shushi. It has recipes, step by step instruction on how to prepare Sushi, Sushi rice and the equipment you need. It also has several videos on how to prepare this Japanese delicacy. read more

4. sriparna profile image82
    sriparnaposted 14 years ago

Sri Lanka (earlier known as Ceylon, native name being Sinhal) - the small island country in the southern part of Asia has a rich culinary heritage. The indigenous spices, herbs and distinctive cooking styles of Sri Lanka have attributed to its... read more

5. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

Central Asia is in the heart of the Asian region, and is composed of countries which were part of USSR before like Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan , Kazakhstan (these five territories are part of USSR before 1991). Some... read more

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

White Russia is just north of Ukraine and offers its own delicious version of regional recipes. Some cooks enjoy preparing these easy recipes at Christmas and during the longer Winter Holidays, but they are good in any season. read more

7. alexandriaruthk profile image70

Central America is part of the heart of the America. It divides the North and the South America. It is surrounded by the Caribbean seas, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico and the Plates of Caribbean. It is usually struck by earthquake and activities of... read more

8. alexandriaruthk profile image70

South America comprises the following countries : Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay. Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela. The two added territories are Falkland Island (UK) and Guyana (France). Maybe, some of... read more

9. Internetwriter62 profile image73

This article tells about the history and preparation of Italy's most popular dessert Tiramisu. It include videos and recipes for preparing this fabulous dessert. read more

10. thooghun profile image90
    thooghunposted 14 years ago

To many, the myth that the traditional English cuisine is limited to something a sailor from the dark ages hacked together hurriedly to avoid scurvy, is a cemented and unquestionable mantra served with condescension and a sprinkling of ignorance.   ... read more

11. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 14 years ago

How to make tomato bruschetta

My favourite is Italian cuisine, which is obvious because of my Italian background. The variety of pastas, meat dishes, seafood combinations and the iconic dish "Pizza". To pick a favourite dish is hard but I guess Lasagne (meat version) is one of the top dishes for my family and friends. Also, the variety changes depending whether the recipe is from the South or North, each region has its own specialty. Recipes on my site but here's an easy one for now -

2 ripe tomatoes chopped
    garlic finely chopped
    chilli (optional)
    oregano and basil
    extra virgin olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Have some crusty Italian bread sliced (about 6) and toast on both sides. Rub garlic once toasted on one side and then add tomato mix. Place under grill for another minute if you like otherwise eat straight away.

12. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 14 years ago

Germany is a great place to visit and they have wonderful food. Learn a little about the country and then you can try several great German recipes, including German potato salad, schnitzel, strudel. read more

13. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Discovering the cuisine of any
    place is an adventure and a challenge that you always want to take again and
    again. Today, I will take you to the Far Western part of Europe where Ireland is located. When talking about the Irish cuisine, it typically... read more

14. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

While Scottish oatmeal has been a traditional staple in Scotland for centuries, few people realise that the wild haggis, marag fabulosis, is now on the endangered species list as it is being hunted to almost extinction. read more

15. Internetwriter62 profile image73

This is an article that tells about the history and preparation of Mexican cuisine. It gives a description of the most common ingredients and equipment used to prepare most Mexican cuisine. Included is a recipe as well as a video demonstrating how to make delicious cheese enchiladas. read more

16. Pamela99 profile image87

Brazil is a fascinating country and this article discusses the five regions and their differences  and several excellent recipes. The scenery is gorgeous and the people friendly and fascinating. read more

17. travelespresso profile image67
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

You can be sure of getting excellent,
    fresh and tasty Vietnamese food during your Vietnam travel visit and at any time of the day or night.  

Vietnamese food has been influenced by many neighboring countries.
    adopted from its near neighbors,... read more

18. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Are you prepared to eat "balut" -- ducks egg, bagoong -- shrimp paste, fish sauces and taste some tropical produce? Let us add rice cakes which has many variations that you will love. Rice is of course the Filipino staple food and they eat rice with... read more

19. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I have ventured into Mexico several times in my gastronomical travels, but my primary source for information on traditional Mexican food is my friend Josie.  I compared Americanized Mexican food favorites with the versions of tacos, gorditas, burritos and chili rellanos she and her family eat. read more

20. UniqueBeauty profile image61
    UniqueBeautyposted 14 years ago

South American Cuisine is something to behold. I was born in Kentucky and raised in Florida and seen and lived in several other southern states. How would I describe the food? Comfort Food. From the fried green tomatoes right down to the sweet potato pie, everything there is made with so much love that it feels like your momma and your grandma made it just for you. The classic meal that will never fail? Crispy fried chicken made with flour and some cracked pepper, turnip greens with seasonings that make it melt in your mouth, freshly made smashed potatoes and some shucked corn that just drips with butter. Sweet tea and a slice of homemade cobbler tops off the southern day as you spend it with family and friends. Food in the South is used as a gathering tool- everyone comes when you say there will be a meal! The comfort of the different casseroles and the stories of how they made it different and the best, the kids running around the table and the parents wrangling them together for prayer. Comfort, soul and grace are all apart of southern cuisine, just to make you feel at home. Southern hospitality at its best.

*Side note: dinner is lunch, supper is the evening meal for you northern folks.*

21. Internetwriter62 profile image73

This article is about the history and preparation of Chinese Steam Pork buns also known as Char Siu Bao. read more

22. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Seafood Gumbo is a tradition in our family, we serve it during the fourth of July, and the Christmas holidays.. There are as many Gumbo recipes as there are people who create them, a person may find that some of the basics are similar but adding the... read more

23. sriparna profile image82
    sriparnaposted 14 years ago

Burma (now called Myanmar), the second largest country in the southeast Asia has a distinctive style of food habits. However Burmese cuisine (not so popular as Myanmarese cuisine) has not received as much global recognition as its neighbouring... read more

24. Pamela99 profile image87

Cambodia cooking is fully described in this article. There are several recipes and pictures. The typical diet and the cooking methods are discussed. read more

25. alexandriaruthk profile image70

Burma is located in Southeast Asian region and is bounded by the China in the northeastern part, Laos in the easternmost part, and on the southeastern part is Siam or Thailand and Indian on the northwestern side.   The main religion in Burma is... read more

26. puebloman profile image59
    pueblomanposted 14 years ago

What about cat cuisine? Is this Chinese? Or am I being racist? Don't mean to. I would just like to eat cats, if possible.

27. Money Glitch profile image67
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Okinawa, Japan has been deemed one of the Blue Zones’
    locations that promote longevity.  Longevity and the Diet of Okinawa, Japan
    will disclose some of the basic foods of Okinawa, share some recipes, and
    reveal the lifestyle of its people.  Based... read more

28. alexandriaruthk profile image70

Now we go to Mongolian cuisine, of course Mongolian barbecue is not a food that originated in Mongolia, that is a misconception. All I can think about Mongolia prior to attending a seminar about East Asia when I was still working as a university... read more

29. Pamela99 profile image87

Kenya is a fascinating country with a muti-cultural population.  Kenya offers great tourism sites and wonderful food. Multiple pictures and facts about Kenya are included. read more

30. alexandriaruthk profile image70

it will be interesting to look at the food culture and cuisine of Taiwan, as it is not so widely known comparing to Japanese, Chinese and Korean cuisines which we are all familiar with. Personally, I like East Asian foods and I always like to eat it... read more

31. rmcrayne profile image93

Among the most popular traditional Turkish food categories are kebaps.  In my gastronomical Turkish travel, I enjoyed shish kebap, döner kebap, and köfte.  I have also included specific foods like Adana kebap and Iskender döner.  I’ve included a few personal photos of Turkey. read more

32. rmcrayne profile image93

Let me introduce you to some of my favorite Turkish foods, like shish and döner kebap, stuffed vegetables and grape leaves, fish and seafood, stews, salad, pilaf and more. read more

33. febriedethan profile image80
    febriedethanposted 14 years ago

Finally, I tasted Kimchee or Kimchi, it's a little bit similar with my "Asinan Bogor" dish, they have the same taste, salty, sour, hot, and fresh. I like it.   Kimchee is a traditional dish from Korea. Korean people has been consumed Kimchee for... read more

34. Pamela99 profile image87

This article gives you an overview of Kuwaiti, including the culture, the cuisine, pictures and maps. It includes pictures of the land, a map, of the towers, and the people. There are 7 recipes included with easy to follow recipes and pictures. read more

35. alexandriaruthk profile image70

Now let us go to a oil rich  kingdom - country in which its oil resources is deemed the source of its wealth  -- the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It gets the revenues from oil and is able to sustain a welfare economy. Saudi Arabia employs many contract... read more

36. Loren's Gem profile image68
    Loren's Gemposted 14 years ago

Turkish Asure topped with crushed walnuts, currants, lemon & fresh pomegranate. Erin (drinkingsnapple@flicker.com) Sharing this traditional Turkish dessert called aşure/ashure or Noah's Ark pudding to anyone regardless of race, culture, and belief... read more

37. Internetwriter62 profile image73

One of the most popular items at any Cuban restaurant is the Cuban Sandwich. In this article you will learn the history of this great sandwich as well as some recipes on how to make one of your own, and a video with step by step directions on how to assemble your own Cuban Sandwich. read more

38. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 14 years ago
  39. Money Glitch profile image67
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Flautas  The Tex-Mex of Fusion
    Cuisine will describe the terms of fusion cuisine and Tex-Mex; and then
    provide some delightful recipes. Fusion cuisine or as it is playfully termed “confusion
    cuisine” is just as it sounds; it’s a blend of... read more

40. Pamela99 profile image87

The Arcadian in Southern Louisiana are experts in Cajun cooking. This article has delicious Cajun recipes with pictures. These easy recipes make a delicious meal. There are several easy recipes shown. read more

41. alexandriaruthk profile image70

I am an immigrant here in the United States living in Texas, so I am grateful that I have a lot of choices of restaurants to go to. I can go to Tex-Mex (combination of native, Mexican and Mexican - American food culture) Chinese, Mexicans or the... read more

42. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

ceviche peruvian recipe pic  While talking about world
    cuisine, the things that hit our minds are Lebanese, Greek, Spanish, Japanese,
    Mexican, Thai, Indian, Chinese, Italian, and French cuisine, but we cannot
    leave behind other food cultures that... read more

43. alexandriaruthk profile image70

Some important facts about Malaysia :   Malaysia is a country with 13 states and the type of government is constitutional monarchy but at the same time it is federated. Malay is the national language and is adjacent to the neighboring countries like... read more

44. alexandriaruthk profile image70

Now, let us go to another country in the Southeast Asia, Laos. Laos is a country located in Southeastern Asia and bordered by Thailand, Vietnam, Burma and Cambodia. Most people are Buddhist like the rest of its neighbors. Laotians have a culture... read more

45. alexandriaruthk profile image70

Foods in Macau. Now, let us go to Macau,  which is one of the special administrative region (SAR) under China and is less than 60 kms away from Hong Kong (another SAR), so tourists when they visit Hong Kong, they also tend to go to Macau to explore... read more

46. Robie Benve profile image87
    Robie Benveposted 11 years ago

Italian culinary tradition of Northern Italy reflects all the characteristics of this multifaceted part of the country. Recipes reflect the richness in territory, dialects, climate, and history. read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)