How long did it take you to reach payout?

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (66 posts)
  1. alexadry profile image95
    alexadryposted 15 years ago

Finally, I reached google adsense payout today, what a memorable day! It took exactly 9 months, I just hate to start again from zero now. How long did you take to reach payout? Just curious:0)

1. Jerrico Usher profile image55
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My first payout took 11, my second will take about 4... the first pay out your green, just learning, and building up your "hub-base" (pun) once it's there you can always go back and tweak it to turn it into a lean mean adsense earning machine.

Jerrico

2. funride profile image69
      funrideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Alexadry, I hope you have reached your second payment by now wink.

I´m very happy to finally being able to answer this topic big_smile. I reach my 1st adsense payout during the first week of December after 13 months here. It may not be the greatest result but I am very satisfied because I only have 53 hubs and a single blog with google adsense on it.

My expectations are that my next payout will arrive much much quicker http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/_pray.gif.

1. alexadry profile image95
        alexadryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am half way through as of now, thanks for asking! But it definetly will take much less than the first payout. Payout with 53 hubs sounds great. Yes, payout seems to come must quicker the second time around. Best wishes!

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Congratulations on making payout!   

I earned my first payout at the 9 month mark, too, though I don't really count the first couple of months when I didn't have enough posted to earn anything, anyway. 

I was only a few cents short of earning my second payout in October - it hit the $100 on 4th November so my next cheque should be around $120-$130.  That's only taken 4 months, in spite of the fact that I've written only a handful of extra Hubs in that time (I had 55 Hubs a year ago, and now I have 73).

Most people seem to find that earnings get faster the longer they're here.

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

As I was already earning some AdSense from my own website when I started at HubPages, once I started to seriously build Hubs in Dec 2006, I started getting payouts in January 2007 and have gotten them every month ever since.

4. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Honestly I haven't even looked, I figure let you accrue and surprise me.smile

5. sunshinesplendid profile image56
    sunshinesplendidposted 15 years ago

Cool! Good for you guys. I've been using adsense for a month now and still don't have enough clicks..

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sunshinesplendid - try reading the other posts more carefully.   With only one Hub, you may get your payout some time next century!

I had 55 Hubs within the first three months and it still took me 9 months to get my first payout.  It took 4 months to get the next $100.  All of my Adsense earnings come from HubPages - I had some other blogs but they've earned virtually nothing!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

That's hilarious...I am at the 9 month mark and I'm about $10 away from payout. Of course, about 1/3 of it came from another site and my blogs...who am I kidding, I think I've earned 10 cents on my blog that I've had for about 3 years smile

7. Pat Merewether profile image61
    Pat Merewetherposted 15 years ago

Hmph.  Either I'm a late bloomer or doing something wrong.  I joined 9 months ago and have 112 articles and just reached the $50 mark.

1. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nope thats pretty much what happened to me - the next $50 won't take another 9 months-  its cumulative! My pattern to date is 13 months first payout 4 months second 3 months later the 4th is looking good for 2 months fingers crossed. Google just published a guide to SEO which is well worth a read for anyone serious about making money - or even just want the small change - at the end of the day if you please Google you please readers as well - who would have thought LOL

8. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

It took me 10 months, so I'm a late bloomer too I guess. Lissie I'll check out that Google SEO tool. I'm trying to get more savvy on all this--but I'm not picking any of it up very fast!

Congrats to everyone on their first payouts. May you all have many, many more!

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Neither am I.  I haven't reached mine yet, but I have a whooping 11 bux now!
      I have onbly been here for 4 months so I guess I got a while to go yet! LOL!  I am in no big hurry.!

9. mhei profile image59
    mheiposted 15 years ago

congrats to you guys..i hope ill also get mine by my 9th or 10th month which is still a long way to go,lol!but i know i will (or so i hope)...big_smile

10. profile image0
    rethansmithposted 15 years ago

slowly and surely I am getting there.
    I am about a third of the way there on this one.

11. brad4l profile image70
    brad4lposted 15 years ago

It is very exciting when you get your first payout. Congratulations smile

I got my first one in about 2 or 3 months. It depends a lot about your niche and such. Since then, I usually make more than fifty dollars a month. Of course this isn't from Hub Pages though...

12. Jerry G2 profile image91
    Jerry G2posted 15 years ago

Just hit it after six months, and if I keep up the work and the current pace continues, I'll be looking at another one in only two months!

13. BrianS profile image61
    BrianSposted 15 years ago

Sounds like I have a little way to go yet, ho hum 'c'est la vie' I guess. sad

14. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Took me about 10 months for the first one, I'm a bit over 60 bucks now just a couple of months later. smile

15. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

I will get my first payout this month, after 9 months. Most of that was earned during the election month since I wrote alot of political hubs.( about half came from that month alone)

16. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

This is all great news - I love hearing about everyone's first big payouts. smile

I was curious though, out of everyone who has received their payouts, how many have received them just from using AdSense on HubPages and nothing else(other blogs, etc.)?

Was just wondering...

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I received mine at the 9 month mark also. I only get adsense from Hubpages, though I do have a blog with blogger. At the moment I am a little over the 50 dollar mark for next check.

2. Lissie profile image75

ARound 90% of my payout is from HubPages. I am down to 2 monthly payouts now - but last month  I suddenly had my earnings suddenly double - all to do with more traffic and I hadn't done specifically different that month.  I did get more focussed about making money about 6 months ago and I think that's a reasonable timeframe to see an improvement in Adsense

3. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, you asked this question before I think and the answer might seem the same.

Results from September 2007 to December 2008.

Impressions for hubpages 6,616
      Total cpc $12.72

Not good really. I earn more referring traffic exchange referrals. Squidoo still wins in comparison, oh heck, so does Blogger dot com.

Hubpages is not that good really with the adsense model or to make money from your writings, it's really only good for a sense of community and comradeship, which I enjoy and why I am here.

If you do this just to earn money, then this is not the place.

4. Marisa Wright profile image85

That's me. I did have Adsense on my blogs but took it off because none of the ads was earning anything, and I read that it's can damage your account if you have ads on non-performing sites (I've since read other sources who say that's not true, though). 

I've just reached my second payout, and my grand total of $247.27 is all thanks to HubPages(if anyone is wondering why it's an odd number, Adsense doesn't pay out at exactly $100 - it pays you whatever the balance is at the end of the month in which you hit the $100 mark).

Mind you if you look at my profile, you can see it's taken me a while to get that far..

17. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

My Adsense earnings are solely from Hubpages.com - it's the only site I write for/on, actually.

18. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 15 years ago

My first payout with adsense took two months of writing on various places and since when I got my first payment I have got paid every month after that, but never going over the $300 mark, nearly there but not quite.

One time though Google changed their algorythm and my earnings didn't earn for one month, but it seemed to add that back on the next month.

It's all about how well you write and the keywords you fit into your content.

I wish I could concentrate on one site all the time, but I've been building lots of web page real estate that I don't know which pages to go back and update from when I first started out.

19. spuds profile image58
    spudsposted 15 years ago

It took me a few months too. But is quicker now. Make lots more good hubs and also do stuff elsewhere where you can use adsense and it won't take 9 months next time.

20. charlemont profile image76
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

I put my adsense on hold because cashing checks incurs a $20 fee, so I prefer getting checks not every month but 3-4 times a year. Thus I'm saving $20 a month. As to earnings, I have come to conclusion that traffic is more important than the number of hubs published.

I have the same problem with US checks - can you not join paypal? Free and the exchange rate is reasonable

1. charlemont profile image76
        charlemontposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hmm.. I checked Google and didn't find any information on Paypal.

2. David Ventura profile image59
      David Venturaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Have you tried payment in cash by Western Union? I think that it is the best option for you. I am almost sure that Lithuania is included. I haven't tried it yet, because my adsense payment is far away, so check these posts in the adsense blog for more information to know whether it is right for you or not:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2008/08/wes … ional.html

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2007/10/new … ethod.html

I'll check this out, many thanks!

I can't see anywhere on the Adsense website where this is offered.  Even if it is, I'd so some research first.  When I was selling on eBay,  I accepted payment via Western Union for an item.  When I went to cash it, they wanted to charge me $30 commission - more than the value of the item!

The best thing may be to select "Payment Holding" and let your account build up to a few hundred dollars before you claim.  That way, if they send you a US dollar cheque, at least the commission will be smaller in proportion to the total amount.  Or, you never know, they may extend their local currency offer to include your country by the time you request payment.

21. MRS Great Caruso profile image60
    MRS Great Carusoposted 15 years ago

We have been with Hubpages since the first week of November and have gotten $15 so far with 3 Hubs. I have joined in as well, for my husband is not letting me write girly stuff through his profile. So now it is RACE!!!

We have not allowed Kotera on any hub yet. Has anyone been successful with it yet???

And of those using both Amazon and Ebay, is thare one you prefer?

22. Whitney05 profile image81
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I got my HubPages only Adsense earnings around month 5-6, I can't remember. But since the first one, I've been getting them monthly. I've noticed that it seems to teeter in the 100s for a few months going up to 200, then down for a while, then back up. My earnings seem to teeter at the new hundred mark for few months before going to the next mark. It's been pretty cool to watch and hope for the next mark. It's been a pretty steady increase over the past say 3-4 months. Last month I was over 350 with HP, and I've made 85 and change this month so far with just HP.

My other blogs and sites definitely help add to my earnings, but without HubPages, I definitely wouldn't be making my payout each month

Kontera is ok. I made my payout the other month for the first time, but it doesn't have nearly the effect of google. but it was a surprising deposit when i got it.

I like both Amazon and Ebay. I get more earnings with Amazon by far, but ebay holds the cookie longer, so there's potential for more earnings there. Since the change to EPN, my ebay earnings decreased greatly, and now since the ACRU tier, my ACRU earnings have gone down (still getting them but much smaller payout). I'd say use them both when needed. Sometimes you can find products on ebay that aren't on amazon, and vice versa. So depending on what your hub is about it may fair better with one or the other, if not both- just make it relevant to your hub topic and definitely hand pick amazon products by ASIN.

1. MRS Great Caruso profile image60
      MRS Great Carusoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for this post. Helps me tons!!!

23. barranca profile image78
    barrancaposted 15 years ago

I guess I am the turtle in this crowd......17 months.

1. profile image0
      Ronald Daniarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

2 years and not even reach to $200 now...who's fault? well, i only have less than 10 hubs
      LOL

24. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Sorry, my mistake I forgot Adsense is the exception which acutally pays direct into my New Zealand a/c - are you sure they won't do it for your country?

Do you mean EFT? No, Adsense doesn't cover the whole EU yet.

Yeah  EFT - I am pretty surprised the cover NZ - all 4 million of us!

25. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 15 years ago

I'm still waiting. But I'm almost at the half way mark. Hopefully it won't be another 12 months before I get a payout. I'm hoping I'm just a late bloomer. smile

26. MM Del Rosario profile image86
    MM Del Rosarioposted 15 years ago

I have a few photoblog,but they are not earning me money,  it is only with Hubpages...so far I have been cashing in every month now since April . Last month, has been very good I almost hit 200 dollars ...i hope it will continue this month .....it will be a good Christmas bonus...

27. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I disagree terryg - 6,600 impressions is not very much for a 3 month period but then you don't have many hubs either. I had to get one of my blogger blogs unlocked because someone decided it was spam - it wasn't its all orginal content - but its irritating!

Squidoo I find much worse for revenue sharing - they only share the profit - hubpages shares the gross - that is a much more transparent model. 

What I am noticing over the last 6 weeks ago that peoples blogs are being dropped in PR and/or deindexed for no apparent reason, while I am finding that getting hubpages and my new blogs at today are getting pretty quickly indexed.

I think google has it down on smaller sites at the moment and the actual advantage of sites such as hubpages is becoming even more pronounced as google seems to be love large content sites at the moment

1. profile image0
      Ronald Daniarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Less hubs less page impressions less clicks less earning of course - also depends on the topics

I heard many bloggers in blogspot got their blogs locked but some of them got them back. There was a blog with more than thousands unique visitors a day had to start all over again and this guy is now using WordPress because his blog is locked and Google did not give it back. Just be careful if using blogspot because we don't have the full access on it.

28. mhei profile image59
    mheiposted 15 years ago

I know this isn't too much, but i'm happy that at least I already have over $16 so far and this is just my second month.  I hope I can get my first pay-out before my first anniversary with Hubpages big_smile

isn't that awesome if my dreams will come to reality?? smile

29. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

Somebody direct me to the nearest soup kitchen. I just checked my Adsense report. As of now I have accumulated $17.98  in 16 months. I estimate I'll reach payout by 2016. But, if I'm lucky, it could be a couple months earlier because I just started a blog (with a lot of help from another hubber), which I've linked in my HubPages Profile.

30. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

You know, maybe you'd reach payout faster if you hubbed on hotly searched topics from google. For example, this keyword made the top 100 list and is getting a ton of exposure. Maybe you could hub on that?

All this expert advice brought to you by someone who has earned a whopping $5.39!

1. William F. Torpey profile image71
      William F. Torpeyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I knew I was doing "something" wrong, WeddingConsultant, but I'm not too good at Oriental languages. The truth is that I only hope my scribbles offer some food for thought for those who read them. I truly have no interest in writing just to make that green stuff (or, it used to be green, anyway)!

31. donreed profile image61
    donreedposted 15 years ago

I have a very simple question on adsense payouts. Google shut down my account and has yet to give me a reason. From reading I have done there are several ways to get the old Google slap but anyway my point is that there are adsense ads on my hubs, so who gets that revenue? By the way, I wrote google again why I was shut down (my third support ticket that is supposed to be answered in 48 hours) three days ago and still have received no relpy. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your Hubs are now functioning like the Hubs of anyone who's never signed up for AdSense:  the ad code showing is the one that belongs to HubPages and they get all the revenue.

2. desert blondie profile image56
      desert blondieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I too was shutdown by Google.  I don't get money...but Google and Hubpages do!  I worked so hard on  my 60 columns...and now....NOTHING.   Have explored around...and have learned that because I 'flagged' negatively adult or pure-sales columns  (used car guys in New Jersey selling cars on hubpages)...that I have been targeted by 'robotic' software that clicks on all the ads on my columns...which Google REALLY DETESTS!!! 
           So, Google never returns my appeal procedures...Hubpages Team hasn't responded either.  They're making money...my columns continue to have nice advertisements... my rating remains high, although I haven't written a column in months!!!
           I certainly would love to find a way to make 'my fair share' of my revenue...at this point, 38,500+ views...and no $$$$.
           HOW oh HOW did I get shutdown?  I can't even discover a clear answer!

When you say "flagged", do you mean you made comments on the Hubs?  If you just reported them to HubPages, the HubPages team wouldn't tell them who complained. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had so much trouble.  If you finally give up on getting reinstated, then your best bet might be to move to a site that pays you direct instead of through Adsense.  In my experience they don't pay as well as HubPages, but at least you'd get something.  You can delete your Hubs here and move them over.  Just be aware that sites like Helium.com and Today.com take the copyright on your work (which is a bummer). 

Alternatively you could try selling your articles on Associated Content or Constant Content instead?

32. Mayakanon profile image57
    Mayakanonposted 15 years ago

Congratulations on making payout!

My first payout with adsense took two months of writing on my blog.Its's really a happy moment.

33. donreed profile image61
    donreedposted 15 years ago

Thanks Relache, I knew there must be some explanation. I did get an email from Google today saying the are reviewing my dispute. We will see what happens. I do hope to at least get an explanation from them as to why they closed my account.

34. Journey * profile image68
    Journey *posted 15 years ago

Thanks guys. This was a great forum topic to start, letting us know what we can expect.

35. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!
    It took me 10 months to get my first check, about $140 or so. I'm already 2/3 to my next payout - that took less than 2 months to get to. So maybe by the end of Feb. I should reach payout again.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good for you, I'm not at half way to my next payout. Earnings seem to have gone down. I think some of it has to do with me writing a bunch of poetry hubs.

36. lindagoffigan profile image56
    lindagoffiganposted 15 years ago

Are you promoting your writing?

37. lindagoffigan profile image56

One hubber said that if you are not getting at least 1000 visitors a day on your hubs then you should find a real job if you are in it for the money.  6,000 visitors and less than $20 is a little disappointing after reading what another Hubber wrote.  I think that the duration of the Hubs available for reads along with increasing traffic will result in more earnings. I have been here about two weeks and have about 500 visitors.  A lot of work needs to be done to increase traffic.
    I have  wrote about 12 Hubs and was wondering whether HubPages accept Poems and if so how well do they do?

38. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

Paid about 3 times so far.  It didn't start rolling in until after about 10 months from joining, largely because I don't have the time to write hubs as much as I'd like.

Actually it's been 5 times just checked my Google account history.  Had no idea it was that much.

39. lindagoffigan profile image56

I am interested in driving traffic to my hubs.  Out of curiousity what was the range of payout?

40. seamist profile image61
    seamistposted 15 years ago

You need $100.00 in earnings before adsense will pay out.

41. rmshdc profile image57
    rmshdcposted 15 years ago

In 6 months, I have three payouts - that is once every two months...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)