Just broke 90K - 100K is coming!

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I realize that compared to some of the superstars here (hi, Cags!) who are looking at half a million views and upward after a similar amount of time here, this is nothing, but 100K is a milestone for me and it looks like I'll be hitting it before my birthday in February. 

I kind of wanted that to be so.  I couldn't call it a "goal" because I'm not doing anything to increase traffic other than spewing out the usual nonsense at regular intervals, but still, I wanted to hit that before my birthday and it looks like it will.

Those of you who do that sooner have my slack jawed admiration and those of you who are yet to reach it have my encouragement.

Happy 100K birthday to me :-)

1. Dorsi profile image86
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on that milestone. I found those found milestones were big motivators for me to write more. Congrats and watch how fast those next 100,000 come now!

Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I just pushed it back a bit.  I had 30 or so hubs that never did well and I got sick of watching them get no views month after month, so I zapped 'em.  They did add up to a few thousand views though, so now I'm back to being a week away..

2. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good Boy.. now write a Dorsi doosi like:
        "Strange UFOs (Unidentified Farting Odors) Have Been Discovered In San Francisco! - Watch the Video!"
        And you will get 100K views in a day... especially if you name the culprits, link to Cagsil and use the tag HP big_smile

I can't do it..

Dorsi did a great job on that hub - skeptical but still respectful toward the views of those who think that stuff is real.   It's not in me to show respect for stuff like that.  I never even would have thought to write about it because of that!

1. Pearldiver profile image67
            Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh don't get me wrong... I wasn't suggesting anything unethical or disrespectful..

A lot of Methane is created in San Fran.. and its not a city area known for herds of dairy cows... so other than BS where does it come from? smile

Good Luck on your efforts mate!  Over and Out Roger... smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Congrats! Personally, I think google has been falling down on the job in regards to you. Hopefully, that is about to change. Maybe 342 hubs is attainment of critical mass?

Oh, well, yes.  Unlike certain folks who just write a few finely crafted hubs and watch the traffic roll in, I use the "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" approach, eschewing such supposedly valuable artifices such as editing, careful research and the rest.

Now, there is certainly something to be said for a precision rifle shot, but shotguns are loud, messy and you can often hit things you didn't even aim at.  In my case, I put aside the shotgun and went with a large cannon filled with grapeshot, some bric a brac I found lying about, all carelessly mixed with small stones and gravel.  The charge is my own mixture of home made powder and a large quantity of match heads - it's more fizzle than pow, but it gets the stuff out there.

Well,sort of out there - it was at least pushed out of the muzzle, anyway.

3. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 12 years ago

As a newbie here, congratulations! There's no doubt you will reach your next goal!

4. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, PCunix. I just hit that milestone myself about a week ago after two years here.

Yeah, but you did it with just 76 hubs.. big, big difference..  and look at Cags with half a million and just 102 hubs.. THAT is awe inspiring!

5. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congrats Pcunix! smile

6. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Congrats! Its a lot of hard work!

7. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Congratulations, Pcunix!  Here's to more traffic your way.. Cheers!
    http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-43.gif

Yeah - look at you, just 14 months, 110 hubs and over 100K.

Another person I must bow lowly to..

8. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Congrats, Pcunix!  Now go take a walk to celebrate the impending 100K.

A 100K walk?  I think not :-)

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

tongue

9. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Definitely fingers crossed for your milestone before your BD!  Then roll out that 500K in record time.  smile

Oh, I'll reach it easily with days or even weeks to spare..  but 500K?  I think that would be years away.

10. Ms57Classic profile image59
    Ms57Classicposted 12 years ago

Congratulations Pcumix!!  Here I sit with a mere 133 views..lol  Although I signed up two years ago I just started becoming active by submitting hubs, reading and commenting on other hubs, ect. I am glad I read your post as it has insired me to continue on.... One day I hope to be as popular as you smile

11. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, that is mighty impressive, i'm still about 30k off of mine :S but it'll get there eventually. That really is an impressive time frame, especially with Panda in that time frame. I'd high five you if i could big_smile

12. Kris Heeter profile image71
    Kris Heeterposted 12 years ago

Congrats - what a great goal to reach!  Hopefully it will be exponential and the next 100K will be there in no time:)

13. Pcunix profile image89

I suppose that, given my lousy attitude toward promotion and my unfocused randomness, I'm lucky to be approaching it.

I'm happy to be there, though.

14. Pcunix profile image89

Well, we are down to the wire.  Sometime over the next few days, I'll be there.

Twenty months to get there is somewhat disappointing to me.  There was that six month post-panda traffic flatline, but even with that I'm not entirely happy about taking so long.   Still happy to get there, of course.

If I could roll back time, I think I would do some things differently and might have hastened that milestone a little, but maybe not,  so who really knows?  'Tis what it is.

15. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Congrats Pcunix, it's a great milestone to reach. I'm sure with 334 hubs, your views will multiply even faster after your reach this milestone.

16. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

I have to say that your output - quality, writing skills, interesting, engaging and the sheer number of them - is very impressive.

So well done to you!

You'll get there faster than I did, I'm sure.

By the way, you are looking very pale in your new icon picture.  Should I be concerned?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No need for concern. I am tickety-boo.

And "tickety-boo" is supposed to reassure me?

smile

Fair point.

How about hot diggety dawg?

Oh, look: we are wearing matching badges today.

Mine won't last.  I've been saying unfriendly things about conservatives today - that always seems to knock me down a few days later.  Totally coincidentally, of course because when am I *not* saying unfriendly things?

Well, if I were in charge of the scores it would be fun to 'tweak' them a bit.  Knock someone down to 39 just for a laugh.

17. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Congratulations!  Break out the bubbly. smile

18. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Congrats.

19. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Good Job smile

On the target or the conservative baiting?

smile

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

??  I was sincerely offering you words of encouragement.  sad

I'm just joking.. you know I still like you in spite of the political divide.  I'm sorry that did not come across. sad

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
            Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PC, you speak your mind.  I respect that.  I also enjoy conversations in which the other party disagrees.  It helps me to see things through another perspective.  Disagreement encourages the search for knowledge.

In no way would I dislike another human being simply for the fact that they have different views of the world.

Well, there are people on your side that I *do* dislike for their views.  For example, the hubber who says ocean pollution is unimportant..  I just find it hard to have a pleasant attitude when faced with that kind of ignorance.

20. jainismus profile image74
    jainismusposted 12 years ago

Pcunix, congrats, and Happy Birth Day in advance

21. Max Dalton profile image84
    Max Daltonposted 12 years ago

Congrats, Pcunix.

22. savanahl profile image67
    savanahlposted 12 years ago

Congrats on the milestone. I'm new here and that's very inspiring to see what others have achieved.

23. Cardozo7 profile image60
    Cardozo7posted 12 years ago

Congrats on the milestone Pcunix. I'm still trying to reach 1000 views but i'll get there eheh

24. LoriSoard profile image64
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

That's awesome. Congrats!

25. Pcunix profile image89

Finally made it.  100,001 as I write this.

Twenty months, three hundred hubs and then some..  some people do it much, much faster with far less hubs, but they have talent and skills I lack, so I did it with time and raw volume..

I could have done it a week or so earlier if I hadn't decided to delete some really unimpressive things, but here we are just  the same and still well in advance of my birthday smile

1. savanahl profile image67
      savanahlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! That's so awesome and Happy early Birthday! smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I visited your latest hub and blitz blue-buttoned it. You are now 100,002. big_smile

Nope. 100,026 smile

See, the second 100K IS easier!  I'm already on my way smile

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
          wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!  Here's to many, many more of those.

26. DonnaCosmato profile image86
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

Congratulations on the first 100K, Happy Birthday in advance, and just so I could feel like a part of the buzz and excitement, I read one of your articles:)

27. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Congrats, Pcunix! smile

28. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Well done mate.. a couple more noughts and you've cracked it.. smile

29. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Congrats, PC - you're one of the ones earning the rewards here.  Just as you say, work and perseverance have paid off.

And onward to that second 100 grand!  smile

30. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

Congratulations Pcunix! i have been following you from the moment I knew you existed - on the forums. I miss your hat that told the world you were 'out there' but really pleased to see the 'real you' or the personna you want us to see as the 'real you'. Love your work and watching from afar. All the best for the next 100K

It's all fake.

Actually, I'm a 47 year old migrant worker of Italian descent who makes a side living selling things like this on eBay:  http://www.tampabay.com/news/bizarre/article1213117.ece

I have been married eight times to the same woman (we are both optimists) and we have no children except for the two who would like to pretend that their father does NOT write embarrassing things on Facebook and other places.

I am deeply religious, 5'7", bald and tragically overweight.  However, that bit about my ancestor and the Pcuni is absolute truth.  It angers me that some have doubted that.

I apologize for the other deception.

31. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Congrats on that 100,000!! WTG!

32. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

Yes, well done MR Unix!  ;-)

You seemed to disappear for a long time, but then you were back!  :-)

Picking onions over the summer..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)