Fed up with unfeatured hubs!

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (102 posts)
  1. Azure11 profile image86
    Azure11posted 10 years ago

So just as I think I will give writing at Hubpages another chance I write an original article with more than 700 words and with one of my own original pictures on and it doesn't get featured - for quality. Seriously I don't know why I bother. This place is getting so picky it is just not true. It's a shame they weren't picky enough before to get rid of all the spammers and spinners but instead decide to penalise us long term hubbers who write original material.

OK rant over, I'm off back over to Bubblews!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My former armadillo hub sends its regards. lol

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do not go to Bubblews. I have read reviews about scams with their payment methods - or should I say non-payments - on top of other complaints. HP is listed on the BBB.
      When you say more than 700 words, how many more do you mean? You also mentioned installing one of your own photos. Did you install at least 2 other (legal) photos? Do put in polls, videos, tables or other things in that section?

1. Dale Hyde profile image81
        Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have made over $275.00, all paid,  there on Bubblews.  No problems yet on receiving payments within their stated time frames.

1. mary615 profile image81
          mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bubblews does pay.

2. Azure11 profile image86
        Azure11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The thing is I don't feel like it needs all that extra stuff. I would just be putting it in for the sake of it. I will try adding a few extra capsules of random stuff and if that's not good enough then so be it.
        Am on my way to my first payment on Bubblews so am hoping that will go through smoothly when I get there. In the meantime it is definitely more lucrative than here ;-)

3. Genna East profile image83
      Genna Eastposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The problem I have noticed in recent months with HP are hubbers who write creative fiction -- short stories, poetry, etc.  There seems to be a push toward other types of material that require polls, etc., that creatives do not use.  I don't think this is fair, but it is what is.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1 Oh ya....Not that it matters but...My author score is lower than before I started writing four years ago.I admittedly haven't put the effort in that you serious writers have but that's the same as telling me nothing at all is better than my stufff...hmm...maybe I should take up some other hobby...like javelin catching...

1. Genna East profile image83

Hi.  I'm not quite sure what you mean.  I write short stories and poetry and I along with some other writers have noticed that HP is more generous with their point systems with hubbers that write lengthy articles, etc., and include polls, etc.

1. Becky Katz profile image81
            Becky Katzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Genna, about a month ago, they revamped the scoring system for hubbers and my hubber score dropped from 99 to 89 in one day. It has only inched up to 91 in the last two days. I have not changed any of my reading and posting habits. I feel very unloved here lately. I am also looking at other venues since this happened. I have not written anything in the last six months because I do not like to pad my hubs with unneeded and unwanted polls and videos. My lengthy hubs of 1500 plus words have dropped drastically, unless I put polls on them. I put one poll that asked if they liked fiction and that was enough to get it featured again. Silliness if you ask me. And totally useless padding.

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
              Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I really wonder if polls, videos etc really help with Google ranking anyways. It makes the hub much longer to load.

2. Genna East profile image83

I agree, Becky!

4. Dale Hyde profile image81

See ya there!  This newly unfeatured hub should make quite a few separate posts over there at Bubblews. smile

5. restorationville profile image57
      restorationvilleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Azure11 profile image86
        Azure11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Give it some time restorationville ;-) I have 205 hubs and only one of them is unfeatured due to quality so I don't think I am too far off the mark! I have a bunch that are unfeatured due to engagement but they are mostly seasonal or old news so that is always going to happen the way they unfeature things here!

6. ELIORA profile image66
      ELIORAposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am fed up too.....

7. Dale Hyde profile image81

Checks topic title (don't want to upset the boss, Will)

Yup, title clears: Fed up with unfeatured hubs!

Okay, now on topic I go.  I, also, am fed up with unfeatured hubs!  I say this as I come in to unpublish yet another hub that HP has suddenly deemed is unworthy to feature and killed it with the noindex tag.

So, I unpublished it, ran over there to Webmaster Tools and had the URL requested to be pulled from search and cache.   

I then walked over to my blog, posted this unwanted hub over there and set it to be published in a week and a half (gotta love that feature!).  So by the time it publishes, the URL here will be pulled and no duplicate content will show up for Mr. Google. smile

And that folks, is what I do with all of these such former hubs.  I am down to 79 published and featured hubs at the moment from a high of 140 at one point, lol.

Have a blessed and wonderful day, and that would include the PoliceWill-Man. smile

8. HattieMattieMae profile image61
      HattieMattieMaeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree, i just wrote an article for a magazine, and read by tons of magazine editors, and also have a news paper editor fearturing my articles. It seems that it is the eye of the beholder who assumes what is good writing.  While it's pretty have lots of pictures and titles, other editors really care about grammar, content, and information that is accurate.

9. Dim Flaxenwick profile image79
      Dim Flaxenwickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do so agree and sympathise with you.
      It makes no sense to me that my 100 score was regular, dropping only to 96 at the lowest then back up.
      I changed nothing in my way of writing yet my score plummetted to 88 and stays there except when it drops to 87.
      We are losing some great writers like Vincent moore, Sunnie Day, Oh I could go on.  I don't get it.!!!!!!
      So glad to read  a piece of your mind. Thank you.

2. Bill Yovino profile image88
    Bill Yovinoposted 10 years ago

I can tell you from personal experience that Bubblews is NOT a scam. I know many present and former Hubbers there and we've all been paid. Some people do experience the occasional problem but some of it is due to the site's growing pains, and others might be due to infractions made by the writers.

1. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree, got my first payment there today. The people not getting payments are primarily the ones who broke rules.

I'm getting paid with NO problems.  They are not a scam; just a fun place to write!

2. mary615 profile image81

Bill, what is your user name at Bubblews??

3. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

Recently received 8th payment.

+1

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

Yep, I've been paid too.

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I've also been paid over on Bubblews. They put the fun back into writing.

6. suziecat7 profile image77
    suziecat7posted 10 years ago

Also paid at Bubblews and having some fun too.

1. nArchuleta profile image74
      nArchuletaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just had a look at Bubblews. The "articles" don't look nearly as professional as Hub Pages. I think I hate the bubbles. Oh, well, it's awesome fellow writers are making money there!

They really like me! big_smile
        http://www.moneyfactory.gov/images/252_20DollarSeries2004NoteFront_2.jpg
        http://www.moneyfactory.gov/images/252_20DollarSeries2004NoteFront_2.jpg

1. nArchuleta profile image74
          nArchuletaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

wink Rock and roll!

Bill Yovinoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're looking at Bubblews all wrong. It's not Hubpages. People aren't there to write long in-depth exposes. It's more like Facebook.  People write short, social posts and earn a share of the advertising revenue, unlike Facebook which gets it all.

7. cfin profile image66
    cfinposted 10 years ago

If you go into your article, change one word and save it, it will probably be featured the second time. It worked for me at least twice.

1. Becky Katz profile image81
      Becky Katzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You only need to change one letter. That is what is so silly about it.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61

Just as long as that one letter change does not make the word misspelled.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image59

My remedy is copy my hub, delete it from HP, and move it.

Great remedy, Linda Smith.  I've been doing that for quite a while. I'm moving to Bubblews.

I should say, I will remain active here on HP.  I will read, comment on Hubs, but I don't think I will write anything new.  I enjoyed HP at one time, but it is just too stressful for me now.  It is just fun on Bubblews.

2. faythef profile image70
        faythefposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Haven't been on here much..I've been to busy Bubbling..Its fun!

9. LindaSmith1 profile image59

mary615: I moved to Bubblews in January.  More and more writers are making the same move.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would add an Amazon and E-Bay whihc I forgot to do in the first instance and I reckon it will be featured pretty soon afterwards.  It happened to me and I did not change a sing word......shhhh

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

I'm ambidextrous. I do both HP and B.  big_smile

On two PC's?

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

If you did that then you would not be ambidextrous. LOL

1. IzzyM profile image85
            IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Duh!

10. webdesignsbyapw profile image66
    webdesignsbyapwposted 10 years ago

I wouldn't give up if I were you. At least write one Hub a day. Whenever I notice it gets unfeatured, I just add more stuff. I just got back on the "Hub" wagon and noticed this has happened to me often. 700 words is a lot but what I do is add 3-5 pictures so it looks like it "fills" up the hub. Try doing that. Most of my hubs are around 500 words. I tend to like Hubpages more than other writing places like Infobarrel. Lately, I haven't been able to get some new articles approved at IB because of their strict terms.

11. tamron profile image67
    tamronposted 10 years ago

I am fed up with hubs getting un-featured because of lack of engagement when the Hub is a week or two old.  I am getting pissed about hubs that was featured then un-featured after being edit due to quality.  As my hubs become un-featured I will just move them to my blog.  It seems hubpages are for professional writers anymore and even the best writers are spending their time on Bubblews.

1. Bill Yovino profile image88

Much of what I consider to be my best work is unfeatured due to engagement.  I've been slowly moving those to another site where they can be seen and not hidden.

12. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

I've reached my first redemption on bubblews and got paid so I don't think it is a scam! Those that didn't get paid must have violated a rule!!!

13. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

I hate when a hub gets unfeatured due to engagement!!!!!!!!! That is so annoying.

14. UltimateLife profile image81
    UltimateLifeposted 10 years ago

If your hub gets un-featured just do a small update on it and it should get featured again. Worked for me!

15. rebeccamealey profile image92
    rebeccamealeyposted 10 years ago

Yeah, that has worked for me!

16. lizstevens profile image46
    lizstevensposted 10 years ago

If you are using any external links to anything break the link and see if it gets featured.

17. watergeek profile image95
    watergeekposted 10 years ago

If those links are commercial links you might have problems. Most of mine are news articles or links to nonprofits and my hubs are still featured.

18. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

I have read SEO articles recently about adding anything that makes your information   excel over others. If it is just the same as other info, it will not make it these days. I think that is where Paul is getting these ideas. However, I see hubs from good writers without polls, charts, and other things added. I do know my longer articles do better. If you write an outstanding 700 word article, it could do well also. It is all a gamble.

1. webdesignsbyapw profile image66
      webdesignsbyapwposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's true. Actually, what I do is usually write 400 word hubs filled with good keywords and information for the readers. I also like adding a lot of pictures.

I don't make the hubs any longer UNTIL I see them start getting traffic. After they start getting a lot of traffic, I will add more stuff to the hub. It beats working on a 1,000 word hub and not having it featured just because it doesn't get traffic.

19. faythef profile image70
    faythefposted 10 years ago

Okay I'm in..I have an account and $ 1.00 in the bank...Now I need to just figure out how to get started..any good tips?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Best place to search for good tips is on the Bubblews site itself. Check out http://www.bubblews.com/account/56223-adriennejenkins on there. According to Mark Ewbie she is an excellent source of how to be successful on Bubblews.

1. faythef profile image70
        faythefposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank You..heading there now

You are welcome, hope you do well.

20. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 10 years ago

Just had a hub unfeatured, lack of traffic, it is a seasonal topic (gardening) though not obviously so as it does not say Christmas or Halloween. Best bit is - now is the season people would start searching for this information. I am off to plant my bulbs when the rain stops. If I take photos I can blog about it, no need for whistles and bows such as quizzes to tick boxes.

My last hub (the armadillo hub) was rejected right from the starting gate. I have become deeply saddened at the discovery that HP doesn't like armadillos. I admit that armadillos can be obnoxious. But still, they are one of nature's creatures. I've considered contacting some animal rights groups, but decided to let it go; since it is now #1 on my Bubblews profile page.

Did you know why it was rejected before you transferred it? it may have simply been one reason which was easily correctable or removable.

It was rejected because it had no bells and whistles. There was nary a poll, map, video, quiz to be found. And there was only one pic. And there was only one text capsule.

Never mind that it was the most brilliant creative writing prose to hit the internet in the last 10 years. big_smile No doodads equals not featured.

I don't even blame the Mturk that trash-canned it. I did a hub hop afterwards and saw the rules. The Mturk was forced to destroy it. So it goes.

I will bet you that I would have been able to find photos and video(s). The poll(s), quiz would have been your own thoughts and ideas.

I like you.

Thanks.

21. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 10 years ago

Yes, gardening is an "evergreen" topic in many ways. Fall mums are out in all the stores! Many perennials thrive with fall planting. Probably the best part is, garden centers will soon have many wonderful things on sale! I got many wonderful plants at the sales, last fall. I just picked up some giant hyssop yesterday for a dollar.

Some vegetables can be planted in late summer. My daughter recently sowed kale and spinach. Late summer/early fall is the best time to plant spinach, since it overwinters here on the border of Zones 5 and 6, and will start producing heavily in very early spring, if fall planted.

Gardening is really a year-round thing!

22. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 10 years ago

No it is not so. Write 1200+ words, add good photographs, tables, maps etc., and use the hub tools. Your hubs would certainly become featured. good Luck!

"Words are the dress of thought, which should not be presented in rags, tatters and dirt, as your person should."

You have my attention.

23. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

When I go looking for articles or information on the Internet I couldn't give two hoots about maps, polls or tables, I just want the answer to what I am looking for.....period! I sure as hell am done wasting my time putting maps, polls or tables on any articles. Look at the sites top of Google's search results, I don't see many maps, polls or tables on any of those!

The polls, etc., might be HP's standards/guidelines.

Exactly, which makes them even more meaningless if HP are trying to appease Google in some way by pushing us to use them. It just proves it is a time wasting exercise that makes little or no difference to where our articles appear in the SERPS.

Perhaps they are like the photos and are used simply because they attract the attention of more searchers and the more enticing or the better information that they have the bigger crowd may come. After the people come they read the content. With the polls and quizzes the questions have to be intriguing enough to interest the people to answer them.

I just can't get my head around how this would attract more searchers. I never search specifically for articles that include polls, quizzes, tables or maps if looking for an answer to a question in Google search (and I am pretty sure other people don't in general). They obviously don't impress Google much either or surely far more sites featuring these would be on pages 1 and 2 in the SERPS, and as they aren't, less searchers are going to come across the articles to have their attention captured by them.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
              Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In my rare searches for stuff on the net which is invariably frustrating and full of misleading garbage - I cannot recall a single poll, quiz or map (for Christ's sakes) - when wading through pages.

Mostly the useful info I find is on forums when someone eventually and grudgingly supplies the little clue I was looking for.

Or I just Wiki it or go to Amazon of course.

Me too Mark smile

2. profile image0
      Miriam Weissmannposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And you can't put maps and polls on hubs about Avon can you. What I wanted to say though is that I joined Hubpages with the best of hopes and what do they do? They unfeature 3 of my 4 hubs that's what they do. I've had enough. I had enough of it long ago. They won't be getting any more hubs from me. Beg my pardon if I seem to be having a bit of a rant, but one of the old dears who owes me money at the nursing home passed away yesterday and I can't get hold of her next of kin. £640.20! One of the pitfalls of the job I suppose and I only do the nursing home now so I've got to bargain with that haven't I. Anyway I'll let you all get on with it. As I say, no more hubs from me!

Sorry to hear things are going so badly for you Miriam, I can understand your frustration. I hope things look up for you soon.

1. profile image0

Well love, by and large the pros outweigh the cons at the nursing home and I normally catch the next of kin when they pick up the deceased's belongings but these just sent a taxi. Well she didn't have much did she, the poor old dear. If they don't go on the phone I'll have to go over and visit. They don't live far away I see from the address. I would have got in the taxi if I'd been on the ball. I could thump myself sometimes.

Let's hope they are honourable people and pay her debt to you. I hope you have some kind of proof that you lent it to her.

1. profile image0

I've got witnesses and I kept a copy of the invoice and she got the goods on friday. Said she was going to the bank on Monday and look what happens! The next of kin should find the invoice in her belongings. I'm taking them to court if they don't cough up.

1. IzzyM profile image85

Can you still sleep at night??

You are evil. You corrupt society. You may have the law on your side, but hey sometimes the law is wrong. You still don't need to take advantage.Where you from again?

2. IzzyM profile image85

Are you aware that when you write this, it is available for the world to see?

I hope your employers recognise/track you down. You, my dear, are a danger to old and vulnerable people.
            You have shown no concern for the elderly, nor care for them, but so long as you get your sale everything is OK.

Have a nice life!

1. chasmac profile image91
              chasmacposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I must be missing something. Miriam was owed almost $1,000 by someone who died before it could be paid. So, she will try to collect it from that person's estate, via relatives, which is normal procedure and is exactly the advice her employers would give her too.
              What does that have to do with the level of care she gave that person or others at the nursing home? Where has she shown a lack of concern, and how is she a danger to old and vulnerable people?  That's a very serious, and potentially libelous, accusation you're making. Are you sure you've got your facts right?

1. IzzyM profile image85

it's not libellous if it is true.
                Miriam has been raking in a fortune on the side, selling Avon products to people who didn't need them. Old folk in a nursing home are vulnerable.Someone should be protecting them.

1. chasmac profile image91
                  chasmacposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ah sorry - I was unaware of the background.

You might find this thread regarding Miriam Weissman's attitude to getting money out of the elderly a real eye opener. It was going on last night at the same time as this one. It is disgusting her attitude and she was even talking (earlier in this thread) about jumping in the taxi with the deceased ladies belongings to turn up at the relative's house to get the money out of them. Apart from anything else she states that 'NORMALLY' she does this in such situations (how often does she hound the recently bereaved to pay their deceased loved ones Avon invoices I wonder).

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/116674? … ost2470977

Oh and this one links to where she starts commenting on this thread about the old lady who died owing the £640 for Avon products and how she missed jumping into the taxi with the ladies belongings when the relatives sent it to pick them up. She got their address and was then planning to go to their house anyway and sue them if they refused to pay up. These people are grieving for goodness sake.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/117045? … ost2470922

The woman is a parasite without a conscience, pure and simple.

2. Writer Fox profile image32
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It appears that you have no Hubs but have made over 100 posts on the Forum.  Maybe you should just go find a forum for people who sell Avon. This Forum is for people who write Hubs; it's not for people who are recruiting new Avon sellers to earn a commission from finding new agents.

24. innerspin profile image85
    innerspinposted 10 years ago

It's too weird by half. I've tweaked a couple of unfeatured hubs and they've bounced back no problem. The last two I just left. Poetry is what it is. Then some random hubs got editors choice, which I couldn't work out. One has had teeny weeny traffic throughout it's life, needing to be coaxed back into existence.  Two were popular, but not best performing. Then the two untweaked hubs are now featured without any input. Go figure.

25. profile image0
    ZachKaerposted 10 years ago

engrish......

26. Azure11 profile image86
    Azure11posted 10 years ago

Ok so back to my original post I put a poll on (a question with a yes, no, maybe answer - not exactly rocket science) and it is now featured. Go figure.

You can make any change and an unfeatured hub will become 'featured' again. I simply change one word in the title usually. If the hubs goes unfeatured again a month or two later I change it back again and again it becomes featured. Lol, too easy. In fact I think you could just add a comma or something somewhere and that would be enough to show it had been edited and could go through QAP again.

27. cepheid profile image61
    cepheidposted 10 years ago

Just bold some words gentlemen.

28. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

I see her account has gone, so she must have been scared off. Good job I also made a note that her maiden name was listed on her profile as 'Goldberg', just in case Avon/the Police have any trouble tracking down this person in order to either strike them off from Avon, warn the old people's home or even get her arrested if it turns out she has been taking advantage of elderly/vulnerable people e.g. people with Alzheimers or dementia.

29. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I reported her to Avon, and sent them links to these forums. Need to wait and see if they contact me (I sent all my personal details), or just ignore it. A reputable company like them should take this matter seriously.

Well done Izzy, please let me know if they come back to you about this.

30. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

Dim.  If you comment and ask or answer questions and go in forum, your score may go up. You may already be doing that. Just a suggestion and good luck  I know you are great writer.

31. Ella Quirk profile image83
    Ella Quirkposted 10 years ago

I don't get it. I just noticed a hub unfeatured  for lack of engagement  despite it getting more monthly views than others with less " engagement" which are still featured. It got 13 views in the last 7 days and 45 for the month. I had thought  that the threshold for ditching a hub was a bit more generous than that. (annoyed!)

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ella, I had one that had something like 249 Pinterest views for the month. They are measuring how many you get from search engines and how long people stay on the page too. Crazy.

1. Ella Quirk profile image83
        Ella Quirkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Really? Oh gawd,what next. Thanks Barbara, for letting me know. Yet the hub does get some google views and has 3 stars for engagement, while many which are still featured do not. Perhaps the others will follow suit shortly - I think I' m falling off the cliff.

32. adecourv profile image93
    adecourvposted 10 years ago

Well, I got my first unfeatured Hub. It's a video. Unfortunately, being a video, I have no idea of the guidelines for what they're looking for.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)