Weekly Topic Inspiration: Tips on Setting & Achieving Goals

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Weekly Topic Inspiration: Tips on Setting & Achieving Goals

What is your advice on setting and achieving goals? If you don't know what to write about, consider Hubbing about this! Stop by the Weekly Topic Inspiration thread for community support, title ideas, and fun company: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/89723

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5838317_f260.jpg

2. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

A Guide on how to achieve your goals this year, using visuals color and fun to help get you started. So what are you waiting for? read more

3. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Learn how to set strong goals and objectives that are designed for success.  Discover the five hallmarks of a well-defined goal. read more

4. Jessi10 profile image67
    Jessi10posted 12 years ago

Whenever I set a goal, I make sure to do anything I can to make sure I achieve it. It doesnt matter if I take one step each day, or I do things last minute, I make sure that I do something everyday.
    When I cant find something to write about, I ask myself: Whats new in Hubpages? And I answer my question in the form of a HUb. Or instead of answering questions, I just write hubs for all of my readers to get informed.

5. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

Setting Goals. Without a plan you plan to fail. Goal setting is important. Keep Goal setting simple. read more

6. profile image48
    drealerposted 12 years ago

to achieve your goals, first, you should be determined for what to face, then be focused, and concentrate on what you want to achieve, also strive ahead to get success in what you want to achieve.

7. profile image0
    Emerald Strachanposted 12 years ago

Ten great goals to improve your state of mind plus strategies to guarantee success. Great personal goals for happiness. read more

8. alphagirl profile image76
    alphagirlposted 12 years ago

Being a a visual, tactile person, a VISUAL map of 3-5 goals works for me. I like picures. Those pics can help me visual what I want to reach. You can use anything 2-D to stick on your map, or draw in large bold letters your goals.
    On top of that I also have the book The Secret that also affirms my short term goals. My Gemini makes it hard for me to think long term goals. Things change so much I feel like i have to be prepared to tweak my 3-5 goals if I have to without getting upset. I better get going on it.

9. Danette Watt profile image82
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

Setting and achieving goals puts you in charge of your life. Here are 10 tips on how to set and achieve your goals. read more

10. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Setting goals is a great skill for kids to learn.  Here are some ideas to help children see the value improving their life through goal setting. read more

11. Jynzly profile image63
    Jynzlyposted 12 years ago

I am a goal-oriented person and I would like to share my techniques in goal-setting.
    I will pick one or a couple of topics from the suggestions or I may create my own. I am on. Thanks for the chance to share. My hubs will follow shortly.

12. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

New Year's Resolutions cause stress by setting us up for impossible goals. Here's how to avoid the stress and manage to achieve your best intentions. read more

13. Jynzly profile image63
    Jynzlyposted 12 years ago

A goal is as good as its creator. A good, achievable and workable goal is one that integrates the characteristics of its creator and the direction it is leading. Self-awareness, sincerity, determination, and doing-ness are basic ingredients both in the creation of the goal and for seeing through the success in manifestation plus a lot more. read more

14. Evylyn Rose profile image59
    Evylyn Roseposted 12 years ago

Some of us fail to achieve our exercise goals for various reasons. The following tips address some of those common excuses with some additional pointers to help keep you going. read more

15. meganlsmith3 profile image69
    meganlsmith3posted 12 years ago

I actually just wrote a hub about this very thing.  I titled it How to Keep New Years Resolutions.  But it would work with any goal. 

You should check out my hub:  http://meganlsmith3.hubpages.com/hub/Ho … esolutions

16. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 12 years ago

Creative and fun ways to work toward achieving your goals. Use these fun goal charts to track your success. Learn different ways to track progress and how sharing goals with others can help you complete your goal! read more

17. Marie Gail profile image77
    Marie Gailposted 12 years ago

Tired of not reaching those lofty goals you set? Try this minimum goal-setting technique. Minimums are goals you know you can keep, with a small amount of awareness. Here's to success in the new year! read more

18. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 12 years ago

How to set smart goals ? How to achieve goals effectively? tips to achieve it in a fun way. Make your New Year's Resolutions in  funny but effective way. Setting your goal is easy....keep it simple. read more

19. workingmomwm profile image80
    workingmomwmposted 12 years ago

The first ten items of a list of 50 SMART goals that will help you ring in a happier and healthier New Year. read more

20. Sustainable Sue profile image94
    Sustainable Sueposted 12 years ago

Start this year to create the life you dream of. You are stronger than you think, especially when you understand how the Law of Attraction works. This article shows you how. read more

21. geetbhim profile image59
    geetbhimposted 12 years ago

Here is the link on how to make new year resolution work
    http://geetbhim.hubpages.com/hub/How-to … ution-work

22. profile image0
    kate-olsonposted 12 years ago

Understand the difference between a goal and a desire. A goal is something that you can do, by yourself. Then there are desires that masquerade as goals, and these are goals that depend upon yourself plus other people.

Example of a goal: Eat healthy meals more often
    Example of a desire: Teach your children to choose nutrition over junk food

Goals are attainable. Desires often are not.

23. mljdgulley354 profile image60
    mljdgulley354posted 12 years ago

Making New Year's Resolution Setting Goal Try Answering These Questions

Many people make New Year's resolutions. Some set goals for the next year. Answering these questions may help you keep your resolutions or goals. Plans are only as good as the actions that take place to carry out the plan.

24. ktrapp profile image93
    ktrappposted 12 years ago

Setting goals and meeting goals is part of life. If you're a perfectionist struggling to meet goals, learn to make SMART goals that are both reachable and achievable. read more

25. Lindy's World profile image60
    Lindy's Worldposted 12 years ago

Setting realistic and practical goals for the New Year. read more

26. teyeger82 profile image64
    teyeger82posted 12 years ago

Sometimes the best way to achieve a goal is simply to tell someone else about your goal.  I think many people set goals and make resolutions without sharing their "plans" with anyone else.  If no one else knows about your goal, then it is way too easy to forget the goal, ignore the goal, change the goal, etc.

27. teyeger82 profile image64
    teyeger82posted 12 years ago

Well, it is the time of year when many people will make resolutions and set goals for what they hope to accomplish over the course of the next year or perhaps over an even longer period of time. It would be interesting to know how many of these... read more

28. KrystalD profile image67
    KrystalDposted 12 years ago

Looking for a great goal? It's as easy as getting closer to your dreams! read more

29. Melovy profile image93
    Melovyposted 12 years ago

If  you’ve tried to achieve goals with little success, then perhaps it’s time to look at goals differently. This article explains how to achieve goals by letting go of blocks you may not even be aware of. Just as importantly you will learn how to be happy with what’s here right now. read more

30. EyesStraightAhead profile image74
    EyesStraightAheadposted 12 years ago

"It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This is the time of year when many of us begin examining what we did wrong and right in 2011 and think about what we want to do differently in 2012. Some call the things we want to do goals, some call them resolutions. Either way, here are a few ways to ensure you set your goals/resolutions with a defined plan for reaching them! After this overvi read more

31. profile image0
    oldrickposted 12 years ago

Great question and so topical that you have and will get a deluge of answers. My addition to this flood is a distinction from (I think) Steve Chandler. It is not what a goal is, it is what a goal does, that is important. The function of a goal is not to get the final result...! The function of a goal is to inspire you and motivate you to joyful action. The function of a goal is to remind you to fall in love with your life.

32. Zainnisar profile image42
    Zainnisarposted 12 years ago

Hello everyone, its my attempt to respond to call by our Dear Simone,

5 Professional Goals You Should Set This Year

http://zainnisar.hubpages.com/hub/Professional-Goals

Have a good read and if you smile do share it with us, Ciao.

33. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 12 years ago

Setting goals is fairly easy.  I just think about the things I want.  It does not work for every goal but changing your environment can help with some of them.  To achieve a new goal you need to change your habits.  If you move things around you can not continue your old habits.  For example you can move the chair you usually sit on and replace it with exercise equipment.  If you want to spend less time watching TV make it more difficult to watch TV by moving the TV to another area or taking away the furniture.

It also helps if the goals are fun.  I wanted to lose some weight but instead of focusing on losing weight I set a goal to bike the beach once a week in the summer.  I like going to the beach and I like having a lean muscular body.

34. leegis profile image69
    leegisposted 12 years ago

What helped me with my goals was reading the book called "Five Balls of Wisdom" by Ausra Bijaminiene. It is a wonderful inspirational book. After reading that book, I feel I have what it takes to reach my goals.

35. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

If you are about to start a new semester and are trying to be organized and stay ahead in your schoolwork, this article will help you set goals and stick to them. read more

36. itsmonkeyboy profile image69
    itsmonkeyboyposted 12 years ago

My own humorous look at achievable goals for all for the New Year. What will you do to make this a year not to forget? read more

37. amy1oowho profile image61
    amy1oowhoposted 12 years ago

AHH I'm about to miss this topic! I'm about to start setting "mini" goals again, which is where I set a few small, achievable goals every day to boost my mood. Examples: put in your contacts, put on makeup, make your bed, drink water instead of sweet tea, read your book instead of watching TV, etc. I'm so proud of myself when I complete them even though they're silly!

38. Sparklea profile image59
    Sparkleaposted 12 years ago

My advice on setting and achieving goals?  Ask God to help.  Every morning before I get out of bed I write a letter to God.  I ask Him to guide me intuitively that day moment by moment.  Since my passion is writing -  this morning I spread out sheets of paper and wrote chapter titles for a book I am working on.  Later I asked, "what next, God?"  I knew I was to get on the computer and write.  If a "thought flash" hits, write it down immediately.  I just know that without God I can do nothing.  The goals I set are things I love to do and are manifested by the Spirit of God within me.  Sincerely, Sparklea smile

39. terrektwo profile image80
    terrektwoposted 12 years ago

I'd say in general you just need to understand what you want, outline steps for achieving it and follow through no matter how difficult it seems.

40. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 12 years ago

I made a hub about this if you want to check

http://hillymillydee.hubpages.com/hub/T … ving-Goals

41. Robie Benve profile image94
    Robie Benveposted 11 years ago

A guide on how to set and achieve SMART financial goals and track your progress. What's keeping you from getting rich? read more

42. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 11 years ago

I have composed two hubs on this subject before I realized that this was a previous weekly topic inspiration topic.

Importance of Setting Goals: http://spartucusjones.hubpages.com/hub/ … ting-Goals

How To Set Goals: http://spartucusjones.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Set-Goals

43. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

How to make it big in your career. Expert tips to get promoted, get a raise, and make more money! read more

44. KarenCreftor profile image84
    KarenCreftorposted 11 years ago

Didn't click 'make a Hub about it' again *D'oh!*

http://karencreftor.hubpages.com/hub/Go … ving-Goals

~Kaz x

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)