Im a Christian and not married legally...But in God's eyes I am..Do you think it

Jump to Last Post 51-84 of 84 discussions (340 posts)
  1. TheLightFairy profile image58
    TheLightFairyposted 8 years ago

I believe that it is valid. "Marriage" is a piece of paper that involves some tax related things, as well as a few rights, and essentially makes "breaking up" more costly and difficult. I believe if one values their not-legal marriage as though it were (a life-time commitment to another person whom you love) then why not? While Adam and Eve may have been married by God, could one not be married by God now-a-days? Crazier things have been claimed no doubt! I am not Christian, I am Wiccan.. However, I respect people of all faiths, and felt as though I should put in my two cents here. The Bible never stated one needed to be "legally married", if I am correct. I think it is just as valid so long as you take it just as seriously!

1. profile image50
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wiccan? Paganism? I've met another another one?  New to me! Yes, one can be married by God now-a-days if they're doing as Gal 1:6-9 says!  Yes, we must obey the laws of the land if in agreement with God's laws which says legally marry! Not valid unle

2. cperuzzi profile image91
      cperuzziposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Jasmine, that's awesome.  Considering we don't live in a theocracy, one would acknowledge that the path to enlightenment comes through many roads. IMHO Scripture is not one of them.  Two people who love each other can be together.

3. profile image50

CP:  Sure can! It's called "FREE WILL" but not "Married" in the sight of GOD!

4. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Victor , also example even though people are not obligated
      To God's law, does not mean they are not Judge.
      1Co 5:13 while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”
      All people are Judged rather they believe or not

5. profile image50

K&T: Yes all will be judged yet not "Married" in the sight of GOD unless as Eph 5:32 "As Christ is to the CHURCH" and an unholy person (sinner)  is not "As Christ is to the CHURCH" (Both Holy)!

2. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 8 years ago

Now we know it all: in your words "I am not married legally "- it means you and the rest of the world know you are married illegally. What "we" do think or say would only please your assumption you do right, or  confirm your suspicion about yourself if its "acceptable."  Disregarding any of our  opinions or even any "christian" churches  opinion, they are many and mostly conduct their lifestyle according to certain groups rules.
    In order to answering your question "who married Adam and Eve'', we  need to go back in the history when the Garden Eden wasn't polluted  by the "sin of distrusting the Creator", the time where the God was walking and talking with his children, then  we might be able to get the answer, if we ask for one. Meanwhile, if you know  yourself who you are in the family of  God, -Him being your Father, you would live by His word / will and  the Holy Spirit  will reveal you the truth .
    Finally, we the human do not  operate in power and wisdom what's in "God's eyes" right and wrong, unless we know  revelation Truth of His word.
    May God bless you with the peace which passé all understanding.

1. profile image50

Yes, "wasn't polluted by the "sin of distrusting the Creator" confirms that the "orig Marriage" was HOLY & IN THE LORD!  Are our "marriages" as such?  If not, then not a "Marriage" according to Scripture unless 1 comes to KNOW Him during "union!"

3. the rawspirit profile image82
    the rawspiritposted 8 years ago

I am not your judge. You know in your own heart what is right for you. Listen to your spirit. Many people will want to tell you what to do, but you are a lady, and you have a mind, heart and spirit of your own. Take the time, to pray and meditate on this and the answer will come to YOU.  You are blessed, Bobby

1. profile image50

Right!  No ONE is the "judge" but the Word of God!  "Meditate" on the Word re: "Marriage!"  "pray...and the answer will come to YOU."

4. word55 profile image69
    word55posted 8 years ago

God says, obey the laws of your locality and you will obey His laws. If you both have good intentions then get married legally. The children will derive his name and that will resolve the questionable. Amen?

1. profile image50

Oh yeah, "same sex marriage?"  "Good intentions" is not according to the "Word" of God which OVERRULES!" As Christ is to the CHURCH" is example of a "TRUE" Marriage, both HOLY! Eph 5:31-32!  Society "twisted" so long, it "believes" UNRIGHTEOUSNESS!

5. TonyDan profile image74
    TonyDanposted 8 years ago

I know what you are saying when you say in God's eyes you are married because marriage is in its truest sense a union between two souls who feel they were brought together to be one. In God's eyes that indeed is true marriage but he still expects all those who came after Adam and Eve to become ceremonially married also the reason being the ceremony is an outward proclamation and witness to the world of your commitment to each other just as water baptism is an outward proclamation and witness to the world of your commitment and union with Jesus Christ. Is a ceremonial marriage necessary for you to be  spiritually connected? No. But it is necessary to show the level of commitment you confess to have for one another. At least verbally. It also shows that you are willing to contractually bind yourselves together which also shows the level of commitment you have to each other. Two people just living together does not have the same level of commitment in that one of them can just leave without any real consequences. Although there are common law marriage laws in place now they still do not compare to the legal responsibility that an actual marriage has. And I might add, to ask who married Adam and Eve is a loaded question. They were the only two people on earth at the time. They had very little choice in the matter. In Genesis 4:1 the Bible says Adam "knew" his wife (had sexual intercourse) which at that time was considered marriage. And in actuality intercourse is still the act of marriage. In the beginning intercourse is what God intended to be the act of marriage or the unifying of two people as one couple or "coupling." Intercourse was not intended to be what it has become today. It was supposed to be the reward or one of the pleasures of married couples.

1. profile image50

Ton: Adam & Eve were "both" Holy & "in the Lord" (I Cor 7:39) which was God's intent for marriage!  Who does this? Eph 5:32 says "mystery" .."as Christ is to the Church!"  Both HOLY!  If don't know Christ = "DEAD" per Eph 2:1 so how can one m

2. TonyDan profile image74
      TonyDanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Don't quite know what point you're trying to make Norine but God honors all marriage that is done biblicilly which is: joined together in a legal and spiritual bond before witnesses. Some things are simple and not spiritually deep or complicated.

3. profile image50

Did you read Eph 5:32 "...as Christ is to the CHurch?"  What's that? Why  argue w/Scripture although not what "we" (me too) want to hear must of time? It is what it is!

The Bible is ALL Spiritual (Jn 4:24)!
      Give Scriptures ALL marriages r of God?

6. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years ago

Yes, I believe that you are married spiritually and that God does sanction your marriage. A civil marriage is protection from greedy people who would be ready to grab your or your husband's positions should either of you expire. I personally do not believe that civil (legal) marriages are sanction by God, but your belief is what makes it so.

But civil marriage is more in this day and age about earthly positions.
    I had a friend, Kathy who was in a long time common law marriage. When Tony died, his ex-wife (civil marriage and divorce) swooped in and took Tony's positions because they had children together.  The ex also took some of Kathy's positions.  Kathy was so distraught about losing the love of her life she did not fight back.

1. profile image50

Shy:"I personally do not believe that civil (legal) marriages are sanction by God, but your belief is what makes it so." Mk 7:13 "Making the word of God of no effect, thru YOUR tradition, ..& many such thgs do ye."

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine, thank you, but I do read my bible.

3. profile image50

Shy: Then u "know" what one "believes" but is not stated in Word is not so!  Read I Cor 7:39 "...only in the Lord" 2nd marriage & first also! Eph 5:32 "..as Christ is to the Church."  BOTH HOLY!

7. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 8 years ago

God is all that matters, and your personal relationship. A government stamp is absolutely worthless, and in this day and age it's amazing to me that so many cringe before them "asking/begging" for permission to live their lives. Baaaahhh! Marriage is a commitment and a vow. The government has no place in marriage at all.

1. profile image50

"Marriage is a commitment & a vow" but to whom? No one is married "in the sight of GOD" if they don't KNOW Him!

8. Dipjyotidas profile image61
    Dipjyotidasposted 8 years ago

Main thing is ''do u accept your marriage''?Not in Christianity but in other religion people do marry illegally.In india most of people use to marry without any legal paper.It is in millions. so law will say they are not married or what.To approve your marriage You just need a legal paper.so go and get married in court  with two -three eye witness and give a lawful meaning to your marriage. Have a wonderful married life

1. profile image50

So says "the world!"

9. Gaurav Oberoi profile image68
    Gaurav Oberoiposted 8 years ago

If your feelings are true and you are willing as well as capable of taking a lifelong stand, it is acceptable. If it works for you, let it.

1. profile image50

If you believe this, John 10:10 is working!

10. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 8 years ago

Why do you care what others think?  Are you violating the law somehow?  Are you excluding yourself from some kind of Government Benefit?  The only thing that matters is what you believe because your "marriage" has nothing to do with anyone but yourself and your partner.

1. profile image50

Spoken by one who doesn't care what GOD says!

11. Jordan Travis profile image67
    Jordan Travisposted 8 years ago

God Himself performed the marriage in the Garden of Eden. I can imagine that He breathed life into Adam, saw and heard of his loneliness, created Eve, and then brought them together. It would definitely not be akin to our weddings, but a wedding of sorts occurred in the Garden, with God as officiant.

1. profile image50

Both were Holy and "in the Lord" (I Cor 7:39)!  God established and this was His intent!

12. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

God the Father married Adam and Eve
    And said these words,
    Mr 10:7, 8 For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother, 8 and the two will be one flesh,’ so that they are no longer two, but one flesh.
    Jesus recited the words of his Father,
    NOTICE !
    Ge 2:24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he will stick to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
    King James Version
    Ge 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
    They were married. Here it states to her husband,
    Also as an extra notation to people say there is no notation of the gender of who Adam married , it is clear here as saying she gave to her husband.
    That is very clear and truthful.

1. profile image50

K&T: TRUE! Matt 19:4 "...Have ye not read that he who made them @ the beginning, made them MALE & FEMALE?" Didn't say "same sex!"

2. Kiss andTales profile image59

Her and he ate is saying without a doubt

Man and woman. Truth

3. profile image50

K&T:  WHEY!  (Wiping brow) We finally agree on 1 thg NO 2 "baptism." No 3 "No Trinity!"

Let's continue to discuss that "ONE SPIRIT" in Eph 4:4-6 (Father & Son v father & son) or (Spirit v carnal) as believers should do (Heb 6:1-3)

Ge 7:7 So Noah, along with his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives, went into the ark ahead of the floodwaters.
      These people survive the earths Judgment by God's hands.  They did not know Jesus.

5. profile image50

K&T: "They did not KNOW Jesus?" Gen 6:8; "BEFORE the world was" Jn 17:5; 8 souls "saved" I Pet 3:20 not only fm water but BLV'D as Noah.

Who taught u "ignorance?"  I Thess 4:13; Rm 11:25.

Satan is laughing!

13. profile image53
    Randy DeCarloposted 8 years ago

God asks for a covenant(public) between the two persons who married.

1. profile image50

"...only in the Lord!" (I Cor 7:39). "...as Christ is to the church..." (Eph 5:32) = HOLY!

2. profile image53
      Randy DeCarloposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I take it that this is a question from a Christian.

3. Man from Modesto profile image80
      Man from Modestoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You completely made that up. The two flesh become one flesh automatically. No ceremony is required.

4. profile image50

MM: Not ALL two flesh become one if so why did God tell Israelites to divorce those not not Children of God?  Why? MUST BE Children of God!

14. steveso profile image78
    stevesoposted 8 years ago

I think your arrangement is perfectly acceptable, but I think you have not really accepted yet. Marriage has not always been a religious agreement, but a civil contract ensuring the legal transfer of property. Even today you need a marriage license to get married, either in a religious ceremony or a civil ceremony. If you get married in a church, you still aren't legally married unless you have that piece of paper!

1. profile image50

In the sight of GOD is Q!  GOD established Marriage so always been a Spiritual agreement.  Eph 5:32 "As Christ (Holy) is to the Church" (Holy)! Both Holy! "Piece of paper"=nothing (law of land) in the Sight of God who supersedes man's laws!

2. steveso profile image78
      stevesoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Only if you believe in the Bible!

3. profile image50

Steve: Well provide a book w/as many ACCURATE prophecies written BEFORE Bible? ONLY GOD could have KNOWN this!

15. pinturapiscinas profile image57
    pinturapiscinasposted 8 years ago

Of course. It is really accptable.

I thing is really good for human bens to get married legally or not legally

1. profile image50

ONLY if OK in the sight of GOD (I Cor 7:39)!

16. flpalermo profile image61
    flpalermoposted 8 years ago

For legal matters, ask judge "Judy" if it's to your advantage not being married.

1. profile image50

Spoken like a true "Unbeliever!"

17. newjerusalem profile image70
    newjerusalemposted 8 years ago

Adam and Eve were united in marriage by God without any controversy. But, there was no human law existing at that time. Also there were no other human beings to witness their marriage. If you were married before the Lord, then it may be acceptable to God. But, every christian needs to obey the law too --  I think, any spiritual person ultimately becomes a better citizen.The Lamb of God himself will conduct his marriage in public and many will be invited for the same. Marital relationship represents the spiritual relationship of Christ and the Church. Why any christian marriage is to be conducted secretly? The question itself confirms that you're searching for assurance from people for your marriage, this means that acknowledgment from society also needed for the marriage. Well, I just shared my opinion.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59

Good Points victor, Another Thought what is the difference in none christians and christains, are you making that evident in your choices as a Christian, atheist , pagans, may not marry either, Jesus is clear follow him.

2. profile image50

Vic: Obey "laws on land" (Rm 13:1-14)! GOD supersedes! Eph 5:32 "Christ is to the Church" (both HOLY) otherwise "license to sin" (Jn 4:16-24)! TRUTH! 

K&T: Yes, as Jn 4, 1 can marry according to man's law, but not Marriage "In the sight of God!

3. newjerusalem profile image70
      newjerusalemposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hello Kiss andTales
      Non Christians are not under the obligation of following the word of God. However, all have to obey the laws of the nation and regard marriage as divine institution.

Hello Victor ! True not all are under the law of God, as I stated when I mention Atheist,  or pagan, the reason I mention this if you do not believe in God and not marry  , what would make you different from none believers. 
      Your works prove christ

5. profile image50

Vic: No matter if world sees "divine inst," not so w/GOD who supersedes man's law!  True: Non Christians r not oblig to follow GOD & DEAD n "trespasses & sins" Eph 2:1! If DEAD (Spiritually) & Marriage is HOLY, Eph 5:32, not Married!

18. AshlyChristen profile image81
    AshlyChristenposted 8 years ago

there are already many great answers here, but, I find this a difficult subject and I have been in your position. It took 7 years for my husband and I to actually tie the knot, and it was a simple signing of papers. We rode home in the car and said, "Well I feel no different, we are just legal now" and its true. What makes this so difficult these days is that there is no sanctity left in marriage. marriage was origninally intended for man and woman and now anyone can marry anyone. which is all good and fine, but ...im slightly conflicted...but not a hater...anyway...I had the same question you did for a long time. We had a son together, lived together, were married in al senses except the papers. Part of me wanted to be unmarried forever but the other part was this nagging sensation that we should do "what is right" and be legally married. I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders and all the judgey eyes lessened. however,though I am no professional,  i fully believe that God looks at the heart not court papers. But if there are feelings of conflicton, it could be for a reason

1. profile image50

I is "for a reason!"  Not Holy goes against one's spirit! Feel somewhat relieved (man watching) but not a Marriage "in the sight of God" if one doesn't KNOW Him!  We r dead in sins & can't make a vow to the LORD!

19. Eldercurk profile image69
    Eldercurkposted 8 years ago

Remember the Samaritan woman at the well with Jesus? she mentioned that she had no husband but Jesus said that she had five husbands but the man who you're with is not your husband. The five men she slept with became her husbands and the one she was shacking with was not her husband. Whoever a person sleeps with becomes one with that person, as it is written, the two shall become one. If the man that you're with vows a vow that he will marry you, that is marriage in the eyes of God, marriage is making a sacred vow but the laws of the land says you need a license. Of Couse you must obey the laws of the land and legally get a license.

1. profile image50

WRONG! Read I Cor 7:39 (Speaking of 2nd but 1st also) "...ONLY IN THE LORD!" 
      Eph 5:32 "...AS CHRIST (Holy) IS TO THE CHURCH (Holy)..." 
      This is the "Mystery" of a "Marriage" as God intended - Both Holy & "in the Lord!"

20. Besarien profile image74
    Besarienposted 8 years ago

Common law marriages eventually became legal marriages after enough time had passed. This is an example of how the law of man finally catches up to the law of God. It used to be illegal for slaves to marry; yet they married one another in their hearts. God is love and recognizes love above the laws of man. If you are married in God's eyes, you are good to go.

1. profile image50

If slaves didn't KNOW GOD, still not married according to I Cor 7:39!  Have to be "married in the sight of GOD" (IN THE LORD) then "good to go!"

2. Besarien profile image74
      Besarienposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Norine! I think we actually agree on this, since the subject is Christian marriage, which necessarily has to be in the Lord.

21. Man from Modesto profile image80
    Man from Modestoposted 8 years ago

In past times, a public marriage formed the basis of the transaction: the giving away of the bride. The father owned the daughter. Typically, the husband's family provided some form of compensation. Livestock, clothing, jewels, oils, and precious metals were all forms of payment.
    The public event ensured none of the parties could later back out. A man could not take the woman's virginity, then claim he never knew her. A father could not sell his daughter (sorry, "give" away), and then claim she was abducted, and demand her return. Friends and family from both sides witnessed the transaction; the deal was sealed by a public display.
    Has GOD ever required such a practice? A ceremony? If it is there, I can't recall it. "Marrying and giving in marriage" is certainly mentioned, as are other customs. Their mention does not mean anything about God's requirement or even approval.
    Now, the negative part: When you submit your application to the government, requesting their permission... you acknowledge and accept that they have authority over you and over your marriage. The state has claimed in court cases (typically parents wanting to remove their children from all or certain parts of public school programming) that the state owns children, not the parents. The state has claimed that part of the agreement to marry under the state is that the union forms a corporation. All production of the corporation belongs to the state. Said production is children.
    So, not only is it okay by God, it is wise, too.
    Caveat: If things go south, you will might have difficulty settling things in court.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59

From God's written word he does yoke togather, Mr 10:9Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”

John 2:9
      the director of the feast called the bridegroom

What is legal binding requires legal divorce if this is case Mt 5:31

2. profile image50

K&T: If you knew what GOD defines as "Marriage," you'd be right!  ANYONE can obtain a license but not married! Woman @ well had 5 marriages according to man's law but she didn't KNOW Jesus so not "Married!"

3. Kiss andTales profile image59

Dear Norine , Marry and Joseph got married  while Marry  was carrying Jesus.
      And Jesus was not anointed as the Messiah until his baptism.
      So the point here Jesus ministry had not began yet .So that would not be the case of not knowing him.

4. profile image50

K&T: GOD "joined" Mary & Joe (BOTH HOLY)! POINT: BOTH HOLY (GOD joined) or NOT "Married" (I Cor 7:39)! What does Jesus' anointing or ministry have to do w/marriage?  BOTH Mary & Joe KNEW JESUS (aka GOD I Tim 3:16)! ONE MUST KNOW HIM or NO

22. alekdo profile image61
    alekdoposted 8 years ago

Living in a civil marriage is quite acceptable nowadays. This is my personal opinion. And this is your personal decision as well. If you and your civil husband love each other and both of you believe in God, then everything is Ok, although, I don't think that priests will share this opinion as well. If this question bothers you a lot, then why don't you and your loved one talk it over and eventually get married? This can be a smart decision, which will make both of you feel safe and content. Good luck!

1. profile image50

Alek: "For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things" (I Jn 3:20)!
      If questioning, must be "uncertainty in heart!"

23. recappers delight profile image70
    recappers delightposted 8 years ago

Why do you think you are married in God's eyes?

Do you proclaim yourself as married? (This is the legal basis for a common law marriage.)

Is there a practical reason for you not being legally married?

Do you want to be legally married?

Without knowing any more about your particular circumstance, it is hard to tell.  I have a brother-in-law who has never married the woman he lives with, but they have been together for over twenty years. It is pretty clear to me that they are truly married, whether they have the papers to prove it or not. At any rate, among ordinary people, it's kind of anything goes. All you really need to pray about is whether or not you are married in God's eyes, and I can't comment on that because I do not know you. If He approves of your bond, it is acceptable.  And I must leave it for you and Him to work out.

1. profile image50

I Cor 7:39 "...ONLY IN THE LORD!"

24. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 8 years ago

See my comment in reply to the comment by Lea Child.

25. David33 profile image60
    David33posted 8 years ago

This is a huge question that would take about 50 pages to answer properly, but I will try in a few paragraphs. For one thing Legal is based on a dead language called Latin and is a system of terms of art or artifice. Artifice is where we get the word artificial, thus fiction. Through surnames that are attached to our for given or forgiven names or our first names given to us by our parents we are in a sense marrying a godly name with an artificial name or surname. These surnames are used for commerce purposes or merchandise and traffic which is what Babylon is defined as. This is why JerUSAlem is called a harlot.

It would be a good idea to look up these words in a 1828 Webster Dictionary and some law dictionary's like Blacks and Bouviers to better understand these terms and how they are used to attach a person or persona to us through surnames that are used to tax us in the realm of Caesar or Seizure. For example the word District means to distrain, which means to seize for debt. This is what the District of Columbia was created for; to seize us into debt through citizenship by way of the United States Corporation. So that we can do things that are against God's law and nature through legal, permits, license, etc.

I would ask that you do not contract or marry the state anymore than you have to. Because now is the time to prepare to give back all of Caesar's property including his surnames, birth certificates, social security cards, id, etc. and learn Christ.

Job 32:21-22  Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.  22  For I know not to give flattering titlesH3655; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.

H3655

כָּנָה
    kânâh
    kaw-naw'
    A primitive root; to address by an additional name; hence, to eulogize: - give flattering titles, surname (himself).

Anyway here is a little to get you started, but you do not want to mix your first name with any surname as we all have done ignorantly and we are surely smarting for it.

Proverbs 11:15  He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.

Webster 1828

Surety

5. In law, one that is bound with and for another; one who enters into a bond

Person

PERSON, noun per'sn. [Latin persona; said to be compounded of per, through or by, and sonus, sound; a Latin word signifying primarily a mask used by actors on the state.]

26. The Stages Of ME profile image81
    The Stages Of MEposted 8 years ago

I don't think it matters what I think or anyone else thinks. I believe you are a child of God and He guides your heart and path. People are too busy judging and distracting from the path Christ places them on to focus on the purpose He has for any given life. We are all used for His purpose. No one is perfect, but in His eyes we are fearfully and wonderfully made, just as we are in this timing. He changes and molds us in our individual walks according to His sufficient grace and perfect timing. I guess if we spent more time trying to be like Him and loving like Him, we would spend less time judging those who do not love like us. I would encourage you to seek Him every day, stay hungry for His word and LOVE like He loves us.

1. profile image50

"...TRYING TO BE LIKE HIM..." IS THE KEY & THE "ONLY" WAY WE CAN "BE LIKE HIM" IS STUDY HIS WORD AND "BELIEVE " WHAT HE HAS SAID! 
      I COR 7:9 SAYS "...IT IS BETTER TO MARRY THAN TO BURN..."
      U BELIEVE?

2. The Stages Of ME profile image81
      The Stages Of MEposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Truth, yes, but is it not better to lovingly point others to the word itself where they can then be convicted by it, as opposed to distancing with judgement. I'm married with a covenant Christ is our centre. I believe He word guides in all things.

3. profile image50

"judgement?"
      PROBLEM:No Judgment in the world! GOD loves JUDGMENT (Is 61:8;fm WORD) r how else will 1 no rt fm wrong?
      RIGHT: "WORD guides in ALL" & IT MATTERS "WHAT HE THINKS!!"
      MARRIAGE: "ONLY IN THE LORD" (I COR 7:39)!

27. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 8 years ago

No.God blessed Adam&Eve.A family ,that is God's idea .we must live according to his will.

1. profile image50
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes!  Adam & Eve were (at that time; before they had sinned) holy, and "in the Lord" (I Cor 7:39)!

2. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine This is my last reply to you.
      Sneaky of God's judgement or sneaky by yours. His Judgment is the only one that counts.
      Because we are imperfect. Last reply to you for peace.

3. profile image50

You didn't answer GOD'S WORD?  Do you believe I Cor 7:39 "ONLY in the LORD" as pertaining to marriage? 
      It doesn't matter how you feel about me, ONLY TRUTH in WORD matters!

Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine you are not God .And I do not answer by your demands of any scripture. You are on earth just like me
      and we all are judge by him.
      lol!

5. profile image50

I Pet 3:15!  When 1 doesn't "answer," defies WORD!
      NO! I'm not GOD, BUT "His Word" is!
      "Judging?"  WE "judge" w/HIS WORD is what GOD told us to do! 
      "READ" my HUB "Deleting God's Word" re: Verses re: "judgment!"   
      GOD'S WORD judges through me!

28. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 7 years ago

No. Where did you get the idea or notion that living illegally without the benefit of marriage is legal and acceptable in God's eyes? That is the farthest thing from the truth. Jehovah God married Adam and Eve. The verse at Genesis 2:28 says----"Further, God BLESSED them,  (God blessed them, Adam and Eve by marrying them. They had God's BLESSING to be united as a married couple, a man and woman) and said to them: "Be fruitful and become many....." Living together without the benefit of a legal marriage is actually commiting fornication, something that is highly condemned by God (1st Corinthians 6:18, Galatians 5:19, 1st Thessalonians 4:3, 1st Corinthians 5:9, 1st Corinthians 6:9, Hebrews 13:4 (Those defiling the marriage bed without the benefit of marriage), Ephesians 5:5).

29. Louis Rabaud profile image61
    Louis Rabaudposted 7 years ago

Hi! I'm the new kid on the block! But I'll do my best to give you some highlight on this subject which comes from Jesus himself.  This is one of Matthew's version:
    '' You have learnt how it was said: You must not commit adultery; but I say this to you: If a man looks at a woman lustfully, he has already committed with her in his heart. If your right eye should cause you to sin, tear it  out and throw it away; for it will do you less harm to lose one part of you than to have your whole body thrown into hell. And if your right hand should cause you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; for it will do you less harm to lose one part of you than to have your whole body go to hell.''

''It has also been said: Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a writ of dismissal. But I say this to you: everyone who divorces his wife, except for the case of fornication, makes her an adulteress; and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. ''

'' Again, you have learnt how it was said to our ancestors: You must not break your oath, but must fulfill your oaths to the Lord. But I say to you: do not swear at all, either by heaven, since that is God's throne; or by earth, since that is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, since that is the city of the great king. Do not swear by your own head either, since you cannot turn a single hair white or black. All you need to say is 'Yes' if you mean yes, and 'No', if you mean no; anything more than this comes from the evil one.''  I hope that will help you a bit!
    Thank you!
    Louis Rabaud

1. profile image50

Yes! "New "KID" (Spiritually) operating under the "LAW!"  New Covenant is "Spiritual!"  Marriage is "Spiritual!" READ I Cor 7:39 "ONLY IN THE LORD" bcuz previously "DEAD (Eph 2:1) in trespasses & sins!" How can u "vow" if "DEAD?"

30. Rawls profile image60
    Rawlsposted 7 years ago

God intended man and woman to be joined together and forsaking all others be joined in marriage.  God married Adam and
    Eve..When He created Eve, He presented her to Adam.

31. Kayte profile image41
    Kayteposted 7 years ago

God Married Adam and Eve. In the bible no man needed to marry them because they were the only humans on Earth. In the old days no one really got married during ancient times, the sexual relationship between a man and a woman meant they were actually husband and wife. For upperclass people the man would ask her father and then wait a year to have sex with her, but technically and lawfully she was his wife. However Adam and Eve being born on earth first were instantly husband and wife because there was no other man or woman alive.

32. Linda BookLady profile image81
    Linda BookLadyposted 6 years ago

Romans 13:1 - "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God."

Without legal marriage one partner or the other can decide to walk away and there's nothing holding them back. Possibly legal marriage is a protection.

33. Craan profile image78
    Craanposted 6 years ago

In God's eyes you are not married since you have not acquired a legal marriage license. The marriage license shows you have obeyed the laws of your government in gaining your true matrimonial rights.

Almighty God will bless you when you refuse to live in sin. God married Adam and Eve and they were not living in sin. God was the only government at the time of creation. Today, we have a society with laws that define true marriage.

Shacking up is fornication and you can't sugar coat it to make it sound just.

34. Porshadoxus profile image60
    Porshadoxusposted 6 years ago

Biblically speaking, the act of sex joins a man and a woman as 'one flesh'.
    However, we also have to consider our Community Standards. If you will be viewed as living in sin by your community, perhaps it would be best to have a minister perform a ceremony.
    And don't bother getting a marriage license- you don't need it. If you have a family Bible with the proper page in the front matter, fill it in and have your witnesses sign it. That is a legal document. The state does NOT have to give you permission to do what God wants us to do already.
    And stay away from the heresy of the Catholic church. They'll tell you that you're not really married unless they do it. Hogwash!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)