What is your favorite part of the day?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (54 posts)
  1. ThompsonPen profile image65
    ThompsonPenposted 11 years ago

What is your favorite part of the day?

I am a huge morning person. I love waking up and feeling the bite of the morning and the freshness of the dew and seeing the sun rise. I love that first cup of tea in the morning. I love the stimulation my mind gets from the day light.
    But I also love a hot bath at the end of the day.
    What is your favorite part of your day?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day would have to be the evenings when it is time to relax and get away from the hectic race of the day. To be able to just put my feet up and relax.

3. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

The moment I wake up because I get to Thank God and I know He is not done with me yet and have more time to complete the path He has created for me.

4. lburmaster profile image73
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

The evening. I can stay up for hours reading, visit friends after a difficult day, or just watch a movie while eating coffee ice cream and drinking hot tea.

5. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

My favorite time of day is the morning. I love getting up and having the entire day ahead of me.  It is a much higher energy time for me than any other part of the day.

6. GiblinGirl profile image71
    GiblinGirlposted 11 years ago

Probably the evening when I can just kick back and relax and play scrabble with my husband.

7. lrc7815 profile image82
    lrc7815posted 11 years ago

I am a morning person too.  I love that first hour or so in the morning, sitting with my coffee, a little bit of a nip in the air, and wondering what the day will bring.  It is my best thinking time.  I also love the sounds of the birds waking up, singing their songs to the universe. It makes me feel alive and hopeful.  Great question by the way.

8. connorj profile image68
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7433525_f260.jpg

For me it is the early mourn. I appreciate the sunrise and try to observe it each day. Living in Florida (during the summer months); also optimizes your appreciation for the cooler mourns before the sun becomes our "scorched-earth policy."  The early mourn is ideal for me to walk our dogs on the many trails around our subdivision and it is indeed when the myriad of birds are noisiest (they are not angry).
    Every Saturday mourn "the little boy" comes out in me as I am usually first to hit the clean sheet of ice at our local ice hockey rink (RDV) around 6:15 A.M. On Sunday mourns I sit and relax in our backyard patio enveloped in bougainvillea; sipping my better-half's most-excellently brewed coffee either reading or writing (with a fire in our outdoor-fireplace from October through April). It is an ideal time and place for me to record my thoughts. After all it is this manipulation of the mourns that allowed me to contemplate and become a published writer...

1. shivanchirakkal10 profile image57
      shivanchirakkal10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

hi connorj,
      the nice photo gives relax, like a beautiful morning.thank you.

9. mvillecat profile image68
    mvillecatposted 11 years ago

I love the first cup of coffee that is fresh and steaming and with a great flavor. I like the morning but I seem to get more done in the early evening.

10. shampa sadhya profile image75
    shampa sadhyaposted 11 years ago

Everyday I need a little space for myself when it's me altogether and no one is there to disturb me. I get this opportunity when my son goes to sleep at night. Thus, the time span between 10 to 11:30 at night is my favorite time.

11. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

I love the early morning, when all is still and quiet and all possibilities for a new day begin. I think of it as a magical, creation time. A time to meditate and create my day and walk into the world ready to take on whatever is to come. But the sweet relief of the evening when the day is done and you have accopmlished what you set out to do, is a lovely feeling as well. Great question. Thanks!

12. profile image0
    mayank786posted 11 years ago

my favorite part of the day is to listen music while playing racing game it makes me feel happy and joyful.

13. unvrso profile image84
    unvrsoposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day is that after waking up. I´m usually more mentally active during this time of the day. I also feel more relaxed during this time.

As the day progresses, I start to feel the stresses of daily life and if I´m lucky I can do important things, but if I´m not, Those important things can get stucked and then I will begin to worry.

14. actionbronson profile image59
    actionbronsonposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of a 24 hr day is always night time when I"m completed with my tasks, winding down and relaxing my mind. I also love early mornings and watching the sunrise. Love sunrises and sunsets so those times of the day are always fun.

15. Sjlifed profile image61
    Sjlifedposted 11 years ago

My favourite part off the day is also my most unhealthy part of the day.

A pint of Erdinger (beer) after a hard (or in this case, any) day's work perks me up. It just feels that I have worked hard and it time to unwind and play. And this is what keeps me waking up each morning (not a morning person) thinking that I have had fun and I have to work harder. This lifestyle suits me well. (:

16. dghbrh profile image80
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

Morning time is the most fav time of the day for me as well
    Thanks.

17. Archit Goyal profile image61
    Archit Goyalposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day is when I talk my friends passionately about our upcoming meet up and the second one is when I write about my thoughts on my notebook

18. profile image0
    whats cooking6posted 11 years ago

my favorite time is in the morning when i leave home and my mom serves me breakfast and gives me a goodbye kiss on my forehead with a smile.and then my day starts and i stay fabulous all day smile

19. lady rain profile image93
    lady rainposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day is bedtime when I get into my comfy bed and go to sleep.

20. Trish89 profile image59
    Trish89posted 11 years ago

Evening, I love having dinner with my family. Gives us a chance to catch up on our days we had.

21. paulburchett profile image60
    paulburchettposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day would have to be the afternoon. Reason being, the hustle and bustle of the morning has past and I am reflecting on it, wondering if I lived it to the fullest.
    Do I regret anything I did?
    Could I have done anything better?
    Am I happy with my decisions I have made thus far through the day?

After much consideration, I find myself with a much clearer, more focused state of mind. This can only lead to a more productive, satisfying remainder of the day.

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
      ReneeDC1979posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great way to live - nice comment paulburchett.

2. paulburchett profile image60
      paulburchettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much! Have a Great day! God Bless!

22. SoManyPaths profile image60
    SoManyPathsposted 11 years ago

mornings for me as well. I am just energized to get going, love me some breakfast and the morning air.

23. old albion profile image60
    old albionposted 11 years ago

I am a morning person up by 5 oclock every morning 7 days a week without fail, I am happiest in those hours when the rest of the household is still asleep. I sit with a pot of tea and just sit Quietly contemplating. Strangely I also like the last thing at night, I sit on the bed for a minute or two again thinking over the day and clearing my mind. This makes me appear sombre to the reader, I'm not, I'm a happy chappie through the day.
    Graham.

24. Joe Andover profile image82
    Joe Andoverposted 11 years ago

That's easy. It is when my beautiful and loving wife of 37 years gets home from work at 5:30pm every weekday. We have known each other since she was 9 years old and I was 11: that's when she moved in two houses away from mine. That adds up to 48 years of having the best friend ever in my life. We got to enjoy the various stages of us being kids playing together, to those great long summer days as teen age friends and confidant to each other, to our romantic interests finally getting on track, to getting married when I was only 22 and she at 20, to having three amazing children and now being the proud grandparents of two adorable and precious grandchildren.
    She has stood by me thru the worst possible times and never stopped believing in me. We are the quisessential soulmates/peas-in-a-pod that there ever was.
    So, yes, I would say when my wife gets home from work.

25. shivanchirakkal10 profile image57
    shivanchirakkal10posted 11 years ago

Dear ThompsonPen,
    Your question itself brings the feeling of the nice,cooling early morning. I prefer the morning, because from the hangout of the night after a days work, wake up in the morning gives new and fresh energy. Have a cup of tea from my wife, sit with her and sip tea and read news paper and share views with her, gives me and her energy for the day.

26. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

I'm not a morning person, but I absolutely love 3-4 AM. That's when the world is at its quietest. That's when inspiration is the most vivid and alive.

More problems get solved and more creativity gets done then that at any other time.

This is when my true self wrestles the most with its eons-long slumber to bless this mortal shell with its divine light.

1. ThompsonPen profile image65
      ThompsonPenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I used to love that time too. Especially in the summer, I used to like to go for warm walks down usually busy streets to bask in their silence

27. geetbhim profile image60
    geetbhimposted 11 years ago

My fav part of the day is early morning, after doing meditation, a cup of tea with hubby makes the day wonderful.

28. J. Biaza profile image59
    J. Biazaposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day is when all is done and I can take a nap.  Europeans have it right, resting in the middle of the days energy to the remainder of the day.  Three cheers to naps...

29. BMcQuaid profile image60
    BMcQuaidposted 11 years ago

I believe that all of my day is the favourite part of it. I am just glad that I am alive each day. Each and every day of my life is actually quite enjoyable because I don't dislike school, so I can be happy all of the time.

30. Audrey Baker profile image75
    Audrey Bakerposted 11 years ago

During the week, my favorite part of the day is when my work is done and I have my entire night ahead of me (which goes by too quickly). During the weekend, it is the morning, when I have the entire day ahead of me (which goes by too quickly).

31. mr-veg profile image60
    mr-vegposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day is evening when I come back home from office to see my sweet wife and cute daughter and cuddle them both with all my love smile

32. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 11 years ago

Definitely early morning. It seems as if he rest of the world is asleep, and you have the whole world to yourself. I often go for a walk, enjoy the quiet and peace of a place not yet overrun with people - walk alongside the lake close by, or into the park. I know a few cafe's that are open early - and it's such a joy to sit on a terrace or by the window, with my first fresh coffee and my writing-pad or journal - writing up my thoughts from the previous day while watching the city come slowly to life. The summer is especially beautiful - so many people enjoy sunsets, but only a few of us early-risers get to see the sunrise... we are privileged.
    I lived in Spain for a while. There I would rise at 4am and walk an hour to a little cove where I could swim in the ocean as the sun came up... the sunrise, the sky, the beach, and the whole ocean just for me!

33. profile image0
    LIL-ANGEL-WINGSposted 11 years ago

Early morning. It is the most peaceful to me, as there is very little noise from the world we live in. If you sit and watch the sun rise you can feel the depth of our creator. The sounds that you do hear are the sounds of the Birds and other creatures praising the creator for another day. It is a great time to meditate on the On Gods word with out interuption !

34. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

It depends on the angle I look at it. I love mornings since I can get so much accomplished while others are still waking up; but sunset is my favorite from the sheer beauty of the horizon. When it comes I have to stop everything in order to pause and admire it. I look forward to it if I know my schedule will put me outside when it happens.

35. Agnes Penn profile image61
    Agnes Pennposted 11 years ago

Growing up on a tropical island summers were incredibly hot so I learned to appreciate early morning walks by the beach before traffic or even the waves themselves woke up.
    Now that I live atop a mountain and rain or snow are prevalent most of the year I find that waking up before the sunrises helps clear the mind with warm thoughts.  It is also a great time to pray without distractions.

36. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

It depends on what day it is. Some days are just ho-hum, and I don't really like anything about them. But, dinner time is always good. My favorite day is Sunday, because that's when the cartoons are on. The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, and American Dad. Also the Cleveland show. I love those.

It also depends on the season. Summer is my favorite, with Fridays and Saturdays the best days of the week, because those are the days to party, spend time with my friends, and do fun things.

But, I also enjoy just sitting under the stars at night. Sometimes it is beautiful.

37. profile image57
    PoojaMehta0911posted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day would be the late evenings when it is time to relax and and get time for self after a hectic day. Followed by a good dinner with my hubby sharing the days experiences.

38. freerunescape profile image63
    freerunescapeposted 11 years ago

Lunch time! You get food and it feels like you have the whole day ahead of you!

39. gags3480 profile image59
    gags3480posted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day is when I am sitting on my bed & talking with my Gf for hours. Feels relaxed & also sense of happiness.

40. mahadear6 profile image61
    mahadear6posted 11 years ago

morning till 2 pm  for brightness and optimistic life
    365 days

41. Tams R profile image84
    Tams Rposted 11 years ago

I guess I'm the odd one here, but my favorite part of the day is not day at all. It is between midnight and 4am.
    If my phone rings, someone is in trouble and I know I won't mind answering. Certainly no telemarketers!
    The house is usually quiet and still clean (at least 'til morning).
    I can read a book, concentrate on writing or anything else my creative mind wants to foster.
    I enjoy my family and wouldn't know what to do without any one of them, but this is me time and I cherish it.
    Ironically, it is 12:59am as I write this. Go figure. smile

42. GypsyFootedWoman profile image68
    GypsyFootedWomanposted 11 years ago

The morning is the best part of the day for sure. The whole day is still ahead of you and the possibilities are endless. Anything could happen; you never know where the day might take you. It’s a wonderful feeling.

43. lex123 profile image79
    lex123posted 11 years ago

Early morning is the best time for me. The mind is fresh and can think better, work better, before taking up the regular workload.

44. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 11 years ago

In the morning when I wake up to see my wife's smile.

It makes my day. I believe it is a great day to be smile upon and giving a smile on my face.

45. profile image0
    Tayshiaposted 11 years ago

My favorite part of the day is early evening when I get home from work and my Jack is happy to see me.  We have what I call 'roll around time', my three year old rolls all over me while on the couch.  We kiss and hug, I love it!  Then we read and work on letters & numbers.  Then bath time!

1. mahadear6 profile image61
      mahadear6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

sometimes

46. Jennifer Bart profile image61
    Jennifer Bartposted 10 years ago

For me its night time I am defiantly a night owl. I like my alone time and usually late at night when everyone else is sleeping is the only time I really have to myself.

47. Lor's Stories profile image60
    Lor's Storiesposted 10 years ago

Early morning. It's almost poetic.

Just me and the sounds of birds. The sun lightly coming in the window.
    I love to see early morning runners. They look like a poetry in motion.
    It's a time of innocence and hope.
    I love getting up early to water plants and just watch nature come to life.
    It's wonderful to know nature doesn't let us down.
    It will always greet us in a beautiful way.

48. Enigmatic Me profile image77
    Enigmatic Meposted 10 years ago

As much as I love my morning coffee... I'm truly not a morning enthusiast. Besides the waking up and readying my wife and kids for their day, its a hectic time for me. But, when I get home from work and the munchkins are already in bed... peeking in on them as they sleep, or hearing their little sleepy voices call out to me as the creek of the door opening has stirred them... that truly is a wonderful time of day.

49. priyaharma profile image59
    priyaharmaposted 5 years ago

My favourite time of the day, at least for Monday to Friday, is early evening about 5–6 pm. This is the time when the family arrives home after a day at work or school.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)