Have you expierenced anything paranormal before?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (78 posts)
  1. dogluver1 profile image59
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

I never. Have you? If so I would like to know what happend. If you want to. smile

1. Gemsong profile image61
      Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I call it paranormal. Had to do with a couple houses. The first house we tried to I wasn't comfortable in. My husband was especially uneasy when I wasn't home. A bit of research on the house indicated the previous owner who died in the house was a very uptight old black woman who was extremely prejudice.

We moved into a new house and felt immediately at home. We've been here fifteen years now. The interesting part is that I did research on this house and found out the previous owner who died was a black woman. Apparently she is not uptight. Occasionally things move around, doors open and close by themselves, drawers in the kitchen open. The cats staring into space and watching curtains move without a breeze.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

honestly no, as i don't believe in the supernatural. although I do believe in god and religion.  however, the dead can't hurt you.  its the living that can.  that's why i'll never understand some people who are so afraid of the ghost haunting a place after a guy gets murdered there.  where i would be more afraid of what if the murderer came back, now that would be scary as that's more realistic.

3. profile image54
      callieharperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A few nights ago, i went down stairs to get a drink of water and i felt someone punch me in the head. in shock i turned round to find that no-one was there. i knew it wasn't my mum or dad as they were sleeping and wouldn't do somthing like that anyway. i paniced and ran upstairs but my eyes suddenly closed. it felt as if they were fastend shut or somthing because i was shaking and punching my own face to get my eyes to open, but still they didn't. i was trying to feel my way up the stairs when i felt someone clawing at my ankels, dragging me back down. i couldn't even look to see who it was. by this time i had dropped my water and it had smashed and i was trying to get upstairs to wake my mum and dad but somthing was dragging me back. i kept slipping but eventually somehow made my way to the top. However my eyes were still shut tightly. i was touching the walls trying to feel my way to my parents room but i felt a sudden blow to the face and i fell. my body kept being punched and i was flying from  wall to wall. but i couldn't hear anyone and when i reached out there was no-one there. all of a sudden my eyes shot open and i was sitting shaking in the corner of my hallway. i was sweating and just in so much shock. my mum then came out of the room and asked what i was doing on the floor. i just got up and went to bed, as i couldn't understand if what had happend had been real. there was no-one around, and the doors and windows were locked! it sounds crazy i know but the next morning i woke with a cut on my forhead and scratches around my ankels were i had felt someone dragging me back. also my body was coverd in bruising. i am only 15 and from  the UK.
      i have written a diary of what happend to prove i wasn't going mad. i can't tell anyone because im sure they will send me to a mental hospital. but i know im not mental. this was just the most un-real but real experience i have ever had. i am scared to sleep right now. thats why im writing it now. could somone tell me what this is??

1. NateSean profile image66
        NateSeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Without knowing more than what you've written it appears to me that you were experiencing some kind of a night terror.

Sometimes when you're half-awake and moving around your brain can play tricks on you. It can also be very hard to tell whether your experiencing real events or you're just dreaming.

That's why when someone is sleepwalking you should never try to wake them up. It seems to me you were basically sleep walking and something must have startled you, causing you to thrash about.

Has this happened again since that first time? Are you or you family members prone to sleep disorders of any kind? There are a number of possibilities that don't have to be paranormal but can be explained so that you can get help.

4. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My newest hub is on this subject.

2. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

Woo hoo! An opportunity to show the world just how insane I might be!
    Yes, I believe I have had a few paranormal experiences. All were located in my grandparents' home, which used to be what was commonly referred to as a "funny farm."
    Apparitions, voices, babies crying, things moving about... You know, I may actually save this for a hub. Thanks for the great idea!

1. dogluver1 profile image59
      dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No problem lol. I dont think your insane I believe you. smile

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
        Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You dont? Darn, 2 days on this site and my reputation is already ruined. tongue

The same thing happened to me. I started posting my strangeness in the forums and no one batted an eye or stuttered on the keyboard.

Perhaps we should try to be more strange? Or... we could all of a sudden begin acting "normal." Maybe if we act "normal", more people will bat their eyes.

I was normal once. It was the most terrifying 30 seconds of my life. Never again.

*batting eyelashes*

30 seconds? Wow, you beat me by 25 seconds. I just tried being normal and it was horrifying. Never never never EVER again! *runs and hides from the normal people*

2. mega1 profile image79
            mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hell, girl!  look around these hub forums - some are nuts, some loony, some pretending to be sane!  some are downright sickos!  you and I and alessia up there look almost sane, of course we have met our true group - people of "like mind" so BE HAPPY and act up all you want!  free to be me! yeh!  lol

2. dogluver1 profile image59
          dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No you seem really nice!

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago
  4. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

The home I grew up in had all kinds of "things" happening:  the back door would open and close (even thought the deadbolt was in), someone climbing the stairs to the basement and turning on the washing machine/lights/tv, bath would fill with water and drain after a few minutes, toilet flushing and the wash basin taps would turn on and shut off.  There were also voices of a man, woman and a baby crying.  *shiver*  just typing this gives me the chills again....use to feel hands on me, especially running through my hair and tapping on the shoulding in the middle of the night  *goosebumps*  Okay, that's enough for now.....  heebeejeebees!!!! yikes

5. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I had one and I wrote about the experience in my hub "The Scariest thing I ever Witnessed."  Be warned, its all about evil dolls yikes

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aaaaaaa!!!!! i had an evil doll once...

6. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

yeah this may seem weird but I sometimes have dreams and they partially come true, call it intuition, I don't know.. bit like that tv show medium

Deja vu is what that's called, I believe. I knew my cousin was pregnant before she had told anyone.

1. Richieb799 profile image73
        Richieb799posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dejavu does'nt happen in dreams though does it,and its the feeling that something has happened before.
        I remember the dream when I wake up and it happens quite regulary,and then something happens to confirm it. I dunno anyway, I never tell anyone about it

Then perhaps we're psychic. I was told that it is Deja vu when you have a dream and it comes true, or partially true.

yeah maybe we are, I thought dejavu is when your awake, premonition is when your asleep smile

2. atil profile image61
          atilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have experienced Vujade before. I am experiencing it right now, its the feeling of never doing what you're doing before.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
          Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's called Premonitory dreams and I have them most of the time.

If you saw my other post, you can see I explained to Alessia its called premonition

2. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I used to have dreams all the time and they would come true within a week or 2.. then I was dating this guy one time and we broke up and I had a dream that he was going to call me and if I answered the phone I would continue to have these dreams and if I didnt answer the phone the dreams would stop... well a few days later I was in the kitchen and I dont remember what I was doing but the phone rang and I ran to answer it and I seen his name on the caller ID and I remembered my dream and wondered if what the dream said by not answering would come true.. well I just let the phone ring and ring and I never knew why he called we never spoke again and I never had another preminition dream since then and that was about 7 years ago... I dunno could be something may not be anything but seems it all added up just like my dream said it would....

3. ninapoet profile image61
      ninapoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have had numerous experiences happen.  Too many to write here.
      Let's just say when people are passing they seem to connect with me.  I also will get things in my dreams.  I knew when my ex boyfriends mother had passed even though I had never met her nor had I talked to my ex in months.  She came to me and told me some things.  Shortly after a mutual friend told me that she had died---this is just example.  This stuff happens to me often.

7. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes, I saw a ghost in my fridge and it was cold in there, probably taking all the heat out of the surrounding area and manifesting the ghost with residual energy.....!

8. Gemsong profile image61
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

We are not insane. We are simply more in touch with the natural world. big_smile

9. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

My cat actually "talks!"

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously wow what does he say? Does he recite poetry? smile smile

1. quicksand profile image81
        quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you don't believe me, but he really does! He says things like "is this the crap that you've got for me to eat?" and he says this in a real sarcastic tone, mind you! lol

10. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

My sister has a Peace Lily plant that gives off a smoky smell right before something bad happens.

The plant came from my grandmother's funeral. My grandmother died a tragic death in a house fire after her house furnace exploded.

The first time this happened, my sister and my niece were in a hurry and left the house. They inspected every aspect of the house but could not locate a fire so they left to run their errand. A teen just back from getting his license T-boned them and my sister suffered massive head trauma. She firmly believes my grandmother was trying to tell her something and now if she smells the smokey smell she will not leave the house for fear something tragic will happen.

11. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I once had one of those out of body experiences. I was living with my parents at the time, back when they heated their house with wood. I used to have to get up every morning and go out and chop wood for our furnace. Well, one day, I hit myself in the leg with the axe. (I was not cut)

Anyways, I think I really must have hurt myself pretty bad, I open my eyes, and I am probably about 20 feet in the air, and I can see myself laying on the ground. The axe is laying beside me, and the ground is very slowly turning, and, I am just laying there, eyes wide open, but, I'm not moving.

And, I thought. Oh my god! I'm dead! I kept going up higher and higher, I could even see the street in front of my house, the lake that was at least a mile away, like everything you would see if you were in an airplane. The tops of the neighbors houses
    everything. And, I have never seen any of those things from above before. I never even flew in a plane until many years later. So it was really weird.

The next thing I know there is this really bright light, and, I suddenly find myself laying in the grass. with the axe laying beside me in the exact spot where I saw it from above. Well,
    I limp into the house, and my mom asks where I have been.

I must have been laying there for hours. But it only seemed like a few minutes. I went out at around 10 a.m. It was 3 p.m.
    when I walked into the house. It usally only takes about 30 minutes to cut wood. So that was very weird.

I have been unconcious before, and nothing like that has ever happened again. Just that one time.

12. twuxedo profile image58
    twuxedoposted 14 years ago

It quantum physic an d merely a projection, not really happening but happens repeats and akll that.
    So ghiost have left many heays ago but still present are there to do unfinish biusiness.

13. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

When I was a little girl still am....I dreamt this old lady used to throw pancakes in my eyes and in the morn only after those dreams my mother had to wash my eyes as they were stuck together...I swear this is as true as I stand.

1. twuxedo profile image58
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very od

2. quicksand profile image81
      quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Red Indian pancakes? smile smile smile

14. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

Here's another weird one for you. We all gathered together this past thanksgiving, and we started talking about what we used to do when we were kids. (us boys were pretty rotten.)

Well, we had these really long closets in our old house. My mother had one in her bedroom, and my sister had one in hers.
    We were allways so afraid to go in there.

Well, shortly after my moms dad died, she could often be heard talking to someone in her closet.(She was not in the closet, but, looking into and talking.) She swore that she was talking to her dad. We all thought she was a little coo-coo.

So, my brother brings this up. How he was in my moms closet trying to see if there were any christmas presents in there.(this is around christmas time.) And, he says, he freaked out, because he could have sworn he saw grandpa in there. And, he had been dead for a couple years.

So, that was a surprise.

After my dad died, I sometimes think I see him walking around in my apartment. Usually in the kitchen, or sitting on the sofa watching TV, when the television isn't even on. But, it is when he is sitting there watching it. It only happens for a few seconds, but, man that's freaky! I figure it is probably just wishful thinking.

15. ddsurfsca profile image68
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

One of my brothers married a practising witch.  she was not very bright, and one day she picked up a spell book that was completely in Latin, and she did not understand any of it.  For some reason she decided to say a spell, and said one at random and said it outloud.  Within minutes there were dogs with bright red eyes, and green skulls with melting skin flying through the house.  She took sage and salt and cleansed the house and got rid of those creatures. 
       Later that night, my other brother was babysitting the two kids, and he told the girl, about age 7 or 8 to go to bed.  She went to her room and when my brother turned off her light and said goodnight, she came running out of the room.  He scolded her and told her to go back to bed.  She did not want to, and said that she was scared.  He asked her what she was afraid of and she said that something in her closet was talking.  He went in there, and they looked in the closet, and her doll said something.  He reached up on the shelf, and told her, "Silly it is just your doll."
       It said something else as he held it, and the girl said, "but look at the back uncle bob, there are no batteries."  Sure enough, it was talking with no batteries.  He took it and threw it on the floor and stomped it to pieces and everyone felt better, and she went to sleep.

16. ladyjane1 profile image71
    ladyjane1posted 14 years ago

My sister used to live in this house that was kind of freaky. One night I was sleeping in her spare bedroom and I woke up because in the corner of the room I could hear strange noises, sounded like people talking like when people talk in tongues. I got the creepiest feeling and couldn't sleep after that. My sister told me next morning that they had some weird things happen in that house but that was the closest thing that I have come to anything that may be considered supernatural. My son said he had some freaky things happen after using a ouija board which I steer clear of.

17. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

Just recently-yesterday 2 January 2010- I was sleeping[or between sleep and wake] when I heard a knock on the door and my name called in a sing song voice. I answered and said I was coming to the door. The name used was not my birth name but the one I have used since high school. Nobody in the community where I live calls me by that name.They use my surname.

Anyhow,I jumped up,went to the front door and opened it. When I looked outside,nobody was there. There was no visitor at the apartment next door. I felt stupid so I asked my brother who was in the living room if he had heard anybody call my name. He had heard nothing. Since I am a teetotaler and had only water, it must have been the papaya! Anyhow,I warned myself to be careful as it is too early in the year to hear what nobody else is hearing.

18. Ghost Guide profile image60
    Ghost Guideposted 14 years ago

I absolutely believe in the paranormal, had so many experiences  you would not believe

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're absolutely right.

19. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Plenty of times: UFOs, ghosts, poltergeist activity and mind-over-matter.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Plenty of times?

Amazing! I belong to a rather small group of amateur astronomers, we are about 700 strong and spend a great deal of time outdoors at night looking up at the night sky.

Why don't we see the same things as you allegedly do, even once?

20. profile image0
    sarah dawkinsposted 14 years ago

I went to a paranormal group for a few months.  Got a glass to write on a table without a ouija board.  I got all sorts of answers to questions, but as I looked into it, saw the power of suggestion (in that class anyway). 

Now I prefer to let it happen naturally, when it is supposed to, without going looking for it.   It's amazing what is out there.

21. Greenheart profile image57
    Greenheartposted 14 years ago

Hi there.
    Once i saw a wolf's head in my parents living room.
    For a second or 2 but powerfully there.Fangs and all.
    No fear though.

22. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

I have...most of my childhood involved me and supernatural, paranormal events- some I have memories of others I don't
    I've written a hub on it as well

I even had dreams where I swear I was actually there for real (not very supernatural/paranormal)

It can happen

23. dogluver1 profile image59
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

Hmmmm

24. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago
  25. Happyontheinside profile image71
    Happyontheinsideposted 14 years ago

My friend is haunted. I've lived with her for three years as flatmates and I only ever notice wierd things when she is in the house. For example; stuff moves around, one time we found her toothbrush in the shower; doors open and close by themselves...We hear a lot of footsteps on the stairs when we are already all ini the house and the scariest one was when something kept taping a tune on the headboard of my bed. At first I thought I was going crazy - especially when the tv started going on and off by itself - but then we came to accept it. We call him ghostie and nowadays we keep him happy by talking to him when he wants attention. I't all good, I think he's pretty cool.

26. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

The strangest think happened to me only this morning. My wee man was levitating.

27. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

another one asking this question? wow there are a lot of them...okay all I am saying is I have hubs about this topic

28. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 14 years ago

Doors opening by themselves? That happened once, I was at my in-laws in Mexico, they had a huge mansion that they rented cheap because none of the locals would stay there. My husband and I didn't know anything about that until later after I told her what happened in the night. We were all sleeping, I'm a light sleeper. Someone turned the doorknob and opened the door but no one came in. I got up but saw no one -- my mother-in-law is crippled from polio, she can't move fast so it wasn't her. Anyway, I asked her the next morning who she had sent up to the room and why. She looked stunned and knowing and told us that everyone said the house is haunted because of a woman who had been brutally murdered there. She wasn't sure what to believe so she didn't tell us anything but that freaked her out a bit. I didn't FEEL anything though, just wondered who was opening the door.

29. ash.aw profile image58
    ash.awposted 14 years ago

is that true ?

1. TLMinut profile image60
      TLMinutposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who are you asking? Me? Yes, it's true. Happyontheinside? That would be strange to deal with, wouldn't it? Don't know what I would do if things like that happened around me.

30. Jewshavemorefun profile image60
    Jewshavemorefunposted 14 years ago

this is to carrieharper. you're not mental. no worries man, me and happyontheinside believe you, i am afore mentioned haunted flatmate.weird stuff happens all the time here. sometimes when i sleep i get sleep paralysis which is where you brain wakes up before your body does and you feel paralysed. the first time it happened i felt like something/someone was sitting on my chest and i was screaming til my chest hurt but no sound came out-my mum was next door and had no idea i was even asleep. theres been other reports like this (sometimes people see an old lady?) but i dunno if thats really paranormal or not.(im sure there's some sciencey stuff someone will be dying to throw in)however i do have almost daily dealings with our ghostie,which is more a pain sometimes than scary and certainly nothing like your experience, if you're really scared then happyontheinside thinks that you should try and contact a local spiritualist centre and talk to someone there.Also, we see black shadows around the house,not quite sure what they are though. So please don't think you are mental as we believe in it too so you're not the only one.In the meantime if you're too scared to sleep i suggest comedies. Films, tv, whatever...escapism!it'll take your mind away from it...that's how i deal with ghostie when he's being too much. hope it helps dude smile

1. jonathanacosta17 profile image60
      jonathanacosta17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

to jewshavemorefun: about sleep paralysis

in my country (phils.) we call that experience "bangungot" sometimes related to the bad dream that you can't wake up from.and is believed that you can die from it. and some really do die from it. try searching 'Marky Cielo' and 'Rico Yan' - medically, they will report that they died from 'acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis' but that just means they don't know the real cause of death. 

my experience was that i had a nightmare, then i woke up. but not totally. i mean i was awake but i couldn't move or open my eyes, like someone was holding me down. my heart was pounding so loud.

i could hear my mother talking to a friend nearby. i tried to move so i can signal to them. but no avail. after like forever, i was able to move, albeit a little - and inch my way to the edge of the sofa where i lay. when i fell and hit the floor i shouted, "Mom! Help! I'm having a...!" i was still on the sofa. i never fell.

1. Jewshavemorefun profile image60
        Jewshavemorefunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

to jonathonacosta17
        thanks for your reply on sleep paralysis. I looked up those people and read some of your hubs- all very interesting smile

I've had a similar experience as well where I thought I had fell on the floor but woke up in my bed.
        The other day actually I thought someone was blowing gently on my face, touching my arm and talking to me. I asked my flatmates if it had been one of them but no one had a clue what I was on about.

31. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

yes, I have encountered many , MANY paranormal things..it might just be the area I live in and part of my beliefs..I could tell , but some are unbelievable, most are friendly, but not all, and I have been dead 3 times and brought back..I have a paranormal hub about a mile radius around my home..and a place about 6 miles away..I have much more to add to it when I am off of bed rest and back on my feet, so to speak

32. cinnamongirlx profile image55
    cinnamongirlxposted 14 years ago

yes i have . when i was a child i saw a man standing beside my side of the bed . it scared me too death . he had a blank serious look on his face . i know now that it was my grandfather i was had seen . i never knew him in lif he died while before i was born . also my parents were driving down highway 70 one night , and the both saw something jump up on the side of the truck . it was werewolf looking , big , glowing yellow greenish eyes . it was very evil looking they said . it was only there for a second , but they both saw it . my parents are stable people who don't make things up . they and i are thinking that what they saw may have been a demon . it seems very similar to the bray road beast sightings in wisconsin , except this thing jumped up on a truck going 55 mphr , and then jumped off just like that .my parents also turned the truck around to look for the creature and didn't find a thing .

33. debbemack profile image60
    debbemackposted 14 years ago

All I can say is that I`ve had my experiences and if anybody wants to believe me thats up to them. All I know is that what happened and what still is happening is real. Plus does anyone know of anyone who has died and came back to life to tell actually what happens?

34. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I've written hubs about seeing ghosts, out of body experiences, a visit to Stull Cemetery and more.  Everything written is a personal account.

35. debbemack profile image60
    debbemackposted 14 years ago

Which hub of yours is about out of body experiences? I had one the day my daughter was born. Of course no one believed me, but the doctors did question how I knew what I did if I was unconscious for 3 minutes.

36. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

I had a paranormals until someone kicked me in them!  smile
    Sorry, just couldn't resist!

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never resist...

37. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

Ha ha ha ha... my whole life has been a paranormal experience!

38. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

For me, I'm pretty sure marriage was a paranormal experience.

39. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

my second marriage, I was abducted.

40. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

I have two aliens living in my closet. They are quarreling and hissing at each other every night. But when I try to open my closet they just pretend that they are my two cats and have nothing to do with all that noise!

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Home Girl, I have the same exact problem! Darn aliens pretending to be my cats! lol

41. xelizabethx profile image58
    xelizabethxposted 14 years ago

I have paranormal encounters every day.  My fiance died from kidney failure in December, 2009.  We were both only 20 years old, so he was way too young.  We were best friends until he found out he was dying at the end of November, 2009.  When he told me he was dying, he also told me that he was in love with me and the only thing he wanted to do before he died was to marry me, so we got engaged.  We were going to get married January 13th, 2010, but he died sooner than we expected.  He wrote me seven letters that I received in the mail once a week after he died.  He gave me the names of a lot of songs to listen to and all of the songs had the same basic point- "I will be watching over you and taking care of you."  He also said in a lot of the letters that he would never leave me and would always be here to listen to me and help me make it through life without him.  I hear him in my apartment all of the time.  He makes pounding sounds on the kitchen walls (he loved to cook).  I have held seances to see if I could actually get him to talk to me.  During the seance, I asked him some questions, and didn't get a response right away.  I begged him to find a way to talk to me, and right after that, my body froze up and I was stuck staring straight ahead at the chair that I left empty for him.  I couldn't even blink.  I was an emotional wreck at this time.  I was always depressed because of his death, but when this was happening to me, I felt totally calm and at peace.  Then I heard his voice.  It's kind of hard to explain.  I could physically hear it, but it sounded like it was coming from inside my head.  He told me a few things, said he had to go, my body jerked and I could move again.  Another time, I was struggling with pill-popping.  That is what caused my fiance's kidney failure.  I was trying to quit because I felt like I was being disrepspectful to him.  I was horribly sick with withdrawals and laying on the floor.  My withdrawals made me so weak that I felt like I HAD to use again, but I was too weak to even go get my pills.  I looked up at the ceiling right above where I was laying and saw a carving.  It was in the shape of a hand.  It looked like a hand reaching down to me.  I instantly remembered a line from the song "Tonight" by FM Static (one of the songs he told me to listen to.  "Tonight I've fallen and I can't get up.  I need your loving hands to come and pick me up.  And every night I miss you I can just look up and know the stars are holding you tonight".  I knew it was him trying to help me.  I've never been scared.  Having him around here is the most comforting thing ever.  He had insomnia, and now he pounds on the walls loudly all night.  I'm a light sleeper, but it doesn't keep me awake.  It's like a lullaby to me.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would think these two were related. You were popping pills and heard voices in your head.

The letters he wrote indicating he would be there for you was probably meant that he would be there for you in your memories, and nothing else.

1. xelizabethx profile image58
        xelizabethxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1. I was not pill-popping yet when I first started hearing him.
        2. We both believed in ghosts and he said before he died that he wanted to haunt me.
        3. After I posted that, I recorded the pounding noises, used an audio editer to slow down the noise and lower the pitch, and me plus several other people agreed that you can hear a man's voice saying "Lizzie" when he is the only person that has ever called me Lizzie in my whole life.

42. Falsor Wing profile image60
    Falsor Wingposted 14 years ago

I once accurately predicted word for word what someone across the room would say to the professor. Does this count?

"I don't think they know, they're just freshman."

Apparently even my ESP is totally worthless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)