Childhood memories of firsts, by Pamela.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (19 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 23 months ago

Please take some time to read this interesting response by Pamela.
    https://hubpages.com/literature/Childho … -of-Firsts

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 23 months ago

Hi Pamela!
    What an interesting account of your childhood memories, and of your younger days!
    This is a wonderful response to the word prompt, First. I especially enjoyed reading about the events at grammar school. Childhood memories are so precious. You reminded so many treasured ones of my younger days.
    Thank you for sharing. Have a great day.

3. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 23 months ago

Thank you so much for posting my article Chitrangada. I have more happy memories than bad ones, but I thought I would write about some that simply stood out. I am gad you enjoyed my grammar school memories. I am glad my memories reminded you of some of your early memories, and that you consider this a good response to Brenda's prompt.

4. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 23 months ago

That was an interesting account of your childhood memories of firsts. I can see why they stood out as firsts. Lovely narration and indeed a beautiful response to Brenda's prompt. I loved reading about each and every memory. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you, Chitrangada, for highlighting Pamela's work.

5. RozlinMohsin profile image59
    RozlinMohsinposted 23 months ago

Wonderful response to Brenda's word prompt, first, Pamela. This prompt took you back to your youth days. I enjoyed reading your article. Thank you for sharing your childhood memories of firsts.

6. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 23 months ago

Pamela, I loved reading about all these firsts in your life and the wonderful (and in some cases not so) precious memories the word prompt "first" invoked. Thank you.

Also thank you to Chitrangada for sharing the link for comments.

7. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 23 months ago

Pamela, I really enjoyed reading your response to the word prompt. "Roses are red......" I loved that part. Lol! smile

You've shared some wonderful memories of your childhood with us. Thank you very much for sharing. Much love!

Thank you so much, Chitra Di, for sharing Pamela's hub.

Blessings and Love to you both! smile

8. Gianella Labrador profile image83
    Gianella Labradorposted 23 months ago

Hi Pamela,

It's quite impressive at your age to still remember all of these memories with specific details!

Nice reminiscing memories that seem just yesterday.

We all have various stories when it comes to our 'firsts'.

I enjoyed reading your response to the prompt.

You wouldn't believe how bizarre youngsters nowadays do their year book, it can really get crazy and funny at times.

Thank you for sharing those wonderful memories with us Pamela!

Thank you also Chitrangada for sharing this on the discussions.

smile

9. vidsagster profile image85
    vidsagsterposted 23 months ago

Pamela, a wonderful response to the word prompt first. I enjoyed reading about the firsts of your younger days. Those memories are precious and I am sure you enjoyed recalling them too. Thanks Chitrangada for sharing.

10. Pamela99 profile image89

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your comments. It was fun to recall the good and the not so good memories. I had a good childhood over alll, and I enjoyed writing about my memories.

11. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 23 months ago

Pamela has shared some interesting memories. They triggered me to thing about my own childhood. Time is a fascinating phenomenon that still holds mysteries.

Thank you for sharing Pamela's article, Chitrangada. I enjoyed reading it.

12. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 23 months ago

Pamela...
    I enjoyed your article, " Childhood Memories of Firsts."

I loved getting a glimpse of your life in     

"Firsts In My Youth."
    I remember those days when ee didn't have cell phones & we lived the best we could...but my parents always made sure we had what we needed.

I didn't have my own bike until I was twelve...i had to use my older brothers.

In "Memories" you tell us about taking a train ride at the age of twelve.
    We didn't even have passenger trains where we lived, but I highly doubt I could travel alone.
    What a great experience.

It amazes me that people allow children to fly by themselves on airplanes.

In "Frustrating Events in Grammar School" you share with us some terrible events that you endured.
    I can't believe a teacher would act like that...I'm sure your hair wasn't that bad.
    I have naturally curly hair & it tends to go with the weather.

And that boy...he thought he was being cute, but it just shows how much he envied you.

They can be so cruel when they like you...such as you found out with that first kiss.

It sounds like you had several firsts...playing the clarinet & getting baptized.

In "Life Changes" you tell us about having to change schools because your family moved.
    Having to make new friends & doing chores. 
    The tactic you learned turned out well for you.

I think alot of children were  expected to babysit their brothers & sisters back in the day.

Getting a job at sixteen seemed to be the thing to do.
    I was taught to pay for the things i wanted with my own money.

I envy you for learning to sew clothes.  That sounds quite exciting.

And going to the school dances..your first one at 16 yrs of age is awesome.
    I loved being able to dress up for those dances.

I loved reading about some of your first while you were growing up.

I'm glad this word prompt back those wonderful memories...even the one from the boy who ended up bring your first kiss.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

13. Pamela99 profile image89

I am so gad you enjoyed my article of firsts Brenda. I agree that many children babysat, and we had responsibilities while growing up, which I think is a good thing. I was loved and we aways had enough to eat, etc.

In the trip to see my uncle my parents watched me get on the train and my uncle was there to get me off. There was no change of trains in the middle of the trip. I remember looking out the train window wondering why ir was going so slow!

It sounds like you were raised much like I was as you were taught to buy things with your own money also.

Thanks you for your nice comments about my article Brenda.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
      Brenda Arledgeposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Yes.  I think we were raised quite alike.
      My family was not well to do.  We had a tap at the local grocery, the dentist, and the doctor.
      We didn't have health insurance.
      We shared family time together...unlike families today.
      Getting a job and earning our own money was taught to us at an early age...i used to babysit long before i started my first job at 16.

Those were the good old days where children learned values.

14. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 23 months ago

Wonderful Pamela.Your little childhood memories nrought back my own memories.I loved the way you shared those intricate details which we all cherish.THanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing Pamela's work Chitrangada.

15. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 23 months ago

Very interesting and nice response, Pamela, to the word prompt "First" from Brenda.

I can associate some of those firsts with my own experiences during my childhood.

Thanks, Chitrangada, for sharing this article.

16. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 23 months ago

Pamela, your growing-up years sound somewhat like mine (we're about the same age, I think). So many of the things we did/were allowed to do as children would NEVER happen now. It shows how much life has changed. Thank you for sharing your memories with us.

17. Farah N Huq profile image82
    Farah N Huqposted 23 months ago

What a lovely recollection of first memories!      This reminded me of my own scrap book. Still have it. I always avoided playing spin the bottle haha. Loved reading about all your first memories.Stay blessed.

18. profile image59
    alexreynolds23posted 10 months ago

Thanks for telling me this. I'm very grateful for the information you've given https://quordle-wordle.com

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)