Will all poets of Hubpages post here to be known and followed?

Jump to Last Post 151-200 of 349 discussions (554 posts)
  1. kennynext profile image76
    kennynextposted 13 years ago

Hi  i have several poems posted on here and elsewhere. I have even recently started my own poetry web page. Have a great weekend everybody.

2. Fluffymetal profile image74
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I write poetry smile

3. ktarcus profile image73
    ktarcusposted 13 years ago

I have been posting poetry on here for quite some time

http://hubpages.com/hub/An-acrostic-was … -you-enter

4. JDove-Miller profile image76
    JDove-Millerposted 13 years ago

I have not started posting poetry yet, though I am a poet.  All my hubs have been prose up to now.  But, I'll post one now. jdove-miller

5. aware profile image68
    awareposted 13 years ago

I think everyone writes poetry .They just dont know it.

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

maybe everyone writes it in their head, but some never put it down on paper, more is the pity, it can be a safety valve.

6. Jaggedfrost profile image59
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

Every writer believes themselves a poet and gets the poetry bug.  Perfecting their voice and speaking with it often enough to make them curious to test the limits of their craft within that voice is another thing entirely.

1. Emily Hopkins profile image61
      Emily Hopkinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very true.  Poetry is a demanding art where a single word can turn the entire poem around. I think every writer is a bit doubtful of his/her voice, but part of writing is taking that leap into the unknown again and again.

7. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

I have poetry on my Hub pages and am planning and working on a Hub format to place more of my poems there.

dutchman1951

8. Gabriel Wilson profile image92
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 13 years ago

I write words,
    though sometimes dark_
    print to paper:
    leave my mind.
    For a while my thoughts
    are mine to find.
    Random meaning:
    not for me.
    The words I write
    are what I see.

9. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

Hi! I've just posted two of my poems. I will appreciate your advice.

10. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 13 years ago

I joined HubPages primarily to read and share poetry...
    I have found many wonderful poets here and enjoy sharing comments with those that visit my Hubs...
    My Hubs tend to have a philosophical bent, with a dash of dry humor... Larry

11. Vargtorna profile image57
    Vargtornaposted 13 years ago

Hello,

I've just started to post my poems, I've got one up at the moment and will be adding more.

12. Jaggedfrost profile image59

NOOOO, NOOOO, don't follow me!  I'm... I'm.... Heck what am I? lollol hmm a question I may never solve but I'm just not lovable hmmm ... I shouldn't have said that because now my nose won't let me leave my post at this computer grrr. 

"Lie me? never the truth is far too much fun!" - James T. Hook

13. Zac828 profile image61
    Zac828posted 13 years ago

In reply to you, I am a poet of sorts with a couple of competition 'almost-wins'! I love to read and write poetry, monologues, short stories and so forth.
    I've been away from hubpages for a while, but am now back, refreshed and ready to go. Look forward to hearing from you.

14. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 13 years ago

I really dont know what style of poetry I may fall under. I just write what I know and feel.

15. profile image53
    Anthonymeeks20posted 13 years ago

im new just signed up a few days ago. only one small hub but will generate a few in time. nice to meet you.wink

16. brightforyou profile image80
    brightforyouposted 13 years ago

Me too, please!

17. Alayne Fenasci profile image59
    Alayne Fenasciposted 13 years ago

*raises hand* Me, me! I'm a poet! big_smile

Not all of my hubs are on poetry, but maybe I should put more of them up. I do other kinds of writing too. Glad to see there are so many of us!

18. Steele Fields profile image68
    Steele Fieldsposted 13 years ago

I think one should be very careful of posting poetry here if they're hoping to have it published in other literary venues.  Most of the more highly regarded literary journals will not take previously published submissions, and they do consider a blog as "previously published."  Sadly, I think there are many worthy poets who will miss out on more lucrative publishing opportunities as a result of having published here.

19. Jaggedfrost profile image59

Why worry about past poems if one is a poet?  Life is rife with sources and material.  If you wish to publish elsewhere, no one here will repine.  Just write another verse for someone else.  This is a playground for those who write, seeing our doodles here as dollar signs missed out on seems a shame.  Publishing here suits me fine.

1. Steele Fields profile image68
      Steele Fieldsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not looking for money-- just credentials for other literary pursuits.

20. Evvi profile image61
    Evviposted 13 years ago

Surfeitt,
    I just began writing hubs and I always post a poem at the end of my hub!  I love poetry and hope that through here I can continue to improve daily smile
    -Evvi

21. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

Never thought I would ever write and and share a poem with others but I have and also surprised myself in the process - self-discovery! I love the process of writing poetry and sharing it with others and also love reading other hubbers' poems here at HP. There are some very inspiring poets here and it has been a pleasure to read and enjoy their words.

22. shimmering Dawn profile image70
    shimmering Dawnposted 13 years ago

I am no poet, just aspiring to be one..( very new here) my heart  bursts out in song sometimes that I write as a celebration of life..
    Loving life and living it in love, is poetry itself.. to make my life an enduring and endearing poem is my hope.  God Bless!

23. profile image54
    tlmntim9posted 13 years ago

surefiett
    I often publish new poetry as well as short stories, please come by for look and a read.
    Tim W
    Tlmntim9

24. minakay profile image66
    minakayposted 13 years ago

I prefer writing poems to writing articles. However, without any formal training in creative and poetic writing I guess my poems may seem monotonous and dry but please feel free to read and comment.

25. know one profile image59
    know oneposted 13 years ago

I'm quite new here too. Great place. I have posted a number of poems since arriving - short, dark, and not-very-sweet for the most part ;-) Can't wait to post the ones that don't even exist yet! The best part of writing poetry is that moment in time when your mind gives up its secrets...

I'm please to have a list of names to slowly work thru. :-)

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! what a great way of putting it... "The best part of writing poetry is that moment in time when your mind gives up it's secrets...  Beautiful!

26. OpticIllusions profile image73
    OpticIllusionsposted 13 years ago

Hey Know One

Recent Poet/ Hubber, recently wrote 3 let me know what you think of it!

27. Jaggedfrost profile image59

Can you extemp and if you can, let us see a bit of what you can do.

28. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I haven't had very much to say,
    In far too long a time

But then I don't really write poetry,
    I just vent in rhyme

29. The Demon Writer profile image60
    The Demon Writerposted 13 years ago

Read some of the poems on my hubs and tell me what you think:)
    By the way, I like your user-name:)

1. minakay profile image66
      minakayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

THANKS. I WILL.

30. Jaggedfrost profile image59

Kimberly that was a very salient way of introducing yourself.   Welcome Raven.

31. DREAM ON profile image82
    DREAM ONposted 13 years ago

I am a want to be poet and writer.I will keep trying to join the club.I try to see the bright side of everything.But I never know where my poems will go.

1. The Demon Writer profile image60
      The Demon Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To 'join the club' as you say, all you need to do is write poetry.

32. anderson213 profile image60
    anderson213posted 13 years ago

i have i think 12 poems in all everyones welcome to read lemme know what you think smile

33. screwevery1 profile image57
    screwevery1posted 13 years ago

hello S .... looks like this post has been around for awhile..... so i do not know if you are still following or not.... i write to express myself and/or a certain situation..... doctors say it may be helpfull in getting those feelings out..... but at any rate i know this is an old post//... so if you dont get back to me or nothing comes of this.... i will not be any more dissapointed in life than i already am.....

34. The Suburban Poet profile image83
    The Suburban Poetposted 13 years ago

I have around 100 poems/songs right here:

http://hubpages.com/profile/The+Suburban+Poet

35. Christopher Price profile image61
    Christopher Priceposted 13 years ago

I guess I write because I can...I write poetry because I must. I have published a varied selection here on hubpages and would love more readers and comments.
    CP

36. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I write poetry whenever I'm inspired.  I posted one of poems here in hubs a couple of weeks ago.  I got a few responses on the first day or two, and then that was it.  It is my lowest rated hub.  It's strange that I was just thinking of deleting it.  Will you please read it and see if I should post more poetry?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Passion-Exploded

Thank you.  I'm so glad I found this thread.

Rosie

37. shape_shifter profile image59
    shape_shifterposted 13 years ago

Surfeitt, here I am... more of a novellist/ song writer than poet, but just published a poem dedicated to my sister on hubpages, that's how I saw your forum... Wassail!  http://hubpages.com/hub/Two-Souls-One-Spirit thanks for reding! My novel is on here too, at chapter 10, so far, but it's finished, and will be for sale soon... will post link!

38. orioleorange profile image61
    orioleorangeposted 13 years ago

Hi, thanks for the offer.  I consider myself a poet; I'm listed at "Work of the Soul."

39. Docmo profile image90
    Docmoposted 13 years ago

A humble newbie, I have posted some poems over the past couple of weeks and am delighted with the reception from the hub community. Hope some of you visit too... I have had a couple published in small press journals..

40. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

lots of new poets i am working my way through them all.... such talent on hub pages

1. vector7 profile image60
      vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't be modest. wink

There's talent in this one...

smile

41. Jaggedfrost profile image59

You really think so?  Do you write such things yourself Joy?

42. Docmo profile image90
    Docmoposted 13 years ago

I first posted some of my earlier poems starting 3 weeks ago. I got so buzzed joining the hubpages community that it has re-invigorated my love of poetry and song. I have now been able to write three new poems ( including a Christmas song) over the past 3 weeks all thanks to the hubber's feedback and encouragement. Thank you, my friends! More support always appreciated.

43. Tony DeLorger profile image64
    Tony DeLorgerposted 13 years ago

I have been writing poetry for many years and have two published books. I have also written many hubs with poetry, which can be found on my hub. Links to a bookstore for purchasing books is in each poetry hub.

44. writinginalaska profile image82
    writinginalaskaposted 13 years ago

hello...    a good portion of my work is poetry so i hope you will enjoy my poems and become a follower.  smile  lvh

45. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

My poems are usually included in some of my hubs, although I do have one hub that is just poems (whispers of truth). My last poem posted was about fall.  smile

46. Casiefred profile image57
    Casiefredposted 13 years ago

I'm very new to this and am in the process of posting lots of writing!

47. brookeb profile image59
    brookebposted 13 years ago

I joined a couple of weeks ago, and I am just now trying to figure this whole "hub-thing" out.  I really started a hub to force myself to commit to writing my novel(s).  However, I have been writing poetry since I was a child.  So, I will post some poetry hubs later today. Merry Christmas!

48. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 13 years ago

I hope I am worthy of a read, a humble post from somewhere in time. http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Black-Rose-of-death

49. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago
  50. Emily Hopkins profile image61
    Emily Hopkinsposted 13 years ago

Hello poets and writers.  I just started on hubpages and never thought of it as a place for poetry, but it certainly is.  I'll start to post some of my own. (Unfortunately my keyboard is acting up...should make for some interesting writing and unnecessary editing!)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)