Is witnessing to unbelievers difficult for you? Or Not?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 79 discussions (362 posts)
  1. yolanda yvette profile image60
    yolanda yvetteposted 14 years ago

How are you at witnessing of Christ to your family, friends, neighbors and co-wokers who don't believe?

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, ever try to witness to a "believer".  I assure you that it is much more difficult. big_smile

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you delete this thread as you did with the other one minutes ago ? big_smile

3. carolegalassi profile image61
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a great question! As a new believer and on fire, I was better then. Now I'm sorry to say, I'm not as exuberant and wait for opportunities the Lord opens up. If I am prompted, I do put a word in but see how the conversation is going before I do.

yolanda yvetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is wisdom speaking.

4. carolegalassi profile image61
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is. You have to wait for the right time and proceed a little at a time, of course if the questions keep coming, it can be a great discussion.

5. Precious Pearl profile image75
      Precious Pearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is difficult especially when I am in my flesh.  It is challenging but not as difficult when I stay prayerful and rely upon Him to order my steps and give me the words.  Witnessing takes more than one form and we need to know when to speak and when to remain silent allowing God to do the work through us.

Thank you, Precious Pearl.

2. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

I agree that we need to know when to speak and when to remain silent. This comes fromn wisdom which comes from knowledge of God.

1. tantrum profile image61

So I see a lot of christians don't have any knowledge of God, as they speak, and very loud, when they should remain silent. We see this in everyday life all the time. From people preaching the word in public places to the door to door preaching asnd selling of the Bible. And what of mormons and JW ?!

6. ionerice profile image60
      ionericeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are 300 million people in the United States and around 266 million declare themselves to be Christians.  The other 34 million are Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhist, Atheists and Agnostics.  There are also very small religious groups that number in the few thousands.  The members of the mainstream well-known religious groups will never become a Christian because of engrained culture.  Most Atheists and Agnostics in this country were all once members of the fold and because of enlightenment and revelation that Christianity is a big fat lie will never return to the fold. 

Many of the non-believers in America are ex-ministers, Sunday school teachers and Evangelists.  They have written many articles and published many books against Christianity.  So it does not matter how one lives or what’s said, the only reason for an individual to become a Christian is that they aren’t familiar with it’s doctrine and dogma. However, it’s quite possible to minister to a person that has strayed away from the fold that isn’t students of enlightenment. 

P.S.  the world population of 6 billion and only 2 billion are Christians.

1. profile image0

When people declare themselves something, it doesn't make it so. It is easy to say I am this or I am that. Lies are too easily told.

There will always be those who go against the grain just as there will be those who go against truth. Many are rebellious and they use a multitude of excuses to justify their rebellion.

They will not become believers in Christ because of the hardness of their hearts. It has nothing to do with how they were raised.

Prove that it is a lie. You cannot do it. You think it might be a lie, so you say it is a lie. I recall reading about followerrs of Islam converting to be followers of Christ. Try and explain that away of you can.   

Many books have been written trying to "kill" Jesus. Many lies have been formulated against Him, but He still lives no matter what they say or do.

The word dogma is thrown around a lot in these forums. It is used to try and make believers look bad. It in fact means to adhere to strict principles. I am dogmatic in how I view the Bible as being the Word of God, whether you believe it or not. I could say that you are dogmatic about you view the same Word of God. You are against it.

7. ionerice profile image60
      ionericeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to the words of Yeshua no one can come to him unless they are brought by his father, God.  Therefore it matters not how you minister to others, if it’s not Gods will for them to come to Yeshua, they won’t come and you are just wasting your time.

2. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

here we go again... sad

Sigh.... yes !! sad

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey thats the best looking pic of you Ive seen !

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Hopefully my deeds speak of who influences my heart.

and that is all- Important to you and no one else. If some 'believers' would understand that,it wouuld be easier to understand them.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said as usual!

2. yolanda yvette profile image60

That's where it counts the most.

4. yolanda yvette profile image60

I agree, sneakorocksolid.

5. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

an unbeliever that does not want to believe does not hear.
    Ya gotta show him/her something he wants to have.   and if he/her caint see anything that they wants ta have; whos fault is that.
    And if they are listening to their heart???   Who is to say who is closest to what counts???  But I Dont know nothing except what I see.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true.  You will never convert an unbeliever by telling them what they should believe.  You have to show them the benefits of living a Christian life, and they can only do that by watching your behaviour.  That's why "witnessing" on these forums is a complete waste of time.

1. Margie01 profile image61
        Margie01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you think that sharing life experiences can help others?

1. Jerami profile image60
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sure do.  but when they start rolling their eyes we might shorten the story. I do that all the time when I'm telling the wife how My day went.

LOL; good one..

lol I do that do when hubby hits the repeat version..hehe

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

No not really, because when a Christian shares life experiences, the listener doesn't know whether they're being truthful, or whether they're being impartial, or whether their beliefs are influencing their interpretation of the facts.

3. yolanda yvette profile image60

They sure can.

Marisa Wright, I agree with that.

That is, I agree with the first part of your comment where you say 'you will never convert an unbeliever by telling them what they should believe.'

But the very last line of your statement, I disagree with.  I believe that some have come to the saving grace of God through these knids of forums, therefore it is not a waste to witness here.

3. LondonGirl profile image79
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too true. They will probably go home and moan to the wife / parents / flatmates that some bible-basher was in their face all day.

Witnessing is never a waste of time.  It's a matter of how you go about it.

6. earnestshub profile image78
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I find that un believers often have an extensive knowledge of religion, I do not see the same open mindedness in many religionists. Quoting scripture to deny science they have never read in many cases. smile

I believe science and religion are all intertwined.

Science and religion are intertwined, whether people believe it or not.

2. sooner than later profile image59
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure that is the case at all. I know many "religionists" who don't have extensive religious knowledge. They are the most dangerous to the "cause" because they are ignorant. Now, un believers as you put it- usually have enough knowledge to argue against the most "absurd" books(Genesis, Exidus and so on). but then, un believers dismiss scientific and archeoligical discoveries that support the biblical "fairy tales". Thats why a believer should be scripturally literate.

It is presumptous to say that unbelievers often have an extensive knowledge of religion.  Believers do not necessarily have an extensive knowledge of religion.  Some do.  Perhaps, many.  And the reason they probably do is because they are SEEKING for TRUTH.  But in all their seeking, they are not finding.  It is in Jesus alone that we find Truth.

And anyone can be closed-minded.  Religious or not. But when a Christian is truly convinced that God's Word is the highest authority over everything, and when he/she refuses to be swayed in any other direction, that does not mean they are closed-minded.  They have simply accepted THE TRUTH.

1. UpHisAss profile image59
        UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

Very well said. I like this. Good job. They are not closed-minded - they are RIGHT.

Well done. This should persuade a few over to MY church. Thank you.

1. atomswifey profile image58
          atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark why incognito?

No one is right except God.  The God of Heaven, I mean, not your god.

These are the ones who come in here with no other reason than to be rude
            They are not looking for any answers or discussion just to argue like little kids

Amen.

2. UpHisAss profile image59

big_smile

2. earnestshub profile image78
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No it means they have been indoctrinated.
        No one is going to believe based on the contents of that book from reading it alone! It is a total nonsense to take the bible literally in any way! smile

is that you answering the question of the topic earnest? You really interested in Christian witnessing?

No, it is total nonsense to not take the Bible literal.  Man in his own wisdom is actually foolish when He denies The True God exists.  Get it?

1. earnestshub profile image78

No I do not "get it" The biblical nonsense is easy to see once you are no longer a part of it. smile

3. Robin Layne profile image72
          Robin Layneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did. That was how I became a Christian, by reading the Bible on my own, between the ages of 8 and 12. I knew I was a believer before I ever stepped into a church. The church helped support me by letting me be the me that God had made me. And I even had parents who told me not to take the Bible literally. The Bible drew me with a power I felt was like magic. It still does. I know it doesn't affect everyone this way, but I get so much out of it I gladly read it almost every day.

Without a chrisian family? Without any influences? I doubt it. No child of that age should be indoctrinated, and I just know you were. Where did the bible come from that you read for example? smile

1. Robin Layne profile image72
              Robin Layneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can doubt if you want, but I know my own life. My family were not Christians, they were followers of Edgar Cayce the psychic. There were a couple Bibles in the house. One day when I was having a "temper tantrum," my mother picked one of them up in desperation and said, "Here. Read it. Just read it. Open it up to any page." Shocked out of my fit, I opened it. It was somebody's geneology. But after that, I began reading it whenever I was upset, and found that it comforted me in a way my family could not do. I gradually fell in love with God. It led me not toward the beliefs of the mother who had suggested I read it that one time, but away from them. I came to trust the Bible based on what I read in it, against the outside influences of my family. No Christian witnessed to me (it occurs to me that may be one reason I have such trouble witnessing to others; I never experienced being a "witnessee").
              When I finally did begin attending a church on my own, it was my trust in the Bible that led me to accept the idea that Jesus is the only way to God, a belief very different from my family's to this day, but very clear in the Word of God. One night at church, the organist showed me scripture after scripture that made that clear. If it hadn't been in the scriptures, I would not have believed it. That was when I decided to be baptized, separating myself from my family's religion entirely. I had heard that it was at the point of baptism that people in non-Christian countries begin to be persecuted. The line was drawn in the sand. I went into the water to confirm whose side I was on. And yes, my family did persecute me, mostly my brother. It wasn't easy, especially in those old days. But it was always worth it. It was pure joy following Christ in the beginning. I've been through very hard times on and off since then (I'm 49 now), and even one falling away from the faith, but God has never let go of me. He was patient with me and brought me back when I didn't know how to trust or what to believe anymore.
              When God uses people to influence them toward Christ, ideally it's not indoctrination (anthough there's nothing wrong with doctrine; it's just a set of beliefs, but unfortunately people argue over it 'till the cows come home) but compassion and support. That was one thing God used to get me out of that pit. And it was a sad, horrible pit to be in. I partly know why it happened, and I feel more secure knowing He will not abandon me even if I abandon Him.

7. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Thanks Kiwi smile

1. LondonGirl profile image79

Agree, very nice! All twinkly round the eyes.

1. Misha profile image65
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Amanda smile

8. Jerami profile image60

I gotta see a boat before I'm  goina jumb off the dock at it with suitcase in hand. When I squint my eyes and tilt my head just right I can see it through the fog of religiousity. I'm goina go for it, might as well I hear angry indians coming.

So i'm confused.  We all live our days with Faith; we believe we are going to breath the air that sustains our lives...we can't see the air but we know it's there...

I was talking about making that jump of faith when we are not quite sure. THEN maybe we should squint our eyes and turn our neck in whatever direction that might help.  And if ya hear the angry indians might as well go for it.  If you see the boat ya don't have to squint.

Well said.

The 11th hour is a gamble smile

So is every day lived without Christ.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Depends how you mean witnessing?

But in answer to your OP ,No I dont find it hard.

And Ive had many humorous situations too.

Most recent one, was when we first arrived in the states we stayed for a few days at this Economy Lodge ,huge place , 6 floors , many rooms. Anyway it was the night of the Superbowl, and I ran next door to get some food from Macdonalds, this pretty girl looked cold n hungry and we got talking.
    She was from Chicago so I gabbled asking her about all kinds of things ,from isnt that where Pres. Obama is  from ?,what made you come South and hey ya wanna come get a burger with me?.
    She said I sounded cute (accent thing) and something about me being a trip, dunno think that meant I was ok ,anyway we ate walkin back and then I said , My hubbies hometeam the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing, so I better get back inside.
    Come on in, management wont know you aint staying here.

She said man , you know Im a hooker right ? No lol
    I just saw you cold n hungry ...

Thats it for me really, ok I was naive but Charlene was lovely and it cost me $2, and a weird look from the man on the door ,but if Charlene ever thinks of me , I think she would just remember a stranger that was kind to her..and if that gives her comfort that to me is 'witness' smile

1. A_to_J profile image61
      A_to_Jposted 14 years agoin reply to this

can I ask you something eagle?
      Can an unbeliever do a good deed?
      earnest doesn't believe from what I can tell and yet he said he has been lucky in life to have done such a thing.

How is that a witness for God then?
      Showing our kindness, being thoughtful, loving, having compassion are not traits that only believers have. So what then set you apart from anyone else or your beliefs apart from that of lets say earnest? Where did God or his son come into that good deed?

Jesus himself said "it is better to cut your hand off if it causes you to sin, or pluck out your eye as it is better for a man to enter heaven with one eye or hand as to enter hell with both." Was he not being a loving or caring witness for himself when he said that?

I do not get where your actual witness came into that example you gave is all. Who is it that you were witnessing for? I guess is my real question. Even though I think you answered it at the end by saying "I think she would just remember a stranger that was kind to her.."

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Yes an unbeleiver can do good ,and they do ,everyday

I look at it this way
        A believer by his (new) nature cannot help be a witness.
        My act of kindness is a witness to the one who enables me to be kind.
        I give him credit, not myself ,so the glory is His.
        If on the other hand I did not give God cedit, my actions would still be one of kindness and one of the attributes of Christ, whether I beleived it was or not.

One person sows, another gathers smile but every act is relevant.
        And every circumstance is different.

For example my 18 yr old son is very direct ( as 18 yr olds tend to be) and challenges me often on Christianity , Socialism, Capitilsm and more recently Communisim.

I dont have all the answers ,but part of being a good witness is allowing people to think for themselves, and form their own choices in life.

One day my witness to him will be remembered, and the next person to walk into his life will have some other quality to pass onto him.

Look at it from the other perspective , if from day one you had over-controlling parents , maybe strict and closed-minded and insisted that everything  you listened too, viewed , taught at school would be heavily controlled , then throw into that family dysfunction , the witness has been pretty well screwed , right? 2,5,10, yrs down the track , the first person you hear tell you , God is Love , well I know what Id say ,and it wouldnt be oh wow thankyou!....

I understand about choices and please do not misunderstand me, I was not criticizing you or anything.
          You told the story and illustrated what went on in conversation.

So I guess, I must have missed something.
          In that you said, she asked you if you knew she was a hooker. You said, she just looked hungry and cold.
          Did I miss where you explained to her about God and it was because He is in your life that you did what you did?
          In other words, I didn't see where you talked to her about God at all, maybe you did, I just didn't get that from what you said, you never mentioned him when recanting your story.

so again, forgive my confusion about it. But I will say, giving God the glory about you being kind and loving through an action or good deed afterwards in prayer or thought to God is not the same thing as giving God the glory to them when they ask why you are doing the good deed. If you get my point there.

Again, maybe I am missing something or more to your story about all of that and if I am I apologize. I just am a curious person who thinks things through and observes details like that.

No you didnt miss anything and the best thing is neither did God wink
            Witnessing to me is not just words, and on that occassion no I did not verbally say Im doing this because God enabled me too.
            But thats what I meant when I explained the parable of the sower. In that instance Charlene needed food ( and maybe just a friend with genuine benefits) lol, Gods word became 'action',but like I said every situation is different.
            I dont consciously plan out how to actively evangelise ,wouldnt feel natural for me at all.

I am glad you are a thinker ,nice to meet you smile

nice to meet you too smile

yes I get your point, I guess I just tend to question that, what if that was the last conversation Charlene had with anyone?
              Her last chance or opportunity to hear about Christ.
              Thats why I think it is important to share the message. God provided the opportunity, he laid it on your heart to buy her the hamburger. He put the two of you in the right place and under the right circumstances to have that conversation.
              You felt comfortable enough to have a "worldly conversation" with her, but not one about Christ or salvation. Thats what I mean.

And again, this is not meant to hurt your feelings about it or convict you of anything. It is just meant to point out what I believe in witnessing, and why I feel it is important to share the message. You can share it any number of ways without making someone feel bad or worse about themselves. It can be shared through sharing your personal experience etc.
              But it is important to share the message don't you think?

If you feel peace in your spirit about it all, fine. And again, I am not condemning your actions or your beliefs on it. Just sharing with you and others what I believe. smile

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I don't preach but the offers on the table to help someone if I can. I will take off the gloves and go after someone I think is being abusive to a believer thats trying to make an effort but doesn't know the audience. Some believers are so sure, in a nice way, that they just might find the point that makes the difference.

11. earnestshub profile image78

As a non believer, I applaud you. That is the sort of "witnessing" I enjoy hearing about.
    I have done the same at every opportunity in my lucky life, I just like doing it, as I see it that is enough reason. smile

Thanks Earnest , and I do acknowlege that good people do good things no matter what their veiws are on God wink

1. VioletSun profile image80
        VioletSunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto to what Earnest said! Reading your post made my heart open. smile

That is a loving thing to say! You know what I mean don't you?

I am the fool who stops and helps everyone I see who needs it. Done it all my life. I have copped more flack than you would believe from some for being like I am, but I have never considered changing. My life is always good, why spoil it by becoming selfish. smile
          Those who stand by and do not help usually offer attitude instead. smile

1. VioletSun profile image80
            VioletSunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do understand exactly where you are coming from, so enjoy your posts.  My mate gets a lot of flack for not being into religion, or made up stories about spirituality, as he is very direct, lol, and yet he is a kind and spiritual man.

It is the spirit that counts I think. Your man sounds like someone who deserves you! smile

12. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Jerami lol what a lovely analogy you gave.

But God doesnt want you to make any decision out of fear, but with a sound mind.

He is patient and loving , he will wait wink til you understand.

God has given us today; we are not promised tomorrow and I think he is looking for us to make our decisions sooner than later.

Waiting my be to late; besides what are people waiting for?  Are they afraid they can't have "fun" if they turn their lives over to him?

No but my point was God is patient and understanding ( remembers that we are dust)
        To love out of fear is not love at all.

No, the reason is simple. Many see no evidence of a god, and do not believe in one. smile
        They do not need "enlightenment" from a god to live a happy and full life. smile

Without God as the head in one's life, there can be no true happiness and there will be no full life.  Life is in Him.  Man was created by Him, in His image.  He has a plan for every man's life.  He created man for relationship with Himself first and foremost.  And He has given to everyone a call upon the earth.  If you are living outside of fellowship with God, thus outside of His will for your life, how can you really know what it is to LIVE?

So you are saying that I can't find true happiness? And that i don't know what life is ? yikes I find your words really offensive. And I think you don't know nothing about life. If you did, you would know that there is LIFE out there, and It's not necessary to believe in God to be a happy person. You are very short minded, and that's a pitty! It's imppossible to debate with you when your mind is closed to knowledge sad

This one does not have a closed mind. Merely the TRUTH. And you are not really ALIVE unless you believe what we believe. She is another one working for me and does not know it.

Keep going jolanda - eventually you will get it across that you are not closed-minded - you are just RIGHT.

lol So I'm dead ? well good for me ! I don't have to worry about it then. And I'm eternal ,as I've just entered eternity. thank you for opening my eyes ! big_smile

People want to keep living life their own way.  They know they will have to give up things.  We all know what things are in our lives, at least for the most part, that are not right.  It is easier to say 'I don't believe in God', rather than have to face the possibilty of not being able to do whatever we want.

The Bible makes it clear that every person, through God's creation, knows that He exists.  But they do not want to relinquish sin.

1. blue dog profile image61
          blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

would the three women in the "men's club only" thread be considered sin or love?

No tomorrow is promised to no one.  We have to choose today who we will serve.  Tomorrow may come, but maybe not for you.

13. Jerami profile image60

when I spank my grand kids to get them to give me a kiss, It just don't feel the same

Why ya gotta spank them?

Just kidding
        I don't    never needed to    they are good kids

2. Jerami profile image60

In business they say just build it and they will come.

With children .. If ya just love them they will sit next to ya if they want to

14. earnestshub profile image78

I have not seen many "non believers" who are concerned with the biblical historical archeology one way or the other.

1. sooner than later profile image59

Do you mean they are non biased or they do not concern themselves with extraordinary evidence?

Extraordinary evidence ? yikes  Where ?

1. quietnessandtrust profile image61
          quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are suppose to be talking about your witnessing tantrum.

what whitnessing ? I've never been on trial ! lol

Oh thats an awesome idea -Mock court in the Forums lol

2. sooner than later profile image59

I like you Tantrum, you bait a little, you jab here and there... but you did look up my Jesuit Oath(scary btw). So, I am going to trust that you will look these two up.

1. A Mr. Wyatt found and filmed egyptian chariot wheels in the red sea.
          2. Walter Veith(professor) photographed hieroglyphs 7 fat and 7 skinny cows in egypt.

I have more, but that is very interesting.

O.K. I will look that up .just give 20 min. I'm in the middle of something just now. I'll come back later smile

He is witnessing to the JW's at his door. lol lol big_smile

No JW at my door. Only HF lol lol

1- charriot wheels- So ? egyptcians had an army and they use charriots. Doesn't mean there was an exodus. It means there was a war, maybe.
              2- Professor Walter Veith. R U joking ?? He's an adventist. I don't believe in fanatics. I couldn't find anything about the cows. Anyway I wouldn't believe it.

Bible < Symbols, legends, analogies. First written in aramee, then in greek, then in latin, then in other languages as english, german spanish, etc.
              In different ages, translated to fit the Church, or the Pope. If you read The torah and the Bible you'll see a lot of differences between them.  So I don't believe. Anyway I think Revelations is a masterpiece. I like it very much!

I like revelations very much as well.
                I know the egyptians had chariots- they weren't having a water fight? Now the same wheels are all the way over on the other side of the sea. As discovered by Saudi's after mr wyatts discovery. this is incredible evidence of exidus, and so are many egyptian accounts that you won't find posted in National Geographic.

At least you looked it up.

2. Make  Money profile image67
            Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Someone mentioned that it is harder to witness to believers than to non-believers, which I am starting to understand.  You might want to read this sooner than later.
            http://www.geocities.com/okc_catholic/a … _oath.html

I read that already. I'm fed up with this kind of crap.

1. Make  Money profile image67
                Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah so am I tantrum.  I see stuff like this just about on a daily basis.

2. quietnessandtrust profile image61

I hate font size 1.3579....sheeeeesh mad

15. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

When someone tells you they see GOD in you...you have been a witness.

Being one in word and deed is a true test. smile

16. yolanda yvette profile image60

Good answer.

17. earnestshub profile image78

To what???

18. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@sooner than later

Crossing the Red Sea there were other tribes that had charriots as well. That's not evidence.
    And what about the 'Professor'?? nothing to say?
    You don't have any evidence. Only that Egyptians existed in the area as well as other semitic tribes.

I don't know if you are suggesting the chariots are an example of ship wrecks or what? They are in the sea, and they are egyptian.

the professor and I are good friends. I have alot of things to say about him.

You can begin then.

About the charriots being in the sea. Lots of things are in all the seas.Things move, sometimes due to earthquakes for example. Time also move things.

19. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

It's not about the font size, at least not with me.

20. A_to_J profile image61
    A_to_Jposted 14 years ago

I think there are many ways we witness and share Gods love. But there is a big difference in showing how we love others and showing how God loves others.

The important one I think above our own, though through it, is to show how God loves. smile

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow I actually almost agree with you on something. Actually I agree with you alot on the end goal that is, maybe not the methods though. When are you going to gather all this up in a hub for people to read?

I will and have been so completely tied up with work, and these forums! LOL

I am addicted smile

But I have been working on one should be ready soon. and thank you scott for this. Love ya man ((tear))
        lol

1. profile image0
          Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Forums are addictive...and hurting my writing, think I'll need to detox for a few days.

LOL I second that

** hello, my name is ________ and I am a forum addict...And the crowd says hello ________ and welcome**
            LOL

21. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Define witnessing.  Evangelism is, from what I've learned, not my strongest spiritual gift (it's somewhere in the middle.)  Usually when I talk to my friends about it, I make sure that 1.  They want to hear about, and 2.  I talk about the Godhead's impact on my life.

I never witness to people by telling them how if they accept Christ, they'll be happy; flowers will grow, bunnies will hop, and everyone will join hands and sing Kumbaya.

Amen to this!
      God never said we would live a problem free life. Look at what the disciples went through!
      All of them were killed because of their witness and testimony about Jesus. Most had nothing to live on except faith. MOst were ridiculed and mocked forced out of towns. God provided for them, but most lived very modestly, some went without eating for lack of food etc. I would call those problems.

I think in witnessing for God we need to share the most important message there is, that Christ, God loved them so very much he died for their sins, he made a way for all of us to live with him for all of eternity.
      Wrapped up in perfect blanket of love for all of eternity. How great is that?!! And how much of a greater witness is that to share with anyone?

**Getting down off that soap box again**
      says to the crowd,.. "but its true!" lol
      smile love ya!

Yes . Hypocritical though it may be, the honest believer in Satan will win out over the false witnessing to those who are not interested in your self aggrandizing and false witnessing. They can tell and feel the difference.

Thank you so much.

Love ya????????????

22. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

My oldest sister is a Jehovah's Witness. She does live in Scotland so I very rarely see her. Thankfully, she never discusses religion with any of us...

My brother inlaw is a JW, he never shuts up about it! smile

How very tedious!

It is very tedious. He knows my beliefs, (which I never mention,) yet he continues to do his "witnessing" to me on the phone even!
          He has divided a once very close sibling away from the family. No one wants to visit my sister any more.

Is she a JW, too?

Not noticeably, she keeps her thoughts on religion to herself, but she is not happy with his constant references to it.
              They have been pretty happily married for 40 years, the last few with this religious belief causing separation from some of the family.
              My sister is the type who will not divorce, she is trying to build a life of her own. .... again! smile

23. yolanda yvette profile image60

satan has people blinded to THE TRUTH.  Bottom line.

24. Jerami profile image60

and the dragon cast out of his mouth a flood of water (LIES) and the earth swallowed it up

25. yolanda yvette profile image60

Right on, Jerami.

26. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't "witness" anything to anyone, and I'm not having anyone else "witnessing" anything to me.  lol  (and my remark does not necessarily mean that I'm a non-believer).

This forum question pertains to that of the Christian witnessing to non-Christians.  That is what I meant by the question I posted.  I'm not referring to JW's or any kind of religious group or anything pertaining to any other religion.

And witnessing to someone is not always done by knocking on doors or even talking about God, i.e., Jesus (for those who need specifics).  We witness to the world through our liefstyles, which won't be perfect, but will reflect Christ if we really belong to Him.

By the way, Lisa HW, if Jesus is not your Saviour, you are a non-believer.  Just thought I'd clarify that for you.

27. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I'm not a "Christian" I call myself a non demonational person - but I have God and he is all I need - that is how I witness to people

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not difficult for me at all - I enjoy telling people to talk to God

Do people enjoy being told?

Which God are you telling people to talk to?

If you are not a Christian, you do not have God.  At least, not The God who is Father to Jesus.  And He is the only God I was referring to when I posted the question, "Is witnessing to unbelievers difficult for you?  Or not?"

28. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

I try my best to allow unbelievers and even believers see who I am by my daily living. Allow them to see my actions.
    Allow them to be able to believe what I may say/share in words or by my life that they can believe in God and His word. If I am truly showing God in all aspects of my life, then a witness is already there. I do not have to "tell" someone...God is "allowed" to use me for His purpose.
    To witness for God is made harder by not being true to the one you are witnessing about. Remember...it is about Him, not you.

Good points.

29. quietnessandtrust profile image61

If it is lawful in a society to have many wives, the man had better treat them as wives and love them and cherish them and support them all the same or he is no man at all.

i asked whether they would be considered sin or love, not whether it was lawful.  or not.

It should be considered a 'swing'

Women are not "for the taking"...you must marry them or it is wrong.

30. atomswifey profile image58
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

Marisa wrote : Very true.  You will never convert an unbeliever by telling them what they should believe.  You have to show them the benefits of living a Christian life, and they can only do that by watching your behaviour.  That's why "witnessing" on these forums is a complete waste of time.

You do not convert an unbeliever by allowing them to see how "perfect" your imperfect life is.

What are the "benefits" of living a christian life?
    Are we happy all the time?
    Do we never have problems?

There are two problems I see with witnessing only through them "seeing" the example of our lives.
    1) is you are not demonstrating the true importance of believing in Christ. You are not sharing WHY they need Christ. They do not need Christ so that all their problems go away. They need Christ for the redemption of their sin.
    Why did Jesus do what He did? Why did He suffer so much pain and agony? So that we could reap the benefits of living a great Christian life here on earth? no right? He did all that so that we could be saved. Because he loved us so much He wanted for us to live with Him forever!
       Did the disciples live a care free life here on earth? No, they would sometimes go days without eating, giving away their earthly possessions and witnessing they lived rather modestly to say the least. And were under constant persecution. How did they die? They were martyred. Not such great "benefits" there right?

How many witnesses (missionaries) are martyred and persecuted even today for their witness? Not at all the great benefits at least in terms of earthly benefits for them either. How many of us are persecuted and mocked? Again not such a great way to live all the time.

Jesus said, "I come not into this world to bring peace but a sword." Why did He say that? Because He knew as people witnessed for him, gave their lives to Him they would be persecuted. Thus bringing division and the need for the sword (the word of God).

and

2). Not all we witness to are going to "see" our lives and how we live them.
    We are to spread the gospel to everyone.
    If this makes someone feel uncomfortable I would ask that someone then to search their heart and seek God as to why it does.
    We should not be ashamed of our faith. Not be ashamed of the gospel.

Now this doesn't mean we go out and tell people they are dying and going to hell. We let the Word of God do its job and let the spirit of God move to illustrate the importance of salvation. We can as well tell of our own personal salvation story.

And thats what I believe anyway. smile But if anyone has a question on HOW we are to witness I would direct them to the Word. Look at how Jesus taught, look at how the disciples witnessed after Jesus. Some good "examples" I think there and much better ones than our own lives.

31. earnestshub profile image78

I can think of hundreds of reasons for you to be ashamed of your beliefs. smile

32. yolanda yvette profile image60

Ashamed?

Yes ashamed. Ashamed of the narrow minded exclusive belief she has espoused here. It has alienated all but the fundamentalist. smile

SHE didn't make the rules.  The God that you deny made the rules.

OK then she should be ashamed to state rules from a discredited source that no two religionists can agree on anyway.

From one book you take hundreds of religions, yet you are all right, and prepared to fight each other over it.
          You don't need any help to make the whole thing look as dumb as it is. smile

All I know is this, the fool has said in his heart that God does not exist.  How can you prove that God(Jesue) does not exist?  You cannot.  You will not.  I don't care how much you babble.

No need to babble, I'll leave that to you. There is now and has been for some time sufficient evidence to place religion where it belongs. Mythology. smile

Why continue to reply to him then? Show some wisdom and ignore him.

Why are you replying to me?  Show some wisdom.

Proverbs 23:9
                  Don't waste your breath on fools, for they will despise the wisest advice.

I took the advise from that verse.

I understand.  Sorry for my comment.  It's just that I got tired of keeping quiet.  So I started expressing my thoughts.

Where isthe wisdom ? yikes I don't see any  from those replies big_smile

33. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Swinging missionaries. Now there's a novel concept big_smile.
    Might have better luck with some of the more recalcitrant sinners, eh?

Hell of swinging parties among them, I'm sure ! big_smile

Oh God, look who entered the room.  I thought you were tired of this subject?

34. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

One of the most serious difficulties that human beings have to deal with is righteousness. Wanting to be "right" has been the cause of more death and bloodshed over the centuries than almost anything else. By wanting to "witness" and "save" others you are ipso facto taking a righteous stance.
    Can't you just leave everyone else alone? You believe whatever you want, and leave others to do the same.

Impossible when a christian is an addict to copy and pasting Bible quotes

Well, how about you.  You seem to be addicted to getting in on forums designed for Christians so you can put 'em down.

If I can put someone down it's because he/ she lets me.  Don't pay attention to me. Just go your way.

I don't even know why you are here.  I posted this question to people who are Christians (who have accepted Christ as their Saviour).  Those are the people I asked about witnessing to unbelievers (those who are not Christians).  Not people who want to sit here and debate about this religion or that.  Who cares.  If the question does not pertain to you, why contribute with comments no one asked you for.

because this is a free forum and I do as I like. and I like to comment wether you like it or not.

2. blue dog profile image61

then put a lock on the front gate.

2. atomswifey profile image58

It is Christs love for you that we are in this world as witnesses. If you personally wish to be left alone about it, that's cool. It is your choice.

But there is more than just you on this forum reading. smile

Because a Christian wants to witness of the saving grace of Christ doesn't mean that that person is wanting to be "right", nor trying to be right, nor that they are thinking they are more righteous than the next person. 

But when you know the truth for yourself, you can't help but share it.  Even at the expense of being misunderstood, ridiculed and rejected. Or worse. 

And I, personally, do not attempt to sway any one to believe on Jesus, as I do.  When and if the opportunity presents itself for me to share Gospel, I do so.  And I will continue to do so.  And what the next person does with the information is totally up to them.

And if you wanted to be left alone, you should've never made your way into this forum.

Those sentences appear mutually contradictory, to me.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

It quite possibly is a personal problem for you. BUt the two sentences don't make sense together, there appears to be a logic error.

they're quite contradictory big_smile

You make me laugh.

Glad to make you laugh big_smile

But don't you think this is contradictory ?

'And I, personally, do not attempt to sway any one to believe on Jesus, as I do.  When and if the opportunity presents itself for me to share Gospel, I do so'
                  yikes  Pleaseeee!!! lol

What is contradictory about it?

2. sannyasinman profile image61
        sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The problem is that you don’t stop at simply professing your faith. I have been approached in restaurants, in the street, and many times at my door by Jehovah's Witnesses whose sole interest is in "saving" me by converting me.

I don't need saving or converting. I am quite capable of finding my own path and having my own relationship with God.

This is what I meant by "leaving me alone". I have tried (and I continue to do so, thus my participation here) to make witnessers understand this. I don't need you or anyone else to "save" me. Nor do I feel the need to stop people in the street and try to persuade them that my way is the only way, as you do.

My point is that each and every individual is quite capable of having their own, personal relationship with God. We no longer need religion (or its protocols) or religious figureheads and gurus. The path that each person chooses to follow, to lead them to God in immaterial. All that matters is that the person finds GOD.

Times have changed and more and more people are beginning to understand this. As you well know, if you open your heart to God HE will not refuse you.

In closing, you might ask if I am a believer. No, I am not a believer. I am a knower.

35. Mighty Mom profile image76

Um, this is the Region Forum -- nowhere does it state that it is explicitly for Christians. But if the Christians among us want to have their own Forum so they can witness to each other, suggest it to HP Admin. They'll probably accommodate you.
    Meanwhile, this thread -- like all of our Forum threads -- is open for dissent.

lol look above
      religion & beliefs/christianity
      Like yolanda said the question itself is directed at Christians, those that witness. How can anyone who does not witness, is not a christian, have an opinion on witnessing and or how difficult it is? LOL

Exactly a free forum. It can be a christian topic , but anyone can post here or in any other thread. And as I said, if you don't like my posts, ignore them !!!!

You're right.  I just don't understand the hostility towards those who follow Christ and His teachings and why it is necessary to belittle those who believe.  I am not opposing any one's religion or non-religion.  I simply wanted to see where believers stood on the topic of witnessing to others. It has turned into anything but that, but that's just the way it is.

But seriously, I believe that deep down inside You want to know Jesus as Your Saviour.  I don't think you visit these kinds of forums just to poke fun.

Look . I'm not arguing with you. and I don't want to know Jesus. O K ? A lot of christians are my fans. and you know why? Because they're intelligent enough as to understand that my jokes are only jokes . and they know I'm a spiritual person in my own way, cause they've read my hubs.

Fine.  No hard feelings.  I guess I haven't been around here long enough to understand that you're joking.  We can move on from that now.  (I have a headache)

Very convenient !
                  That sounds like women when they don't want to have sex big_smile
                  (the headache I mean lol )

You are still joking, right?  (Smiling)

2. blue dog profile image61

please explain how simply wanting to see where believers stood on the topic of witnessing to others translates into believing that deep down inside someone such as myself would want to know jesus as a savior.

I guess its because just as you are most of us were. Not all of us were born into a christian home or environment.
                Some of us were unbelievers who came to know Christ through someones witness. And much like you we were seeking through all sorts of avenues. Some of us not even realizing we were seeking at the time. smile

it's a safe bet to say that when one reaches a certain age the seeking for a god ceases to occur.    you still don't see that this "you are" and "us were" comparison is the very hypocrisy that, in addition to leaving a foul taste in our mouths, is making the religious right out to be what they truly are. 

your god, as i've previously posted, is upstairs in a cold dark room.  and as the song continues, if he did create your world in seven days, then "ever since he's been a walking away."

i don't believe you ever responded to the link i posted regarding the deformed iraqi babies.  some god.

I did and I am sorry you didn't get the chance to read it.
                    My God is loving and kind and did not place those deformities on those babies.
                    The sins of this dying world did.
                    Sin brought with it all sorts of evil, pain, sorrow.
                    Adam had the choice of two trees in that garden. One of knowledge the other life eternal without pain, suffering, sorrow evil, without sin.
                    Man chose knowledge. He chose to lust after it. To disobey God and rebel. Sin came to be in this world through that act, that choice.
                    God loved man so much that He gave His Son as a sacrifice so that once again, man could make a choice between life and death. between sin and being with Him eternally. Away from all the horrors of this life. Away from all the horrific scenes we witness as a result of sin in this world. That is love my friend. And yes, it is some God to love that way, to forgive that way.

I am not going to get into a long debate with you about this. I am not arguing with you in other words. I am sorry you feel about God the way you do. He is not what you have come to think He is.
                    Aside from this, I think its important for you to know that people have come to the Lord at all ages. My grandmother was in her late 60's when she accepted Christ.

When I see people who say they don't believe in God constantly visiting Christian forums, what are they looking for?  Great Debate.

There has to be some interest there.

One could just as easily say the reverse.  If you are so sure of your faith, why do you feel the need to visit Christian forums?  Deep down inside are you hoping to be converted to atheism?

How would a title like "Christian" invoke one that has atheists coming into it and trying to convert anyone to atheism?

I have been to many a chirstian forum and chat rooms where there are lots of people talking about the word of God etc. And have yet to be confronted with an atheist trying to convert me. lol

And I still do not get where some here get that its what we are trying to do here. It is true we do witness of our faith, our God when confronted with that sort of adversity, but generally like with this question aimed at Christians who witness, we are not trying to convert only discuss.

The Word of God is powerful thats for sure, it has the power to draw people into its truths and leave them wondering soemtimes, still questioning its awesomeness.

I still question those who profess Jesus Christ who is the word, And then say they choose to omit it, in other words Him, from their witness.
                    Blows my mind

I feel no need to visit Christian forums.  But I do feel desire to visit them.  You know the difference, right? 

And it is because I am so sure of my faith that I participate in these forums.  My presence here may help someone like you see the light.

I wasn't even talking to you.

3. Marisa Wright profile image84

Yolanda, hasn't it occurred to you that some non-believers find unsolicited preaching objectionable, and participate in these forums because they feel it's important to present the alternative argument?

I'm not saying you indulge in unsolicited preaching (actually I thought your initial question was perfectly reasonable).

Marisa?
                Just what is the alternative argument to the question she asked?
                How can an unbeliever or atheist answer the question of how difficult it is to witness to people like themselves in an opposing view of it, if they do not witness themselves?
                If it is difficult, why?
                If it isn't, why?
                can an unbeliever answer these two questions?

Why then would an atheist want to interrupt the discussion? And you answered that above but I would challenge you to look down the list provided by the hub staff. They have their own forums to vent their objections in, state their beliefs in etc. should be the better way to put it then that they only do so in here to intimidate, ridicule and or mock. Not that they are really contributing much else to the discussion if you read some of their posts. Not all are like this, but some are.

if only it were a "discussion."  but it's not.  it's the never-ending sermonizing.  please clarify yourself and call it what it is.

Ok, lets say it is a sermon, then just as there are those who opt out of going to church to hear one, can they not then opt out of seeing one delivered here?
                    Not that I want anyone to, because I don't.
                    I like ministering the gospel smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

If you'd care to look back at the beginning of the thread, you'll see my answer.  I felt it was legitimate to give my view, as one of the people that might be a recipient of witnessing.

I thought Yolanda's question was perfectly reasonable and I don't condone the behaviour of any person on this thread - believer or non-believer - who chooses to turn a reasonable question into an excuse for a slanging match.   Or a preaching session. 

That includes some people whom I thoroughly respect in other venues!

Some people go out of their way to object to others beliefs.  And that's what I felt at the time.

When I posted this question, I read every comment made and I only responded to those that were postive.  I did not respond to anything that was negative.  I ignored it.  And that's what I had planned to keep doing.  I lost my cool. 

And I don't mind people objecting to unsolicited preaching.   My point was, if you don't like what I'm saying why are you here.  If I don't like a question or a post that someone else asked or posted, I just won't participate in it.  I am not in any other forum preaching Jesus.  I am in the forum that allows me to preach Jesus all I want and if someone doesn't like it, just pass on by.  That's all I was trying to say.

And if you are going t participate, you don't have to be tacky with it.

Yolanda, that's where you and I differ in our interpretation.

If you want to preach, write a Hub. That's a great venue for it.  Forums are places to debate and discuss - which means opposing views are acceptable and even encouraged.  They are NOT for preach preaching.  Even religious forums.  And have you ever thought that if only devout Christians took part in the forum, you would be preaching to the converted?

I'm sorry if you thought my earlier response was tacky, it wasn't intended to be.  I was just trying to point out the flaw in your logic.

I have no problem with debating. 

I have a problem with being put down because of what I believe.  Don't belittle me, because I wil not belittle you.  Don't call me names.  Don't insult my intelligence, and we can debate all day.  That is The Only point I bring. 

Debating is okay if it is done with respect and tact.

Well for one thing there are a lot of ex christians. Secondly there are a lot of people who just do not like ignorant lies being told to vulnerable people and children, so we like to offer a more reasoned less bullying response. smile

For starters, I question if these 'ex-Christians' you speak of were ever really Christians at all.  Lastly, what kind of 'ignorant lies' are you talking about?  The ones you tell.

I am definitely an ex Christian, although according to John I am saved ex Christian or not, so you go read that while I find a statement from the bible that disagrees with John OK? smile

The lies are the stuff you guys dig up from the nonsense written in the bible to support your ridiculous beliefs!

Get off your soapbox, and go read Matthew 10:22

get off yours and go see John. You should know where to look. smile
                Mattew 10.22
                See that's what I mean. More suffering, you poor little Christian you!

Isn't that what Matt 10:22 says?  And why would you care if you're saved or not, seeing as though you don't believe in the One who saves?

By the way, I'm not a poor little Christian.  How can I be when 'greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world?  Hello!

Yes this thread is open for dissent, like all the others.  Who said it wasn't?  But is it wrong to want to be repected, as a human being?  Especially when you are respectful of those around you?

We can agree to disagree without being asinine about it, right?

I think if one is pedaling hate it is reasonable for others to oppose it, especially of it comes from individual interpretations of a 2,000 year old book! smile

36. earnestshub profile image78

Or show even more wisdom and bugger off like you said you would and take nastyandrust with you! lol

37. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

It is easy to witness. Witnessing is done by actions and speech together. Jesus told the disciples that once they have been endued wioth power from on high, then they would be witness to all the world. They had walked with Jesus for 3.5 years and still could not witness for Him. It takes the Holy Ghost to make a witness for Christ.

Amen sister!!! smile

38. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Big difference between expressing ones thoughts and answering to another persons mockery.

39. Mighty Mom profile image76

Doh. My bad. I apologize. I don't spend a lot of time in the Relgion Forum. Didn't realize there were already these sub genres.

Still, you can't prevent someone from posting if they want to. It's their right. Even if non-Christian or a non-witnessing Christian.

40. earnestshub profile image78

2,000 years of this rubbish from one source. In all that time, not one provable event in support and a mass of evidence against.

That is too much for any one to believe unless they got this rot hand fed to them! lol

That speaks of the feeble human mind of some big_smile

41. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Mockers and scoffers enjoy it and even say as much, to acknowledge them is to partake in it with them. That is what wisdom teaches. Ignore them and laugh. They are not seeking what you have.

You're right.  I ignored it yesterday.  Post after post was negative and I just couldn't keep quiet any longer. But from now on I will better know how to conduct myself.  I can only contro my behavior and words, no one else's. 

I appreciate you.

42. Mighty Mom profile image76

I think the Religion Forum is very similar to the Politics Forum. You have two diammetrically opposed groups (plus a few oddballs thrown in). In Politics, either you're with the conservatives and against the liberals,or vice versa.
    Here, there are also two camps.
    1) Christians who believe it is their Christian duty to spread the gospel so that others may accept Jesus like they did.
    2)Those who disagree with the practice of witnessing. Now these people for the most part are atheists who object to the teachings of Christianity overall. But there are also Christians who maintain faith in Father, Son and Holy Ghost but do not witness.

You are never, ever going to change anyone's mind "preaching" to them here. It's almost like the harder you try, the less ground you make. Just my observation.

43. Mighty Mom profile image76

Tantrum. A spiritual person in your own way -- that's a good way to put it. I will resist making a crack about Satanism:-). MM

I'm satanic? yikes  Really ???? Point out my hub where I speak of Satan, please !

44. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

I have been a Catholic ALL my life and i've never seen a Catholic going from house to house etc.

They know what is expected of them, we have provided thousands of churches in every area they live in, they have no excuses and when they want to come to us and God then we're waiting right here for them every Sunday.

45. Mighty Mom profile image76

LOL. You're not really a devil worshipper (if you are, you hide it well). But my point is, that would still count as a form of "spirituality" wouldn't it?

Yes. But it's not my way. even I respect serious satanists. but as I don't believe in God , is evident I don't believe in Satan

2. atomswifey profile image58

Maybe in a "worldly view" of that term spirituality.

46. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I think some people may just check out the religious forum to see if there are any seemingly interesting discussions that they can put their own two cents in on.  Some people are just looking for any type of discussion to kill a little time or take a break.  They don't care what its about.

47. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

In my opinion, and as a life long Jehovah's Witness, I know for a fact people absolutely hate being preached to, hate it..... If you have some knowledge to pass on to someone, they have to want it..... None of us can force our opinions on anyone, and have absolutely no right to do that either.

My belief would be that everything is there, the answers are recorded to all our questions.  Some want them so do not, and what is the problem with that....

People in  my opinion, and i know this is definately true of me, prefer to see a sermon than to hear one preached..... unless they go somewhere at a certain time to hear that sermon, i.e. church, or some other religious place

You can witness to someone without preaching.  Our actions witness for us louder than our words.

48. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Great post, Brenda.

49. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image59
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years ago

Truth is a sword, live like IT and nobody can touch you without being cut.

Right on!!

Amen!!!

50. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Believers should keep preaching and witnessing the gospel of Christ. We never know who may read something here that is not able to post a comment. They also may be afraid to post a comment because of what some  write here.

If it offends others, so be it. The Word offends the flesh. A person may go through the fire by posting something about Jesus, but it may help one person to overcome one problem in their life.

Absolutely. It matters not how many are offended. We should not care for those who are offended. If they are offended by the Word - they matter not. The only sin that is never forgiven is the sin of un-belief. The Word is righteous, no matter the offense and conflict caused. We must never waver from witnessing.

Good work Sir Dent. Keep up the fight. We must win.

1. profile image0

Welcome back to the religion forum Mark.

Thanks for such an inspiring comment.

Thanks for such a truthful comment.

right one point sirdent my friend and sis! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)