Do You Believe In Extraterrestrials?

Jump to Last Post 51-90 of 90 discussions (299 posts)
  1. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

Did you ask if I believe in extra testicles? No. My bad. I am sorry.

2. calpol25 profile image60
    calpol25posted 14 years ago

I believe in Terrestrial Vision or TV as we know it.

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

CAl:
      Just wait, 3d tv'll be next!

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I want one of those for sure.
        I made myself a pair of 3D glasses out of blue and red cellophane by the way.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

3D TV is already being sold. smile

1. qwark profile image61

Hey Earn:
            Yer kiddin'?
            They've been talking about it here but haven't seen it in the stores yet.
            You can buy 'em in Australia?

I have seen several ads for them here, but I may be mistaken, as they may not have been released yet. Phillips and all the major manufacturers are making them. Here is an ad for one I saw in Australia.

The 50-inch Panasonic VIERA VT20 Plasma 3D HDTV unveiled by Best Buy on Wednesday is priced at around $2,500, with accompanying eyewear costing about $150 a pair.

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
                Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alright this was the only safe place for me tonight. All the hubs are religious and we all know I get in trouble there.

Night earnestshub, hope you have lots of fun. I will send you a drink tomorrow.

Goodnight Faybe, sleep well! smile

2. qwark profile image61

Blond:
          Do they work?

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

screw TV I want a Holo-deck like they have on the Enterprise.

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Them 3d glasses don't work...I had a flat chested girlfriend when I was in school, so I got a pair of them glasses, you know to made things pop out...nothing she was still flat, and toilet paper didn't work either.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I once went on a date with a girl who looked like she had a fantastic pair under that top.

When the top was off however, nothing there.

Biggest. Disappointment. Ever.

Damn silicone bra padders.

2. qwark profile image61

Hey Mikel:
      I worked Calif. and Fla. ocean beaches as a lifeguard.
      Ya don't need glasses of any kind down there!
      It's all there for the viewing...lol
      'Specially at S. Beach Miami.
      Imagine this, a gorgeous young european girl topless and only the bottom of her string "thong" covering the other "vitals."
      Throw the glasses in the "round file."...aaarfff!

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats the exact reason people wear darkened sunglasses in southern French coast.

You will never see as many beautiful people as the ones on those beaches, naked or not, male or female, I felt inadequate with my skinny white english body every single time i've been down that way

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I think the odds are highly in favour of there being other life out there, I remember one of the big sci-fi writers once took the probability of life emerging, and the number of estimated planets with an earth like distance to sun and containing water, he came up with something like 3 million other possible higher races.  This did not include the possiblity that life might be able to survive on worlds hostile to human like evolution, hotter, colder, etc.

Unfortunately the chances of any one species meeting another are infinitesimally small.

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If ..  Aliens "UFO" do exist and are from a diffrent dimension shareing space in this space time contium they would be conscerned if we were to blow ourselves up. This is their space too.
       Somehow I think conditions over here would effect  conditions over there.

7. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I'm sure they're real. They've been communicating with me through my water heater for years.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too except mine comunicates through the coffee pot every mornin.

gotta go to sleep now I'm looking forward to AM coffee.

2. donotfear profile image84
        donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love this one!!! lol lol lol

8. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I am never going to get any sleep. I was going, honest. But I am an extraterrestrial, all redheads are. I was told this by some redheads when I had my tonsils out when I was twelve. They had the whole operating room staffed by redheads, including the doc, and said that was because we couldn't risk being operated on by terrestrials.

Of course when the doc saw my hair he thought it was a joke, and had to be coaxed back in to do the surgery... big_smile

I knew there was something different about you Faybe! lol

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah another on my list of must write hubs... I better start writing this stuff down or I'll have to go running through the forums to find all my brilliant ideas. big_smile

9. profile image0
    Jared in Vegasposted 14 years ago

I don't believe in extra terrestrials, but I really don't want to see one.

10. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I am not inteligent enough to debate all of the properties of physics...  I am however smart enough to read simply stated facts. The following one can be found in almost any article to be found on the internet.

"...in vacuum, where there are no atoms, molecules or other types of matter that can slow it down".

1. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jerami, tossing out bits and pieces without understanding what it is your tossing out doesn't make you look smart at all.

I am not trying to make myself look smart. That is not why I come to the forums. I am what I am, and thats all that I,
        am I'm Jerami the ignorant soul (reads better with misic)
              And YOU?   What is your intentions?
          I just made a simple statement which you corrected me on.
          I like to build a belief upon simple statements.
        A basic understanding before I attempt to broaden my vocabulary and/or understanding.
           Do basic facts change as we improve our IQ
           Returning to basic facts can sometimes resolve misunderstandings.

1. profile image55

Jerami, if you want to understand physics, you need to take the time to do so. It isn't something you'll grasp overnight as much of how things work is often counter-intuitive to how we might think they work.

I do not feel that I need to know how to build a clock in order to learn how to tell time.
               The thread that I was commenting on that started this conversation was a hypothetical coment about the speed of light not being absolutely constant as we know it.
              I still believe this to be true except for when it is in a vacume. unafected by gravity.
               I will reasearch this belief and if proven incorect I will anounce my mistake.
               Thank you for your input.

1. profile image55

But, you do need to understand physics if that is what you're talking about, Jerami.

Your belief is false, because it is an unfounded belief and has nothing to do with physics.

In other words, you need to take the time to understand physics, like I said. smile

I think that all that can be accomplished in this conversation has been.
                    If you want for me to say that "I BELIEVE" that you are right and I am wrong; ... I will.... But...  since you can not believe anything else that I have to say...  should you believe me when I say that   ????

Been fun talking with ya...  Gotta go back out to work ...   
                     LATER

1. profile image55

Jerami, stop believing and start thinking. No, I don't want you to say that, I would much rather you simply spent the time to learn and understand it yourself. Okay?

11. aware profile image69
    awareposted 14 years ago

arnt we extraterrestrials?

12. Tom Cornett profile image82
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Look close at a KFC sign. Colonel Sanders is not wearing a tie! It is the alien Gumby biting his neck!  He was infected.  The chickens were infected.  Remember bell bottoms in the 70s, when KFC began to rise...look at Gumby's lower legs.
    The Colonel used an alien recipe that was irresistible to most humans.
    Chickens are evil alien spawns! They want us to eat them! "Cluck...pukerk...barrock means VOTE For Barock Obama! 
    We are doomed!  smile

13. aware profile image69
    awareposted 14 years ago

chariots of the gods.

14. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 14 years ago

Logic dictates that we cannot be alone in the vastness of the universe.  I would even go so far as to say we are not alone in our own galaxy.

Will we ever meet; highly unlikely given the sheer distances involved?  Which is, in my humble opinion, probably just as well;  and while we are at it can we stop shouting ; “Cooeee, we’re over here,” out in every direction of space until we know who; or what we are shouting at.

Allowing for the fact that the ’Big Bang’ is generally how we conceive the whole universe started. So the further away from the original explosion you are the older you are.  Therefore by that equation  those further out than us are older, wiser and probably  a teeny weenie bit more advanced than us.

Which could mean, that if they object to all the childish noise we are making ; they could, just could pop over here and kick the crap out of us.

Nor, I might add; just because we are making, what we think are,  friendly noises doesn’t mean that anybody out there wants to be our friend.

They might look upon us as food !

15. figment profile image75
    figmentposted 14 years ago

Believe in them...I am one!!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ChO1KJNggn6vJM:http://planet.redmummy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/aliens_for_peace.png

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe they exist too - but maybe they're just a figment of my imagination . . . smile

1. figment profile image75
        figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

16. profile image0
    LEWJposted 13 years ago

DO I BELIEVE IN EXTRATERRESTRIALS?     

ANSWER---SURE: THE ONES FOUND IN UFO LITERATURE.

17. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Do You Believe In Extraterrestrials?

Hi friends

No, I don't believe in them. It is just a fiction; no need to believe in them.

Thanks

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, even though there are billions of Galaxies, we are the only life form?
      Please how do you know this? What is your reasoning?

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Deborah Sexton

One's belief should be with certainties not based on doubt.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
          crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Certainty is fiction.

1. profile image51

Hi friend crmhaske

Please quote from Buddha for claim and reason in this connection.

Thanks

1. profile image0

I'm not she..but there are no certainties

2. profile image0

Wow, did you really just ask me that?  I have a brain of my own you know.  I do think for myself, and formulate my own ideas that someone else hasn't told me think.

"Certainty is fiction" - Christie Haskell, 2010

That better?

There is nothing we can know for certain, because there is so much we don't know that might come out from behind us and knock our foundation over.

1. profile image51

Hi friend crmhaske

So, you don't take any wisdom or enlightenmet from Buddha; you take enlightenment from Christie Haskell, 2010 ; which is totally wrong. You say, "I have a brain of my own you know. I do think for myself, and formulate my own ideas that someone else hasn't told me think"; here you have borrowed from Christie Haskell, 2010 ; and have not thought yourself for you.

So, your Buddha does not guide you, when you need him; might be your Buddha is a fiction or just a decoration piece or you have lost Word from him.

Thanks

1. profile image0

lol, Christie Haskell is me, that's my name

Buddha does guide me when I need him, I just don't need him in a useless discussion with you.

18. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I've always believed in extratesticles...gotta have spares!

1. profile image0

Whatever.

The school bell will ring soon and you can go home and play with your toy soldiers.

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Er at this time of night 11:55pm what kind of school do you think I attend?

1. profile image0

It's day where I live and have no idea where you do.

19. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 13 years ago

I think it would be extraordinarily naive, and narcissistic to believe with certainty that we are the only inhabited planet in the universe.

1. Obscure Divine profile image60
      Obscure Divineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's true.  Also, who is to say that carbon-based life is the only form.  Do you remember the Star Trek show featuring the cave dwelling creature that was a silicon-based lifeform.  To me, that concept is very plausible, on other planets.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.breckstewart.com/general/book/voyager/trebbles_346X300.jpg

At one point in time I thought I was visited by Trebbles...

but upon closer examination, it was just a HUGE dust bunny under my bed

Ha-ha!  That wasn't the show I was talking about, but I remember those fuzzy bastards.  LOL!  I think the show I was referring to was called "The Devil in the Dark."

2. profile image0

I think you are referring to the "The Devil in the Dark"  from Season One of Star Trek TOS.  They are in a mine, and Spock mind melds with the creature.  It's where the "No Kill I" quote comes from.  They find out that the silicon spheres the people working in the mine have been destroying are actually her eggs.  They didn't give the creature a species name, but she called herself Horta.

Nimoy's overacting of the mind meld is hilarious.

http://mimg.ugo.com/200903/9021/The_Devil_in_the_Dark_233.JPG

Yeah, I posted that 49 minutes ago, up above ^|^ your last post.  LOL!  Yeah, that was a good show.  But, to me, it was a good way of showing that not all life has to be carbon-based, when dealing with other planets.  smile

1. profile image0

Ya exactly!

2. Greek One profile image64

why does Spock look so constipated?

It's called "thinking" but then again, some people do this also, like yourself, while defecating.  yikes

1. Greek One profile image64

.....and the results of some people's thinking are similar to the results when they are defecating

tongue

I concur, as I see these fecal forum fling-outs, all the damn time...  tongue

3. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or, the devil ain't such a bad guy after all, just misunderstood. wink

20. dfager profile image59
    dfagerposted 13 years ago

If you had proof of aliens you would not need to believe in them.

Did anyone see the History Channel program about ancient aliens.  How about the theory that the great pyramades could have been used to create power with hydrogen?

21. Shil1978 profile image85
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

Well, I guess that depends on whether one is talking about just "life" or specifically "intelligent life." I would think "life" could be pretty common, or at least there could be a higher likelihood of it existing in the universe. Intelligent life though, I think, might be less common, may not exist too. This of course is a belief, not based on anything tangible!

For humans to have evolved and, more importantly, survived into what we are now - we needed luck and quite a number of things to go our way and in a particular order too, which did happen. So, in a sense, in our specific case, you could say we were 'lucky.'

What we do not know till now is whether life is something that is bound to exist given a certain set of conditions, or whether it is just a quirk. We need to know much, much more to answer this question with more conviction. Till then, it will only exist in the realm of beliefs!

22. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Can it be proved that there are NOT extraterrestials?  Any thing is possible..........

23. arabloveline profile image53
    arablovelineposted 13 years ago

Sorry No, i never faced in my life that thing untill i faced it will be quite impossible to belive.

24. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 13 years ago

I believe the universe is a very big place, possibly even infinite in size. There just might be some life out there somewhere that we haven't encountered yet.

25. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 13 years ago

I think oue sci fi view of life on other planets is a bit silly, but I also think it's arrogant to assume out of a whole universe that we are the only ones.

Many truths or facts, along with inventions, have previously been considered Sci-Fi.  The main point, with or without an open mind or imagination, is:  it would virtually be mathematically impossible for this to be the only planet with life.

1. profile image0
        Audreveaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree - I was thinking more like the 'Men in Black' movies or 'Lost in Space'. We tend to use a human frame for anything we don't know about or fully understand -- when/if we find life on other planets I think it will be different than anything we imagined.

You know what else is interesting - the Astral travellers. What do you reckon you'd find in other dimensions?

Multiple dimensions, parallel universes, et cetera, are all very interesting and the possibilities run as endless as your own imagination, and more.  ...They are always very fascinating concepts to ponder......

2. profile image0

I think they are in other dimensions.I have had many out of body experiences myself.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I had a body like that, I'd never leave it.  wink

26. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

We all are extraterrestrials,don't you think so.

1. Shil1978 profile image85
      Shil1978posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess, if you believe in the theory that we are in fact Martians smile

2. sannyasinman profile image60
      sannyasinmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Didn't they teach you to spell on your planet?
      Hint: it's spelt with an "e" not an "i". smile

27. profile image0
    LEWJposted 13 years ago

The reason I say I only believe in extra-terrestrials found in literature is because no hard evidence exists that is above question and proves their existence OUTSIDE literature or film.
    So, I see the subject as fun entertainment but unsupported  "fact."
    Close Encounters and Fire In the Sky are good film presentations of the extra-terrestrial concept, but hardly useful evidence in the court of examination.

28. Nimueway profile image58
    Nimuewayposted 13 years ago

I believe in ETs. The disclosure project (you can watch it on YouTube or Google Video) was the slam dunk proof that I needed. Now I'm just upset with the government and frustrated with public apathy. The disclosure project was held in May of 2001, and Nasa employee's, government employee's and contracted civilians working at government facilities came forward and testified that they would be willing to go up in front of the Supreme court and swear that they have first hand knowledge that UFOs and ETs exist. They are real and here now. Now I don't know about anyone else, but that's a big deal in my opinion. Because if witness testimony is no longer evidence - then perhaps every murder, rapist and thief put in jail on witness testimony, should be released from prison. Just a thought...

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.scificool.com/images/2009/10/mib.jpg

Look closely at this photo.

2. profile image55
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what? Those people are kooks. They are the same people who believe the moon landing was a hoax.

No, they aren't.

Eyewitness testimonies do not hold water in court without hard evidence. There is no hard evidence for alien visitations, not a single shred.

1. profile image0
        LEWJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tend to agree with you, Q:  people can  "testify"  to seeing Superman in front of Congress.  The hard physical proof needed to back up extraterrestrial existence claims is yet missing, however.
        Intelligent life exists throughout the spirit realm.   The popular view that insists we can't be the only intelligent lifeforms in existence is thus answered.  The assertion that we can NOT be the only intelligent lifeforms in existence because the universe is vast is nothing more than speculation based upon insupportable logic.  Or wishful thinking.
        The fact is that, after all the speculating and hypothesizing is done, NO CLEAR PROOF OF EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFEFORMS OTHER THAN SPIRITS EXISTS.   But of course, people are free to believe as they wish.

29. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

If you think that we are the only, I use this term carefully, "intelligent" life in the cosmos, you are about 51 cards short of being a "full deck!"

30. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 13 years ago

There is much "hard evidence" that ET's exist, but it has been suppressed and kept out of mainstream knowledge.

As an aside, what do you consider to be valid, hard evidence?

An Interview on CNN with an ET perhaps? A personal visit from one at your home? 900 scientistsd saying that they are real (just like they said man-made global warming was real:)).  Who do you trust, what do you believe?

In the end it comes down to personal choice.

1. profile image55

Conspiracy theories keep significance junkies busy and unadulterated.

Aliens.

Yes, it becomes a personal choice to think or believe. If you actually thought about it, you wouldn't be posting that claim about scientists.

1. sannyasinman profile image60

Deleted

1. profile image0

The statement about scientists and their claims stands true, and I did actually think about it.

I'm unconcerned with CNN, and have no worry about an ET knocking on my door.  Most likely the knock from an  "ET"  would appear at your own door, since you've already prepared yourself to receive such a visit from them.

My eyes are already opened, because I discern fact from ET fiction and reality from the ET wishing post.  They can also see  what does NOT go on in the world---proof of ET existence, for instance.  The day my eyes would be opened to believe in ETs is the same day they'd become as completely shut as the eyes of those who beat me to it.   

If, as you say, there's only personal choice in the end, what's the point of insisting that ETs exist without also providing proof that they do?

I am interested to know, as I have asked the question before, what are your personal criteria for something to be "real"?

1. profile image0

That it be shown up as more than what people say and that it clearly and unmistakably reveal itself DESPITE all human thought and action to the contrary.   That's my criteria.

31. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

they do exist, oprah is proof

32. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 13 years ago
    1. profile image55

You can't be serious... LOL.

"CONCLUSION

Now that we know Illuminati plans, we can prepare for the greatest deception in human history by warning others, and deciding how we might deal with a hoaxed space-alien invasion scenario."

33. profile image0
    LEWJposted 13 years ago

As for hard evidence, the burden of proof is not on unbelievers in extraterrestrials.   If there really IS such evidence, where is it?     What 900--or even 9,000--"scientists"  claim as real does not create reality in the absence of proof.   There are good examples of that fact throughout the history of science.

Watching an interview on CNN with an  "ET"  would do fine as proof for people who already believe in them.   And I'm sure a personal visit from one would impress them as well.   But what would be significant about either event if the supposed ETs could not be shown, by physical examination and demonstrations of authentic advanced abilities, to actually be what they seemed to be?

Until such time arrives one's personal belief in ETs is indeed a matter of choice.   But that remains a far cry from proof that such beliefs are matters of fact.

So hard evidence is "physical examination and demonstrations of authentic advanced abilities".

By whom? And would you believe what you saw, or what they told you anyway? It all depends on the perceived credibilty of the organisation or person presenting the proof, and whether you choose to believe them or not.

Indian Yogi's can have authentic advanced abilities. People see these with their own eyes and still don't believe it. So my question is valid. Would you believe it if you had a personal experience of an ET? Probably not. You would find a way to convince yourself that is was not real. 

Apparently countless thousands of reports of sightings, abductions, and other encounters by ordinary poeple from all over the world and all walks of life, do not amount to anything.

So who has to see, say or do what, for it to be "real".

1. profile image55

It's very clear by the last link you provided that they are not an organization or person with any credibility whatsoever. They have gone bonkers.

2. profile image55

No one has to say or do anything, that is the point.

Of course, one only has to understand the physical logistics of interstellar travel to also understand it is highly unlikely we are being visited.

So tell me, what are your criteria for something to be "real"?

As for interstellar travel, if you cannot conceive of anything being possible outside of what we can already actually do or what we know to be "true" by current scienctific "fact", then it would be difficult.

However, it just might be possible for things to exist which we cannot see, hear, taste, smell or feel -  or scientifically prove - yet, including travel across time and space. Can you accept this?

And if not, then take a look at what Quantum Physics is now discovering . . .

1. profile image55

I don't personally define reality, sorry.

To conceive of interstellar travel has nothing to do with the problems of interstellar travel.

What I accept about things that exist or don't exist has nothing to do with the problems of interstellar travel. Those who rely on what they believe and what they don't believe about the world around them are often wrong.

I suspect you haven't a clue as to what Quantum field theory entails. Nice wild goose chase, though.

34. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

There is no such thing.You can tell yourself anything.
    Adam and Eve begain our first human existence.All else was
    created by God for His Glory and ingenuity.
    Satan have great powers to cause one to think beyond
    what is already here or have been created.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is actually a higher probability that Aliens exist than there is for a higher "god" type power to exist. In reality. wink

35. Jarn profile image60
    Jarnposted 13 years ago

No, but they believe in me. Won't leave me alone. The tin foil does nothing!

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought tin foil was for commies?!?

36. profile image0
    Chasukposted 13 years ago

I don't have enough evidence to form an opinion.

Life would seem a bit more magical -- does that make any sense? -- if I believed in extraterrestrials,  but I would need tangible proof.

Human experience is too untrustworthy to settle the question by itself.

37. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Perhaps it's people from the future where plastic surgery is the norm and they travel back in time to be admired and gawked at because in the future - everybody looks like a different freaking alien from another planet and the egotistical time-travelers just want attention.

I mean - just look at this woman - imagine a 100 years from now...

Anastasiya Shpagina
    http://xaxor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Anastasiya-Shpagina-Ukrainian-real-life-barbie-doll23.jpghttp://s4.hubimg.com/u/7282083_f248.jpg

38. By Lori profile image61
    By Loriposted 11 years ago

Yes. After listening {with an open mind} to radio 550 AM, Coast To Coast {with George Noory} I have heard about ET's from a lot of good sources. I recommend that radio show.  And anyway, how can we be the only life in this universe ?

39. karthikkash profile image82
    karthikkashposted 11 years ago

Forgetting all alien visitations, space crafts, Nibiru and all the new age thing.. Let's be very honest. Simple logic says that out of the billions of galaxies in the universe, and for a billion stars in each galaxy,  we just cannot be alone There will be at least 10 civilizations out there somewhere in the universe. Forget little green men with lizard faces or humanoids. But even a simple insect on another planet becomes an extra-terrestrial.. Have they visited us or will we ever visit them? No one knows. But are they there a billion light years away? I bet there are. In fact, being a person who believes in science, I find it stupid not to believe in extra-terrestrials.

40. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 11 years ago

extra testicles are real god damn it!!!!....I rest my case!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)