Hmmm...this is new. The home of the new, ongoing 30 day HubChallenge!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 191 discussions (356 posts)
  1. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

http://www.lensroll.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/002-da_challenge.gif

Nope, you're not seeing things, this is in fact a new forum that will be hosting the new, ongoing 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallengers who are willing to take on the challenge. Later this week me and the rest of the HubChallenge team (which I will announce later) are going to use this forum to launch a new, ongoing HubChallenge that, if you accept, will take your Hubbing skills to the next level. Of course, you'll become better all while having a lot of fun (and hopefully earning some more cash).

For more information on what's about to be launched tomorrow, check out this blog post that was written by darkside, the official ring leader of this new HubPages extravaganza.

More information coming soon and if you must know, this new 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge is going to officially start this Friday, July 24th. You had better start stretching now. smile

1. profile image0
      The Adventuressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm new at this but I think I'll give this a try... especially since there's no deadline!

2. Ambition profile image61
      Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

can i also become part of this challenge. i am new so unaware about rules.

3. kung fu_librarian profile image59
      kung fu_librarianposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in. This will be a great opportunity to start learning how this all works. I enjoy a good writing challenge!

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
        Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great - looking forward to seeing your first hubs!

2. curiozities profile image60
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

I better start writing now.  I have a day job and a family and as a consequence, time is at a premium for me.  But I'll give it the old college try.

That's the spirit!  Give it a go...

3. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I'm in.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

WOW!

I was waiting for this one as I missed the last one because haven't joined HP then... ain't gona miss this one... I am in.

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

BTW Ryan the link you posted is down somehow... 403 error!

Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which link isn't working? It looks like they both are working to me?

Also -- glad that you're both in!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.lensroll.com/blog/252/challenge/

maybe something wrong here at my side.

1. darkside profile image65
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whereabouts in the world are you? We've had problems with some IP ranges accessing the site.

Yup I believe my IP falls in that particular IP range.

Any chance you could mention the country? I don't need to know the specific IP. I may be able to fix the 403 from my end.

Okay, that's sorted via email.

If anyone else has trouble accessing www.lensroll.com/blog it's because unfortunately, some whole countries are blocked from access. But from now on I'll be making blog posts about the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge from www.startpoint.biz which is not susceptible to the same sort of spam and hacking attempts that a site running Pligg (a Digg like application) seems to attract.

2. Ambition profile image61
              Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

looks like you are unaware about proxies, just go through that proxy and see the blog. BTW you are from canada through this proxy.

6. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Ok I'm in again...even though I'm creating two businesses online....I'll give it a go...wooop...wooop!

Did you get my email?

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No...?

Can you please contact me via my profile page. smile

Tis done!

7. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I wish I could!! I also joined either just after the last one, or near the end. I know that everyone was talking about it. But I'm away most of next week and then I'm away all next month, effectively leaving me one week to write 30 hubs before I go. I guess I could give it a shot ...

Hey Jen -- the good thing about this HubChallenge is that it will be ongoing, meaning that Hubbers can start it whenever they want. This will make it more of a learning process as there will be Hubbers making their way through the HubChallenge at all different stages.

So, if you can start on Friday with us, great! But, if you can't you can start in a couple of weeks and we'll help you get kicked off while we'll be nearly half-way through.

1. RedElf profile image89
        RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This sounds really great - am always willing to learn, and it sounds like there will be more of a process involved than just dive in and write, like the last challenge...yes?
        I look forward to reading more about this.

8. Ryan Hupfer profile image61

One other thing -- me and the rest of the HubChallenge team are going to take these first few days before the HubChallenge begins to really help educate all of you fantastic Hubbers on all things HubPages so that you can learn the entire system inside and out.

This will be a lot of fun and you will will learn a lot while you're at it -- at least that's going to be our goal. smile

I'm unloading ALL of my secrets....I mean, I guess you could call them that.

This is going to be cool!

Yeah, it's going to be pretty awesome and I hope that it can really be helpful to everyone. darkside and I have put together a great team, so there's going to be a lot to learn.

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I'm looking forward to this and Darkside's commentary.

haha, me too. smile

Also, he's the perfect guy to lead this charge because the last HubChallenge took his HubPages success to the nest level. He did a fantastic job and can totally testify about what publishing 30 new, quality Hubs can do for a Hubber.

10. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Oh, good.  I joined HubPages right in the middle of the last one.  Had considered doing my own 30 in 30 challenge, so this is perfect.  Need the accountability and commaraderie.  So, in other words, I'm in!

11. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Woo hoo!

I'm the king of biting off more than I can chew! big_smile

1. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I'm the clown prince, LOL!

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm not making any promises this time smile

13. lindagoffigan profile image58
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

Count me in for 30 in 30.

Should be a little easier than the 100, eh? smile

Glad you're in!

I'm sure you've got a lot of tips to share, too.

2. lindagoffigan profile image58
      lindagoffiganposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Should there be posting to twitter and is there going to be a hash tag like the 100 hubs in 30 days challenge.  Somehow the structural techniques of having to post to the Twitter hashtag and to use hubpage challenge as a tag made it easier to delineate the hubpages.

Yes this is all explained if you read the HubChallenge threads.

Use the #hubchallenge hashtag at twitter so HubPages staff can monitor activity!

Remember the #tag can be applied to any keyword variation that you can think of really, just remember to do a search through twitter to see some of the best searches currently available and active, so you can apply the #tag to anything else other than the hubchallenge too....

14. Trekkiemelissa profile image66
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

I'm in and I will try the best I can to make it this time.

15. darkside profile image65

I've started blogging about my gameplan.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I read your article, great information.  I tried to submit a comment and not sure it made it through.  After I clicked the submit button, it said "page not found".  Not sure the comment made it...

I got the blog comment. I had that page not found comment myself, I'll try and get that sorted out.

1. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, good.  That was very useful information for me.

16. Kidgas profile image64
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Count me in.  I have several ideas already and will start working on them.

17. profile image0

This is great, I was starting to feel lonely. I missed the hub challenge atmosphere a lot.

18. Cam Anju profile image69
    Cam Anjuposted 14 years ago

Hmmm, I might do this, but I'm not sure... I'm not making any promises but I always end up bighting off more then fits in my mouth so you can probably count me in LOL! big_smile

19. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Yea me neither with my job and kids. They already get mad that Im on hubpages all the time. lol

20. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Okay...(grudgingly) count me in. I need this type of challenge. My hub-producing skills need some honing.

21. profile image0

During the last hub challenge, several of us created blogs to promote those hubs and the challenge and then we all linked to each other. I still have that blog up and have kept the links. If anyone else would like to create a blog, I'll gladly include a link to it on mine.

lrohner you'll be glad, if you do this. My hubpages income increased greatly as a result and I learned a lot about what works and what doesn't.

Hi Nelle that blogging thing may well be a great idea and a linked blog etc would be a good idea.  Stay tuned for more ideas on this I'm sure.

22. pmalik profile image61
    pmalikposted 14 years ago

Wow.. Was waiting for this.. Would be in.. Though am wondering how many Amazon sales would I be able to make, since don't have either an Adsense or eBay account :-( Still it should be fun..

23. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

UffDa!  I'm going to give it a try.  Starting my list of subjects.  No guarantees smile

24. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

The last hub challenge boosted my earnings, comments, and pageviews big time! I was just about to start a personal challenge of 30 in 30...so the timing for this is great!  I'm definitely in!

For anyone who doesn't know...I committed to 30 hubs last time and actually realized after I did that I only needed 35 to hit 100 hubs, so I went for 35.  I actually did 36 hubs in 22 days!  Woooo hooooo!  I personally think they were some of my best work.  Maybe it was because I was excited and focused. 

It's a great experience that will change you as a writer.  It'll change how you see yourself.  I urge each of you to try it, but it's your own journey and don't expect it to be like anyone else's.  Don't stress yourself out if things aren't going like you want.  Learn from it and move on. 

If you get stuck, holler at me!

25. okmom23 profile image66
    okmom23posted 14 years ago

Great opportunity for a newbie to learn quickly!
    I'm in, 30 in 30!

Great! Get ready to learn some tips this week so that you'll be ready to rock on Friday when we officially kick off the HubChallenge. smile

26. dwilliamson profile image59
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

Yes, count me in. I've been waiting for another challenge to motivate me to write more hubs and I am definitely looking forward to learning more about HubPages and Ryan's secrets. I have been missing out on something and hopefully this will help me. I did manage to make a bit of money in June with the 100 hubs challenge. I am hoping to do this again. I started a blog with the first challenge so I will continue to use it for this new challenge. Here is the link to that blog.

http://100hubs.blogspot.com/

27. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I need to up my hub count so yeah I will go for it, count me in !

I didn't recognise you without your pirate outfit on!

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

New Image smile

The Pirate on Holiday look....

28. kitchenbiyotch profile image56
    kitchenbiyotchposted 14 years ago

I'm in! I just joined a few days ago so I'm gonna try really hard. This is exciting and coool! ^_^

And first post in the forum too!

Welcome aboard!

29. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

Oh, and I'm in as usual.  Got 20 or so written, so looking forward to a more relaxed month this time and that's good as I know I'll have some extra stuff on this time round.

By the way, is there any reason why we start these on 24th and not on the 1st of the month?  Most people psychologically think better when day 10 is the 10th, not have to calculate mentally day 10 = 2nd etc. (or at least I do)

30. emievil profile image69
    emievilposted 14 years ago

All right! What I have been waiting for. I'm in!

31. BristolBoy profile image61
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

Count me in.  I was worried you were going to say 100 hubs in 30 days and thought there was no chance I would be able to do that (as I am away from about 2 weeks of the next month!), but I should be able to do 30 hubs in the time which remains.

No excuse!  I was away for 14 or more of the 30 days last time... but then again I did have most of them written and unpublished

1. BristolBoy profile image61
        BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know its no excuse!  Just warning people now before they get worried that I am not writing many!

32. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I am in! I had almost lost motivation after completing a 100 in the last one though it increased my revenue to a considerable extent. But I sincerely feel that 30 Hubs is no Challenge at all.

Anyways, if it is starting on the 24th I would be getting only 18 days. After that I would be gone for a 10 days holiday.

33. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Hi,

Regarding Educating Hubbers, could someone please clarify the MAIN webpage for this challenge. Is it this one? :

http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/blog/dashboard/

found on Eric G's posting or is there another official HP one?

Cheers.

That's the unofficial one that will help you also, but keep your eyes peeled for other tips and updates on the hubpages blog and the other 30 day challenge forum post. big_smile

1. Lady_E profile image61
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheers, Waynet.  smile

34. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I didn't come close to finishing my 100 in 30 (I think I did 25 or so) but I'm in for 30 in 30. I think... yikes

35. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

BTW I did see a big revenue increase just from the 25 smile

36. Uninvited Writer profile image80

That 30-Day challenge that Eric mentioned is something completely different, it's about marketing and is run by Ed Dale.

1. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this. I signed up to it and actually thought I'd signed up for the Challenge. (I thought I was already Registered.)  As Waynet advised, I'll keep an eye on the 30 day Challenge Post.

Cheers Uninvited, I'm still a Newbie. smile

37. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I did do some of Ed Dale's challenge last year. Parts of it did help me but I'm more a writer than a marketer. There were some great hints though.

38. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

I'll give the thirty in thirty days a shot...

39. NYMiskovic profile image60
    NYMiskovicposted 14 years ago

Where do I sign up???

I'm so excited to see another challenge being that I missed out on the last one.  I can't wait to get started.

Well, you don't actually sign up anywhere, but starting Friday you'll kick off your 30 day Hub-writing adventure with the rest of us and keep us updated in this forum.

I'll be posting more of the instructional-type of information a little later in the week.

40. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

Darkside did you get my email reply?  And did you get the googlegroups test message?  Just wanna be sure I'm set up correctly...

41. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Ryan and others at HP management, I assume that before making this decision, you considered the point of view of people who think that 30 day challenges destroy HP community. Just to make 100% sure you did, this hub sums it up pretty good. http://hubpages.com/hub/HubPages-Commun … act-Ruined

I'm not sure why you think that initiatives like this destroy community, but we've definitely seen that Hub and we appreciate all of your input. Just like the last HubChallenge, this new, ongoing 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge will be a way for new Hubbers, old Hubbers, Hubbers who want to learn more and many other members of our community to learn more about HubPages, all while hopefully giving their overall opportunity a major boost.

If you and others don't want to participate in the HubChallenge, that's fine, but there are more and more Hubbers who are already members of our community and who are joining every day and they would like to get up to speed on what all HubPages has to offer and I feel that the HubChallenge is a great way for each of them to do that.

Also, if you haven't noticed, it's now 30 Hubs in 30 Days, so hopefully you won't be bothered too much by those Hubbers that decide to join in. But, if you do, there's always options to take care of that via your Hubtivity and Fan management tools.

Thanks, as always, for your input, but we have a lot of Hubbers who are excited to get this thing started (me being one of them), so if you don't have anything positive to say in this forum, please just keep your comments to yourself or just stay out of this forum altogether.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, I think your reply was unjustifiably rude. I don't think I deserved it.

1. blondepoet profile image68
          blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it was nice at all either please see my comment.I feel what Misha said was in a respectful manner and he was only stating an opinion of many that also deserves to be heard just as much as anyone else on this thread.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
            Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps I can add 5 cents to this.

Speaking on behalf of many of us who joined HP at the time of the last challenge: It was extremely noticable that we had a huge adsence of views on our earlier hubs from other hubbers, that we relied on to evaluate our works.

Everything DID slow down during the challenge as would be normal under such circumstances.

I don't know why you would take umbrage with Mishas post; it was not a 'challenge' or from our side of the fence; seen that way!

Perhaps on similar terms it could be seen on the same basis of when you were absence in hospital and several of us who were hubnuggets, missed out on having our hubs promoted via HP Newsletters.

We are all mainly intelligent people who do appreciate the sense of community that has been developed via regular forum input....... Perhaps a balance exists: As Misha asked: Has that point been fully explored?

Hey Pearldiver -- thanks for your thoughts, and believe me, I spend all day thinking about ways to help out the HubPages community and how to make us a better place for people of all types to hang out (even when I have shoulder surgery smile ), but I'm sure that there are plenty of other options that could be implemented. I feel like you all may be looking to deep into what I'm setting up here with the HubChallenge and the fact that we have several other Hubbers who are helping me with it (and the several Hubbers who are looking forward to joining it) tells me that it's not that bad of an idea.

I wasn't meaning to be rude, I wasn't meaning to be defensive and I definitely wasn't meaning to be disrespectful when I replied to Misha, but honestly I don't want to make this into a bigger deal than it needs to be.

It's a fun contest that 100% voluntary, if the community doesn't want to use it as a way to better their skills, have some fun and potentially increase their traffic/earnings, then absolutely no one has to do it.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and for taking the time to letting me know what you think, but from here on out if you, or anyone else has any other concerns I would please ask that they're not brought up in this particular post if at all possible. 

Thanks!!!

2. blondepoet profile image68

I don't think that is very fair to Misha in all due respect Ryan, he was just putting not only his view point across but also the feelings that a lot of us felt during the last Hub Challenge.
        In nearly all threads there is always controversy, as different Hubbers express their point of view, which is a great thing really, which shows we are all individuals and do not necessarily agree on the same thing, which does not make something neither good nor bad.
        As long as it is said in a respectful fashion it is always great to hear the views from both sides. It is only fair too, that the Hubbers who felt the lows, during the challenge last time, are free to have their say here too.
        I myself am not discouraging those who wish to partake in the challenge,for a lot of people it is a marvellous thing, I wish them really well, and I mean that sincerely, but I also feel for the ones who are not, who felt negative effects from the other challenge.

3. LondonGirl profile image80
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bit harsh there, mate!

Why is this so harsh? I swear if Mark Knowles would have said it we all would have thought he was being way too nice. smile

All I'm saying is that if all you have are negative comments and you're all against the entire idea of the HubChallenge, then there's an easy answer -- don't come into this forum. Not being harsh, just being real. There are some Hubbers who want to really step up their game a bit with the HubChallenge and I'm sure that negative comments aren't helping them achieve that goal.

1. ProCW profile image79
            ProCWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen! smile

2. profile image0
            Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Than you for speaking up for us Ryan. I for one really appreciate it. The tips from you and Darkside have been really interesting and helpful so far, and I expect that they will continue to be.

2. darkside profile image65

Actually, it's not really. Whether I agree with either party or either side, it's not.

If a person made posts in a thread in The Sandpit and told everyone how childish , pointless and fruitless those thread games are then the same could be said.

2. blondepoet profile image68

And this was a great one by Papermoon on the topic, one of the best hubs I ever did read, http://hubpages.com/hub/dedicated-to-Golden-Toad

3. Misha profile image63

Before everybody goes too far, and attribute to me things I never said, I am reposting my original post. All what I was asking about was if the opinion of the minority, represented by the linked hub, has been taken into consideration. No more no less.

If Ryan just answered something along the lines - "yes, we did consider it" - I would have been totally satisfied. I always maintain that this is HP business, and they are free to do what they are pleased with it. I just wanted to make sure that management was making an informed decision.

However, after explaining that they did consider this opinion, Ryan proceeded to put me in my place.  This is what really disappointed me (and several others) in his reply. And no Ryan, I don't believe you don't understand the difference between you and Mark Knowles saying similar words.

I am done with this thread, thank you for your attention.

4. darkside profile image65

Here's my thoughts (I had to back up a bit to find your comment, I missed it the first time you posted it but I'm only seeing now all snowball effect it's had)...

In reference to the hub that you're using for the basis of your argument:

Shibashake's opinion is "The Hub Challenge created an unhealthy competitive environment", however from the start, my only competition was me.

I wasn't trying to beat anyone else. It required a marathon effort, but not to win a prize. It pitted me against me.

Also "The Hub Challenge gave all the rewards to the internet marketers and stuck the rest of us with the bill". I'm blissfully unaware of any internet marketers who got all the rewards.

Call me selfish, but I was enjoying my increased earnings all to myself.

Though Shibashake got it right when he said "The Hub Challenge divided the HubPages community", but here's the thing. If a person doesn't like something, they've got a few choices. One of those choices is to avoid the thing they don't like. And the beauty of all this is that there's a whole separate sub-forum for it.

At the end of the day the 30DHC is what each individual makes of it. Which is much like HubPages in general. People can use it incorrectly. People can use it wrong. People can publish crap, or they can publish useful information.

I've got my mind set on 30 quality hubs. I've done it before, I know I can do it again. And if for whatever reason I fail to cross that line, I'm not actually a failure.

If anyone makes 30 hubs lacking quality, then they only themselves to answer to (and HubScore and the search engines).

1. Misha profile image63

Uh-oh, you are making me to break my word Glen. Just out of respect to you I can't leave your post directly addressed to me without an answer. smile

I am starting to think that I worded my original post wrongly, cause obviously neither you nor Ryan did not get what I meant. I don't really see though how I could say it much differently, without several pages of disclosures. Let me try one more time.

I do not support the opinion that challenges ruin Hubpages. Much less this current challenge, after a few days of watching what you guys actually are doing. Teaching people keyword research and SEO is a great thing, and I always was for this, and I like that side of current challenge quite a bit.

So, what was my point then? To make sure that management makes an informed decision. To make sure they know there is a serious opposition to the idea of challenges in general, and they considered pros and contras. It was not really clear from Ryan's post, and I just stumbled upon this hub a day or two before. There was no argument from my side, just information.

Again, there would have been no drama if not for Ryan getting defensive and telling me to shut up. I do think it was rude, but this is his problem, not mine.

You guys are really shooting yourself in the foot keeping this drama afloat, just let it go. smile

I am done with it, this time I hope forever smile

Okay, I misunderstood your stance, sorry Misha.

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64

I agree!  I did 102 which is possibly the most anyone did in 30 days... and I'm NOT an internet marketer!  I don't want to add to a discussion that should really be ended now, but for the new people wondering if any of this is right/wrong true/false or what the hell is going on... please people this is all opinion, and darkside and I proved that.  We're not greedy internet marketers and we did do the challenge and we did turn out only high quality hubs. 

Yes it's possible and YOU can join in - and if you hav a go and fail well at least you'll get some extra hubs done and nobody will mind in the slightest.

I do get a bit hacked off when people moan "you can'tpossibly produce high quality hubs in conditions like this" as if HubPages had us working in slavery!  If anyone can find me one of those 102 published during the last Challenge that was to a lower standard than my other hubs, I'll eat Hup's socks!

Anyhow.  Let's move on and bury the discussion about the rights and wrong and maybe one this we can all agree on - THIS forum is for people in the Challenge or wanting to follow it.  Not those who want to express an opinion against it - there is PLENTY of forum space for that or make a hub about it.  No restriction of your rights of free speech just not in this place - please?  And that's a request so the NEW people who need a bit of assistance and encouragement have the right place to come to get it without the waters being muddied.

42. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

Misha, I'm glad you posted that link.

43. Ryan Hupfer profile image61

I just posted my first pre-HubChallenge tip here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17663

44. Triplet Mom profile image66
    Triplet Momposted 14 years ago

I didn't make 100 in 30 last time but I am going to try for 30 in 30 sounds fun and I need the focus!!

45. muratos profile image60
    muratosposted 14 years ago

Well, I think I can complete this challenge around in 20 days by still keeping the quality of the posts high. Who's betting ? smile)))

Well, I guess there's only one way to find out. smile

46. ivanajohn profile image60
    ivanajohnposted 14 years ago

Hey there just to let you know that I am in for your 30 hubs in 30 days but I can't wait till the 24th so I am starting today big_smile

Well, OK then...haha.

Be sure to keep us updated!

Also, I'm going to go a head and post the instructions (there's only a few) for everyone to see in case anyone else is wanting to get after it sooner than this Friday.

2. ivanajohn profile image60
        ivanajohnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I gotta say that your your tips on how to find a hub are first class. Nice job! If the quality of your tips will be the same for other hub building topics then I reccomend everyone taking the 30 day 30 hub just for testing out all the tips and information that you will get on building Hubs/Websites online.

Any insights into what other topics you might be covering in your tips?

3. Debby Bruck profile image66
        Debby Bruckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello - haven't seen you in a while. Been too too busy with my webpage. Maybe I'll give it a go.

47. darkside profile image65

I've just blogged Part 2 of My Game Plan.

48. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Guys - are you aiming (as with the last one) to try and increase affiliate income?

I ask because I'm wondering whether to shoot for it or not. I have a really weird ability to write crap and make money from it. But I'd like to aim more at adsense to see if it actually makes a difference.

Or is it simply a learning curve type challenge?

I didn't do it to increase adsense - I'm not an internet marketer.  I did it because it was a challlenge.  And I've always been a sucker for a dare!

But yes the additional adsense income was good...

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image61

I can't really speak for anyone else, but I'm going straight for AdSense earnings.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to try to write atleast half of the hubs just for adsense. This is a really new thing for me. I've always targeted affiliate programs. So any tips for that will be greatly appreciated.

49. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Count the Cabin Girl in, I can write a Hub whilst reading in the toilet !

50. RGraf profile image87
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

Ryan,
    I'm going to shoot for the challenge, but I think the tutorials you are giving us are great!  I'm learning so much.  I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

1. dwilliamson profile image59
      dwilliamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wanted to say thank you to Ryan too because I am learning all kinds of new stuff. Thank you so much, Ryan. You are helping us all out a lot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)