Hmmm...this is new. The home of the new, ongoing 30 day HubChallenge!

Jump to Last Post 151-191 of 191 discussions (356 posts)
  1. parkerk393 profile image69
    parkerk393posted 14 years ago

I'm already 2 hubs in on my first day!

1. johnb0127 profile image61
      johnb0127posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great job!

2. viryabo profile image92
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

SPLAAAASSSSSSSH!!!! Im diving right in. missed the 'boat' yesterday. So swimming hard and fast to catch up with it offshore.
    I love this opportunity to write more hubs, as i feel ive not been writing enough.
    Im so excited and i absolutely adore HP for this.
    Question: can i link related hubs to each other in this 30-30?

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes you can.

1. viryabo profile image92
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Darkside.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Day 2, hub 2 for me and I keep missing my deadline. How is everyone else doing? good I hope. Actually some of you are like super writers, well done all.

1. Richard Ring profile image60
      Richard Ringposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doing OK but I did not set any deadlines for myself; too restrictive with life. I saw you like to work under pressure? I always wig out and do worse when I have pressure; I need to relax and have some house music on to write. Don't know how you do it! But if it works, keep at it ;p Good luck!

2. viryabo profile image92
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Day 1- Hub 3. I just hope i can keep up with this pace.

4. Violet Valerie profile image72
    Violet Valerieposted 14 years ago

Well, I meant to start yesterday, but had to meet a work deadline.  1 posted today, 29 to go...

1. Richard Ring profile image60
      Richard Ringposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Work Deadlines > HubChallenge Deadlines; we won't fire you. smile

5. wrenfrost56 profile image58

Well done violet! The great thing about this challenge is that you can start whenever you like as it's ongoing!

6. An Archigirl profile image62
    An Archigirlposted 14 years ago

Hi hub challengers!! I've just finished my second hub.I'm new to the internet marketing world... so this challenge is  for FUN and  to get the hang of things!...so far so good-1 hub a day seemed easy enough..but hmmm- I hope to keep up the pace.

7. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

You're all doing great!  You're producing hubs and having fun, that's what it's all about.  You'll see results with that formula everytime.

8. E. A. Wright profile image74
    E. A. Wrightposted 14 years ago

Third hub down. Got way too into it... I'll need a strategy for knowing when to break one hub into two.

Now off to check out what others are writing.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which hub, EA Wright?  I glanced throught quite a few of yours and I didn't see any that looked too long.  What is the word count?  Many hubbers see 700 words as their minimum and about 1500-1800 their cut-off.  It's entirely a personal preference and whatever you see covers the topic appropriately.

9. E. A. Wright profile image74
    E. A. Wrightposted 14 years ago

I wrote about the songs that kept my spirits up during a long distance relationship. Only about 850 words, but with more than a dozen on songs on the list, perhaps I should have done one hub on the "Top 10" in that category, then a second hub on the other almost-as-good songs.

Or is it really better to be as encyclopedic as possible within a single hub?

850 total is perfect for one hub.

Think about how you feel when you read hubs or other articles online.  Do you want a quick read or a thorough read?  I think it depends on the topic.

10. KCC Big Country profile image85

EA Wright, your hub looks great.  I went to check it out.  You did a great job with the photos, bolding some of the text for emphasis, and it is just downright attractive.

The only suggestion I have, and it's just a suggestion, is you may want to consider dividing your text up into more text capsules. I'm assuming you have an Adsense account.  If you do, you're going to want to give Adsense a place to put their ads.  They like putting one on the right side as high up as they can and you took that top slot with your sunset picture.  That's ok, I do it to, so they slipped in just underneath it.  The next thing they are going to want to do is slip a row in between your first and second text capsule.  Since you had one continuous text capsule, they had to slide in between your text and your last sunset picture.  I think that could hurt you a bit.  How?  They study the best places to be to optimize money making potential.  I think they could see that as hurting their money-making potential and that obviously will also hurt your money-making potential.

1. E. A. Wright profile image74
      E. A. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Took your advice, thanks. We'll see what happens.

11. Kidgas profile image64
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Dang, I'm worn out after only 3 hubs.  Or maybe cause it's 1 am.  I noticed that there is a lot less HP traffic in my traffic sources.  Found that interesting.  Not that I'm complaining about my outside traffic mind you.

HP traffic will get you fans, outside traffic will get you money.  Fans or money? 

People who want to read you will still read you. 

Personally, I take breaks sometimes and go read a few of my favorite hubbers.

1. Kidgas profile image64
        Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I have figured that out.  Don't have a ton of fans but that is OK by me.  The Adsense is starting to move in the right direction.

12. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Day 2 .............. Phew.. Published my First. smile

Awesome, Pearldiver!  I'll head off to read what you and Kidgas wrote!  Be back in a minute!

13. Kidgas profile image64
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Good job!

14. johnb0127 profile image61
    johnb0127posted 14 years ago

Already done 3 hubs, 2 days down.  This is fun!

15. KCC Big Country profile image85

You're kicking butt, John!  Did Parker decided to do it? I had emailed him and he said no, but then I noticed he posted 2 hubs and mentioned them as if they were part of the challenge.

16. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

http://www.rpparp.devisland.net/becky/images/Sneetches.gif

I've been meaning to write a book review on a Dr. Seuss book.  I finally got around to doing it.  1 down, 29 to go.

The Sneetches is my absolute favorite Dr. Seuss story.  Great lesson in that story!  Congrats on 1 down! I'm off to read it!

17. glendoncaba profile image73
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

I wanna, I wanna, a waana.  I want to.  Rules?  Registration?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17849

The link above has the rules.  Welcome aboard.

18. Queen of the Lint profile image60
    Queen of the Lintposted 14 years ago

Day 2 for me. Remind me why I thought this was a good idea? I'm feeling stressed already!

Ok...since you asked....you thought this was a good idea because you could see the results the Hub Team members had during the last challenge, you saw the fun and excitement that the current hub challengers were having and wanted to be a part of it, you saw the potential to increase your earning potential, and you felt you had what it took to meet this challenge head on.

Now....you still do.  Relax. You're doing fine. Everyone handles a 'deadline' differently. Would it take the pressure off if you thought about it as a homework assignment that isn't due until 28 days from now?  The goal was 30 hubs in 30 days, not one a day.  Relax if some days you don't publish a hub.  I posted my last schedule in one of these forums yesterday where I showed how I had 8 days were I published no hubs, and I still had 36 in 28 days.

1. profile image0
        sharongailposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey there. I am so glad you brought up the point that we don't have to do one hub a day for 30 days. I have already sent through 10. Things just started flowing through my mind. I am curious about the twitter thing, though. I have copied/pasted my url then behind it put the number sign and spelled all together hubchallenge. Now what I don't understand is why doesn't the column move? I am new to twitter and only have one person following. Please any help would be much appreciative.

19. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 14 years ago

Six down, 24 to go! smile

20. Mubin123 profile image64
    Mubin123posted 14 years ago

I've done 6 already. 24 more to go.  Looking to write more for today as will be out tomorrow.

21. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I'm only 3 down. 27 to go. I wonder if there are any special foods or drinks to stimulate the brain so I can get some writing ideas...  smile

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Find some then hub them!  Sounds like a great idea for at least one hub if not more...

There's no rocket science here - this is the kind of thing I get my ideas from...

2. quicksand profile image82
      quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any alcoholic drink would do! smile

22. An Archigirl profile image62
    An Archigirlposted 14 years ago

Day 3 and 3 Hubs down-I seem to be on target.So now I'm free to mingle in the forums:)

I joined hub pages 4 weeks ago-published one hub then ran out of ideas-didnt log in again until last week - came across the summer hub mob challenge and now I'm a hubmonster :-D (a green one)

I'm not sure how things work around the internet marketing bits...SEO -hmm still not sure what that is! I have seen a few forum tips on key words etc.But right now I'm just loving putting the hubs together- Feel free to lend your expert advice in the key word department!Critiques and compliments are welcome!

23. glendoncaba profile image73
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Day 3:  One hub so I'm up and running.

I've also created the blog and added that hashtag thingy to my twitter post.

Here is my blog:
    http://30hubs30days.blogspot.com/

24. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

5 done and 25 to go...

I'm finding that the more I surf online, then the more ideas I can incorporate into my hubs, specific additional keywords that relate to each hubpage at hand, even though I've done my keyword research for all of my hubpages, I can still find usable variations.

If really there are others struggling to write or get ideas for hubpages, just look at your books,dvds hobbies and interests and just write about them, it cuts down on time somewhat as you may know more about the things you know or have to hand than going out and researching something from scratch and plus it is more fun.....

25. wrenfrost56 profile image58

Hi everyone hope you are all enjoying the challenge. I just published hub 3 of 30 and today I actually made my deadline!

26. Lisawilliamsj profile image83
    Lisawilliamsjposted 14 years ago

I am in. I am getting in over my head, but it wont be the first time!!

27. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

I'm in too, although I will be spreading this out over my two IDs, this one and MichiganLover. Good luck everyone.  This is a great way to stretch our writing muscles.smile

I've got 3 done so far and working on a 4th tonight.

28. profile image0
    ChristopherDposted 14 years ago

Well, I am ahead but vacation time is coming up and it will screw me up.

6th day and I am on number 11 next time I can come up with a Hub.

29. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Is this a link to a facebook page that's a link to your hub?

Did you hear the news? There's just one thread to post your hubchallenge hubs. And this one isn't it.

So use the thread provided, and cut out the middle man and don't use the facebook redirection.

30. michaelchester profile image60
    michaelchesterposted 14 years ago

I am new to blogging, at least relatively new. Started this year and had somne distractions that had to take priority. Looking to dive in head first now and gain some serous experience. Two questions. Is it too late to join this challenge and do I have to register anywhere? Oh yeah, one more, if I pick a topic, am I locked into it for all thirty?

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not too late. It's ongoing, so your 30 days starts whenever you want it to start.

And you're not locked into the same topic. Do 30 different topics if you wish. Or do a few here and a few there.

If you do some that are related, you can cross link them, that's a good way to get your reader to stick around.

1. michaelchester profile image60
        michaelchesterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darkside, thanks for your prompt response. once again, I have some family business that will take me out of town for a few days but I am going to start my thirty days on Monday. Until then, I will spend my free time organizing my thoughts. Once again, thanks.

31. adsensesecrets profile image60
    adsensesecretsposted 14 years ago

I'm in. My first Hub Challenge!

Welcome aboard!  Have fun with it!  Be sure to read the three major threads at the beginning of the forum.  One has the rules, one is the place to post your links and the other gives you some info about the team here to help you!

2. johnb0127 profile image61
      johnb0127posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck!  Its my first one too and I love it so far!  You will too, I am sure

32. netadept profile image61
    netadeptposted 14 years ago

Count me in, 2 hubs down, 28 to go. I will do my best to submit quality writing. It will be a good exercise for me, I know I need loads of practice, and there is plenty of room for improvement in my writing style.

First Hub created July 28th (yesterday).

Time to make another cup of black tea. big_smile

-Netadept

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're off to a great start and have a winning attitude!

33. johnb0127 profile image61

Sixth day.... 9 hubs down.  This is fun!

34. bingskee profile image60
    bingskeeposted 14 years ago
    1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You keep posting these in the wrong thread...

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bingskee if you keep randonly posting your hubs in any old thread despite being asked SEVERAL times by myself and others to put them in the correct one, two things will happen.  Actually 3.

1. HubPages staff will delete the post as not in the appropriate place, as you've been told where to place these posts correctly.

2. People won't find them and look at them because they're in the wrong place, so you are losing traffic.

3. You'll annoy people so they won't either become your fan or look at your hubs. 

re no 3.  It's really irritating (at least to me) that I and several other people have asked you to post these in the right place and yet you carry on placing them wherever you feel like it.  And I'm happy to own that and say outright that it's irritating - and if I'm feeling that then I am sure a lot of other people must be too.

In case you're not coming back and checking the posts at all for replies (although I know you are because you acknowledged one request to stop doing this), I'm emailing this to you also via your profile, as part of our role on the HubChallenge team is to help users of these hubs get it right, so they get maximum fans, traffic and income from the HubChallege.  Which includes issuing warnings and taking action when we do help, over and over again and the advice is ignored and it's harming your chances of doing well here.

35. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Day 9 - I am really up for the challenge but have totally ran out of GENUINE things to write about. (as some are complaining about qualities of Hubs)

I was gonna write on Big Brother but BadCompany didn't think it was a good idea.

Nothing else comes to mind. Not a sausage.

Any idea's would be welcome, as I don't wanna drop out.

Cheers.

36. bluewings profile image60
    bluewingsposted 14 years ago

This is interesting.I've 17 straight days off.I want to give it a try.

Welcome aboard! We look forward to reading your hubs!

1. bluewings profile image60
        bluewingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks,KCC!smile

37. informixx profile image62
    informixxposted 14 years ago

This is cool! I will join this one.

Glad to have you too!  Look forward to reading them!

2. Trekkiemelissa profile image65
      Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome aboard. Jump on in when you are ready smile

You can add your hub links to this thread:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

Most importantly, have fun smile

38. johnb0127 profile image61

This HubChallenge is great!  Just published my 100th hub smile

39. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!

40. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 14 years ago

Ok, 8-5-09 is day 1, for me. First hub is live. This is going to get interesting, for sure!

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image58
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhhhh, yeah!!! Let us know if we can help you out!

41. Political LCSW profile image61
    Political LCSWposted 14 years ago

Ok, I'm starting today.  Day 1, Hub 1.  This is exciting.  I plan on learning so much from this and I plan on this experience leading to many more great things!

It'll be a great experience! Welcome aboard!  We look forward to reading them!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)