The Helpful Health Hubs contest: Official Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 301 discussions (622 posts)
  1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 14 years ago

Hey everyone,

We're excited to announce our fourth contest at HubPages: the Helpful Health Hubs contest, which begins this coming Monday, March 1st!

Every day, from March 1 through March 28, there will be a new subcategory topic within a broader subcategory topic, to write on. For example, the first week's subcategory topic will be Alternative Health, while a particular day's topic could be Homeopathy & Naturopathy. You can publish up to 3 Hubs in the day's topic (make sure you classify it under the right subcategory).

There will be a daily drawing for $50 among the day's eligible Hubs, which is completely random, so the more you publish (up to 3 per day), the greater your chances of winning.

Additionally, we'll have weekly winners ($100 each) of the "Best Hub" (chosen by our judges) and the "People's Choice" (chosen by you, in a poll on the Health page, that will run Monday noon through Wednesday noon after each week). From among the 4 Best Hub winners, a grand prize winner will be chosen by our judges for an award of $1,000.

Full details at the Health community page, including instructions and the official rules

Our judges:
    * Hemi Weingarten, owner of Fooducate (which has a terrific blog on eating healthy)
    * Tom Held, reporter for the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and blogger for their Off the Couch fitness blog
    * George Guerin, blogger for the Newark Star-Ledger's Health & fitness section, and founder/president of PPTS Wellness

Before you begin... please read the official rules at the bottom of the contest page. You must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of one of the following: US (50 states and DC), Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), UK, the Republic of Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.

You can publish up to 3 eligible Hubs per day, which must:
    * be categorized in the day's topic subcategory
    * be about the day's topic directly, not only tangentially
    * be completely original, your own work, and unique to HubPages and the Web
    * have a minimum of 300 words

Here's a converter you can use to determine the starting and ending time for each day's contest, relative to Pacific Time here in San Francisco, California, USA:

Time Zone Converter

The start of a contest day is at 12 noon in San Francisco, and ends the subsequent calendar day at 11:59 am in San Francisco (all Pacific time).

There's $3,200 in prizes up for grabs, so good luck!

This is the official contest thread, so feel free to ask questions and cheer each other on here. smile

1. hublim profile image68
      hublimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, great contest idea.

Is it only the hubs that are published on the day which are considered?

1. profile image57
        danial11posted 14 years agoin reply to this

HI all
        I,Mike Gordon,a new member. Hope to share a good time.

1. kcinmors profile image61
          kcinmorsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Lily Rose profile image85
            Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. rmcrayne profile image89
              rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LR don't quote the spammer!  They still get the link when their actual posts are snipped.  Maybe you can go back and call him/her out for his ridiculously prolific spamming to this forum, but not "quote" him, which perpetuates his link.

Oops!  I didn't realize that - thanks for pointing that out to me, Rosemary!

2. Pamela99 profile image89
          Pamela99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great. I like writing about health. I'll bet we'll have some outstanding posts.

1. easylearningweb profile image84
            easylearningwebposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful idea! It's also a great way to boost incentive for hubbers to write about health topics.

Where are the winners posted?

Thanks!
            :-)

1. profile image0
              B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank You for the info...I too, will be entering, but I wil not have a hub published until  Sunday. I have many pages to go through and I got pushed back due to an allergic reaction that caused a seizure yesterday and mt good friend had a baby, at home alone, last week.
              So, admist the set backs, I will , for certain, be entering this contest...if I do not win ..great..I would like to though, as would all of us..

lets have fun and enjoy it..I have a writing style that prevents me from making a daily hub, but my goal now is to have one published by every Sunday.

Thank you for the info and encouragement...

Kerry  smile

1. hqtan2003 profile image58
                hqtan2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, whee I could take part in?

2. Hub Llama profile image65
                Hub Llamaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Late to the party, but I might have to try this out.

2. Internetwriter62 profile image76
              Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

Sounds fantastic, and right up my ally, I love doing health articles. I'll be ready on March 1st. Thanks, the prizes are a great intensive.

1. Research Analyst profile image72
                Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Great idea!

1. profile image0
                  wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

That's fantastic, Jason.  I'm all over it.  I'll be a hubbing fool...

1. Green Lotus profile image61
                    Green Lotusposted 14 years ago

Terrific. I better get thinking creatively as I already have a few topic related Hubs published already. I know it's sometimes possible to move a Hub over to a Hubmob, but I'm assuming, since this is a real live paying contest, that HP is looking for new material smile Correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks.

It is NOT possible to move a hub over to a HubMob, unless you are referring to deleting the hub, and copying it over to a new hub, started from Princessa's link.

Green Lotusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I started a contest by clicking on the daily topic from within the official contest page, (as per the instructions), so I think (hope) this is one instance when we do not have to begin from Princessa's link.

Jason Menayanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the process is reverse. You should start via the HubMob link, and then simply categorize it correctly with the daily topic for it to be eligible for the contest as well.

Here's Princessa's post about this:
                          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37236#post847097

Oh my. I have written two hubs, one yet to be published, but I can't remember which one was started from Princessa's Hub. What is the quickest way to find out if my published health hub is official?
                            Thanks so much!

Green Lotus: I did see Chinese Medicine, Chinese Style among the eligible Hubs for yesterday's contest (Chinese Medicine). If that's the one you're thinking of, it was eligible!

Whoohoo! thanks Jason!

2. Lily Rose profile image85

That's only if you want to participate in the HubMob as well as the contest, right? 

Otherwise, if it's just for the contest, then starting the hub through the contest page's topic link is correct, right?

Yes, absolutely.

The links that we provide on the contest page are not even necessary. They just autocategorize the new Hub for you, so you don't have to select Health > Alternative Medicine > Chinese Medicine from the category drop-downs; it saves you a step.

2. janiek13 profile image77
                        janiek13posted 14 years ago

Is anyone eligible? I was under the impression that hubnuggets were for those who have been on hubpages 2 months or less.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
                          Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's confusion here.  Is this contest separate from the HubNuggets entries or not? That banner that appeared on the "my account" page earlier today linked to a discussion of HubNuggets.

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
                          Fawntiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyone is eligible (as long as they live in one of the geographic areas listed by Jason, and are old enough. See the official rules for details.) I think there was some mistake earlier that caused the confusion with HubNuggets, but HubNuggets is a totally separate and unrelated thing.

3. kerryg profile image83
                          kerrygposted 14 years ago

Ooh, excellent. I enjoy writing health hubs!

Do we have to start them on the day of the topic, or just publish them on that day?

You can start writing them now if you like - you can see the full topic calendar on the contest page - but you should take very good care not to publish them until the eligibility period. We will only count those Hubs that were first published during the contest. So you should only save them unpublished until then.

So, for example, if you write a Hub on home remedies, be sure not to publish it even a second before noon (Pacific) on Tuesday, March 2nd, and not a second after 11:59 am (Pacific) on Wednesday the 3rd.

1. kerryg profile image83
                              kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I'm expecting a busy March, so it will be helpful to have a little bit of a head start. smile

I'm totally on your wavelength kerry.  Thanks for asking the question!

2. PegCole17 profile image94
                              PegCole17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is my first contest so please guide me . . I created and published my Home Remedies Hub this morning using the contest tab and choosing the link to Tuesday's category.  Is there anything else I need to do? Like post a link to the hub??? Here?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
                            Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

This contest should really be a good one and I look forward to reading everyone's Hubs in it!

1. Internetwriter62 profile image76
                              Internetwriter62posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I look forward to reading your health hubs as well, you write fantastic health hubs, I'm sure you must have something very informative in the works.

3. alexandriaruthk profile image59
                            alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

this is a very nice idea

4. profile image0
                            Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I just saw that when I logged in. Very cool idea, guys. And for those who enter good luck! not my thing but I know that there will be plenty of hubbers hubbing on these topics you have provided. Have fun!

5. Sufidreamer profile image77
                            Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Damn - not eligible. I have a few half-finished health hubs, too. sad

1. profile image0
                              shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are eligible...it is open to everyone, is it not?  It is open to the UK x

1. Sufidreamer profile image77
                                Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Shaz  - How are things?

Hopefully someone might clear up the legal definition - although a British citizen, I am not resident in the UK.

Sufidreamer - I think you're a resident of Greece, right? If so, I'm afraid you're not eligible.

Legal residency is the requirement for eligibility, not citizenship.

Our first 3 contests were limited to US residents only, so this represents the first foray into non-US eligibility. With subsequent contests, we hope to open eligibility to more countries, but it will be done on a country-to-country basis to ensure we are equipped to deal with their rules.

Hi Jason,

Cheers for the quick response

No worries - hopefully it will be sorted out in the future. smile

2. Purple Perl profile image48
                                    Purple Perlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love health hubs,but unfortunately the contest does not include Indian hubbers like me! Waiting to enter the next contest at least! smile

2. profile image0

Awww... Sufi.  Come home! The UK needs YOU! x

2. cashmere profile image77
                              cashmereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here not in an eligible geographic location!

1. emievil profile image67
                                emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here sad. Was so excited to read about the contest then I read about the eligibility rules. Definitely disappointed sad.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
                                  Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Emie lets fly to one of these locations. How about New Zealand? big_smile

1. emievil profile image67
                                    emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Australia's nearer.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
                                      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
                                        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are not the only whos is disppointed so I am hehehehe. How is it going emie and UH too.

2. cally2 profile image61
                                        cally2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

New Zealand's nicer

3. frogdropping profile image77
                              frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Are you permanently in Greece Sufi? I spend quite a lot of time in the UK (more than 3 months out of the last five for instance) and have a residence there. As in - I don't need to use hotels and the like smile

I go back again the start of May. Not sure whether you do the same?

Cheers FrogDropping

Haven't been back for well over two years - for some strange reason, my family all want to come over here to visit. Can't work that one out hmm

@Shaz - mmmm... Swap the sun, sea, beautiful scenery, ancient history and Ouzo, for cold, rain, and working in a supermarket.

Tempting, but Greece just shades it.

I am sure that the UK will do just fine without my moaning and complaining big_smile

2. EFPotter profile image62
                                EFPotterposted 14 years ago

I am SO excited for this contest! I wrote all the days and topics out on my whiteboard and I'm already planning. And that planning process helped the juices get flowing and come up with some other hubs! I think this contest is going to be great for the experience and hub count, and learning, as well as the nice little cash incentives. I feel like it'll really give me a chance to thicken my hub portfolio.

3. Karina S. profile image59
                                Karina S.posted 14 years ago

Great idea!

4. glendoncaba profile image74
                                glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

I must have penned at least 10 hubs on health and fitness, and would dive right in, but for the following:

ELIGIBILITY:
                                CONTEST OPEN TO INDIVIDUAL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM, THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.

1. darkside profile image63
                                  darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whereabouts do you live?

1. glendoncaba profile image74
                                    glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of the above. sad

Paradise.  smile

Jamaica.

2. darkside profile image63
                                  darksideposted 14 years ago

Brilliant! I also like the fact that you've explained what's expected each day and it's not a complete surprise on the day of each competition what the topic is.

I think that will make for better thought out and planned content.

3. glendoncaba profile image74
                                  glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

One thing you can't change: country of birth. 

BTW if I could I would have picked Switzerland or Egypt.  Neither of which qualifies.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
                                    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Country of birth matters naught.  It matters where you legally reside now.

1. glendoncaba profile image74

Wanna sponsor me a green card????  I should think not. 

OK then.  Happy hubbing in the contest.

Birth is a predictor of residence.

A most exclusive contest on an otherwise inclusive platform.  Dilutes the global flavour of hubpages. 

Hey!  Get on with it!  It's a start.  Sooner or later diversity will be facilitated in eligibility.

4. slosiowski profile image57
                                  slosiowskiposted 14 years ago

Contests on hub pages are so sweet. That would be sick if i won this lol

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
                                  mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

How frustrating. I am away from 1st to 17th March on holiday, so won't be able to enter. Will there be a regular monthly competition now, or are they only going to feature occasionally???

1. soni2006 profile image79
                                    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I am really sorry. I am not eligible but still I will do the health hubs which I have been doing for the last month. Lets see what traffic it brings in.

2. jimmythejock profile image82
                                    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

Fantastic News Lol A Hubpages Competition that Jimmythejock is actually elligble to enter, woo hoo!!! I wont win but I always have great fun in the hubcontests and i urge everyone to have a go.....jimmy
                                    P.S Contest hubs are usually great for getting visitors
                                    good luck and thanks Jason and the hub team I look forward to this one

3. Sue Adams profile image96
                                    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

So what is the situation with those of us who spend half their time in the UK and the other abroad? Are we still eligible?

It depends on where you are a legal resident during the time of the contest (March 1-29 is when you would be publishing your Hubs).

4. Sue Adams profile image96

On Timing:
                                    Londoners then will have to get up at 4:30am to start publishing their hubs before 4:30am the next day. Not sure if this is good for my health  hmm even if I was eligible. sad

You can begin working on your Hubs whenever you like. They just have to be published for the first time during each day's contest period. I believe London is 8 hours ahead of Pacific time, so your contest period local time would be 8pm to 7:59pm the next day.

Everyone has to sleep around 7 hrs a night, right? People in the UK will just have less time to publish before heading to bed, and more time after they wake up in the morning. smile

1. Sue Adams profile image96
                                        Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok thank you Jason.

2. Lily Rose profile image85

This is probably a stupid question, but just to clarify - if I've already started writing something for the contest, I can go ahead and create the hub now and save it as unpublished, then publish it on the appropriate day (at the appropriate time) for the contest and that would be okay?

These hubs can, like all others, include links, pictures and/or videos?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
                                          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, definitely.  That's very clear in the instructions.

I don't see any reason why not - HubPages wants good quality proper Hubs, and this contest is designed to stimulate that.

Thanks you for answering me, Marisa!  I thought that was my understanding but needed someone else's reassurance that I understood it correctly!

Thanks again!

2. rmcrayne profile image89

Hi Lily!  I know Marissa answered you, but, just wanted to point out Jason has covered this as well.  If you scan for his posts, he's addressed this twice.

Thanks, RM - guess I didn't scan too well!

3. thisisoli profile image70
                                        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just figured this out, we actually can't post our hubs till 8PM (PT) is 8 hours behind gmt, so noonPT time is actually 8pm our time!

Just a note lol, this is the fourth Hubpages contest that has been held since I Joined the site and it is the first that I have been elligible to enter. but even if I was not I would still as I always have done take part, it does not matter where you are from the hubs that you write for these contests usualy get a lot of visitors and you make money long term from them.
                                      I still reap the rewards from hubs published during the other contests and I consider myself a winner even though my entries were inelligable.
                                      Write your hubs, and reap the rewards from them and before long the prize money will be there in your earnings from the hubpages affiliates.
                                      you have everything to gain and just a few minutes of your time to lose so even if you are inelligable you can still be a winner by taking part.....jimmy

OK that's good news.

We are really glad you can participate this time, Jimmy!

We truly wish we could open the contest to everyone, but various countries' and jurisdictions' laws prevent us from doing so. Just for an example, here's why the Province of Quebec was excluded.

And for those at home for a partial month, keep in mind you can still win a daily drawing for those days you are publishing, and there are weekly contests you can participate in.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
                                            JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does Indian law not permit?
                                            Thanks,
                                            Jyoti Kothari

If I were in your situation Jyoti, and if I were able, I would seek out the laws that apply and find all the relevant information, and along with the source links, send it to HubPages HQ so they've got a head start in figuring it out before the next competition comes along.

Hi Darkside,

I have never heard about such law in India. However, I am not a lawyer and find myself unable to understand the legal matters.
                                                Hubpages have big infrastructure and they have also studied the law before starting the contest.

There may be some lawyer from India in the Hubpages who can also throw light on this issue. The forum is for enhancing knowledge and not every body do the whole lot of work.

It is better to ask the Hubpages authorities about the exact situation. They can easily clarify the legal situation. If it is legally not permitted in India it is perfectly all right to keep Indians out of the competition.

And if Indian law does not restrict such competition hubpages authorities should allow them to take part in the competition.

Thanks,
                                                Jyoti Kothari

I think you'll find that HubPages don't have a big infrastructure and they can't do everything at once. The first competition they ran (Hub Love) was only open to US residents.

Since they've managed to expand the allowed countries by looking into the specific laws pertaining to each country. Some countries require registration of a competition that involves prizes. And sometimes it depends on the criteria of the competition.

Competitions with the winners based solely on luck in Australia requires registration by the competition promoter for each state. You can't sell raffle tickets at school fetes in Australia (though there is a loop hole if they include a 'guessing competition' on each ticket, guess the missing letters in this word).

Seeing that the preparation and planning has been done for this competition I can't see HubPages being able to include any countries that are not already mentioned in the list.

I thought that Hubpages have big infrastructure. It will be better if they include other countries in the competition.

May some lawyer point to the question, not my cup of tea.
                                                    However, i have never heard of a law preventing any competition with prize money in India.

Thanks,
                                                    Jyoti Kothari

Jyoti, HubPages does not have a big infrastructure - it has only a very small staff. 

Many other websites restrict their contests to US residents only - in fact, several other much bigger websites won't even pay non-US residents.  They have to be very careful not to break any laws and it's not always easy to get accurate information about a foreign country's legislation.  The absence of information (which is all you're offering) doesn't necessarily mean it's OK - if they want to avoid prosecution, they need positive confirmation.  What do you want them to do, hire a lawyer in every country?

2. glendoncaba profile image74

Thank you Jimmy for your optimism.  Well, more than that really...you've got the goods...the experience. 

In fact, HubPages may want to come up with incentives for ineligible participants.  Perhaps share 2.5% of their sponsorship revenue from the hubs during the contest period.  smile

3. Purple Perl profile image48
                                            Purple Perlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing Jimmy. But did you click the contest button to publish your hubs when not eligible. Does that not disqualify you?
                                            Sure glad you can participate this time! smile

4. Princessa profile image80
                                            Princessaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great advice Jimmy.  We'll work something out for all of us (includiong me) who are not eligible.  Like you say, this is a perfect occassion to join in the fun and earn views, publicity and passive income for the rest of us.

lmao, Sue go for it girl you got an admirer, who said hubpages wont change your life hahaha.....jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, I might just do that.

3. lender3212000 profile image58
                                          lender3212000posted 14 years ago

Sounds like fun! Time to do a little brainstorming...

4. heart4theword profile image61
                                          heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Read about this last night!  This morning woke up with a whole list of topics to right on related to health:)  Excited and challenged to be creative!  Thank you Helpful Hubs:)

1. Dao Hoa profile image61
                                            Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Thanks Hub Pages staff. It will be fun to write next month!

2. profile image0
                                            shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Can we put the hubs toward the 30 day hubchallenge as well as the contest?

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
                                              Fawntiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that's fine.

3. ripplemaker profile image77
                                            ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

This is a wonderful idea! Way to go Hubpages!  We can't join officially but we can still write big_smilesmileD)  woohooo good luck to all the contestants!

4. megs78 profile image59
                                            megs78posted 14 years ago

well, I'm out.  That sucks, but I'm used to it, Quebec is excluded from everything.

1. IzzyM profile image86
                                              IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I haven't read this thread all the way through,so apologies if its been discussed already.
                                              I am living in Spain, but hold a UK passport. I also have a permanent address in the UK as well as here. Am I banned from joining in?

1. IzzyM profile image86
                                                IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Oh just found it earlier in the thread. I am NOT a legal resident of Spain.

2. IzzyM profile image86
                                                IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Ah well....I'm just an in-betweeny so I guess I'm out.

I'm in the same situation Izzy. Nice to find another xpat in Spain anyway.

2. Corinne Floyd profile image61
                                                  Corinne Floydposted 14 years ago

Read about the contest last night and have been planning today.  Great idea.  I look forward to writing.

3. Cassidella profile image67
                                                  Cassidellaposted 14 years ago

So excited to enter this contest! The topic provides all the motivation needed! Now just need to get into the flow of it all. Looking forward to the great hubs that will be generated by this wonderful idea! May we all have fun with the challenge!

4. Mama Sez profile image64
                                                  Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

Huhuhuhu I'm not eligible sad  Hope HP will come up with something that includes ASIA (I'm from the Philippines)

5. soni2006 profile image79
                                                  soni2006posted 14 years ago

Excellent contest, though I am not eligible but then also I will take part just for writing excellent hubs.

6. profile image0
                                                  khmohsinposted 14 years ago

It sounds great but the geographical limitations are disappointing.

I agree. Why have the limitations anyway?

1. chinweike profile image60
                                                      chinweikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

is a legal stuff

7. Sue Adams profile image96

Also, why aren't there any female judges?

chinweikeposted 14 years ago

wishing all that qualifies to participate the best since am a Nigerian that currently reside in Nigeria. Hoping that subsequent contests will accomodate Nigerians

1. profile image0
                                                      shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Can anyone tell me if I can put hubs in the contest toward the hubchallenge as well?

Any hub you produce (be it for this competition, hubnuggets, etc) can most certainly count as being towards your personal hubchallenge tally.

1. profile image0

Thanks DS and congrats on your e! X

2. Phoenix Files profile image60
                                                      Phoenix Filesposted 14 years ago

I have a question: what about something on portion size of food? where would that fit?

My suggestions, and I have no "authority" here, just another hubber/contestant: 

Week 2, Healthy Diets
                                                        Week 2, Weight Loss Tips and Advice
                                                        Week 4, Nutrition Tips and Advice

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
                                                      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Fantastic News...A Hubpages competition that we in Canada are eligible to enter. Thank you hub team.
                                                      I look forward to this months writing.

4. wrenfrost56 profile image55
                                                      wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Well if this doesn't keep me motivated next month nothing will. Thank-you for this, it's really cool. smile

5. Phoenix Files profile image60
                                                      Phoenix Filesposted 14 years ago

What about something on portion size of food when controlling your diet?  Where would this fit in?

Was my previous post not helpful?  It is 3 posts above.

1. Phoenix Files profile image60
                                                          Phoenix Filesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi rm, you know me--lol--ok so week 2?

Week 2 or week 4. 

What the heck happened?!?!  Is that account closed?  I couldn't find it.

If you mean the wsp2469 account--yes it is closed.  Another account under w. scott phoenix was also banned.  This current account is a tribute account to wsp2469.
                                                              All i can say here is that I have access to a bunch of unpublished wsp2469 material that i hope to publish here as time goes on.
                                                              wsp2469 was officially banned after asking admin to review changes made to a flaggedhub.
                                                              the hub was flagged over a month ago n corrections were made and submitted for approval a month ago .
                                                              a month later after making three requests to have the edited hub revfiewed n republished the account was banned.
                                                              that's all i was
                                                              uh
                                                              told
                                                              n this account will be publishing further wsp2469 material that had not been published but was intended for HP.
                                                              wsp2469 has officially moved on to his own website and or back to his column on the todaysrecipepro.com website
                                                              i am phoenix files and thats all i can tell you now

Wow, I was going to ask wsp a question/request a hub.  Something I thought would be right up his alley...

Ask away and I'll see what I can do.  He may be "dead" to HP but he HATES the fact that the banning deleted his fan base.  He really liked the people here more than he admitted. 
                                                                  Right now he is working on a piece on The Beatles for his column on his boss' website.  He is also working on putting some of his poetry--published and unpublished--on his very own website.  He has to write at least one piece a month to cover the cost of his website and doesn't have to deal with advertising!

2. profile image53
                                                        pen2010posted 14 years ago

I really realize this topic

3. alexandriaruthk profile image59
                                                        alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

I am sure going to read lots of hubs, and I hope I can put a one or two and join the contest!

4. rebekahELLE profile image86
                                                        rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I just browsed the topic subcategories to see what has already been written. some groups have more hubs than others. might be helpful to check out titles, etc.

good luck everyone.

1. profile image56
                                                          The Curmudgeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apparently there hasn't been sufficient forethought invested in this contest before its announcement.

Granted, I'm a "Newbie" here -- but I've been writing for years -- even if only bits and pieces were published.  Some work doesn't automatically and spontaneously spring forth from the brain -- and research may help to boost quality and usefulness.

One's best work shall but rarely be rushed !!!

Ever hear of PLAN AHEAD ????

If you'd pre-determined the Daily Topics and incuded the schedule in your announcement, those of us who are "Plodders" might  have been better served !!

They were pre-determined and they've been on the official contest page for the last 4 days.

5. world of the wise profile image67
                                                        world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

If i was legible, i would have won everything

You probably meant to say eligible, right?  Well, I'm guessing, based on your post and your arrogance that, if your were eligible, you would probably be illegible!

chinweikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehehe

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
                                                              GeneralHowitzerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rofl on that really! big_smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
                                                        Necessary
                                                        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
                                                        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
                                                        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
                                                        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Features
                                                        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Marketing
                                                        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
                                                        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
                                                        Statistics
                                                        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
                                                        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
                                                        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)