Thanks to God for our patriotic military personnel!

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (317 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 11 years ago

I have a huge respect for our American soldiers.  Especially for those who haven't forgotten what God and Country is all about.   And who haven't forgotten that there's a second verse to this patriotic song.

http://youtu.be/f9_bP219ehQ

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A theocracy is the least American system possible and one which the founding fathers intentionally guarded against.

1. Chris Neal profile image78
        Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are correct. But they never intended for America to be free from theology, either.

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No it wasn't to be free from theology. It was supposed to blind the masses to actions of the few who were deceitful under the guise of equality and equal rights. lol

What? That doesn't even make sense.

Oh, wait a minute, you're making a joke! Okay!

lol

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
              Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Chris!  Are playing catch-up or what?  You seem to be on every thread!  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Yes. For a few days I had no access to any computer, and then I had 150 posts to catch up on!

I once told Castlepaloma that this has started to become a real time-suck. And now my wife is complaining that I spend too much time on this.

Wonder if anyone would miss me?

Sure we would miss you!  You make us feel better about not being religious! smile

Aww, Randy! I didn't know you cared! wink

2. Cagsil profile image71

It doesn't make sense, huh? What exactly doesn't make sense?
              Now, you think what I said was making a joke? I don't see what's funny.

The inception of America was a disguise by the few who possessed power and wealth in the colonies, and those few didn't want to have to deal with the British government and it's pathetic taxation on the Economy.

So, to "free" themselves(power and wealthy) from that taxation tyranny(British rule), the select few formed an ideology for America. However, if you notice, equality and equal rights for all is supposedly the basis for it. Why? Because it produces growth, on an individual level and on an Economic level. This particular idea was sold to the masses of the colonies.

Thus, the Constitution was written and the Declaration of Independence was also written. Creating America. But, when you honestly look at history- Equal Rights was a lie, a falsehood. How? Easily, blacks and women weren't seen as equals THEN and it took a long time for slavery to end, and women today STILL DO NOT have equal rights.

So, don't tell me that America was founded on anything other than manipulation of the people. It's been happen ever since AMERICA was established.

We often hear from the believers how America was founded on God, and actually, there is something to this.  They used the god of the Old Testament to excuse wiping out the native inhabitants and taking over their land, as well as, using African slaves to develop and build the infrastructure of the new country.

Freedom apparently means different things to different people.  It depends on one's position in society and religious beliefs as to the particular definition of freedom one adheres to.  Religion and politics are hopelessly intertwined in America's society, much to the detriment of our quest for true freedom.

Yeah, I know Randy. wink

1. JSChams profile image60
                    JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh so neither of you guys are Americans right? Because you would be guilty also right?

2. Chris Neal profile image78

Um, okay.

First, I didn't understand what you were saying, so I decided that the laughing icon meant you were making a joke. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Okay, I begin to understand some stuff better. But the history of America is much, much broader and deeper than the actions of a few relatively wealthy individuals. You're absolutely right that equality was not practiced equally among all peoples. However, in the north blacks did enjoy equal rights with whites. Not so in the south, that's true. And it's true that Jefferson and Washington owned slaves, that's not a secret. Washington keeping the slaves because he was bound to and freeing them on his death (which you may or may not believe) is a well-known story, but I'm still in the dark about Jefferson. The whole Sally Hemmings thing is probably untrue. And the Three-Fifths Clause that is so often reviled as pro-slavery was actually anti-slavery.

The Pilgrims were not rich landowners.

The thing about women not having equal rights is a lot more complicated than many people would like to admit. And the sheer contentiousness of the issue keeps me from getting into it now. Let me just say that if the ERA had passed, it would have had little effect on the situation as it stands now.

3. JSChams profile image60

So then there must surely be a better place than America that you could hold forth as the standard by which we should live and govern our affairs. Enlighten us please.

You're funny! A better place than America? Presently living in America still isn't worse than living in a great many other places. If it's your place to tell me to go live in another country which is more to my liking? Then, I would suggest you get over yourself already.

I was born and raised in America. I AM a Citizen and if you don't like, too bad. The fact that you're willing to accept the things which have been done in this country on behalf of so-called protection of society, and continue to allow them to happen, shows YOU are not part of the solution, but are part of the problem.
                  Enlighten you? It might not be possible. Why? Because, you have a self-righteous ego that is disgusting. You blame one side of the aisle, but fail to admit blame on your side you protect. That's called being closed minded or narrow-minded. Which you are is seen in your actions.

You can label me whatever it is you like. I don't fit into any category of the political spectrum because I have an understanding that freedom only comes with individual personal responsibility.

I don't agree with many laws which are on the books. I also don't agree with laws which should have been removed but haven't been, because they are just so absurd in today's day and age.

I know where my individual rights end. Do you? From what I have gathered by your posts, you apparently find it acceptable to tell others how to live their life and if they don't, then you have no problem USING the government to make them.

I find that action in and of itself, a violation of civil rights and proof you don't know your place in this world, much less society of America.

Oh it's quite possible to enlighten me and no I wasn't suggesting you live anywhere else at all. You misunderstand all that.

I am an American born and raised to but for some unearthly reason I am supposed to wish our nation to morph into Norway. Do you understand that because I surely don't?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even the gay atheist ones?

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed, as long as they honor America's foundation and people.

3. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Being a former Marine, I have a lot of respect as well, but the religious part has become outdated in my opinion.  We must move forward now, as there is no need to remain ignorant.  Religious oppression should not be a requirement for freedom.

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Since when is "religious oppression" part of freedom?

ANY form of oppression is ANTI-freedom, don't you think?

1. getitrite profile image72

It's not a part of freedom.  Did you actually read what I wrote?

Yep.  Like my dad making me go to church as a teenager, with the threat of violence, after I told him I was atheist.  Or being asked to bow my head and pray at office gatherings, after I made it clear I was atheist.

Or being told by a psychiatrist that I should go to church, after I made it clear that I was atheist.

1. aka-dj profile image66
            aka-djposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear your father "oppressed" you with religion!!!
            This thread, however, is about the war, and the soldiers in that war, and honouring & respecting them for the effort and sacrifices they make. Slightly different, I think!

dj, sometimes I think you are just not focused.

2. Chris Neal profile image78

What psychiatrist advocated going to church? That's not the usual.

I'm sorry about your dad, but that was one experience. Don't get me wrong, and I'm sorry if I come across as minimalizing it, because I'm not. I don't doubt that it was bad. But America is not about forcing people who don't believe to go to church, any more than it should be about forcing those who do believe to shut up. There should certainly be room for all.

But it did happen.  The psychiatrist convinced herself that my problems would be reduced if I went to church...then she attempted to convince me, no matter what my views were.

Tell that to the many young children who were forced to believe that their parent's psychotic religious beliefs are TRUE.  Tell that to the people who have lost their jobs after revealing that they were atheist.  Tell that to the person who's family disowned him/her, when they came out as atheist.

Yes you are minimizing the issue.  But as an indoctrinated blind follower, I expect you to deny the many wrongs your terrible religion has done.

I owe you an apology. I never meant to minimize the issue. I'm truly sorry for what you went through, and if all the other stuff was also you then I'm sorry for that too. I know what it's like to have your pain be minimized by someone else, and I should have known better. I hope you can forgive me.

Apology accepted. smile

2. JSChams profile image60

So if you oppress me as a Christian you are just righting a wrong right?

Of course you are the one who thinks your ridiculous wordview is superior, because you and your kind are the ones arrogantly asserting your silly beliefs, while we only react to your nonsense with reason.  You are not being oppressed.  You are just being challenged. 

If you don't want to be challenged, try speaking the truth instead of LIES about some imaginary Bronze Age, silly myth.

4. H P Roychoudhury profile image41
      H P Roychoudhuryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am not an American rather I am an Indian. But the sacrifice of American soldiers in the fight against highly skilled terrorist is immense and they deserve the highest honor, love and respect.  God is love and so the Country and there is no hesitation to sacrifice the life for the cause of the country.

5. samsons1 profile image60
      samsons1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Way to go Brenda!  I also vote for God and country...

1. profile image0

Awesome! smile

6. profile image0

Repeating.

7. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60
      Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen, Brenda.  I believe so too that we should pray for not only protection, but also for guidance and enlightenment for US military  personnel as they have offered their very lives to serve their country in the name of freedom and democracy, that in the end, I may see God glorified in their efforts to help free the abused and defenseless people of the world, now concentrating their efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq, and in other nearby areas where terrorism has become a problem to many freedom loving people of all races and creed.

I pray for enlightenment too of those who may be lost in their actions and in their faith.

1. profile image0

Edwinoel, you said it so well.   Yes, may God draw ALL men toward Him; may He keep and bless our soldiers! smile

1. Friendlyword profile image60
          Friendlywordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just so I can gauge your level of sincerity when you say "Yes, may God draw ALL men toward Him; may He keep and bless our soldiers"

Do you mean:
          GAY STRIAGHT BLACK WHITE MUSLIM CHRISTIAN BUDDIST ATHIEST AGNOSTIC FEMALE
          SOLDIERS?

1. profile image0

I pray that He draws all people toward Him, yes indeed.  I have no doubt that He will, or has already at some point, because He said He would.   It's just my way of personally conforming my will to His will, of following Him, of Loving the souls of all people like He does.   I don't have access to knowing if He has already called personally every soldier.  But since they're facing possible death in battle, it's certainly my hope that they either have or will accept Christ as their Savior.  Just like we all will face death sometime.

Saved or not, I hope He keeps all soldiers safe.  For their personal well-being, and hope for their futures.   And especially for their spiritual well-being.  I want every person to go to Heaven after they die.  I can't make that choice for them.  They have to make it.

So, certainly I want God to keep them all, and to bless them.

Now, if there's any of them who are in the military for the purpose of being a traitor, or for the purpose of pushing their personal activism agenda, etc., then I would still want God to draw them toward Him, but no I wouldn't want God to bless their efforts in that regard.  I mentioned the Fort Hood killer.  He either infiltrated the Military to start with, or else he turned traitor afterward.  Either way, he wasn't patriotic; he killed some of his fellow soldiers.    I believe my Lord.  So I believe that that killer had the opportunity at some point to go to the Lord and be born-again, or...since he's still living, I believe the Lord will give him the opportunity to repent and be saved if he hasn't already.    God gives everyone a chance.  The Military should've vetted him better if they could've.   But still the responsibility is the killer's.
            You've pushed a very real issue here into play.   The patriotism part.   The Fort Hood killer's religion prevented him from being patriotic, apparently.  Not that every Muslim would view things the way he did, I'm sure.  Nor that every Christian is infallible.   But it's a consideration that should be analyzed and weighed on the balance scale of National security and sovreignty.  In a situation as serious as military life, there needs to be some better way of vetting a candidate.   Just like there should be more intense vetting of Presidential candidates.   Those two places (our military and our government) are serious, powerful positions.   Not everyone is fit to be in either place.  We shouldn't take those things lightly at all.

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
              BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

You think you and Cags can dance?  Listen and learn(if I don't get banned again)

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Only you would post something with "G/god" in it, in a political and social issues forum thread.

As for the "God and Country" statement, it's absurd as usual.

Yes, I realize you see "God and Country" as a political and social issue, unfortunately what you fail to realize is that religious tyranny is oppression.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Brenda - thanks for reminding us to show appreciation to our active-duty service members and to all those who have served.  You are right, we need to be thankful for their sacrifices.

1. profile image0

Hi Marcy.  Thanks, and you're welcome.  I hope I never forget to thank the One who gave me Life and the soldiers who protect us all on a daily basis.  Hope your Memorial Day weekend is great!

4. profile image0

Memorial Day Poem
    by Edgar A. Guest

The finest tribute we can pay
    Unto our hero dead today,
    Is not a rose wreath, white and red,
    In memory of the blood they shed;
    It is to stand beside each mound,
    Each couch of consecrated ground,
    And pledge ourselves as warriors true
    Unto the work they died to do.

Into God's valleys where they lie
    At rest, beneath the open sky,
    Triumphant now o'er every foe,
    As living tributes let us go.
    No wreath of rose or immortelles
    Or spoken word or tolling bells
    Will do to-day, unless we give
    Our pledge that liberty shall live.

Our hearts must be the roses red
    We place above our hero dead;
    Today beside their graves we must
    Renew allegiance to their trust;
    Must bare our heads and humbly say
    We hold the Flag as dear as they,
    And stand, as once they stood, to die
    To keep the Stars and Stripes on high.

The finest tribute we can pay
    Unto our hero dead today
    Is not of speech or roses red,
    But living, throbbing hearts instead,
    That shall renew the pledge they sealed
    With death upon the battlefield:
    That freedom's flag shall bear no stain
    And free men wear no tyrant's chain.

5. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

@ts i have respect for all soldiers world over...it takes something to be soldier ...god or without god doesnot matter...

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lapkomxGsy1qdqya3o1_400.jpg

Help me understand this picture.  Did this dead Soldier or his Family approve of this comment under his image?

Was this some intentional insult to the Murdered Soldiers' Family?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Yes, shortly after his death, Pat Tillman approved this image...

"Did this dead Soldier or his Family approve of this comment under his image?"

ok...that is a really embarrassing mistake. I can't take it back!

wink

In case you honestly don't understand the image...

Pat Tillman, the man pictured, was an atheist, NFL star, and outspoken critic of the war in Iraq.  He died in Afghanistan in a "friendly fire" incident.  You can easily find out more with a little research.

I honestly could not remember his name.  I knew he was murdered, I just didn't remember why(to my shame)he was murdered.  The story I remember is he was an outcast because he was a superstar football player that made the insane choice to join the army to show his Patriotism.  I didn't know anything about his religious views.  I never, ever heard anything about him being murdered because he was an atheist. I will do my research.

I still don't understand way you stuck this picture up here on the forum with no comment of your own?  I only want to understand what you were thinking or trying to say when you posted the picture with that very insulting Bush comment written under it. It just seems to be such an evil insult to his Family.

I think the picture speaks volumes without further comentary from me.  I will add however that the atheist who sacfrifices his life is giving up much more than a Christian who does the same.  Maybe Brenda will start a thread that pays tribute to those who give up what they know to be the remainder of their lives as opposed to the "believers" who are after all, just heading to their reward a little sooner.

WOW! Right on Ron!

What you gonna do Brenda?

1. profile image0

What am I gonna do, you ask?

I'm gonna continue to thank God first of all, and thank our U.S. soldiers.

2. Friendlyword profile image60

Most people are willing to die to defend their God and Country.  The problem is some really bad people don't think they should be allowed to fight for their Country!

http://www.watermarkonline.com/w-news/o … ty-honored

7. profile image0

Do you atheists want some cheese with your whines?

I would think you'd claim to have some honor and respect for the people who believe in laying down their lives for you.  That's what this thread is about.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, you put conditions on it.

I have great respect for all military personnel who risk their lives.

2. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then why bring God into it, excluding atheists and no doubt homosexuals, Muslims, and everybody else who isn't a WASP!

Why not just say that you have a huge respect for soldiers?

3. Friendlyword profile image60

Aside from the nit picking regarding God and Country; this is a great forum Brenda! Thank you for posting it. While we remember and honor our dead Soldier; I would like everybody to remember this survivor and his fellow Soldiers that saved him.

http://www.gadailynews.com/news/67883-g … istan.html

1. profile image0

That's a wonderful story.

8. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

God bless the USA and God Bless our troops who have protected us lo these many years.

If that offends someone I hope you understand you have the right to be offended and move to another country,

Thank you.

And NO I won't apologize for that remark...

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No need to apologize.  What you said is not offensive.  What Brenda said is sad, but it is Brenda, after all.

All Brenda said was God Bless America and God Bless our troops.

That's sad?

1. profile image0

Really?  That's all she said?  Did you forget this part?

"Especially for those who haven't forgotten what God and Country is all about.   And who haven't forgotten that there's a second verse to this patriotic song."

"Especially?"  Is a Christian who dies for his/her country somehow more deserving than an atheist?  Apparently so, in Brenda's world.

Those men and women died for all Christian or atheist. Most of them were and are Christians. Nobody said otherwise. That's what you and others here want to infer.
              If you have a problem with God go take it up with Him.
              You will find over this weekend a lot more voices saying thanks be to God and pray for our veterans than not. That's because most of us feel that way.....whether you believe we should or not and whether you believe in Him or not.

1. profile image0

I have no problem with you or anyone else believing in God.  I just think it's sad that Brenda felt the need to insert a wedge into her "blessings."  It reveals a lot, as does your defense of it.

No what's revealing is she had her throat stepped on first crack out of the box and the person doing so specifically said because she brought God into it. Nothing about a qualifier...he just didn't want the G word in there.
                  There was nothing wrong in what she said but true to form a progressive will do their best to try and make you shut up if what you said is not in step with what the regime wants. That's the facts.

1. profile image0

Disagreeing with you is not the same as trying to get you to shut up.

Really.

2. getitrite profile image72

It appears that the only way to confront God is by proxy, as He has never shown any evidence of his existence.  Apparently, He uses the most prejudice, self righteous, hateful people in society to convey his message.

You may beseech the blessings of any mythical figure you choose.  No offense taken.

3. American View profile image60
      American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am not offended by those who say God bless the USA or God bless the troops. Too bad those say that then draw a line in the sand saying if you get offended leave the country do not believe that some can believe in the USA and support the soldiers with saying God Bless. Why is that?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"I have a huge respect for our American soldiers.  Especially for those who haven't forgotten what God and Country is all about.  "

This was not saying God Bless to all troops...

Why should I let 20% of this country demand whether or not we should say God Bless?

9. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago

3 things get you asked to leave your own country by the RW'ers....

Supporting Obama

Not supporting Bush

Not praising their God

somehow, they have this notion that they own America.

10. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago
  11. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

amen...I just posted one about our precious soldiers...
    we are so blessed

http://pstraubie48.hubpages.com/hub/pst … ndeveryday

12. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

I think it's damn sad that Brenda's post put more emphasis on God than the troops... I also think it's damn sad that she's using those brave soldiers that passed on to purposely cause a Christian vs. Atheist thread.

And it's damn sad that she has manipulated you all into going along with it...  And since it's damn sad I'm here too I shall exit.

She didn't purposely cause anything. The left is so twisted they can't walk a straight line. That's where the first negative comment came from.

13. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

what a sad, sad thread. I'm just thankful that those who did give their lives in service did it for all people, and didn't put conditions on who they were fighting for. A country is made up of people, not labels.

14. gamergirl profile image83
    gamergirlposted 11 years ago

I, "Gamergirl," the transgender atheist anarcho-libertarian, am proud to have served in the United States Navy, even though it took taking myself out of the military to continue to be able to live.

To be far less cerebral and polite than I usually am toward Brenda, I say:

EFF YOU, Brenda, for making the sacrifices and trials of our soldiers, airmen, sailors, and jarheads, and making it about religion AT ALL.

15. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 11 years ago

I don't hear you Brenda...

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3137907.jpg

"We. we together. one being. flow together like water. till I can't tell you from me. now. now."   

The Thin Red Line
    Battle of Guadalcanal

17. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Maybe instead of thanking God for our patriotic military personnel we could
    simply thank the military personnel(patriotic military seems redundant, doesn't it?) directly for their service.

Thank you, ye brave men and women who don the uniform of their country!

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@mighty exactly....it is amazing that science and character of soldiers protect countries but credit is given to god for it!!!!!!!!!!!!...it is like someone giving life to protect us and we giving credit to sun for it...

That doesn't work.  No one gets to cry about being persecuted.

18. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

It is truly unfortunate that with all of our education, all of understanding of the issues mostly young innocent people have to die because we are incapable of effectively communicating unless the communication is based solely on force.

Some people have paid a great price fighting and dying for our country I wonder if we will ever be worthy of the sacrifices many have made?

1. profile image0

I don't think we're ever worthy as a whole.  Nor individually!  But we're (most of us) immensely grateful!
      Just as no one is worthy of Christ's sacrifice!  But many of us are immensely and intensely grateful!

If you're talking about the idea of "Can't we all just get along?", then...that theory, even though it sounds wonderful, will never wash.  Because there's always gonna be evil in the world, crime, terrorist minds/actions, etc.    So there will always be a need for protecting the innocent.

1. SpanStar profile image59
        SpanStarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree we will always have evil. I do  believe that we can be better than we are we simply choose not to.

With each passing day it seems as though people are moving further away from God rather than closer.

Relationships foreign and domestic seems to be based on strength rather than humility and respect.

1. profile image0

True.  It's sad.

As evidenced by what happened right after your first post in the forum, one i these days supposed to look upon God and Judeo-Christianity with scorn and derision. You are thereby somehow more tolerant.

The left stand on their heads and insist the rest of the world is upside down.

1. profile image0

Indeed.  And they want us to join them in that position. If seduction doesn't work, they try bullying.  I prefer my feet on the ground and my head turned upward lookin' for Jesus!

I'm considering a hub about what it is to deal with those folk....the different personalities they will send you way to try and sway you and then how quickly it turns into how stupid and intolerant you are even though they are exactly that way towards you. Some of the most bigoted statements I have ever seen proceed from the mouths of progressive liberals.

1. profile image0

I think it would be a great hub!  Exposing bullying (and defining it correctly instead of the liberals' twisted definitions) is a very useful endeavor.   I'm sure you know you can set the comments to moderate all the nasty responses you may get.   I'll be looking forward to reading it if you write it.

Defining it "correctly"...

Christians are funny.

Moving away from ignorance and hatred.  You say that as if it's a bad thing.

19. profile image0

BLACKANDGOLDJACK,
    In addition to the other patriots who've posted in this thread (despite the nasty attacks from some atheists), and additionally other good Military men and women that I'm sure are around HubPages, I want to thank you also for defending the word of God in your hubs, and for serving in the American Military.  I know you would've posted here if you could've.  Blessings! smile

20. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Believers or not, they are still heroes!

1. profile image0

Yes, IF they're intent on actually defending America and not destroying it from within or without. That's what I said before.  You and some others just decided to take offense (and cause huge offense) because the video showed people honoring and thanking God.   I don't care if you think it's "sad", as you said, or not.  The Truth is that God is sad that anyone would deliberately refuse to give Him honor.  Indeed, you and several others did that, quite nastily.  That's very sad that you'd choose to jump in and try to bully anyone who respects God and Country.

Apparently there aren't just 2 verses of the Star Spangled Banner; there are 4.  The Veteran in the video may have gotten the number of verse mixed up, by by God, he got the sentiment right when he was humble enough before God and proud enough before men to raise his hand heavenward to thank the Creator for our Nation's foundational principles.   Good voice he has too.  He should be asked to sing at any patriotic event in America, or any SuperBowl, or any ol' time at all!  'Twould certainly drown out some of the nastiness that comes from (some) liberal atheists' mouths.

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
      What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
      Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
      O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
      And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
      Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
      Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
      O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
      Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
      What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
      As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
      Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
      In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
      'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
      O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
      That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
      A home and a country should leave us no more!
      Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
      No refuge could save the hireling and slave
      From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
      And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
      Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
      Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
      Praise the Power
      that hath made and preserved us a nation.
      Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
      And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
      And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You make it sound like God is on your side. hmm Very dangerous thinking that. It's the kind of thinking that promotes Islamic fundamentalism.

Tell me did this "Power that made your nation" sanction the butchery and ethnic cleansing of Native Americans in order to make the White Anglo Saxon Protestant nation possible? "Conquer you must", was that cause just?

Dopes it sanction the slaughter of children before they are even born? Just sayin.

No but desperate women don't sing the Star Bungled Banner before going into the abortion clinic.

All of them are not desperate. Another place where the left has enslaved the will of certain people.

1. profile image0

True.

So now God is a leftist?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                    Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus too apparently. Hung with whores and dissed the Konservatives far as I recall.

Not a big fan of divorce either. lol

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

Is Obama the Antichrist?

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
                    Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've heard his wife is the Antichrist.

2. profile image0

I don't think so.  But an antiChrist spirit pushed to get him elected.  Sometimes subtle, sometimes outright nasty.  Such are the wiles of the Devil, and such is mankind's inability to resist temptation when God is rejected.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
                Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's true. Some women elect to terminate their pregnancies out of personal responsibility -- which I would expect would be lauded by the likes of you.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image59
                MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep... having an abortion is so pleasant.  You know us lefties do it on spa days.  Mani... Pedi... Abortion.  It doesn't hurt or anything at all.  Just a nice relaxing way to spend a day.

***HUGE SARCASM*** noted. lol lol lol

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59

You noticed that eh?

2. Josak profile image60
                  Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I shouldn't be laughing but I am, it amazes me that conservatives who endlessly harp on about their freedoms being taken whenever anyone so much as raises a speed limit but are quite content to turn around and tell people that no you don't get to decide what to do with your body.

I just always loved the representation that women just randomly have abortions then go to the mall or some such.  It is a ridiculously painful experience that often lays a women up as much as having a full-term baby (sometimes longer). That's just the physical side.

The idea that it's a procedure that women take lightly and without consideration is ridiculous.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Mani, Pedi, Borti...Then confiscate the wealth of some "job creators"...

Ah, what a day.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actions always speak louder than words!

Hypocrisy is everywhere!

Yes and the left is the most well practiced of all.

Both sides are well versed in it. Denying that only proves people will choose ignorance over learning.

Why does the American Right assume that being on the left and being Christian are mutually exclusive?

Being a progressive and being a Christian almost are. All the true progressives out themselves as being atheist. What? You were unaware of that?

So the radical band of 12 disciples were not progressive?
                So Martin Luther was not progressive?
                So William Wilberforce was not progressive?

So challenging orthodoxy is progressive and that's bad?

The disciples were Jewsish students under Jesus and no that was not progressivism.
                  Neither fro that matter was MLK and the progressive left has distorted his teachings almost completely.

But of course that's their whole purpose. Chaos.

21. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

Do you think God thanks America's troops for going to an illegal war in Iraq? Do you think God thanks America's troops for going to Afganistan under the pretence of stopping terrorism? Don't get me wrong, brave men have given their lives, but for what? A fools errand perhaps.

For the few hundred American troops who died in Iraq, some 250,000 innocent civilians died in the chaos and carnage that followed. How many civilians were tortured, illegally renditioned or bombed in Afgan?

1. profile image0

God doesn't "thank" anyone, nor does He need to.  It is everyone who needs to thank God.

and Santa Claus

never forget Santa Claus

Wait.....so you think God HATES those troops? Is that what you are saying?

Of course not. Brenda's whole premise that you should thank God for your troops is based on the supposition that somehow God was on your side in Iraq and Afgan. God is on the side of humanity.

1. profile image0

My supposition is based on the fact that America's Constitution and laws were and are based on the fact of the one God's sovreignty, and those troops who honor that foundation are doing good work by protecting this Nation.

There are troops who disrespect both God and Country, like the Fort Hood killer.  But as a whole, our troops are honorable people.  Just because there are some bad apples who've infiltrated the system doesn't mean I can't honor the Military.  If you want to dismiss our entire Military and our Government as bad just because there are some bad people in it, that's your problem.

There is NO fact of this supposition. It's purely your own subjective perception, which has maintain the willful ignorant in America.

??? How was America protected by invading Iraq?

How is trying to enforce an unwanted democracy on the Afgan people doing God's work and protecting America? It's historically a nation of loosely affiliated tribes that just got with their own lives. Democracy is alien to them, and trying to force it through bombing will only breed hatred of America.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL That you still believe in majik. lol

Did god sed ter kill them afghans?.............

Don't be absurd...

But - you do believe in majik - right?

I believe in God. You believe in nothing. and that's what you get. Nothing.

I believe in all sorts of things - just not majik.

You are one of those guys i was telling Dissapearignhead about.

Thinkers and realists? You are one of those guys who causes nothing but conflict and hatred. Like wot jesus sed.

22. Ron Montgomery profile image61

http://www.militaryatheists.org/expaif.html

... atheists in foxholes whose stories have been in feature stories and documentaries: Pat Tillman, Afghanistan war Army Ranger and football player, Hans Kasten, WWII POW leader, Phil Paulson, Vietnam Veteran and activist, Kurt Vonnegut, WWII POW and author, Ted Williams, WWII Veteran and baseball player, Ernest Hemingway, WWI Vet and author, Sherwin Wine, Founder of Humanistic Judaism ...

23. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

As a veteran, it makes me sick when right wingers use the word "patriotism" tp insult us and turn our contributions into despicable political demagoguery.

24. Friendlyword profile image60

This back and forth is so disrespectful. Brenda  Please close this forum.  We all forgot what forum topic was about and started splashing around in the toilet.

No one has forgotten what the topic is about.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

1.  I don't think she has the power to close it.

2.  Why would she?  This is exactly what she wanted.

3. profile image0

I don't think I have the power to close this thread.  I know I don't have the willingness to try to do so.   There are some really nasty threads around here that should've never been started, much less continued.  Like, for instance, the one about Jesus and Hitler being the same, etc.   Would you mind goin' and askin' the author of that thread to close it?   'T'would be a good service if you did.
      This thread's got nothing wrong with it.  Just because some people like to harrass others isn't the fault of the thread nor the author nor the patriotic participants in it.   Give credit where credit is due.  This thread is about giving credit to God and to our American soldiers.  Whoever has a problem with that is way outta line morally, religiously, and politically.

Why are you people soooooooo obsessed with Hitler?  A person of genuine faith would not be so easily shaken by such irreverence.

2. Friendlyword profile image60

Brenda my love, I love sparing with you. But, we all have to make that money!  It was out of line for me to suggest you close this thread. But, you can close comment on a tread, right? Actually it's still a great forum, I just started feeling creepy and disrespectful to our troops.  I'm the last person on Hubpages that should try to be the morallity police.

NEVER MIND

25. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 11 years ago

Going back to your original post, Brenda, what exactly did you mean when you wrote:  "Especially for those who haven't forgotten what God and Country is all about."

It is clear that many who read it interpreted that statement a particular way.  I'd like to hear from you an explanation of exactly what you meant.

1. profile image0

It's already been explained several times.  Why don't you and the other opposers explain your own selves?

26. profile image0

Battle Hymn of the Republic

http://youtu.be/p5mmFPyDK_8

Mine eyes have seen the glory
    of the coming of the lord,
    He is trampling out the vintage
    where the grapes of wrath are stored,
    He hath loosed his fateful lightning
    of His terrible swift sword,
    His truth is marching on

Glory! Glory ! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah
    Glory! Glory ! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on

I have seen Him in the watch fires
    of a hundred circling camps,
    They have builded Him an altar
    in the evening dews and damps,
    I can read his righteous sentence
    in the dim and daring lamps,
    His day is marching on

I have read a fiery Gospel
    writ in burnished rows of steel,
    "As ye deal with My contemners
    so with you My grace shall deal,"
    Let the Hero born of woman
    crush the serpent with His heel,
    Since God is marching on

He has sounded forth the trumpet
    that shall never call retreat,
    He is sitting out the hearts of men
    before His judgment seat,
    Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him!
    Be jubilant, my feet,
    Our God is marching on

The following stanzas are presented
    as sung by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir in 1960

In the beauty of the lilies
    Christ was born across the sea,
    With a glory in his bosom
    that transfigures you and me,
    As He died to make men holy
    let us live to make men free,
    His truth is marching on

He is coming like the glory
    of the morning on the wave,
    He is wisdom to the mighty
    He is honor to the brave,
    So the world shall be His footstool
    and the soul of wrong His slave,
    Our God is marching on

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6677871.jpg

27. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

It's not unpatriotic to disagree with a song.  Also at the time this was written, the average person only had a few years of education.  Some had NONE.  In this day and time we should know that singing praises to a God that doesn't even exist is disturbing, and dishonest.

1. profile image0

Well, hello.   I'd like to praise the God that you say doesn't exist.

Praise the Lord!  The Alpha, the Omega, the King of kings and Lord of lords!  The Almighty!  The Beginning and the End, the great I AM!   Jehovah, Yeshua, Jesus, Jealous, the Ancient of Days!   There's more, even.

And no one is saying that you're not allowed. roll There are plenty of people wrapped up in white coats having more than one conversation with a G/god on a daily basis. lol

He just said that people don't have to agree with the song. lol

1. profile image0

roll

As expected. lol

2. getitrite profile image72

You seem like a person of well above average intellect, yet you have no problem asserting such an ancient, implausible  worldview.

I think that  people like you, who have been educated, yet still assert such outdated mythological stories as if they were true, provide a great example of the willful ignorance component inherent in religion...thereby causing otherwise intelligent people to become arrogantly disingenuous.

You CAN think for yourself.  I think you just refuse to...

1. profile image0

Implausible?
          Au contraire my fellow hubber.
          Belief in the Creator is the only thing that DOES make sense, the only plausible explanation.   And you can keep implying (and saying) that Believers are disingenuous or whatever, and that praising God is disturbing and dishonest or whatever, but that only shows how little you know!   Your attempts at head-gaming me are ineffective.   They're ineffective to others here too.
          You've got it wrong, getitrite.

As I stated earlier, blatant willful ignorance.  You are not stating facts, but merely making a completely dishonest statement.  Belief in invisible, imaginary friends is foolish and...DOES NOT make sense.  And you very well know that.

Yeah, I'll keep saying it because it's TRUE!  And contrary to your inaccurate statement, I know alot.  I was SAVED since I was 10.  But I grew out of that nonsense when I became old enough to discern reality from pure BS.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

In other words, you absolutely reject reality, common sense, education, honesty, morality, sanity, maturity, etc. in favor of fear of a 2000 year old book of Bronze Age fairytales. It's amazing what can happen to a mind when in the grip of psychotic fear.

Fascinating!

1. profile image0

Glad you're fascinated, "Mr. Spock"!  haha.

28. profile image0

God Bless America!

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
        Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
        Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
        As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God bless America,
        Land that I love.
        Stand beside her, and guide her
        Through the night with a light from above.
        From the mountains, to the prairies,
        To the oceans, white with foam
        God bless America, My home sweet home
        God bless America, My home sweet home.

Wikipedia says this:

"During a live television broadcast on the evening of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, following addresses by then-House and Senate leaders Dennis Hastert and Tom Daschle, members of the United States Congress broke out into an apparently spontaneous verse of "God Bless America" on the steps of the Capitol building in Washington, D.C."

Imagine that.  Congress stood together. 
    And citizens stood together too, for the longest time!  Because they all knew what was right, and dared NOT cross the line and deliberately divide America.  Like this wonderful song by Kitty Donohoe illustrates------

http://youtu.be/jtkC9Dx5JxI

When you're talking about tragedy, of course America stands as one. This is a no brainer. roll

One of these days she's going to make me roll my eyes so much that I have a seizure.

Well, that does have it's possibilities. tongue lol

2. profile image0

roll

Brenda... Seriously I've narrowed down what it is that irks me about you.  All you ever discuss or write about is religion or politics... which in your case is the same thing.

I mean I know lots of people whose lives revolve around their faith but they have... you know... other things.  Husbands... kids... gardening... reading... that such.  But you seriously seem to talk about nothing else.

You just seem one dimensional to me.  A stereotype of sorts... with nothing to offer but your religious diatribes.  If that's really how you are then that's pretty sad and not at all what Jesus wanted out of us.

1. profile image0

I'm sure he wanted what us all to do what you do, right Melissa? lol You certainly do have your irons in a lotta fires, and it ain't about "husband" nor "kids" etc.  You've been very vocal about all the fires you're into.  LOL!  So, if being "one-dimensional" is how you view Christians, then this Christian for one is highly pleased that I'm "one-dimensional"!   Awesome!
              So don't even keep this up.  I'm not interested in your further analysis of my life.  It would do you good to focus on the points of your own life where you could make some major improvements.  One would be to actually realize the definition of being a Christian instead of claiming that universalism or whatever your religion is, is the same as Christianity.   Your life must be very "multi-dimensional", isn't it, since you surely focus your attention onto other Christians in the non-cyber world besides me?   Or are you stuck into just mocking little ol' one-dimensional me?   Must be a pretty boring life.  So I'm thinkin' you probably do focus that judgemental attitude of yours onto every other Christian that you encounter!  Busy little bee, aren't you?

Why don't you take your own advice here and stay out of other people's life.

1. profile image0

Why doesn't Melissa?
                  Why don't you?

I'm an advocate for citizens' rights. Something you lack understanding about. Yes, you have a right to voice your words, but what you don't have a right to do is claim that what you think is proper for other people. You can only be accurate with regards to it about your life.

See, you don't know what rights are. You don't want equality or equal rights, which is what I have been saying. I am not a part of your life. I am part of HubPages.

Learn the difference.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

*Shrugs*  I think he wanted us all to be deliriously happy... as I am deliriously happy then my life works for me.  I don't think you are because honestly as negative as you are and as lacking in anything resembling a sense of humour I'm guessing you lack the capacity to truly enjoy anything.

Right now I'm not sure where I could possibly make any improvement in my life except a little more organization...  As far as my faith goes I'm great there.  I am exactly the type of Christian that I want to be... One who tries to act as much like Christ as I can.  You can be the kind of Christian that tries to make everyone act like you if you like smile  Misery loves company and all that.

I'll pass on your advice though.  I quickly realized that you weren't Christ.  I'm just waiting on you to realize it as well.  I'll pray for you Sister.  You deserve happiness too.  Maybe taking up quilting would help?

2. profile image0

Really?

Well, let's see....now that Osama Bin Ladin is dead (or at least supposedly he is dead).....why is there a great divide now?

I'll tell you why.  It's because in the meantime the Left got tired of fighting and/or pretending to fight the battle against terrorism and decided to insert their own battle into American politics.  Obama agged that on.  Effectively dividing Americans on the basis of several issues.  Issues that had already been resolved.   Many of them did so deliberately, and with malice.

Whatever, Cags.   It shouldn't take a tragedy like 9/11 to cause
        Americans to be united.   Some people just want to whine and be the center of attention, so they push their divisive agendas and they don't care if they cause major chaos.  Those who are responsible for it will someday be held to account, whether in this life or the next.

Yes really Brenda. America is never divided when tragedy hits the Nation and thousands of lives are lost. To say otherwise, is to be in denial.
          The divide has returned to what it was before hand- religious tyranny.
          You can try, but it will escape you.
          No. Politics has moved on and back to it's usual bag of tricks.
          There are plenty of issues in this Country brought on by the religious folk who want to lay claim to telling other people what to do with their life. Again, it's called religious tyranny. The fact you don't know you place in society is one of the biggest problems. If you knew your place in society, then equality and equal rights would be the main concern. But, with you it's not. Shame on you.

29. profile image0

The Gettysburg Address

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

30. Ron Montgomery profile image61

From the Reverend Buffet:

I really do appreciate the fact you're sittin here
    Your voice sounds so wonderful
    But yer face don't look too clear
    So bar maid bring a pitcher, another round o brew
    Honey, why don't we get drunk and screw

Chorus:
    Why don't we get drunk and screw
    I just bought a water bed, it's filled up for me and you
    They say you are a snuff queen
    Honey I don't think that's true
    So, why don't we get drunk and screw

-- spoken: pick it coral reefers, here we go...

(swing instrumental)

Chorus:
    I just bought a waterbed it's filled up for me and you
    They say you are a snuff queen
    Honey I don't think that's true
    So why don't we get drunk and screw
    Yeah, now baby I say, (lord!)

Brings tears to my eyes...

lol lol lol

31. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Right on, Brenda Durham. Not only are your comments right on, I think you are right with God. Unfortunately, I could not post on your thread until now because I was banned.

I am a combat veteran and I say “Thanks to God for our patriotic military personnel!” and “God bless America!”

Now, since I am one who was doing the fighting, I should have the right to say what I was fighting for, ‘eh? Freedom? Sure. Among other things, the freedom for Americans to choose God, or not.

So you atheists, I was fighting for your freedom to be an atheist the way I figure it. What has an atheist done for me, lately? I mean, other than falsely accuse me of a crime and play “report monkey” and get me banned from the forums.

Now you atheists might ask, “What has Brenda Durham done for you lately?” Why, I bet Brenda, even though she didn’t know me at the time, prayed for God to bless our military and to keep us safe. Personally, I am thankful for her prayers and ones like her.

911 was mentioned. My brother is an attorney and had an office in one of the towers. I didn’t hear word until about 10 hours after I saw the towers blow up he was okay. You damn better believe I was praying for him and others. And you damn better believe I thanked God for the blessings he bestowed upon me and my family, even more vociferously.

Some of the responses on this thread are pathetic. I’m just sayin’.

1. profile image0

Hello BLACKANDGOLDJACK!

Wow, I'm so glad you're able to join the conversation!  Indeed I did pray for our Military and thank God for them before, during, and after 9/11.  It's wonderful to know that there are determined, patriotic people like you in our Military;  thank you for your service to America!
      And you're right---you were fighting for the freedom of all Americans, including the atheists.  Their and our very lives depend upon those like you who had the courage to defend our shores and our homes.

P.S. You have some great hubs.  The one about "Does the Bible condone rape" is hugely explanatory and well-researched and spot-ON.   As are the others I've read.  I hope lots of people read them; they'll learn a lot and find a hub author (you) who has no problem tellin' it like it is and backing it up with the Word of God (to the chagrin of the naysayers, I will add).

Too bad the religious folk don't use this same mentality when electing officials to office.

What is your point, exactly?

If I have to explain it to you, then you couldn't understand it. My statement and what I quoted was clearly stated.

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We may not agree on much, but we do agree on is your bravery for fighting for everyones freedom. All I can say is you are not alone in the fight for freedom. That fight has little to do with religion and everything to do with religion.

So, Thank you and all Soldiers in the fight for freedom.

32. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Which statement, exactly? You have 45,417 statements (posts).

WOW! You responded to my post which quoted something said from someone else.

Did you lose track that easily? If so, then you're completely lost and my previous statement to you would be 100% accurate.

You're the one who is out to lunch.

I know you don't know much about proms.

I'll be enlightening you about that soon.

Just like a good Christian who talks the talk and doesn't walk the walk. If I was able to be offended, then your above statement would/could be construed as a personal attack. But, since I don't get offended, it's nothing more than foolishness wrapped up in words and actions.
          And, I'm pretty sure you don't know much about anything. But, that doesn't stop me from educating you.
          Not likely. You don't have the ability.

Yeah, I figured you for a report monkey too.

So I said you're out to lunch and it's a personal attack. Okay, well you're out to dinner then. I don't know whether it's lunch or dinner time where you are.

I know more about proms than you do. Bet me. Well, the proof will be in the pudding soon.

But let's try to stay on the topic of this thread. What was the point of your post, exactly, as I previously asked?

I know you had some issue about "God Bless America" being sung right after 911. But it is still sung at baseball games today. That Irish tenor does a great job at Yankee Stadium. Brings tears to one's eyes.

If you're interested, yes I do report people for making offending statements on other people. Yes, I stand up for other people, just like you. Yes, I will admit you're a reason I have my freedom and I have no problem with acknowledging that.

You seem to like to bait people? Now, how Christian is that? And, you wonder why I have a problem with you and your actions. Do you realize the level of character you're displaying for all your fellow Christians? I guess the next thing to look at would be all of those who are agreeing with you and your actions, and instantly I can see their level of character as well.

Your post is completely meaningless to me because you choose to use a lower level of character in your actions. You should be ashamed of yourself and see how you are disgracing your own religion and it's teachings, not to mention the honor in which usually goes with the uniform.

Wake up.

My lower level of character? Personal attack! Consider yourself reported! Oh yeah. I should be ashamed of myself? Another personal attack! Dude, you are so reported.

You and your 45,424 posts make me want to regurgitate. And I'm not talking about repeating anything you said.

I've never seen anybody who could say so little in so many posts.

This is the 3rd time I've asked you. What was your point, exactly?

I'd like to get back to the topic of this thread, thanking God for our patriotic military personnel.

I know one thing. I wouldn't want your likes in a foxhole with me. Talk about friendly fire. Whoa, Nellie. I'm talking about cooking up some hot dogs here and sharing a meal with my new buddy. I don't want you reporting me to Mama (HubPages) for threatening to kill you like Rad Man did.

I have a right to express myself in this manner, due to the fact that I am only pointing out what your actions have done. Yet, you're attempting to consider it as an attack? You baited me.
                  You don't have to talk at all. Just listen. Something which you apparently have refused to do to begin with.
                  So little? That's funny. You're a keeper. You could be a comedian, however, I doubt it. Btw- was that yet another attempt to bait me? Hmmm... your actions show you have an ego problem, which isn't surprising you're in the military. What you don't realize, or haven't yet is all I am doing is pointing out your actions. You don't have to do anything and when you do, you make things worse for yourself. Again, WAKE UP!

And, I told you. If you used the same mentality in the originally quoted statement which started this, when you elect your officials to office(thinking about other people- such as protecting freedom), then maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in as a Nation.

Christians and everyone else who votes, elect the officials. However, there's a problem. You vote on belief, this includes your religious beliefs. Using your religious beliefs to put other people into offices of power and control over society. That's walking "stupidity in motion" foolishness and willful ignorance.

All in all, when people vote either on religious beliefs or race, they are attempting to manipulate the government and it's place. Government is for the protection of the people. Not some of them, but ALL of them. Doing what is in the best interest of society is what matters most.

Every religious person I have met, are a bigot and they practice it. Why? Because they read a religious book which teaches it. There are very FEW Christians in this world versus the numbers who 'CLAIM' to be Christian.

It has apparently escaped you that your actions do have a consequence and a reaction. That reaction is going to be from other people who determine whether or not, your actions are moral according to their own measurement. It cannot be avoided. If you truly understood Jesus' teachings, you wouldn't be baiting me.

The topic of the this thread? As I said in my first post.

I baited you? What are you, a fish?

You said: "your actions show you have an ego problem, which isn't surprising you're in the military."

Personal attack! Not against me. Against the Marines, the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, and . . .

I am not in the military. I was in the military. I'm a veteran, not an active serviceman, or woman. Actually, I'm at the VFW at this very moment on my laptop while watching the Yankee game which is 6-3 in favor of the Evil Empire ( the Irish tenor won't be signing "God Bless America" tonight since the game is in Detroit) with a bunch of VFWs (Veterans of Foreign Wars) looking over my shoulder reading what you said and getting very angry.

I will try and keep these rowdies with an ego problem at bay (especially the one who is presently in the military, just back from Iraq, home on leave).

But why do you think those in the military have an ego problem? Just curious.

2. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not bad for somebody who has just returned from a ban!

33. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

Onward Christian Soldiers!

34. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I love it, a personal attack in a post in which the person said they reported a personal attack.

Just another Friday night in the forums smile

35. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Yo Cags!  I finally finished my 4 week ban today.  Still think the raffle is a bad idea?  lol

And they gave me back my other accolades too.  I'm once again all that!  yikes

Yes. It would be. lol Welcome Back Randy! smile

Well, seems you've angered the VFW bunch now, Cags!  lol  "They're" all agin ye now.  Ha!  lol

He thinks the VFW bunch are grapes.

How would he know anyway?

God bless our patriotic military personnel!

My god Moe looks out after them too!   roll

36. Friendlyword profile image60

"He either infiltrated the Military to start with, or else he turned traitor afterward.  Either way, he wasn't patriotic; he killed some of his fellow soldiers."

Black
    Did you or any of your friends with you serve in combat?  Is it true what combat veterans say about  No Athiest are in foxholes?

Have any of you seen a:
    GAY STRIAGHT BLACK WHITE MUSLIM CHRISTIAN BUDDIST ATHIEST AGNOSTIC FEMALE
    fight/die to save their fellow Soldier?

Is a Soldier on a battlefield thinking about God and Country; or that girl or guy next to them, that might help them get home alive?

Primitive men have always believed there was some god or another on their side, even when they lost.  It's difficult for me to fathom all soldiers in battle are true believers, though.  If that were the case, there would be no wars.

I need you all to do the math here! Reagan Bush1 and bush2 lead us into war on  useles defenseless countries for the profit it would bring to them and their party and the businesses that profit from war.  During these distractions; billions of dollars were "lost" and never accounted for! To this day I have to ask the American People; what is Grenada? Why did we attack a defenseless useless Iraq twice? And why did billions of dollar mysteriously disappear every time the Republicans lead us into needless war?

And why is this cult that calls themselves Christians always right in the middle of voting Republicans into office and conveniently trying to tell our Soldiers "God is on their side" when they're sending these Soldiers to their death for nothing but a buck?

Because they believe what they are told.  Most have been indoctrinated since early childhood to never doubt the bible or god.  The majority are afraid to even check out  the actual beginnings and editing of their guidebook nor who actually put it together for them.

Religion is control, and politics and big business uses it to have their way with the world.

37. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

You know it strikes me from some of these posts that this is the most horrible nation on earth.
    Why do we continue to live here?

Sounds like you have some decisions to make.  Good luck, and choose wisely...smile

Oh I wasn't planning on going anywhere but the logical end to all this whining is move or gut the whole thing and I am trying to get a committal opinion from some of them. They won't bite.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)