Jesus Christ Returns on July 24,2012!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 73 discussions (542 posts)
  1. jenchristopherson profile image61
    jenchristophersonposted 11 years ago

It is true and God has confirmed it to me already. Read <link snipped> and you can decide for yourself if you think this is true or false. If there are alot of false prophets out there then there must be one true one out there and this is it so read and believe. God Bless.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've decided it's definitely false.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
        schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

me too. although I didn't need to read the link. We don't know anything ahead of time. moving on......

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cool! July 24th is my son's fifth birthday. Do you think Jesus will stop by our birthday party that weekend? We'll have Kool-Aid and a bouncy house.

1. A Thousand Words profile image68
        A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LoL

2. graceomalley profile image83
        graceomalleyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he will turn your Koolaid into wine!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76

lol

3. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow. that's about all i can say. you left me laughing and speech less.

4. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 11 years agoin reply to this

He probably wants to see The Dark Knight Rises.

On a serious note, no one knows the time and the date. He could come back today.

5. gabgirl12 profile image59
      gabgirl12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Everyone knows the mayan calendar is accurate. Some people just want to 'get ahead of the game' to scare people. Good grief, When you die, thats the day God came for you. I don't believe in a rapture. I think if people have faith, they can resurrect themselves. This explains why ghosts exists. No not really, I just think I can come up with a better explanation without being serious, than most people who are. tongue

6. A Thousand Words profile image68

Oh no, I'd better start being a good little girl, then.

It's too late now!  Besides, he's just taking the Christians, so things will be much more peaceful around the world on July 25!  yikes

jenchristophersonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry but July the 25th is when the shit will hit the fan so to speak and everyone who is left behind will know what it is like to be without Jesus or the Holy Spirit and that I must tell you will be a terrible existance. I pray for those left behind but they will try to kill themselves at that time to escape the pain they are feeling and they will not be able to die either. So prepare for Christ's return now and be born again and repent for your sins and accept Jesus as your Lord and savior or choose the tribulations and the wrath of God. It's your choice and that is why God gave us free will so we could choose. God Bless

Care to make a wager on it?  How about, if it doesn't happen you simply don't show back up here with your silly predictions?  We'll just assume you've been taken in the rapture when you don't. Okay?  lol  May Moe bless you too!

You will know when the rapture occours as many will be missing and there will be catastrophic things happening here on earth. So make no mistake that God will let you know when the rapture happen and I recieve my Blessings only from God the Father the Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit but thanks anyways. God Bless

Great!  I look forward to not seeing your delusional posts here on July 26th!  Even if your god lied to you and nothing happens, I'm sure you won't have the nerve to show your face here anymore after making such a ridiculous prediction.  Come on July 25th!  yikes

No It is July 24, 2012 and it is not a prediction it is soley based on the Truth the Word of God. Believe or don't believe that is your choice!!!

So this means we won't see you posting here after the 24th?  Works for me!  smile

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image76

you 've got to be joking lol

2. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The 25th will be a wonderful time, and there will be no pain or suffering. 

After all, you have, in your capacity as prophetess, asked that God Bless us all, and I'm sure you have sufficient pull to do that.  He will thus bless us even though we sin, and all will be well on the 25th.

Or are you asking God's blessing only for those that have no sin?  That would be a cheap shot - surely you are a better Christian than that?

I can assure you that I am much more than just a Prophetess and I do have a very close relationship with Jesus not to be big headed or anything but it is the truth and Yes I ask God to Bless all people believers and unbelievers as I love you all and so does Jesus but there comes a time to say ok enough is enough to the disobedient and the wicked and God tells us all about what will happen to those who do not have Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior as Scripture has told us that we must do. To repent and turn from our sins. Many out there are so disobedient and are living their lives according to Satan's Lies instead of turning to Jesus and the Holy Word of God that Saves us. So it is their choice to be obedient or disobedient and Jesus is returning this time to Reward the obedient in Christ for their works and to discipline the wicked and disobedient with the tribulations and eventually the Wrath. That is the Truth and that is what is happening very soon so I beg you all to examine where you are with the Lord and Pray and repent so that you don't have to endure the Wrath. If you are left behind on the twenty fifth then you will suffer alot. It is your choice and nobody is to blame but yourselves to the unbelievers. God Bless

1. wilderness profile image94
                wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As you pointed out earlier, Satan has inserted lies into our holy scripture, and that includes the lie that non-believers will be not only disciplined but tortured for eternity.  It includes the concept that Christ will come back now to provide the torture or pleasure for people based on outdated and immoral concepts of the old testament. 

One must be careful to ferret out these lies in the bible and know they are from Satan - we believe that God loves us and would never torture or murder innocent peoples (although He has often done it in the past).  You really need to do a little better job understanding where God (or Christ) has spoken and where Satan has written in the bible.

Sorry!!!!!! You could not be more wrong and I almost don't have time for your kind of BS as the Bible cannot lie and there are no lies in the Bible and never will be. You are getting the wrong information if you really believe that this is True because it is not and you are very misled. I will pray for you. God Bless

1. tohimilook profile image59
                    tohimilookposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As a Christian should you be using the term BS.  Remember that the bible says that we should not allow profane words come out of our mouths.

2. profile image51
                Paul williamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

when my lord rises from his dark kingdom, he will tell the truth about your god and his kingdom, but is soldiers are here and ready.

1. profile image51

what are you going to do I'n your last days

2. profile image0
                  Longhunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you getting more than a little melodramatic, Paul? Or are you just going overboard?

1. profile image51

just taking the p.. perhaps we are all going overboard on this, but when some one says the world will end on a given date it gets my back up, but there are people like me over this world that have no time for the church and it's teaching.

3. SwordofManticorE profile image69
                SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It saddens me to say this sister, but the 25th of this month will bring shame to our Christian faith because of false teachers and prophets like yourself.

lollollol

2. tjp profile image60
        tjpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One things for sure, we were created. And I sure don't feel like having a banana right now. And hey where did Monkey's come from? Oh, by the way no one knows the answer to when Jesus return is. ; )

7. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

IF the second coming and the "Rapture" happens at the same time ??  It is clearly stated in scripture when these things happened.

Daniel 11:45  and 12:1   states that when the 14th king belonging to the fourth kingdom comes to his end Michael will stand up for the childern of Daniels people and some will be redeemed from the living and some from the graves.

No one knew when this would happen until after it did.  But now we know that it happened in 138 AD.

Nope!!! God Bless

8. Motherbynature profile image63
      Motherbynatureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh sweetie, if God didn't share the exact date with his own son what makes you more special than him?

1. ComfortB profile image87
        ComfortBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't have said it better.

2. WebDiva423 profile image60
        WebDiva423posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

9. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wish you a speedy journey on the 24th July. If you're still here, I take it that you aren't to be one of the raptured.

1. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The "Raptors" include Eagles, which are prone to take flight.   Is a "rapture" there, a tendency to take flight?

10. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How the hell do people come up with dates for Jesus' return when the bible itself says no one knows the day nor the hour? I am baffled that people uses the bible for such foolish predictions.

@Jenchrstopherson, haven't you learned your lesson during the last couple of years with all the false predictions?

1. MaestroECMcCloud profile image75
        MaestroECMcCloudposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for pointing that out Cardisa. This young lady obviously craves attention. It is unfortunate that this is what she has resorted to in order to achieve that end.

11. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So you get to meet Jesus on the 24th cool!

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't wait until she wakes up on the 25th and says well... I guess I had the month wrong or all that praying changed fate.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is the July 25th when she turns over to an atheist

my mom's predicted the end of the world for years. you can't. la la la lala alalalalalala

12. profile image0

I just read your one and only hub and I quote...

"I am going to try to explain my battle with psychosis, depression, and schizophrenia without scaring you away too soon."

Sweetie, strictly as a medical diagnoses, and not as any form of derision, I think you're delusional and must ask if you're off your medication.

I can assure you that the 24th is coming to come and go and there will be no Jesus Christ.

13. nightwork4 profile image60

and when nothing happens are you going to let everyone know why? when july 25 comes and the world is as it is on the 23rd, what excuse will you use? i'm just going to wait and see because i love these predictions.

14. pinkrose91 profile image60
      pinkrose91posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus has already returned more then hundred years ago. In the person of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of India.

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha ha. Wouldn't that be ironic to Christians if Jesus came back as a Muslim.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

Muslims didn't hold him in high regard also as he claimed to be a prophet after Mohammed which was supposed to be the last prophet for mankind or something like that.

1. profile image56
            nonto21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually... Muslims hold Jesus in very high regard, they just don't think he was the true mesiah.

I was talking about the Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of India who claimed he was Jesus coming back to this earthly plane. In his own mind he was a prophet and it did not sit well with muslims. According to some muslims mohammed was supposed to be the last prophet and yes they did hold Jesus in high regard I do agree.

1. profile image56

Alot of people claim a special title. This does not make it true. So, this being said... Why would I take Jesus's or Mohamed's word for it?

Agree and titles are only labels. You don't need to take no ones word for it.

1. profile image56

Politicians have made exaggerated claims since politics were the thing. A politician might use words like "divine credance" or "my religion". All in the name of gathering support. How is Jesus any different from George Bush or an Egyptian pharoah, for that matter?

Gullibility, plain and simple.

2. MaestroECMcCloud profile image75

Check your facts. How could he have been a prophet "after" Mohammad when Jesus' earthly existence predated Mohammad's ?

Perhaps you need to check your facts and read the whole thread. Or at least the posts pertaining to my comments. If you saw my post a couple of posts after that one you extracted you would have seen the paragraph quoted below.. You were not the only one who assumed I was talking about Jesus and this was my reply to the poster.

"I was talking about the Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of India who claimed he was Jesus coming back to this earthly plane. In his own mind he was a prophet and it did not sit well with muslims. According to some muslims mohammed was supposed to be the last prophet and yes they did hold Jesus in high regard I do agree"

2. pennyofheaven profile image79

I don't think reincarnated applies to the 2nd coming.

15. profile image54
      vincent-01posted 11 years agoin reply to this

come on people,, it's very clearly stated in the bible that, even the angels in heaven nor the Son knows the judgement day but the Father alone.

Please wake up... it's for your own sake ^^

Who cares what an old myth book says?  Reality is much more important than the delusional ramblings of superstitious dead men or of those who fall for their imagination. 

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6812619.jpg

1. profile image55
          whocares4uposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. profile image0

Obviously based upon the premise that such a book is sacred and infallible.  Right?

2. profile image32
        infomanagerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What are you going to say WHEN this does not happen? Prepare a statement. When it does not happen, I hope you will search deep within yourself to figure out who you have been listening to, God or Satan so you will not make the same mistake again. You will be held accountable for leading people in the wrong direction. I hope no one is taking you seriously!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

20 more days then!

4. twosheds1 profile image60
        twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

So that whole thing in the Bible about how none will no the time of his return doesn't apply in this case?

5. Freeway Flyer profile image82
        Freeway Flyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope this isn't serious. But if it is, I recommend getting some help on July 25th.

6. profile image50
        tcro58posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's saying a lot without knowing anyone or what they are capable of. Therefore, your action on this day is ego driven. Nicely done. roll
          And it was plenty to show what it needed to show. hmm

7. profile image50

Deleted

So are you saying she is Christ bride?  According to that link the 24th is when Jesus comes to collect his bride....

Hey Penny, I thought Jesus' bride was a city full of folks?

Lol I honestly didn't know he would be looking for a bride.

I'm only going by the talk I've heard around here at the forums. It wasn't a specific person, but a specific location.

Oh the church! Duh. Had to Google that one.

2. skye2day profile image69
              skye2dayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

jen
              Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
              2 Thessalonians 2:3

Jen the anti christ must be revealed first before the ccoming of Jesus Christ!! That has not come to pass!!  If you understand prophecy you would know that will come to pass when the peace treaty is signed with Israel. The world will not know or believe us Christians, but the saints will know. (Off the topic but atheists do not believe our warnings now so why would they then?) The anti christ comes in peaceably if he came in with weapons that would not deceive the world. Then the time will be near. When the abonomation of desolation is standing in the temple much of the world will then know it is the son of perdition  May our Lord help them, amen!  Jen we may be able to figure a year as prophecy unfolds and it is unfolding quickly. Praise God!!. God tells us we will know when it is at our door but the day and hour no one knows except the Father. That scripture has already been pointed out to you several times in this forum.

Your info is not in line with the word of God jen.  The anti christ must be revealed first. 2 Thes. 2:3

Unless the peace treaty is signed like very soon then July 24 is not the return of Jesus Christ. I wish it was. I really do but it does not line up with scripture. Well I can only pray the truth be revealed for you jen.. When July 24 comes and goes you may have some 'splain to do'. JK, Not.

Skye

May God Bless you jen.  Keep on. Phil 4:13

3. skye2day profile image69

pennyofeaven    FYI the Bride of Christ is the Church of Christ.  God will not be mooched!  His word is true. He comes for His Children and to wipe out sin and evil forever. He comes not as Saviour of the world this time but as mighty warrior that He is; The King of Kings. Prince of Peace, Messiah, Almighty God, Jehovah, Son of God, Jesus Christ.  He is going to return penny!  You must know that having a name as penny of heaven????

I don't know it the way you know it, no. I understand it as an internal event, not an external one. Like a thief in the night is illustrative of what many miss. That many do not keep watch is why they miss. If they are watching for the external event they will be watching a very long time.

2. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Thats exactly what the pharisees were hoping for a messiah.

1. skye2day profile image69

well they got their wish Messiah did come and was crucified for the sins of the world  John 3:16

1. SwordofManticorE profile image69

I was actually pointing out your silly point about Christ coming back as a mighty warrior.

2. profile image0

Sky, you would have been one of the crowd jeering at the man as he carried the heavy cross up the hill.  You would have shouted for his death.  You are gullible, man!  You run with the crowd that you mix with each Sunday.  You see yourself as superior because you can say "Hallelujah" in front of your peers and get accolades.  You are still looking for your "messiah" outside of yourself,  but you can't see that all the work has to be done inside yourself.  That is where you will find salvation.

3. twosheds1 profile image60
                twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

How is a mighty warrior also the "prince of peace?"

8. Dale Hyde profile image80
        Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He is showing up yet again? Shoot, I already have three of His autographs!

16. ddsurfsca profile image72
      ddsurfscaposted 11 years ago

I am going to assume you consider yourself a christian if you think you are a prophet, and the bible clearly states that we know not the time when this is to happen

That is a lie from satan that he wants us to believe so we wont be ready for when Jesus Returns. It says in the book of Revelation to the prophet John when he asked  God when this will all occour, God said that it is not for him to know until the time of the end is near. That means that it will be revealed in the end times and that is now. Read the book at least give it a chance.

And I'm guessing you are the one God has chosen to reveal it to.
          Are you related to Harold Camping?

I don't get how you could take one part of the Holy Bible (Matthew 24:36) and disclaim it, an then go on to embrace another part of the same Bible.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
            MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's called cherry-picking.  I'm of the opinion that it isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as you realize you are doing it.  If you believe that you are following "God's word" exactly though then you really should be following every single verse... which is something I very much like to witness someone doing.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
              Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Prophet? LOL If god has something important to say, why wouldn't god tell everyone at once? Do away with the middleman who can screw up his message. Ever played the telephone game in elementary school?

As for Jesus returning on July 24th 2012, I'm sure he'll be one of many that returned over the years. You can visit them at your local state hospitals.

I suspect that is where she resides.lol.

2. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I find it interesting that this is the second thread you've started in the religious section with  (what some might consider as) a highly outrageous claim; and then immediately delete the OP.

So, are you seriously attempting to share something you believe as a 'truth'? Or, is this simply an internet persona you are having some fun as?

3. TJenkins602 profile image60

This "lie" is written in the Bible as being said by Jesus himself. Other Christians, disregard.

Ironically, knowing the exact time of Christ's return can cause a sort of moral procrastination.

But you have pretty much forfeited your credibility as a Christian with that remark about a Bible verse being a lie by Satan.

I agree that there are no lies in the Bible. That is Blasphemy to even say such a thing. The Bible is the Truth and cannot lie!!!

1. profile image51

it's one. big lie from front to back

2. profile image51

well when he gets here he can come and see me and shot fire from his backside. All that book as ever done as caused trouble, look at the pope and is gang, runing round with red and black capes on telling people what to do, and they do what they like, and nuns well any ones who's a friend of batman is a friend of mine. at least with Satan you know what your getting.

The Book doesn't cause trouble, its speaks Truth. The ones causing the trouble are those who refuse to have the Lordship of the Holy God of the Bible.

Jesus Christ is Lord!

1. MorganP profile image60
                  MorganPposted 11 years agoin reply to this

dear @jenchristopherson,

so you say that the "bible never lies", yet you are telling everyone you know the exact day the Coming will happen... the bible clearly states that NO ONE WILL KNOW WHEN THE COMING WILL TAKE PLACE. Jesus himself said that...

and that, no matter how much you choose to deny it, includes YOU.

3. profile image0
              AntonOfTheNorthposted 11 years agoin reply to this

where does the bible say July 24, 2012?

cheers

It doesn't God spoke to her apparently.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Apparently is right.

lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
                  paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder why He picked a Tuesday...?

Maybe he never could get the hang of Tuesdays...

4. Cardisa profile image90

Then Jen, how can you say that something from the bible is a lie if the bible itself is truth? Aren't you contradicting yourself?

2. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean I can prorate my July rent?

1. jacharless profile image74
          jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol !

17. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 11 years ago

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

18. CMHypno profile image81
      CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Only the 'overcoming obedient'?  Who on earth writes this tosh? 

I'm sorry but you cannot call yourself a Christian if your idea of a good time is being raptured up to heaven to get a grandstand seat of the rest of us being nuked, plagued or whatever.

It is one of the sickest concepts that religion has ever come up with, and if you really had any love in your heart for your fellow man you would not be looking forward to it.

Also, what makes you so sure that you'll even be in the uptake?

I'm very sorry if you're not a believer but I am completely ok with what God has planned for unbelievers because its not like he didn't give you a chance to believe in him. You know what I mean, and I do feel sorry for those who will suffer his Wrath because it will be Terrible for them, but I know that I am going to Heaven because I am walking in the light and have a real close personal relationship with Jesus Christ and he is my Lord and I am obedient to his Word and I have Faith in him and Trust in him completely. Why not give it a try???

1. profile image51

the bible is the best story ever told, pity it's a load of tosh,men have killed each other I'n  there millions over this silly book.

The Bible is not a story it is the Living Word of God and is what is going to be the one who punishes the unbelievers. God Bless

lol lol lol Only the gullible believe it. lol

2. profile image51

oh but it is, oh it's good I will give you that, bet you will tell us that god made it all happen I'n six days and gave us one day off for being good boys and girls.

3. nightwork4 profile image60

i'm confused. i could have sworn that some where in the bible it says that humans can't hear your gods voice because it is too much for them to bare or some such thing. you must be an amazing super human. i'm honored to meet you in that case.

19. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 11 years ago

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, but my Father only".

Personally and as a Christian, I think I'll stick to what the Bible says rather than a dot com.

I'll give you this, Jen, you've picked a heck of a place to bring this up. All I can say is get ready. It's going to be a wild ready ride. I hope you're wearing your thick skin today. There's a lot of hubbers that don't play very nice on the subject of religion.

GOD BLESS!!!

Scripture also says that all of the prophesies will be revealed. If you could just open your mind and read the prophesy book that I suggest then you would see that it is supposed to be revealed. Everything written in that book is scriptural and is the Truth. Dont put a perimeter on what God will and can do and realize that anything is possible and it all is written in scripture too. God Bless you too!!!

1. profile image0

I appreciate the offer but, like I said, I think I'll stick to the Bible.

Besides, whenever the day comes, I think I know where we'll both be. I'll chose to let it be a glorious surprise.

God Bless!!!

2. ComfortB profile image87

I have read the content of your profile, and I pray that you'll come to a place of total healing that comes from trusting in the healing power of the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

With that said, do not make yourself a bearer of doom. The Bible is clear on this subject. As already quoted by Longhunter, No one knows the time, not even Jesus Himself, ONLY the Father does.

If you are called, your part is to pray for those who needs to accept Him, for the grace needed to realise their error and sinfulness and repent before the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78
        DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am curious of something...Christians belief that Jesus and God are one in the same...with that said...How come only God the Father knows the day and hour, but God, Jesus the son doesn't? If they are three parts of one, then shouldn't all three parts know the day and hour?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. calynbana profile image78
          calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was God in the form of man. As a man He had the same limitations as men. Although he was also fully God, He limited himself to being man in order to minister to us. If you read His words carefully before crucifixion and after resurrection it makes more sense. He comes back in the form of a man but does not have the limitations of man any longer. I don't know if I am being clear enough lol let me know if this needs clarification.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@calynbaba it doesnot since jesus kind of story predates thousands of year and has been repetitive with different names so i guess concept is clear to most...

1. calynbana profile image78

Can you give me some examples of Jesus type stories that predate Jesus? I hear people say that all the time but I have yet to hear a good parallel that is not contained within the Bible. Usually people try to draw connections between Jesus and Mithra or some other ridiculous parallel. I would really like to hear a good one! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://inspirepub.hubpages.com/hub/The- … h-Of-A-God

No wonder your religion causes so many conflicts.

Dear me.

Oh Mark I didn't mean the resurrected gods and goddesses. I am well aware of the fact that other god types were resurrected. I mean the gods the lived the same life type as Jesus. Give me a little credit :p I am asking for stories of gods that were born miraculously by a virgin birth, had disciples and taught the ways of their father, was killed, rose again and ascended. If you watch the movie zeitgeist you see lots of examples. Horus and Mithra are often used as examples.

The problem is that the parallels are ridiculous. I mean actually really funny you should read about them Mark. I think you would be amused. The most interesting aspect of the Jesus story, and the aspect that definitely separates it from the others is the historical aspect.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LAWL

What historical aspect is that? The complete lack of evidence?

The parallels are pretty damn obvious. Just another majikal virgin birth.

No wonder your religion causes so many fights.

Why do you bother posting to me? You made it clear that talking to me is not worth your time, and frankly I although I am amused by your comments reading them is probably not worth my time. If you do not want to discuss things respectfully on an intellectual level then I am not going to engage. I never liked playing with trolls, the dolls or the internet personas.

Interesting comment...It sounds as if you have answered the question, when in fact your answer is nothing more than running around a bush in an attempt to reach a destination.

What Jesus said was pretty clear...The son and the father are two different beings and ones knows all and the other knows only what the father reveals to him. So either Jesus isn't God and just the "son" as all true followers of God are, or Christians believe in more than one God.

There is a third option. That option would require you to do some homework on Christianity and history however.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78

Hmm...Let's see, I hold a PHD in Biblical Studies...

I know and completely understand Christianity and it's doctrines...

But, twisting words to meet a doctrinal belief doesn't make it right. Sometimes words are just straight foward and have no "hidden" meaning.
                There is nothing written in the bible about a trinity. But of course everyone makes that assumption based on how they interpret certain things from the bible.
                Even Jesus eludes to there being only one God "Love your God with all youor heart, soul and mind", remember that commandment...
                And Throughout the NT, Jesus is refered too as the "SON of God" with God sending his SON, with God being a singular unit.

But just as with Greek and Roman traditions as well, A son of a God, becomes a God as well...So we have Jesus, the son of God, becoming a God himself...You don't really think the majority of today's Christian denominational beliefs are based in Jewish traditions do you? They are based from and in Roman, Greek and other Pagan belief systems.

As somebody who has studied the Bible I would expect more from you. Have you read John? Read what Jesus said in John very carefully, do not read into the words you can take them at face value. Use the Greek interlinear. Then tell me your opinion.

I do agree that Christianity was influenced by Pagan traditions, and also by different cultures that accepted Christianity. Christians in the USA have a very different way of expressing their faith as well as understanding it than Christians in China.

I think what it comes down to is remembering what it means to be a Christian. It means to follow Christ. His teachings are first and foremost. When somebody behaves or takes a stance that is contrary to Christ's teachings then they are not Christian. That being said it is important to read the rest of the Bible, but I truly believe that the focus should be on what Jesus taught (if you are Christian or want to understand Christianity).

I do not twist words. I read. Read what Jesus says in the Gospel accounts, especially John. Read what is said about the Holy Spirit. Read what is said about the Father. I am sure that the Holy Trinity is never mentioned, nor is it implied. Instead Jesus makes the truth entirely clear and fairly obvious. That is if people pay attention to what he is saying and do not try to twist His words.

Let's look at the Gospels...

Of the four, John was the last one written...around 90-95CE...And of the four, John is the most gnostic in its format and messages. The book of John is the only one that portrays Jesus as a divine being from the very beginning.

The other three written earlier, portray Jesus as a man, who after death obtained a divine status.
                    Mark was written first (focused on the Jewish Population), Matthew (focused blend of Jew and Greek pop.) and Luke (focused more Greek pop.) were copied in part from Mark.

Try reading the Gospels in the Original Greek. And make sure to know the forms of writings and common communication of the time as well. big_smile

All four of the gospels and the book of Acts, were written after the Pauline Letters. S/Paul was the first person to ever write of a Christ (the name Jesus was added to his writings later. And according to his own words, he took his "teachings" from no man, and never actually physically met the Christ, all of his "teachings" came from his "divinely inspired" interpretations of the Scriptures and Laws (Old Testament).

I would expect someone who claims to follow the bible, to more of an effort into gaining a more accurate understanding of it. Yale University offers free online videos of their New and Old Testament Classes.

Thanks for the tip on the free videos, they could be very useful.

As for the rest of your post I am not really sure what your point is. Could you please clarify? I have an idea of what you are insinuating but I do not want to jump to any conclusions.

2. gabgirl12 profile image59

Oh good grief, of all the Apostles John was the most egotistical. In reference to Christ, who was the most beloved? John. And where do you see the passage of him being the most beloved? JOHN! Who asked to know who would be at the right and left hand of Jesus? James and JOHN! He thought very highly of himself. Of all of them John was the mystical one. And he probably had a pretty good education because he understood grammatical structure. Hence his reference to Jesus as the 'verb'. Underneath all that however, John was full of himself. This man had no substance. It's no wonder he thought of 'revelation', because he had nothing else to fall back on.

John thought highly of himself because Christ was within him and anybody who thinks highly of themselves while Christ is within him then they are not really thinking very highly of themselves but instead they are thinking highly of Christ himself. John didn't make up the book of Revelation. He was visited by an angel who showed him visions of what was to come and Jesus himself even told him what to write. Just so you can get the Truth straight. God Bless

2. jenchristopherson profile image61

Where did you get your PHD from and do you even have a Personal relationship with Jesus because it doesn't even sound like you know who God is and I'm not sure you can even comprehend the Trinity and yes it is all in the Bible and no Christians I mean True Christians do not have pagan beliefs but instead they Believe in the Truth.

Apparently Jesus doesn't believe in punctuation.

I received my PHD from Regents University. And as I was a very devout Christian for the first 20 years or so of my life, I comprehend the concept behind why Christians think there is a trinity. The Trinity is not mentioned once in the bible. And regardless how you try to justify it, a tribunal may act as one, but it still comprised of three seperate enities...So if you firmly believe in a trinity, you believe in three Gods...And if you believe in the devil or Satan, then make that four Gods...

Giving Satan credit for all the "evil" in the world makes him a God as well...He is worshipped by giving him what is his (evil). The same as Yehwah is a God by giving him what is his (all the Good).

Christians believe in only One God and He has Three parts to Him. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All three are One God but sometimes they reveal themselves as the Father or the Son or the Holy Spirit as seperate parts. It is a mystery that you have to have faith to understand and believe. Hope that helps you out.

3. tohimilook profile image59

Those who claim to know the return of Jesus are false prophets.
        As one the poster stated. Matthew 24:36  No one knows the day or the hour.  Even a little child can understand what this verse is saying.

“The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things that are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.” Deuteronomy 29:29

It never cease to amaze me how people want to know the things that God say are secret.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image57
        MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

Let's see... on July 24th I'll be 8 months pregnant in the ass-end of summer in a fourth floor apartment with no air-conditioning...  I'd likely not notice going to hell.

1. profile image0

lol lol lol lol lol

I'm not laughing at your situation but your sense of humor.

My ex was pregnant with my oldest son during the summer. It was hot and humid in TN and she wasn't happy which meant I wasn't either.

We're in West Virginia so it will be a little better... but not a whole lot.  Up until now I had managed to have all my kids in the winter or spring.  I'm already hot and irritable. Like I said before Hubby is hiding... he comes out when I call for iced tea or help off of the couch.

1. profile image0

Obviously, you're married to a very smart man - he comes when needed and, otherwise, keeps a low profile.

smile

2. Paul Wingert profile image60

Us men all realize that when the wife/girlfriend isn't happy, no one is happy. Longhunter, I've been to TN many many times and found the weather pretty nice in the summer. Of course being born and raised in Florida, TN, or any other state, can't be any more hot or humid. I'm not going to start with the cockroaches and those corn-fed mosquitoes which I do not miss. LOL

1. profile image0

I know what you mean, Paul. I've been to Disney World in August. It felt good to get back to TN.

I used to go to Disney World about twice a year as a kid, since I lived in St Petersburg. Admission was $12 for FL residence (in 1987) and the best time to go is in January because it' cooler and there were no lines, plus you got to see everything.

1. profile image0

My ex-wife always wanted to go in August but she was use to the heat. Since divorcing, I've discovered she's the spawn of Satan so the heat didn't bother her.

2. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I tend to agree with you there, Melissa. 

Anyone understand how this forum thread qualifies to be under World Literature?

3. profile image0

Congratulations!!!!

4. Recently Awakened profile image61
          Recently Awakenedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

5. TheMagician profile image88
        TheMagicianposted 11 years ago

1) If there's a God, which personally I do believe there is, I doubt he'd make anyone of his creations feel any sort of "wrath." Hell, I don't even think Satan exists. Evil maybe, Devil? Doubt it.

2) If the end is 24th of July, it's going to need to be moved. I'm a very important person and I've got a party scheduled, and then a nice vacation the weekend after.

3) These are what I call, "crazy white people."

lol

6. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

July the 24th you say. Is that before or after tea time?

7. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Yet another ridiculous thread about nothing much. roll

8. profile image0
        Deb Welchposted 11 years ago

Where did this information come from?  Your source - please.
        This is the first I heard of this 07/24/12. They claim 12-21-12, is
        no longer true - they have found additional writings to the Mayan Calendar
        and The End does not happen as expected.  Actually - they have no established
        date when the calendar ends - now.

My thing is, how does a calendar ending = the end of the world? Though I believe this poster is talking abotu a more Christian related apocalypse.

Deleted

Instead of reading this book you need to read the bible which is the word of God.  Matthew 24 is what you should read.

How come the author knows and others don't.   False prophets will abound in the last days.  The thing about a deceived person is that they do not know they are deceived.

The Jehovah's Witnesses said Jesus would return in1913
            The Seventh Day Adventist said he would return in 1855
            Herbert Armstrong from World Wide Church of God said he would return in 1975 and there were many since that time who have deceived people.

Our responsibility is to make ourselves ready.  Be like the five wise virgins, have our lamps trimmed, so that when he comes we will be ready.
            Speculation is not good.  Harold Camping FELT he knew the date too.
            Our confidence must be placed in Christ alone.

I can tell you and you have the free will to choose what you want to believe. You can believe me that I am very aware of when I am being decieved and the difference between a Lie and the Truth. I have the Holy Spirit and Jesus to guide me into what I know is the Truth and if it is a Lie then I would know right away. Besides I am not basing my belief upon a book that I read by who I think is a True Prophet either. Instead I am basing my belief in this prophesy as the Truth based soley upon scripture and scripture backs up everything that this prophet claims even to the very day. It is all in the Word of God and that is how I can be so sure that I am not decieved. God Bless

Matthew 24:24 says,

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

The Word of God will not and does not deceive and that is what I lean upon totally for what I believe. God Bless

2. profile image0

Out of curiosity, say you wake up to a beautiful  and serene day on the 25th. And the 26th is the same. What would that mean to you?

First of all I don't think that is going to happen and secondly I guess that would mean that I believed a lie which I am not because everything is backed up by scripture so it has to be the Truth and I have no room for doubting in God once he reveals the Truth to me. God Bless

1. profile image0

Well, on the 25th, I hope you have the courage to come back and admit you believe a lie.

God willing I won't be here on the 25th. So No. God Bless you

So on the 25th of July, will you admit to believing a Lie. And since you hold such strong belief in this date of the 24th being the day, what is going to happen to your faith when it doesn't happen...??

I don't have a place for doubt in my beliefs or in the word of God so no I will not admit to believing a lie because God willing I am outta here on the twenty fourth of July like scripture has written.God Bless you

roll

2. MaestroECMcCloud profile image75

I think it means that on July 25th Hub Pages should kick her off this site. That is what some of us are hoping.

2. tohimilook profile image59

The statement should read, The Seventh Day Adventist stated that he would return in 1844

1. profile image0

No, Tohimilook.... your responsibility is to live this life, in this finite world, to the best of your abiity, for as long as you are alive.  Period.

Any nonsensical arguing about the possibility of some kind of conscious existence AFTER this life, is a waste of time and deflecting your energies away from reality.

What you have is all you will get.

You have your belief and I have mind.  I assume you are an atheist so I can now understand where you are coming from.  Your argument is NONSENSICAL.

1. Cardisa profile image90

I think you meant to say, "......I have mine (not mind)".

1. profile image0

Hi Cardisa.  Yes, that was quoting my post.   You are right, it should not have been "mind."

This Hub has been going some time now and I think we ascertained that jenchristopherson is going through some kind of medical/mental crisis.  We can carry on the discussion of course, but maybe we should drop any sarcastic remarks about jen's point of view.  She will get over or through this stuff in her own time, and I for one wish her well.

Just my feelings about it, that's all.

2. tohimilook profile image59

I spotted the error..but could not change it.  Thanks.

3. profile image50

Deleted

Am I the only one that would be extremely curious of what an ip comparison would show with other posters in the thread...

link reported btw.

9. ddsurfsca profile image72
        ddsurfscaposted 11 years ago

I have not known any other person who is as self rightous as you are.  You are so sure that you are the one, who god has chosen to predict such an event, and the rest of us unbelievers are going to hell.  Do you know how many "prophets" have claimed the same in the past?

I don't make myself rightous, but God makes me rightous and I am just stating what I think is the Truth. If you don't believe then you better start or you won't have much fun for the rest of your life. I promise. God Bless

10. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

Looks like I'm going to have to throw another "Jesus is coming, are you ready, it's the end of the world as we know it" party.  Yippie!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
          Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If someone knows the day, then Jesus himself lied. If Jesus lied, then he's not COMING BACK. Period.

1. profile image0

Or, which is far more likely the case. The guys who wrote what Jesus said were lying. I know for a fact that at least 3 of the 4 were lying, because all 4 examples are different. If 3 out of 4 were liars, one can predict that all 4 were lying.

1. Jerami profile image58

You know this for a fact??

1. profile image0

Fact - each gospel is different even though the writers had the chance to read the previous gospels.

Fact - all 4 versions can't all be correct if they are all different.

Fact - if all 4 are different only one could be correct.

Fact - if 3 out of 4 people are lying about a common event that gives us a 75% chance the last person is lying as well.

I don't think that there are all that many contradictions between the four gospels which wouldn't get more attention had they been 100% in agreement.

As I have mentioned before...  there had to have been hundreds if not thousands ao other letters which were written and sent from one desiple to another or to this church or that one that could have been chosen to comprise the bible  ...  Why did they choose these ???

The four Gospels are inspired by the Holy Spirit and you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit by saying that He is a liar. That is the one unforgivable sin. You better hope that God will make an exception for your ignorance and you should watch what you say about the Living Word of God!!! God Bless

You're too funny. Prove it was inspired by a Holy Spirit- (and don't use the bible to verify it, because the bible cannot be verify itself).
                    Really?
                    Really? WOW! You talk about ignorance of others, yet fail to see your own. roll

3. profile image50

Deleted

You're funny. lol

Good display of being a persecuted Christian. roll

2. profile image0

....and the same faith that did NOT stop them being eaten by the lion.....sad

lol lol lol

Hey Jonny, it's was God's Will that they be eaten. lol

Jesus never lies and cannot lie so make no mistake he will return and very soon too. So get ready!!!

Jesus said, this generation will not pass, until these things happen...

The generation did pass and unless Jesus returned prior to them passing, he did tell a fib. And if he didn't fib, then he already returned and everyone since that time has missed out...

Although Jesus did not tell a fib or lie since he cannot do such a thing, you may have something there on Him returning and most everyone missing out on it. Some food for thought!!!! God Bless

11. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

Oh, good! Is Gandhi coming, too? tongue

12. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 11 years ago

I for one, would like to hear more about that.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
          Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I heard Jesus was going to host the fireworks show in D.C.

1. TJenkins602 profile image60

I'll bring my water bottle. tongue

2. Jerami profile image58

You heard it?

Do you believe it?

13. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 11 years ago

jenchristopherson wrote:
        That is a lie from satan that he wants us to believe so we wont be ready for when Jesus Returns. It says in the book of Revelation to the prophet John when he asked  God when this will all occour, God said that it is not for him to know until the time of the end is near. That means that it will be revealed in the end times and that is now. Read the book at least give it a chance.
        - - - -== =

Me   that is my point exactly.  Satan is the one in charge at the council of Nicea in 326 AD  who chose which holy writtings would be included in the bible.

He knew that he had to stick with as much truth as posible in order to convert (fool) the rightious minded; while adulterating it "just enough" to lead everyone away from the truth.

The Word of God is the Truth and Satan is the authur of Lies. I hope this clarifies for you why that isn't true at all. God Bless

14. profile image32
        infomanagerposted 11 years ago

Sorry, You are being misled. The Bible clearly states "No Man Knows The Day Nor The Hour". Miss, you should be more careful with what you Think you are hearing. I'll be at the beach.

That is true   I can also say that no one knows who will win the Super Bowl next year    But two years from now some people will know who won it.

Now we don't know what day and hour the game will start.  But some day we will.

Thankyou!!!!God Bless

15. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"Jesus Christ Returns on July 24,2012!!!"

I'm not going to read the 66 posts.

I just want to know the answer. Is he?

Yes this is the Truth and I am sure of it. If you would read the book then you would be able to better decide for yourself. God Bless

16. Alastar Packer profile image71
        Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

Indeed he is paradigm, the 24th of next month has been confirmed by all the top apocalyptic prognosticators who are offering their moon property at reduced prices in celebration!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

Oh, good. In that case, I'm going to put together a list of questions for him.

17. profile image51
        Paul williamposted 11 years ago

if Jesus does make a come back he will take one look around and do one,

Can you explain what "and do one" means please?

1. profile image51

it means he will take a look at this world and go back up on his cloud and stay there. and he might take you and give us all a rest

Funny.  Lol.

18. Rik Ravado profile image87
        Rik Ravadoposted 11 years ago

I had a quick read of the ebook but it made no sense - just masses of scripture and Christian jargon but no clear explanations.  I'm a Christian but even the conclusion made no sense to me. 

Surely if God wanted to communicate this message he would choose a spokesperson who was an eloquent communicator so that as many people as possible would hear the message? Why would a true prophet communicate so badly?

Were you reading it in the light of the Holy Spirit? Maybe your eyes and ears aren't as open to the Truth as much as they should be for you to understand. Not to judge you just a suggestion. Many are called but few are chosen. There will be a lot of Christians who claim to be Christians who will not go to heaven at least not until after the tribulations are over and they have overcome to the end. I pray that that won't be the case for you but that your eyes and ears are opened and that Christ will draw you into him ever so close so that you are counted worthy to stand before Christ Blameless on the day or the rapture and that you escape the tribulations. Pray for that each day and see how God will transform you and prepare you. God Bless

19. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Come on July 25th!  lol  Prophetess my asp!

It's July 24, 2012!!! God Bless

20. MelissaBarrett profile image57
        MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

On an aside note...I worry about people who are so miserable in their lives that they actually look forward to the world ending. 

I mean of all the people I know I actually have the most compelling reason to 1.  Believe in heaven and 2.  Want to make it there... However as much as I would like to be reunited with those I've lost, I am quite happy here on Earth enjoying the gifts that I have been given.

I always kinda thought the doomsday hopefuls were manically depressed and looking for a way to kill themselves without actually pulling the trigger.  It seems a bit more than a little masochistic to me.

I am also quite happy with my life and with the gifts that God gives to me daily. I have no morbid death wish or dark suicidal intention for believing what I believe. I am a child of the Light and I walk in the Light and I am looking forward to being even more happy and full of joy when Christ Returns so be careful how you judge people. God Bless

I was speaking in general not specifically to you. 

If I was going to judge you specifically... and honestly I have (and unfavorably at that) it would be on the content of your hub.  As a child's rights advocate it gave me goosebumps.

2. Cagsil profile image70

And what gifts do you receive daily that God provides for you? Do tell?
            You wouldn't. That's not what the belief does.
            A child of light? Yet, you're in darkness in understanding. WOW! Talk about ego.
            Another ego made statement.
            This is too funny! lol

3. Recently Awakened profile image61

You originated as a child of light, as we all did. However, if you were walking in the light, you would never want to promote fear or negativity. Light/love and fear/worry/punishment/revenge do not and cannot go together. They are polar opposites. Light and dark. You are spreading darkness, whether intentional or not. It is that simple. I hope you stop looking to external connections with God and begin to examine yourself and remember the true connection you have always had. Blessings, love, and light to you and I hope that you can heal and be able to appreciate the chance to be here, instead of anticipating death for yourself and/or others.

1. profile image0

Do you not see the Light and Dark, although polar opposites, as being part and parcel of the one coin?  We need the contrast to be aware, in my understanding.

1. Recently Awakened profile image61

That's right. We would not be able to recognize one without the other. I think Tolle hit it on the head when he said we have both light and shadow within each of us. Knowing the light helps us to recognize the shadow aspect and transmute it if that is what is desired.

21. Randy Godwin profile image61

Well my god Moe says nothing is going to happen on this date.  Let's see whose god is correct after all.  May Moe bless!  roll

Given to pure statistics

1.  The Earth is going to end one day.
          2.  Each day has exactly the same chance as any other day.

Speaking purely statistically.  Of course Moe's intervention trumps such things as Novas and giant asteroids.

I don't believe in any other Gods Besides the One True God the Father The Son and the Holy Spirit. Moe cannot even come close to challenging my God because there is no other God but the one that I believe in so no I don't accept any challenge as I don't accept any other Gods besides Jesus Christ. You will all see the Truth when the timing is right and then you will know that God is real and his Word is the Truth and does not lie!!! God Bless

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Damn Cags... that's a lot of smilies.

Just goes to show how funny I really thought her post was. tongue smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Didn't you predict July 24th as the time being right?  Are you having second thoughts about your prediction?  Perhaps your god didn't speak clearly and you misunderstood? (trying hard to give you an out)

Why? She believes what she believes and when her belief is shattered then she alone holds the key as to why, how, when, what and where, but I'm pretty sure it will go over her head, and she'll learn nothing from the experience as she should. hmm

Yes, I know.  But like the usual false prophets, she will find some reason why it didn't happen.  They always do!  smile

Like God changed his mind. lol lol

Well, he does this often, according to the novel.  So much for all-knowing!  lol

Omniscient? lol NOT! lol

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57

Nah my working theory (and since I am created in his image I would know) is that he just likes fuc... err... messing with people.  Like the thing with the Dinosaur bones. I would so totally do that to my followers if I was him.

Well, is it a bet or not?  Moe says he's game!  What about her guy?  Perhaps she'll ask him!  smile 

My guy has told me that he has absolutely no plans on ending the world anytime soon.  We were just talking about it over dinner yesterday.  It went like this:

Me:  So the whole rapture thing... that's in July right?
              Him:  Oh Hell no! 
              Me:  But this chick on the internet...
              Him (interrupting): Could you pass the wine?
              Me:  Here you go. Anyway this chick on the internet said it was going to be next month.
              Him:  This is actually quite good. 
              Me:  Wouldn't know.  You in your infinite wisdom let me get pregnant so no wine for me.  Awfully bad form with the whole Apocalypse thing coming and all...
              Him:  Why on Earth would I start rapture right now?
              Me:  Well you know... the whole ineffable plan and that such.
              Him:  Melissa, you know all those nuts you deal with on a daily basis?  The ones that go on about me saying this, that and the other?
              Me:  Yes.
              Him:  Do you really think I want ALL of them delivered onto my door step all at once?

Then he shuddered and downed the rest of his glass of wine.

He did say later that he wishes that all his followers would start taking their medications regularly.  He said he invented Lithium for a reason.

lol

Wow!  You've got one of the smart gods too, Melissa!  Too bad there are some dumb ones in the bunch too!  smile

And yes, medications are sorely needed by some god followers.  yikes

3. jenchristopherson profile image61

Go ahead and persecute me and make fun. Jesus says to rejoice when the world persecutes you because of me. So I am over here rejoicing and am glad because it is only a short time before the Truth is revealed. God Bless you all and I will be praying for you. God Bless

Truth revealed? lol

Truth is already revealed. Too bad you don't have any aspect of Truth. hmm

2. calynbana profile image78

Hi Jen, I don't really know where your prophecy idea has come from, and I don't know if you are right or wrong (I have my opinion but to be quite honest I do not really care when the rapture does or doesn't occur) I do not think that it is within our duty as Christians to try and find out things like the date of the rapture, and especially not our job to announce our private ideas to the public in such an environment as this one.

As Christians we are supposed to act Christ like and spread the good news. Encouraging people. I do not think that posts like this encourage anybody, Christians or people of any other faith system to take Christianity seriously. I know you believe in the rapture happening on July 24th (sadly just four days before my wedding) but I think it is probably something best talked about with mature Christians who can handle such delicate beliefs and can exchange views and ideas with you. Then if you feel convicted then share,I really don't feel  that this would be much more than a stumbling block for many people.

My only intent was to provide my advice in love, I hope it came across that way. God bless. smile

I Truly appreciate your opinion and I can see your point but I have been inspired by God to share this with as many people as I can. Maybe this site is not the best to do it at and if you have a better one then you let me know and I will surely take your advice but I don't care about the persecution and as far as it being a stumbling block for anyone I don't believe that anytime you proclaim the Truth that the Truth would be a stumbling block to anyone instead that is a lie to make me feel like I shouldn't proclaim the Good News to the world. I will not stop proclaiming the Truth no matter who or what tries to discourage me. Not to be rude just being strong about my point of view. As Christians it is written in the Bible that when you see that the time is close then we are supposed to hold our heads up high and look for Christ's return, not turn a blind eye to it and figure it will come whenever it does and I am not going to worry or think about it. No. We are supposed to be preparing ourselves and eagerly awaiting the Lord's Return. God Bless YOU

3. MelissaBarrett profile image57

Not making fun of Jesus... just you.

You are not Jesus.

Please remember that.

Not persecuting you either.  Don't care enough about you to persecute you.

I am not Jesus and have never claimed to be either but I know Him very well and we have a very close personal relationship with him so go ahead and make fun of me and you will see me laughing with you too!!! God Bless you!!!

Kay!  Will do!  You might want to step back though and realize that I am a Christian too.  The reason that your ideas make me cringe is because they are giving other Christians a bad name.  Ideas like yours drive people away from Christ because they think they have to have unstable loony fringe ideas to be a Christian.  Your ideas Satan's work for him by soiling the Christian name.

When the world is still here on July 25 you will have made a mockery of Christ's name and by your own beliefs stand to be punished for it.

Well if you are a Christian like you claim to be then you would know that I am not making a mockery of Christians or making anybody else look bad but to those who like to judge others wrongly then you could say that if Iam wrong which I know I'm not, then I've only made one person look bad and that is myself. When Jesus Christ first walked the earth people would say that he was a blasphemer or a drunkard and they wondered why he had dinner with the tax collectors and hookers and sinners. He was falsly judged all of the time. Even his own town didn't believe in him and rejected him. I am severly offended by what you said about me doing the work for Satan. I would never ever do such a thing and God knows my heart and knows what my intentions are for what I am doing here. I forgive you for so falsly accusing me of things that are just not true about myself and Jesus said to rejoice when you are persecuted for my names sake because there is a reward for that when I go to heaven. I sincerely apologize to you if I have offended you but I think you sereously need to pay attention to your own walk with Jesus and start repenting for your own sins before you go and falsly judge me or even some one else. God Bless You!!!

The scariest part of this entire thread is that you fail to see your own actions and have no idea of the consequences of said action.

I choose knowledge over ignorance. Unfortunately, your actions speak saying you do not.

3. Disappearinghead profile image60

Having now read all the posts here I think I can now say that I too have a close personal relationship with Jesus and he told me that he hasn't spoken to you at all. In fact he finds it rather sad that you are under the delusion that you are being raptured on the 24th. He is also a bit annoyed that you are giving Christians a bad reputation here on forumland by these crazy ideas.

So you see all I have to is claim that Jesus or the Holy Spirit is talking to me and I can make any statement true. smile

1. LeanChris profile image61
                        LeanChrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Atheist in me wants to say, there is no god. This lunatic gives a great example of that. Everywhere you go, you can trace back a large religion to one of two things. Someone mentally unbalanced...or someone too lazy to work.

The optimist says, I can't say for sure there is no god. But this one does a good job in ruining the concept.

4. paradigmsearch profile image61

All I ask is that you don't go and do something stupid when He doesn't show. Just chalk it up to a misinterpretation of what you thought you read. smile

I worked with a mother once who was told by Jesus that the world was going to end.  She took her children (7 and 9) out into the woods and left them there for three days in preparation.  It was early march.  The then 7 year old has 2 less toes now. 

The mother continued to proclaim that she loved her kids and wanted to do what was right... AND that she would do it again.  The reason she said that Jesus didn't come was that the little girl was taken from the woods.

I had to be taken off the case because of an entirely rational desire to choke the mother to death.  I could not think of one logical reason why she should continue to live.  I took a vacation after that case.

In short I don't give a flying fig what the OP does when the end doesn't come but I hope she leaves her kids out of it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

I'd have quit. big_smile

5. profile image0

Ah, Jen!  That makes me feel soooo much better.  roll

I am truly curious as to what is going to happen to her "faith" when the 24th of July comes and goes and nothing happens...

I am also very curious as to the justification or excuse when that date comes and goes and nothing happens...

It'll be another exclamation that the "second coming" was actually a special event that "took place in the Heavenly realms" like some more extreme (and the original) seventh day adventists believe(d). Yet another denomination/sect will be born of this confusing religion.

1. profile image0

It really is pathetic.   I don't have anything against Jen's need for a faith which gives her hope and encouragement... that is her personal stuff... but to broadcast this religious rubbish in the hope of evangelising others to it is over the top.

22. LeanChris profile image61
        LeanChrisposted 11 years ago

Maybe god only meant you. IN fact, I'm sure that is what it is. Maybe he meant you would kill yourself after being embarrassed by this asinine position.

No, I doubt you would do this.

You are nothing special. You are not a prophet. Your life is mediocre at best, and you are having delusions of grandeur.

Grow up.

Also, please not. I'm not encouraging this woman commit suicide. Rather, I hope she seeks medical attention.

However, should her obituary read "impaled herself on phallic symbol to death in pursuit of the words of an invisible 'sky man'..."

Well, no matter how you die, I would laugh.

Let's not be so mean as to rain curses. We can correct in love without being so judgemental.

I am a mean vile person.

23. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 11 years ago

Seeing Sophia's post I just read most of jenchristopherson only hub and am no longer amused with this forum. Mixing schizophrenia and religion can be dangerous. From what I've read she thinks visions and the voices in her head are truly from God. This concerns me as Canada had a similar case a few years ago when Tim McLean was  was stabbed, beheaded and cannibalized while riding a Greyhound Canada bus about 30 km west of Portage la Prairie, Manitoba traveling the Trans Canada Highway. McLean's killer, 40-year-old Vince Weiguang Li, was found to be not criminally responsible for the murder and was remanded to a high-security mental health facility where he remains to this day. Li later said God was speaking to him directly and told his to kill Mclean because he was an alien. Li thought he was doing Gods work and the world would praise him for his actions.

Most of us would know that a voice in our head has no authority, but if that voice is perceived to come from God and one give all his authority to God, one may have very big problems.

I hope jenchristopherson gets well.

1. profile image0

Rad Man, what gets me is that it appears nobody else went to look at her hub to see what she was about. Obviously, if they had read it, they would have realized that she had schizophrenia, i.e. voices inside her head. Yet some actually took this seriously...

1. profile image0

Sophia, interesting how we treat someone who think God speaks to them personally and directly. We assume they are sane, because we assume everyone is sane. We assume they are just trying to manipulate the gulible. It's not much different then some in these forums that claim to talk to the holy spirit. When someone thinks God is talking directly to them we should take note. They are either trying to manipulate gulible people or they are schizophrenic. One or the other. She hasn't posted for a few days, I hope she is on her meds and getting help.

1. profile image0

Rad Man, I assume when someone tells me that God spoke to them that they're convinced their own thoughts are the voice of God, and that they have a great and terrible need to be special. Of course, while it's not a great level of insanity, I do believe there's a little bubble in their sanity level. smile

2. Cardisa profile image90

I did look at her hub also and had to delete a comment I made on this post earlier for it would have been offensive. After looking at her hub I did realize we were not dealing with a religious enthusiast but a sick person who may have a valid excuse for her beliefs.

It honestly shouldn't matter in the way her beliefs are treated.  The worst thing you can do is excuse her delusions because she has a mental disorder.  She knows she has schizophrenia... obviously.  Public opinion has some chance of maybe reaching her and convincing her that she is in the throws of delusion.  Coddling her or "playing along" will convince her that people agree with her and that she is right.  It will further blur the line between reality and delusion.

The former is unlikely to happen but the later almost certainly will.

3. gabgirl12 profile image59

Religion is a hot topic anywhere you go. It doesn't matter if the person telling it has a mental issue or not. There are people who have done insane things and have been ordained as ministers, imams, began cults yet people follow them. Waco, Jim Jones, Haleys Comet Suicides...all come from the same source, a 'voice. Be it the Holy Spirit, Allah or some ALF (Alien Life Form) when people become convinced there is no stopping them.

Paula White is a popular evangelist. She claimed deliverance from having a mental disorder and now preaches to women all across the country, and in megachurches like that of T.D. Jakes. When someone is convinced of an idea, and they create a structure its possible to convince others. This doesn't mean jen couldn't go down the same road. But up until no now, not many would believe it because its very obviously 'far fetched'.

I've read about congregation members and even televangelists from the 70's say that Jim Jones gave excellent messages before he did what he did. It's not like these things are apparent.

jen talks about her disorder. What if she didn't? It would have taken even longer to discern something was wrong. The point however is she did talk about, so the rest of you make a judgement call, but there are so many who fall under the cracks. sad

4. MelissaBarrett profile image57

Actually I posted about it a couple pages back...  No one reads my posts though...

Amen!

"Public opinion has some chance of maybe reaching her and convincing her that she is in the throws of delusion."

Melissa, do you really think anything you or anyone here says will deter Jen from pursuing what she started.

One can only hope. No one can know for sure. People throw out comments which make no sense. And when that happens, it is going to be met with some sort of conflict.

It's automatic, instinctive/reactionary. It cannot be helped.

When confusion arises, it is either met by ego or conscience. If it's met by ego, then the delusion has begun. If it is met by conscience, then confusion will be subsided.

Can what a person say online, lead people to do something? Yes, they can. It's Supreme Court tested.

If what someone says online can lead, whether or not, the action is positive or negative, is solely based on the individual person who perceived the initial contact. If this person isn't stable, then most likely a negative action is going to occur. If this person is stable, then most likely a positive action is going to happen.

However, something changes.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57

She is suffering from a psychosis... so no the chances are unlikely.  However if she has received enough counseling or is on medications then occasionally being told enough times that what you are experiencing is a delusion can eventually break though.

It's a damn sight better than validating her delusions or treating them as real.

24. Motherbynature profile image63
        Motherbynatureposted 11 years ago

You're exactly right. My own mother is schizophrenic and I know never to feed the delusions or they will grow.

1. profile image0

I agree with most of what has been said here in the past hour or so, folks.  I tried to put a bit of warmth out to Jens a while back, but it got sidelined.

All that remains for me to say now is that the idea of  "waiting for Christ's return" obviously is close to the heart of many people.  Whether it came from a person who has a mental disorder or not, this topic gets aired often on HubPages.  People are constantly looking for that  "return" sometime in the future, and they are taking punts on the day it will happen. 

It's my understanding that they have all missed the point.  The real message as I see it, is that the "Christ" makes a transformation inside of each individual and makes a life-changing enlightenment.   It happens "now," "this moment," not some theoretical and magical moment in the future.  Anyone, of any religion, an atheist, an agnostic, anywhere in the world, with any language, can have this transformation.  It does not depend on beliefs or religious practices. 

In short, ALL of the rantings and arguments about the when-and-where of the "coming" are way off the mark.

IMHO

1. gabgirl12 profile image59

In my opinion the transformation be it conquering an addiction or being a catalyst for a new invention in any case helps you to get out of the box. Think out of your local area, and find solutions to whats nearly impossible to you. I stopped 'waiting' for Christ the moment I got over my fears. The Bible sais that he will come like a thief in the night and to be prepared. But I think it has nothing to do with a rapture but with sudden changing circumstances or death.

The Bible also talks to death in saying 'where is your sting'. I honestly think that death at times comes so sudden, people feel robbed. I think the issue here is preparedness. It's important to prepare. Not only for yourself but for those you leave behind. It's not a fear factor that should be used and abused by churches. It's common sense. What I dont get is why Jesus made it seem so mystical when he included the virgins and Himself as the Master, as opposed to it being inevitable. Was he doing it to attract his people? We're they that stupid?

25. Jaydeus profile image60
        Jaydeusposted 11 years ago

THANK GOD!
        I have some rocking chairs that need restoring and I hear Jesus was a pro carpenter.
        I'll have to pencil him in on 7/24.
        Thanks for the heads-up!

26. Kayte profile image40
        Kayteposted 11 years ago

I think that the world needs one more prediction, so that people will start doing stupid things again. The truth is that no man not even Jesus knows the time and date that the end of the world will be, therefore it is impossible for you or any other person to have heard about it from Jesus. Sorry but this is just plain silliness.

27. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 11 years ago

A guy who hung out with twelve other guys coming back on the day hundreds of cities in the USA hold their annual Gay Pride celebrations?  Sounds about right...

1. profile image0

No Women's Lib in those days, but the women certainly had a hold on family life, I bet.

28. Randy Godwin profile image61

Decisions, decisions! Whether to become a christian and be raptured on July 24th, or stay around for my planned End of the World Party on December 21st.  The party would certainly be more festive without the praying and all.  Plus, there would be a better supply of liquor with the believers not in attendence.  cool

1. profile image56

Good one! LMAO

May as well party every day because we never know when we are going to take our last breath. Live each day as if it were your last kinda thing. Makes no sense to worry about the supposed end of the world.

1. profile image56

The end of the world comes for all, in a single instant, it could all be over.

Yes.

Not saying don't plan for the future at all, but some things are out of our control.  Minds me of a time when an evil god drowned almost the entire living population of the planet and.......!  yikes

1. profile image56

You're funny...

Thanks!  Humor mixed with fact often works well when mere reality fails.  Or so I like believe! smile

1. profile image56

At least someone around here has a sense of humor.

As for me, I'm completely devoid of a funny bone.

Haha! True nature has its own schedule. If its an evil God ok doesn't matter what we call it nature does what it does when it does it.

3. profile image0

Good one!  lol  lol

29. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Well, the OP has been gone a week now. I wonder if she got an advance ticket...

If I were her, I would stick around for the greatest show on Earth,

I always wanted to see that seven headed and horned red Dragon, that the Christians don't want to talk about.

At that End moment I will get on my knees and repent with all my heart , and say to God, I was just fooling with all these guys

30. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 11 years ago

Jesus is my idol I wish that he would make Easter eggs available to everyone at all times of year.

1. profile image56

LOL

31. editorsupremo profile image67
        editorsupremoposted 11 years ago

Oh well at least I can celebrate my birthday on the 14th July and have a good old knees up before the day of reckoning comes!

But hold on, I thought no one knows the time or date of the saviour's return.  Have you got some special bond with him upstairs that you get to know before the rest of us plebs!!

Apparently she has.

1. profile image0

do we know why nonto21 has been banned from HubPages?  Was he/she too young?

No we don't, I don't think they share that kind of information?

1. needmoretime profile image60
                needmoretimeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was skimming through this site and I noticed a lack of tollerance for certain philosophies and antiphilosophies 'for lack of a better word'. Should I fear expulsion for going against the grain?

That describes about a third of the contributors here. So I am not sure lack of tolerance or going against the grain would be it. Could be?

I'm not sure if I want to even participate here, not that I'm afraid of being kicked off of a website. It's a little biased and discriminatory to base an expulsion on age or lack of empathy.

We do not know that those are the reasons so I wouldn't worry too much. If you have opposing views I doubt it would matter as long as they are expressed respectfully. Great discussions flow when it is done in this manner more so when they have opposing views. It's quite cool to see these dialogues transpire. Much can be learned by just reading. I see glimpses into the workings of the inner mind and it's fascinating.

It doesn't matter, What's done is done. On to less entertaining posts.

2. profile image0

I always think it sad when someone is banned, for whatever reason.  Even when a person is getting annoying and intolerant of other commentators, and I can say thank goodness they have gone, I would prefer that person learn to stay and share more of him/her self.  And if it's a young person, it would be better if they could learn from educated adults who consider good education important.

Looking at some of the posts in these forums, I wouldn't call it a lack of understanding. Maybe, a lack of acceptance. But that shouldn't give license to kick the kid off. That's why I might not be around very long. I don't know if I can be audience to such biases.

1. profile image0

Please keep with us, and keep exploring for what interests you.  I did not really get moving and enjoying HubPages until I had got through a couple of months at least. 

Don't get put off by something I have posted here.  You will find the context as time passes, and things will then fit into place.

You look familiar to me. Maybe it's my age or my eyes but your avatar reminds me of someone.

2. needmoretime profile image60

Maybe I should mention I was born in the early 60's, before I get booted.

32. momster profile image60
        momsterposted 11 years ago

As my understanding is...No one knows when God will come not even his angels.
        So best thing to do is just stop wasting your life waiting for your last day to come. To many people are obsessing with the end of days and need to focus more on living than dying. We will all die sooner or later, why worry about it now if you don't know when your time is up.  Who really wants to know the day they are going to die? Is it going to change how your living now?

33. Uninvited Writer profile image78
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

People get banned for personal attacks..for continuing to create accounts to circumvent a ban.... for starting too many attack or useless threads. People do not get banned for political or religious opinions.

What a coincidence that you found this thread.

I was being addressed, Sorry if you find a coincidence in that. Is that how people get kicked off here. I might as well quit now, for fear of someone mistaking me for someone else. It's this kind of arrogance that turns people off to people.

1. profile image0

Would you like to put a bit more about yourself into your Profile?

Why don't I say it now? I need more time. I'm waiting to die and this just seemed like the thing to do, when I'm hooked up. You know what I mean?

1. profile image0

Every minute you are alive is precious and can have an important purpose to unfold.  What you have to offer here might be regarded as precious by someone else.  Maybe it would be good for you to do so before it's too late.

I can only say what I know about myself. I only have what I remember, forgetting the past and getting over the jitters is the hard part. Other than that, I don't really fear dying anymore.

1. profile image0

Welcome

What's your story? Rather read it from you, in the first.

1. profile image0

70 yrs old.  Have come through a lot of exploration in my life.... a lot of the time lonely.  Tried the christian path(s) but found more of the Buddhist way suits me more.  However, I am warm to the needs of individual journeys, and trying to respect diversity.

That's a start anyway.  smile

34. needmoretime profile image60
        needmoretimeposted 11 years ago

Well. Gotta go enjoy what's left and embrace the day. Talk to you guys later.

1. profile image0

Hope to see you back soon.

1. profile image0

This sounded like a genuine cry for help... hope he's ok?

35. Cheeky Girl profile image67
        Cheeky Girlposted 11 years ago

Please, how many more predictions of the end of the world do we have to put up with? And in the forums! It's bad enough watching all those Roland Emmerich end of world movies - ala John Cusack and the 2012 thing! Entertaining though it was!

These kinds of threads just prove an increasing set of fallibilities contained in the Bible, when so many nuggets of information, however true or otherwise - get highjacked into these kinds of claims. And I can't see the snipped link, so that's just great! Thanks a bunch!

There won't be any more predictions, she was right all along. I'm dialling in from heaven right now. I never dreamed there'd be the Internet up here.

Oh and the word is, some ten headed dragon beastie is lurking just off the coast of New York. Watch out people if it begins to get a bit hot down there.

1. profile image0

I've never been to New York, but isn't that "... ten headed dragon beastie" lurking somewhere in Manhattan?  That would be on-shore, right?  wink

Thousands of them! They come out from every manhole -literally and figuratively- as soon as evening rush over is over. Especially in Queens. Crunched a few in my day. Most people just scream, thinking it will scare them off. it just makes them dance more.

lol

1. profile image0

I heard of a little dragon-beastie on holiday in New York.  He (the nastier gender but far from it for me to be sexist!) was trying to cross the road.  Went too slowly, and a truck ran over his tail and cut it off.

Poor little beastie did not know what to do, in the city with the most delights for a devil, without his tail.

So he hopped into a drug store and asked:  "Excuse me, do you retail spirits?"

lol !

36. startupninja profile image60
        startupninjaposted 11 years ago

If he indeed comes back ... he'll most definitely be WTF are you people smoking!? You made a mess of this place... I shouldn't have told u all that crap about God... u Fu.ked Up big time...

A lot has been said on this forum. Many of you have made a mockery of an Holy God, Jesus Christ, the risen Lord, King of KIngs, the Alpha and Omega, the one and only True God.

I pray that the good Lord will forgive every idle words that has been spoken on this forum. For "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Heb. 10:31

For those here who claim to have the intellectual knowledge of the Bible without a personal relationship with the God of the Bilbe, my prayer for you is that you will come to know Him (Christ Jesus, the Savior of all men) and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His suffering - Amen! smile

"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give an account for every thoughtless word they have uttered" Matthew 12:36

The reason many of those with an intellectual knowledge of the bible no longer believe or follow God, Jesus or the "God of the bible" is directly because of that knowledge. They have learned through intense study, that the bible is the same as every other mythological storybook.

2. profile image0

Your beliefs are true for you, ComfortB.  You are entitled to believe what you want.  I would never try to break down what holds true for you.

Your beliefs are not there to impose on others, like myself, who have tried your versions of things and found them wanting.

In an earlier post you wrote:  "The Book doesn't cause trouble, its speaks Truth."  This is so, so unintelligent.  No book "speaks," unless you use it as a metaphor.  We humans have devised language(s) in order to communicate ideas, knowledge and feeling.  That "Book" you write about was written by humans, in order to convey information, a long time ago, in another "age."

I prefer to admire and respect scientific study which is done by humans, working diligently to discover "truths" about our finite world.  None of the findings are absolute and final, of course.  They reflect the ongoing nature of knowledge and endeavour. 

The backward looking, locked-in fundamental beliefs in that bible are only used by power-hungry individuals trying to hinder our life today, with very little understanding of good sense.  IMHO.

1. startupninja profile image60
              startupninjaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excellent argument regarding the Bible being a metaphor... I would also like to add one important fact... there is NO common version of the Bible, as the content and the order of individual books vary across denominations.
              I'm not a big fan of wiki references however in this case the explanation provided there is incredibly well put:
              "The 24 texts of the Hebrew Bible are divided into 39 books in Christian Old Testaments, and complete Christian Bibles range from the 66 books of the Protestant canon to the 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Bible. The Hebrew and Christian Bibles are also important to other Abrahamic religions, including Islam[1] and the Bahá'í Faith,[2] but those religions do not regard them as central religious texts..."
              So I would pose the question which one of these reiterations of "The" Bible speaks the "Truth" ?!

1. Recently Awakened profile image61

Not to mention the gospels that have been left out, some of which, probably haven't even been rediscovered yet. Authors being unknown presents a bit of challenge, as well. Would it have been a different story if Jesus himself, instead of a human ruler years later,decided which books should have been included and which, if any, should have been left out?

2. jacharless profile image74

With regard to Judaic-Christian texts speaking truth, all variations, I think, express a measure of truth, yes. Absolute truth, no. Same as all scientific compilations regarding human discoveries of universal things/properties speak a measure of truth. Absolute truth, no. An atom is not really an atom, yet we accept the term which describes this multi-expressive unit of energy as such. Texts, and all literature for that matter, are designed to convey a single or collective belief, based on a system of considerations. This is the beauty of writing. Both science and sensation add or leave out information, on purpose, to make the reader read further or investigate for themselves. Nothing is ever written in stone, even when it is written in stone. Take for example the new found Mayan wall calendar with mathematics that boggle the modern mind or a crypt which now displays what appears to be the space exploration of the Mayan king {actually several entities of unknown origin} versus earlier carvings deemed a burial position. Or the text of Thomas, who ministered to much of India, believed to be Y`shua himself, an enemy of Saul of Tarsus, found to be murdered and buried by the same tribal king fifty years after the fall of Rome.

James.

Yes change is a constant.

37. secularist10 profile image60
        secularist10posted 11 years ago

It never ceases to amaze how some can be so confident that they, with their puny limited human brains, KNOW the absolute, unchanging truth about the most mysterious and impenetrable aspects of the universe.

"But... but... it's in the Bible!!"

Lol.

Like TV, it must be true

1. profile image0

Even Shakespeare!  TV or not TV, zat is za kwestion!

38. Dave Mathews profile image60
        Dave Mathewsposted 11 years ago

ACCORDING TO WHO!? God will never reveal the day or time that Christ is to return to end this world as we know it today.

39. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

So do you....and you don't have a bible.

40. SwordofManticorE profile image69
        SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

I have a prophecy to tell you. On July 25th 2012, sister Jen Christopherson and those who believe in the 24th event will be back here explaining their reason of date error, and then will come another time with a new false date.

41. sallieannluvslife profile image78
        sallieannluvslifeposted 11 years ago

It is very dangerous to prophecy about Christ's return.  When I was a little girl, my Dad believed a well-known preacher when he gave the date of Christ's return and  we, as children, not understanding or knowing the Bible by reading it ourselves and understanding it, believed them.  We watched as our Dad told others with such insane veracity as they looked at him with disdain and unbelief.  The day came and went without so much as a rumbling thunderstorm.  Those people who were not Christian would not believe a single word he uttered from that point on, whether biblical or not, and the Christians who knew the Bible and it conveying the fact that only God, the Father, not even the Son, knows the time of Christ's return thought that he was, from that point on, an unreliable and irresponsible "preacher".  He did not learn his lesson and still does the same thing today when a well-known preacher is irresponsible and says that Christ will return on such-and-such a date.  He even goes so far as to say things to his grandchildren, "well, you won't be here to see your 18th birthday" or "you won't live to graduate college", etc.  Those things may be so, but a specific date is not Biblical.  Christ will return only on the date of God's perfect timing, no sooner, no later.  According to the Bible, we must all live our lives as if He is to return any second, minute or hour.  What will you do if He comes today, tell him you are not ready because He was supposed to come on the 24th of July?

1. autumn18 profile image58
          autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder though what you have to do to be "ready" for Christ's return? I thought as long as you acknowledged/accepted Jesus as your lord and savior you were good to go. No?

1. sallieannluvslife profile image78
            sallieannluvslifeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

live according to His laws, Christ's gospel and love one another

Readiness = look really busy! The lazy servants are in big twubble.

1. sallieannluvslife profile image78
              sallieannluvslifeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are so many comedians on here!!

Yes there are. lol

big_smile Well, I am no comic, but we all need to lighten up.
                If I recall correctly: the yolk is easy and the burden [the] light.
                All this heavy is getting heavier on people by the minute and the books getting heavier with each new & improved translation. I say we take his advice, dump the books, bangles, beads, beliefs in sensation or equation and jump into the sweet symphony of Life two feet, straight away, eyes open, big smiles.

Should this man physically return, so be it. Not my business. Actually, not even his business to know. Our business -as he requested- is to manifest the KOH within. Sure beats all the rough and tumble. Or not. I suppose it depends on the individual, yes?

...and now a remake of The Oldest Known Melody ever written. circa 1400 BCE. PS, its a little choppy.

I think there is something very wrong with the Christianity picture James.

Historically we have a Catholic Church which abused the masses, hid the truth in Latin and mumbo jumbo ceremony. It even thought it had the authority to condemn someone to hell by excommunicating them, not forgetting the torture by fire beforehand. They also thought their sins needed to be beaten out of them by self flaying, the cilace, and the hair shirt.

The Protestant Churches have faired little better. A man is judged in accordance with his beliefs and not his conduct. To be a proper member of these clubs one has to toe the party doctrine and to question the doctrine is tantamount to heresy which results in God setting one on fire.

There are three paths to heaven commonly trod: worship and adoration; service and evangelism; monasticism. One's value is determined by how hard one persues these paths, salvation by works by another name. Don't worship with tears and lifted hands - you are not after Jesus' heart. Don't do street evangelism or preach to your colleagues enough - their blood is on your hands. Don't spend enough time studying the word to confirm the correct doctrine - you are worldly. All of these paths seek to enslave the believer and weigh them down with manmade burdens.

Jesus said love your enemies and do good to them, and your neighbour as yourself. He's expecting us to treat our enemies as our equal, that is to have no enemies. It's to really love in a practical manner those who hate us. Humanly speaking this is impossible. He tells us to love God with all our hearts minds and souls, that is, every thought action and emotion must be directed at and focused on God. This too is humanly impossible. Yet the burden is easy and the yoke is light? Something is wrong here, we have missed it. We try the loving our neighbours and the thinking about God, but we cannot maintain this for more than an hour or so. Human effort will fail.

At this point someone will say this is why we need to be filled/baptised in the HS. But do they actually know what this means? Can they identify this event and distinguish it from sensation, pseudo-spirituality, the subconscious mind revealing thoughts to the concious, feeling a little dizzy lightheaded, a pulse of adrenalin? No they cannot, it is a state of blind faith. After the "filling" they are no different than before and still fail to fulfill Jesus' commands. We are supposed to be new creatures but there is little or no evidence operating in anyone's life that I have ever met.

We are not living in the state Jesus expected, and it cannot be achieved by self concious effort or pseudo HS experience. A higher God-conciousness? Maybe. It's something I'm looking into.

1. profile image0

I have just watched on Australian TV a film about Millionaire Preachers in Nigeria.  If anyone had any doubt about the human ability to be hood-winked and sucked in to total delusion, watch that film.   There is a tendency to blame the Preachers for becoming rich.  Yet hundreds or thousands of otherwise sensible, intelligent people are at the base of the pyramid, supporting the money bags which are handed to those Preachers.   Who then is to blame?  Really?

2. profile image0

That's a nice post. It details why I think most everyone misses the main point. You can't achieve the 'new spirit' level religion makes you believe is there, because religion has historically addressed only half of what truly matters. It pays lip service to your relationship with others, but then it preaches a gospel  perverted into direct odds of working toward empathy and compassion.

Which is why I think people like Mother Teresa are such shining examples.  She questioned her faith and appears to have lost it. But she kept on going in her service to others.  And didn't let her lack of faith on the one level becoming a stumbling block to what she knew to be important. Loving God appears to grow more difficult.

If God exists, there must be a reason. I think that reason is because it is becoming more important for us to put love of our fellow man where it belongs. On an equal footing with a love for others. I sometimes wonder if  God exists; that might not be yet another sacrifice. Fading from the human arena in order for us to learn a lesson we apparently don't want to learn.

42. profile image50
        passingthewordposted 11 years ago

Jen The rapture theory is false doctrine.
        Read the Parable of the tares Matt 13.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Jesus explains in 13 37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

You see that there is only one harvest. the tares (those that don't follow Jesus) go to hell and the Good wheat (those that follow Jesus) will go to heaven.

We all know that the anti christ is coming but there is no rapture before it.
        Don't quit your job yet you will need it on the 25th

43. MaestroECMcCloud profile image75
        MaestroECMcCloudposted 11 years ago

Young lady it is sad that you are so lonely that you have to lie on Jesus to get attention. When july 24th comes and goes, you will bey forced to admit that you are a liar. Either that or Jesus lied, which I already know is impossible. Frankly I can't wait for that date to pass so we can allsee you for the attention craving delusional, pitiful windbag that you are. God desires more than lip service. That is all, if anything, that you have imparted to the rest of us rational beings on here.

And this the typical Christian air-of-pretentious self-righteousness I see coming from you?
          Really? And what argument would you be able to make on that subject? You have a belief which you've reinforced with self-righteous faith, which blinds you to your own feeble flawed reflection of yourself, yet at the same time your spread that flawed reflection of self on to other people. Just in case you didn't know, that's an ego driven action.
          Dude, you seriously need to take a chill pill. Just in case you have trouble getting into the forums and wonder why? You broke the rules. Probably rules you didn't even bother to read. http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules
          And, your action show you have no God to pay lip service to. Why? How? Easy, your actions speak otherwise. Your actions speaks as if you're paying lip service to the God you believe in. Open your eyes.
          You're rational? Really? Yet to prove that. lol

2. profile image0

Maestro, any claim you have to believing in a Loving God, or a Forgiving Christ, or anything that your Paul wrote to the Corinthians, is negated by several of your posts.
          You mentioned "discerning."  Yes, and you are judging a woman who most probably is not in good health, mentally.   At least, that is what we can best guess at in regards to "Jen."  Several people spoke about the probability that she is schizophrenic.  Whatever it is, she was not talking down-to-earth stuff.
          So, what would a "christian" like yourself be expected to do?   Set a good example of patience, kindness and understanding I would suggest for a start.
          As a gentleman who would know first hand the effects of prejudice, please open your eyes, your heart and your sense of justice.
          Lip Service??   smile

3. profile image50

Deleted

1. profile image0

Reading the first page was enough for me, thank you very much.

By the way, when "He" comes, how will I recognise him?   Will he wearing sneakers?  Or Hippy-Style hand-me-down clothing?  Or hand knitted poncho?  Will he have long hair down to the waist?  Or short-back-and-sides, masquerading as a banker?  Maybe he will be wearing the sort of garb that the Archbishop wears. 

Will he be toeing the line in politics?  Maybe a Greenie?  Or a Republican?  Will he be a Mahatma Gandhi, lowly and gentle?  Will he be a Martin Luther King Jr?  Being able to speak to a crowd and handle the paparazzi would be useful in getting to the masses.

Of course, the answer to all of these questions is totally irrelevant.   The "Christ" is the centre of your's and my being, at the place we each need to visit at least once in our lifetime.  This "Christ" does not have to be waited for, bowed down to, adorned with artistry over the centuries and have wars fought over his name.  You and I can go to this place at the centre of our being any time, in any circumstance we choose.  24 July or 12 December, or any other date you are waiting for is a "pie in the sky."

44. pennyofheaven profile image79
        pennyofheavenposted 11 years ago

.....I will let you all know if Jesus comes on the 24th. Our 24th is before everyone else's so you will all have time to do whatever you're meant to do.

lol lol lol

45. profile image57
        Coleman2013posted 11 years ago

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son (Christ), but the Father (God) alone...Matthew 24:36.  Scripture warns about "date setters".  We do not have Prophets any longer, in fact not for over 2000 years, we no longer need those who Prophecy; we have God's Word, The Holy Scriptures, and most importantly we have the Holy Spirit.  As believers in Christ Jesus, we speak, pray and ask the Spirit for guidance, comforting, protection, understanding just to name a few.  But as being born again, we are instructed to meditate on his Word, put on the "Full Armor of God", "Test the Spirits"; to see if they are of God, Moses instructed this so that we are not mislead by false prophets, soothseyers, mediums and those who practice and dabble in the black arts...In a nut-shell: Keep your eyes fixed on the Lord above and study his Word, which is the Ultimate Authority.

1. profile image0

All you do is repeat parrot-fashion all the texts and rubbish you have been fed with in your church.  There is virtually no discerning or understanding of the deeper meanings for your life.  Utterly unintelligent, boring, unfactual, just belief system working overtime.

1. profile image57
            Coleman2013posted 11 years agoin reply to this

How would you know that Jonney? you are an un-believer, and I agree, you and un-believers like yourself are to closed-minded to be able to discern Truth and Understanding, because of your choice to conduct a wasted complaincancy of your life that God gave you.  You say unfactual; "prove it", but you will always be unable to because you are shallow minded and ignorant, but hey', God gave you that will...Sounds like SatanComeLately in your life wink

1. profile image0

You are anonymous.   Afraid to put anything about yourself in your profile. 

Your last post has shown that much of what I said about you previously is obviously true.

Closed-minded?  Look in the mirror.

1. profile image57

Actually you are describing yourself, maybe that is why you felt it was necessary to include your self portrait in your post's.  And why would would I put anything in my profile? to allow closed-minded individuals such as yourself to attempt to micro manage what you choose not to understand? Satan has a hold on you Fella, you may want to throw your mirror away, it is obviously working on your self gratification.  Would you like to set some dates as well, you know when Jesus Returns, go right ahead, when those dates come and go, you can explain to the Church why that is.

roll roll roll roll roll roll roll

2. profile image0

The "church" does not need or deserve an explanation from me.   Maybe the "church" you belong to is summed up thus:   Convenient Hierarchical Use of Religion for the Control of Humanity. 
                  Let's all have some fun, instead of this serious stuff you have brought into the Hub.  Just supposing you and I end up in Hell, side by side.   Will you love me as a brother?  Or maybe hate me for all eternity?   Whichever it is, we will have a few chats about what happened and what was said in HubPages.
                  And apparently there are endless free hot saunas to be had down there (Keep your hands off me!)..   Plenty of time for chatting and complaining about regrets...... that you didn't enjoy yourself on Earth while you had the chance.

And nothing more than pure ego in that statement. Get over yourself dude.
              And you cannot prove a God gave you life or anyone else for that matter. Too bad you don't see your own arrogance and prideful(egotistical) actions are doing.
              And your ego has led you to be blind to your own actions. I guess "Satan" is working within you, yet you fail to recognize it. Hmmm......

1. profile image57

As well as in your's...Get over yourself Son.  And you cannot prove God did not give me Life or Your's for that matter.  To bad you don't realize my Confidence in what I believe, and I don't think you have any idea where my Confidence has led me and what my Motivations are.  I think though something is being stirred up in your Empty Words and you realize it! Hmmm......Oh by the way; I was replying to what the Lady had asked early on, not pushing what I believe onto others, but maybe if you were able to pay better attention to detail in what I had originally said, you may have been wiser to the fact that I do not overly care what you think, but I am willing to challenge your atheistic views as long as you'd like, pure and simple.

Actually, there was no ego on my part of my statement for the simple fact that I was only pointing out your actions. For you to attempt to claim that my ego is the problem, then you must have a high enough awareness to tell the difference between an ego driven action vs a conscience driven action. And guess dude, you've fail to recognize your own actions. Which only means, you're casting now your own reflection.

This happens when people like you who don't understand their own life, mix it up with people who do understand life.
                  Your statement here proves only ignorance is justified type of mentality. I don't have to prove it because I've never asserted it one way or the other. I'm not the one who believe in mystical junk which is based on intellectual dishonesty(mysticism based thinking).
                  I'm not going to care one way or the other. Dishonesty is dishonesty.
                  Actually, pointing out the irrationality of your belief is not empty because you will take action in defense and then you sit there with a smug look on your face, thinking what I do is empty because you own the self righteous attitude that comes with your belief.

Your actions show what you've learned and I'm just helping to put them into perspective for others and calling you on the irrationality of such beliefs.
                  Atheistic view? Then you apparently misunderstand, which isn't a surprise.

I'm not an Atheist. I'm not a Deist either. I'm not Theist neither. I'm not an Agnostic either.

I hold no belief whatsoever that your God you believe in is anymore real and that of Santa Claus. Why? Because there's absolutely no need for a God to exist in the first place.

1. profile image57

"Mystical Junk", you keep burning yourself Cagsil, your ego driven and self centered, in so many words you are a hypocrite, your own words contradict what comes out of your mouth!  Point in Fact you are an Athiest, and if you were truly comfortable with the mind set God gave you, you would admit this and be on your Merry Way.  You don't want God to exist in your own life because you most likely are not part of his plan for Salvation.

Actually, would you like to explain your irrational statement here?

I don't contradict. I'm not a hypocrite either. So, yet again you show off your own reflection yet fail to see that you're doing it.

I on the other hand have no problem with my ego. It's presently in check and has been since I started this conversation because yet again you fail to realize or read properly. I am only pointing out your actions.

It is not egotistical to point out when someone else is doing it. And since I'm pointing out yours, you cannot use the reverse argument with me. I'm not the reverse.
                      Point in fact is you cannot even spell the word, must less know an Atheist when you speak to one.

Again, I'm not an Atheist by any definition of the word.

Actually, if I was bestowed with the mind set a God gave me, then you would be dead and not speaking as of this post. Because, if I had the mind set of the God you seem to believe in, then I'm pretty damn sure s/he/it wouldn't want you talking any longer because you shame she/it/him.
                      Actually, I have no need for a God to exist in the first place. I'm not weak minded. I'm not ignorant to the understanding of the knowledge and wisdom accumulated until this perfectly ripe age of 43.

What you fail to understand is that you continue to speak from a ego perspective. It's not conscience speaking and until that time when conscience does speak through you, you're not worth listening to.

3. Recently Awakened profile image61

If I may jump in here, jonny is one of the most open-minded individuals I have had the opportunity to discuss and debate itellectual ideas with and he welcomes the thoughts of others, even when they are not aligned with his.

I second that.

4. pennyofheaven profile image79

Love your enemies might be a timely read. Or do unto others as you would them do unto you might be worth a review too...

1. profile image57

I agree, and I will admit I should set a better example.  But I could say the same for everyone who has replied in opposition to what I said.  Personally I don't view anyone as my enemy, not to say that others do not view me as one, but I am not the type of Christian who lies down, rolls over and folds under pressure.  If I am going to be challenged on my beliefs, I would ask first by whomever, if they are prepared for a Challenge as well.  Was I challenging your beliefs; no.  I could cover many topics Scripture states, but I felt the need to reply in what you said, am I trying to insult you; no, am I trying to convert you; no.  But I could have many in opposition into what I originally said and it would make no difference to what I believe.  Sometimes I have the feeling that many who are in opposition to Christianity have a deluded idea that we feel as if we are better then others, I certainly don't feel that way and never have, I treat my Friends with respect, my Friends treat me with respect, but if I am blatantly going to be insulted, I will give the one who insults; a nip of there own medicine, I have found in my own experiences with certain individual's, if you bring up there awareness with the same type of tactics they use in insults directed towards you, eventually they will realize they initiated something they don't don't like as well.  If Jesus Returns July 24th, "awesome", but if he does not, I appreciate the set date to be left up to the Lord and the Lord only, and not by someone who has their own date in mind, and decides to recant and set another when that day comes and goes.  Take Care

I actually did not view your response to my post as in opposition to what I said. It appeared to be saying the same thing, just put in the way you understood it. Apart from the God above bit, it made sense to me. If it was not how I perceived it perhaps you would like to point out the differences?

I realized long ago there is little point in trying to convert anyone to any kind of belief. That is their choice and where they are at. If they do not agree with my views or beliefs, doesn't matter to me and I am sure it doesn't matter to them. If it does matter to them, I can do little about it.

2. profile image0

Coleman, my one big criticism of christian evangelism is when something is stated as fact to a potential convert, when it should be stated clearly as a belief.
                  You, I, everyone has the right to believe what ever we wish.  Yet, to try to trap a person to your way of believing, when that person is vulnerable to strong suggestion for any reason is, in my estimation, immoral. 
                  Vulnerability can be when a person is down on their luck; in the aftermath of divorce or family split-up; lonely and without support of any community; etc.
                  It's ok to offer comfort, shelter, food, medical help, when there is a need.  That help should be offered freely and without encumbrance
                  If you say to your potential convert, "This is what I (we) believe.  We are happy to wait on you whilst you sort out what you wish to believe and will respect whatever conclusion you come to," then that is the sort of unconditional love which can benefit.
                  Now, don't tell my you "know it's a fact," so that "proves it."  You cannot prove a belief.   All you can do is come to a conclusion which satisfies your belief.   You can be as deeply convinced as you wish.... again as is your right.  It still ain't proof!
                  When you as a professing christian accept this, I can respect you.

1. profile image57

Jonny, as a professing Born Again Bible Believing Christian, in my humble opinion, I Believe what I say and that's proof enough for me.  What I stated in my first reply to pennyofheaven, I stand by it 100% and will do so as long as I am not stricken by alzheimer's.  I did not open pandora's box, I stated my thoughts, and will gladly do so again.  What gave you the idea that I am trying to prove anything to anyone? is that something I said? or are you reaching?  Can you prove it to me that what I have said is not Proof?  You say "it still ain't proof!", well then by all means; Prove it!  In my humble opinion...you will not be able to, and you will guarantee yourself; that's a Fact.  Never in my life up until these last few days have I engaged in such "back & forths" but I am enjoying the challenge.  And I have respect from those I care about, that's plenty good for me.  That being said, I can respect your views, but it does Not mean I will bend to them.  And good grief! where was the entrapment.

You are being too specific. He's speaking in general. Christian evangelists, in general, tend to say that what they believe is fact, unadulterated truth, when it is in fact a belief. To state it as fact is a misnomer. You have faith. No real, grounded evidence. As such, when you are evangelizing people, instead of saying what we believe is 100% truth, blah blah, and using scare tactics, and the like, as many do, come to people with humble attitudes saying this is what we believe to be true, decide for yourself if this is a path you want to walk, with grace, instead of mindless dribble about how doomed someone is. Too many christians are "trying to be God" as I believe it's been well-stated. Just share your view. But save the word "fact" for that which is a fact, regardless if someone "believes" it or not, like the fact that the Earth isn't flat, as an example.

2. profile image0

Coleman, in one of your earliest replies to one of my posts you included this phrase: "...to allow closed-minded individuals such as yourself...."   Then I suggested you go look in the mirror.    Try that again if you will.

Doesn't this statement "Jonny, as a professing Born Again Bible Believing Christian, in my humble opinion, I Believe what I say and that's proof enough for me" sound like you are closed-minded?

Is there no room in your mind for anything new to be learned?  Are you going to remain in this tight-jacket of understanding and acceptance until you reach the point of departure from this world?  Is your "god" so small and pathetic that "he" demands you have one, narrow, blinkered view of "him" as you glean from a "holy" book?  I could never waste my time  "believing" in such an imaginary being. 

For me, the world I see around me, with all it's wonder, it's glory, it's challenges, it's faults, it's infinite variety of experience, is all I need to sustain my existence.  When it is over then other life forms will take up the substance of my body and, hopefully, the memories which people have of me will help in some small way to support and sustain their sense of wonder, too.

There are so many little foibles in your posts that it would be a waist of time reiterating them here.  I encourage you to look back and find them for yourself   It would be a useful exercise in self-awareness.

1. profile image57

Johnny, how are ya?  You don't sound to happy, sounds like you need to find a good Church to attend and fellowship with others who are searching.  You are really on the mirror kick arn't you!  I tell ya Jonny, what is small and pathetic is your futile attempts to change my mind set.  You are unable to put forth the time to believe in a greater power beyond your puny existence because you deliberately choose to, this makes you a selfish closed minded individual, your an Atheist Jonny, you choose to live your life the way you want to, "but hey", that's your God given right, and I can respect that.  What others life forms are going to take up your body?  "Maggots" and "Wild Animals"...that was a joke!  Oh and hold on a second Cowboy..."And  your posts don't have any little foibles; who do you think your kiddin?".  I went way back and found a slurry rolling down hill of Jonnycomelately foibles!  Let's not be a hypocrite now Jonny, otherwise I may have to join your " look in the mirror band wagon".

2. profile image57

You Know; Approach determines Response.  Your intelligent, and I am confident you understand this, but do you comprehend it?

46. profile image57

Read Matthew 7:14 Cagsil, and hopefully our third-wheel "jonny" will also.  It basically is describing un-believers (Athiests) such as yourself and all those poor Soul's who choose a bleak outlook in Life.  Unfourtunatly if you and all those who continue to harden your hearts to Truth, will one day face the Great White Throne Judgement, now all ribbing aside...I would not want or wish that upon anyone, but God gave you and individuals like you free will to make your own choice, there is no grey area.  But get this, the longer you harden your heart towards God; he will eventually harden your heart! and when you speak about God and Christianity toward others, nothing but blasphemous, empty, closed minded garbage will spew from your mouth, but looks like your well on your way.  Take Care and good luck, hope you find purpose and happiness one day, and if you are a man and have a family, hopefully you will start setting the right example for them, because one day you will have to give an account for the decisions you made in your life, and hopefully it will " for your sake" be at the Judgement.  If you continue to think the way you do, I suggest preparing a good excuse for yourself that justifies your ignorant thinking, because God does not reason with those who choose to ignore him...I'am out-----------

Okay, let me ask you something, since you apparently don't like to read much of what people write to the screen....let's see if you can tolerate yet another thing which you will not be able to dispute.

On what planet did you conclude that I have a bleak outlook on or in life? I will have to ask someone else please step in here and hopefully, someone who really knows me and understands my main message to people, will inform you how wrong your perception of me, really IS.
          Yes, according to your irrational beliefs which you have rationalized to be perfectly justified, I'm sure you would see things this way. However, when you do speak a truth of some sort, I'll gladly admit you did it. Until then, don't assume anything.
          Really? What God would that be? The God of the bible, the one that is improbable, not possible and completely bogus, if that's the one you're talking about, then I don't have to worry about it.
          Again, what God?
          Actually, that would be the reflections of the followers. Most of them cannot see beyond themselves...it's one of the things inherent to the bible.
          Are you serious? I have purpose in my life. I have meaning for it too. I have happiness too. I have love and I am loved. What more could I ever need/desire/want? By the way, I'm responsible for all my action. I even know the consequences of my actions....and you know what I even know the reaction I going to receive.

When you grow in awareness and knowledge, then maybe you will heed the wisdom in what I have been telling you. Then again, maybe not.
          Let me tell you something....if there is a God, as you claim, and HE is according to the descriptions man has given HIM, then his followers should be shot and be done with, so there can be peace on Earth. They want him so badly, then they should truly be with HIM.
          *note above sarcasm*

Your statements are absurd. IF there's a God, when I meet HIM, then I will be the most gracious individual in the world of all worlds and tell him to kiss my a$$. Remember, man made the description. If you think the description is something to worship, then you should see someone about that. It could result in mental problems later.

1. profile image57

You know Cagsil, I think I am exercising the emptiness inside you, you prove that you are not happy by the poor choice of words you recently used; "then his followers should be shot". Well, I never thought I would hear another say such a thing, especially one who uses an American Flag and Bald Eagle for his signature.  The very Flag I fought defending for my Country and the Eagle representing our Nation, I am appald that I would hear such a statement from what I am assuming is an American.  I have spent 16 years and 4 months serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, here and abroad, and I have never heard another American say such a thing!  This Country was founded by God-Fearing Men who understood the importance of the Bible and implemented it in to our way of living, and Athiests like you are corrupting our Society.  It's just that kind of talk that could end your bleak reality if you spouted it outside the confines of your hedge of protection.  But something tells me your ego is quite limited to the Internet only.

See yet again...reading comprehension problem....did you miss *note above sarcasm*?
              And like I said...did you miss *note above sarcasm*?
              And I'm very grateful for you fighting and defending the Country. But, under no circumstance do you take for granted that you're somehow special? You're not.
              It's called Freedom of Speech. It's in the Constitution, which YOU should know a bit about if you're defending it, don't you think?
              You assume too much in this statement.
              Again, quit calling me an Atheist. I'm not one. And, actually I'm not corrupting Society. In no such manner am I corrupting society.
              Actually, you've overlooked that is was sarcasm.
              Really? Interesting limited vision you have, but that's okay. It goes along quite well with your skewed reflection which you have no hope of ever seeing. lol

1. profile image57

Cagsil "Your an Atheist", it's called Freeom of Speech ignoramus...LoL, you coin the phrase "Garbage in Garbage out!", and my assumptions are burning a hole right through the middle of you. *note above sarcasm*?  Where do you get off telling me that I am taking that for granted? be honest with yourself! you envy people like me who have intelligence and courage to defend cowards such as yourself, and I don't need your grate-fullness, because your words are empty, a pure reflection of your Spirit.  You are the epitome of Corruption in our Society, you are not an American Citizen, you are a temporary guest!  By the way? am I replying to a Man or Women? and are you a teenager?  Next time you include a smiley; place a cloth on top of its head......LoL

And this is what you learned from your God?
                  Interesting statement. Again, you reveal much about yourself.
                  Actually, your assumptions are just that assumptions. Yes, you missed the part where I put *note above sarcasm* with regards to what you quoted. You assumed the statement said something which I implied was sarcasm, you mistook for actuality, reality. Your fault for your own reading comprehension.
                  As a citizen of this country is my duty to inform, just because you serve for this country, you are not special. Anyone can do it, if they put their mind to doing it.
                  Actually, I do my best at doing just that. Which is something you're failing to understand or grasp, for whatever reasons.
                  Envy? You fight for a freedom that is imposed by a tyrannical government and you expect me to be Envious of you? Talk about ego dude. Then on top of it, you call me a coward? Again, showing off so much more about you.
                  Dude, you seriously need to have your ego checked by a therapist. You make the claim that you don't need my gratefulness...but you make it a point that you defended my life and freedom and that it made you special somehow? Apparently, you think you're entitled to respect of some kind, but as I have already pointed out...the only thing you defended was a tyrannical government. Good show on you.

Really? Considering I am doing everything in my power as a citizens rights advocate to restore FREEDOM in America. Oh yeah, I'm corrupted because I think people should be equal when bringing a product/goods or services to market....and not skewed by powerful and wealthy jacka$$e$ have screwed up. And, I am presently working on fight for equal rights of ALL citizens.

So please.
                  Really? I was born and raised here. Or did you mean I'm not a "patriot" American citizen? If that's your stance, then you're worse of than I imagined.
                  We are temporary guests of this world. How's your acceptance of death? I have no issue with mine.
                  What's wrong? Don't like being put in your place? I am a 43 year old man, if that matter that much to you. Not that it should.
                  You find yourself amusing. At least you can laugh at yourself. It does have it's benefits.

1. profile image57

Mr. Cagsil, LoL...you put to much effort in empty words.  I don't think your a True American or a Patriotic American for that matter; just exercising my "Freedom of Speech" and that sort of thing.  Many people are born and raised in this Country that are not American, you of all people should understand this.  "Entitled to respect of some kind"; I am and have already received it.  People like you would not be around to express your Atheistic views on Society if it were not for Men like me, wether you like it or not!  Do you remember me telling you to reply??? I bet not!  But because you respect Men like me deep down, you envy what you have yet to accomplish in Life, "Purpose", Men like me intimidate you, Men with Values, that's why you are grateful, because without Men like me who Respect our Country and Government, people like you would not be around to impose you ignorant thought's on to our Society.  "put in my place"...LoL...Oh golly Castro', now your attempting to speak out of another orifice...LoL.  Out of the Mouths (or something else) of Babes LoL.  Anyhow good luck with your futile attempts to bring down the very Government that works hard to protect 43 year old men such as yourself, that have the mind set of immature children who are yet not at the age of accountability.  You know what I find amusing? the long reply's you type in order to justify your jibber Jabber...honestly maybe you should find a valid purpose in life, as for Enlistment, sorry to say your over the hill due to your age, and your mentality.  By for now, I have a purpose driven life to maintain and Athiest's to educate smile

Thank you very much. More reflection of yourself. You don't get it, do you?
                      Okay. That is your choice.
                      Yes, I'm aware of that. And, you know what, that's approximately 1 out of 10 million if you're lucky. But, yes you would be correct.
                      I'm sure you have and it's gone to your head.
                      See, that's your problem, as is it with many people around the world. You cannot see past yourself, long enough to engage a worldview. I don't have Atheistic views. I do from time to time, get into discussion with Atheists and they for the most part are not half egotistical as you have been in this thread.

There should be no wars. There should be no need for you to defend America. What brought you to enlist? Was your religious view? Or did you join because YOU wanted to serve?
                      I don't need your approval to reply to any post in this forum. Please do learn this is a public forum and if you don't like it, then too bad.
                      Where did you at anytime see me say that I respect Men like you?
                      OH WOW! You didn't just say that to me? Man, you need a tutor in reading.

I'm going to take the high ground here and say, any more banter with you could be construed as me baiting you. As far as I'm concerned, until you grow in awareness you will continue to be harmful to those around you.

1. profile image57

I get that your pushin it Mr.  I may have to bait you "big mouth", and when did I tell you that you need my permission to reply???  I said: "Do you remember me telling you to reply???".  Wake up desperate one!  Wow this is a Public Forum', thanks Cagsil, but I hope your not a Teacher.  Until you stop making statements as you did earlier; "Then his followers should be shot", well Cagsil, I am a Christian!  That makes me a follower, your not going to be able to convince others to your rhetoric which is hateful, disrespectful and unbecoming of an American until you stop deluding yourself.  But here is what I can do, I can take even a higher ground over you and report what you said in that statement to a higher authority than the HubPages Editor, you don't believe me??? Test my resolve...your anti-Semitic, anti-Government views can be easily listed to the proper authorities.  *not above sarcasm* is no excuse!!! Mr. I am 43 years old and going to set things straight in the world, if you cant hold your own with that using that blatant foolishness, then maybe you need some oversight by those who will not tolerate that kind of non-sence!

2. profile image57

Casil...this is "fun"...do you realize this all started over opinions!  But don't jump ship or plead the 5th just yet my man' or women, cause I am enjoying breaking in my new iPad3...I may just be able to preach some maturity, wisdom and down right Truth to you yet...get you of the pistol & ca$$ kick!  I believe if you attempted to Enlist in the Armed Forces, it might just set you straight in life, you could earn an honest income and invest in a Holy Bible and start meditating on the Word, which is in so many words: The Authority in your life.  You could set an honest example for your Family and Friends, instead of having others bring you happiness all of the time, you could exert some yourself, but first you have to fill that void, and it starts with Surrendering your old ways, but you have to be humble, and that may require some honest to goodness discipline!  The Marine Corps can give you just that, no matter if you are a willing participant or not wink

Actually, it was started because you've inserted your irrational rationalized and justified belief in a public forum.
                  Jump ship? Plead the 5th? Oh okay.
                  Really? And how do you suppose you are to accomplish this task you've set for yourself, when you cannot see past your own reflection?

I'm sorry to report to you that you don't presently possess a high enough awareness or knowledge about yourself yet, to make such a claim.
                  I'm not sure what you're inference is here? Nor do I understand the reference or context of this statement.
                  Sorry, I did try to enlist, but was unable to get in because I shattered my right wrist into 500 pieces and didn't have enough flexibility to get passed the physical. But, thank you for reminding of a dream I did have at one time. However, having said that, I was stupid kid and now with eyes open to the atrocity of tyrannical government which you defended.
                  Thank you but no thank you. There are 3 in my home presently and don't need another. Aside from the fact that I was a believer when I was raised and dropped the belief when I was 22 years old. And, yes I've read it several times.
                  Actually, why are suggesting for me to do this, when you've already proven it doesn't work for you?
                  All one sentence? Really? I think you should seriously, seriously stop and think. You have no clue the depth of my understanding or knowledge or anything else. Try reading some of my hubs. I would suggest you start with the one about Ego. Then, you might benefit from learning a little bit about Character. Because, what you have been displaying in this forum thread...has you in hot water with your own God.
                  I'm sure it could give anyone a headache. There's no doubt about that.

Although we do not always agree and we may appear to have different points of view, I have never perceived you as having a bleak outlook on life. Your outlook is rarely anchored by ego and incorporates all those qualities that Jesus taught.  I find you very grounded and realistic in your outlook.  Your main emphasis as being true to yourself using conscience is a very admirable trait. Honesty and Integrity are those attributes that make up your conscience and are reflected in the way you express yourself.

Anyway that's how I perceive you wink

Thank you Penny. Much appreciated. smile

2. Recently Awakened profile image61

And I second that. I don't have the same religious views as Cags, but after following the forums and doing some research, I can say that ego is not a ruling factor. And guess what, we can be A OK with having some differing views! I respect you Cags and what you stand for.

Thank you. smile Much appreciated.

The one thing many people fail to realize is that communication from more than one person is going to require acceptance and a person willing to practice tolerance.

I respect people's opinions and even some beliefs. But, I will always have words with people who claim one direction is best, yet don't lead by example. wink

How is this....  "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" describing unbelievers or poor souls who choose a bleak outlook on life pray tell?

It is not about hardened hearts either.

3. profile image0

Oh, do hang on a moment, Coleman,   I want to at least give you a big hug and a kiss.   But farewell.... hope this life brings you more than you expect in the next.

1. profile image57

I am sure it won't, but thanks for the sincerity, I think...Anyhow my very first reply joining Hub Pages was in a Response to pennyofheaven, I made a reply, and in no way was it to insult what she had said.  This is what I believe and hold fast to what I understand to be Truth, then a Certain Cagsil sends three smiley faces.  This is an open forum and we have the right to our own opinion, Cagsil even stated that to me, but if he wants a War of Words, then he needs to tread softly in what he says to others, he crossed the line and now he is on thin ice, pure and simple!  I don't play that dirty', but I can simply resolve the issue.  I have Friends who are Atheist's and they openly admit it!  But never once did they or would they stoop so low to make a suggestion like Cagsil did.  I shutter to think how Cagsil views Christians as well as Jewish People wholeheartedly or any one else who opposes his train of thought without attempting to minimize or justify the comment he made.  If one has the Gaul to say such things, then I suggest they put it out there Openly and Honestly, If one feels that they believe that sorta non-sense, "back it up", don't worry about being Politically correct, say what you have to say and we will go from there...

Oh I didn't know your initial post was in response to my post. I obviously had nothing to say on the matter or I would have responded.

1. profile image57

Ok?

Yes, it's ok.

47. profile image57

My sincere apologies Coghill for not spelling Atheist correctly, by the way, it sound as if I am rattling your cage...LoL, that's good though! maybye the Holy Spirit has plans for you yet, can't fight fate...Oh by the way, did I not spell your username correctly???  My apologies Cagsil wink

48. profile image57

Has anyone out there heard of Ronald Weinland?  I just finished reading his book, it is free by the way, you can request a copy of it on the Net, all I will say is I am glad that I am able to discern.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)