what is yor pet's name?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 148 discussions (175 posts)
  1. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

I have a rottweiler dog, Named Saffy Doo, she is the best, so darn clever its unbelievable. here she is.

http://bumdig.com/images/DSC00219.JPG

2. Born Again 05 profile image78
    Born Again 05posted 14 years ago

I have two dogs; Cricket and Daytona, three horses; Grace, Glory, Revelation, one pony; Little Man.

3. alekhouse profile image71
    alekhouseposted 14 years ago

My Golden Retriever died, but her name was Samantha. We called her Sam. She was an angel!

4. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Dear alekhouse: I know you miss your angel dog Golden Reriever, Samantha...that's always rough to lose a beloved animal.

I have a Black Lab-Chow Mix named: "Houston"
    And an Orange Lab Mix named: "O. C." for "Orange Crush"
    I just lost a dog last month when he died suddenly.His name was "Bronco Billy". He was a brother of "O.C." He was a Lab-mix w/ a little pit/bulldog in him. He was Brindle colored. It was horrible to see him go.

5. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 14 years ago

I have a golden retriever and named her Lady! Why? For a dog, she is so prissy and beautiful and conducts herself like a real lady. She even turns her nose up at foods she dislikes and walks away. Kinda how women do when being sassy or saucy. She has a sweet tooth out of this world. I always wondered why my lollypops were missing out of my candy dish.  She would often take them into the basement to enjoy them and leave the wrappers behind. LOL

6. Watch Tower profile image60
    Watch Towerposted 14 years ago

Buster, whom I love and adore
    His brother Burtis ( who was killed :-( )had a thing for walking on his hind legs
    Little Boots a black kitten /grown cat

Dusty got his name as he forever turned up covered in dust and cobwebs from exploring places. He's the only dog I ever had, he was a black Lab

7. Miss M profile image60
    Miss Mposted 14 years ago

My imaginary cat's called Cowabanga

8. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I think it was your imaginerey cat that just got blown to hell

9. Miss M profile image60
    Miss Mposted 14 years ago

You're super nice...

10. Eternal Evolution profile image72
    Eternal Evolutionposted 14 years ago

I have two cats named Achillies and Baylin and a pit bull named Bowser

11. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

APOLLO!
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/07/debbie_the_black_lab.jpg

12. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 14 years ago

Jerry and Brownie are my 2 dogs! smile

13. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Ebony and Ivory for obvious reasons, one dog is bleach white and the other one is pitch black, cute little things, always barking though.

14. profile image52
    Lottie Macposted 14 years ago

Used to have:
    Guinea pigs called, Snowy, Rabbit (don't ask), Fluffy, Annie, McPhee, Max, Jigsaw, Quasi-Modo, and one with no name.
    Rabbits called Pebbles and Poppy

Now have:
    Guinea pig called Rafa,
    Akita called Ceire (gaelic spelling of Keira, pronounced the same)
    Collie called Marley who likes to do handstands!

All have been rescues apart from 4 of the guineas who were born to two of our guineas, and Pebbles who we got from a breeder and friend.

15. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Past:
    Dogs- Chance, Spot, Buckwheat, Spanky
    Guinea Pigs- Stewart and Little
    Rats- Zoe, Lexi, Coco
    Chinchillas- Cheech, Chong, Chiko
    Cat- Boots
    Bearded dragons- Mali, Kina
    Leopard geckos- Buffy, Lily
    Mice and fish- no names

Current:
    Dogs- MIA, Codie, Bella, Zabu
    Leopard geckos- Anubis, Banin
    Ball python- Damien

Loads and loads of other reptiles that do not have names

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish I had all those, you must have a great place! I love reptiles, but have trouble keeping them around other people who do not. What a beautiful life!

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is a very busy life. Sometimes it's not a good thing to have so many.

I've added two Russian Tortoises- Carl and Lucy .... The names are not 100% decided upon.

16. LRobbins profile image46
    LRobbinsposted 14 years ago

2 cats, Samui (named after Koh Samui in Thailand) and Fuego (named after a volcano in Guatemala).  I like naming my pets after things that make me happy and of course they make me happy as well.

17. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

All I have left is Star.  She is a nap terrier. big_smile

I miss Chewy!  sad  don't tell Star that.  She was my mutt, a strange mix she was.  I had to give her up. 

I miss PB.  RIP PB, you waz my boy.  He was my 30lb. cat that got squashed by a car.  It was a sad day.

Oh Wookie where you!!!???  I had to give her up because PB started spraying.  She was an odd cat.  She would eat ramen out of my bowl.  I didn't know cats liked ramen, I hardly like ramen.

I miss Confucius and Kepler. They were my turtle.  My brother has them now because where I am going, they cannot come. sad

And Ruby!  My sweet Ruby.  She was my gurrrlll.  She got a new family after all the kids grew up and moved away.  She got lonely so my dad gave her to a good family with children she could be with.  *sniffle*  Then she got kicked by their horse, but she was ok. 

Don't know if she is alive anymore.  She was a German Shepard lap dog that could walk backwards.  smile

18. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

DikiKat (cat)
    Stevens (cat)
    Globe (cat)
    Khatt (cat)
    Gnowwy (cat)
    Combat (cat)
    Lobo (cat)

19. Montana Farm Girl profile image60
    Montana Farm Girlposted 14 years ago

Well, we do own a farm so here it goes:

Nitro, Max, Zazzy, Ranger, Pinky - our dogs

Hope, Twitch, Ajax, Belle, Liberty, Trooper - our cats

Licorice, Tootsie, Baby Ruth, Kit Kat, Snickers - our goats

Fabio, Alice Cooper, Mario, Rod Stewart, Lizzy Borden, Mama, Ethel, Henny Penny, Grizzy - our chickens (and the other 50 chicks.... answer to "chick, chick, chick...go figure!!! :-)

Guss and Arlo - our ducks, who think they're chicks (see hub :-)
    (the other 6 ducks are far too DUMB to realize they even have names!!!)

And, of course every farm has to have a pig named:  BABE :-)

20. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

MFG -- You definitely take the prize. Best in show, and SOME PIG!

When Hubby and I combined households we had 5 cats. He brought
    Perry, Penny and Patty
    I brought Gremlin and Storm
    Perry and Penny are now across the Rainbow Bridge
    and we have Jimmy who has been written about in HP (the rescue cat who rescued my marriage).

Been jonesin for a canine, tho!

21. Tyson Ellis profile image41
    Tyson Ellisposted 14 years ago

No pets here... not interested!

22. profile image58
    untiedshoelaceposted 14 years ago

I don't have a pet. I always wanted a purple cat named chocolate. =]

23. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

I have one dog name is milli.

24. starla profile image57
    starlaposted 14 years ago

Alpenhorn (cat)
    Middy (cat)
    Gizmo (cat)
    Britney (dog)
    Destiny (dog)
    Cube (snake)
    Jelly (cat)
    K.C. (cat)

25. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I have one dog an English bulldong/Terrier mixed pup who lives with my parents now named Buffy. I have 3 cats who live with me and my husband: Sasha is my 2 year old Tortoise shell, Shadow my 1 going on 2 year old all black cat, and our newest member Tiger the 6 month old tan, gray, and white tabby. smile I love my babies.

I've had past pets too if you want to know their names as well.

26. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

for some reason, our animals die prematurely and quickly. The last one was named Ruby, a Great Pyrenese.

27. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

We have three dogs plus 5 puppies right now. Puppies do not have names yet as we're going to sell some of them. My three dogs' names are Bonnie (for the 10-month old Doberman), Pretty (the mother of the puppies) and Banz (Pretty's brother, name derived from the Filipino term "bansot" meaning small smile).

28. Gennifer profile image55
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

my cat's name is Max

29. Jeffrey_L profile image59
    Jeffrey_Lposted 14 years ago

One 3 month old Miniature Schnauzer puppy named " Tigerr " lol.

30. Angel Of Love profile image64
    Angel Of Loveposted 14 years ago

my pet's name is Happy!!!

31. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

A cat called Tiggy!

32. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

we have a miniature pinscher named Heidi!

33. sarovai profile image74
    sarovaiposted 14 years ago

my pet dog name was jimmy

34. profile image53
    rosieangelposted 14 years ago

I have two cats, Toby and Greyie.

35. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Wow, RooBee... that's practically a zoo!

We have one little girl cat named Maya.

36. B.Z. Alixandre profile image67
    B.Z. Alixandreposted 14 years ago

My boxer mutt is M.Ali...guess who she's named for wink  its pronounced Molly despite attempts to annunciate the Ali part.  My Lab/Retriever before that was Fezzik--he was a quiet giant.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of my bearded dragons was named Mali, pronounced Molly.

37. housedad profile image59
    housedadposted 14 years ago

Murphy (the Burmese) & Mitzy (short for Mystery - a pound puppy of undetermined origins ~!)

38. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

We have a cat named Maya. Our deceased cats were Misty and Dusty.

39. Domelia profile image59
    Domeliaposted 14 years ago

Molly (mix maltese poodle) and Xena (alsation)

40. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Currently we are a 2 dog household.  Both are rescues and we kept the names given to them by the rescue group/foster families.  We are however very big on nicknames at our house. 
    - There is Hope, a 9 year old Boykin Spaniel.  She is also known as Hootie, Chunky Dory, Hoo Hoo Badoo, Hootie Marie, Hootie One Eye.
    - Sebastian is a 5 year old chocolate dapple dachshund with a huge overbite.  He is also known as Bat Man, Bastian, Buddy, and Wee F$*#!^.
    - The doggie love of my life, gone since 2003, was and will always be Miss Mocha Bean Crayne.  Also a rescued Boykin, she only had 3 legs.  She lived to the ripe old age of 15 ½.  How marvelous is that?  My friends used to say if they were reincarnated, they would want to come back as Miss Mocha Bean.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, rmcrayne.  Good to see you here.  smile

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Wordscribe41!  I really appreciate that.  I see from your bio that you are a social worker.  I am an occupational therapist.  I worked in psychiatry right out of school, and worked peds, including school-based therapy and NICU for ~10 years.

41. Alastore001 profile image60
    Alastore001posted 14 years ago

I have 2 Jack Russell Terriers, a male and a female.

The female i personally named "Charlotte"
    The male was already named when i got him "Buddy"
    I took him from someone who was abusing him.

42. profile image0
    americhickposted 14 years ago

I have two long haired chihuahuas, Tank (4lbs) and Maggie (3lbs).   Tank's full AKC name is Tank Ulysses and Maggie's is Kamelrose Magdalena (named by her breeder).   They are both adorable!!!

When they are bad, we call them by their full names smile

43. ThePartyAnimal profile image60
    ThePartyAnimalposted 14 years ago

Ok here I go:

Dogs:
    Bailey
    Rosco
    Dodge

Cats:
    Bugsy
    Sticker
    Fang
    Scar
    Sushi
    Cyber

and a whole lot of fish

44. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

2 birds - cocoa and peanut (the raw ingrediants for peanut-butter cup) and no we do not call them mr & mrs. reeses:)

45. Dangazzm profile image74
    Dangazzmposted 14 years ago

1 Dog - Mooner

Named for how he liked to moon the people in the pound where he was when we found him after being petted for a small amount of time he rolled on his back and it looked like he was mooning you. Even if you just touch him he hits his back hah.

46. David Fallon profile image60
    David Fallonposted 14 years ago

PACO (pictured here smile  )

Read about his life as a service cat in my hubs wink

1. A2shley profile image60
      A2shleyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How cute!  I have one cat named Lucy.  I thought about training her as a service cat but she's too much of a diva (and, unfortunately, a biter).  She's very beautiful but she rules the roost!

47. arunjain1989 profile image61
    arunjain1989posted 14 years ago

I have one dog named bazooka.

48. Capable Woman profile image61
    Capable Womanposted 14 years ago

Caution answering this question, fellow Hubbers... do you use your pet's name or any derivation thereof in any of your passwords?

If so, Caution!

49. Dale Nelson profile image37
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

We have 2 dogs. A cocker spaniel named Jesse and a Jack Russell named Deefer - D for Dog - Get it.

Were thinking of calling him Jackpot cos he was born on 07/07/07.

50. easy1 profile image59
    easy1posted 14 years ago

I have a Jack Russel called Trixie,in fact I have a hub about her as well. Previously I had a mongrel called Rowdy,a ladrador called Rudy and an Irish Wolfhound called Rommel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)