Effective Ways to Save Money
Hard times calls for some measures and it is nice to be thrifty nowadays.
In this time of difficulties it is not a bad idea to be frugal. Here are some important or essential pointers or tips that will help you save your precious buck
1. Try and compare. Placebo effect is often associated with a product or service that tend to be expensive but give us an impression that these product/service will yield outstanding result, almost but not quite, this is not true in all occasions. Try getting out from your shell and explore things around you, try purchasing other cheaper brands of products you regularly use, if a product meet your standards and effective as well, I presume it's time for you to shift to the new discovered product(s).
2. A dollar a day keeps the worries away, just kidding aside. Try tossing a dollar to your piggy bank religiously a day, imagine in one year you could be able to save 357 dollars. The more amount of dollars you will save in your piggy bank consistently a day the better it gets. The battle cry here is consistency and self-discipline, easier said than done eh.
3. Buy only things that are considered necessities refrain from buying luxuries. Make a list before going in a buying spree to determine which products are of importance and priority. Stick to the list and come up with this rule: buy only what is on the list then reward yourself that by self-talking you are disciplined. Consider this as a mini triumph everytime you do this to keep you motivated. Celebrate your pocket-sized victory by tossing the money you saved in your piggy bank regulary, this will surely boosts your savings.
4. Get rid of smoking and drinking habits if you can hehehe. The money spent with these vices are often unnoticed. Actually the money wasted with these craps could be (very) surprising. If you can't lick these habits why not try to minimize your expenses with cigarettes and liquors/beers. Remember too much drinking and smoking is always unhealthy to do (cigarettes are loaded with 4,000 or more harmful chemicals).
5. Pardon my French hehehehe ---- If your damn so good in gambling or in casino I guess it's a high time for you to stop with this dreaded vice. Studies shown about gambling was very alarming, many American hooked on with this vice end up as big losers. The addictive feeling one can extract from gambling will slowly turn someone into few months to few years into a pauper, worst, poorer than a rat, wakikik. Those who are fond of this vice will always find ways to have money just to gamble. It is a lose-lose situation here, even on a winning streak or not gamblers will continue playing, thus, all of his bucks will surely be at the losing end. I have a close friend who is known to be addicted to gambling. Now, all of his appliances was sold out and he even has no electricity connected to his home, poor him, because of gambling the things he had accumulated for several years were gone in thin air.
6. Living now needs to be practical. If you can fix some of your broken stuffs go ahead like sewing your ripped underwears and undershirts. They're not visible in human's sight anyways when you wear them.
7. Recycle old stuff. Try engaging in a hobby that could help you recycle your old stuffs, wakikik. Origami, scrapbooking and other activities that requires creativity and artistry will help you recycle things that you have inside your home that seems to be useless. Inclinations to these fun-filled activities are cheaper and helps you bond well with your kids, nieces and nephews.
8. Reuse. Dont fix that ain't broken, if your old stuffs still doing fine and not yet worn out try to extend their useful life a little bit further.
9. Say no to softdrinks or soda. Softdrinks/soda can be a good part of your every meal, but these drinks have no beneficial effects so as to speak (these can even cause serious problems in our digestive and excretory system if intake is not regulated). You might skip buying them, instead settle for juice drinks that are loaded with vitamins and minerals like vitamin C. You'll save a lot doing this.
10. Don't rely on bottled water. Okay, bottled water is healthy and safe to drink, but come to think of it they're quite expensive, why not settle what is free. Bring your own plastic bottle that just contain a plain tap water.
11. Divide and conquer no more. Products bought in smaller packs and sachets is not wise idea to do. Try to purchase by volumes or big items rather, and for sure this strategy will help you save precious bucks. The rule here is, if you buy product(s) that you always use get the bigger size available.
12. Don't rely on convenience store stores for they command higher prices. If it is not urgent, don't buy there, but if groceries or malls are far and your buying just few items it is okay to buy in a convenience store, because you have no choice wakikik.
13. Don't be a compulsive buyer. Get rid of the habit of buying things spontaneously this will hurt your budget.
14. Minimize coffee intake. Too much coffee makes you shaky.
15. Whip out low cost date. You can have an exciting date without spending much, you may go to near park, watch fireworks, cooking with your girlfriend/boyfriend, eating popcorn while watching movies in your DVD or perhaps do other creative activities to spice up your date and save.
16. Don't eat junk foods please. These foods contain harmful monosodium glutamate (msg) hehehe.
17. Walk the talk literally. Save by way of walking if your destination is not that far besides it is a good way to have a healthy exercise and can be fun as well especially when you have a companion with you. Talking about anything while walking will get you to the place you want to go without noticing it in no time, hehehe. Moreover, this will help you avoid traffic and the smog and smoke of the vehicles. If you have bicycle the better you may ride with it cause no one is prohibiting you to do so hehehe.
18. Plant veggies or trees in your backyard if you have space and time to do it. Planting can be a good hobby and an excellent way of unwinding too. Moreover, it is a healthy habit and in few months you'll surely reap what you sow literally, fresh and luscious fruits and vegetables right in your palms ready to be eaten or to be cook.
19. Be redundant. This is just a reminder nyahaha, do all tricks that will help you save electricity and water, this are tried and tested but seem redundant.
20. Search and Purchase. When buying big items appliances, dining set, and the likes, don't hesitate to canvass for the price. Visit as many showrooms as much as possible to determine which best suit your taste and budget.
21. Save on discounts. Always be on a look out for products that has discounts atttached with it. These offer(s) doesn't come often and it is clever to strike the iron while it is hot.
22. The best things in life are free. When a product has a free items, go ahead buy them if it will be useful to you, otherwise don't.
23. Build strong bond with your favorite stallowner(s). This will also be a way of having friend and the same time gives you the opportunity to buy their product or acquire their services in a discounted basis.
24. Last but not the least dont rely on loan sharks and banks in borrowing money. Whoa, the interests of more or less 20% is too much too bear.
These are some tips on how to save money... I hope it will help in a way.
This is my 10th hub entry to the hubchallenge...