I think it is official. Google hates...

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (53 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

...Bubblews. (Decided to give Bubblews a break and not declare it in the title.)

Here is why I think this...

I posted a bubble, "Putin Contemplates Alaska".

I then hawked it on my main website and on G+.

I just now did a search for the title.

My website came up #1 position.

G+ was further down the page.

The actual bubblews post was nowhere to be found.

I'd kind of had hopes of getting a little organic along with the usual with my posts. It used to be so, but I'm guessing no more. Oh, well. The CW is still fun to do.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Imagine if Google loved it in spite of all its junk.

paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Think I'll still make half-dorked attempts at SEO, it's become a habit anyway. lol

2. shabarigirish profile image60
      shabarigirishposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's a good news! I'm waiting for that pirate boat to sink. With the amount of substandard contents and spam posts,  it is expected though.

They are cheating many writers also. They pay two-three redemption properly and all of sudden stop paying without any reasons.  Innocent writers think they might have broke some rules and keep posting thinking that they may get next payout. The site raised its payment threshold from $25 to $50, so they can cheat for longer time and higher amount.

paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So far, I've had no redemption problems.It is sad though that every time I click that green button there is always that element of fear. Hopefully that fear will be removed over time.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
          Jayne Lancerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Six of the nine people I know who write or have written there have had payment problems. Dreadful site!

2. Good Guy profile image83
          Good Guyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same with you.  But so far so good.  I am still writing nonsense there. Actually not nonsense but trivia.  But not to worry, not many actually read, just click "like"!  LOL!!

3. shabarigirish profile image60
          shabarigirishposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I got paid four times without any problem, fifth redemption is unpaid since few months. My last bubble explains how my posts are complying with their told-untold rules, terms and online writing ethics. I haven't posted any bubbles after that and not deleted earlier bubbles. The balance is accumulated to over $30, I just want to leave it till $50  and check if they pay. Don't want to put more efforts when payment is uncertain. At least if they respond to our mails or specifically mention why they haven't paid redemptions, it will improve credibility of the website.

1. Good Guy profile image83

Hi shabarigirish,
            I regard Bubblews as an outcast or at best a fourth-rate site.  It beats me how they can earn enough to pay us.  Looks like Adsense is oblivious of the quality of B.  If not solely for the money, I think no one will be wasting his/her time over there.  At least this is true for me.

1. mbwalz profile image85
              mbwalzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I like it there. Yes, much junk as so many write with English as being a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc language. It is not Hubpages so shouldn't even be compared.  It's more like Facebook.

I make some money writing short posts. I read other's stuff and learn about other people's lives. It's a great outlet for me.

I'm not looking for literature there. I leave that for this or books.

Frankly,  I'm a bit put off by the snobbery here sometimes.

2. Solaras profile image95
              Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think one way they make extra money is by "sneaking" views on you.  You hit submit on a post, and it tells you incorrect captcha.  So you get to view 3 more ads while you resubmit. If I compose my post on their site, that gives them 10 minutes of engagement on the ads showing as I create my post. It tells you you already liked something you have never seen before; probably that person is not getting paid for your "like." Not paying writers randomly gives good savings. Taking money back from those who delete posts saves them money. etc..

Then the system is soooo slow to let you make a like or comment or move on to another post; they are forcing you to have longer engagement with each post.  Where you might run about and  "like" fanatically, you are forced to slog through their pokey system, viewing ads for 20-30 seconds longer than would be your choice. 

There are many little ways they carve out income that we don't really think about; we just blame their system for being slow and buggy, but I suspect that is part of their design.

3. Alphapx profile image63
      Alphapxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is nice to know about Bubblews. It may blew you away. Kidding! Well, you could try other sites. I am glad to be here in Hubpages.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I have written 740 Bubbles over there since July 2013.

Still writing, still getting paid.

I hope we all stay that way!

3. Cynthianne profile image61
    Cynthianneposted 10 years ago

I am also on Bubblews, I think they stopped the "outside" viewing counts. When I first signed up I was getting outside hits, but then someone started using bots,so they stopped the outside views. As I understand it...maybe things will pick up again on outside viewing. sad I love Hubpages, make money faster at Bubblews but a lot more work...I won't quit Bubblews yet, but those errors...ugh...

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Outside views still count. It's outside LIKES from 'random users' that don't.

4. Laura-n-Sasha profile image60
    Laura-n-Sashaposted 10 years ago

I am on bubblews more than here. I have gotten all of my payments (6 of them so far) but there is the element of fear. I saved them all so that if there is a problem someday, I can take them all and move on.

I like that I can do it with less characters and words.

Here I like the ability to have polls and good formatting but I do write on other sites as well.

So far, my articles have been found on Google but I tend to really share on Facebook. So I don't know. Just putting in my two cents.

1. Cynthianne profile image61
      Cynthianneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have never had a problem with payouts so far! :-)

5. dwelburn profile image90
    dwelburnposted 10 years ago

I've never had a problem with payments (but only had 3 at the $25 level). But if you stop being active there your views dwindle to next to nothing. So no residual potential to speak of.

6. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

I've had no trouble, either, with payments. 9 or 10 at $25 and just got my first one for $50. I'm slowing down writing over there because, although it is faster to earn than it is on sites like HubPages at first, it's not in the long term. It takes a few months or up to a year to make payout on HP, perhaps, but then the residual is there and can build. I've been getting paid every month for nearly two years. Some of those months I've done very little on HP. Bubblews is quick for the short term, but I'm not sure there's much hope for residual. Some, yes . . . $50 or more per month, though? Never. A person really has to be active to keep the comments and likes coming.

7. Torrs13 profile image88
    Torrs13posted 10 years ago

I've had no problems with getting paid by Bubblews but I have noticed that my posts don't rank well in Google either. The way that I've discovered I make money there is to interact with the other users as much as possible. I usually save my better articles for sites like HubPages and save my more relaxed ones for Bubblews since I know I won't draw much traffic from a search engine.

+1

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've made the $50 payout about 3 times now, and always got paid when I was trying to make $25.00 each week. Bubblews never "lost" or denied me a payment yet.

It does take longer to get to the $50 mark though. And it seems like as you go along, there are less people to connect with. I suspect many people left when the payout amount was raised.

The majority of people aren't reading your whole post anyway. It only needs to be a short paragraph, then you need to comment on the few who actually interact with you.

I usually stop posting when I reach the payout amount, to see that I actually get it. They are slow, Paypal apparently doesn't trust Bubblews, they hold their payments for a minimum of 3 working days before you can move it into your own account to clear with your own bank.

That's what I do now. Redeem, wait for payment, then start posting again.
          I am trying to shorten my new posts now to around 120 words!

8. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 10 years ago

I haven't had any trouble being paid yet. I am about to redeem my second $50 so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. I have noticed you need to be more active on the site to reach the $50 now. The site has its problems, the errors are a pain and it isn't great long term, but hey it's a bit of fun writing nonsense sometimes.

9. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 10 years ago

I've been inactive on BBlws for a few months now and my bank balance is stuck at around $21. Maybe that's how they make their money: collecting leftovers from those who've given up because they do not enjoy clicking likes and commenting on strangers' personal stuff.

Glad for Mark though that you finally found a site that suits your art, humor and wit. For me, as a teacher, I need to be read, not just liked. To achieve that, I use other inspiring ways to spend my time.

Bye Bye Bblws...

10. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 10 years ago

I've had 5 $25 payouts and 2 $50 ones on Bubblews since last July without really spending a lot of time on the site. It definitely is a "less is more" site in terms of article length. I wouldn't bother to put a researched article there unless I was also going to place it elsewhere, like Yahoo or my own blog. But I do enjoy writing short pieces that I try to make meaningful to readers. It's one place I can be a little humorous or sardonic. One thing I do is to "like" comments only when they show the commenter actually read the article.

Yes, I've been less generous with my "likes." Many of the posts are not in proper English, and if the person connects with me, I'll connect, but probably won't keep on communicating.

It's obvious some people on Bubblews just copy a paragraph about a topic they know nothing about. At least if they are going to do that, they should be smart enough to begin at the beginning of the topic, to introduce it. They seem to copy a paragraph pages into an article they know nothing about, and still make English errors, even in copied content.

I can't understand how people are getting 100 likes on a paragraph that doesn't even make sense. I try to write about relevant things, and am a decent writer, and barely get 30 views on many of my posts. I'll keep on until they stop paying, it's worth it for the money as long as I don't waste too much time on it. And I have had Bubbles on the first page of Google.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jean, I don't think half the people there even read the bubbles. They just hit like so they'll get one in return. Some of the ones with poor English have 1000's of followers. I'm am about $5 from payout. Once I get that, I think I'll quit.

1. RonElFran profile image96
          RonElFranposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When I submit a bubble, I immediately bring it back up to proof it one more time. What I find hilarious is that sometimes between the time I hit submit and the time it takes me to bring the article back up, several people may have viewed it, and some have even "liked" it. I once took an Evelyn Wood speed reading course, but that's a lot faster than I could read!

Hi Barbara Kay,
            Yes, I doubt that many people read the Bubbles. It's worth it to me if I keep them short, and don't waste too much time there.

Ron, I have wondered that myself. The site goes down a lot there. The other night I was trying to submit a Bubble, and even though I had the captcha right, the site kept telling me it was wrong. I kept trying to submit, and kept getting the same response, like my Bubble wasn't going through. But then I got a message that I posted more than 10 times that day, and it was only my 2nd post. I went on my profile, and that post the captcha wouldn't let through was on my page 8 times! They all had views and likes, so I picked the one to stay that had the most likes. But I lost a lot on it. Try to check your profile page after you post, to be sure that doesn't happen to you.

And what's happening on HP? I'm making less than a dollar a day? And I bet most of my stuff was stolen by now anyway.

Jean, it has happened to me! I had a similar experience with captchas being rejected, but the bubbles being accepted. I learned that whenever a "submit" doesn't go through for whatever reason, I open another browser tab and check to see if it's there before trying to submit again. Almost always it is.

I was so embarrassed to see I had 8 copies of the same post! But on the other hand, at least it was literate! I'll check from now on. Do you use the same name there? I'll connect. I use my same name.

On Bubblews I'm RonFCCC.

2. Solaras profile image95

Next time you get screwed into posting the same post multiple times, don't delete them!  Change them to another post; they can't keep track of what the orginal post was, so as long as you change them within an hour or two, you can keep the likes and comments and add to your oeuvre.

1. Solaras profile image95

I have had the same thing happen to me and kept all of the comments etc.. telling me I had posted the same thing 4 times yaddyaddyya, and got paid for the new post content and title with the old no longer appropriate comments and likes.

11. Helena Ricketts profile image91
    Helena Rickettsposted 10 years ago

I don't understand why anyone would put a great article on that website.  The layout on the site is very Kindergarten.  Maybe it is just me but layout is extremely important for an article to be taken serious.  It is one of the things that HubPages obviously takes serious because they give us the ability and tools to create extremely visually pleasing articles that keep people engaged in the subject matter, if the author uses them. 

Bubblews is a blue box with text and ads.  There's nothing there that keeps people engaged except for those that are looking to exchange likes or comments.  The key word is exchange and that sucks up a LOT of time spent reading, commenting and liking trash that you aren't even interested in for 1 cent and that's only if they reciprocate.

My bet would be any Google traffic that does end up there bounces quickly because of the appearance.

You could probably make more money in less time writing for a content mill site. 

The majority of the content on the site is substandard at best.  It is littered with horribly written pieces that frankly do not make any sense.  I would not want anything that I have written to be associated with that mess.  At least not under a name that I use anywhere else online.   

I'm not trying to go all negative Nancy on the site but I'm curious to those that use it and like it, how much total time do you put into the site to reach your $50 payout?  That time includes reading, commenting and liking other people's stuff that get you to payout.  In other words, how much are you making PER HOUR for a one time payout on a site that historically gives very little residual pay?

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
      Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I definitely prefer Hubpages for all the points mentioned above, plus the passive income aspect.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image74
      csmiravite-blogsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are a few good writers on Bubblews. What is ironic though, is that these same writers would have to view, like, and comment on other people's post for several hours on end just to earn. It is very degrading whenever I see that. There are good writers in hubpages that I see in Bubblews, that all they do is just post ---good morning, how do you do, the sun is shining, and what I am eating for breakfast ---- stuff that would make you puke and not read. What they do is just milk the site for what what it's worth! LOL!  I am one of those that was not paid, but I hold no grudges towards the site, since a number of my friends are still earning from there. But I never like the length of time that I need to be there in order to earn. There is an old veteran squawking that she earns $800 a month, by working 10 hours a day! How horrible! I can earn that amount at half the time doing content! Just my one cent....

LOL!!! I am guilty, guilty, guilty!

I think Bubblews is nice for writers who can and do write in better places. It gives them a place to be mindless, and to just get new ideas, see what people are talking about. It can be worth it for anyone for their own reasons. I personally don't put much time in, because the site can be a big time waster. But so can Pinterest, and so many others. You need to decide if it fulfills something in you to write there.

I sometimes just write one Bubble a day now, but it's still nice when I get a payout, I can use that. As it stands on Hubpages now, I make less than a dollar a day, and if I write new hubs, it's debatable if they will get much attention. I haven't kept up with all the changes here, and have a devil of a time posting a hub unless I use Google Chrome, when I use Internet Explorer for everything else.

2. mbwalz profile image85

Personally, I like to hear the every day lives of people who live in places so different than me. Many of these writers are students or mothers or dads to whom $50 means a great deal. I love having connections all over the world. If their post isn't interesting, I don't "like" it. But these are real people who are expressing themselves. I blogged my trip to Paris and my frustrations with the long hard winter. These are not articles, just blog posts. I have found I pay attention to so many more details of my life and family and environment and the world. I make money for it. I've taken weeks to write good hubs, creative writing and not a penny have I earned with that writing on Hubpages. I still like it here, but it is a different kind of writing. You can enjoy a coke while also savoring a well crafted wine. The two are NOT the same and should not be compared. And you shouldn't look down at the person who enjoys Coke, just because you sip expensive wine.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image74

When I was still in Bubblews, I can't stand the length of time that I have to be there in order to earn. Assuming we post 1 article, we need at least 1 hour of interaction with other bubblers, at the minimum. If we post 10 articles, we need 10 hours of interaction. No matter how good  a writer you are, you need to interact or else you don't get the click rates. The traffic is internally generated and not much is made from google searches.

Regardless, it is a site that pays more than other serious sites like Hubpages. The only difference is that this site has longevity since the traffic are from  google. Nonetheless, there are a number of writers who have lots of  accolades and a high ranking status,  but are not getting the views.  There are some with no accolades, but are getting 1,000,0000 to 10,000,000 click rates. I am still new on the site and I still don't understand how to  earn here.

With Bubbblews, you see the money right away, if you are paid. But the length of time it takes to earn money, and the interaction that you have to do, can really be frustrating. More so, if you don't get paid. Even when I was still there, I prefer to earn money doing content than spend long hours on the site reading and commenting on the posts that I don't even like. If you don't do that, your posts are going to rot with very few click rates.

Anyhow,  I like seeing my students and the non-working mothers in my neighborhood earn money  from there. But for me, I can't stand it. I'd rather do content,  and get over the thing in just a few hours than spend long hours reading hundreds and thousands of posts. Again,my one cent.....

Quite honest.  If anyone has a better way of earning, he/she should not waste time in Bubblews.  For me, I don;t have a better way, as yet.  So I waste my time earning peanuts in Bubblews.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image74

For Filipinos, earning a dollar is a big thing since the exchange rate is about P43: $1. What is good, is that we earn in dollars, and spend in pesos. So you see many Filipinos on the site.  I see former students of mine earning money for school allowance and my neighbors for additional marketing expenses from bubblews. Well, that is better than playing online computer games and doing nothing. I  tell them though, not to put  so much time since it's not really worth it.

We have a content site in the Philippines --- essays dot com --- that they can dip their noses in and earn a few pesos. But they like bubblews since it's easier and doesn't need much thinking to do a post. So you see their posts, with half a brain of English,  cranked out 10 times a day! I cringed whenever they do that, but some are lucky enough to even hit  the frontpage! LOL!  smile

Thanks for the idea, Solaris! It happened to me last night, I was only trying to make one post. Again, the site kept going down and being slow, I was sometimes seeing the error message. I know the captcha was right, and again I had 2 posts of the same thing. Next time I will keep the views, and modify the post. I'm also trying to keep them shorter. I was used to writing intelligent articles here and on my blog, or other places I write. But Bubblews is only a place for stream of consciousness writing, or a little blurb about something. It's annoying to see those people who talk about how they ate breakfast and went back to bed, and see they got 100 likes.

csmiravite-blogs ,

Do you write there?  I still think the majority are Filipinos, but one Bubbler gave stats that show India, USA in that order.  Whenever I look at the post or like, 90% Filipinos!

12. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I post two or three Bubbles a day on average.  In spare time after work.  I don't play the like game, visit friends occasionally when I have time.

It makes me two / three dollars a day roughly.  Hundred  dollars a month.  I guess I am 'earning' a dollar or two an hour.

So it is not worth the effort.  But when was writing just about some hard-nosed calculation?  Very few writers make real money.  It's a hobby and a hope for most.

It is just another place to be on the internet - like Twitter (no payment), Facebook (no payment), HP forums (no payment).

1. mbwalz profile image85

Agrees. And while I am now, after several years of writing good things on HubPages, making a whopping $.78 on a great day, I love Bubblews just for what it is. It's a place to blog about whatever you like without lots of work and research. $2+ per day for four posts and socializing, I can't hate it.

Mark,
      I am curious.  If you don't play the like game, how could you earn?  On average, one post of mine earns about 70+ cents.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I write stuff that amuses me.  Some people read it.  I Tweet it, sometimes FB it, and each new post gets a few likey-likey people, who rarely come back.  My average is similar to yours.

Some posts are linked to from HP or my blogs.  They make a few cents.

I visit my regular readers occasionally - but it is not an exchange deal.  I often state I am more interested in writing than reading - in a vaguely apologetic way.

13. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 10 years ago

What happened to paradigmsearch? he's not around lately.

1. Solaras profile image95

Wait a minute - I thought both WriterFox and paradigmsearch were females.  What am I missing.... other than Beth37

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)