Has anyone noticed the 'blue' Hub at the top of all of the pages?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (52 posts)
  1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

What do you think?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The circled U in HUB means the Hubber and the reader, I take it, and people sometimes like that. The logo reminds me of a cattle brand and also of a nice restaurant sign, so these could be positive.  I like the neon look.

2. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It looks like a neon sign to me and it got my attention right away this morning.

3. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Bar sign gone wrong.

The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why has it gone wrong?

4. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image67
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Illustrated in the neon style, the white letters are resting upon a royal blue background and this background provides a certain outstanding and eye catching look! One commentator was right; the circle does distort the H. Yes it does look like a cattle brand. I agree with that other hubber.

5. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i think the blue color means you had just read it

6. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this
    7. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I will design a much better one

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

It is April Fools Day.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And here I've been looking for the HUB Diner. lol

3. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

I hope it is an April Fools joke because to me the H looks like a K. I keep reading it "Kub Pages."

1. colorfulone profile image77

Maybe it is intended to attract attention and bring curious minds over to find out that it is HubPages and not some new site's logo.  It just might work, and if it does ... bravo!

2. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a fresh and funky cool look. But I agree with SmartAndFun. It looks like a "K." The only reason I know it says "HubPages" is because I'm a member.

1. paradigm search profile image54
        paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This has been an interesting psychology experiment. I hope those of us that see the "K" are the normal ones. lol

1. janshares profile image94

big_smile

2. colorfulone profile image77

K for Kellogg's!

2. Sed-me profile image79
        Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Im not just a member, Im the president.

*disclaimer: Im not really the president.

4. Holly22 profile image81
    Holly22posted 9 years ago

Pretty cool but it doesn't bring you to the most exciting of pages does it

What do you mean, "to the most exciting of pages" Holly22?

1. Holly22 profile image81
        Holly22posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's just that its the forum page. I was under the impression it was to attract people to the site to create more hubs. If that is the case it would be better to be a stellar hub page advertising hub itself. As it is it seems to be aimed at existing hubbers. But maybe that was the intention. I don't want to start any dissent so maybe I misunderstood.    Peter

5. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I never thought about any of that, I simply realized that it was different and wondered why they had changed it. April Fool's is the fathest from my mind.

6. Paul Maplesden profile image76
    Paul Maplesdenposted 9 years ago

My only complaint is that it should have been yellow on pink.

1. paradigm search profile image54
      paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's starting to grow on me.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61

Paul Maplesden
      Yuch. I like the blue.

paradigm search
      I agree.

3. cygnetbrown profile image82
      cygnetbrownposted 9 years ago

I saw this new icon just now. It looks really cool.

4. Casey van B profile image60
      Casey van Bposted 9 years ago

Hope it's an April Fools' prank.

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
        Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Me too.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61

Thursday, 4-2-15
        Either it was a prank or they read one of the forums because it is back to the previous one.

1. colorfulone profile image77

I think we can safely say it was a joke.
          Hahaha, all the way!

2. janshares profile image94

Confirmed by Christy Kirwan: April Fool's!! See her forum announcement.

I read it (after I read yours) and she also said that it was the first one designed. Amazing.

5. Shades-of-truth profile image83
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

There's another thread about it:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/129708

6. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Im glad someone started a thread so I could comment. I like it very much. Color is easy on the eyes, yet eye catching. Nice addition! Very hip.

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image67
        J - R - Fr13m9nposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I feel that with the royal blue background, it creates the white lettering to vibrantly stand out. It glares in my eyes. In the long run it is an improvement from the previous logo.

7. Lee Hansen profile image76
      Lee Hansenposted 9 years ago

Hard to read and disruptive of the existing brand including the black and white logo.

8. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 9 years ago

At first I thought it was a frog tilted on its side, the "B" as its eyes and the "U" as its mouth.  Frogpages really confused me until I realized it was April Fool's.

9. janderson99 profile image53
      janderson99posted 9 years ago

I hate it because it resembles an Expletive symbol or some sort of glitch or display error. It is also illegible. It is childish IMO. HP is meant to be serious and authoritative. Brands are very important - that one sucks!

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
        Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think it's an April Fool's joke. And notice they did circle U, sort of saying it was for us.

1. janderson99 profile image53
          janderson99posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think it is meant to be a magnifying glass symbol.

2. Sed-me profile image79

Wow, you feel so strongly. lol

1. janderson99 profile image53
          janderson99posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Gotcha ! That's my joke!

1. Sed-me profile image79

lol... That's actually funny. I didn't remember you as being so... intense.

10. makingamark profile image71
      makingamarkposted 9 years ago

I do hope nobody spent money thinking they were employing a professional to do this. 

If you're changing the branding you change everything - not just one little bit - to do otherwise is completely unprofessional

Besides which you can only get away with logos which don't read easily when your brand is so famous that you no longer need to spell it out.

So I conclude this must be an April Fool Joke!

1. Sed-me profile image79

And if not, your comment was super insulting... que sera sera.

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

HP is known for a good April Fool's prank!  tongue As soon as I saw it this morning, I laughed.  They would never ever use this terrible, amateurish logo.  If you sign out, you see the regular logo.

1. makingamark profile image71
        makingamarkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

Well there you go!  Thank you for the explanation.  Of course here in the UK it's no longer 1 April so I was beginning to wonder........ smile

12. makingamark profile image71
      makingamarkposted 9 years ago

Well I guess I've got two perspectives on the matter.

First as somebody who has actually managed a marketing function and commissioned people to advise on rebranding exercises (and hence knows more than a tad about these sorts of things)

and second as a consumer - I don't like it and it's not effective

13. Peggy W profile image95
      Peggy Wposted 9 years ago

I did notice it and agree with others that it is probably an April Fool's joke.

14. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 9 years ago

I will design a better one

15. offornagoro king profile image56
      offornagoro kingposted 9 years ago

This kelvin for that comment on good news forum. Really appreciate

16. offornagoro king profile image56
      offornagoro kingposted 9 years ago

Thks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)